Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Who plays skylanders on internet? [CLOSED]
Black Cynda Gold Sparx Gems: 2388
#1 Posted: 02:44:40 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
hey does anyone play skylanders if you don't you should because it is so cool and you can meet other skylanders there. i am there too.
---
I can see you
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#2 Posted: 02:55:12 31/12/2011
I tried it.

Way too much lag to even bother continuing.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#3 Posted: 03:32:01 31/12/2011
Um...wrong forum?

I think this belongs in the Skylanders forum
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#4 Posted: 03:43:44 31/12/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Um...wrong forum?

I think this belongs in the Skylanders forum

This.

new person... heh
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#5 Posted: 06:06:22 31/12/2011
Quote: Kitty
I tried it.

Same.

But usually lowering the quality helps a lot.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#6 Posted: 15:26:38 31/12/2011
I do it
---
THE END IS NEAR
Milne44 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#7 Posted: 11:22:34 19/01/2012
It's pretty fun but it lacks in things to do
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smilie
Thx nitendofan92 for Warnado avatar!
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#8 Posted: 11:53:04 19/01/2012
At first I eschewed the online game as laggy, boring, and pointless... I think many others did as well since I rarely see any PortalMasters with a number near mine and have never seen one lower than mine (103428). I am writing to say I was totally wrong, and I will elaborate in the following loosely organized bullet points. The points about detoxing them and revealing their personalities are at the bottom.

- Customize your Skyland - This is so much better than it looks at first. The tutorial is really bad. The intro shows you how to change your deciduous tree into a coniferous tree which is... not exciting. I was away from the console on multiple occasions so I gave this another try-- wow, there are a lot of cool options on what you can do with your own Skyland: different elemental trees, bridges, fountains, lair gates, etc.

- Expand your Skyland. Think your Skyland is pathetic and puny? It is. You need to expand it!! There are EIGHT different upgrades you can buy which increase the size, number of objects, and places for other objects you can buy for the map. It reminds me of secret bases in Pokemon but thousands of times better.

- Theme your Skyland - It starts out the boring Pasture style but you can pay game coins to change it to Magic, Water (Ice), Tech, and I think there's one other style available now. I'm using the Magic theme...

- Minigames are actually good ---- Yes, more terrible tutorials. Both the Angry Birds thing and the shooting thing did a terrible job of explaining how to play and what your options are with different elements. It gives you the option to learn how to play every time you go in but of course I ignored it the first 5 horrible times. Read the instructions. AND know that on the Angry Birds thing you cannot use your click powers until you reach a certain level (in the teens). Add to your collection because each Skylander gives you another boost opportunity. You need a lot of boost to have fun at the air raid, ground defense, and for multiple levels of the Angry Birds thing. The minigames on the "mainland" are still only moderately interesting but they are challenging and are good for making money. Last, the ground defense game which was recently added is pretty good. I doubt most players who opened the game before Christmas have even seen it.

- LAG IS MUCH IMPROVED --- The overall performance and load times are much better and I have discovered on a better video card (which most of you probably have something better than me) it works really well. And I thought you were intended to teleport everywhere instead of walk *pshaw*.

- Learning how to walk helped... - You don't have to click on the ground to walk. You can hold the mouse button down and just glide it around. They can probably chew bubblegum when they're walking too.

- Doesn't break the bank... You can actually create an account and play for free. Then when you need some more elements or guys for collections, you can just rent them. *psst* *whisper* If you don't play their time out they stay in your lair */whisper*. That's also nice if you're like me and there are some guys you'll never own.

- As portable as a laptop - You don't have to be at home with a game console, TV, portal, toys, etc. You just jump on wherever you are at on with a laptop/computer and an Internet connection. No toys required.

- See your Skylander's personality with their online Emotes... click on the stupid looking smiley face in the lower left, there are some funny /neat /awesome things you can make your skylanders do. They have more personality than the console versions!!!!! They can sit down and take a load off! You also hear more sounds online than on the console.

- Skylanders get HEALTHY - No more Junk Food!! I actually played the online game a little before unpacking the console game and loved the fantasy-themed plant eating idea. I was shocked to see my skylanders scarfing nasty fatty high fructose corn syrup dairy laden junk food in the game and somehow feeling better(?), what?
Technical plant information:
There is a different plant for each skylander so you can find up to 32. Check it out in your collections section.
When you add a skylander to your collection their particular plant will start growing on your skyland.
You can also pick up new plants by eating them on the "mainland". There are plants for Skylanders not released yet... but I haven't seen all of them.
Your plant has a level which will match the level of the Skylander it corresponds to. If you have different versions of the same Skylander such as regular and legendary Spyro, the plant will match the lowest level, unless you already had the plant leveled up beforehand.
You get 50 boost for each level of the plant you eat with the appropriate Skylander by elemental. This is totally nigh irrelevant if you only have three skylanders online. Your bar is very easy to fill. But when you get 2500 boost to fill, you will want high level plants.
There are items that can be added to expanded Skylands that increase the number of plants, boost in the plants, and growth rate of the plants.
Growth rate is confusing at first!... the plants always look the same... it only refers to the amount of boost you get out of them. If you are very impatient get the Sun item. They seem to 'grow' very quickly without it.
You get some experience for eating the appropriate elemental plants.
There seems to be no penalty for eating a wrong element plant, just a funny animation.

That's it for now. Try it again and look me up (103482). I've got almost all the interesting plants growing at different times. Your skylanders need to detox for health and longevity
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#9 Posted: 22:07:01 25/01/2012
^ I did not read this

I do I need to update I only have the starters on mine.
---
Why am I back
ryan123 Red Sparx Gems: 15
#10 Posted: 21:47:08 16/02/2012
ok the the game is not working but i play it
#11 Posted: 23:42:59 16/02/2012
It will open surely tommorow or late this evening
---
THE END IS NEAR
camoisbeast Green Sparx Gems: 318
#12 Posted: 00:01:23 21/05/2012
I play it- my name is Turbo Lifehero
---
Life rules!
Haves: smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#13 Posted: 20:45:23 22/05/2012
Its awesome
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#14 Posted: 21:16:27 22/05/2012
not anymore
---
THE END IS NEAR
camoisbeast Green Sparx Gems: 318
#15 Posted: 01:24:55 25/05/2012
you think so? Oh... well, I play it
---
Life rules!
Haves: smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#16 Posted: 12:47:31 24/09/2012
I already try it
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#17 Posted: 16:58:51 25/09/2012
Quote: Kitty
I tried it.

This.

Too laggy.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
DancingShower11 Gnorc Gems: 206
#18 Posted: 17:47:28 25/09/2012
Way too laggy...

...mabye it's just my computer.
SpyroSC Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#19 Posted: 11:19:40 27/09/2012
It suck. End of story.
---
IT'S A DRAGON
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#20 Posted: 11:55:59 27/09/2012
I agree with everything Toleroh said. Too bad it turned so laggy.
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#21 Posted: 13:05:30 28/09/2012
I do. It's slow at times, but it's pretty fun for the most part. smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
bobafett222red Green Sparx Gems: 491
#22 Posted: 00:47:48 10/02/2013
I play it. my name is thunder spacerock
---
I bring the star wars to darkspyro
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#23 Posted: 15:45:36 11/03/2013
i play it.
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#24 Posted: 02:45:45 12/03/2013
I play it from time to time. It's really good except for all of its problems that'll never be fixed.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#25 Posted: 10:20:47 12/03/2013
I don't play it much anymore.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#26 Posted: 12:44:44 12/03/2013
I don't play it much either, only really to register new Skylanders.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#27 Posted: 15:42:32 12/03/2013
I'm still playing, but I've pretty much given up on the minigames in my Skyland since besides Night SWAT all of them have lag on the later levels(on a computer that can run vanilla Fancy and Far freaking Minecraft at 405FPS! I smell bad coding). I play about twice a week or when I don't feel like Minecraft, since they're my winding down/relaxing games at the moment, but with Universe anything >3.5 days a week stacks up to be sort of tedious.

My Sprocket is finally at Level 27, though I've been leveling other Skylanders a little more lately to be balanced. Best strategy for Hero Points is just to spam playing SWAT, you usually earn at least 800 Hero Points per game and it's very short(I've even reached 1450+, but I usually get 1000-1100). Plus, it barely lags even on older computers.
#28 Posted: 16:56:58 12/03/2013
Downright Stopped playing...

Wake me up when news will appears

(Hey! I got a yellow sparx)
---
THE END IS NEAR
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me