Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
skylanders acts of kindness [CLOSED]
essadis Green Sparx Gems: 335
#1 Posted: 03:17:13 17/01/2012 | Topic Creator
The other day my son and I were playing at the park and he had a few of his skylanders with him. One of the other kids noticed he had one he never saw before (legendary bash) the kid went to his mom and started whispering to her then they came over. The mom told me that her son noticed that my son was playing with a strange colored bash. I told them about the legendary pack and the other figures in it and his face lite up with excitement "mommy mommy can you get me them please" she then asked me where she could buy them. I felt so bad when i told her that as far as i know they are sold out and were limited edition. The kid looked so sad when he heard he couldn't get them anymore. I then thought that this isn't fare that lil kids like this (i think he was 5-6) couldn't get these toys. I know regular parents are not going to go and spend the money some ppl are charging For toys there kids are going to play with. So i told her that i would sell her my other set that i had still in the box (I only had this and a whirlwind still in the box) she asked how much would you want for them?. I told her i would sell them for $30 witch is what i basically paid for them (they were $24.99 when i bought them) she said yes and the gf and her waited for me to get them. when i brought them back her son was so happy he thanked me and opened them up and then him and my son had a skylander adventure together in the park.

I thought i would post something with a good vibe on here since lately posts on here have been pretty disappointing and filled with upset people with all the release date, scalpers, eBay/prices, and so on and so on lol.
Lets hear more stories of kindness with skylanders.
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#2 Posted: 03:22:12 17/01/2012
That is incredibly nice. It's people like you who make the Skylanders community worth being a part of.
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#3 Posted: 03:23:03 17/01/2012
That's really kind of you. smilie You have some good karma.

When I was waiting in line to get into TRU on Black Friday, I heard two ladies behind me talking about how one of them was getting their son Skylanders. I asked one of the employees walking by where the Skylanders would be in the store and shared that information with those two ladies.

Once I got in the store, I hurried over to the area, got my Starter Pack and even picked up the Wii Starter Pack the lady behind me had been talking about. I noticed that there were only two Legendary Packs left on the shelf, so I grabbed those two - one for me and one for the lady's son.

I waited for the lady to get there and then I passed her the two items I'd grabbed. I told her that she definitely wanted to get the Legendary Pack and since it was the only one left, she wouldn't want to pass it up. (Even the amounts of Starter Packs were looking slim.) She thanked me and then we went our own ways.

Looking at how expensive the Legendaries have become online and the fact that TRU no longer carries them, I'm glad I was able to help her son get them. smilie
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:23:38 17/01/2012 by Madel
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#4 Posted: 03:28:25 17/01/2012
I was at my friend's house playing Skylanders on Christmas morning. His little brother came in and saw my whirlwind that I had gotten in my stocking. He fell in love with it and asked if he could borrow it. I let him for a week and when I got back, that 3 year old had maxed her out with all powers and at level 10. I leaned down to get it and he started to cry.then he said "I'll miss you birdy..." later that day, I was at Target. I found the LAST whirlwind under the portal. I bought it, and went to my friends house. The kid was asleep and I put it under the tree. He later woke up, with a warm cup of cocoa. I saw his smiling, happy crying face on that fine, snowy day when he got his "birdy". He hugged my leg and said" thank you best buddy"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:01 17/01/2012 by greenlantern511
DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#5 Posted: 03:32:10 17/01/2012
It's really nice how people give there friend skylanders that they really want, especially at a time like this!
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#6 Posted: 03:38:56 17/01/2012
I was at Walmart and I saw Drill Sergeant. I got the last one. When I was at the checkout line I heard a kid saying to his mother how he really wanted Drill Sergeant. It was for my little cousin. His birthday was in a month. His mother went to check, but came back with nothing. The kid started crying. I felt really bad for him, so I gave him. His mother thanked me alot. The kid looked up at me and wiped his tears and smiled at me. I smiled back. I'm glad I gave it to him.
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
essadis Green Sparx Gems: 335
#7 Posted: 03:41:26 17/01/2012 | Topic Creator
see these forums have some good people in them lol.
---
have: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:11 17/01/2012 by essadis
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#8 Posted: 03:42:36 17/01/2012
Oh okay thx!
Brony Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#9 Posted: 03:45:57 17/01/2012
*applause* Need more people like you in the world.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#10 Posted: 17:30:53 28/01/2012
I had 20$ that i was saving for whirlwind and cynder. Me and my friend were at gamestop and he saw stump smash and he really wanted him, so he went to check out, and realized he didnt have enough money, so i bought him the stump smash.
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
HughyHugh Green Sparx Gems: 376
#11 Posted: 01:50:48 29/01/2012
Um... this sounds like nothing, but I got a legendary 3-pack for my friend right before Christmas, when they still had them.

BTW There were billions of L-3 Packs in my TRU during Black Friday
---
DO A BARREL ROLL
[smilie smilie] [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]smilie[smiliesmilie]
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#12 Posted: 02:02:11 29/01/2012
Skylanders Community > Original Community > TLoS Community...

JUST SAYIN'!

But in all seriousness, and as said before;

Quote: Brony
*applause* Need more people like you in the world.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#13 Posted: 02:22:18 29/01/2012
I will keep the kindness going I have a free whirlwind for anyone near east TN for pickup only. It is opened but has never been used. Comes with sticker, card and webcode just no.box. if you are interestedbpm me. I want this to go to a home of someone that has not had any luck. Not a scalper or a quadruple selfish collector. Again I am in east TN next to the Virginia border.Hopefully the giving will give me better karma for wave 4. Wave 3 was full of scalpers and selfish collectors. Wave 3 almost made me not want to buy anymore skylanders. Selfish people from gamestop employees all the way to members on this board. The whirlwind is free you will just have to meet me somewhere close
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#14 Posted: 02:52:58 30/01/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
I will keep the kindness going I have a free whirlwind for anyone near east TN for pickup only. It is opened but has never been used. Comes with sticker, card and webcode just no.box. if you are interestedbpm me. I want this to go to a home of someone that has not had any luck. Not a scalper or a quadruple selfish collector. Again I am in east TN next to the Virginia border.Hopefully the giving will give me better karma for wave 4. Wave 3 was full of scalpers and selfish collectors. Wave 3 almost made me not want to buy anymore skylanders. Selfish people from gamestop employees all the way to members on this board. The whirlwind is free you will just have to meet me somewhere close

Here is my crazy idea for today.

If the person who really needs this fig is not local to DrillSarge, I will chip on a buck or two to help pay shipping. If a few people did this, then DrillSarge could send it to someone in a different state and not be further out of pocket.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#15 Posted: 04:17:28 30/01/2012
I wouldnt mind shipping it as long as its not alot of money out of pocket. I never thoughy id see the day people turn down a free skylander. I guess nobody NEEDS ww but im sure several would take her. This is only available to those that need and really want her. Shes brand new out of a double trouble 3 pack. Ive already got her so I dont need this one.
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#16 Posted: 08:19:45 30/01/2012
I was going to give my extra Prism Break to a friend but she got one for her birthday.
I could do a trade but I'm probably not allowed to smilie
---
Why am I back
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#17 Posted: 08:23:30 30/01/2012
when my friend visited me i fully upgraded his euruptor* and his boomer.

*spelling
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#18 Posted: 08:28:33 30/01/2012
Eruptor is easy to upgrade just saying X3
---
Why am I back
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#19 Posted: 16:34:22 30/01/2012
Every few times I buy a skylander for my little cousin (who is the one in possession of the game). She totally went crazy when she received Cynder and Sonic Boom.

Then there's one time when I traded Hex for Chop Chop with a friend. We both got what we wanted.

I can be charitable, but also pretty damn cheap. :P
---
godzilla719 Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#20 Posted: 20:05:33 30/01/2012
That was really cool of you, scalpers and rip-off artist learn thing or two from you.
---
smiliesmilie Flashwing, Twilight Sparkle, Blink the Mole, Timmy Turner, Harley Quinn, Raven..... Tara Strong's a freaking boss smiliesmilie
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#21 Posted: 01:57:11 31/01/2012
Last year for my mothers b-day (april 24) me and my wife got her a wii. This year we bought her skylanders for it and im sending her my extra whirlwind, drill sargent, and stealth elf. Its kinda funny because im in canada and on day 1, I went out and got all the exclusives I could, drill, crypt, legendaries, but no whirlwind in canada. So i called my father in bloomington illinois and he got up and went to target to get me my original whirlwind smilie. But now I am sending them my one from the 3 pack, lol.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me