Page 1 of 1
Purple or Black??? [CLOSED]
TrueSpyroFAN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#1 Posted: 13:18:53 30/04/2008 | Topic Creator
In the other pics and videos Cynder is black. now if ya look at my avi cynder is purple. I'm sorta confused. smilie
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#2 Posted: 15:41:51 30/04/2008
It's the shading of her. Like for example that TEN concept art of her she looked purplish.
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
#3 Posted: 16:56:13 30/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah... okay. Thanx. ^.^
Red Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#4 Posted: 17:28:56 30/04/2008
Not just that she went from Black to Grey through ANB and TEN and now shes Blue/Purple?

Anyway I think she was a black dragon in ANB because she was "corrupted" then in TEN she was expelling this dark energy thus turning back to her original color she could in fact be another Purple dragon because we have never seen the powers she possesses however this is VERY unlikely since they only get a purple dragon every 10 generations.
---
Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#5 Posted: 18:24:49 30/04/2008
or since her eyes are green she could be green (doubtful)
---
I is ded
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 19:48:18 30/04/2008
Its brobly because its the PS3/Xbox360 pics so its in HD
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#7 Posted: 23:36:08 30/04/2008
No one actually knows what Cynder's real color is because it changes so often. It's most likely a dark, dusky gray (that was the color of her egg shell in ANB and it's the most frequent color we see of her hide in any of the games). In dark light, she appears to be black, and in other lighting she picks up the ambient colors in the area (red, orange, yellow, blue, etc).

Artistically, Cynder looks better when colored with blue for her base, which is why we see her as blue in the concept art for both TEN and DotD. Black is a very harsh, flat color and not easy to adjust. (And if you want to argue with me, feel free, but remember that I've colored Cynder multiple times with professional materials and she really does look best when colored with a blue base.)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#8 Posted: 01:45:51 01/05/2008
Quote: Razz
No one actually knows what Cynder's real color is because it changes so often. It's most likely a dark, dusky gray (that was the color of her egg shell in ANB and it's the most frequent color we see of her hide in any of the games). In dark light, she appears to be black, and in other lighting she picks up the ambient colors in the area (red, orange, yellow, blue, etc).

Artistically, Cynder looks better when colored with blue for her base, which is why we see her as blue in the concept art for both TEN and DotD. Black is a very harsh, flat color and not easy to adjust. (And if you want to argue with me, feel free, but remember that I've colored Cynder multiple times with professional materials and she really does look best when colored with a blue base.)

You bring up an excellent point. I am, of course, referring to the blue base for the concept art. I do especially like the concept art of her for DotD.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#9 Posted: 08:33:36 01/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah Razz, you do hav a good point
Crush Gold Sparx Gems: 2812
#10 Posted: 08:36:03 01/05/2008
Quote: TrueSpyroFAN
In the other pics and videos Cynder is black. now if ya look at my avi cynder is purple. I'm sorta confused. smilie

More dark blue, if you ask me.
---
You can lie... *Smirks* But your bladder can't. Ha ha ha!
Quote: dark52
Dagnabbit.
#11 Posted: 08:36:56 01/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah..
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#12 Posted: 00:15:48 26/05/2008
well, Cynder came from a black egg in ANB
and i have her as my background and she is black

here is the problem:
in the game as you play as a character such as Spyro, he is a dark purple
but when u get like a movie cut scene type thing he is a light purple, and
the same goes for cynder: cutscene=gray and play=black if u pay attention to the beginning of the battle against Gaul, u can find her on the floor and u will see that she is black...
Aang Green Sparx Gems: 370
#13 Posted: 00:20:19 26/05/2008
I think she's dark grey, but the backround light makes her appear several different colours. Kinda like what Razz said.
---
You kicked who in the what now?
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#14 Posted: 22:53:38 26/05/2008
yeah, the game is just weird like that....
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me