Page 1 of 1
Cynder's name [CLOSED]
Purple-Cynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#1 Posted: 01:32:27 01/12/2011 | Topic Creator
i was asking myself this question a few days ago:
We all know that Cynder's egg was stoolen by the apes and that she was corrupted after her birth, but who decided that her name was going to be Cynder ? Gaul ? Malefor ? I don't think they would care enough about her to give her a cool name as this one(my opinion), even if it's more convenient than calling her «the female dragon»...
---
And this fire will guide you home. smilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 06:57:02 01/12/2011
It's pretty obvious that Malefor would need to name her since she was used as a tool to intimidate other races. He calls her by name frequently, as does Gaul, so it's pretty clear that one of them did give her that name. It could be either one, though my guess is that it was Malefor's idea (a cinder is all that remains after a fire has passed, a theme I think he would feel appropriate given his plans for the world). "Cynder" also fits the dragon conventions of naming, something Malefor is obviously aware of that apes usually aren't. My head canon likes to say it's Gaul who named her, though, because, in his deep heart, she's the daughter he lost a thousand years past.
Purple-Cynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#3 Posted: 02:57:30 02/12/2011 | Topic Creator
well, it makes sense. honestly, i didn't know that cinder meant something, cause english isnt my mother tongue...
i find interesting your theory about Gaul who could have name her, like if she was his daughter. at first, i have to admit it thought it was weird, but we don't know if apes were always an evil race like they are in the serie, so... it leaves place to imagination.
---
And this fire will guide you home. smilie
#4 Posted: 14:16:47 02/12/2011
No worries. smilie Cynder is just a misspelling of "cinder" (because poor literacy is cool smilie). Most of the other dragons have names like hers: Ignitus (from "ignite" - to catch fire), Terrador (from "terra" - earth), Volteer (from "voltage" - a measurement of electricity), Malefor (from "malicious" or "malevolent" - evil), etc.

The apes were my favorite characters in LoS and I came up with some pretty complicated backstory for them, especially Gaul. smilie They aren't as evil as they appear or for the reasons everyone thinks, and they've got some really good reasons to hate dragons (especially Malefor).
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#5 Posted: 15:01:17 02/12/2011
Quote: Razz
No worries. smilie Cynder is just a misspelling of "cinder" (because poor literacy is cool smilie). Most of the other dragons have names like hers: Ignitus (from "ignite" - to catch fire), Terrador (from "terra" - earth), Volteer (from "voltage" - a measurement of electricity), Malefor (from "malicious" or "malevolent" - evil), etc.

The apes were my favorite characters in LoS and I came up with some pretty complicated backstory for them, especially Gaul. smilie They aren't as evil as they appear or for the reasons everyone thinks, and they've got some really good reasons to hate dragons (especially Malefor).

Even though Malefor is a dragon himself, lol, he hates his own kind. That sounds a bit silly really.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#6 Posted: 17:23:24 02/12/2011
It happens sometimes. Malefor is just a genocidal freak, I guess. And I don't think Gaul was ever working for him willingly (or, if he was, it was under the philosophy of "any means to a greater end").
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me