Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Different Evil Guy? [CLOSED]
flyleaf Green Sparx Gems: 143
#1 Posted: 23:15:03 01/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, I thought that Magnor or what ever was kinda lame at the end. In fact, the only opposition I ever really liked was Cynder. So, If you could make a new villian for Spyro to face, who would it be? Or what powers would you give the current villans to make them more challenging/threatening?
---
Just keep looking awesome...
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#2 Posted: 14:22:05 02/12/2011
Malefor was ridiculously lame. I wanted to see Dark Cynder come back. Malefor (lacking a body of his own) would posses her in the hopes of stealing Spyro's body during the battle (and he would, which would mean Cynder would have to fight Spyro, bringing the story full circle and actually redeeming her as a character). Alas, it wasn't meant to be.
Dark_Spyro999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4713
#3 Posted: 19:37:34 02/12/2011
Quote: Razz
Malefor was ridiculously lame. I wanted to see Dark Cynder come back. Malefor (lacking a body of his own) would posses her in the hopes of stealing Spyro's body during the battle (and he would, which would mean Cynder would have to fight Spyro, bringing the story full circle and actually redeeming her as a character). Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

That.....is brilliant....

Oh well.
---
I is ded
#4 Posted: 21:13:12 02/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, That would have been great to see Cynder fight Spyro. But that would kinda ruin Co-op.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#5 Posted: 22:46:53 02/12/2011
Quote: flyleaf
Yeah, That would have been great to see Cynder fight Spyro. But that would kinda ruin Co-op.

Not really if it was going to be the ending. Perhaps it would have made the boss difficult to not have co-op.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6 Posted: 23:05:40 02/12/2011
Malefor had the potential to be something good, only for that idea to be smashed into a billion pieces that hurt to step on with bare feet.
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#7 Posted: 11:39:10 03/12/2011
At the very least I expected something like dragon Maleficent- I mean, you don't build-up a villain for two years only to have him be just like anyother villain.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 13:32:27 03/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Really, I figured that the guy who could get the Destroyer's fat butt out of a volcano and make him walk in a circle would be more intimidating.
Instead we got the gargling, lack-lustered dragon smilie
---
#9 Posted: 15:43:22 03/12/2011
Now you guys know part of why I really hate DotD. smilie The way ANB/TEN was building things up, DotD should have been awesome. But no. We got the dumbest villain I have ever seen. Kaos can outsmart Malefor any day and the only reason Malefor's schemes worked at all is because his nemesis (at least in DotD) were every bit as stupid as he is.
#10 Posted: 17:04:24 03/12/2011 | Topic Creator
^Oh, I totally agree...Spyro was just a depressing emo dude with his negative, monatone girlfriend Cynder.
What would have been REALLY awesome is that at the end you could play Dark Spyro AND Dark Cynder, that would have been so freaking cool.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#11 Posted: 18:36:58 03/12/2011
I agree, playing a Dark Spyro AND Dark Cynder at the end would have been amazing.

In fact, had Sparx been there, they could have implemented that easily - Sparx is knocked back, assumed dead (perhaps taking a powerful blow for Cynder?) and the pair enter their dark forms to battle Malefor.

Or indeed, Cynder battling against Dark Spyro too.

I really believe fans have come up with a better ending for this game, and that's a first for me.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#12 Posted: 20:35:06 03/12/2011 | Topic Creator
That's why I believe that the developers should run the story ideas by a focus group of teenages for a better esitimate on it's popularity smilie
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#13 Posted: 20:40:56 03/12/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
I agree, playing a Dark Spyro AND Dark Cynder at the end would have been amazing.

In fact, had Sparx been there, they could have implemented that easily - Sparx is knocked back, assumed dead (perhaps taking a powerful blow for Cynder?) and the pair enter their dark forms to battle Malefor.

I really believe fans have come up with a better ending for this game, and that's a first for me.

[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#14 Posted: 21:44:09 03/12/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: RadSpyro

[User Posted Image]

- - -

Can't see the image, what magic spell have you cast over it?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#15 Posted: 01:20:32 04/12/2011
Argh, couldn't be arsed fixing it. smilie

The caption in it was "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY RUPEES!"
---
#16 Posted: 23:39:26 04/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Aren't rupees from Zelda games?
---
Flammenwolf Ripto Gems: 10
#17 Posted: 00:37:20 05/12/2011
Or India.

Malefor looked beast in concept art. Too bad he sucked in game.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#18 Posted: 06:34:25 06/12/2011
Malefor was one of the absolute most idiotic, stupid villains of all. His plans mad no sense his design was absolutley horrid and they murdered Mark Hamils voice with him. To me he had seemed like a pretty decent villain to me when I played TEN and I was so excited to see how he would play out.

Mix up the first for letters in his name and you get lame which descriebes himn perfectly. Although the first four letters also spell male which mixed up would also be lame... Sorry, boys!X3
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:40:36 06/12/2011 by BlackNight12
#19 Posted: 06:47:13 06/12/2011
I can't remember if it was Mischef or Mythologica, but someone christened him "Malefart" and I've always been fond of that. smilie

How does a guy go from being this creepy undead puppet-master, manipulating the world for a thousand years from beyond the grave just so he can rip it apart once he gets his body back...to the moron who won't kill his enemies even though he knows exactly where they are and built a catacomb around them during the three years they were frozen? And that wasn't even the dumbest thing he did. D:
#20 Posted: 06:51:46 06/12/2011
Malefart. That's a lovely name for him.

Makes me so mad. It's like he left his brain in the well of souls when he came back. It's hardto count all of his stupid actions.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#21 Posted: 06:58:17 06/12/2011
From what I've seen, it looks like much of the goodness that was in the story in ANB/TEN came from the dev team at Krome Studios. Mike and Chris sent them a basic script and the team did the rest. When LoS was moved to EL for DotD and dropped on a dev team that not only wasn't familiar with the characters or story but didn't even speak English natively, they pretty much just worked with the script they were given with no editing or additions made. That's the only way it makes sense to me, anyway, and what one of the Krome artists on the project said in some of his blog posts backs it up.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#22 Posted: 07:54:16 06/12/2011
Razz you have now discovered the basic average anime bad guy.

Infact I'm pretty sure Death and Killing was every DBZ villians agenda
#23 Posted: 18:44:21 06/12/2011
I dunno. I've seen plenty of really good anime villains. Even the bad ones didn't do half as many stupid things as Malefor did. Heck, I've seen more competent villains in cartoons from the 80s that were just designed to sell toys. I think anyone from the Care Bears could outsmart this guy.
#24 Posted: 18:56:01 06/12/2011
I dunno. I've seen plenty of really good anime villains. Even the bad ones didn't do half as many stupid things as Malefor did. Heck, I've seen more competent villains in cartoons from the 80s that were just designed to sell toys. I think anyone from the Care Bears could outsmart this guy.

Instantly thought of Char Aznable.

At the least, they could of done with Malefor, what Sega does with Eggman - he messes up big time, but this is humourously pinted out within the script, and Eggman tries to big himself up.
---
#25 Posted: 22:22:38 06/12/2011
I call Dark Cynder!
#26 Posted: 22:40:25 06/12/2011
Female Malefor anyone?
#27 Posted: 22:49:27 06/12/2011
Hopefully brighter.
#28 Posted: 00:23:55 07/12/2011

Yea, there are a good handful of amazing anime villains and even the bad ones are a good match against Malefor. He would be in the lowest of the low out anime villains.

Care bears, lol.xD Bet you Malefor would get his arse kicked on sesame street.
---
#29 Posted: 00:26:25 07/12/2011
Now, if they made Malefor look like his epic conept art, and made him fiting for his voice, that would be nice.
#30 Posted: 07:52:56 07/12/2011
Nah, his voice was just as stupid as he was. Now if they'd left Mark Hamil's original recording unaltered (or at least considerably less altered) and Malefor lived up to that...he would've been a good villain. As it stands, Kaos is actually a lot more intimidating and competent than he is.

But, you know, it's actually pretty hard to decide who is the dumbest: Malefor, or everyone who was too stupid to actually beat him before he ripped the world apart. smilie I'm used to Spyro being pretty dense in LoS (seriously, he'll do anything if you tell him it's his destiny), but Cynder used to command armies! She, at least, should have known better. No wonder Malefor wanted to destroy the world to restore its balance. smilie
#31 Posted: 08:18:18 07/12/2011
I think the one thing Spyro didn't do because it was his destiny was ignore the Chronicler ranting about "No don't go, it's not your destiny....I AM ALONE smilie"
#32 Posted: 09:29:49 07/12/2011
To be fair, the Chronicler (who I am certain is evil) sure did want the world to die an awful lot at that point. smilie
#33 Posted: 12:56:22 07/12/2011
The Dark Master should of been him
#34 Posted: 19:52:49 07/12/2011
I honestly thought he was going to be, or at least that the Chronicler was a lackey of his. I seriously don't buy that he was ever good; he manipulated Spyro into killing dozens, his machinations got hundreds murdered, he openly encouraged Spyro to let the world fall apart, he seems to care for no other being except Spyro (and that only because he's the purple dragon), and he nearly killed Spyro at least three times. These aren't things a good or even neutral person does. Chronicler is already a better villain than Malefor ever was. smilie
#35 Posted: 01:17:06 08/12/2011
I thought he was going to be a villain for sure when I first played through the game I was preparing for a fight when I made it to the white isle. With what you just said he was certainly a couple hundred notches above Malefor.

The chronicler would've made a good antogonist.
---
#36 Posted: 06:23:57 08/12/2011
I was so hoping he'd be a miniboss or even Malefor in DotD. He has all the makings of a really nasty villain.
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#37 Posted: 07:07:35 08/12/2011

Oh god.
If that did happen; I think I would have really liked Cynder in the end. :c

Honestly. I thought the ending was too soon... and the whole boss thing was disappointing. D:
So cliche in my honest opinion.
#38 Posted: 07:41:16 08/12/2011
@Razz: Well we know Dotd couldn't do anything right anywaysmilie. Asking for something like that would be far too much.xD

@Hyena: Yes, I agrre the story was over the top cliche. over the top lord of the rings wannabe as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:41:29 08/12/2011 by BlackNight12
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#39 Posted: 08:19:12 08/12/2011
Quote: BlackNight12

@Hyena: Yes, I agrre the story was over the top cliche. over the top lord of the rings wannabe as well.

Funny how I don't know the exact story to The Lord of the Rings but i've seen people mention that The Legend of Spyro is A LOT like it.

I thought Malefor was like the common ancient villain.
Trapped for many years.
Villain has minions who try to help with villain's arrival.
Hero is born/already alive. Probably doesn't even have any real parents and is living in a dump.
Hero ends up befriending a minion of the villain.
Hero and minion go on long journey to the villain's castle/temple/whatever.
Find villain.
Villain somehow turns minion against hero.
Hero is able to stop the minion.
SUPER EPIC BOSS BATTLE TIME.
Just kidding! You get a boss battle you can complete in 5 minutes.
Villain is sealed away AGAIN.

HAPPY ENDING! THAT LEAVES QUITE A FEW PEOPLE CONFUSED AND WISHING THEY DIDN'T PAY MONEY FOR THIS GAME. YAAAAYYYY!! [User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:20:25 08/12/2011 by Hyena
#40 Posted: 08:32:22 08/12/2011
All of LoS is a pretty generic epic story and it took all of its cues from Lord of the Rings and the new Star Wars trilogy. Alas, both of those things have been way overdone in the modern age; the original source material is good (well, not the new Star Wars movies, but the original ones were good smilie), but the derivative works like LoS are far too obvious and not very good.

I thought LoS in general was a lot like "Baby's First God of War", especially DotD.
#41 Posted: 08:56:53 08/12/2011
How would Malefor even access darkspyro anyway, he hit the beam of the souls which holded millions of fallen or sinful characters who some would be 10x worse then Malefor.
#42 Posted: 11:11:19 08/12/2011
The games suggested that Malefor could only break free of death (the Well of Souls) through Spyro's power, so it was probably easy for him to find his way out. As for Malefor fighting other evil things, he was the most evil thing according to ANB/TEN, so that wasn't a problem either. Not that he showed it off at all in DotD, but we've discussed that already. smilie
#43 Posted: 12:21:57 08/12/2011
But it was also said by Chrono that if Gaul did finish whatever he was going to do the Well would literally go ka-boom thus allowing all the souls to escape.

Malefor may of been the most evil thing but if he got defeated offscreen by something...Great now I can not keep thinking of stampede of darkness generic bad guys comming out of portals and crushing malefor cartoon style
#44 Posted: 20:03:20 08/12/2011
And it did. Remember how many ghouls, goblins, undead apes, and strange new evil creatures were around in the world after TEN?

Haha, that would have been awesome. Especially if you add the Benny Hill theme to that mental image. smilie
#45 Posted: 21:04:46 08/12/2011
Quote:
Just kidding! You get a boss battle you can complete in 5 minutes.

.....How is that a bad thing?
The length doesn't matter, it's the difficulty that makes it authentic.
---
#46 Posted: 22:00:48 08/12/2011
You complete it in five minutes because it's dirt easy. I spent a few days trying to beat Gaul the first time and Cynder killed me a lot in both of her fights. Malefor? Beat him on the first try. And I'm not a very good gamer, especially with boss fights.
#47 Posted: 22:09:41 08/12/2011
No, I meant in general. I do agree Malefor is piss easy when you use the right tactics, though. But in general, a boss you can beat in five minutes does not make it bad. It seems like an adequate length for a boss fight, IMO (of course, I'm not counting death time, but time from start to finish, if no lives were lost).
---
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#48 Posted: 00:46:32 09/12/2011
Here's a thought for Cynder as a boss again:
The story is two-sided. If you are currently as one player,who whoever you AREN'T becomes possessed. If there are both players, who ever has MORE fury is the boss. If fury meters are equal,it just comes down to Cynder being possessed.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
#49 Posted: 00:55:12 09/12/2011
Yea Malefor's boss fight was horridly easy. My gaming skills are very limited especially with that kind of a game but he honestly was horrible, horrible, horrible. Cynder killed me several times but it's not too hard to get the hang of and to be honest, For some reason Gaul is so diffucult for me to beat. everytime I get to him I spend a very long time there.
---
#50 Posted: 03:28:58 09/12/2011
I had hoped that you would first fight Dark Cynder (possessed by Malefor), which would weaken Spyro enough to be possessed and Cynder would have to defeat Dark Spyro to save him and the world. She would finally be redeemed in the eyes of the world and get to mete out some justice to the villain who wronged her before she even hatched.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me