Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Skylanders: The Next Generation
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: The Next Generation [CLOSED]
Spyrogirl15 Blue Sparx Gems: 794
#1 Posted: 00:45:21 16/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, yeah, I know there's been alot of Skylanders fanfics but meh, I couldn't resist this since those fanfics inspired me to write a fic of my own.

Anyway, the story is called 'The Next Generation' because it icludes a whole bunch of new SKylanders (fan-made from my imagination of course) alongside all of the Skylanders known.

I'm going to try and keep this below PG but if I go a bit above that sorry.

Now, let's begin shall we?

Prologue

Kaos has fallen and since then Skylands has been returned to its former beauty.

Many new Skylanders have been joining the current Skylanders as apprentices for the next generation

But despite the returned peace, there will always be evil; of course not Kaos’ extent of evil, but evil none the less.

Our story begins at the new Core of Light, where two Skylanders sit atop a hillside…

A purple dragon by the name of Spyro stared at the sky deep in thought. Alongside him was another dragon named Cynder.

“Spyro you’re paranoid, there may be evil lurking in Skylands but not to Kaos’ extent.” Cynder stated at the dragon beside her.

“Besides, we aren’t alone now; we have many new Skylanders that we’re training as well.” An air dragon by the name of Whirlwind added as she landed before the two dragons.

“I know that. It’s just that in the past few years there’s been many main enemies. The Undead Dragon King and Kaos being the worst as of now.” Spyro sighed, “I just don’t think we’re safe… not yet.”

“C’mon! Give me an actual challenge already!” A young Barn Owl that had a metal helmet on taunted, her body was covered in brambles that didn’t seen to hurt her, twin blades were clutched in her sharp talons, slightly covered in what could only be blood as she faced off with her opponent.

‘Nightclaw: The Shadow Thief’, she was called by those who had seen her. The name sounded ridiculous so she preferred to be known and addressed by her real name; Sienna.

Her opponent was cloaked by the shadows but she could see some of its physical features.

It was a quadruped for one thing, giving her the advantage.

The creature leapt at her, ready to strike.

----
He yawned as he worked; the young rabbit had been working on a strange gadget of some sort.

He was quite strange for a rabbit, dressed in odd attire.

“Finally.” He groaned once done with it, “it’s finished at last.”

If one were to see it up close they’d see it was a carrot, but only the rabbit, Mathew, knew what it really was.

Jumping down into the hole where he had made his home Mathew slept, dreaming of what it’d be like to fight alongside the great Skylanders that had saved the world from Kaos’ darkness.

-----
A lone wolf treked through the deep snow that covered some landmasses of Skylands, not bothered by the cold.

If one were to see him from afar they’d see a normal wolf when up close, he wasn’t exactly what one could call normal.

His body was covered in fur, just like any other wolf, but two things stood out that were unnatural.

His right eye and leg were made of a strong metal, at night his eye would glow red with light; this wolf was semi-cybertronic.

K-9, he called himself, for he had long forgotten his real name. Of course, to him, it was a good thing.

-----
A graceful, light blue, phoenix flew alongside a darkly colored gryphon with a scar above his right eye.

The phoenix, Myst, had nursed her companion back to health once she found him unconscious.

The gryphon had lost his memory of his past life, not even his real name.

He had mentioned that he had just escaped the underworld and that he thought his name was Shadow.

The duo was currently on their way to find the Skylanders and join them to fight off all evil.
----
A young goose flew freely through the sky as she traveled

She had left her temporary home once some trolls came to it and messed it up.

Natasha, she was named, had decided to find the Skylanders, for over the years she had mastered the art of manipulating water, a special technique passed down through her family for generations.

These few were only the first of many more that would find themselves as apprentices of the Skylanders...and thrown into an adventure of which not all of them may not return.

Hope you enjoyed that, feedback is welcomedsmilie
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is hope. ~Ignitus TLoS: Dawn of The Dragon
Skylanders: the next generation- Chapter 12 is up
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:02:36 16/01/2012 by Spyrogirl15
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#2 Posted: 17:17:40 16/01/2012
Hmmm, quite interesting story you have here. I'd like to find out more, keep up your good work on this storysmilie
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
Equator Blue Sparx Gems: 515
#3 Posted: 20:27:34 16/01/2012
Interesting characters! Would love to hear more, and what they will get up to.
---
Flip a coin.
If you get heads, I am dead.
If you get tails, I am dead within a week.
#4 Posted: 00:34:49 17/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Glad you guys are enjoying thissmilie

Chapter 1

Skillfully dodging Sienna flew out of her attacker’s path before, like lightning, slashing it with a razor-sharp blade.

“So are you going to give me a challenge or not?” she questioned.

Her attacker came out of the shadows; a strange creature with the head and tail of a snake and the body of a canine.

Sienna froze in place at the sight of this creature, a creature created by dark magic.

One of these creatures had been the ‘pet’ of the evil sorcerer that had poisoned and killed her parents when she was still young, she feared these creatures and hated them with every part of her being.

A sinister cackle escaped the monster’s reptilian maw as it laughed at Sienna’s sudden fear.

The fear-stricken owl could not react as the creature swung its serpentine tail at her.

Sienna was thrown into a tree, a crack was audible as one of her wings broke.

Unable to fly Sienna was the victim of the creature’s attacks.

The attacks soon became too much for the now defenseless owl; Sienna passed out from pain and fatigue.

Camo wandered around Treetop Terrace casualy until something at the base of a tree caught his eye, something was on the ground.

Nearing the tree he saw the wounded body of Sienna as she lie unconscious.

Without hesitation Camo hoisted the young owl onto his back. He turned to leave but noticed twin blades lying not to far away.

Figuring they belonged to the strange owl he picked them up as well before making his way back to the Core of Light.

Sonic Boom noticed Camo’s return as she rested not to far away from the vine leading up to Treetop Terrace.

As the plant-dragon walked by she couldn’t help but notice the body on his back.

“Hey! Camo who is that you have on your back?” She asked in confusion.

“I don’t know myself.” Camo replied as he. “I just know that whoever she is, she needs help. Do you know where Whirlwind is?”

“Last time I saw her she had gone over to check on Spyro, he’s been deep in thought lately for some reason. She should still be there.”

Camo nodded to thank Sonic Boom before hastily making his way up the stairs to the Core.
----
Whirlwind was making her way back from Spyro and Cynder when she saw Camo coming towards her.

“Whirlwind, I found her in the Treetop Terrace at the base of a tree.” He said motioning to Sienna.

Already knowing what he was going to ask Whirlwind nodded.

She shot a rainbow streak at Sienna, knowing that it would heal her enough to where she would be ok.

Sienna opened her eyes slightly, some of her health regained.

Looking around She saw the tell-tale beam that came from the Core of Light.

“Where? Where am I?” she asked, still a bit dazed.

“The Core of Light.” Whirlwind replied.

At that Sienna’s eyes shot open and she sat up quickly, a big mistake on her part.

A cry of agony came from her as she moved her wing, the break in it causing pain.

Sucking in a breath the young owl laid down on Camo’s back again, not wanting to move any more.

“You said I’m at the Core, which means that you’re...a Skylander right?” She groaned.

“Yes. I’m Whirlwind and you’re lying on top of Camo, he found you.”

“I owe you my life then. My name is Sienna” The owl winced in pain before continuing, “I was attacked and beaten by a creature from my past and if it weren’t for you two, I probably would be dead.”
------
“At least I’m out of the snow.” K-9 sighed in relief as he continued onwards.

The cybertronic wolf stopped and looked around, his right eye scanning his surroundings carefully.

He heard a twig snap and turned around quickly.

“Show yourself!” He growled as he got in a fighting position.

“Ok, ok.” A voice came from the bushes, followed by a small rabbit.

“Who are you?” K-9 asked, “who were you sent by?!”

“Whoa, whoa, what are you talking about?” Mathew questioned, flailing his arms.

“You heard me you're..."

K-9 was cut off as Mathew spoke.

“You’re crazy buddy. I was sent by no one, I’m just passing through.”

Mathew then noticed K-9’s cyber features.

“Hmm, you’re an interesting wolf ya know?” he said. “It’s quite questionable where that leg and eye came from but I’m not going to pry into your past. The name’s Mathew.”

K-9 was silent, the rabbit, Mathew, seemed trustworthy, not to mention the only one who hadn’t run off in fear of him.

“I don’t know if it’s my real name but I’m K-9.”

“Strange name. What’cha doing out here alone?”

“To be honest, I don’t even know where I am.”

“Lost and confused eh? I know, why don’t you come with me? I’m going to the Core of Light to meet and join the Skylanders.”

Skylanders... he’d heard the word before, weren’t they the protectors of Skylands?

“I guess I’ll come with you. It’s better than wandering around aimlessly, plus I guess my abilities will be useful against evil.”

“That’s the spirit! C’mon, follow me, I know where to go.”
-----
“Ugh, I’ve been flying for hours and still no sign of it. How hard is it to miss a giant beam of light aiming for the sky?!” Natasha grumbled in annoyance.

She had no clue how long she’d been flying but it didn’t matter. The Core couldn’t be to far away, could it?

It was then that she caught a glimpse of something bright to her left.

“That might be it!” She said in excitement as she rotated to the left, making her way towards the light she had seen.
-----
“Myst, do you think we’ll find it?” Shadow asked. He and his companion had been flying since that morning.

“Positive.” Myst replied, “in fact, I don’t think we’re that far away, I can feel strong magic in the distance.”

Shadow nodded in reply to signal he had heard her. Myst had always amazed him; ever since he’d met her. The ability to feel magic was quite uncommon for most phoenixes.

Soon a bright beam came into veiw and ooking down they saw that thy had reached the Core.

The duo descended from flight, landing near some peculiar train tracks that seemed to lead into a mine.

“We made it Shadow, I can’t believe we made it!” Myst said in excitement.

“Yeah, we made it.” Shadow said, amazed by the beauty of the land around him.
-----
She had been right; the light she had seen was exactly what she’d been looking for.

The large landmass where the Core was located came into view.

Natasha looked around for a place to land where her arrival wouldn’t look awkward.

The young goose landed on the shoreline of the water before continuing to go up the spiraling stairs; the torches lighting up blue as she passed them.
-----
“Mathew we’ve been walking for hours, are you sure you know where you’re going?”

Mathew couldn’t admit it but no, he didn’t, at least not now.

The two had found themselves in a maze of caverns, for all they knew they could have been going in circles.

“You don’t know do you?” K-9 questioned the rabbit before him.

Mathew sighed, “Not really… I did but in this maze of caverns who knows which way we need to go.”

There was silence.

"Hey look, train tracks!" K-9 barked pointing ahead.

"Well what are we waiting for? Lets follow them.

The duo followed the tracks until they found themselves outside and looking at none other than the Core of Light

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. Now the real adventure beginssmilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:31 17/01/2012 by Spyrogirl15
#5 Posted: 21:16:12 17/01/2012
I feel bad for Sienna, though I still wonder what that creature was.

I wonder what'll happen now that everyone is at the Core.
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

dark spyro1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#6 Posted: 19:07:21 18/01/2012
this is goooooood BUT and there always a big BUT (thats what she said) can cynder and spyro be the cynder and spyro from the legend of spyro pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase
#7 Posted: 07:35:51 19/01/2012 | Topic Creator
@dark spyro1: I'm actually going to keep this purely Skylanders related, sorry. However, I might have Dark Spyro an alturnate form of Spyro like in TLoS.

Chapter 2

Sienna awoke to find herself in a building of some sort.

Sitting up she noticed that she had some bandages tightly wrapped around her broken wing.

“Probably to keep the bone in place.” She said getting to her feet.

She noticed that her twin blades were near her so she gasped them in her talons and skillfully fit them under the brambles she wore like a harness.

Noticing a large window she looked outside.

She looked around to see that she was still at the Core of Light like she was when she woke up on Camo’s back.
Hopping onto the sill of the window she carefully spread her wings and glided down to the ground below.

Landing she couldn’t believe how big the place was as she had only seen part of it a few hours ago.

She saw that a group of creatures had come to the Core while she was asleep and a few of the Skylanders had gone over to them. Curiosity overcame her and she approached the group.

“So you came here to join us?” Cynder questioned to confirm the new group’s statements.”

“That’s correct. From what I see, we have abilities and skills that we believe will be useful to protect Skylands.” Myst replied.

“Hey, what’s going on over here?” Sienna asked as she came over.

“Sienna, I take it you’re feeling a bit better?” Whirlwind questioned the young owl.

“Yeah, thanks to you. So what’s this all about?”

Spyro faced Sienna, “sometimes creatures come here to join us. Strangely, only those with abilities and skills come, not just random creatures.”

“Interesting, so you train them?”

“Yes, we train the next generation of Skylanders.”

“Count me in then. I want to help protect Skylands.”

“One thing at a time Sienna.”

“Now,” Spyro began, “what exactly are the skills that made you want to come here?”

Natasha was the first to speak. “For generations my kind has practiced the art of manipulating water. I am able to use water as a weapon in ways that would seem impossible. We are known as ‘Water Weavers’

“I am from a rare line of elemental phoenixes that can use magic.” Myst began, “I’m also a great healer so I can heal those who are wounded in battle.

Shadow spoke after the phoenix, though timidly, “I have control over the shadows but I would never use my control over them for evil; as it is darkness that transformed me into what you see before you.”

K-9 bravely spoke next. “I do not remember how I got my abilities, or how I became like this. I do know though that my abilities, in the wrong hands, could be used for evil. That is why I decided to come here, to assure that my abilities are used for good.”

Everyone looked at Mathew, “Eh?” he asked, snapping out of a daze. “Oh, I don’t really know how to explain but I’m skilled at making small contraptions that I can use to protect Skylands. I’m a genius so to speak.”

That’s debatable. Sienna thought before eyes focused on her.

“What about you Sienna?” Whirlwind asked.

Sienna quickly withdrew her twin blades and revealed them.

“I’ve used these to defeat those that threatened me and others, well accept the one that left me in the state I was in earlier. These brambles may look like they cause me pain when in fact it is those who dare to attack me that get hurt. I guess you can call me a rogue warrior.”

Spyro nodded. “Interesting abilities and skills all of you have. We would be glad to train you.”

A few hours past by, the new group had gotten to know each other as well as the Skylanders whom they were to train under.

“Where exactly do we sleep?” K-9 questioned as he and Mathew walked alongside Drobot, a dragon wearing strange mechanical armor.

“The temple now that it has been rebuilt.”

“Were do we train?” Shadow asked as he walked with Spyro and Cynder, not leaving Myst’s side as she walked next to him.

“You see the eight islands not to far away?” Spyro answered with a question of his own, “Each one is used for training Skyanders of a different element; Magic on one, Life on another, and so on.”

“So what is training like?” Sienna asked as she spoke with Sonic Boom and Camo.

“Well we pretty much help you hone your skills more.” Camo replied.

“It isn’t exactly easy though. It’ll take a lot of training before you’re ready to become a Skylander.” Sonic Boom added.

Sienna nodded to show that she understood.

Of course, this was only the beginning of what awaited her and the many others whom had become appentices.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter, dispite the fact there weren't many large events.

As for the temple mentioned, that idea came from the first cutscene of the game where Hugo is explaining what happened. Plus, where else woud the Skylanders sleep eh?smilie

With that all said, prepare for massive amounts of action and mystery in the next few chapters,, as well as some more interductions with more new Skylanderssmilie

Oh, and if anyone is wondering what elements these 5 fan Skylanders are:
Sienna- Life
Natasha- Water
K-9 and Mathew- Tech
Myst- Magic
Shadow- Undead
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:07:56 20/01/2012 by Spyrogirl15
#8 Posted: 17:17:16 20/01/2012
Quote:
With that all said, prepare for massive amounts of action and mystery in the next few chapters

Looking forward to that then smilie
---
Flip a coin.
#9 Posted: 09:30:50 22/01/2012
yay dark spyro for the win
#10 Posted: 18:01:31 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Woot, new chapter at lastsmilie

Chapter 3

Night had fallen in Skylands and whie most other Skyanders were asleep, Sienna was awake.

Though this was not because she was an owl, it was because of something else.

I thought I had lost that evil wizard years ago. Was he the one who sent that monster or was it someone else? One thing’s for sure, I can’t let this thought bother me. Not when I actually have the chance to become strong and avenge my parents and protect Skylands from evil.

A yawn escaped Sienna’s beak, she was tired from such a long day and, not wanting her question to get in the way of her sleep and training, pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

Light broke through Mathew’s eyes as the sun blared through the windows of the temple.

“Wake up.” Someone said.

“Five more minutes mommy.” Mathew replied drowsily as he rolled over to face away from the blazing sunlight.

Something or someone grabbed him by the scruff and lifted him off the ground.

“H-Hey! What the?!” He cried out in panic as he opened his eyes.

“For a genius you aren’t very good at keeping track of time.”

The rabbit looked up to see who was holding him. It was Sienna.

“Why are you here?”

“Does that matter? Go on, get moving; you have training don't you?"

At that the young barn owl put the unfortunate rabbit onto the ground and turned to leave, walking over to the window and taking flight.

“Females.” Mathew sighed heading towards a teleporter in the side of the room.

----
Sienna had landed on the island where the Life Skylanders were trained, not to far frm the four Skylanders awaiting her.

“I’m here.” She said, approaching the four Skylanders.

“Ah, Sienna. I see your wing has healed.” Camo said.

“Thanks to Myst’s healing skills it is. I’m able to fly and train now.”

“So are all of you going to train me?”

“No. Seeing as you are skilled with blades I will be your teacher.” A Skylander by the name of Stealth Elf replied, approaching the young owl.

“Ok. Um…” Sienna began, not knowing this Skylander’s name.

“Stelth Elf”

“Oh, ok Stealth Elf, I’m ready to be your apprentice.”

----
Meanwhile in a dark place that was located far beyond even the outlands stood a large, shadowed figure, a smaller creature that looked as if it were the same species cowered in fear of the one before it.

“You stupid idiot!” The creature growled at the smaller creature, “You were supposed to bring me it!”

“Master p-please, I…”

‘Master’ swatted the smaller one aside, throwing him into a rock; a loud crack was heard as the stone shattered from the sheer force of the body that collided with it.

“Do you really expect me to be merciful?! I have been looking for that staff for centuries and when I finally find it you leave it behind! It could be anywhere now!”

Again Master attacked the smaller creature, making it slide to the edge of a cliff.

“I have no use for you anymore but with the information you know I can’t let you just leave. You will face the fate of all who are useless to me.”

At that Master knocked the wounded creature over the edge of the cliff, and into the raging rapids far below.

“For years I have been searching for the staff that will be the key to my release! Unlike all of you I cannot leave without my powers back in my possession. So all you pathetic creatures, bring me that staff!”

----
“Rah!” Sienna screeched as she swung the blade in her left talon at Stealth Elf, only to have it blocked by her teacher’s own blade.

The force threw both of them back a few steps.

Wow this is more intense then I thought it would be... the young owl thought as she panted.

“You’re quite skilled with blades. However, in a forest you can attack from the shadows, in open sunlight where you cannot hide you can be easily spotted. You need to work more on your speed. Your skill with blades also needs more work; you keep using the same strategy.”

“Ok, I see. Speed and Strategy, got it.”

“Very good. Lets continue.”

----
“Darkness” Cynder began, “One of the most dangerous elements to control. I assume you know that?”

Shadow nodded at his mentor. Both of them had been manipulated by darkness, he figured that was why she was his teacher.

“Yes. I know the dangers.”

Cynder nodded in acceptance. “Have you used your attacks before?”

“Once. But after I did I was afraid of myself and never used them again.”

“Well, through training I can teach you to control them. Shall we begin?”

Shadow nodded, “yes, I’m ready.”

“Good, show me what you’ve got!”

I hope I don’t regret this Shadow thought quickly before he lashed out at Cynder, his claw cloaked in shadows.

Cynder countered his attack with a stream of dark purple electricity, creating a shockwave that threw Shadow back.

“You need to be less predictable with your attacks, some enemies will expect a direct attack and use some kind of defense.”

Shaddow nodded briefly, “Understood.”

Cynder leapt into a nearby shadow, vanishing from sight.

Shadow looked around frantically, trying to figure out where his mentor would reappear.

Unfortunately for the dark gryphon she reappeared right under him, knocking him into the air.

Shadow opened his wings and just hovered in place as Cynder took to the skies as well. The sparring match had become an aerial one.

Hours had gone by since the new Skylanders had begun training. It was sunset by the time they had finished for the day.

Myst walked past a proud unicorn resting under the shade of a tree.

She must be another apprentice. I guess I didn’t notice her yesterday.

Judging by the looks of the unicorn she appeared to be of the Earth element.

Normaly Myst would have gone over to greet her, but she was exhausted from her training.

The phoenix looked around for shadow, spotting him lying cat-like on a tree branch.

As she approached her friend she couldn’t help but smile as her fellow apprentices made friends of their own.

It was then, however, that she zoned out. Before her she saw them, the Skylanders, dropping one-by-one in a weakened state. A strange, blurred, shadow stood before them.

Myst snapped back into reality, shaking her head frantically.

What in the world was that?! She questioned herself in confusion.

“Hey, Myst, you ok?” A familiar voice asked from above.

Shadow was looking at her, eyes filled with concern and confusion.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Myst replied. She hated lying but she didn’t want to rouse panic and worry, not yet.

Hope you enjoyed that~smilie

Chpters from now on are going to focus on at least 3 of the apprentices for now so I don't go over the word limit. I've also decited to add a bit more comedy in here as well, I don't want the story to be to serious.

Lastly, if any of you are curious about who has who as a mentor:
Sienna- Mentioned in this chapter
Shadow- Mentioned in this chapter
Myst- Spyro
Natasha- Unsure (Debating who she'd have. Any ideas?)
Mathew and K-9- Unsure (Thinking Drobot for them both)
The mystery Earth Unicorn apprentice- Bash
Unrevealed air apprentice- Whirlwind
Unrevealed fire apprentice- (Debating between Flameslinger or Sunburn)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:24 27/01/2012 by Spyrogirl15
spyro assasin Ripto Gems: 71
#11 Posted: 01:44:54 28/01/2012
kaos landed in Africa lol
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#12 Posted: 03:23:54 28/01/2012
Why am I addicted to reading this?
#13 Posted: 05:47:46 28/01/2012
Quote: spyro assasin

What does that have to do with a fanfic? smilie

I'm quite interested in this fanfiction myself.

As for ideas...maybe Natasha should have Zap as her mentor. I dunno, it just seems like it'd be a good idea in my head.

A staff eh? Hmm... strange.
---

greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#14 Posted: 06:08:18 28/01/2012
Quote: Aura Dragon
Quote: spyro assasin

As for ideas...maybe Natasha should have Zap as her mentor. I dunno, it just seems like it'd be a good idea in my head.

Don't feed the troll.
#15 Posted: 20:28:46 30/01/2012
Quote: Spyrobaro
Quote: greenlantern511
Quote: Aura Dragon

Don't feed the troll.

He's not trolling.
spyro assasin is just........uhm...

posting in the wrong place. I know natasha is a water skylander, but none of the water skylanders actually have water attacks apart from gill grunt. Ice, electric, all of those. Perhaps warnado and zap/gill grunt?
---
Flip a coin.
#16 Posted: 17:51:06 05/02/2012 | Topic Creator
@Equator: Good point. Meh, I guess Zap could just teache some things about water (you know, since his special attack is a large wave)

Anyhow, I have a new chapter for you allsmilie

Chapter 4

Mathew could only stare at her, struck by love as he did.

The female Jackalope that sat not to far away was cute.

Noting the rabbit’s behavior from a distance, Natasha couldn’t help but smile.

“Silly boys.” She commented to herself.

“Hey, um…you’re the Water Weaver that has become an apprentice here, right?”

The goose looked up to see a unicorn. Judging by her appearance, she was of the earth element.

“Yeah. My name’s Natasha. Who are you?”

“Oh, sorry, I’m Terra. I’m an apprentice of…”

“The Earth element?”

“Yeah, guess that’s kind of evident judging by my appearance.”

"So, how long have you been here?"

"As an apprentice? I'd have to say a month."

"A month, wow that's quite awhile."

"Yeah, though it's hard for me to perfect my skills, I'm doing pretty well...I think."

The young, winged lizard stood perched on a branch above the one below, looking at her in interest.

“You can come down you know.” Sienna said bluntly, “I know you’re up there.”

Wow she’s good. I’m as quiet as a mouse and she heard me.

The bipedal lizard landed next to the young owl, folding his feathered wings as he did so.

“You must be the owl I heard about.” He said, trying to start a conversation.

“Yes. My name is Sienna.”

“Sienna…fitting name for you. I’m Cloud Runner, apprentice of air.”

“Your name is interesting. Let me guess, you can run along clouds or something?”

“Err…kind of. I’m still trying to prefect my skills of controlling the clouds and my aerial attacks. That’s why Whirlwind is my teacher; or is it mentor?”

“Hmm. I find that quite useful; my skills are, as you can probably tell, melee combat with these blades and physical charge attacks, these brambles hurting the enemy instead of me.”

"Yeah, I kinda figured that. You're the apprentice for the life element right?"

"Yeah. Other than my melee attacks I can do some things with nature. I've only done them once and that was out of my own anger. I haven't been able to do them since then.

“Spyro, you’re paranoid again aren’t you?” Cynder questioned bluntly.

“Not exactly, more like curious. Myst, the phoenix I have as my apprentice, there’s something strange about her.”

“And why do you think that?”

“Because she zoned out and had this blank look that changed to fear until the gryphon, Shadow I think his name was, said something.”

“Maybe she has a dark past like me and something reminded her about it?”

“It could be that but Myst, from what I’ve seen, is very focused. You think she could just be reminded like that?” Spyro asked in reply.

“Probably, I’m haunted by my past sometimes.”

Spyro was silent, maybe Cynder was right, maybe he was thinking too much about this.

“If there’s something Myst isn’t telling us it seems like Shadow doesn’t even know either. That’s odd as those two seem to have a strong friendship.”

“But remember Cynder,” Spyro began after his moment of silence, “not everything is what it seems”

K-9, laid quite a ways away from the two dragons, his enhanced hearing picking up their conversation; for once he thanked his unnatural abilities as the topic was quite interesting.

The wolf only smirked; the duo of dragons didn’t know that every word they said could be heard by him.

He wanted to ignore them and rest. However, when Spyro mentioned Myst hiding something he became curious.

As the dragons finished their topic he turned his head, the said Phoenix and her always loyal gryphon friend were not too far away from him.

He wasn’t exactly very social; no one had ever come near him before so he never needed to talk to anyone.

But this time he figured he should talk to them, Mathew was too busy gawking at a female jackalope apparently.

It was very amusing to watch the lovestruck rabbit he’d met on his way here so he decided to put befriending Myst and Shadow until the next day.

Maybe he could forget about his past here, he had a great future ahead of him.

Little did he know that his future, no, everyone’s future wasn’t going to be what it seemed.

Beware the calm...before the storm.

~~
Hope you enjoyed that chaptersmilie

Now that I've revealed the rest of the aprentices I have one or two more chapters before something unexpected happens so be ready for that. >:3

Oh, and Cloud Runner is supposed to be one of those extinct two-legged, feather winged reptiles.

And last but not least, since I was bored yesterday...
http://i1221.photobucket.com/a...tgeneration.png
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:02:48 05/02/2012 by Spyrogirl15
#17 Posted: 19:03:57 06/02/2012
Kinda confusing but good
#18 Posted: 20:15:04 15/03/2012 | Topic Creator
dark spyro1: Good, it's meant to be confusing. Things will become much more clear soon.

I appologize for the lack of chapters. School has been sucking up all my time to write. Plus, I had hit the cursed Writers Block.

However, spring break is comming up so I'll be able to write moresmilie

Anyhow, I managed to write another chapter.

Chapter 5

Night had fallen, the Skylanders were all asleep in the temple.

Well, all but one of them.

Myst was tossing and turning in her sleep muttering things to herself in fear.

She was seeing it again, she hated having psychic abilities, the visions always revealed horrible things.

As the Skylanders, both veterans and apprentices, faced off against mysterious creatures hidden by shadows a few of them began to drop, one by one onto the ground and struggle.

However, despite their struggle, they froze in place on the ground in defeat, only to rise with different appearances.

These Skylanders lunged at their allies, attacking them senselessly.

A sinister cackle echoed from the darkness, sending fear through Myst, even though this was a vision.

A stream of dark energy hit her, searing pain followed and caused a cry of agony to escape her beak…

“Myst! Myst wake up!” Someone called, snapping her out of her vision.”

She opened her brown eyes, only to meet Shadow’s bright red ones.

“Shadow? Shadow is something wrong?” Myst asked.

“You cried out in your sleep.” She heard Sonic Boom say, “You woke most of us up this morning. Needless to say, Shadow should be the one asking you your own question,”

“It was just a nightmare that’s all. Dunno why I had it.” Myst replied, she hated lying.

Cloud Runner had been one of the unfortunate Skylanders woken up by Myst’s cry, nevertheless he was focused, listening to Whirlwind’s teaching.

“Ok, shaping the clouds is not really hard once you get used to it. It takes awhile to master though.”

Cloud Runner nodded in understanding. “How do you create the tempest clouds you use?”

“That’s a bit advanced for you but I guess I could just teach how I create the cloud shape.”

“Alright then.”

“Clouds are pretty much made of water. To form them from nowhere is difficult, but to shape them to your advantage is easy.”

“When would I use that tacic?”

“Say you’re being chased in the air. You could shape the clouds to throw your opponent off course.”

“Ok, I get it.”

“Good, now, let me teach you how to do it.”

Natasha had no exact teacher to help her with the water element; none of them used actual water attacks.

Despite this, Zap decided to help her; he knew some things about water. Plus, Natasha was already quite skilled with her element to begin with.

“Ok, I know a few things about water, seeing as I can create a wave to surf on. So I’ll teach you that.” Zap said as he faced the goose before him.

“Ok then. I’ve never done something like that before and it seems like it’d be useful.”

“Alright um… I guess you just create a wall of water in front of you.” The young water dragon said in uncertainty, not knowing much about the Water Weaving skills of his current apprentice.

“Like this?” Natasha asked from behind a thin sheet of water.

“Yeah, although use more water I guess. Like this.”

Zap showed Natasha what he meant riding the wave he created.

“Oh, I get it!”

Copying her mentor’s example Natasha created a wave of her own. However, instead of riding it, she pushed it forward, letting it crash down on the beach.

“Huh, that’s an interesting way to attack, why didn’t I ever think of that?”

Natasha just smiled, happy she had learned a new technique and taught her own teacher in the meantime.

“You know much more then I thought Myst.” Spyro said to the phoenix before him.

“Thank you Spyro,” Myst replied, “but I am still learning.”

“There’s something about you Myst, something strange that I can’t figure out.”

Myst tilted her head, “what exactly are you trying to imply?” she asked.

“It’s just the fact that I’ve seen your behavior outside of practice. You act completely different.”

“It’s a natural thing. It comes with the fact that I can sense magic in a way, including dark magic. It’s nothing more than that.”

Dusk had fallen, causing the sky to change from a bright blue, to a gradient of color.

“Hi, I think you’re pretty.” Mathew said to the fire jackalope in front of him, causing K-9, who was standing not to far off, to roll his left eye in annoyance.

“Oh brother.” He muttered.

A sudden remembrance came to him, he was to befriend Myst and Shadow.

He spotted them, not to far off from the train tracks leading to the mines and began to make his way over.

Spotting the cyber canine approach them Shadow and Myst stood up.

“Um…h-hello there.” K-9 stammered, unsure what to say to the duo.

“Hello to you as well.” Myst said, “you are K-9 am I correct?”

K-9 recoiled in surprise. She had responded to him, and she knew his name.

“You…know my name?” he asked, still in shock.

“Myst is very observant. She knows every Skylander here by name and their personalities.” Shadow answered for his phoenix companion.

“So K-9, what brings you over here?” Myst asked.

“Er... I’m kind of anti-social for reasons that are probably obvious. But you seemed friendly and I figured talking to you wouldn’t hurt.”

“I see. So K-9, this has been bothering me since I saw you here,” Myst began, “what exactly happened to you?”

He recoiled at that, he didn’t want to remember his painful past. “I don’t like talking about it much.”

“I see. I have no memory, no past, I only remember using my element on something then fainting from fatigue.”

“And what abut you Myst?”

“Me? Well being a phoenix and having the gift of being reborn, I have had many pasts so they all blur together. I do, however, know many things about history.”

Meanwhile, in the cool, calm waters of the continent, Natasha floated lazily.

It was then, that something caught her eye, something glistened within the walls of the cliffs by the mine.

Curious, the young goose approached the place where she saw the glow and looked inside.

It was hard to see inside but conveniently, the crevice was big enough for her beak to fit in.

Doing just that, Natasha pried a gem from within the crevice, placing it on the ground to get a closer look.

It was diamond shaped and dark purple in color. Something black seemed to glimmer inside, as if sealed away.

“Strange thing; I better show it to the others.”

Myst was enjoying her and Shadow’s talk with K-9, the wolf was interesting to her.

“Hey Natasha, what’s that you got there?” Sienna’s voice came from a distance

Her question apparently got the attention of everyone as a small crowd seemed to form around the said goose.

Cloud Runner landed on the stone wall where Natasha had placed her discovery.

“Looks more like a shard rather than a gem.” He stated, looking at it.

“Where’d you find it Natasha?” Zap asked

“In a crevice near the mine entrance, I saw it while in the water. If you look at it closely, it looks like something is sealed within it.”

“Do you feel it Shadow?” Myst asked through telepathy to the Gryphon beside her.

Shadow nodded in reply, “The dark vibe? Yes, I feel it. Something about that shard…isn’t safe.”

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. Be prepared for the storm ahead >:3

For those who are confused: Myst has psychic abilities such as gllimses of past and future, and telepathy. As she stated, she can sense magic, including dark magic. Shadow can only sense darkness being of the shadows himself.
---
#19 Posted: 16:21:07 30/03/2012
Ugh, sorry for not reaading lately, I've been busy.

Anyhow, so far I enjoy it and sometimes, leaving stories slightly confusing builds suspence, to me that is.

Huh, wonder what's with Myst and Shadow
---

#20 Posted: 21:07:42 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
New chapter timesmilie

Chapter 6

The shard Natasha had found had made them all gather, it was a strange thing that was certain, and Myst couldn't help but be cautious of it.

K-9 noticed the blank look on the phoenix's face, "Um...are you alright?" He asked in confusion.

"Huh? Oh, that shard is just strange to me, I've never seen such a thing before."

He had a feeling Myst wasn't telling the truth but dismised the thought.

"What do you think is the black thing in the center?" Whirlwind, who had been one of the ones to join the small crowd, asked.

Mathew walked forward and looked down at the strange shard, "Looks like something is sealed inside it."

"Whatever it is, I don't think it's a good thing."

Everyone turned their attention to Shadow, it wasn't often they heard him speak a full sentence without being shy.

"What are you saying?" Spyro asked the shadow Gryphon before them all.

"Being a creature of darkness, I am in tune with it. That shard gives off a dark vibe, it should not be something to stare in awe at, but fear."

"Are you certain about that?"

"I feel the vibe too Spyro." Myst said, "You know I'm able to sense magic, both light and dark. I know what I'm saying when I say it isn't safe to keep that thing."

There was silence.

"You know Spyro, they may be right. What if that thing is a threat?" Cynder spoke up to break the looming silence.

The said Purple Dragon sighed, "good point. We will leave it in the mines where it won't be any trouble."

"Thank you for understanding, we asure you that nothing good will become of that."

He stood there, looking into the swirling vortex before him

“The Skylanders have what I’m looking for.” Master said, an evil smirk crossing his maw, “This just makes things much more interesting.”

Claws clicking on stone could be heard, interrupting his thoughts.

“Master Kr…”

Before the unfortunate creature could finish he was swatted aside by a large tail.

“Until you are one of my generals you do not address me by my name!”

The small creature nodded “s-sorry master but I bring you the staff you've been searching for.”

"Show me it."

At his master's request he revealed a glistening, silver object, something seemed to be missing from it.

"At last, the key to my freedom is in my possesion!"

"But master, don't you need the..."

"Of course I do you fool! But it doesn't mater, I have found it already, we just need to retreive it. I can be out of here long enough to do that."

At those words Master turned to face his army of shadow creatures.

“Come my followers, it is time to regain what belongs to us!"
------
All was quiet in the temple as they slept.

Streams of dark energy hit the Skylanders as they battled strange creatures cloaked in darkness.

One by one they fell, some of the writhing in agony and others what looked like in resistance.

A dark laugh was audible from all directions as they fought, the owner was obviously enjoying their misery...

Myst shot awake in panic and fear, something was coming and she didn’t like it.

She noticed Shadow was not next to her, he must have felt it too.

The window was open; he must have gone through it.

Flying out the window as well she found him on the roof, alert to something.

“You felt the darkness didn’t you Myst?” He asked as his companion approached.

“Yes, I have a feeling soon we won’t be the only ones awake at this hour.”

As he slept he picked up a roar in the distance

K-9 woke up, fearing the roar he went over to Mathew.

“Mathew wake up.” He said.

“Oh yes I’d love to hang out with you...The rabbit muttered in his sleep.

“Wake up Mathew!” K-9 growled forcefully.

“What was that for K-9! I was having a good dream!”

Before the cyber wolf could respond the roar he heard came again, much louder this time.

The roar wasn’t the only thing he heard though. A melodic, cry of warning followed by a screech came afterwards.

Those cries, they came from the only two Skylanders that would be awake at this hour, Myst and Shadow.

The cries echoed through the temple, Spyro and Cynder awoke quickly, several others could be heard waking up from rooms nearby.

“What in the world was that?”

“How should I know?”

“You heard it too?”

“It was Myst and Shadow's cries!" K-9 barked to the confused Skylanders, "Something’s coming, and it’s headed towards us!”

It wasn’t long before every Skylander and apprentice had made it outside to see dark creatures appear on the island.

“Come on Skylanders, let’s teach these guys a lesson!” Spyro roared before charging forward, leading into battle.

Little did they know, the battle wouldn't be that easy.

Hope you enjoyed that chaptersmilie

Prepare for a plot twist >:3
---
StealthElfWins Green Sparx Gems: 142
#21 Posted: 04:25:00 07/04/2012
Awesome story! smilie
---
My pet dragon says 'Rawr'. In dragonspeak, that could mean either 'Hello' or 'I flame you now'.
#22 Posted: 19:47:45 07/04/2012
I agree, this is getting quite interesting. Wonder what those dark creatures are and what Myst's dream was about.
---

#23 Posted: 21:14:56 07/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm on a roll guys, new chapter aleadysmilie

Chapter 7

It didn't take long for the battle to start, in only a few minutes attacks began flying across the battlefeild, explosions shaking the earth.

A wave of dark energy came at Natasha, causing the young goose to dodge.

The battle would be in her favor, ther opponent was, after all, fighting her near the water.

With a single flap of her left wing a stream or wather wrapped around one the legs of the creature before her.

With a devious smirk, and another flick of her wing, the creature was pulled into the water, doomed to a watery death.

Not to far off, right near the stairs to the beach, Sienna and Cloud Runer were back-to-back.

"Please tell me you have a plan." The owl said to the winged lizard behind her.

"Um...not really. I was thinking we'd improvise."

A sphere of dark energy flew at them, causing the duo to duck.

"Well then, now would be a good time for you to do that!"

"Fine. You get the ones on your side, I'll get the ones on mine."

"Fair enough."

At that the two went after their selected targets, causing some of them to scatter from the sudden asult.

Sienna wasted no time drawing her twin blades for battle, skillfully dodging attacks with great agility and slicing through any enemy in her way.

As Spyro blasted away three of the shadow creatures he took a quick look around. The battle was in their favor, their opponents were as smart as bricks apparently.

A fork of lightning flew past him, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Better watch your back Spyro." Cynder said playfully before dissapearing into the shadows.

A cry was heard as K-9 fell, held down by his attacker and paralyzed by what looked like fear.

Spyro charged at K-9's opponent, throwing it into the air. "You ok?" He aded as the creature crashed intoanother of it's kind before them.

"I am now. Thanks."

"Ngh, this is crazy. Each time we knock one down two more take it's place." Shadow growled in annoyance as he and Myst faced off against the creatures around them.

"Myst, Shadow, get into the air now!" Terra called as she reared onto her hind legs.

Wasting no time the two said Skylanders got airborn, watching as their opponents fell through a fisure in the ground.

-----
Deep within the mines he moved, looking for what he needed.

Sounds of battle echoed from above, peices of rock fell from the walls from the ground being hit, earthquakes making him loose his balance.

Despite these events Master smirked. "Foolish Skylanders, are they really expecting to win?"

A small glint caught his eye, causing him to move towards it.

There it was, the shard he'd been looking for.

As he placed it into an empty part of the staff clenched within his tail, power serged through him, Master let out a sinister cackle, his powers had been restored.

"I say it's time to change the tide of battle." He stated as a malicious smile crossed his maw.

-----
Sonic Boom looked around the battlefeild, they were winning the battle.

Over half of the dark creatures lie on the ground while every Skylander stood tall, despite any wounds.

"They're holding back!" Sunburn yelled.

It was true, the creatures had stopped attacking them. Could they have given up?

But, there was no chance to celebrate a victory, for an evil, bone-chilling cackle echoed through the island, causing them to become alert and look around.

However, there was no one to be seen, had they been hearing things?

It was then that a stream of dark energy struck Cynder, causing her to cry out in agony before collapsing on the ground, writhing in pain before going limp.

She wasn’t the only one to fall, more streams of dark energy came from the shadows, striking more of the Skylanders down.

Spyro fell, but unlike Cynder he seemed to be... resisting something?

A stream of energy headed towards Myst who barely moved out of the way.

She couldn’t sense where the energy was coming from; dark magic could be felt all around the area.

Whirlwind was about to fall victim to the energy, only to be protected by Zap who took the hit in her place.

His attempt was in vain, a second stream of energy struck the air dragoness seconds after.

As Sienna defeated two of the shadow creatures that had started to attack again, she couldn’t help but realize that Skylanders of darkness fell easily with no resistance while those with strong wills were a bit hard to effect.

"Sienna look out!"

Sienna snapped out of her thoughts as a stream of energy came at her.

Ready to feel the pain that would try and break her she closed her eyes.

But the pain didn’t come, Myst had blocked the stream of darkness with magic, two forces that were opposite of each other.

The stream faded away as the magic dissipated it, allowing the two aprentices to be vulnerable again.

"You ok?" Myst questioned.

"I’m fine, but if we stay still we won’t be."

By now most of the Skylanders had fallen, consciousness taken by the dark energy, others weak on the groud from fatigue or injury.

"Alright, whoever you are, show yourself and fight!" K-9 barked in anger as he struggled to stand, his wounds from shadow creatures that had attacked him taking their toll.

A snake-like creature exited the shadows, a cloak hiding its features.

"As much as I’d love to stay I have a few other places to conquer Skylander. Or should I say... apprentice?"

"We won’t let you!" Sienna screeched, charging at the mysterious creature before her.

A smirk crossed Master's reptilian maw.

"Attack her!"

At the command of her target something tackled Sienna out of the air and onto the ground.

Sienna looked at her attacker only to gasp in horror.

Spyro stood before her, but he looked different then normal.

His scales where a darker shade of purple and his horns, claws, and wing membrane were grey; his eyes glowed red with the look to destroy all in his path.

"I-impossible..." the young owl said gasping for air as Spyro pinned her down.

"Enough Dark Spyro."

Without hesitation Spyro, or Dark Spyro as he was now called, released Sienna; leaving her panting for air.

The others could do nothing but look on in fear as some of the brave heroes that they had fought alongside in battle awoke, appearances darkened and, like Dark Spyro, red eyes longing for destruction.

Myst knew what had happened to them, she had seen it happen years ago because of the endless rebirth cycle of a phoenix.

The Skylanders before them... were corrupted by dark magic.

---
Dun dun dunnnn~

You'll have to wait until the next chapter to see what become's of this >:3

And yes I did just make Dark Spyro a corrupted form of Spyro like in TLoS, couldn't resist it I guess.
---
#24 Posted: 04:05:35 11/04/2012
Dark magic, definately not a good thing.

I do like how you made D. Spyro the corrupt form of Spyro like in TLoS, very creative of yousmilie
---

dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#25 Posted: 12:41:40 11/04/2012
cool.
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
#26 Posted: 07:02:02 15/04/2012 | Topic Creator
New chaptersmilie

Chapter 8

The others could do nothing but look on in fear as some of the brave heroes that they had fought alongside in battle awoke, appearances darkened and, like Dark Spyro, red eyes longing for destruction.

Myst knew what had happened to them, she had seen it happen years ago because of the endless rebirth cycle of a phoenix.

The Skylanders before them... were corrupted by dark magic.

Master let out a sinister laugh, as if mocking the weakened Skylanders as they looked on in fear and disbeleif.

"So this is how it ends Skylanders and apprentices." He said spitefully, "My objective is done here so I take my leave."

"You will not escape!" Shadow screeched, leaping at him.

However, the Gryphon's attempt was in vain as he colided with the ground. Master and his army had fled by teleportation.

Shadow lifted his head from the ground and spoke, "No...he...got away."

With those words, Shadow fell into unconciousness.

It had been some time since the recent battle, the SKylanders who were lucky enough to not be corrupted by dark magic lie awake, but wounded and fatigued.

"I don't understand, why would they all just turn on us like that?" Sunburn questioned, wincing as a tear from Myst's eye hit his leg and closed up a wound.

"Myst, you know anything? I mean you're a phoenix, don't you have an endless life?" Camo questioned.

"I do actually. What caused everyone to turn on us and attack is an old force of magic known as Dark Magic; a force so powerful that it can corrupt even those with the purest of souls and the strongest wills. Those of the darkness easily can fall victim to it, hence why the only one with the Undead Element is Shadow. To be honest, I have not seen dark magic used for five centuries now, I figured that the art of it had been lost. Apparently I was wrong."

"Is there any way to reverse the magic?" Terra asked from her place on the ground of the temple.

"According to legend there is. A relic located in a place called the Lake of Purity."

"Well then once we recover we should go there." Natasha stated at the phoenix's reply.

"I don't think it will be that easy Natasha." K-9 countered bluntly.

"She's right. The place is a myth, no one has ever seen it before let alone retreived the relic within it."

"Great, just great..." Mathew muttered.

Sienna, meanwhile, was lost in her thoughts.

She remembered when she had tried to attack Master, she had seen his face before Dark Spyro tackled her to the ground.

He seemed familiar to her, but how? She'd never seen him before in her life, could she maybe have heard of him?

"Hello? Sienna, snap out of it."

The young owl came back to reality at those words, ending up face-to-face with Cloud Runner.

"You ok?"

"I'm fine. Just thinking about everything that happened today. Don't worry about me."

"So... how many of us remain?" Sonic boom asked, to exhausted to lift her head and count.

"With us apprentices there would have been thirty-nine Skylanders. We have twenty left, that's half of us." Mathew stated without needing to count.

"Nerd." Sienna muttered to herself.

There was silence

"So what now?" Asked Drobot who broke the silence.

"What else? we go find the relic within the Lake of Purity." Natasha said, "Right?"

Shadow nodded, "It's the only possible thing we can do at this point."

"Wait a second...you're saying we just go off in some random direction in search for something that may not even exist?" Mathew asked.

"Do you have any better ideas?" Natasha countered

Mathew didn't reply, not having anything to say back.

"I agree with Mathew" K-9 said, "we don't have any leads so we would be wandering around blind. "

"Good point..."

THere was silence once again.

"Going out blind will indeed get us nowhere." Myst began, "Therefor I suggest we should find out as much as we can about this place first."

"Myst, that evil guy said he had other places to conquer right? What should we do if we see him or any of his army?"

"Excelent question Warnado. I assume he will send out his other underlings and one or two dark Skylanders to each place he plans to attack. saw some of his underlings, a few of them are creatures that can posses someone and corrupt them, but probably not as powerful as dark magic, if that should happen fight it with all you've got."

"So you're saying if we need to fight we should?"

"Yes. But don't be afraid to retreat from a battle if you cannot win."

"It's settled then." Sienna said, "Tomorrow we start our search."

Shadow gave a nod, "But first, we should rest, once our wounds heal, we can begin. The fate of Skylands is up to us all."

Hope you enjoyed that chapter (despite the fact there was too much talking). More to come soon since I sudenly got the erge to work on this.smilie
---
#27 Posted: 17:31:43 28/04/2012
How come I never saw this chapter?!

The Lake of Purity...sounds like an interesting place!

I'm curious though, why was Master familiar to Sienna...ah well, I guess that'll be revealed later smilie
---

#28 Posted: 17:03:30 17/05/2012 | Topic Creator
So sorry for the late update, writer's block kicked in and I couldn't think of anything smilie

Anyway here's a new chapter

Chapter 9

Almost a week had passed since their plan was thought up, despite this, only little information had been discovered.

“Alright, we’vve been looking in this place for FIVE days and have only discovered four scrolls containing barely anything about this place.” Mathew said in annoyance.

“I thought you were a genius, shouldn’t you enjoy reading?” Sienna taunted the rabbit on the ground before her.

“A technical genius, not a bookworm genius Sienna.”

“Hey, I think I might have found something!” Cloudrunner called from deeper in the library.

At his words everyone there headed in the direction his voice had come from.

Before him was a strange door with strange runes engraved into it.

“What does it say? I can’t understand one word of it.” Flameslinger said.

“That’s because you have a blindfold on you idiot” Sienna commented from her perch upon a bookshelf nearby.

“I can’t understand a word of it either.” Camo countered, “Myst, you’ve lived a long time, do you think you can read it?”

“I can try” The said phoenix replied as she approached the strange door and went silent.

“Well, what does it say?”

“Give me a moment”

There was silence.

“Ok, all we need to do is hit this thing with one of each element. It will open once we do.”

“Well that’s an easy way to unlock a door”

“Yes, but one has to be able to read the runes on it to know that K-9”

“Makes sense”

“So are we going to do this?” Natasha asked as she stood before the door.”

“Yes. Luckily Shadow survived that assault or else we’d be doomed.”

“Don’t jinx it Mathew”

“Sorry”

A Skylander of each element stood before the door, attacks ready.

“Three…two…one…NOW!” Myst cried.

At the end of the phoenix’s countdown every element hit the door, and blinded all those in the room with light.

When the light faded, and the group could see again, they were welcomed to an archway, the door once in front of it now out of the way.

"It worked, I can't beleive it actually worked!" Shadow said in joy as he looked before him.

"Well," Sonic Boom began, "what are we waiting for? Lets head inside, this place might hold the key to helping us."

In agreement, the group followed the gryphon leading them, and into the newly discovered room.

Whatever secrets this place held, they could only hope that those secrets would be useful.

-----
Hope you enjoyed it even though it's a bit of a filler chapter.

Luckily, there's only one or two of these filler's left before things pick up again and we get more plot movementsmilie

Also, for the record, if any of my fan skylanders sound like they are insulting real ones, it's because it's needed for the current situation. I have no offence against any Skylanders at all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:04:11 17/05/2012 by Spyrogirl15
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#29 Posted: 13:39:00 19/05/2012
Awsome story! Mind if i suggest these to be added?

Name: Silvia
Element: Tech
Moves: Tech Claw,Sonic Howl,Silver smash
Description: http://www.iaza.com/work/120512C/iaza13499160906000.gif
How they got with the Skylanders: Was found injured in War.

Name: Lunarii
Element: Magic
Moves: Nine tailed spell
Paralize a enemy
Razor fashonry
Throws a razor sharp wizards hat
Staff of pain:
Wack enemies with your staff
Description: A Fox who was once a Portal master,From a spell. http://www.iaza.com/work/120512C/iaza13499197875300.jpg
How they got with the skylanders: Was no longer to control a portal of power,But was able to control the element magic.
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#30 Posted: 06:53:07 20/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm sorry but I'm not accepting fan Skylanders for this story, I already have plans for future chapters.

As for the next chapter, It's taking awhile to write it, I have a slight writer's block at the moment :/
---
MaleforSxC Blue Sparx Gems: 649
#31 Posted: 16:51:47 23/05/2012
I was going to submit one!
---
Story Status - The Plan of thanatos - Chapter 19 is up --
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#32 Posted: 21:53:03 05/06/2012
Great Fanfic, this has inspired me to write my own!
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#33 Posted: 05:27:52 14/06/2012 | Topic Creator
I am very sorry for neglecting this fanfic but fear not, I have chapters to post, just not yet as I want to make them very good.

And I am glad you were inspired by this story Bean Sprout smilie
---
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#34 Posted: 16:38:48 14/06/2012
I look forward to the next chapters! I would rather have a chapter that has been perfected but took longer to post than a quickly posted chapter that isn't great.
(By the way, i'm still creating the basic storyline for my fanfic smilie )
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#35 Posted: 08:02:10 16/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you for your comment, I meself think the same smilie

I wish you luck on your storysmilie

Finally got the next chapter done, hope it is worth the long wait.

Chapter 10

Books and scrolls filled the shelves towering above the group as they entered the newly opened room.

"Who would have guessed that this place has been hidden for all these years." Natasha said in awe as she looked around, "just imagine how much history and myths lies within these books and scrolls."

"I'm not one to read but I agree with you. This place is astonishing" Cloud Runner replied.

Shadow looked around before speaking, "We should split up,we can cover every inch of this place if we do."

"Agreed. The sooner we find out what we need the better."

They had no clue as to how much time had past since they'd started to explore the hidden library but they had not found out a single piece of information.

"This is just getting rediculous" Mathew muttered under his breath as he looked at the bottom shelves, Cloud Runner landing before him as he did.

"I haven't had any luck either." he said, having heard Mathew's remark.

"You'd think there'd be at least SOMETHING here though."

"True, but what if all records of Dark Magic and the like were destroyed to prevent the study of it?"

Mathew thought hard, Cloud Runner could have been right, what if there were no records of what they had been searching for.

"Do you think Myst knows?"

"Most likely, she's very intelegent and has lived longer than anyone here."

Silence befell the two apprentices as they, dispite their asumptions, returnedtotheir search.

Myst strutted slowly down the many hallways of shelves, extremely focused and persistant to find what they were looking for.

Shadow walked alongside her, double checking each shelf they past.

"So far we've found nothing..." Myst said solumnly, she'd hoped they'd at least find something.

"Don't worry, we'll find something useful, this place is just larger than we thought I guess." Shadowreplied, trying to be positive.

Myst sighed, "I guess. But that isn't what's on my mind."

Shadow stopped walking, "What is then?" he asked in curiousity; then again, it wasn't unlike the Phoenix to be deep in thought at times.

"It's the secret Shadow, the secret about me, my visions."

"Why would that bother you? It never has been before."

"The visions...they have been more common since we arrived here, I fear what would happen if they become reality."

"I take it you are unsure if we should tell everyone?" Shadow questioned rhetoricaly.

Myst nodded, "what do you think? Should we tell them?"

Shadow opened his beak to say something when Sonic Boom's familiar voice interupted.

"Hey! I think we found something!" she cried from a distance, most likely snapping everyone out of their thoughts.

Myst and Shadow looked at each other breifly before taking off in the direction Sonic Boom's cry had come from, eventually entering a slightly large area of the hidden library. Sonic Boom and Sienna stood before them, three scrolls at their feet.

"I may not be the best at reading old writings but this scroll is sealed by this strange black insignia, I figured it must mean something important, maybe about Dark Magic and the like." Sienna stated from her perch upon Sonic Boom's helmet.

"Several locks blocked the shelf this was on so that's how we came to that asumption."

"Well what are you waiting for?" Warnado began, "open them up."

As if drawn to the scroll Sienna gracefully landed on the ground, reaching out to open it.

"Wait!" Cloud Runner said, interupting the owl's action.

Sienna looked up, stopping what she was doing, "What is it? I'm about to reveal information that could be useful."

"And most likely bring danger as well."

Camo looked at the wingged reptile that had spoken up, "how exactly would revealing useful information bring danger?" he asked.

"Don't you think there's a reason as to why this was locked away? Why the insignia is surprisingly sinister in appearance?"

There was silence, Sienna stepped back from the scroll, Cloud Runner had a point, and a very good one at that.

"If the scroll is dangerous HOW exactly do you expect us to open it without any threat?" K-9 recoiled calmly in question, "actually, why do you think it is dangerous to open?"

"Because if Dark Magic is so dangerous wouldn't all records of it be destroyed or sealed away to prevent the teachings of it?"

"He has a point, we've seen what it can do to others." Natasha said, backing up Cloud Runner's claims

"If I may speak, Dark Magic and normal magic cancel each other out; therefor if I were to open the scroll, I could probably prevent any dark magic from escaping, should there be any sealed inside it." Myst said, signaling her presence.

"I will never understand your logic Myst." Mathew replied, holding his head.

"Good, because you don't need to understand it." the said Phoenix replied flatly before she aproached the scroll.

The others backed away, just in case Myst's logic failed her.

'Ok, here goes nothing...' She thought as she, with one quick tug, removed the seal from the scroll to open it.

An ominous vibe filled the room, causing chills to go down some of the group's spines.

Myst, however, was uneffected, staring at the words on the scroll without any problems; other than thefact her eyes had a blank look of focus in them.

Soon the phoenix closed the scroll, panting rapidly; could dark magic really have been consealed within the scroll, enough to cause her to react in such a way?

"Myst, what did the scroll say?" Sunburn asked once her rapid breathing had stopped.

"It said horrible things, things I did not even know Dark Magic was able to do."

"Well like what?"

"If one were to reach the highest level of Dark Magic, with the aid of a dark crystal, they could cause enough disaster to bring the destructon of what ever world they pleased and can sometimes kill the ones they have control over or try to control."

There was silence for a moment as Myst paused.

"To put it simply, if we do not defeat the one who revealed himself a few nights ago... he will, instead, bring the end of us.

~~
Hope you enjoyed that chapter smilie

And yes, I do picture some old scrolls to have magic sealed within them, makes things interesting.

But anyhow enjoy my evil cliffhanger >:3
---
#36 Posted: 06:48:55 22/06/2012
Wow, Dark Magic is that powerful? They have their work cut out for them.

Myst's visions are very interesting to ponder; it's a very good way to foreshadow what may soon come.

I also love the cryptic sentence 'Beware the calm, before the storm' it really (in my opinion) fits the story smilie
---

#37 Posted: 20:30:04 23/11/2012 | Topic Creator
New chapter timesmilie

Chapter 11

The room was silent as Myst finished her sentence; silent with both disbelief and fear.

"The end of us?" Cloudrunner asked, tilting his head, "What does that mean?"

"Basically we're all doomed." Shadow said bluntly in reply.

"Myst..." Natasha began, "This dark crystal, is it possibly..."

Myst nodded solumly, "Unfortunately yes. What you found on the beach that I said was filled with darkness is most likely a shard from the dark crystal."

Natasha lowered her head, "it's all my fault then... I never should have found it."

"Don't blame yourself Natasha, it would have been found by the one who attacked us eventually. I should have destroyed the shard when I first saw it but I figured we had nothing to fear. The mines are a lybrinth and I was certain that it would not be easy to find the thing. I was wrong... very wrong to think that."

"Sorry to ruin this emotional moment" K-9 began, "but guilt won't get us anywhere. We have to move on, protect what we have left and save who we've lost."

The Skylanders and aprentices in the room all looked at each other, then at the wolf, responding to his words with nods. He was right. They had to do something.

"Myst, how long do we have before that guy reaches the highest level of magic?" Sienna asked.

"No idea. But without these scrolls he most likely cannot reach such power quickly."

"So what are we going to do?"

"Right now my only idea is to find information on The Lake of Purity or other sorces thata repel dark magic. My other one is to basically find the guy and destroy the crystal that gives him his power."

"Well both of those don't sound easy."

"Sienna is anything ever easy for the good guys?"

"Shut it Mathew, I wasn't asking you."

"Anyhow" Shadow interupted, stopping the endless conversation. "Like K-9 said, we must not give up. We have to do whatever we can to protect and save everyone of Skylands. That is our role after all."

Quick nods of agreement were given in reply as once more the group split up to search the library, hopefully what they were to find was writen somewhere in the many hallways.

Cloudrunner weaved his way gracefully through the rows of scrolls, carefully looking at each one since the plates categorizing the rows were fadded and of no help to him.

"Lets see... words that stand for light and magic..." He muttered as he looked at a row.

One caught his eye, it mentioned the sun, a large source of light. "Maybe this?" he asked himself as he carefully plucked it from the shelf and continued.

"Any luck Cloudrunner" came the familiar voice of Camo from behind him.

"I think so. I found a scroll that mentioned the sun. That's a force of light. What about you?"

"Not a thing yet. Every row I've searched has nothing."

"Just look for things that have to do or relate to light and magic. You'll find something eventually."

Sienna and Natasha had come to a large wall of scrolls, looking at each one twice.

"This one here says something about the ballance of light and darkness. Could be useful."

"Most likely. We should show Myst."

Hours had past by the time the group had reunited at the entrance to the library. A fair haul of scrolls had been found since they had began.

Some of the scrolls held valuble information, others did not but their contents were noted.

So. from all these scrolls so far I've put this custer of information together" Myst began.

In light there will always be darkness, and in darkness their will always be light. These elements ballance each other out, but if either one is stronger than the other, the ballance would be broken and chaos would follow. Darkness and light are powerful and delicate elements.

Tere are many challenging spells and relics that can ballence the elements should either one dominate the other, both ancient and possibly forgotten.

Darkness fuels dark magic, light vice versa.

"What our attacker used against us is known as The Crystal of Eternal Shadows, it is a crystal that will exist no mate how many times it is destroyed. The one who created it, a creature of pure darkness, asured that."

"But how does one destroy it Myst?" Sonic Boom questioned.

"Normal magic by iself is reflected back at the user with double the power should they try to destroy it. The only known way of destroying it are other relics of light or magic that uses light."

"Ugh, this is complicated. So basically this crystal is unable to be destroyed forever and the only way to shatter it is with magic that uses light or relics of light because normal magic is just reflected back."

"That is correct K-9."

"Where can we find these relics? Or even better, is there a way to learn magic that uses light?"

"The relics are hidden deep throughout Skylands and such magic takes years to master."

"Great..."

"What about the Lake of Purity? Do any scrolls here mention that?" Cloudrunner asked.

"Not so far. But this one here might. It talks about relics so it's possible."

Shadow looked out a window in the library, the moon had risen by this point.

"Everyone should get some rest. Myst and I will stay up to read the rest of these scrolls."

"But shouldn't you sleep too?" Natasha asked in concern.

"We're used to being awake at night. Don't worry about us." Myst replied asuringly.

"Ok, don't wear yourselves out though."

"We won't"

The library was silent as the duo lie alone under the ominous glare of the moon.

"So Myst, you mentioned this earlier, what do you see in your visions?"

"They all showed darkness and one even showed the events a few nights ago, that's why a woke up then."

"What about the others? What should we tell them?"

"Once we figure out what we will do then I will tell them. There is no need to cause them any more stress."

With those words the duo returned to their previous task, unnaware of the one spying from behind the door.

K-9 had heard everything.

----
Hope you enjoyed thatsmilie Once again sorry for the lateness.
---
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#38 Posted: 21:03:59 23/11/2012
Awesome fan fic! You take fan skylanders?
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#39 Posted: 06:47:59 24/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Thankssmilie I try to keep it as active as I can, life can get in the way though.

Unfortunately I don't, I already have the whole story planned out so I can't exactly fit in fan Skylanders. Sorry.
---
#40 Posted: 17:34:05 26/11/2012
K-9 knows their secret now...I'm interested in how this plays outsmilie

Despite it's lateness, it was a wonderful chaptersmilie

By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I like the brother-sister like rivalry of Sienna and Mathew? smilie
---

Spyroguy2001 Green Sparx Gems: 115
#41 Posted: 20:57:45 08/02/2013
Wow!!!!! What a great story😃!! I can't wait until the next chapter!!!
It's really addictive!! You have inspired me to make my own!
---
Spyro rules!!!!!!!!!
#42 Posted: 20:31:52 10/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Spyroguy: Thank you, that means a lotsmilie Good luck with your own fanfic smilie

Chapter 12

Scenes projected before her eyes.

No; not just scenes…memories.

Sienna squirmed as she slept, letting out the peeps of a hatchling.

Two owls fought something serpentine before her, only to meet death as the creature stabbed one in the heart with a blade on its tail and the other owl’s neck impaled by sharp fangs.

The scene changed to a small hatchling plummeting through a dark void, unable to do anything but wait for its demise.

Eyes of pure red shone through the darkness, a sinister laugh occupying them...

“SIENNA! Sienna wake up!” Natasha cried, shaking the owl from her nightmares.

Sienna’s let out a screech as her eyes snapped open, body comically hitting the leafy floor as she fell of her perch from sudden awakening.

Regaining her senses the barn owl turned her head toward the goose that had woken her. “Natasha what’s wrong?”

“I’m perfectly fine. You on the other hand were not; you were trembling in fear and were making peeps like a panicked hatchling.”

Realization came to Sienna as she remembered the scenes, wincing as she did so.

“Yeah and you made a wonderful alarm clock.”

The two birds turned to the archway leading from the room to see an annoyed Mathew standing there.

“It’s not my fault nightmares plagued my mind fluffy.” Sienna hissed in recoil at the rabbit.

“Eh, whatever. Anyway, I’m heading to the forgotten library to see if those two have figured out something useful. Knowing them they probably didn’t get a single second of sleep.

The library was filled with several of the Skylanders, those that had arrived so far.

“Well what do you know; they actually have gotten some shut-eye.”

“Maybe we should wait until later?”

“Nah I think we should just wake them”

A smirk crossed Shadow’s beak at the voices, “We’re awake you know.” He said as he lifted his avian head, Myst doing the same.

“I assume you all are curious as to what we have planned?”

Nods came from the crowd

“Seeing as our enemy possesses a magic so dangerous we do not have much time so even looking for the Orb of Purity is useless. However, if one were to kill the one with dark magic, any darkness or corruption created by them would vanish

“Kill? You mean we can’t just seal them away or drain their power?” Sonic Boom asked in uncertainty of the idea.

“Yes, kill. Legends say that the first time someone controlled such darkness they sealed away its power within dark crystals, then they killed him.”

“Wait, dark crystals? Like the shard I found?” Natasha said, attempting to link the two together.

“The shard you found may possibly have come from a dark crystal, it is uncertain though.” Shadow replied.

“So what’s the plan? What are we going to do to stop this madness?”
“We’re going to split up. We’ll gather whatever knowledge we can like that and possibly find the lair of our enemy as well.”

“How will we share information from long distances?” Warnado questioned, “Some of us could be several miles away from each other.”

“Light crystals.”

“What in the world are light crystals?”

“Well Mathew,” Myst began, “they are special crystals hidden deep within caverns. They are a very rare item to come across but with the right skill one can break off a shard.”

“Well if they’re so rare how would we obtain them?”

“What do you think gives off the light in this library at night? Certainly not the moon"

The group looked around, the phoenix was right, moonlight couldn't possibly light every inch of the huge room.

“The walls contain light crystals don’t they” Sienna said to answer the question.

“Exactly, we have our source of light crystals right here.” Shadow said in confirmation.

“How exactly do light crystals work though?” Camo asked, tilting his head in confusion.

“They work much like telepathy does, just can be heard from long distances. Just hold the crystal inside something like a hand, talon, or claw and think words as if you were talking to someone in front of you.'

“Complicated but I think I get it.”

“That is good. Now, as for the groups, we have twenty of us here, groups of ten would give us strength, yet progress would be slow…”

“How about three groups?” Mathew suggested, “all us apprentices go as a group, making eight for group one, and two groups of six for the other groups.”

“Well done, you can do math.”

“Oh shut up Sienna.”

Shadow thought about it, “I think it’s a good number of groups, What about you Myst?”

“It’s enough to cover lots of ground. However, if possible it’s best we don’t have too many of one type in a group so both have an advantage against any enemies.”

“Sounds good.”

“Speaking of enemies, what do we do if we come across any of our main enemy’s underlings?” Cloud Runner asked.

“Retreat. Do not pick battles you cannot win. Not only does this enemy have creatures capable of corrupting others, he has our fellow Skylanders as well.” Shadow replied.

A shatter was heard, drawing attention to Myst; the phoenix had broken off a light crystal large enough to split into three.

“Do not worry about loosing these. Magic will bind them around one in the group like a necklace. While only they will be able to remove the crystal, the others can use it if they are trusted by the holder; this prevents enemies from using the crystal if the holder were to be caught.”

"That's useful" Natasha said, "At least the bad guys can't use them against us."

“Myst, before we head out, you have something you must say do you not?” K-9 stated boldly, knowing the phoenix’s secret.

“How did you...”

“I am very observant for reasons that are painfully obvious. I’ve noticed some of your strange actions and have heard you secretly talk with Shadow about something. Last night my suspicions were confirmed when I stood behind a door to listen to you.”

Myst recoiled at the cyber wolf’s sentence before letting out a deep sigh.

The phoenix could feel the gaze of assurance from Shadow and spoke.

“K-9 is correct, I do in fact have a power exclusive to my kind... I can have visions of the future.”

“How come you never told us this? Why keep a secret when you know we’d trust you?”

“All the events that have happened, when I saw them in my visions I was asleep so I thought they were nothing but dreams. But now that they have become a reality I am deeply sorry for not saying anything sooner.”

All was silent.

"Ehem, I think it's best if we form the groups and get ready." Sienna said, "We don't know how long we have before we're all doomed."

Half an hour had past by the time the groups were ready, all three now gathered around Myst and Shadow; both going over the plan of action.

"Remember, don't pick fights you cannot win, if a creature is surrounded by a pulsing dark aura then run, these creatures are able to corrupt others." Myst said in warning, tone serious as the words came out.

"We are to find out anything about our enemy, his identity, what in the world he is, and if there's an easy way to take him down for the kill." Shadow added.

"Understood you two." Sienna replied bravely, the light crystal around her neck swaying as she nodded.

"Very well then. May we all have luck on our mission."

With those words the three groups set off, unaware of the many emotions that they'd have to endure alongside any battles.

-----
Sorry for the wait, had a hard time with this one.

As for the groups:
Group 1: Myst, Shadow, K-9, Mathew, Sienna, Natasha, Terra, Cloudrunner [Leader: Sienna]
Group 2: Camo, Sunburn, Dino Rang, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball, Drobot [Leader: Sonic Boom]
Group 3: Zook, Flameslinger, Terrafin, Warnado, Double Trouble, Gill Grunt [Leader: Warnado]
---
Spyroguy2001 Green Sparx Gems: 115
#43 Posted: 19:21:09 11/02/2013
Ooooo, this is getting to tense (in a good way!). I can't wait until the next chapter!
---
Spyro rules!!!!!!!!!
#44 Posted: 19:00:50 27/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Sorry for being late, haven't had much time to write

*Warning: This chapter involves some bloodshed*

Chapter 13

The large doors opened behind him, someone had entered his chambers.

“You better hope that your information is useful whelp.” He said calmly, yet in malice.

“Y-yes my lord, another one has been found. A small village is where it hides.” a small creature said in uncertainty.

“Excelent... gather the Darkened Ones and send them to that village, I want that shard. Oh, and tell them to leave no survivors. I don’t want the remaining Skylanders to get word of this.”

“Of course my lord, I shall summon them right away.”

As the small creature left the room he let put a sigh of relief, glad that his news didn’t earn him death.

But, soon after he'd left a chill went down his spine; ‘The Darkened Ones’ were once creatures of great power and justice but, because of his master’s dark magic they’d become monsters of destruction, killing on demand and in cold blood.

A single question went through his mind, were these monsters really needed to take down a small village? Or was it only because his master enjoyed seeing the blood of innocents spill?
-----
“Are we there yet?”

“No Mathew. Besides, we have no current destination.”

“We’re lost aren’t we?”

“Seems like it.”

“Oh. Well that tree looks familiar.”

“All the trees look familiar you idiot!”

K-9 sighed in annoyance at the squabling between the owl and rabbit before him; however he did find them rather amusing to watch, they lifted the tension.

"Both of you quit the bickering before I loose my mind!" Shadow growled, the anger in his voice silencing the said duo.

Ignoring everything that was going on Natasha looked up at Cloudrunner as he descended from the canopy above. "See anything yet?" she asked.

The winged reptile shook his head, "Nothing but trees for the next few miles it seems."

Myst sighed from up ahead, it'd only been a few hours since they'd split into three groups and the group they had gotten lost in a thick forest with very little light shining through the canopy. By nightfall it'd be almost pitch black and though they could all see in the dark, forests, especially thick ones, were dangerous at night.

"Which way seems the fastest way out of this forest?" Shadow questioned.

Cloudrunner shrugged in response, "I can't tell at all but I think we should head west from here, surely these trees can't go on forever. Besides, the sun and moon are the best way to know which way you are going."

"Good enough. Which way is west?"

Cloudrunner extended one of his wings, "That way."

“Alright then, you lead the way Cloudrunner.”

The forest seemed to get thicker as they continued, there was barely any light shining above, only from the light crystal around Sienna’s neck.

K-9 stopped walking, slowly looking around.

“K-9? Are you alright?” Terra questioned the cybertronic wolf, “What are you doing?”

“Despite the fact I hate it with a passion my robotic eye is a good way to search for enemies that lurk beyond anyone’s vision.”

“Dude, I’ll never understand the things you can do, and I’m a technical genius.” Mathew said in reply to the canine’s explanation.

“Gawking aside, do you see anything at all K-9?” Myst asked, “Even with my ability to sense another creature I cannot find anything.”

“It’s much deeper in but I think we might be dealing with kitsunes.”

“The heck is a kitsune?” Shadow asked, tilting his head.

“Oh, I’ve heard of them. They are foxes with nine tails, capable of seeing the past and future with their strange magic. They say that some can even lay a curse on some creatures if one touches a single tail. That part is just myth though.”

“You seem to know a lot about them Sienna, how come?” Natasha asked the barn owl before her.

“I had to deal with a few before. Plus I’ve been told stories about them. They’re usually passive but if provoked they’ll attack.”

Terra looked up in thought. “Do you think one of them could help us? I mean if they can see the future...”

“Perhaps.” Sienna said, cutting the unicorn off, “But getting one to help us is another story. If a kitsune decides to approach us with friendly intent then we could ask. For now lets just continue, there’s more than just kitsunes lurking these kinds of forests at night.”

----
Sonic Boom’s group was a lot more fortunate than that of Sienna’s.

The group had ventured into a deep canyon, terrain that fit most of them.

“How exactly are we going to find information in this place? All I can see is rocks.” Camo questioned to no one in particular.

“Well...” Sunburn began, “Beyond this canyon is the Twilight Mountains. There is a small village within, we can ask for information there.”

“How do you know this?”

“I’ve had my fair share of adventures before I joined as a Skylander. The Twilight Mountains being a place I visited briefly.”

“You really think they’d help us Sunburn?”

“Most likely, the creatures that live there are quite helpful.”

-----
Meanwhile, several creatures scattered as their village was attacked.

Dark flames scorched the land, burning everything in their path, the earth below being torn up and cracked by earthquakes.

A large hurricane blew down some burnt buildings, if anything living was inside, they would not get out alive.

The attackers of their village were merciless, killing everything in their path in cold blood. And by the time they’d finished, there was no one left alive.

“Search the buildings.” One of the attackers growled without emotion, get what master needs.”

Inside a house a lone creature trembled, hoping to not be found as it hid in front of a small box.

It’s efforts were in vain as one of the attackers entered. In fear it grabbed the box in its mouth and bolted.

“Kill that survivor! Don’t let it escape.”

The creature heard the footsteps of his predators behind it, speeding up in order to outrun them.

However, a swift bolt of lightning paralyzed it, making the unfortunate prey collapse, dropping its cargo as it fell.

The last thing the creature saw was a claw descending on it before its vision went black.

As the muffled voices of the attackers faded from sight the creature’s eyes opened, but only slightly.

All it could see was blood, its own blood.

Shaking the creature wrote a message, the blood beneath being the ink.

With its message written the creature fell limp, taken by the merciless grip of death.

Hopefully someone would see the message left behind.

-----
Dun dun dun!

Sorry about the end there. You won't see a ton of gore and bloodshed in this story, there's only going to be a few scenes involving that kind of stuff I promise you. It will be needed for plot reasons if there is.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me