Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Avarian Online (Formally known as Dragon Realms Online)
Page 1 of 1
Avarian Online (Formally known as Dragon Realms Online) [CLOSED]
Neo Hikato Red Sparx Gems: 70
#1 Posted: 16:53:34 21/11/2011 | Topic Creator
I had an idea for a online Spyro game for a while now, a concept which I posted back on Spyro Forum when it was still popular. The idea received praise, but just recently I thought of redesigning the idea. Now, the reason why I renamed it to Avarian Online is to keep up with my own Avarian Chronicles roleplay in which this game would be based on. Simply put, it is an alternate universe of LoS with expanded lore, new locations, and more tie ins with the Original series (Skylanders possibly included). Remember, this is just an idea; if or if not it becomes an actual game depends on how well my career will go.

I will be listing things in order, from gameplay to story.

Gameplay
  • Combat: Avarian will play more like a action platformer, much like Legend, rather than a standard point and click MMO. You have complete control over your movement when in combat, allowing you to avoid attacks and counter them when needed. There will be no leveling in Avarian, instead being replaced by a skill system similar to Elder Scrolls. The more the player utilizes a skill, the more experience they will get in using it, opening up new abilities and buffs from the skill. This will allow new players to get right into the world without worrying about grinding just so they can explore a new location, breaking down the barrier between the older and newer players.

• Exploration:Outside of combat, the world will be an open world with little or no loading screens, allowing players to explore every corner of Avaria and uncover all sorts of secrets. Players may find, for example, an ancient temple that is loaded with treasure, or an enemy outpost which may help even the odds while doing a quest.

• Real Time Events: To flesh out the story, alongside the standard quests, there will also be events that will happen in real time. The story progresses through these events, with key characters being controlled by the staff to further keep things interactive. The events can go in many ways depending on the player's decisions, further increasing the immersion and roleplaying in Avarian.

• Dynamic Music System: Dynamic music, in most games, help bring out the intensity or beauty of a game. Each area has a standard "calm" music that plays when there are no enemies around, which can change depending on if it is night or day and the weather. When enemies appear, the music changes depending on the amount of enemies around. A solo fight against a weak enemy, like an ape, would be slow and only consist of some instruments alongside the basic melody. As more enemies join in, the music intensifies, with more and more instruments being added until that "calm" piece is twisted into a more intense and chaotic version of itself.

• Dynamic Event System: The Dynamic Event System, or DES, is something that stuck around with the older concept, still being the same. To add replay value and bring more players into the game, the game itself will have a certain system that randomly generates events in the world based on what the players are doing; a AI director in a way. If a small group of players are in a large open area with little or no enemies, the system will spawn a group of enemies around the players as an ambush. If large group or clan of dragons are in flight from one location to another that is 30 minutes away or longer, the DES will summon something to impede their progress. This is to keep players on their toes and to make the game less scripted and more like real life with random events happening at anyplace, at anytime.

• Races
    Unlike the previous version, dragons would be the prime race that players would be, consisting of different sub-types that represents different classes. These sub-races have their own skills and benefits, both in combat and out of combat, so that the player can choose which sub-race depending on their play style. However, I have yet to think up the full racial descriptions, so help would be nice. Alongside races, the player can choice their elemental affinity, which can vary depending on the race and can determine the skills a player can use.
  • Artisan:Artisans are, in all ways, a balanced race of dragons. They aren't stronger than other races, but they aren't the weakest due to their love for building castles, towers, or cities. To players, the Artisan is good for those who want a race who is both skilled in combat and defense, as well as having more choices on what their elemental powers would be.
  • Peacekeepers:The Peacekeepers are a war-like race of dragons who are usually found in dry, rocky canyons or harsh dry deserts. In basic MMO terms, Peacekeepers are the tanks of Avarian. They are capable of absorbing a large amount of damage, and due to their unique and brutal attacks, they are usually the most targeted race by enemies and most capable of displacing groups of enemies.
  • Beast Makers:The Beast Makers are a race of dragons who are normally found in swampy areas, usually around the water. Beast Makers are, more or less, the beastmasters of dragons; they are capable of summoning creatures to aid them by roaring, and are known to capture and tame other non-sentient creatures.
  • Magic Crafters:Found in the cold mountains of Avaria, Magic Crafters enjoy practicing magic instead of fighting. They have low defenses, but they utilize their advance magic skills in order make up for their defenses. Much like the Peacekeepers, Magic Crafters are most known for being targeted by enemies when in a group, so it is recommended to have a Peacekeeper to keep them at bay or for the Magic Crafter to keep a distance.
  • Dream Weavers:Said to be the oldest dragon race in Avaria and the ones capable of creating dreams, Dream Weavers often live in floating islands that are made possible by their abilities. A Dream Weaver's abilities lie in their psychic powers, allowing them to push back enemies and hinder them by freezing them in place or simply throwing them off a high ledge.

• Storyline
    The story, as mentioned, is a alternate version of the Legend of Spyro series that is more or less based on the Avarian roleplay here. Ignitus, instead of leaving Spyro by himself, watched over the young purple dragon alongside Cynder as they grew up with Sparx. At the same time, Malefor's forces continue to siege the last standing civilizations of the dragons, who continue to fight back. The player becomes a part of this resistance force, as they participate in missions in events that not only help the dragon race, but ultimately determines what would happen to Spyro and Cynder.

• Siege on Riven (Starting Experience Part 1):After creating their character, the game starts off with the player character just waking up as another dragon urges them to get up. The city of Riven, the center of all trade in Avaria, is under attack by Malefor's forces. The dragon tells the player that they found him or her underneath a pile of rubble just after the market district was attacked, and that they should head to the town square to help evacuate the city. The player learns how to fight along the way, as well as learning how to glide. After battling through the market district, the player finds themselves in the town square, in which they are told about survivors trapped in the residential district due to being suppressed by the invaders. The player is guided into the residential district where they free the survivors, as well as learning more about combat and other skills depending on their race. Eventually, they leave the city, ending the first section of the starting experience.

• This is what I got for now. If anyone has suggestions or comments, feel free to reply.
    Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
    #2 Posted: 02:37:55 26/02/2012
    is this type of online game 4 free play? and how much graphics does it need?
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me