Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I truly am honored. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#51 Posted: 19:11:26 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
It isn't harmful, but to those who find the most trivial things to gripe about. I'm sorry, but I pity those people in life. There are so many REAL problems in the world, yet I see people act stupid on the net for the way people may post on message boards, type in all caps, or for various other dumb reasons.

I'm glad others can see my true intentions when posting. I only have one thread here, that could be considered bragging, and it isn't even to brag. Displaying a collection for all to see isn't really bragging. It's showing fellow fans of this franchise what my collection looks like, and they are free to post their own.

This thread is for showing that Activision clearly can be a bit respectful to their customers, instead of mocking them. That, and the sheer fact my collection was mentioned, makes me feel like I didn't waste my money, and others enjoy looking at it.

I forgot about the container thread, but the other thread I posted in, was Vhrainas, before I ever started my own. That's where someone requested I start my own thread to keep updated, which I need to adjust a bit, here in a few.

The haters aren't getting to me. However, it's hard to have respect for a forum, when it's full of people who get mad over the stupidest ****.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#52 Posted: 19:14:10 24/01/2012
Quote: Sunny Castanets
If people have an issue with this thread, why don't they just not go in it instead of coming in here purely to pick at GameMaster? It's not like he makes a topic three times a day "bragging" about his collection and, as far as I've seen, any post he has made about his collection has been about a different subject (Activision's recognition, storage container suggestions for Skylanders, and so on).

I've only been at this forum a couple of months, but I love it here, with exception to the constant nitpicking that seems to go on. As I said in another thread, why not just leave people to post things? As long as they're not breaking the rules, it's not really all that harmful, right?

^ This.

Seriously, I've never seen this level of nitpicking on the internet in over 15 years online. People here have honorable, but completely unrealistic standards for what they like to see posted, and everyone feels it's their responsibility to police these forums for some reason. From where I'm sitting, it's all the nitpicking and topic derailing that looks like spam, and although I may be in the minority on this, that doesn't make it wrong. A repetitive topic is one thing, but six billion posts in nearly every topic telling the OP they shouldn't have posted is a waste of every single person on this forum's time, especially the ones posting them. Frankly, I'm sick of reading it, I know I'm not alone, and it makes the people doing it seem childish. If you're sick of topics by a particular poster, don't follow them around like a cloud of immature negativity; just don't click. Boom, problem solved, and you've saved everyone the time of sifting through your garbage in search of on-topic posts in the process.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#53 Posted: 19:33:16 24/01/2012
Yeah, I don't really see the big deal. GM's just proud of a designer recognizing him. He wasn't even trying to show off his work; just what it gave him.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#54 Posted: 19:33:23 24/01/2012
This board used to be clean of pointless duplicate topics before October you know...

People like me started to be pissed about how the new members are unable to read to posts on the first page to see if there's already a topic about it. It's the first time I'm on a forum where the members are not able to use their common sense to know when to do a new topic and when not.

Edit: I'm talking globally here, not about THIS topic
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:45 24/01/2012 by Reimu
#55 Posted: 19:44:33 24/01/2012
Globally, Reimu, you're right, but it's no one's responsibility to make sure a topic they don't like goes nowhere. That's flaming/spam, and that's also against the rules. One polite request is different than page after page of them, but people who will turn a topic into a mess like this are far more guilty than the OP of making the board uninhabitable. They're breaking more rules, as well. A polite reminder is one thing, but this is a persistent derailing of numerous topics on an extended basis, and it's unacceptable. I am tired of reading topic after topic about why there shouldn't be new topics. We've all had this same debate perhaps literally hundreds of times by this point, and it's become predictable and boring. Yes, not every topic is relevant, but many relevant topics that are similar but not identical to existing posts are shot down in exactly this way, because people use a lapse of judgment to lump the two together and believe they're right to do so, sending thread after thread into complete oblivion.

I guess, to simplify things, the best of intentions can become completely destructive if left unchecked, and I'd say that ship has sailed long ago.
Philip Blue Sparx Gems: 948
#56 Posted: 19:48:04 24/01/2012
I know I am out of place with the course the thread has taken, but I dont find it weird GameMaster, cause truly, it's the most amazing and breath taking collection of skylanders figures I have seen so far smilie

As for the other matter; I ve been watching the forum for several months now, and honestly there are some posters that are full of negativity! I dont get it. No one is perfect, and let's face it, Skylanders is supposed to be a childrens game, and kids get excited sometimes...

As for picking on GameMaster, I wont even comment it...
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#57 Posted: 19:49:19 24/01/2012
I understand your point. One polite comment is ok, but it's often 15 persons stating the same thing about the rules in the same topic.

I'm sorry if I'm rude sometimes but I'm tired to be lost in all these topics talking about the same thing. Sometimes I'm searching an info about a Silver Skylander and I lost almost 30 minutes to find in which on the topics bout Silver Skylanders it was... =/
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#58 Posted: 19:49:56 24/01/2012
Well, GM, despite how ppl're taking this, I got my Cynder and Whirlwind today from the amazon link you posted, and I am eternally grateful. When Dragon's Peak and the rest come out, I'll be looking to you. The ones I asked for from you, just give to someone else.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
#59 Posted: 19:50:08 24/01/2012
People pick on GameMaster for two reasons. Jealousy is definitely one of them, but he also fights back a bit much. Not every criticism is worthy of a response, and he should take some precautions not to feed the trolls quite so much. That, too, would go a long way in making sure topics like this can achieve their intended purpose.

Edit:

Quote: Reimu
I understand your point. One polite comment is ok, but it's often 15 persons stating the same thing about the rules in the same topic.

I'm sorry if I'm rude sometimes but I'm tired to be lost in all these topics talking about the same thing. Sometimes I'm searching an info about a Silver Skylander and I lost almost 30 minutes to find in which on the topics bout Silver Skylanders it was... =/

It really isn't you, Reimu. You're generally helpful, and actually link people to topics that might aid them in their search for information. You also don't drag things out forever, and for the most part, you're polite. Some people are good at pointing people in the right direction, and the majority are not. I truly believe you fit in the former category, and you're, if anything, given undue trouble for it by other posters. I'm mainly referring to the people who pile on in situations like this, and continuously interject and re-interject their opinions until they get a response. We can't let the boards go completely unchecked, you're absolutely right, but it's not the responsibility of every poster to get in on the action either. As with everything else, we just need balance.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:54:11 24/01/2012 by Tashiji
#60 Posted: 19:56:22 24/01/2012
Reimu I know what you are saying, but maybe DarkSpyro can help with this...since the multiple "I got this character" topics get so annoying, maybe there can be a sticky thread where people can brag about their findings...

P.S IMO people should be a little more "relaxed" about these things...
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smilie smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#61 Posted: 19:57:50 24/01/2012
There should be a lot more of sticky threads, but we can't do them on our own, Dark needs to do them =/
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#62 Posted: 20:01:14 24/01/2012
my god. everyone...

shut up smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#63 Posted: 20:01:17 24/01/2012
I know, he is the one that has to do this...

P.S BTW I was afraid that I would get flamed when I first registered here smilie lol
---
#64 Posted: 20:02:14 24/01/2012
Quote: LyraDragon
my god. everyone...

shut up smilie

We are talking politely, why are you so rude?

Quote: Philip
I know, he is the one that has to do this...

P.S BTW I was afraid that I would get flamed when I first registered here smilie lol

Well usually people are nice here, but since a few weeks, will all the new users, they are pissed about what I said earlier
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:25 24/01/2012 by Reimu
#65 Posted: 20:08:46 24/01/2012
look, imma say this once, this discussion is gone on long enough. this isnt even on topic anymore. its just arguing and arguing and more arguing on a thing that can be easly forgotten. please guys, stop it before something happends.. havent we bothered him enough now?
---
Team Drago
#66 Posted: 20:14:54 24/01/2012
look, imma say this once, this discussion is gone on long enough. this isnt even on topic anymore. its just arguing and arguing and more arguing on a thing that can be easly forgotten. please guys, stop it before something happends.. havent we bothered him enough now?

We aren't even picking on him you know, and now we are not arguing, we are talking
#67 Posted: 20:17:50 24/01/2012
Quote: Reimu

We aren't even picking on him you know, and now we are not arguing, we are talking

whatever you say.
---
Team Drago
#68 Posted: 21:39:53 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I'll be upfront, so this topic can stop being derailed.

If I ever chose to brag, which I used to in the past (arrogance) - and it got me slapped with divine retribution (yes I believe in God) - you would know it.

I used to seriously drill everyone about the fact I had everything, while they didn't. This is when I was a teenage punk, who knew no better. Needless to say, it was all stolen in 2001, while still living with my parents. They had stuff worth more than I did, yet, crooks only took my stuff. Ironic and not a coincidence. It was a higher power teaching me a lesson.

I've always stated, that if any person owns 1 Skylander, they have as good of a collection as anyone else. The reason why, is gamers normally flock to AAA titles, because their gamer-insecurity leads them to think they can't own a kid's game, because it may make them look "kiddy."

My intentions are always good ones.

NOW THEN! BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND! It really wan an honor to have someone inside Toys for Bob recognize a customer for their Skylanders collection. I would actually like to see more gaming companies take notice of their customers, because it's us customers that pay their bills, get them promoted, and help them to live the high life.

When I mad this thread, I made it because Activision normally mocks their customers, instead of thanks them. Bobby Kotick said this -

"In the last cycle of videogames you spent $50 on a game, played it and took it back to the shop for credit. Today, we’ll (charge) $100 for a guitar. You might add a microphone or drums; you might buy two or three expansions packs, different types of music. Over the life of your ownership you’ll probably buy around 25 additional song packs in digital downloads. So, what used to be a $50 sale is a $500 sale today."

I took offense to that. It's almost as if he's mocking customers, instead of showing appreciation. He is right in what he says, but it doesn't show appreciation.

So when Nat Loh said I was the "reigning Skylanders super-fan" I found it to be very respectful, because they could have very well said, "this guy is a loon. Thanks for paying my bills, homie. Money-money-money-money-moneyyyyyy. MONEY!"

I would love to see more companies show that kind of respect to the customer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:14 24/01/2012 by GameMaster78
#69 Posted: 21:41:40 24/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I never saw that movie. I never found Steve Carell to be funny, even as Maxwell Smart.

EDIT: I guess I should have put this in with my collection topic. I will close this if no one else posts.

I thought you wanted to close it anyway and post in your collection topic?
#70 Posted: 22:00:54 24/01/2012
he cant because people wont stop posting.
---
Team Drago
#71 Posted: 22:02:12 24/01/2012
he cant because people wont stop posting.

Thanks for posting 20 minutes after me, preventing him to close it if he wanted to.
#72 Posted: 22:02:52 24/01/2012
why shouldnt i? i mean everyone else does it. but ok, ill stop now.
---
Team Drago
MrWrecker Red Sparx Gems: 63
#73 Posted: 22:58:52 24/01/2012
I've got something to say read or ignore at your own discretion.

GM your collection IS awesome. If you have the means to obtain said collection I think you should go for it! I also think your mancave rocks, I respect anyone who is not afraid to bask in their own geekiness...such as myself.

Anyone who categorizes your mancave as a "40 year old virgin" type of collection should know that the movie finds hilarity in a stereotype...but as we all know stereotypes are not always the norm. I happen to be quite a "nerd" or "collector" or however you would like to categorize...but I am proud of it...and it didn't stop me from finding a georgeous wife whom I am proud to say has "come to the dark side". Long story short....quit hating on the man!

I started coming to this forum around the 1st of the year...and correct me if I am wrong but from what I have seen GameMaster has been the go to guy for Skylanders news. From the release date updates...to the Amazon/Walmart preorders...heck...even when it came to finding a good carrying case for all of our Skylanders...GM has been on his game!

So...if you can't appreciate what GM has to say or if he wants to share his collection...then just don't read...and I mean that in the most polite and respectful way possible. All I know is that I will continue to keep up with GM...and I appreciate all the updates! Keep at it!
---
Ours=[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie] [smiliesmilie]
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#74 Posted: 23:07:50 24/01/2012
I love his collection and he deserves to be honored for it! Congrats GameMaster! =) dont let other people bring you down.
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#75 Posted: 23:13:18 24/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
I love his collection and he deserves to be honored for it! Congrats GameMaster! =) dont let other people bring you down.

^
This.
SO.
MUCH!
#76 Posted: 00:39:04 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, guys. It means a lot. I am about to update my actual collection post, because I forgot to add some pics.

If people enjoy watching my collection grow, I enjoy hunting for them to make it grow. We all love Skylanders, that's why we are here.

However, this thread is about the fact a developer of the game we love, actually shouted out to one of their customers. It's that kind of respect, that makes me now respect Toys for Bob a lot. Not every corporation gives nods to their customers for buying into what they made. They usually just keep their mouth shut, which sometimes shows a lack of appreciation in my eyes.
---
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#77 Posted: 01:19:15 25/01/2012
I had Matt Bozon, the head of Wayforward post a comment on a deviantart picture I did. It was before Mighty Flip Champs came out, and I had the first piece of fanart of Mighty Flip Champs on deviantart. His comment said

"It's the first Mighty Flip Champs fan art ever!! One of the other WayForward guys found this and told me about it so I had to leave a comment. You're the 4th human to draw Alta, and the first one who wasn't on the dev team as far as I know. Nice!!"

That was one of the proudest moments of my drawing experiences. smilie
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
#78 Posted: 01:23:05 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
That's awesome, Dinohex. Wayforward makes excellent games.

I own most of their games -

- Contra 4
- Boy and his Blob
- Batman: Brave and the Bold (love this one)
- Aliens: Infestation
- Thor: God of Thunder (DS)

In other words, I am a sucker for 2D side-scrolling beat-em-ups.

I think I have more Wayforward games, just can't remember. I own 1300+ video games, lol, so it's easy to forget.
---
#79 Posted: 01:37:41 25/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511

^
This.
SO.
MUCH!

lol thanks Greenlantern smilie

and YES! GameMaster! Please keep collecting and I see your on other posts as well just PLEASE dont forget about us here! lol xD I'd lvoe to see your collection(and mancave) grow!! I cant wait cuz i get the feeling your gonna be one of the first people to post pics on Wave 4 and thats one of the best things, when wave 3 came out and you posted your pics(as well as other people! =) ) it was awesome!
---

#80 Posted: 18:50:46 25/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Hopefully wave 4 comes out in droves, and we can all post getting them at the same time.

They certainly have no excuse now. They have 2 1/2 months to get the next wave out. The holiday shopping season is over. There is simply no more excuses they can make.
---
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#81 Posted: 19:01:19 25/01/2012
I agree with Mr.Wrecker and several others. Way to go, Your collection rocks. And thank you for the updates as well!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#82 Posted: 20:13:51 25/01/2012
People have already shared my thoughts about how this didn't need a topic, and I agree. Though it was cool that someone tweeted about it.

Quote: Morgan Elf
Geeze - People why so hostile?

Opposing opinions?
#83 Posted: 20:21:52 25/01/2012
There's no valid reason why opposing opinions have to be hostile.
#84 Posted: 20:24:14 25/01/2012
Madel was the only one being hostile about it (and barely). Everyone else was simply saying "this didn't need another topic".

But that's just what I think.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:24:30 25/01/2012 by CAV
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#85 Posted: 20:27:02 25/01/2012
Quote: CAV
But that's just what I think.

What you think?.....thats another opinion!! Get him!!
#86 Posted: 21:49:25 25/01/2012
ok guys, back to the topic! lets stick to the rules.
---

SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#87 Posted: 09:18:52 26/01/2012
ok guys, back to the topic! lets stick to the rules.

They are on topic, because they're talking about the topic, DUH!
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#88 Posted: 17:29:30 26/01/2012
This post reminds me of elementary comments like "my dad can beat up your dad". We know about your collection. What more do u want? Anymor it appears u just buy everything u can to show off and get attention. Im beginning to think u dont enjoy the game as much as u do the attention. Part of the problem with these figures are people like you tgat spend thousands on characters and displays so scalpers hike the prives up bc u will pay them. Theres a point in collecting things but blowing unnecessary money bc u can or buying everyrhing that even has skylanders on it just to come here and say look at me,look how cool I am are two different things.Did u win the lottery and are just lonely with nothijg better to do? The collection is cool and respectable but all the posts about yourself gives away your intentions. Most people here tho will just hate bc they are jealous......I just dont see anyy good intentions and if u didnt mean for it to appear that way then ill go ahead and apologize nowbut thats what it looks like.
#89 Posted: 17:48:27 26/01/2012
^Your grammar needs work, but THIS.

I know you're proud of your collection, but at this point it just looks like you're showing off and just want attention.
#90 Posted: 17:50:05 26/01/2012
i belive we where done with this discussion..
---
Team Drago
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#91 Posted: 17:53:10 26/01/2012
Until the thread is locked this will continue....
#92 Posted: 17:57:24 26/01/2012
oh well..*gets the popcorn*
---
Team Drago
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me