Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A story I wrote... [CLOSED]
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#1 Posted: 09:15:03 10/05/2008 | Topic Creator
It's called 'Fearless'. I was in an angsty sort of mood, and I write depressing stories when I'm like that...so anyway...

She has no fear.
The spirits of the dead inspired nothing but pity from her. Scared witless were many others unfortunate enough to see one, but they could not bind her with their trance that held so many others.
They’re besieging her, groping with cold, wispy fingers, staring with sightless eyes, pleading for release with songs recognized by the fearful only as moans. Their claws sank like ice into her scales, but she doesn’t feel it. She doesn’t fear these poor souls, who are forever trapped searching for a release from their prison.
Their bodies were formless, forever shifting like a sinister blanket of smoke. They could not hamper her, she who has been held captive by darkness, unable to escape, to see a way out.
He helped her regain her sight, helped her see that it doesn’t have to be this way. He doesn’t know about the darkness, nor its insinuating voice that whispered deep in her mind, telling her to return to it.
But she won’t. She will never return to the evil that clogged her senses, that turned her against those who would have been her allies, her family.
She remembers, and still feels, the wave of guilt that had washed over her. It made her weep; wish the purple one had just left her to die. He should have, she didn’t deserve forgiveness. She’d tried to say it, to him, to the fire Guardian, to all of them. They’d waved it aside, told her she had no reason.
But there was. They could dance around with it as much as they like, she would never be rid of the guilt for the holocaustic mess she had created.
All other creatures fled from her, intimidated by her lack of fear in the face of death, though the relentless souls continued to beg for release.
She supposes she was like a dead soul herself, with the sharp, tense movements, the hollowness of her green eyes.
The darkness pushes at her consciousness, and she disregards it. She’d learned that that was the best option when she was in such a situation.
She could still feel the cold, hard iron that had bit into her neck when she’d been prisoner of Gaul, the Ape king, and the right hand man of the Darkness. She remembers how he’d looked at her, despairingly, almost hopefully. He did not want her killed. Perhaps that was the reason the Darkness had offered her the chance to become as she had once been, cold, malevolent. A monster.
She no longer feels any warmth for them; even they were the ones who raised her. Once, before the apocalypse of evil, an eclipse that the Darkness adored, for it channeled its powers through it, she would have considered them almost like a family. She could see through Gaul’s lies now. He had looked after her only at the Darkness’s insistence.
The souls sensed her emotional upheaval, scrabbling against her, their death songs floating through her mind in an endless chant.
She feels warmth blossom in her heart. She remembers his determined spirit, his innocence, the kindness that he showed her, the kindness that nobody else did. He cared about her, earnestly. How he could she would never understand, but it hurt her physically to harm him.
She could never, will never, ever hurt him. The Darkness’s power could not change her mind about that. It hadn’t, even when it had suffocated her will. The battle was proof. She fought it, overcame it. She hated the evil that had controlled her.
She feels pain. Pain she rightly deserves. But then there was relief. The Darkness was going. It was lifting, easing the pain. The souls swirl insistently around her, caressing her, urging her to go.
This time, she doesn’t resist. She feels her essence, her soul slipping away. The overwhelming throbbing doesn’t drown out the pity for the spirits.
As her spirit ebbs away, in the not too distant reality, she hears the purple one’s voice. But for once, she doesn’t listen. She sighs, not in sadness, but in elated relief. It was over.
Finally, it was all over.
---
You kicked who in the what now?
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#2 Posted: 10:18:33 10/05/2008
awesome!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#3 Posted: 22:50:57 10/05/2008
Wow... sad, but cool.
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
#4 Posted: 07:19:00 14/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks smilie
---
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11314
#5 Posted: 05:57:26 15/05/2008
great.smilie
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#6 Posted: 20:56:21 26/05/2008
awesome
#7 Posted: 00:34:26 30/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Even though I killed her? Okay then...
---
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#8 Posted: 16:19:19 01/06/2008
well i like death...
it reminds me of PIE!
DUN DUN DUN
what is wrong with my mind...???
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me