Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Attention scalpers: your days are numbered
Page 1 of 1
Attention scalpers: your days are numbered [CLOSED]
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1 Posted: 18:57:09 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I just made my daily rounds over lunch, which includes hitting a TRU, Game Stop, Wal-Mart and Target. For the first time ever, all four stores had product.

The TRU had eleven - ELEVEN - Empire of Ice adventure packs and a ton of older release single packs (mostly bash, prism break, drobot, dino-rang).

The Game Stop had a Pirate Seas adventure pack and about a dozen or so older release single packs.

The Target had the WB/SE/SB triple pack (x2), the Z/H/DR triple pack (x4) and some older release single packs.

The Wal-Mart (where I have NEVER seen product on their shelf) had some older release single packs.

Unfortunately, it was nothing that I needed, but I was happy to actually see something besides bare hooks and shelves.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
skylanderraven Green Sparx Gems: 187
#2 Posted: 19:04:59 27/01/2012
That is good news for everyone (except the scalpers smilie)
---
OWNED: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie ][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie] WANT: [smilie]
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#3 Posted: 19:07:33 27/01/2012
I don't agree with scalpers either, but you're just hurting yourself by constantly posting / thinking about them. It only hurts you. It doesn't hurt them.
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#4 Posted: 19:17:03 27/01/2012
I did my rounds as well this morning and every place I went had some. With the exception of one Walmart which has removed the displace and have done away with the hanging spot for the figures. I asked about it and they told me it does not look like that store will be getting anymore in at all. Which the guy said he thought wasn't a good move and he can't figure out why since they are great sellers.

Some places like TRU had a ton but no triple packs. Kmart actually had 5 singles on the shelves (which around here is rare for Kmart to have any.)
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#5 Posted: 20:25:27 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Forever
I don't agree with scalpers either, but you're just hurting yourself by constantly posting / thinking about them. It only hurts you. It doesn't hurt them.

First of all, I never said that posting about scalpers was hurting them. The only thing that hurts a scalper is patient customers who wait for supply to catch up with demand.

Secondly, I fail to see how I am hurting myself. I don't pay an inflated price. I pay retail, baby. Hell, I even returned a Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang 3-pack to TRU because I found it at Target. Saved five bucks.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
aza123neo Green Sparx Gems: 153
#6 Posted: 20:41:52 27/01/2012
I can't wait for the UK to finally get some more stock. Did the rounds 3 days ago and my results were as follows:

Game - Nothing.
HMV - Nothing.
Asda - Nothing.
Toys R Us - Nothing.
Tesco - 2 Boomers, 1 Hex and 1 Stealth Elf.

Game and HMV told me to expect more on the shelves over February and March, Toys R Us said "soon" and the other stores had no idea when more stock would be in. :/
---
Currently own:
[smilie smilie][smilie smilie smilie][smilie][smilie smilie][smilie][smilie smilie][smilie smilie]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7 Posted: 20:43:38 27/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

First of all, I never said that posting about scalpers was hurting them. The only thing that hurts a scalper is patient customers who wait for supply to catch up with demand.

Secondly, I fail to see how I am hurting myself. I don't pay an inflated price. I pay retail, baby. Hell, I even returned a Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang 3-pack to TRU because I found it at Target. Saved five bucks.

Same here.

"We must stand united to protect our world from these invaders!" (quote taken from Shadow the Hedgehog game)
---
Bring the Fanta
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#8 Posted: 21:33:40 27/01/2012
Quote: aza123neo
I can't wait for the UK to finally get some more stock. Did the rounds 3 days ago and my results were as follows:

Game - Nothing.
HMV - Nothing.
Asda - Nothing.
Toys R Us - Nothing.
Tesco - 2 Boomers, 1 Hex and 1 Stealth Elf.

Game and HMV told me to expect more on the shelves over February and March, Toys R Us said "soon" and the other stores had no idea when more stock would be in. :/

When I checked Game, Gamestation today, GS had none, Game had about 8 wave 1 figures, so stores are still getting them
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#9 Posted: 21:41:46 27/01/2012

I'm not saying you are paying the prices, but to think about it and get frustrated (not targeting you, but everybody in general) it just stresses the people who worry about sculptors.
WithWhirlwind Green Sparx Gems: 388
#10 Posted: 21:42:20 27/01/2012
This is good news for my cousin smilie
---
Have:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#11 Posted: 22:41:59 27/01/2012
My mom just went to the store and almost got the Whirlwind triple pack, but missed it by maybe a minute, so she chose between a Drobot, Stump Smash, and Flameslinger triple pack and a Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, and Sonic Boom triple pack. She choose the second one, which I preferred. So she not only found some skylanders and saw more then one triple pack but also almost got Whirlwind. This is definitely progress. :3
drobot Green Sparx Gems: 177
#12 Posted: 22:53:18 27/01/2012
I se a ton everywhere!
---
Skylanders I have, smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie,smilie
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#13 Posted: 22:53:43 27/01/2012
this IS def. progress =3 super exciting! and that sucks that some stores are taking their skylanders sections out all together, talk about lame.... i hope our local one doesnt do that, they're the only stores besides Kmart and Shopko that still have the $7 price tag on em lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
whirlwind1234 Green Sparx Gems: 212
#14 Posted: 22:56:20 27/01/2012
Quote: drobot
I se a ton everywhere!

I see a ton too!
---
An irrelevant relic of the past
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#15 Posted: 23:04:54 27/01/2012

I'm not saying you are paying the prices, but to think about it and get frustrated (not targeting you, but everybody in general) it just stresses the people who worry about sculptors.

People shouldn't worry about the sculptors. How else are we gonna get Skylanders made? (Sorry, couldn't help myself smilie)

Anyways, I feel that once more games start coming out, the Skylanders craze will die down a bit. The really did release this at the perfect time. Long enough before Christmas for word to spread, and once it gets popular from Christmas, they have the entire empty release schedual of January basically to themselves for people to run out and buy the toys since nothing else is coming out. Gotta say, it was great planning.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#16 Posted: 23:34:09 27/01/2012
Quote: DinoHex

People shouldn't worry about the sculptors. How else are we gonna get Skylanders made? (Sorry, couldn't help myself smilie)

Nice one DinoHex
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#17 Posted: 02:01:12 28/01/2012
At my Wal*Mart there's always something. Either starter packs, single packs, or both.

Today I saw some Prysom Breaks, Boomers, Drobots, and a Flameslinger.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#18 Posted: 03:31:03 28/01/2012
They stopped selling anything at my walmart due to too many calls.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#19 Posted: 03:42:22 28/01/2012
This really is good news.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#20 Posted: 03:56:42 28/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

"Too many people are calling our store in the hopes of doing business with us!"

"WHAT?! We can't have that! Pull those extremely lucrative products from the shelves at ONCE!"
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:13 28/01/2012 by DinoHex
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#21 Posted: 04:03:34 28/01/2012

I'm sure Activision is thrilled with that decision.
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#22 Posted: 05:12:54 28/01/2012
I went to Big W (Australia) today and there were 50… i repeat 50!!!
---
Why am I back
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#23 Posted: 05:19:42 28/01/2012
Quote: DinoHex

"Too many people are calling our store in the hopes of doing business with us!"

"WHAT?! We can't have that! Pull those extremely lucrative products from the shelves at ONCE!"

Honestly, this is pretty much EXACTLY what happened.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#24 Posted: 05:30:25 28/01/2012
This is great news! Hopefully this means that my local Toys'R'Us in WA is going to finally get some figures in stock. I went there today and they had 3 Bashs ( bought one because I didn't have him yet) 2 Vodoods, 1 Prism Break and 1 Drobot.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#25 Posted: 05:36:22 28/01/2012
Quote: Cynder134
I went to Big W (Australia) today and there were 50… i repeat 50!!!

*Spits out Soda*
YEEESSS
skyp1e Green Sparx Gems: 306
#26 Posted: 20:23:44 28/01/2012
I owed my daughter a hunting trip for Skylanders and just returned. We hit a TrU, Gamestop and an FYE.

None of the stores had anything but starter sets in them. The most disturbing visit of all was FYE, however.

When we entered the store the clerks behind the counter asked if we needed any help. So, I responded that we were looking for Skylanders figures. The response was "Nope, none available they're like a national phenomenon. Your best move is to buy them on eBay. They're only like three or four times retail there".

I was taken a bit aback by this endorsement for the secondary market. I said, "It's my understanding that stores will see a tremendous boost in stock for these figures soon. That other stores are already filling their shelves".

"Oh yeah, we were told that too, turns out that it's not going to happen. You really should try eBay. It's going to be the only way to get figures for at least a year".

WTF?

I'm well aware that some folks that work in retail will themselves buy out stock to sell on eBay. I can't help but smell a rat in this particular FYE store.
---
Mine Portalmaster #788111 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Son's smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Daughter's smilie smilie smiliex2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#27 Posted: 21:09:26 28/01/2012
smilie Yeap. Something fishy going on there for sure.

The stock of Skylanders has been increasing steadily over the past few weeks. We live out in the middle of nowhere so our stock is slower coming, but even out here in the corn fields I'm seeing Skylanders pretty regularly. Nothing major, no huge stocks, but they are out there. I've collected every available Skylander and haven't paid more than retail anywhere.

Domer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me