Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Just to clarify the story behind Whirlwind, and Drill Sergent
Page 1 of 1
Just to clarify the story behind Whirlwind, and Drill Sergent [CLOSED]
derterifii Green Sparx Gems: 141
#1 Posted: 15:59:24 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Alright. so it has come to my attention that some people do not realize that Drill Sergent, and Whirlwind were store exclusives at one point.
So... *ahem*
Whirlwind was a figure exclusive to Target, and Drill Sergeant to Wal-Mart. that being said, getting them proved to be challenging, because they were (at least over here) bought up in the same blasted week that they came out. so the only way to obtain these figures was online, through inflated prices.
So while Drill Sergeant and Whirlwind were already released, they were not available to everyone.

well that was fun.
and now as to make this topic not a complete waste of space...
Do you have Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant? and if so, how did you get them?
*And do you think they'll release more store exclusives in the future?

EDIT:
*blast. forgot the the last part
---
"I can think outside the box. which means, I can also think inside the chimney!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:21:22 04/01/2012 by derterifii
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#2 Posted: 16:15:42 04/01/2012
I got my Drill Sergent at Walmart they had lots at that time....just figured I would buy it one day. (really wish I did not open him tho!!!)
Whirlwind I had to order her online....$19.99 (no Targets in Canada)
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 16:16:50 04/01/2012
uh....what about the legendary trio? TRU exclusive there eh?

I do not have either whirl or drill, yet. Since they will be coming out in a 3 pack shortly, it wont be long before I have them. I did get the legendary trio from ebay as I do not forsee them being released again.

BTW, i believe the exclusivity was for north america only. Can someone over in europe confirm or deny my statement?
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#4 Posted: 16:21:37 04/01/2012
No there were different stores in Europe that got the exclusives. At least I think???? Tesco something like that???
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:21:57 04/01/2012 by JAP28
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 17:21:34 04/01/2012
Picked up both, but now I wish I had gotten more of them. Whirlwind was my first Skylander; I picked her up before I actually bought the game!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#6 Posted: 17:41:29 04/01/2012
Got mine on day 1, at each store. My local Walmart had tons of Drill Sergeants, while Target had two boxes of 12 Whirlwinds each. It's never hard to find things if you buy on day 1. It's when you wait until the last minute, that things get harder to find.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Phoenixdragon Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#7 Posted: 18:51:34 04/01/2012
I was very very lucky to find my Whirlwind.
Actually I was looking for Zap that day cuz he was sold out everywhere. An employee of our local Game Stop said I should go to "Müller" cuz they got one more character (our exclusive store for Whirlwind in Gemany)
At that time I didn't know that Whirlwind was an exclusive. So I went to Müller to look after Zap. When I saw the 3 left Whirlwinds I immediately took one and bought it.
When I found out that Whirlwind is an exclusive I was very relieved and happy to have her cuz the next time I looked for new Skylanders the rest of the Whirlwind where sold.
She's one of my favorites beside from Zap and Sunburn.
---
smilie Sunburn - "Roast N' Toast!" smilie

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenixdrag0n
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:49 04/01/2012 by Phoenixdragon
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#8 Posted: 22:57:05 04/01/2012
Drill Sergent is/was exclusive at Big W here in Australia were you get him with the game.
---
Why am I back
MasterOb1 Green Sparx Gems: 183
#9 Posted: 03:42:54 10/01/2012
I bought my legendary 3 pack and whirlwind the day they came out. found a drill sergeant about a month later. wishing i had picked up the small cloth carrying case now...it's selling for a fortune. But i open all my figures to use
---
smilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#10 Posted: 03:50:14 10/01/2012
I got both Drilly and Whirlwind on eBay together for 25 bucks.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me