Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Activision Warranty Exchange [CLOSED]
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1 Posted: 18:35:57 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Many have posted about broken figures and how to fix them. For those of us who do not own a 3DS, we are left with sending them in to activision for exchange. Recently I needed to do this for a figure of mine so I thought I would detail the process and include my experience for those who are wondering whats going on.

My son was playing the game and accidentally stepped on Chop Chop. Needless to say, his arm with the sword came right off. I was not about to go purchase (if I could even find one) a new one just for a broken arm. So I contacted Activision support to see what could be done. I went to the website and went to support. Followed all the links to the skylander figures and choose Chop Chop. It didn't ask what was wrong with my figure, only asked what the model # of the figure was. I put it in and then followed the instructions on the form for my information. I submitted the request on 12/31/11. It wasnt until 1/4/12 before my RMA changed to something other than processing. It had a tracking # from UPS. Upon checking that tracking # with UPS, I saw that the # was generated but nothing more. It wasnt until that Friday that it actually left Activision. It was sent UPS ground from texas so I knew it was going to take a while. I just received the package today. Here is what the package looked like:

[User Posted Image]

As you can see this is clearly labeled as a Chop Chop on the outside of the packaging. Upon opening the package, this is what I saw on the inside:

[User Posted Image]

Not nearly enough packaging for something that could be considered fragile. I have seen worse and obviously I have seen better packing, but since the figure works, I dont mind. Inside all that packing was this:

[User Posted Image]

A new figure and a web code. I was suprised by the web code at first, then I realized that the old web code is tied to the broken figure and I would need a new web code if I wanted to update it on the web from console playing. All in all, 3 weeks for a replacement figure is not that long to wait. Being that this figure was only broken in appearance and worked fine in the game, I am not complaining at all. Being that Activision didnt even ask for the broken figure back, I am estatic as now my kids have 1 figure they wont fight over. Woo hoo!
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#2 Posted: 18:40:20 16/01/2012
the thing i don't understand with this is do you even need to send broken Skylanders to them as i assume you dont and if you dont surely thats pretty bad as people who don't even have skylanders could easily abuse the system?
---
I Have: 37/37
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 18:40:50 16/01/2012
Couldn't you have just super-glued the arm back on? A broken arm wouldn't make the figure unplayable, right?

Our dark spyro had a wing come off. I super-glued it back on and we're back in business.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#4 Posted: 18:43:27 16/01/2012
Quote: Skaterpunkdan
the thing i don't understand with this is do you even need to send broken Skylanders to them as i assume you dont and if you dont surely thats pretty bad as people who don't even have skylanders could easily abuse the system?

No lie.

"Hey, Activision, my Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant are all broken. How about some replacements, pretty please? Oh, and also my Legendary figures. They all broke.

And, DARN IT!!! My Empire of Ice adventurer's pack just broke. All four pieces. Just chalk it up to a bad day, I guess.

Thanks, Activision. You're the best!"

And if all you need is the model number, wasn't there a thread, possibly multiple threads, where someone said their figure was scratched so the model number was illegible? Sounds fishy to me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:31 16/01/2012 by Himewad
#5 Posted: 18:45:16 16/01/2012
Quote: Himewad

No lie.

"Hey, Activision, my Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sergeant are all broken. How about some replacements, pretty please? Oh, and also my Legendary figures. They all broke.

And, DARN IT!!! My Empire of Ice adventurer's pack just broke. All four pieces. Just chalk it up to a bad day, I guess.

Thanks, Activision. You're the best!"

lol oh well if that is the case they are possibly the dumbest company around smilie they want money and are happy to not be making enough figures but have them just laying around to give away to people who "broke" theres
---
#6 Posted: 18:49:23 16/01/2012
in the UK you don't even need the model number just state what element it is and then what character.
---
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 18:49:35 16/01/2012
someone claimed yesterday, they called activision and then they just send them another figurine, and they kept the broken one... if i only could find that post,,,,
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:01 16/01/2012 by kappapopm
#8 Posted: 18:58:55 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator

No you do not need to send them in. It never asked me what was wrong with mine and never told me that I had to send in the broken one. I was fully expecting to send in the broken figure and then getting a bill for the one they sent me. I would have been happy to pay that bill if I got it.

Quote: Himewad
Couldn't you have just super-glued the arm back on? A broken arm wouldn't make the figure unplayable, right?

Our dark spyro had a wing come off. I super-glued it back on and we're back in business.

This was before the stealth elf "accident" with her arm. Back then I didnt want to super glue it as I didnt think the glue would hold. I also wanted to test the system to see what would happen. Since this worked out so well, any other "broken" skylanders I have, I will gladly go through the process and wait the 3 weeks to get another one.

I agree that Activision is not going about this the right way. This system could easily be taken advantage of. I do not condone that in any way shape or form. As I said before, I was expecting to send the broken one back AS WELL AS receive a bill for the figure they sent me. I would have been more than happy to send it back and pay for it. Alas, I didnt have to do this.
---
My kids own :
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#9 Posted: 19:01:23 16/01/2012
I just went to the Activision warranty online page, and after you enter the model number, and choose the character, the very next page states that you will receive a prepaid package and you are expected to send in your broken figure along with proof of purchase. They must have had some issues with this, because it couldn't be more clear.
---
#10 Posted: 19:03:05 16/01/2012
himewad what character was that because only one that showed up for me was one of the legendarys
---
#11 Posted: 19:26:28 16/01/2012
It was legendary spyro.

You mean it has a different page come up for different figures? Strange.
---
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#12 Posted: 19:28:51 16/01/2012
Maybe it is working differently online than by phone?
#13 Posted: 19:31:44 16/01/2012
yes himewad it comes up for legendarys and some say you need to talk "portal master" to walk you through to see if they actually need replacing only one i have done is trigger happy and nothing came up about sending in anything actually it said the opposite something along the lines of "you don't need to send in your skylander" something like that
---
#14 Posted: 21:46:29 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
That is correct as far as my experience. I was not informed that I had to send it back nor was I told I needed proof of purchase. I kept my receipts just in case.
---
My kids own :
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#15 Posted: 21:58:37 16/01/2012
Activision reads this topic: ''Guys, I think we should stop sending figures for requests.''
---
smilie
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#16 Posted: 21:59:28 16/01/2012
Quote: Ibishou
Activision reads this topic: ''Guys, I think we should stop sending figures for requests.''

Scalpers read this topic: "Wow. A way to abuse the system for free."

:l
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
#17 Posted: 22:06:13 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Madel

Not quite. All I received is the figure and web code card in packaging that could not be confused with shelf packaging. Even the "loose" figure resales on ebay include the card and stickers. I did not get the card or the stickers.
---
My kids own :
chriscross99 Green Sparx Gems: 168
#18 Posted: 22:49:05 16/01/2012
I almost did this but then I said to myself:" This is like stealing and stealing is wrong."
---
My collection so far: [smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie][smilie]
I want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie camo sunburn warnado whamshell
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#19 Posted: 23:02:07 16/01/2012
Oops! It looks like I accidentally stepped on all my unreleased to the public figs! I guess I'll just get replacements!
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#20 Posted: 00:00:22 17/01/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Quote: Madel

Not quite. All I received is the figure and web code card in packaging that could not be confused with shelf packaging. Even the "loose" figure resales on ebay include the card and stickers. I did not get the card or the stickers.

^I got the card with mine... Not stickers tho, but I did get the card.

But I think we may have done it differently to you... We didn't use that fancy warranty website you keep talking about, we just straight up emailed them. Took 6 weeks to get it tho... But that was probably just new zealand post...
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 00:11:51 17/01/2012
I had just used the website to order a replacement Healing Elixer (Since it didn't register, i figured it was me, but then THAT one didn't register either...) and the same happened to me, except I got it in like a week and a half.

I don't remember seeing anything telling me to ship it back. In fact, it mentions that you don't have to ship anything. I would totally have sent it back; i was actually expecting them to send a paper and stuff for it.

Now taking a look, the Legendary ones seem to be the only ones mentioning sending anything back at all so....
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#22 Posted: 23:07:00 19/01/2012
you have also this option, so you can get your broken figurine working again.... if you dont want to send it in...

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=45690
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#23 Posted: 20:25:06 20/01/2012
I just want to point out that I looked and Activision doesn't have anything up about replacing Wave 3 Champions.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#24 Posted: 22:57:18 23/01/2012
Just thought I'd share my experience for UK players.

Same thing as OP, except we don't need the model number. Just choose your Skylander, put in your address, and away you go. I think it took less than a week to get my figurine.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#25 Posted: 19:07:05 03/04/2012
Great info here. Before discovering this thread, I submitted a warranty request for my Hex. I have allowed my daughter and her friend to play with the figures since they seemed rather durable. I had no problems except for Hex, who has a very thin and bendable arm. I guess they bent the arm too many times and it was partially broken off. I tried to crazy glue it, but in the process, it completely broke off and the glue didn't hold at all.

I also had my Cynder's tail tip break off within minutes of opening the package. Crazy glue worked perfectly there. I think Hex's arm was just too frayed for the glue to mate the parts perfectly. Crazy glue only works if the parts fit perfectly together.

I was considering trying hot glue, then someone on the forums mentioned Activision Customer Support. Thanks to Activision and the info on these forums, my daughter will no longer feel guilty for breaking an arm. I am happy to see that Activision just sends a replacement. Unfortunately, Hex is fully upgraded already, but the next time I play through the game, I'll just give her Auric's final reward.

Thanks again!
#26 Posted: 15:38:49 12/04/2012
I just want to post that I received my replacement Hex today. It took about a week before they shipped the figure, but it was shipped UPS express and arrived in two days! I was surprised they would use an expensive method to ship a replacement figure internationally.

Now to re-buy all her upgrades.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#27 Posted: 16:58:38 12/04/2012
This thread actually leaves me feeling Activision has done something right for a change. I mean, instead of already branding the claimer as being a cheat and a liar, they give the benefit of the doubt. A bold and applauded move.

FYI, though, they definitely keep tabs on how many figures and how often someone claims them as damaged.
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#28 Posted: 17:53:38 12/04/2012
Quote: Sequoia Spyro
Just thought I'd share my experience for UK players.

Same thing as OP, except we don't need the model number. Just choose your Skylander, put in your address, and away you go. I think it took less than a week to get my figurine.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Wow, very quick. Especialy for Activision.
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
#29 Posted: 18:43:25 12/04/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
This thread actually leaves me feeling Activision has done something right for a change. I mean, instead of already branding the claimer as being a cheat and a liar, they give the benefit of the doubt. A bold and applauded move.

FYI, though, they definitely keep tabs on how many figures and how often someone claims them as damaged.

you think so id disagree i remember seeing a post a while ago somewhere about someone getting almost a full set around 24 figures at the time this was months ago also they are sent from Germany so I'm pretty sure not much can be done anyway!
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#30 Posted: 19:06:55 12/04/2012
Made a claim on Ghost Roaster here, had a new one in under a week. Another testimonial that they really have their act together with replacements.
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#31 Posted: 19:24:24 12/04/2012
Wow, I haven't had a figure break (yet), other than the Sonic Boom that I bought with a dislodged wing (crazy glue, woot!). It's nice to see that Activisions replacement program is going strong and helping y'all out! Congrats!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#32 Posted: 19:56:18 12/04/2012
It is my experience that the warranty web site currently limits you to a single Skylander replacement without question. After that, you must call them for warranty claims.
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#33 Posted: 20:06:00 12/04/2012
Did anyone here get a free skylander with claiming that there figure was broke?
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#34 Posted: 03:21:50 13/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: prextail202

i am sure there is more than one poster on the board who used this service to get "free" skylanders.
---
My kids own :
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#35 Posted: 04:43:04 13/04/2012
Quote: Monsinour
Quote: prextail202

i am sure there is more than one poster on the board who used this service to get "free" skylanders.

Well, when submitting a fake warranty claim is the best and, in some cases, only way to actually obtain some of these characters, who could blame them?
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#36 Posted: 05:19:33 13/04/2012
I did the same with my Spyro as a little demon (my puppy) tore it to shreds. I didnt inout its number. It asked which one broke i clicked spyro. And i gor one a week later with a web code.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
zook it up Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#37 Posted: 11:21:42 13/04/2012
i ordered my hex a few days ago i hope it comes soon
---
Green Bean Machine
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me