Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
how do you kill the red dragon [CLOSED]
korsop Red Sparx Gems: 70
#1 Posted: 09:22:08 30/04/2008 | Topic Creator
i have got as far as i can but i dont know how to kill the red dragon can anyone help me
arathyne Blue Sparx Gems: 607
#2 Posted: 17:04:47 30/04/2008
Just avoid his ice attacks by using wing shield, burn all small dinosaurs and make sure to use water breath to push the bombs into Red. And on the final part make sure to avoid the beams.
---
Cynder FTW! smilie
Ross Gold Sparx Gems: 2159
#3 Posted: 18:56:48 30/04/2008
Quote: My currently under construction boss guide
Boss 3: Red
Level: Red’s Chamber, Icy Wilderness
Requirements: 30 Dark Gems
Species: Dragon
Appearence: A long-necked, red dragon elder with evil yellow eyes, a purple-spiked tail and a dark gem topped magic staff (the good elders have light gems).
Hitpoints: 9
Attack with: Water Breath
Difficulty: Hard
Attacks: Flame Breath (25%), Tail Whip (25%), Ice Bomb (25%), TNT Crates (25%), ‘Dogons’ (25%), Ice Avalanche (25%), Fire Bomb (25%), Ice Flow (25%), Lasers (25%)
How to Beat: The final boss. Cool. He’ll jump down, camera facing Spyro, then he’ll be in view. The arena here is icy, with spikes surrounding it. Red will prepare you for a couple of lessons. You thought he was evil? Well, just how evil? Very evil! He’s gonna teach you! Agh! Now, his first lesson is the states of matter – and he’s demonstrating by throwing solid ice bombs at you! Now, people say that the best way to avoid these is to walk slowly across the ice and Red should always miss you. Others say it can be done easier – by flaming the ice bombs as they come. I say something incredibly simple – just hold down the Wing Shield button and you’ll know what I mean. If you do happen to get hit by one, then enjoy being stuck in a block of ice and being knocked into the spikes. Don’t approach Red too close, either. He makes use of his tail and fire breath. After 9 sets of ice bombs, he’ll magic up 5 metal crates with pictures of him on them. They’re filled with TNT. He’ll start smashing them around him, moving in either direction. Try to keep in the same direction as Red, and line yourself up with Red, and Water Breath one. It’ll skid along, flashing red, and will hit Red. Try to get 3 crates at Red. If you don’t, then get Wing Shield on again to repeat the process. Anyway, once he’s hit thrice, the arena will raise for no reason and Spyro will make Red mad. Now, Red will summon 5 of those enemies that look like a cross between dragons and dogs, which I therefore call ‘dogons’. Put out your flame breath and start getting them guys. Be careful, because the ice can make you skid out of control so you might bump right into one. Every now and again, Red will stomp his foot, sending huge chunks of ice falling from the roof. Dodge them the same sort of way as in Gnasty’s fight (just, don’t charge away). Once all the dogons are dead, avoid any remaining ice chunks then equip Wing Shield. Another 9 sets of ice bombs and the tenth spell from Red will be 4 more TNT crates. Since there is one less this time, be on your toes and hit the best you can. You’ll be lucky to get three at a time here. And, also, after some time, Red will realize he’s being hit and will hover out of range and destroy the remaining crates. If he does, repeat the process until you’ve hit him thrice. Now he’ll get extremely mad and will stomp the entire arena all the way back down. He’ll now fire a flame bomb outside the arena, and it will start to melt. Keep away from the ever shortening edges or you’ll be in one-hit-kill lava. He’ll then refreeze the arena with an icy spray from his staff. Go in the same direction as him and stay away from that spray. If you can’t do that then just wait until the spray comes and jump over it. You’ll be lucky to avoid it then, though. Now for the hardest part – Red will hover in the air then a big ball of energy will appear below him, and lasers will fly out. Some will be high and some low – stay under the high ones and jump over the low ones. The lasers will then start going the other way and they’ll be in pairs – one on top of another. Just run to the right and you’ll be fine. He’ll then land, bringing some chunks of ice with him, then it’s time to Wing Shield. The usual 9 bombs and now only 3 TNTs! It’s almost impossible to get 3 at a time here, so you’ll most likely be repeating the sequence. Anyway, once at zero health, Red will skid along the ice and be annoyed, and when Spyro’s not looking he’ll fly off.
Reward: Ice Breath and access to Volcanic Isle.

If you don't mind long passages, I hope this helps.
---
"My life is meaningless now that my blue line is incomplete" - Quoting Me. It's not random, there is a story behind saying that.
spyrorocks Fodder
#4 Posted: 09:33:50 31/05/2008
Thanks ross. i got to the laser bit but it keeps killing me there. can you help?!

PS: how do you get smilies??
Earth Terrador Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#5 Posted: 19:15:06 11/07/2008
Look at the help files,"spyrorocks".smiliesmiliesmilie
---
Bash pwns your faces.
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5859
#6 Posted: 14:01:39 13/08/2008
Well, I've heard of Red the Dragon, but I haven't heard of The Red Dragon.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Firestar Yellow Sparx Gems: 1897
#7 Posted: 22:14:07 13/08/2008
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Well, I've heard of Red the Dragon, but I haven't heard of The Red Dragon.

She means smilie
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5859
#8 Posted: 13:27:50 14/08/2008
It was a joke.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Earth Terrador Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#9 Posted: 20:23:41 26/08/2008
smiliei like him
---
Bash pwns your faces.
claw Blue Sparx Gems: 685
#10 Posted: 14:18:49 15/04/2009
doyou mean smilie or mecha smilie
---
No signature for you!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me