Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Quick Question [CLOSED]
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#1 Posted: 03:49:45 22/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Do the console portals work with this game?

I downloaded the drivers in the game, plugged in my usb adapter (from the wii version) to my computer, and then turned the portal on. The computer game did not respond to the portal in any way (switching figures/no figures on it/2 figures on it, etc).

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the console versions dont work with the online game.

Thanks guys!

P.S. Do the pirate seas and darklight crypts expansions unlock anything in the online game? Since the only way to register them is with the portal (the code just times out..) I have no clue whether they do or not.
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#2 Posted: 12:01:09 22/11/2011
Yes all the portals work with the online game.

Try to reinstall your drivers, try as well while your portal is already plugged in (just in case).

Plus, be sure that no metallic device (or even soda can) is close to the portal.

For the expansions, they just unlock in your collection, nothing more.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:46:47 22/11/2011 by Reimu
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 15:24:56 22/11/2011
There is a slight problem with the portals working online right now. I have the same problem - One minute it works, the next, nothing.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Dragonhope Gold Sparx Gems: 2992
#4 Posted: 17:46:48 22/11/2011
Wow, I kind of have the same problem! (I have the same console portal as you smilie)

Even though I plugged in the USB connector, it refuses to work. Actually it does, but the portal has trouble reading the figures. So I barely use the Portal for the PC version or else I put the risk of my figures breaking.

On the flip side, I heard the 3DS portals work wonders with the site.
---
Gaccha! Tanoshii dyueru dattaze!
[smilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#5 Posted: 20:53:08 22/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Will try to reinstall the drivers with it plugged in but honestly no rush now that I know the adventure packs dont unlock anything (phew!).

Also I am getting the 3DS version as a present from my girlfriend for xmas, hopefully that portal works better than the Wii one smilie

Thanks guys!
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
miniquiny999 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#6 Posted: 00:47:02 01/12/2011
Quote:
on the flipside i heard 3ds portals do wonders on the online game
i'll test that theory when i get 'adobe flash player 7'
---
im not dead but only in theory since i never use this heckin site anymore. send me a pm if you want i'll try to get back to ya this century
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me