Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I'm glad I bought warranty [CLOSED]
quanzy9224 Red Sparx Gems: 38
#1 Posted: 01:22:43 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
My Little 9 year old brother stepped on my portal, crushing it because he wanted to enter the game :-P
---
<smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smilie><smilie>
REALLY WANT: smiliesmiliesmilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#2 Posted: 01:24:20 23/01/2012
I lol'd irl.

Glad you got the warranty, though. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#3 Posted: 01:25:50 23/01/2012
Di...did he really? The portal is pretty heavy duty..you'd really have to step on it hard to damage it.

The games all come with 180 days warranty according to Activision's support site. You can order a new one from there, but you'll probably have to ship the broken one in to them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#4 Posted: 01:33:50 23/01/2012
I don't think warranties would cover this sort of thing (nor even should).

I hate to say it but my 4 year old daughter is wise enough to know the difference between fiction and reality so worry about a 9 yr old who thinks that they can enter the game?

If it were my kid, he would be paying for a new game out of his pocket money / XMas/Birthday money.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#5 Posted: 01:59:10 23/01/2012
Quote: chaosworrier

I hate to say it but my 4 year old daughter is wise enough to know the difference between fiction and reality so worry about a 9 yr old who thinks that they can enter the game?

If it were my kid, he would be paying for a new game out of his pocket money / XMas/Birthday money.

i was 9 years old sitting in my closet in the dark for like 2 hours because i thought it was a portal to the digital world(digimon) and i had my digivice with me too. even my friend and little brother did it with me once in a while, obviously nothing happened but its not a fact that "i/the kid needs to get help" its that i'they have a big imagination, which there is nothing wrong with that, trust me. lol

but i agree, i'd def. at least ground my child for doing it because those arent cheap, and i would never take my kids money but they'd def. be grounded and doing alot of house work lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#6 Posted: 01:59:15 23/01/2012
O.o I gotta admit, that's funny. Warranties are always good to have.
#7 Posted: 02:02:31 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
no, i bought warranty wif best buy, they'll replace it, I drove out to Indiana brought my game to show my 9 yr old brothers, (im 28, ya ik its a huge age difference) and well, Nick crushed my portal i'll post pics if i can, but i'm busy with classes
---
<smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smiliesmilie><smilie><smilie>
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#8 Posted: 02:10:19 23/01/2012
You should definitely post pics! If you want..
And did you see what the inside of the portal looked like?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:33 23/01/2012 by Brony
#9 Posted: 02:17:24 23/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes it looks kinda like a barcode scanner that changes color, it still works smilie
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#10 Posted: 04:06:31 23/01/2012
Activision asks that you print their prepaid shipping label and send the portal to them. Then if it is found to be broken, they will send a new one out to you. It takes about 2 weeks according to their website.

Due to the above, my wife and I agreed to live with our portal eating batteries as we could not handle the constant whining from our kids about when the portal is to arrive back from activision.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#11 Posted: 04:12:27 23/01/2012
Quote: terranakari

i was 9 years old sitting in my closet in the dark for like 2 hours because i thought it was a portal to the digital world(digimon) and i had my digivice with me too. even my friend and little brother did it with me once in a while, obviously nothing happened but its not a fact that "i/the kid needs to get help" its that i'they have a big imagination, which there is nothing wrong with that, trust me. lol

but i agree, i'd def. at least ground my child for doing it because those arent cheap, and i would never take my kids money but they'd def. be grounded and doing alot of house work lol

There's a difference between big imagination though...
I mean I had a big imagination and I imagined all sorts of things...but I never did anything that would damage or break something
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#12 Posted: 04:26:46 23/01/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Quote: terranakari

There's a difference between big imagination though...
I mean I had a big imagination and I imagined all sorts of things...but I never did anything that would damage or break something

thats true
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#13 Posted: 04:30:54 23/01/2012
Send in pictures if you can.
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 06:16:11 23/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Activision asks that you print their prepaid shipping label and send the portal to them. Then if it is found to be broken, they will send a new one out to you. It takes about 2 weeks according to their website.

Due to the above, my wife and I agreed to live with our portal eating batteries as we could not handle the constant whining from our kids about when the portal is to arrive back from activision.

To clarify, Monsinour's wife decided that she did not want Monsinour whining about it until it came back... smilie
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
#15 Posted: 06:31:28 23/01/2012

To clarify, Monsinour's wife decided that she did not want Monsinour whining about it until it came back... smilie

LOL, and even my wife LOLed.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Ridinggrl27 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#16 Posted: 00:32:16 29/01/2012
Quote: quanzy9224
My Little 9 year old brother stepped on my portal, crushing it because he wanted to enter the game :-P

0.0 smilie I lol'd so much after reading this! How in the world did he break it though?
---
Hanayo is the Rice Queen
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#17 Posted: 13:24:45 29/01/2012
Why don't you tell him that he isn't a Skylander.
---
Bring the Fanta
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#18 Posted: 12:55:25 30/01/2012
Portal eating batteries? Which console requires batteries for the portal?
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#19 Posted: 13:02:07 30/01/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
Portal eating batteries? Which console requires batteries for the portal?

Wii and 3DS, I think...
#20 Posted: 13:38:49 30/01/2012
PS3 as well.

For the record 3DS portal only needs batteries when used with the console; when used with a PC it powers via the USB cable.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#21 Posted: 13:42:35 30/01/2012
Seriously? Wow... just wow... I'm sorry, but your brother isn't very bright. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#22 Posted: 13:47:44 30/01/2012
PS3 as well.

For the record 3DS portal only needs batteries when used with the console; when used with a PC it powers via the USB cable.

Well yeah, but for general console playing...

I thought PS3 was... Wait no, thinking about it almost all PS3 controllers are wireless smilie
#23 Posted: 22:21:50 30/01/2012
XBox is the abherration as companies have to pay a license to use the wireless API when developing for it.

Then again, Activision do that for the Guitar/DJ Hero stuff?
---
Soylent Green is People!
#24 Posted: 23:27:17 30/01/2012
XBox is the abherration as companies have to pay a license to use the wireless API when developing for it.

Did you expect anything less from M$?
---
My kids own :
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#25 Posted: 23:36:51 30/01/2012
A two year old I could see doing this, but a NINE year old? That's disturbing.
#26 Posted: 01:46:58 31/01/2012

Did you expect anything less from M$?

Given the loss the first Xbox made, M$ originally promised to keep everything open to maximise 3rd party dev.

That said, they are greedy so, no, it does not surprise me in the least.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me