Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Is Activision's hobby lying? [CLOSED]
ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#1 Posted: 00:08:38 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I contacted Activision's customer service line and talked to Tiffany Chung. I asked her why there are missing skylanders and she said they WILL ALL be realesed in march, but some have already been released and others will be released in april and June.why did she need to lie?
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#2 Posted: 00:17:22 15/01/2012
You would think they would want to make money. Everyday they are losing customers. The replay value of the game is very low. If they keep this up noone will care in april if they release 2 more figures. Big deal. The game is completed so what would I do with two new characters if they dont release new maps. Play the same levels I already have 32 times each? Boooooooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnngggg
LudoBash Green Sparx Gems: 368
#3 Posted: 00:18:18 15/01/2012
Well, keep in mind that our "dates" are based on a German catalog. It very well could be that everyone will be out in the US by March. I'd personally love that, but right now I am beginning to despair about even getting my hands on this wave.
---
My Skylanders: ALL of S1!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#4 Posted: 00:18:51 15/01/2012
Yeah, who says she's lying at all?
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#5 Posted: 00:19:05 15/01/2012
My favourite Activision lie that i've seen thus far is this one from the Skylanders facebook page FAQ:

"As everyone is noticing, Skylanders is very popular at the moment. We know many of our fans are having a difficult time finding the Skylanders they want at their local stores. The team at Activision is doing everything we can to keep them in stock. We appreciate your support and patience. We hope the following helps to answer your questions."

Activision are so damn cheeky sometimes.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ArkeyanForce Green Sparx Gems: 402
#6 Posted: 00:25:52 15/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Well let's see when march comes but activision is very smart they are pputting out low stock on skylanders so they become in very high demand, and then when ever they put more out they make the money right away
---
FINALLY FOUND HOT HEAD!!!
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#7 Posted: 00:41:32 15/01/2012
I'm hoping at some point they just straight up flood the market so the scalpers have no reason to buy anymore... it just won't be economical for them at some point since they'll have so much stock.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#8 Posted: 01:37:24 15/01/2012
How long can it rwally take to run a machine that spits pqckages of these things out and overnight ship them to stores. Wish someone on this board worked at walmart or best buy or target and could tell us when they r getting more. All tgey gotta do is scan the price tag barcode.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#9 Posted: 01:45:33 15/01/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
My favourite Activision lie that i've seen thus far is this one from the Skylanders facebook page FAQ:

"As everyone is noticing, Skylanders is very popular at the moment. We know many of our fans are having a difficult time finding the Skylanders they want at their local stores. The team at Activision is doing everything we can to keep them in stock. We appreciate your support and patience. We hope the following helps to answer your questions."

How is this a lie? Maybe they are actually doing all they can? This shortage can take a long time to fix, scalpers don't help you know?
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#10 Posted: 02:07:01 15/01/2012
Quote: DrillSarge
How long can it rwally take to run a machine that spits pqckages of these things out and overnight ship them to stores. Wish someone on this board worked at walmart or best buy or target and could tell us when they r getting more. All tgey gotta do is scan the price tag barcode.

While it is true that it does not take that long to manufacture these toys. It is also true that these toys are made somewhere in asia and they have to cross the pacific ocean to get here. That takes a while to do so its not like they can whip up a batch of these things and have them in the stores the next day. I would imagine it would take 2 to 3 weeks for the shipping process alone.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#11 Posted: 18:27:14 15/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
Quote: EgoNaut

How is this a lie? Maybe they are actually doing all they can? This shortage can take a long time to fix, scalpers don't help you know?

I was joking, Reimu.

In all honesty I think it probably isn't a lie. I think -well, I hope, they are making a genuine effort to get these things on the shelves.
The question that's got me worrying is whether they can make enough so that there is no longer enough demand for scalpers to make their living.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me