Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Baby Please Come Home [CLOSED]
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#1 Posted: 03:35:45 25/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Goes with this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q03X01ZgSkA

A short story set several decades after Spyro and Cynder saving the world, all my OC's in this story. I'm not done writing it yet, but I'm hoping to finish before Christmas.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Baby Please Come Home

Cornelius gazed sadly out the open window of his home, the beautiful stone cottage that Ria had left him and the children with. Delicate snowflakes were falling slowly from the sky, the Sun just barely covered by the thin layer of clouds that the flakes came from. He remembered like it was just yesterday when he and his mate had ran through the snow as whelps, and built huge forts in their late teens.

“Daddy?” a nervous voice said from behind Cornelius. He turned around to see his five year old daughter, Drizzle, and his three year old son, Kolvin.

“Yes sweetheart?” Cornelius asked softly, turning away from the window to face the hatchlings.

“Why is it so cold this morning?” the little dragoness asked nervously. She gave a small shiver and her fins shook along with her. Kolvin was sitting quietly behind Drizzle.

The father smiled a bit, gesturing toward the window. “Come see for yourselves children…”

The young dragoness approached the window, her little brother toddling curiously behind her. The pair peered out the window, Drizzle having to stand on her hind legs, Kolvin having to be lifted up by Cornelius.

Drizzles purple-blue eyes widened. “Daddy, daddy, the sky is falling!” she squealed in fright, jumping down to hug his leg.

Cornelius’s large body shook with laughter. “No my princess, it’s just snowing!”

“Snow?” Kolvin asked, fascinated by the sight of it. Kolvin didn’t speak much, he was quite the opposite to his mother in that sense.

“Yes Kolvin, snow.” Cornelius said, smiling as he watched the young dragon stick his tongue out and catch a flake. Kolvin shivered a bit on contact, but then slowly smiled.

“Yummy…” he said with a grin, snuggling against his father.

Drizzle unlatched herself from Cornelius and carefully pulled herself back up to the windowsill. She also stuck her tongue out and caught a flake. “Daddy it’s hot!” she gasped.

“No princess, it’s just so cold that it burns a bit.” Cornelius said. “It’s just like Daddy’s ice breath.”

The two children continued to stare curiously at the snow as it fell. After a few minutes, Cornelius suggested the two go out and play in it, thus leaving him by himself to ponder his thoughts.

It hadn’t snowed in years in the village. Not since a year or so before Drizzle had hatched. The seasons had been so distorted since Ria’s disappearance, so rather than months between each season, the time differences could range from weeks to months. Some seasons were even skipped, it would go from spring to fall within a month, which was why winter had been so rare.

Cornelius smiled as he took in a breath of the bitter air. He then turned away from the window and wandered through his home, the stone floors chilling his claws with each step. Once he had arrived to his room, he reached to the depths under his bed. He drew out a box, dusty and settled from being in storage so long.

Cornelius opened the box carefully, and a variety of little trinkets lay inside. He pulled out three little clear orbs, rubbing the dirt and grim off of them. A warm smile covered his face as the little orbs lit up slowly with color. They were dim at first, but as they began to glow brighter, the magic inside was reactivated and the orbs floated above Cornelius’s claws.

With great care, Cornelius set the floating orbs on his bed, pulling out more from the box. Using a thin stream of his water breath, he cleaned each of the tiny orbs and set them on his bed once they glowed. He must have cleaned a hundred of these orbs or so.

At the bottom of the box, Cornelius hesitantly reached for the last item. This was much dirtier than the orbs, its glimmer hidden by its years of decay. He gently rubbed the thick layer of dust, revealing the golden shine of the figurine in his claws.

As the last bit was wiped away, Cornelius stared at the all-to-familiar figurine. It was a small sculpture of two dragons in a loving embrace. One was taller and had its chin rested gently one the head of the shorter dragon. The taller one had two sapphires as eyes, while the shorter one had two amethysts as eyes and was much thinner than the taller.

A single tear fell from Cornelius’s eye, spattering onto the beautiful face of the dragoness that stared up at him. It was a golden carving of himself and Ria, a present from her from the last Winter Solstice, only days before she left.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#2 Posted: 04:10:33 25/11/2011
Wow! This is amazing! smilie Keep going.
#3 Posted: 04:17:35 25/11/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks! i have a bit more written, but i dunno if i'll post it soon or not
#4 Posted: 05:13:03 27/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Cornelius sniffed slightly and laid the figurine gently on his pillow. He scooped up the glowing orbs and headed outside to the evergreen outside their front door. He placed the orbs, one after another, above each of the frosted branches, then stepped back to admire.

“Lights?” asked a little voice. Cornelius looked down to see his son, gazing up at the tree with his bright emerald eyes.

“Yes Kolvin, lights.” Cornelius replied, smiling down at his youngest. “Where’s your sister? You two should stay together.”

“Right here daddy!” yelled Drizzle, running across the snow to her father and brother. “Ooooo, that looks pretty!”

Cornelius looked back up at the tree, finding himself staring at a bright purple orb as it glowed and twinkled.

“Whatsamatter daddy?” Drizzle asked, her little forehead creasing with concern.

“N-nothing princess, what do you say we go inside?” he suggested. The little girl nodded and bounced inside, her brother trailing absentmindedly behind her. Cornelius sighed and crunched through the snow back into their warm home.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me