Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Duel Sequels? [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 22:03:23 22/01/2012 | Topic Creator
With all the talk of sequels for Skylanders in the air, i'd like to put my two cents in on what I think would be a very cool Skylanders game.

I'd love to see the game have dueling sequels, for example, like the Pokemon franchise always release two games (and then a third) where only certain elements of the game can be achieved and you need both games if you're a super fan and want to know everything.

Here's what i'm thinking could be a cool idea for the Skylanders franchise.

Skylanders: Core Destruction
and
Skylanders: Core Defense

Working titles people and since it's only an idea in my head it matters not!

Anyways, it would work like this, Skylanders Core Destruction would be the "darker" game. They would release Skylanders that are in a sense on the evil side (Like Dark Spyro...even though he's a skylander, in Spyro canon he's not a good dragon). The game would revolve around a storyline that was dark and evil. For example i'm thinking a prequel or sequel that has Kaos and Dark Skylanders fighting against the Skyland defenders (as the common enemies) and then against actual Good skylanders as the main bosses (or even the skyland giants or elders or whatever).

This even gives reason to have Kaos as a character since he was turned into a toy, now he could be used as an evil skylander, since he is obviously skilled in magic, and he can be one of the main toys that come with this version of the game. Glumshanks I would assume would also be part of the game and maybe also come with the starter pack.

The light version of the game would be basically the same storyline as the dark game, except you see the opposite side of the story. So instead of facing good characters, you would now face invading forces that are coming in to destroy and take over skylands. You would then meet in certain levels with an evil skylander and face off as the main challenge bad guys.

Not sure if I explained that correctly at all..but basically there's always two sides to every story, and now we'd get to see both sides of the story, the good AND bad sides and get skylanders of 8 elements and two types (dark and light)

Completing each game would then allow you to use BOTH types of skylanders in the game with possibility some extra levels (so that the Skylanders of "types" wouldnt be exclusive)

Sorry if this post was explained terribly...hopefully you understood. I think it's just a cool idea and wanted to share!
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#2 Posted: 22:18:03 22/01/2012
I can see this as well but the problem is that pokemon they are the same game with slight variations different pokemon or change in story line but it is the same areas except for black and white but they have past and future in the same spot. though the elementals as i have seen a thread for giants can be played in a major role in the next game they can fuse with both dark and light maybe restore the core of darkness? since you rebuild the core of light maybe hugo/flynn had another agenda for the core of light and is using it to destroy
"Darkness does not equal to evil, just as light does not always bring good' Goddess Nyx" ( House of night series by Pc cast) so the new cast and the old cast is helping to rebuild the other core (Sorry if this is confusing)
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 22:19:55 22/01/2012
There is a reason why I prohibit pokemon shiznicky in my house. More than half the parents will not purchase 2 $50 games for their kids to have 1 experience after spending all this $ on figures. That idea would bomb horribly.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 22:32:11 22/01/2012
It certainly sounds interesting but what makes Pokemon work is that their much cheaper compared to Skylanders (As they're DS games). I was looking at TRU today and a woman asked me about a "Dark Spyro" and I told her it was only available in the 3DS pack, to which she picked up and gaped at the $69.99 price tag.

I think your idea would much better being off as post-game content, or even having the ability to pick a side. Although the game basically states that as a Portal Master, you fight for the side of good.

Since we know Kaos crashed to Earth, a sequel would be good that could use him as an "expansion" pack. There's no reason they couldn't have a Kaos figure unlock something like a special level where you face him, or even a Boss Battle mode. (which this game needs) As for an actual character, I don't see him being on good terms with the Skylanders, even if he did return.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#5 Posted: 22:36:32 22/01/2012
Activision have done it before (two games - one good, one evil) but those were handhelds. I doubt that they'd release a console game, especially with Skylanders since it already has a money making scheme, that uses that feature. They wouldn't risk it.
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#6 Posted: 23:27:15 22/01/2012
I had an idea for a skylanders game too. I thought it would be cool to see a prequel to the first skylanders game. I was thinking it could show how Kaos was originally beat and banished to the outlands. If i remember corectly one of the scrolls had mentioned elder skylanders that were the powerfulest? Maybe they could be a few of the charactors
---
Praise Helix!!!
julio71599 Green Sparx Gems: 267
#7 Posted: 00:08:04 23/01/2012
I think for the dark part they should have a clip of Hugo having made a different core of light one that went terribly rong and the elder elements had to destroy it and they lost the blueprints to it and in the game u have to find the prints and rebuild it or like kaos wanted to be a skylander and eon wouldn't let him cuz eon sensed evil in him so to get revenge kaos created the core of darkness
---
I have all except l-spyro,l-bash, and l-chop chop from skylanders giants
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me