Page 1 of 1
In case you can't wait three hours... [CLOSED]
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13919
#1 Posted: 09:21:27 28/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Spyro Trilogy Culminates with Premiere on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 ; Elijah Wood, Gary Oldman, Christina Ricci, Blair Underwood, Wayne Brady and Mark Hamill Provide Voice-Over Performances

LOS ANGELES (April 28, 2008) – Sierra Entertainment, a division of Vivendi Games, today announced The Legend of Spyro™: Dawn of the Dragon, the third chapter in the popular Legend of Spyro trilogy. Developed by Etranges Libellules, the game will be released this fall for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ home video game system, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Nintendo DS™ system. Reprising their roles as the characters of Spyro and his mentor Ignitus, are two popular Hollywood leading men, Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy) and Gary Oldman (Sirius Black from the Harry Potter films). Joining the Spyro roster this year are Christina Ricci, Blair Underwood, Mark Hamill and Wayne Brady, rounding out an all-star voice cast.

In the final chapter of the trilogy, players find Sypro teaming up with an unlikely ally - Cynder, his former enemy, to face his most challenging mission to date. As the Dark Master’s (voiced by Mark Hamill) evil envelopes the world like a plague, Spyro must fulfill his destiny and unlock the true power of the purple dragon within him to stop the Dark Master in his tracks.

The game introduces two never before seen elements into the Spyro universe: Spyro can now fly at any time and players can drop-in/drop-out with the new cooperative feature. The co-op feature allows players to have the option of completing the game as either Spyro or Cynder, giving them more freedom to explore Spyro’s world in completely new ways.

“Spyro has grown up a lot since his debut, and players are going to notice advanced gameplay, character design and story lines in Dawn of the Dragon,” said Al Simone, senior vice president, Global Marketing for Sierra Entertainment. “The game takes some exciting twists and turns – fans of the series and newcomers alike will experience non-stop fun, a renewed sense of intensity and the type of challenging adventure only Spyro can overcome.”

Developed by Etranges Libellules, The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon will ship this fall for the Xbox 360®, PlayStation 3, Wii™, PlayStation®2 and Nintendo DS™. Vivendi Games Mobile is also making The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon available for mobile phones throughout Europe and North America.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#2 Posted: 09:25:08 28/04/2008
Thank you ^O^
Anonymous Fodder
#3 Posted: 09:53:30 28/04/2008
I've seen the screenshots. They're different from previous Legend of Spyro games that's for sure.
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#4 Posted: 10:09:16 28/04/2008
WHOA!!! The screenshots are amazing!
RenanSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1619
#5 Posted: 10:33:42 28/04/2008
Where did you get that, dark52?
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#6 Posted: 10:41:31 28/04/2008
I dont see any screenshots ~.~
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#7 Posted: 10:49:23 28/04/2008
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

The most stunning screen shots from any Spyro game ever.
Two thumbs up Krome
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#8 Posted: 10:50:06 28/04/2008
Quote: zacoda1
I dont see any screenshots ~.~

Screenshots.
#9 Posted: 10:52:17 28/04/2008
I love those screenshots
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
Last edited at 10:53:05 28/04/2008 by RenanSpyro
#10 Posted: 10:52:22 28/04/2008 | Topic Creator
It's not Krome, they've got another new developer.
---
Last edited at 10:52:42 28/04/2008 by dark52
#11 Posted: 10:53:40 28/04/2008
Quote: dark52
It's not Krome, they've got another new developer.

*looks again*

oh >.>
Last edited at 10:55:48 28/04/2008 by Blackholes_Wolf
#12 Posted: 10:55:10 28/04/2008
Are you sure about it, dark52?
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
#13 Posted: 10:56:38 28/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I'm sure. Read the press release in the first post.

Here's some positive impressions from Joystiq.
---
#14 Posted: 10:58:47 28/04/2008
[User Posted Image]

I have a feeling im going to be chased.....
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10803
#15 Posted: 11:07:15 28/04/2008
I just hope this game won't have any glitches in it...
#16 Posted: 11:08:26 28/04/2008
Quote: artiste_violet
I just hope this game won't have any glitches in it...

Or crappy gameplay... >.<
#17 Posted: 11:17:15 28/04/2008
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Spyro franchise, Sierra and Estranges Libellules are teaming up to bring you The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. This title will complete the trilogy of Spyro games that includes A New Beginning and The Eternal Night. Spyro has long been considered a kids game and while it is still being marketed to a younger audience, the franchise has definitely grown up.

The first thing I noticed was the graphical upgrade. For a cartoony style game, the backgrounds and character models looked really nice. The water rushing by in a nearby river was particularly well done. Once I stopped gazing a the backgrounds, it was time to take a look at Spyro himself. His character model has matured with the franchise and he looks a bit more like a teenager than a baby dragon. This game also marks a new power for Spyro: flight. In previous games, Spyro could only sort of hover and glide a short distance, but now he has the full power of flying at his fingertips. Joining Spyro in his adventures is Cynder, a rather goth like female dragon who was formerly an enemy in the last game. You can play as both characters by switching back and forth with a button press or bring a friend along to play in co-op mode.

Spyro isn't the only thing that has grown up in this game however. The battle system has matured greatly as well, adding in God of War and Devil May Cry type fighting elements. Despite the violence of these two games particular style, Spyro manages to pull the best elements while still remaining kid friendly. For instance, Spyro's ability to harness the elements features a Kratos-like electrical area attack that will take out multiple ememies at the same time. The spouting fountains of blood and severed limbs however, are absent. Cynder has her own set of abilities as well that make use of her darker shadow powers, using things like poison and fear. Gems can be collected throughout the levels to help power up Spyro and Cynder's various powers. Sets of armor can be found throughout the game that can be mixed and matched or use one whole set to gain bonus abilities.

Spyro also boasts a pretty hefty voice acting cast with Elijah Wood returning as the voice of Spyro, goth girl supreme Christina Ricci as Cynder, Gary Oldman as Ignitus, Wayne Brady as Sparx, Mark Hamill as the evil Dark Master and Blair Underwood as Hunter. It is expected to hit in early October on the Wii, DS, PS2, PS3 and Xbox 360 with the PSP oddly absent from the lineup. The gameplay on the various systems will vary slightly as they always do, but the storyline will remain the same. The PS3 version will even take advantage of the Sixxaxis controls although this control scheme will be optional. Apparently they have learned a lesson that the creator of a certain other dragon flying game didn't.

All in all I really enjoyed what I saw of this latest Spyro title and the new battle system seems like it might cross that line from pure kids game into attracting some more open minded adult gamers who enjoy a cartoony romp. As a fan of the first Spyro game, I will certainly be interested in checking it out once it is released to see more of how the the little purple dragon has come into his own.
---
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#18 Posted: 11:59:41 28/04/2008
Those screenshots are awesome. My cousin has a PS3 and she might get
the game for it. I can't wait for I know the graphics will be sweet.
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#19 Posted: 12:10:09 28/04/2008
Bugger! My fears are right, I knew by judging from the art style that that wasn't Krome smilie How ironic and all, we're going from Australia to France as far as development teams are concerned.

Great, now I've got a new developer to attempt to trust all over again. My prior research showed they did some averagey stuff with Asterix and Arthur (and the Invisibles) in the past few years, so I have a weird feeling that the reception might not be as brilliant this time around. I do however seem more surprised on the DS screens this time, so that might be a bit of a plus if anything.

Still, I can only hope that Etranges Libellules REALLY pull something out of the bag with this one. I just hope this won't become the Legend-arc equivalent to Enter the Dragonfly - attempting to mimic the style of Krome and throwing in new elements, only to face gameplay error after gameplay error. It's a good day to see new screenshots and so forth, I just hope that the effort keeps up either way.

(And given the new developer, that's the Wii's Classic Controller almost immediately out of the window. Oh well... nevermind.)
Last edited at 12:11:05 28/04/2008 by Rexy
#20 Posted: 12:12:07 28/04/2008
Well, at least there's a lot of hard work put into it. Right, Rexy?
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#21 Posted: 12:16:05 28/04/2008
Well, they do indeed look pretty. But I said the same towards the first batch of screenshots to Enter the Dragonfly all these years ago, completely oblivious to the fact that Check 6 and Equinox never did a videogame before. I can't help but wondering we're facing a case of deja vu.
#22 Posted: 12:17:02 28/04/2008
Oh yeah. Never thought about that one.
Cynder lover Fodder
#23 Posted: 13:52:26 28/04/2008
GREAT! i can finally play as Cynder (Cinerea in the italian version)
let me say only one thing:

Spyro is the primary character and he is the most important, but is a bit..."child" and "immature", and it's not so good for a dragon, specially for a special dragon, i think....

Instead, Cynder (for me) is more aggressive and "Mature" than Spyro...and beatyful: black skin with green emerald-like eyes...2 beatyful colours.

when i saw these screenshots, my hearth blew up: they are Awesome.
I can't wait that game. i must get it.

PS: sorry for my english and the off-topic tribute to Cynder.
Sophia_S_ M Blue Sparx Gems: 997
#24 Posted: 14:19:21 28/04/2008
omg omg omg!
man,but is soo much light*blind for a second*
---
"Oh Brother."-smilie,TEN
lunyathedragon.deviantart.com
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#25 Posted: 14:43:41 28/04/2008
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
[User Posted Image]

The most stunning screen shots from any Spyro game ever.
Two thumbs up Krome

That pic is so WONDERFUL!! I think it's the best Spyro - screenshot ever!
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
Dragon Rider 99 Ripto Gems: 145
#26 Posted: 14:46:35 28/04/2008
Dude.......
so......frekin.......sweet
.....cant....look away

is that for the PS3or the 360?
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#27 Posted: 14:49:29 28/04/2008
Hey, Wayne Brady is going to be in it!!!! He's one of my favorite comedians of all time from Whose Line Is It Anyway???? I wonder who he's going to play, though.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
#28 Posted: 14:54:54 28/04/2008
Wayne Brady is Sparx.
#29 Posted: 15:00:32 28/04/2008
Oh. Well, thanks for telling me, "Dragon Lover".

Side Note 1: I didn't know this information because I'm at my school and can't access very many sites relating to this new game, and most of the sites that I can access don't say much information about the game. But thanks for telling me.

Side Note 2: I also just realized something. The voice who is the Dark Master in this game is the same exact person who played Luke Skywalker (at least I think so) in the Star Wars Original Trilogy. Man, first one of my favorite comedians, and now this???? Man, this day just keeps getting better and better.
---
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#30 Posted: 15:15:11 28/04/2008
If Wayne Brady is Sparx, who Blair Underwood is playing?
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
#31 Posted: 15:15:33 28/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Hunter
---
#32 Posted: 15:26:48 28/04/2008
Just out of curiosity (since I can't access the site myself since my school is currently blocking it right now), has there been any more news on other past characters being in this game???? I know that Hunter's going to be in it, but I'm wondering who else is going to be in it.
---
Mad Fodder
#33 Posted: 22:55:21 20/06/2008
I grew up with spyro and now look at him... how the HELL did he grow so fast, I was 2 years old when he was discovered and now he's a adult? WTF! It's only been 11 years!
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#34 Posted: 23:00:43 20/06/2008
They totally rebooted the series "Mad." smilie They also were frozen in time in the last game to save them selves (Spyro, Sparx, and Cynder that is) and grew bigger because it was a "Time Fury" causing them to double in size. Read it here if you like:Clicke Here

BTW this was a dead topic bumb. T_T
Last edited at 23:02:20 20/06/2008 by DragonFriend244
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me