Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Case to hold all figures! [CLOSED]
Morgan Elf Green Sparx Gems: 136
#1 Posted: 13:12:48 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, I think there needs to be a case for everything. I have this idea, but don't know how I'd actually make it. I think it should be hinged, so when closed it's sort of like a castle suit case. Then when opened, it would have a spot for the portal in the middle, each side would have 4 little shelves to hold the 4 of each element, and the corners could hold the 4 adventure packs. I tried to draw it, but my sketch looked horrible! - I think I will try and build it out of legos!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#2 Posted: 13:31:58 26/01/2012
It could be done but it would probly be a lot easier to make a narrow(like a bit wider than a dvd shelf) and design it like a china cabnet. You could put book style shelves in a tier pattern and a space for the portal in center and adventure sets on the upper area along with a place for legendaries. you could even get fancy and line the back with card sheets so the fig cards could be displayed behind the fig. It wouldnt cost much in lumber/wood. You could just nail it together with finishing nails and put a good lacquer, or varnish on it. Then plexyglass or glass for the doors. You can get most of it cut to size when you buy it. Maybe cost you $30-$40 including glass if you shop around.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#3 Posted: 13:42:34 26/01/2012
You should check out GameMaster78's case it is pretty well done!!!!

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=44189
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:44:02 26/01/2012 by JAP28
#4 Posted: 13:44:17 26/01/2012
Thats good for storage but not very nice for display.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#5 Posted: 14:04:38 26/01/2012
You could always do what my son does, and throw them in a box. I am on the lookout for a better option, though. But I will probably wait until all of the figures have been released so that I can know that they will all fit properly, as some figures take up significantly more room than others.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
essadis Green Sparx Gems: 335
#6 Posted: 14:09:33 26/01/2012
I am in the prosece of drawing up plans for a display case. I will throw them up here when I am done tonight or tomorrow. I plan to have the skylander logo at the top and use the stickers for for labeling them also I am going to line it with felt or something. There will be a row for each element, a row for lagendaries/dark spyro, items/adventure pack will be displayed 2 on top and 2 below the cherecter figures. At the very bottom I will have 2 spots one for the console portal and one for the 3ds portal
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#7 Posted: 14:13:43 26/01/2012
When I move to out new house I will be making sure the Ikea budget can stretch to something like this, not just for our Skylanders but also my Pokémon figures smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#8 Posted: 15:07:48 26/01/2012
This is rough draft. Used landers and portal to get hieght, length, width measurements. space at top is for 5 legendaries, the 4 and dark spyro. space for all adventure packs and 1 portal (console size portal) The base shelf would only take couple hours to build, depending on if it was painted or varnished. Doors would take another hour or so. I'd use 1x7in. boards for outside frame, and 1/4 x 7in. for shelves.

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:10:43 26/01/2012 by Brutungo
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#9 Posted: 15:11:23 26/01/2012
I'm waiting until spring because Power A (the company who mad the other cases) is going to release a new case that holds them all.
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#10 Posted: 15:15:53 26/01/2012
Quote: Brutungo
This is rough draft. Used landers and portal to get hieght, length, width measurements. space at top is for 5 legendaries, the 4 and dark spyro. space for all adventure packs and 1 portal (console size portal) The base shelf would only take couple hours to build, depending on if it was painted or varnished. Doors would take another hour or so. I'd use 1x7in. boards for outside frame, and 1/4 x 7in. for shelves.

Looks pretty good, but personally, I'd turn it over. The bottom is your top and the top is your bottom.

Domer
#11 Posted: 15:43:46 26/01/2012
lol yeah you could easily flip it.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 15:55:06 26/01/2012
If someone were to develop a case, where the characters could be front-faced for display, they would need to make sure the size and width of all Skylanders were taken into account.

A character like Ignitor, has a raised sword, which makes him the tallest Skylander at this moment. However, when Wham Shell comes out, his mace looks to dwarf anything in terms of height and width, due to the sheer size of the morning-star.

Then there is Sunburns wing span, making him probably the widest Skylander.

These cases I have, while used for storage, has been carefully planned out to fit all Skylanders. However, in the event something goes wrong, I can free up space, by just removing the Empire of Ice, Dragon's Peak, Pirate Seas, and Darklight Crypt toys. That will DEFINATELY make more than enough room to fit all Skylanders for toting.

There is no clearance issue with the cases I carry them in. If you position the Skylanders in a certain way, things like Voodood's axe, won't even bend.

But, if it's about front-facing cases that can also be used for toting, someone better get some good dimensions, and make sure to take into account the Skylanders that haven't been released, height and width.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#13 Posted: 16:03:05 26/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If someone were to develop a case, where the characters could be front-faced for display, they would need to make sure the size and width of all Skylanders were taken into account.

A character like Ignitor, has a raised sword, which makes him the tallest Skylander at this moment. However, when Wham Shell comes out, his mace looks to dwarf anything in terms of height and width, due to the sheer size of the morning-star.

Then there is Sunburns wing span, making him probably the widest Skylander.

These cases I have, while used for storage, has been carefully planned out to fit all Skylanders. However, in the event something goes wrong, I can free up space, by just removing the Empire of Ice, Dragon's Peak, Pirate Seas, and Darklight Crypt toys. That will DEFINATELY make more than enough room to fit all Skylanders for toting.

There is no clearance issue with the cases I carry them in. If you position the Skylanders in a certain way, things like Voodood's axe, won't even bend.

But, if it's about front-facing cases that can also be used for toting, someone better get some good dimensions, and make sure to take into account the Skylanders that haven't been released, height and width.

As far as toting goes, I think your method is the best... There may be bigger cases out there so you can fit all into one or two, but the concept is perfect. Adjustable compartment cases is the way to go for carrying them around.

If someone wants to display them, then a forward facing custom cabinet would be the way to go. Stained finish and glass hinged doors with lighting. Similar to a china cabinet or display case for figures.

Custom sized compartments would be one way to go and would look outstanding. But it would be a lot of work. You could also go with a glass shelf cabinet, displaying the skylanders on shelves, instead of having an individual compartment of each one.

Neither cabinet would be that hard to make, but they would take some careful planning and a little know how.

Domer
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#14 Posted: 16:19:54 26/01/2012
If you wanted to make one to fit each one of the figures, a shelf that's 4 inches tall should accommodate all the characters, with about 3 inches wide for each of them, which is a bit generous.

However, you could probably find a regular entertainment stand thing at like Target or Walmart where you can put the pegs on different levels for height.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
joseph235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1089
#15 Posted: 19:44:12 26/01/2012
Actually chop chop is a tad bigger then ignitor. LOL i just measured. But i've heard possibly wham shell will be the tallest. Does anyone know?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#16 Posted: 19:46:00 26/01/2012
Quote: joseph235
Actually chop chop is a tad bigger then ignitor. LOL i just measured. But i've heard possibly wham shell will be the tallest. Does anyone know?

He looks like it with the mace in the pictures of his figure we've seen, like GameMaster said.

Although even then, the 4 inches I mentioned should be enough for him.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Gobiin Green Sparx Gems: 221
#17 Posted: 00:29:30 27/01/2012
I used a case made for Christmas ornaments. I posted pics in the Custom Cases thread if anyone wants to see.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Goldsmilie
essadis Green Sparx Gems: 335
#18 Posted: 13:45:23 31/01/2012
ok here is my pics of my display case that I sail I would put up http://imgur.com/cW0Ga,PDqau
the rows with five are the elements with legendaries. there is no way to have a even amount of spots for all the cherecters there is 37 so i decided just to put dark spyro with the 3ds portal at the bottom i have all the mesurements to if anyone would like to build one them self
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me