Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Children's Story [CLOSED]
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#1 Posted: 05:41:27 30/12/2011 | Topic Creator
This is a story that my friend wrote, and I edited. smilie I came up with the characters, she named them, and I give her full credit for the basis of this story.
Although... I gave it a moral, sooooo... smilie

The Toy Plane, The Dragon, And The Unicorn

On a couch in a quaint home in the coast city of Berkfort, a young boy lay fast asleep. When it was certain he would not wake for several hours, Robbie the toy plane wheeled himself out from under the blanket, down to the floor, and out the cat door. He stared up into the sky, dreaming that he could fly among the clouds like a real plane. Suddenly, a beautiful white dragon with a black diamond pattern down its spine and tail swooped low over the house.
With her sharp eyes, the dragon spotted Robbie easily and landed as he flagged her down.
"Please dragon." Robbie said. "Will you teach me how to get off the ground so I can soar through the air like you?
"First off, my name is Katie." Replied the dragon, lips curling back as she spoke to reveal sharp teeth. "Second, even if I could help you, I don't think I would. You are only a child’s toy, after all, and have nothing that I would want."
"But I could be so much more than that, if only I could fly!" Robbie wheeled himself up to the dragon, which seemed to be thinking.
"Well..." She began. "I do know someone who might be able to help you. Tell me, how strong is your will to fly?"
"Very, VERY strong!" Robbie said.
"Then come with me." Katie said, reaching out with a taloned foot. Robbie wheeled himself onto her paw and she took off with the little plane hanging on tightly. She headed for an enchanted forest just outside of the city.
Not much time later, the pair was wandering through the trees. "Who are we trying to find?" asked Robbie.
Katie reached forwards and swiped a vine out of the way with her wing, revealing a unicorn in a small clearing with a pond and a small stream.
"Her." She pointed. "Beck is a unicorn whose magic may be used to grant wishes, if they are strong enough."
The unicorn named Becky looked up. "Right you are, Katie. Good to see you, by the way. Now who is this?" Becky asked, seeing the little toy plane.
"My name is Robbie." He said, wheeling himself over to her. "May I have the ability to fly?"
"If you so wish it, it will be." Becky said. "Now pull a piece of my hair out." Robbie did so. "Ouch. There. Keep that with you. As long as you are in possession of that hair, you will be able to fly." Becky told him.
Katie helped tie the hair around Robbie's wings. "Have a good high flying life."
"Oh, thank you so much!" Robbie shouted to Becky as she trotted off into the forest. "Ad Katie, thank YOU too, for getting me here, and helping me fulfill my wish! Although I think I can get myself home now." He said, smiling.
Katie waved with her wing as Robbie buzzed off into the air, and towards his home, happy to see that she was able to help him get his wish.
The End.

The moral of this story is to never give up wishing.
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#2 Posted: 13:51:08 30/12/2011
I like this story *hugz*
---
Why am I back
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#3 Posted: 21:08:26 30/12/2011
D'aww....cute story. Moral...is okay I guess. I like it.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#4 Posted: 05:36:11 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. smilie Cynder, I don't know you... smilie
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#5 Posted: 05:54:46 31/12/2011
nice story. its really cute. i like it. smilie
this actually reminds me of a school project i did once for art class. we had to write and illistrate a children's book. X3
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#6 Posted: 08:09:51 31/12/2011
I had a book like this but it was about a toy rabbit that became a living rabbit

Who cares it's a good story )^o^(
---
Why am I back
#7 Posted: 17:12:52 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, i had that book too! smilie
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#8 Posted: 02:52:28 01/01/2012
Cute!
Although, it seems awfully small.

Its a bit rushed and it doesn't make the moral as big of an impact as most Children stories should. Good plot though.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#9 Posted: 06:20:34 03/01/2012
^Yeah, me too.

Has anyone by any chance seen the movie 'The Dolphin'? It's a kids CG animation movie.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#10 Posted: 18:23:54 04/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Again, I didn't write it, my friend did. I just typed it up and edited. It involved adding better vocabulary and adding needed pieces, like grammar. I also sliced a small bit because it was too wordy, full of run ons... Anyway, if we do make it longer, I'm going to ask her if we can publish this. I really want to. Money can be made from childrens stories. :3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me