Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Best Skylanders Hunt Ever [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 22:57:35 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
You know, sometimes an unsuccessful shopping trip can turn out to be one of your best ever, and today was certainly one of those cases. I want to tell you about the wonderful time I had while searching for Skylanders today.

So around these parts there's one EBGames in a mall that gets Skylanders almost every weekday, but you pretty much have to be there when they get their shipment at around 10-12AM. That means that if you're going for them at that store, you gotta park it on the comfy seats that just happen to be right outside the store, and wait within that two hour time frame. I've never done that since I'm not THAT anxious to get ahold of Skylanders I already own just to have them sealed for the collection, but I figured I'd give it a shot today since I woke up early anyways, and was awake enough by 9:00AM and get on the bus and go to the mall.

So I get there around 10:15 or so, and there's a mom and two kids that get there slightly before I do who are also looking for Skylanders. (The kids both looked to be about 8-11) They ask if the store has any yet, and the cashier say no, but their shipment was coming. So they go sit down on the comfy seats, and I go sit down in the same area. They looked friendly enough, so I struck up a conversation. What followed was a very enjoyable conversation that lasted over an hour about Skylanders. We talked about which ones we liked, which ones we were looking for, our adventures while searching for them, the price of them online, the rarity of the gold figures and how they aren't worth it, how easy they were to find before Christmas, and all sorts of other things. The mom told me how they bought the 3DS game for the figures, but don't have a 3DS, and I had brought my 3DS and the Skylanders game with me expecting to be sitting there bored, so the two kids watched me play the 3DS game for a couple of levels.

They were in the same boat a lot of people in Canada are in, where they're just trying to find an air Skylander. The girl really wanted Whirlwind, but they'd be happy just to get Sonic Boom. Air elements are REALLY hard to get in Canada, so I felt bad for them because I remember how frustrated I was when I was in that situation.

So the shipment arrives, and it turned out they didn't get any Skylanders. We all took it pretty well, and we all left the store disappointed, but glad to have met each other and chatted. It was a ton of fun, and even though I didn't find any Skylanders, it was totally worth the trip. I have a feeling that won't be the last time I go to that store and wait for their shipment to arrive, because I'd be happy to do it again for the chance to chat with other Skylander fans face to face.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#2 Posted: 23:01:31 27/01/2012
awwww =) i love this kind of stuff. a very heart warming story Dinohex, thanks for sharing smilie i cant say ive had any wonderful stories like that, i've just done quick in and outs and thats it lol but this must have been pretty nice.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 00:06:25 28/01/2012
If your close to where I am, upstate NY capital district, there are 2 TRU that have tons of stock of what I call the old ones. Sonic Booms galore.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#4 Posted: 00:13:21 28/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
If your close to where I am, upstate NY capital district, there are 2 TRU that have tons of stock of what I call the old ones. Sonic Booms galore.

Is Chop Chop one of the skylanders in the store.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#5 Posted: 00:17:56 28/01/2012 | Topic Creator

I'm in British Columbia Canada. I'd be happy to find anything. I can only hope once some other games start coming out, it will be easier to find these.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#6 Posted: 00:17:59 28/01/2012
^ah friends smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#7 Posted: 00:30:35 28/01/2012
Quote: Rays

Is Chop Chop one of the skylanders in the store.

In the 3 pack as well as a single I believe.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me