Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Children of Gold (co-op) [CLOSED]
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#1 Posted: 00:58:20 03/12/2011 | Topic Creator
It seems that the purple dragon isn't the only special one...

Many many years after Spyro and Cynder weakened Malefor and the Ancients banished him to the Underworld, an egg was discovered.

Under the old resting place of the Temple, a tunnel was discovered, a tunnel that led straight to the underside of Warfang. It was here that frozen in a time crystal was found, inside a beautiful altar, a shrine that held an egg that glittered and shone like the sun. The egg had been frozen, sent so be found before the dawn of Spyro, sent to protect him and the others.

On the wall of the shrine were pictures, the legend and hope of the Goldenchild Dragons, a breed of dragon that was only born every 10 million years. The lone purpose of such a creature? To be the living vessel of the Sun, the life force of it and to use the Sun as its elemental power.

The egg hatched, and the dragoness was born with the title of Aethra the Sun Goddess. Only days after her birth she was kidnapped by a mysterious being and forced into darkness. About ten years later, she was free once more. For her safety and the safety of the other dragons around her, she was sent far away for training.

Five years later, whispers have spread through Warfang and the surrounding settlements of the Avalar Realm: she is returning. Word has spread quickly that she doesn't wish to be called by her full name, she prefers a nickname she invented herself: Ria.

Many other great dragons exist in the Realm of Avalar, one of those dragons being one known as Lucien. A noble and kind white dragon, known as a Golden God, a creature destined to control all of the elements and to access the ultimate power, the Golden Form. The dragons all adore Lucien, and claim he is the most powerful dragon living.

Looks like Lucien's about to meet his match.

-

This is an idea for a co-op between me and SpyroD, testing out the story of my dragon Ria and his dragon Lucien since they're mates in a RP, but I dunno how much longer the series will last (it's already a trilogy smilie)

Here I have set up a setting, a very loose storyline that SpyroD can change in anyway he wants to better fit Lucien and any other characters he may bring in.

Cast of My Characters:

1) Ria (aka Aethra the Sun Goddess)

[User Posted Image]

Type: Goldenchild
Elements: Sunlight and Shadow (will later learn Ancient Flame)
Story: See introduction

2) Orbit

[User Posted Image]

Type: Galaxy
Elements: Starbeam, Fire
Story: Ria's closest friend, one of the young dragons that helped free Ria from the darkness.

(will edit more characters in later)

Look forward to the first chapter, posted by either me or SpyroD if he wants! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:41 05/12/2011 by lemmingluv
daimondcynder21 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1218
#2 Posted: 09:10:04 03/12/2011
sounds awesome!
#3 Posted: 19:08:05 03/12/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks! smilie
#4 Posted: 23:23:57 03/12/2011
can't wait for the first chapter
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#5 Posted: 20:45:19 04/12/2011
In the time of the Golden Childs birth, there was a great species of dragon that lived high in the clouds. It is said that they are the creators of the use of elements. There are stories of how the golden child was before these great dragons, probably even made them. After millennia of piece, one came along and thought he was the most powerful of their kind and tryed proving it by killing thousands and leaving the others scared with poisons and famine. When it came down to the last hundred, they decided to send the only remaining eggs down to the world below. While still eggs, two elderly mates walked through the woods to find the eggs laying together by a thick tree that shaded them and kept them dry. The old woman dragon gasped at the sight of the two eggs and how identical they were to each other. Day turned to night, so they took the eggs back to their home just outside the city of Warfang. Only days latter, the eggs hatched. They gave the twin siblings the names of Lucien and Clair.

The children showed great power and unbelievable abilities. Lucien turned out to be the strongest of the two, and Clair to be more strategic. They were both beautiful young, but the pair of elder foster parents died of sicknesses when they were 12, so now they live in the old cabin in the forest. Raising and fighting for each other, as they attend the school in the city. They were the talk of the school, girls wanted Lucien, and he had to scare off the boys bothering Clair. When Lucien found Ria he found her energy was different, not only that her scales were gold as well. He hasn't spoken to her before, but the events that are happening, they just may get closer than they ever though.

#So, I am using my phone for most of my story writing stuff, so mine might take a bit to post, but this is part of the beginning. Thank Lemmingluv if you like the story, it was her idea to co-op with me. Thanks for reading and hope to get more as we go.

Characters(mine):
Name:Lucien
Species:Golden God
Elements: All(including the rare light/dark elements)

Name: Clair(Lucien's sister)
Species:Golden God
Elements: All(as well)

I guess I could start the first chapter, can't guaranty its post time though.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#6 Posted: 23:38:42 04/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter One: The Path of Past and Future

Ria sighed, waiting under an evergreen just off the path. Orbit should be here by now! she thought impatiently. She had received word from a courier this morning that Orbit would meet her here at high noon.

She glanced up at the sky. Ria estimated it was about two hours past noon. "Some things never change..." she muttered.

Then suddenly, "Ria, dahlin! Is that really you?"

Ria turned to look in the direction of the voice with a clearly heard Southern accent. A small smile creased across her mouth. "You bet it's me Orbit!" she said.

The pink dragoness rushed over to Ria, pulling her into an embrace. "Mah stars child! Lookit you! You've grown up so fast!"

Ria laughed. "Who you calling a child? I'm barely a year younger than you!"

"And don't you forget it!" Orbit teased with a wink.

"And what about you missy!" Ria laughed. "I can't call you 'Squint' anymore!"

It was true, since the last time Ria had saw Orbit, her eyes had rounded out and become bigger.

"Do I get to still call you 'Klutzella'?"

Ria's face went red. "Just cuz I'm a little clumsy..."

"Clumsy?" Orbit laughed. "Dahlin, you tripped ova' your own feet!"

"Yeah yeah," Ria said with a roll of her eyes. "Shouldn't we get going?"

"Oh right!" Orbit said, blue eyes blinking in remembrance. She led Ria down the winding path toward the city.

As Orbit began to babble, Ria stared at the mountains in the distance, remembering when she spent six months flying over the entire range for training. No rest.

"...oh and you're gunna just LOVE school. All the boys are mighty handsome, and the teachers are sooooo nice!"

"I'm sorry, school?" Ria asked, being pulled back into the present.

"O' course! I took the liberty to get you all enrolled mah-self!"

Ria's purple eyes darkened in irritation. "Seriously? You didn't even ask me if I wanted to go to school!"

Orbit stopped and turned to face Ria, blinking in surprise. "I jist thought you'd wanna make more friends is all..."

"Yes Orbit, but this is a major life changing decision!" Ria said, rubbing her temples.

"Oh don't make a fuss ova' it! It'll be fun, you start tomorrow!" Orbit said, turning to continue down the path.

Ria sighed. There was no point in arguing in the matter now, too late for that. She was already enrolled, thanks to her best friend, and she was just going to have to endure it...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:29 05/12/2011 by lemmingluv
#7 Posted: 02:47:19 05/12/2011
Meanwhile: The bell rang, and the hall filled up with dragons that attended the school. Lucien stood out among them, his white scales reflected the sun light that shone through the outdoor hallway. He walked along with a smile and a sash of books hanging from his side. "Lucien!" a light voice called. He turned to see a set of wings and a head that flashed the light of the sun just as his did.

"Clair?" Lucien stopped as he watched her make her way to him. "What is it?"

"I say ya, and wanted to say hi." she pushed him to keep walking.

"We say hi after school all the time."

"So," she blinked.

"Sooo, what do you want?" he chuckled.

"Oh, just one of those new touch lamps so I can read easier at night." she smiled big.

Lucien laughed softly, "You know we can't afford that rich now." they turned the corner after it was open to enter.

"I know, but I still have a lot of free time, there's got to be a job out here I can get." she slowed.

"We'll talk about it latter alright?" Lucien smiled turning into a classroom.

"K, bye." she continued down the hall.

"Clair!" a voice called from behind her.

She recognized this voice, "Gledor, I told you that Lucien doesn't allow you to speak to me, not after what he saw."

"He over reacted is all. He needs to take it easy." the bright green dragon approached her. His wings ha a thin yellow, his tail ended with a blunt triangular pyramid that waved a bit and had curves at each edge.

"Don't underestimate him, he isn't easy to talk to." She turned to him. The hall seemed to be more clear than the main hall.

Gledor trotted up next to her, "I'm not either. I'm sure he'll come around." he slid his tail up against hers.

She stopped, "No, you don't get it, he is dedicated to making sure I have chosen a true mate. He will not let it go, especially after the event. He doesn't even know we talk to each other still."

He walked out in front of her, "Well, when he decides, let me know."

"Well duh," she laughed a bit.

Gledor smiled and he locked lips with her. There was a long pause before he pulled away. And walked off past her.

Clair stood there quietly for a moment. A ding noise sounded. She shook her head and started to jog down the empty hall to a door that was marked with a symbol that represented a a set of claws with metal plate covering it. The air was thin with the sent of fresh coals burning. She entered and closed the door behind her.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:57:01 05/12/2011 by SpyroD
#8 Posted: 02:49:47 05/12/2011 | Topic Creator
smilie i love it so far SpyroD!!!

-

Soon, Ria and Orbit came over a hill, showing the city way down in the valley.

"Why aren't we flying?" Ria asked, suddenly realizing that instead of walking for an hour, they could have flown for fifteen minutes.

"Er, to rest your wings?" Orbit said, biting her lip.

She's hiding something... Ria thought.

Then it hit her.

"Oh my god, you're supposed to be in school right now aren't you?!" Ria cried in realization.

Orbit turned to face her, cheeks blazing red. "Maybe.."

"Orbit! Here you are saying that I should go to school, when yet you skip it anyways!" Ria said in frustration.

They started down the winding path toward the city and out of the woods.

"Well actually, sugar, it's your fault I'm missin school!"

"MY fault?!"

"Yup. When mah teachers heard me braggin 'bout goin to get you and bring y'all back here, they dismissed me from my classes til I got back!"

"Orbit! You can't use me as your get-out-of-school-free card!"

"Jist watch me!"

"Ugh! You're so unbelievable sometimes!"

They were about halfway down the hill by now, and Orbit was chattering away once again. Ria tried her best to listen, she did. But Orbits yammering wasn't really that interesting.

"I'm staying with you right?" Ria asked, interrupting Orbit.

"Well a' course, sugar!"

"Okay, thanks. Don't worry, I'll be out as soon as I find my own place."

"Take all the time you need, dahlin!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:47:22 05/12/2011 by lemmingluv
#9 Posted: 03:44:35 06/12/2011
The teacher of Lucien history class sat at her desk looking over the papers they ha turned in. When she looked up, "Ok class, turn to page 214 we will learn more about the starting of the earth elements appearance." she stood up from desk and walked across the front of the room to the podium.

The whole class turned to the pages she instructed to turn to and the room fell silent from the chatter. Lucien was starring out the window trying to think on how he was to get what Clair wanted. "Lucien," he looked up snapping out of his thoughts, "Can you give me the name of the element earth was founded by?"

Lucien was quiet, a dragon sitting next to him raised a paw. "Now now Fernon, give him a chance to answer." the teacher said.

He opened his mouth to answer when the school intercom beeped, "Students, be informed that the holidays are coming and the school board is to have a meeting this Friday after classes. Thank you."

"You were saying Lucien."

Lucien shook his head to think, "Groxu Dre Surtor."

"Good, now please, open your book." she said, "Now class, you are to read this section, write the vocab and answer the assessment questions, as usual I want quiet. Begin."

(Meanwhile)

Clair pounded on the hot metal that glowed red in the tongs that held it to the rod that held it up for mending. Sparks flew up after each hit. The armor instructor walked by, tapping her shoulder, she pause to pull off the goggles, "Yes?"

"May I see what you have done?" he asked.

"Why of course." she pulled up the piece of metal and dipped it in the cooling water before resting it on the stand that had a complete set of shiny armor.

"My my, this is the best set of armor I've seen in..... well ever perhaps." he looked it up and down, "Finished tail plates, molded helm, tight cuffs and gauntlets, and a sturdy body suit. Most definitely the best ever made."

"Now your just saying to be nice." Clair blushed a bit.

"No, this is probably the most perfect set, I can't believe it myself." he continued to inspect the armor, "You most certainly are going to get a strait A+ for this magnificent pics of work."

"Well it wasn't much, really I didn't even finished the right shoulder, I was finishing it before you came over. I'm surprised that no one finished before I did." she lifted the shoulder pics back off the rack and varied it back over to the fire to reheat it.

"You've done remarkably well for a first year armor smith. You could make a lot money off of this set alone. You are exceedingly brilliant with metals. Uh, what did you use for the tail plates?"

"A mix of steel and iron, oh and I think it was pound ball of titanium. Why?" Clair came back.

"It's light, but strong, very durable." he was trying to bend it with his paws, "Mind if I test it?"

"I'm finished with is, so yeah." she answered getting the tools ready again.

"I'll be back." he walked into the other room. Closing the door he put the plate on a table that had a metal top. He pulled up a metal claw of four blades, put it on an arm of a machine that stood next to the table. Adding a bit of electricity, the armor plate was magnetized to the tabletop. Flipping a switch on the other side of the contraption, it hissed and started rumbling. The arm moved, it twisted and the claws contracted and re-extended. Pulling a small lever, he made the arm move out over the armor. Quickly pushing it down, the claws shot down onto the shiny metal. Not bothering the blow, it came out unharmed. "Whoa, even the claws bent." he turned the electric current off. Picking the pics back up he looked it over, then set it back down. He took the claws off that had separated from each other, and tossed it to the side to grab a steel mallet and attached it to the arm. This time without a magnetic hold, he turned up the power and pressed the "destroy" button. The machine beeped and he backed away to watch the swing. The arm with the hammer now attached, came down at a blinding speed. A loud crash sound was heard and the tables lags gave out under the strength of the blow.

He picked up the armor to inspect it, finding there was only a small dent in the spike sector, "Unbelievable, this is stronger than any armor made. How did she make such a perfect piece?" he carried it out of the room, all the class had their sight on him as he came back. Without word he went back to Clair who was hitting the metal again. The teacher set the piece down in front of her to show the results.

"You dented it, was it easy?" Clair asked pulling the goggles up.

"No. It broke the claws that I use to test the armor. Also the table broke under it after I used the rock breaker."

"Wow really? I didn't think it was that good." Clair hit the piece she had one more time, "Finished with this one now. I just need to sine it up." she breathed ice over it and when it was covered in a centimeter's thick of ice, she slammed it against the rod she used to shape it with. Shattering the ice, she lifted it up to show the outer layer wash shaved off and the shiny metal under it matched that of the rest of the armor.

"I believe you just took a three week project down in just five days." he sat.

"Well I did work on it after school and a bit during the lunch period."

"Still, this is impressive. Just do what ever you like till the rest of the class can catch up then." he stood after the short moment of sitting.

Clair sighed and looked at the class seeing they had started working a bit faster. I wonder what Lucien with think of her present when I give him this "perfect" armor. I know should make it gold with blue trim. She ran over to the storage room to grab a few brushes and a bucket of sparkly gold paint, and went back for the blue to begin on the painting process.
---
#10 Posted: 21:13:26 06/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Orbit and Ria had finally made it to the end of the winding trail, at the foot of the hill. The gates to the city lay ahead, and Ria felt a burst of nervous butterflies inside.

A guard peeked cautiously at the approaching dragonesses.

Orbit winked at him. "No worries sugar! It's just lil ole me!" she said flirtatiously.

"Oh! Err..." the guard went red in the face, he was barely older than Orbit himself. "Your friend?"

"Ah yes, this is Ria!"

"The Goldenchild?" the guard asked in awe, taking in Ria's golden scales.

"The one and only!"

"Well actually.." Ria began, but Orbit cut her off.

"Please be a dahlin and let us in? I'm already terribly late for classes, I can't imagine bein any later!"

"Right away Miss Orbit!" the guard said, cranking the gates open.

"Do you flirt with all the boys like that?" Ria whispered, an amused look on her face.

"Don't be silly, only the good lookin ones!" Orbit whispered back, grinning.

"That doesn't mean you get to lie to him!"

Orbit blinked innocently. "I never told one lie in my life!"

"You lied about not wanting to be more late!"

"Oh..that." Orbit burst into a fit of bell-like giggles.
#11 Posted: 01:41:42 08/12/2011
(Wow, I never saw Orbit as one to speak like that(sugar, darlin).Are you waiting for something Lemmingluv?)

Lucien closed his book as he finished the last sentence of his paper. The teacher looked up from her papers, "you've finished. Ok now you can read a little of tomorrow's section for a little." Lucien set his page on the corner of the low laying desk. He returned to his desk and turned a few pages to act as if he was reading, How can I get that lamp? I'd have to work extra at the plant. They need a lot of energy for this city, I wonder. he looked at his right paw as it grew a gold scale and it sparked a quick bolt of electricity. What would they think of me then? After they see me like that, who knows what could happen. the scale vanished back under his white ones.

The bell was ten minutes away, and Lucien was lost in thought about his past and his foster parents. He even thought a little on why Clair hadn't been eating much for lunch. I'll surprise her after school with a meal at her favorite place, the Quary Beef and Lamb. He looked up to the clock on the sand stone wall, only thirty seconds left. He closed his book again, sliding it into his sash he stretched and started walking over to the door.

The bell rang and he pushed the door open, "Lucien, can you stay for a second please?" Lucien stopped at his teachers request.

Walking back through the crowd of dragons heading out of the room, "Yes?"

"I have received word that a new student will be here either today or tomorrow, and since you are my top student, I would like you to keep an eye out for her, if she needs help, I expect you to help."

"Certainly, why wouldn't I? See you tomorrow then." He turned.

"Have a good day, and hey, I've also heard she is the Golden child." She added.

Lucien paused, "The golden what? Are you sure?"

"Very, I believe they said her name was Aethra." she stood up from the papers lain on her wooden desk.

"Interesting, after the past Aethra, the Sun Goddess right?" Lucien blinked slowly as he thought.

"Correct. Don't be late because of me, off with you then." she smiled.

"Right, bye." he ran off out the door. Turning the corner past the door he ran into Gledor, nearly plowing him over. "Oh, I'm sorry... Gledor?"

"Yeah." Gledor looked up.

"What are you doing going this way? You usually don't pass me." it was then he smelled a faint familiar smell. Clair had been close to him, for more than a passing moment. The smell was strongest around Gledor's face.

"Nothing, what I can't walk the halls you do?" Gledor questioned being a bit annoyed and frightened by Lucien's expression.

"I'd rather you not." he said bluntly realizing the event that took place not too long ago, "And I don't want to smell Clair on you like this again." he walked off past him.

"Geez, get over it already. What you saw wasn't what it looked like!" he said turning around to face Lucien.
Lucien shot around and stopped a centimeter from Gledor's nose, "Don't even speak your lies. You can't hide those thoughts from me. You leave her alone or you won't be able to see her or anything else in this world unless it was in your dreams." he let his anger slide a bit too much that one of his eyes had a grey spot building up.

"Hey, what's with your eye?" Gledor had a smug grin.

Lucien closed his eyes and turned away, "None of your business," he growled.

Gledor's smile slipped away, "Alright. Can we go, don't need to be late."

Lucien just walked past him. Gledor looked up from the floor after he left to see Clair, "Cl... Clair," he whispered.

"Well talk latter, he is on to us now." she whispered back.

Gledor noded and turned around to go down the hall, at the T turn, he went the opposite direction of Lucien.

Clair looked after Lucien, then turned to Gledor. He was looking back at her, "See-ya." he said lowly, before walking to a door and going in.

Clair followed Lucien, "Hey bub."

He looked back, the gray spot was still going away, "What happened?" she sounded worried.

"That dragon is getting on my last nerve. I can't stand him." Lucien turned back to walk. There were few dragons left in the hall that passed them.

"He's just trying to,"

"Get to you. I know how they work, the male dragons here only want one thing. Don't fall for it." he snapped.

"And what do you want then?" she came back.

"For you yo have a good choice in who you want to have a life with. He won't do, he can't be trusted."

"You shouldn't have control over my life. You may have hatched a day before me, but that doesn't make you the boss of me." she pressed faster to pass him.

The gray dot flared a bit, almost taking half of his eye this time. He gritted his teach as he felt limp. His vision began to blur, "Clair..." he fainted.
---
#12 Posted: 02:08:17 08/12/2011 | Topic Creator
(yeah, i decided to test out a southern accent with her cuz i was watching a show where everyone talked like that XP and no, i'm just posting slower so cuz ria and orbit aren't going to school until the following day)

Orbit had continued to chat Ria's ear off as they walked through the city. This time it wasn't Ria's fault she wasn't paying attention, she was looking around in wonder. A few memories of the place flashed through her mind, both from her dark times and from right before she left for training.

"...the boys are just so sweet, just wait til ya meet em!" Orbit was saying, her eyes starry. "Whenever I'm carryin my books, they all run up and argue over who should carry them for me!"

"Uh huh? So all the boys are crushing on you huh?" Ria asked with an amused smile. Just like old times...

"Well not all the boys..." Orbit sighed.

Ria tore her eyes away to look into Orbits clouded blue iris's. "Oh? You sound pretty bummed about it, someone you really like?"

Orbit's cheeks reddened a bit as her gaze went far-away. "Not just me sugar, all the girls are just CRAZY 'bout him!" she gushed. "But he don't seem to like any of the girls, the only one he really talks to is his sister."

"Aw, well at least it's not just you he's turning down." Ria sympathized. "What's his name?"

"Lucien~" Orbit sighed his name dreamily. "My goodness, he's soooooo dahlin'! He's got the best magic you'll ever see, he can use all the elements!"

"Ah, a purple dragon! Well of course all the girls are going bonkers for him!" Ria laughed.

"Oh no sugar, he ain't a purple dragon!"

Ria lifted an eyebrow in surprise. "Really? But I thought the only kind that could master all the elements were the purple ones?"

Orbit shook her head firmly. "Apparently not, him and his sis are these special dragons that have these amazin' powers!"

"What kind of dragon are they?"

"Ah shoot, I keep forgettin...something that's kinda like your name."

"Goldenchildren? Impossible."

"No no no, they're not all goldish like you, just their name is sorta the same." Orbit was concentrating. "Ah, it'll come to me."
#13 Posted: 03:44:25 08/12/2011
(Oh, ok. I'll get through the last period.)

The final bell sounded as Lucien awoke in the infirmary of the school. The white bed was stuffed with fluffy fuzz from a sheep's coat. Holding his head he pulled himself up to see the blue nurse turning to the medicine. He looked out the window next to him seeing the school empty out. Many were flying out from the upper floors.

"Your awake!" Clair jumped on him, hugging him hard.

Lucien gasped, "Ahh, can't... breath," tryed to get out.

Clair backed, keeping her right arm on him in case he felt weak again, "Sorry. You were out for the last two periods."

Lucien gained his breath, "Really?"

"Can you get up? Are you able to work?" she asked taking her paw off his shoulder.

"Yeah," he sniffed, "I'll be fine. You seem a bit pushy." Lucien sat up.

"Oh, I was just worried about you is all. You are my only brother after all." she came back down off the bed, though it was only a foot high. She landed softly and turned to Lucien, "We should go. Don't want to get locked in."

"Yea yea, I'm coming." he eased his way off the bed. He winded a bit as he dropped off. They made their way out after speaking with the nurse. The sun was slowly lowering to the mountains. Lucien admired the sun for its power. It burned for years and never dimmens, lighting the universe and bringing the heat needed to live. The sun truly is one amazing thing.
---
#14 Posted: 04:12:32 08/12/2011 | Topic Creator
(aw, you didn't have to rush through!)

Ria and Orbit had spent the afternoon walking around the city. Orbit reintroduced Ria to some of her favorite places, and showed her around some newer stores as well.

Ria glanced over as the sun was slipping out of sight. "Goodnight Apollo." she whispered with a small smile.

"Didja say somethin sugar?" Orbit asked, turning to look at her.

"Er, yeah. It's getting a bit late, think we should head for home?"

"Sure! I know this great little restaurant on the way, you'll simply love it!"

Ria followed nervously. "Will there be others there?"

They had encountered a few dragons during the day, most of which stared at Ria in awe. A few of them dared approach her, they bowed their heads and whispered 'Goddess' respectively before walking away. Ria hadn't really liked the attention, it made her stomach tie up in knots. When people showed her such a deep respect, she felt like she was going to be responsible for their lives.

She was. She did know that, she didn't like to be reminded though.

Ria often thought that destiny had made a mistake with her, that her scales had been meant to be a dimmer yellow, that she was supposed to be an electric dragon of sorts. She kept this opinion to herself though, afterall, how would her people look at her if they knew she didn't think she was able to protect them?

"Well a' course there will be!" Orbit giggled. "Y'all gotta stop bein' so shy!"

"Shy isn't the word I would use..." Ria mumbled.

They approached a littler building with a glittering sign that read The Silver Dragon. Ria looked up at the sign and tilted her head.

"I thought you and your family were the only Galaxy dragons in this part?" Ria asked.

"Oh we are, it's just owned by a family of Wind dragons, I guess there kinda silver." Orbit clarified, pushing open the door. "Well c'mon now!"

Ria took a deep breath and followed Orbit in, her eyes instantly downcast. She took a seat at a table, her back toward the door and everyone else.

She could still feel the stares on the back of her head.

Orbit took the seat across from her, glad to be facing the doors and everyone else in the restaurant. That way if anyone came in, she could smile and wave.

A short grey dragoness came scurrying over to their table. "Welcome to the Silver Dragon, are you ready to order?" she asked in a high, bubbly voice.

"Not yet sugar!" Orbit grinned.

"But you always get the same thing Orbit!" the dragoness laughed.

"Yes Laurie dahlin, but my friend here don't know the menu!"

"Oh my gosh!" Laurie said, looking at Ria. "I'm so sorry, I'll go fetch you a menu now!" With that she dashed off for the kitchen.

"Is she always so..." Ria was at a loss for the right word.

"Scatterbrained?" Orbit finished. "Yes, but she is a real kind soul, you'll see!"

Laurie came back and Ria decided on just ordering a salad, while Orbit ordered a sirloin steak with gravy.

"Hey..." Laurie said, squinting at Ria. "You're that Goldenchild aren't you, Aethra?"

"Yes, but I'd prefer it if you'd call me Ria..." she said uncomfortably.

"Hey, no problemo!" Laurie said with a smile. "Welcome back!"

As Laurie dashed back to the kitchen to give the orders, Ria looked up at Orbit.

"Well you're right! She is very kind!" Ria said with a smile.

"What did I tell ya sug'? I have a knack of knowin these things!" Orbit said with a big grin.
#15 Posted: 02:34:54 09/12/2011
(Oh, I couldn't really think of much to do at the time, but I just got an idea)

Lucien and Clair walked to their rundown cabin in the woods outside the town walls. Clair opened the door allowing Lucien in first. Lucien wasn't expected to be at work for another hour. He dropped his sash off by the door and fell on the living room couch, "Have you found a place to work yet?" he asked.

"Not yet, but i thought i saw a sign on The Silver Dragon's window that said they needed someone. I think I'll check it out tomorrow." she replied laying next to the fireplace. She started the fire and pulled up an old looking book that read The Power of Wind.

"Good, its a start i guess. Better a chance than nothing." Lucien rested on the couch, not bothering to sit up. For a while it was quiet, the wind whistling through the windowsill was all that could be heard. Minute passed, the fire burned and Clair fell asleep. Lucien got up and went to the kitchen area, pulled out a wrapped sack of meat. It was sliced, thick, juicy, and a bit tender. Their was a this smell of honey and garlic. Taking a slice he layed it on a metal surface, under it was a second fireplace which he lit. After two minute of waiting, the meat began to sizzle, the smell grew thicker and warm. The juice ran out and boiled till evaporation, at this point Lucien flipped it showing a dark brown cooked bottom. The aroma was a perfect blend of the ingredients, it was a great smell, one that anyone would follow. When the meat was ready he layed it on a plate big enough to hold it, he then let it cool as he stepped outside to sit in the lowering sun. Its warmth was very comforting. Though all the stress of a day can be soaked away by the sun's rays of light. Taking some of the energy the sun provided for the planet. He went back inside to see Clair had passed out, he smiled to himself as he bookmarked the page she had it opened to and placed it on a stand next to the couch. He came back to the kitchen to eat his cooked meat before going out to the city.

After re-entering the gates he flew up toward the power plant. Using the extra energy the electric dragons had to power the cities manufacturers and house appliances, Lucien joined because the city was full of taken jobs. He would rather hold one job then go out looking for a better provider.

The plant stood as high as any building, and had the same wall structure as anyone of the houses in the area. Lucien entered through the front door, passing the clerk at the desk, went into the body of the building to see several other electric dragons standing in their sections producing the electroshocks they used to power the energy cells around them. Some other electric dragons rested, and the other were in little stations where it was like target practice, targeting hypercoils down a range. Lucien walked to a bird, touching his name he pulsed his energy through it. His name lit up and some gears turned. They cranked each other and disappeared under a layer of unbroken wall.

Lucien made his way to one of the station rooms. Taking a deep breath, his claws sparked bolts of electricity, "Well, one couldn't hurt," he looked around for anyone who was watching. Finding no one he let a golden light consume his eye, glowing bright with energy. His scales were soon covered with bigger golden scales, under the scales his muscle tone grew, his size changed drastically. Being three times larger than he was, his energy spiked and topped any scale that could have been monitoring him. His scales began sparking bigger bolts of electricity, they jumped from scale to scale or just off his body. Some of the sparks reached out to the lightning rods and the generators, but died close to them. Lucien was thick with electricity, he was ready to fire his pulse. Letting loose his charge, there was a burst of electricity, not a wave. Bolts of electricity, bigger than his tail, shot through the air in multiple directions. He overcharged all but one cell, the overcharged ones blew up. The dark ash covered cells hung on small strings. The one that withstood the voltage was full, the needle was waving ferociously at the full side, even the glass over the meter was cracked.

"How am I going to explain this?" he said reforming white and small.

Pulling the cell out of the charging spot, the next one came up from behind it to take its place. Lifting it high with his tail, Lucien varied the cell out to the storage room to put it away. He came out to see someone else in the station he was just in, "Uh-oh. He walked over to see it was the company manager. The yellow dragon was quite tall, standing over Lucien if they talked.

"Excuse me, do you know who was in here?" he stopped Lucien from walking by.

"I was sir. Why, did i do something wrong?" Lucien said a bit shyly.

"Well, you seem to have the ability to over charge nineteen cells and put up a volt rate of 3703 volts. That is more than average, way more. Are you an electric?" the bright dragon had a higher pitch of voice than he looked.

"No sir I'm not. I," he started. "I can't really talk about it, I've drawn enough attention as it is." Lucien looked off.

"Would you like to talk about it? We can go to my office if you need privacy." He dropped an electronic chart that just dangled under his neck.

Lucien thought for a second and nodded his head slowly, then a bit faster, "Yeah, I might as well."

"Good lad, now come on," he jumped up to fly to an upper floor. The railing was worn but it held the side of the walkway still.

Lucien wasn't too far behind. He landed with a rattle of the metal walkway. The vibrations went down the poles and slowly dwindled to a low hum after a few wires.

"Well, are you coming?" he asked opening the office door. The writing read Mr. Imgret.

"Oh, yes sir." Lucien followed him in.

They entered the room, it was at least ten yards back and seven yards wide. The yellow manager went behind his desk taking the pad off his neck. Gesturing for Lucien to sit at the chare across the desk.

Lucien jumped up to the chare and sat on the soft leather surface, which was padded with sheep fur, "You see, I am not like normal dragons, nor am I like the purple dragons. I am of a different species, I have the ability to manipulate any element I want, but not in my current form."

"So, your unique?"

Wanting only himself to be noticed at the time he protected his sister's abilities, "I guess yeah."

"And you have more than one form?" he pushed himself up to lean over the desk.

"Yes, in my alternate form, I am bigger, stronger, and much faster. My power over the elements are boosted high, as you've seen in the pulse generator rooms." he looked about the room with his eyes.

"This other form, would you say is bigger than me?"

"Most likely, I'm not sure what will happen when I an originally your height."

The yellow dragon pulled back, his underside was a faded lime-green, claws black, and his wing membrane was bluntly the color of his over scales. "Well, I think its nothing to hide. You know what, I think at this rate you should be in the high ranks. Bigger pay, more energy to let loose and all the free time you need. Sound good to you?"

Lucien smiled, "That's sounds great. When does it start?"

"Whenever you feel your ready." he sat up a bit straighter.

"I think I'll start tomorrow then, thank you." he jumped down out of the chare. Things look better already, what could possibly make it better. then he remembered Gledor, and Clair and his fight. Well better than it has been he thought as he disengaged his sign in, shocking his name again, the gears stopped.

He walked out waving to his boss and he disengaged his sign in, shocking his name again, the gears stopped. He glided to the main entrance. Walking calmly thought the door, he started running through the dimming streets, cheating in his head.
---
#16 Posted: 02:54:07 09/12/2011
(^It was suppose yo say cheering, not cheating. It wouldn't let me edit saying : the text is 100 over the limit.)
---
#17 Posted: 04:41:18 09/12/2011 | Topic Creator
(that's okay smilie)

While the two friends ate, Laurie had come over every few minutes to chat for a bit. Ria found out that Laurie absolutely loved art, and she wasn't anywhere without some sort of scrap piece of paper and a pencil so she could jot down an idea or draw a quick picture. She seemed to have a terrible time remembering small details as well, which was exactly why she had just rushed off, she almost forgot to give the bill to some customers.

Ria blinked in surprise. "Woah..." she said, a piece of lettuce dropping from her teeth as her mouth hung open.

"What?" Orbit asked, her muzzle smeared with gravy. "Do I got a lil somethin on me?"

"Er, yes, but that's not what..." Ria trailed off, her head tilting.

"WELL WHAT IS IT?!" Orbit demanded, getting impatient as she wiped her face.

"I just sensed something weird, a strange burst of energy not too far from here..." Ria said.

"I'm sure it was nothin sugar, there's all kinds a' weird energies here you won't be used to." Orbit said, her voice a bit muffled from the amount of meat she'd shoved in her mouth. "Don't worry dahlin', you won't even notice the energy anymore after a couple a' months!"

Ria tilted her head again, the other way this time. "The source died down, but if I'm correct...it's headed this way."

She looked over her shoulder at the window of the Silver Dragon. Unfortunately, from the glare of the lights she couldn't see out. Frustrated, she squinted and stared, trying to see the twilight streets, to see anyone who might be approaching.

(just so you know, perfect opportunity for Lucien to see Ria, but she won't see him XP)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:44:41 09/12/2011 by lemmingluv
#18 Posted: 01:53:13 10/12/2011
(Yeah, I was going to have him go through that area to check out the sign Claims had seen)

Lucien's joy was a little embarrassing, but he didn't care, Maybe I should see this sign Clair had mentioned to be sure she had her chance. he ran through the almost empty streets past the local deli on the corner of the restaurant road. Where he zoomed by most of the food places. He slowed to a stop when he came to The Silver Dragon. Looking by the door there was the window placed sign, Help Wanted. He smiled to himself, Yes, now, if only she can get to it first. He was starting to walk off when he caught a single glimpse of something gold. He stopped right before he took off, and looked back through the window. Seeing a vibrantly golden female sitting across from a dim but still flashy pinkish purple dragon, Orbit, and the new girl I'm guessing. He couldn't understand why she was such a bright color, she didn't have the energy of an electric dragon, nor was it of ordinary fire. He felt like he knew this dragoness from somewhere, but didn't recognize her. Realizing she was looked at him he shook his head to snap out of his fixated trance on the bright girl and walked on. Taking one last glance he ran off.

Passing through the gates he flew back over the trees that hid the cabin, dropped down and wafted past the trees to land in front of the door. Pushing it open he walked in quietly and sneaked by his sleeping sister to his room to jump onto the bed. Smiling happily and wondering the golden girls name he fell asleep.

In his dream he met some of his ancestors. The golden dragons towered over him if they stood close.

"What's this, I can control myself regularly. Who are you, and can you tell what's going on." Lucien's vision circled to see there were five golden dragons in the white area, no walls could be seen.

"You are asleep and now you can train. You need to learn of your ancestors past, and how to defend yourself the way they did, with mastering the abilities you hold. You will become the ultimate fighter." one of the golden dragons stepped toward him. Lifting an upturned paw, he reached for Lucien, "Take it and join us to protect the world you live in."

"And Clair, is she training too." Lucien looked at the dragons paw then to him.

"Aye, she has been for a few days. We couldn't locate you, we didn't expect you to be so close." he kept his paw out.

Lucien thought about this offer, "Will it be when I sleep only?"

"Only when you feel it necessary, you can call on us to aid you in your life. The life of a Golden God is one of great nobility, you are one of two remaining Golden Gods. Your once true home is high above the ground you walk on, higher than the trees you fly over. A place of true beauty, but was destroyed buy one of our own kind. Is this enough to convince you to train to fight, to protect, to live, and possibly to love."

Lucien paused before asking, "Who did this to us?"

"You may learn when you train." He said leaning in a bit.

"If Clair has accepted, then I will take you up on this offer." Lucien took the dragon's paw, a surge of energy forced Lucien to grow and turn gold, his vision changed to see the dragons in a different way, what was invisible in the area was now seen, he could see the energy in each dragon, the colors of their energy stuck together making it a thick blue. He could feel his energy bulge and pulse rapidly, it was hard for him to feel the paw in his paw, the energy flow was still very strong.

"What's going on?" his now deeper voice was hard and thick.(if you've ever played Halo 2-3, its similar to the arbiter's voice)

"You are a great worrier, you have the talent, you just need to learn how to use your powers to the maximum of your abilities." he said still gripping tightly on Lucien's paw.

Lucien's muscular tone sharpened and bumped up. "If this is what Clair felt, she could have killed me if she wanted."

The dragon leaned in, "I am Lucrus (Luke-rus)your father."

Lucien looked up in shock, trembling eyes as he looked upon the energy this dragon that declares himself his father, "M....my father?" his eyes watered right before he could speak.

"I know it's a lot to take in at once." he let go of Lucien's paw.

The energy flow seized when they let go, "And Clair knew?" he dropped his paw to the now grass-like ground.

"No, she has no idea. You can tell her that it is your mother who is teaching her. If you want that is."

"I'd rather you both tell her." Lucien wiped his eye clear.

"It will be noted. But you must begin soon, or you life may be in danger. The killer of our kind still lives and he is in control of another world, beyond the seas around you." Lucrus said turning to the other four dragons, "You may take it from here."
---
#19 Posted: 17:33:05 10/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ria squinted. "Huh?" she murmured. She could have sworn she saw a flash of white beyond the glare of the window, but it seemed it was gone now.

"What is it sugar?" Orbit asked, having only a bone left on her plate.

"Nothing, I just thought I saw something..." Ria said, slowly turning back to face Orbit.

"Ah well, that's another thing about this place, it likes to play tricks on ya." Orbit replied as she placed some gold on the table to cover their meal.

"I'm guessing it's from all the magic being in one place from all the dragons...magic running free to do what it wants."

"Sure...we'll go with that."

The pair hopped up from their table and headed out. Ria was compelled to look down the street and saw yet another flash of white, disappearing through the city gates. She felt the immense energy slipping away after, that had been the source.

For some strange reason, Ria had the strangest urge that she had to follow, and she almost did.

Orbit tapped her shoulder. "Homes this way dahlin'!" she said. "That way is the forest, but I guess if you wanna you can go sleep with wolves and who knows what else..."

"Oh! Right, sorry!" Ria said sheepishly, following Orbit as she led the way to her home.

When the arrived, Orbit pushed open the door with a flourish. It had multicolored lights hanging from the walls, giving a dim glow to the main room. The carpeting was a perfect blend of sky blue and royal purple. A few couches were in the room, obviously meant for when Orbit invited many people over.

"You like it sugar?" Orbit asked, flipping a switch. The regular light came on.

"It's beautiful!" Ria smiled.

"Then wait til you see your room!" Orbit said with a grin.

She led Ria to a door that was painted the color of the sunset, and gestured toward it. Ria smiled and nervously opened the door.

Inside, the walls were painted to mimic a sunrise on the east wall, a sunset on the west wall, and the ceiling looked like high noon. The best part was that all the different times of day blended together so it didn't look weird.

"Oh my gosh, it's perfect!" Ria exclaimed, hugging Orbit.

"I know." Orbit said with a proud grin.

"Can I see your room?" Ria asked. She stopped to yawn for a long time.

Orbit laughed. "Maybe tomorrow, you gotta get some sleep kidlet!"

"I'm not a kid..." Ria said sleepily as she entered her room.

"Course yer not." Orbit said with a small smile, closing her door.

The room went black as Ria laid down in her bed. It was a simple bundle of pillows and blankets on the floor. Just the way she liked it.

Ria's drowsy eyes were slowly closing slowly, but just before they did, she was aware of the very slight glow coming off of her scales. The glow always came from her, but it was much much harder to see during the day, and most dragons didn't have strong enough eyes.

As she slipped into dormancy, Ria wondered what the white flash was. Dragons scales were never white. Or are they? she thought, remembering what Orbit said about the dragon all the girls crushed on. He's not purple, but he has the powers of the elements...how does...that...work... She yawned again. A dragon of white scales...could it be him?

~

She dreamed she was in a dark place, a white-ish fog in the area. Ria knew exactly what was going on.

"Show yourself Carolina!" she yelled fiercely, watching all around her.

A dark chuckle filled the air. If you insist apprentice.

Part of the fog breezed and moved, forming Carolina's dark shape. A very dark gold glow emanated from her shadowed figure.

"I'm not your apprentice."

You were once, you can be again.

"I will never. You used me to get what you wanted, you are not to be trusted." Ria said, glaring. Her own gold glow brightened.

Shadaria, stop this nonsense. Do not betray me for these lower beings. You and I are practically family.

"My name is not Shadaria, it's not Aethra either. Just Ria." she spat. "Just because you and I are of the same kind, doesn't mean we are anything alike. And those lower beings are my people, they will support me to no end, unlike you!"

You and I, we were destined from the beginning to end the cycle that Apollo laid out for us! Carolina declared. I knew that from hatching, I just had to behave until your egg came, then we could conquer this world! But those stupid dragons thought they could help by sending your egg to this pitiful time, to aid the purple dragon who in turn would protect you. They should have known better than to tamper with destiny!

"You are not in charge of my destiny!" Ria screamed. "Only I am! You pushed your destiny away, disgraced those you were supposed to be the successor to!"

Carolina ghosted so she was inches from Ria's face. Be glad this is only the Dream Realm. If this was the real world, I would have killed you seven times over. I'm coming for you Goddess Aethra. Don't think that silly spell that your rebel friends cast on me is going to slow me down for much longer.

Ria tried to blast Sunlight through Carolina, an arraying spectrum of golds and whites mixed in a lethal blow. Alas, Carolina was not truly here, so it moved right through her shadow body.

Carolina smirked. That the best you got? I could do three times better when I was seven. I know where you are Goddess, and I have just discovered what your biggest weakness will be. Don't sweat it though, you have no idea about it yet.

~

Ria woke in a cold sweat, shaking in terror. What will this weakness be? she thought over and over. She explored every possibility, but just couldn't think of it.

"I can't sleep, not again..." she murmured to herself. She silently left the house and flew out of the city.

She found herself in the arms of a tall tree, one of the tallest in the forest. It wasn't too far from the city itself. She laid on a thick branch and stared at the ink-black sky, a tear sliding down her face. How was she supposed to protect these dragons when her enemy knew her weakness and she didn't?
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#20 Posted: 02:50:12 11/12/2011
Wow this is really good
---
Why am I back
#21 Posted: 04:28:55 11/12/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you cynder134! smilie
#22 Posted: 17:49:48 14/12/2011
Clair lifted one eye, I feel a strange presence, but it is familiar too. she opened her other eye to see the fire had burned out.

She raised her head to look out the window to see dim stars on a black background. Standing up and yawning she stretched and walked to the door. Opening it to the sound of crickets chirping and wind blowing, the smell of an unknown dragon near by. Following the sent to a tree, "Is this the source?" she looked over the tree. Clair's sight altered to see the life force of the tree and the ants that were crawling over the trunk and ground. The wind whistled through the leaves, but there was a small disturbance in wind flow, Third branch up.

Lucien twitched in his dreaming/training. "You must learn to control more than one element at a time. Use other paws for alternate effects." the dragon dodged attack after attack with ease, "Follow your opponents moves, otherwise," he gripped Lucien's arm tossing over on his back and backflipping to pin him, "They get you. You may be a great fighter out there, but in all of your own kind, you are the lowest of the ranks." he got up off of him.

Lucien stood up looking to his father and feeling embarrassment he hid his fear, "Let's go again. Lucien said backing away to be ready.

The other dragon got ready as well, crouching down a bit. Lucien, this time swong down. Dodging the swing, the dragon came up with a paw, knocking Lucien up. Lucien caught himself, twisting to land. Upon landing, he spun, flat edging the dragon with his tail.

"You finally get a decent hit. But it wasn't exactly a helpful one." he readjusted his head from the hit.

"It would have been worse if I had hooked you, I could have done way more." Lucien said as he flipped his tail around then faced him.

"You should have shown us your best so that we could improve on it. Don't hide such things, we need to know you limits." he explained.

Lucien felt really angered that they hadn't told him before, "It would have gone better if you had told me that part first."

"Yes, but you should have known to try, or do your best." Lucien's father said stepping in between them, "You have a long road of training ahead, some abilities will come to you from other ancestors, even in your world they can teach you. But now we have seen a minimum of your power, you may rest, and tomorrow. You energy level will be higher from now on. Now, get some real sleep." he put his paw on Lucien's shoulder, and the visual faded to black.

"Wait!" Lucien yelled as he won up. Looking to see he was in bed still. A tear formed, "Bye... dad." he whispered.

Clair had just turned her vision to energy seeker when she heard Lucien's yell. She looked toward the cabin seeing Lucien sitting up in his bed looking down.

Clair saw nothing wrong with his energy except that it was stronger than usual, "They found him I see. Back to what I was looking for," she looked back up toward the tree, "Hello?" she asked seeing an odd form of energy atop the thick branch.
---
#23 Posted: 22:15:51 14/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ria almost fell from the tree from her surprise. Someone was at the bottom of the tree, calling up to her.

Orbit? she thought. Naw, she would have caught up to me before I got to the tree... Could it be danger? Has Carolina found me already? Guess I'll find out. If it IS Carolina, she's in for a world of pain!

Slowly, Ria climbed down from the tree, shivering a bit as she did so. Just in case, she had her magic ready in case there was an attacker or Carolina lurking. The nights breeze was starting to get to her. She gingerly reached for the ground, and soon had all fours in the grass. She looked up from the ground to see the dragon who had been calling to her.

Ria blinked in surprise when she saw Clair. Her scales are..white? she thought in surprise. Was this the same flash of white she'd saw outside of the Silver Dragon? Hadn't Orbit mentioned something about white dragons? For some reason, Ria just couldn't remember. Maybe because she was so sleepy.

"Oh, h-hello." she greeted, her eyes still a bit red-rimmed from crying. "I'm terribly sorry, is this your tree? I was just looking for a place to wait out the night."
#24 Posted: 03:59:53 15/12/2011
"Oh, no. I live with my brother," her eyes changed back to their bright green. The cool wind didn't have a big effect on Clair's warm scales.

Lucien got down from his bed and walked to the living room. See Clair wasn't there he checked her room which was next to his, "Clair?" he edged the door. Squeeking open to see she wasn't there ether, "She must be out." he closed the door.
---
#25 Posted: 04:17:42 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"You're brother?" Ria asked, something clicking. "Oh! I think I've heard of you guys, your the ones who use all the elements right? Sorry, that sounds a bit stalkerish, my friend was telling me about all of the interesting dragons in the area and she mentioned you guys."

Wow, great first impression Ria. she thought to herself, gritting her teeth. She tended to babble idiotically at the most inconvenient moments. She probably thinks you're a complete weirdo, good job.
#26 Posted: 13:32:33 15/12/2011
"Well, you heard right. I just don't see why me and Lucien are the only ones left of our kind." she looked off, Why do I bring that up? Why does it matter to these dragons. Wait, why is she... gold? she had only seen two gold dragons before, herself and Lucien, but that was only cause they had been bad at making friends.

Lucien pushed through the door to go outside, the cricket chirps were louder out here, I shouldn't call for her she could be in town or hunting. he altered his vision to look through the twin to see if she had gone there. Narrowing the possibilities to his own kind, she wasn't there.
---
#27 Posted: 16:39:45 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"What kind are you are you exactly? The only dragons I've ever heard to control all the elements are the purple ones..but you're not purple." Ria mused. "And, I've never seen a white dragon either."

Ria sat in the grass and looked up at the sky for a moment. "How have I never seen nor heard of you?"
#28 Posted: 20:10:58 15/12/2011
"Well, by our knowledge, you haven't seen us cause me and my brother are the last of our kind. Also, our kind lived high in the clouds. I believe we were called the Golden Gods." She sat as well, "From what I was told by our ancestors, we were sent down here to protect us from someone. We haven't learned his name yet, but we know there is one other gold dragon, like us, but he is much older, so his form can never be white like us, again. You aren't the only gold colored dragon on the planet." she said vearing off as she tried to remember.

Looking through her thoughts on the subject she realized she had just told a life story to someone she didn't even know, "I've said enough, I don't even know your name, and I've never seen you before." Clair said with a small grin.

Lucien gave up on looking through the city and he turned to the forest. He turned his scan to see all dragons that were within the range of his sight. The blue ora of Clair's energy was spotted next to the tree, indicated by the frame of the trees bark. Just to the left of his visual on her was a glowing bright yellow ora, not like the other dragons which were blue as his and Clairs were. This power seemed to have an ora as strong as the sun itself. "What the...?" he walked toward them. Stepping to the side of the few trees that would block any normal vision to turn his sight back to the original color sight. The moon gave a small hue of a bright blue luminescence, "Clair?" he asked in sort of a call.
---
#29 Posted: 05:54:44 16/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ria slapped her forehead. "Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners tonight? I'm Ria the Goldenchild, it's very nice to meet you!" she said, dipping her head slightly as she spread her wings in a bit of a bow.

Her scales tingled a bit from the wind again, but this time her magic had her back, warming her from the inside out. The only downside was that this made the dim glow of her scales a tad brighter.

A Golden God hmm? I wonder why there're only a few of them left, especially if they live in such a glorious place as the clouds? Ria pondered to herself. She was so lost in thought and introducing herself, she didn't even hear Lucien.
#30 Posted: 16:43:24 16/12/2011
Clair looked to Lucien as Ria bowed, "Well I'm Clair." looking back to her, Why is she bowing to me? Is she honoring me? I guess I should bow too. Mimicking the bow she came up, "This is my brother." she pointed to Lucien.

Lucien was shocked that she would just up and say it, Wait, that's the same dragon I saw at The Silver Dragon. Her gold scales were a dim glowing yellow in the low moonlight. "Umm, yes hi." he said stepping away from the tree.
---
#31 Posted: 18:19:32 16/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ria's head swiveled as she looked at Lucien. "O-oh, hello!" Ria said, stuttering slightly as she greeted him. It took all of her will power to keep her cheeks from flushing pink, for this she thanked the chill of the wind.

"It's very nice to meet you both." she said, her tail lifting a bit. His scales are white too, incredible! One day back and I've already seen so much...

"So you guys are Golden Gods? Pretty cool name if you ask me, but you guys are white? How does that work?"
#32 Posted: 06:13:00 17/12/2011
"It's a an age thing. When we reach a certain age, our scales turn gold, and stay that way. So we're only white for our young ages." Clair said being more chaty.

Lucien walked over, "But we don't think it will happen to us for a while. And I guess it's a good name, we usually tend to ourselves, but when opportunity shows, we use it." he stopped realizing he was going off subject. Shaking his head, "Why are you out here, in a tree?" he held back any love related feelings, he didn't want to be too forward with such things(another moment in which Lucien is a dragon me).
---
#33 Posted: 15:47:01 17/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"Oh cool!" Ria said. Then she looked up at the tree that she'd just come down from. "Oh, that. Um, I just couldn't sleep. I'd had a terrible nightmare, so I came out here to wait for morning."

She quickly rubbed her eyes to make sure that she didn't still have tear streaks on her face. "Sorry if I disturbed your sleep..." she said, shyly glancing at Lucien.
#34 Posted: 16:25:53 17/12/2011
"No, you weren't a bother. We rarely sleep anyhow." Lucien stepped closer. The ground seemed so soft at night or was it his feelings making him feel very light.

Clair looked at Lucien as he spoke but looked back to Ria, "Its how our energy works, we sleep for a night and we're up for three days. What ever rest we got would have us up til tomorrow night, so I guess about twenty-one hours. Need company?" she offered.
---
#35 Posted: 23:14:18 17/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"Wow." Ria blinked. "You guys are pretty lucky! Company would be nice, but I wouldn't want to impose or anything..." She gave a little shrug of her shoulders, a sheepish smile on her face.
#36 Posted: 00:13:27 18/12/2011
nice so far
wonder why no ones reading this!
#37 Posted: 00:55:05 18/12/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you daimond smilie
i dunno, maybe they are reading but just not commenting? oh well, it's still fun to write smilie
#38 Posted: 07:03:38 18/12/2011
Lucien shook his head, "No, we don't mind. You could use Clair's room." he looked at Clair and nodded.

Clair smiled with a nod, "Yeah, you could even try some of Lucien cooking. He's really good with steaks," she licked her lips.

"Oh, stop bragging for me." he joked. "Our door is open whenever you need it."

Clair walked toward him, "Homes this way, if you want to come."
---
#39 Posted: 07:19:21 18/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ria smiled gratefully, trotting after Clair. "Well...thank you very much." she said, a small smile on her face. "I should only stay til sunrise though, Orbit will be worried if she wakes up and I'm not there."
#40 Posted: 03:39:02 20/12/2011
Lucien was the first to turn toward the cabin, "Around here," he passed the tree.

Clair stayed behind Ria so she would get left behind, "Alright, oh, I forgot to ask if you were hungry. Are you?" she trotted up next to her.

Lucien walked past the tree to wait on the other side, Why does she seem so familiar. Besides earlier, I recognize her from somewhere.
---
#41 Posted: 03:43:43 20/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"Naw, I had a nice dinner earlier at the Silver Dragon." Ria smiled as she trotted along. "Thank you anyways though! You wouldn't happen to have something to drink though would you?"
#42 Posted: 00:55:14 21/12/2011
"We've been working on making a new tea, but we have the original." Clair replied, "But there is a running river just out by our house.

Lucien nodded, "Its just over there if you need it." He pushed open the door and waited for the others.
---
#43 Posted: 00:57:39 21/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"Aw what the heck, I can wait." Ria shrugged with a smile. She headed to the door and peeked her head in, looking around. "It's so cozy!"
#44 Posted: 04:09:04 21/12/2011
"If you call a rotting pile of logs with small space and a more luxurious inside cozy, go ahead." Lucien stepped in. Dusting off the couch a bit he picked up a few stray leaves and tossed them into the fireplace.

Clair walked to Ria, "He jokes a lot when new people are around." She leaned in, "Or if he likes that person." she smiled walking in after him. Lighting a few candles and the only energy use light that hung from the ceiling in the main/living room.

Clair, I can hear you. Lucien thought, as he went into the kitchen, "This would be the area you would go for previsions, aka: food or drinks." he set a larger candle on the island(the kitchen table used for storing items so they aren't too far from the sink, stove, or dishwasher. Also good for preparing meals; basically a separate counter) as to light the whole room with the same dim glow.

The carpeting in the main/living room was a dark red, thick and soft. The couch was a mix of colors that made various shapes, mostly flowers and leaves(like my couches).
---
#45 Posted: 01:55:53 22/12/2011 | Topic Creator
i've got an island in my house too!

-

Ria's cheeks had gone a bit pink at Clair's comment, but she followed into the house. She smiled a bit, loving how homey it was. She walked over to the carpet and felt it under her claws.

"Wow, this is niiice~" she mused, stretching out a bit.
#46 Posted: 02:36:33 22/12/2011
"Yeah, our foster parents passed it to us instead of their own kids, but they didn't want to live here so it was fine. To bad for them huh?" Clair closed the door and stepped toward her own door. "This is my room, its not much, but hey it beats sitting in a tree."

Lucien came out of the kitchen, and restarted the fire after laying four new logs in it.
---
#47 Posted: 02:38:16 22/12/2011 | Topic Creator
"Hey now, just cuz I was in a tree doesn't mean I don't have a room!" Ria laughed, walking over to Clairs room.
#48 Posted: 02:47:28 22/12/2011
Clair opened her door to show a wide canopied bed, mainly red, but the sheets were green. The window was on the left of the room, but the curtains covered the view. "Well, why exactly, then, where you in the tree?" she stepped in turning toward her.
---
#49 Posted: 02:48:53 22/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Wow, not bad! Ria thought, looking around the room. "Oh...well I had a bad dream, so I flew out here. I don't really want to fall back asleep after that..."
#50 Posted: 03:03:04 22/12/2011
"oh, ok. So it would be useless to let ulyou lay on the bed now wouldn't it?" she gigled.

Lucien layed by the fire, I think I should train more, but I'm not tired. Hmm.
---
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me