Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Kung Hei Fat Choi! Happy Chinese New Year/Year of the Dragon! ^_^
Page 1 of 1
Kung Hei Fat Choi! Happy Chinese New Year/Year of the Dragon! ^_^ [CLOSED]
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#1 Posted: 23:36:12 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
It's finally Chinese New Year and you know what that means? Yes, it's the Year of the Dragon and it officially starts today! smilie It comes every 12 years and there won't be another one 'til another 12 years so let's make the most of it! smilie The characteristics of the Year of the Dragon are: Charismatic, Self-Confident, Energetic and a Natural Leader. I'm not making this up, this is from a list about each animal or creature of the Chinese Zodiac that is with the bookmark I bought in Hong Kong last year in the summer. smilie Anyway, the celebration always lasts for 15 days. I'd say playing Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon is the best way of celebrating Chinese New Year. smilie
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#2 Posted: 23:42:22 23/01/2012
Oh look someone makes a topic on the right day! And they even throw in little bits of information!
Kudos to you, sir or madam!

15 days of celebration is too short for me to play Spyro 3. XD Might need to add "Enter the Dragonfly"... if I want to celebrate for months. FFFFFFFFF-

Anyways; Happy Chinese New Year! c:
#3 Posted: 00:08:11 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hyena
Oh look someone makes a topic on the right day! And they even throw in little bits of information!
Kudos to you, sir or madam!

15 days of celebration is too short for me to play Spyro 3. smilie Might need to add "Enter the Dragonfly"... if I want to celebrate for months. FFFFFFFFF-

Anyways; Happy Chinese New Year! c:

Thanks! smilie Actually, I'm female and I didn't use the internet to know all about this. I knew all this 'cause of my culture and heritage, despite living in a British country. It's weird that my Super Mario calendar mentions the date. I suppose Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly does sorta count 'cause it takes place after Spyro 3 but I'd rather play just Spyro 3. After 15 days is gone, the celebration has ended but it's still the Year of the Dragon. Next year is my animal year, the Year of the Snake.
---
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#4 Posted: 00:12:56 24/01/2012
That's cool! I like it when people are interested in/have knowledge of their heritage. :D
I had a friend from China. Which is why I was a bit touchy with all of this.

I was born on the year of the boar/pig. :3 My friend had a bunch of cute gold-painted charms for these years. I still have my monkey one. :D (She didn't have one for my year. I love my lil' monkey, though!)
#5 Posted: 00:44:02 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hyena
That's cool! I like it when people are interested in/have knowledge of their heritage. smilie
I had a friend from China. Which is why I was a bit touchy with all of this.

I was born on the year of the boar/pig. :3 My friend had a bunch of cute gold-painted charms for these years. I still have my monkey one. smilie (She didn't have one for my year. I love my lil' monkey, though!)

...Then again, the Chinese Zodiac can't always be right. It says that pigs are my enemies but I get along with my fourth antie and you just fine. I'm born in the Year of the Snake (which is ironically next year) while my younger sister is born in the Year of the Monkey. I've already been to Hong Kong and Beijing last year in the summer with my family.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me