Page 1 of 1
Ultimate Glitch Find!!!!! [CLOSED]
SpyroGamer2008 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4203
#1 Posted: 14:59:16 21/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay, here's something that is completely weird that happened when I was playing the game "The Legend Of Spyro: The Eternal Night". Okay, when I was playing this game (in the Celestial Caves level), I decided to try out a glitch I had seen on You-tube where Spyro somehow does a flying-like glitch. (This glitch occurs when you have on Spyro's Ice-Breath when he's normal, then click the Left analog stick to cause Spyro to become Dark Spyro, and then, while on Dark Spyro, hit the Triangle button over and over again to somehow appear to fly!!!!) Okay, so, going off of "LydiaDragon's" Spyro 7 Flying Glitches video (Click here to view the video), I was trying to follow the glitch she did at 8:02-8:42. But every time I tried this I couldn't seem to be able to do it. So, instead, I decided to continue to continue to "fly" forward underneath the area with the blue spot lights (can be seen at 8:11-8:12 in "LydiaDragon's video). Since I was too low to be able to climb on any other surface of this area, I decided to keep going straight to see how far I could go before I eventually got too low and died. So, as I was continuing in this direction, part of the level apparently appeared high above me. This part of the level was the part leading toward the Chronicler's castle-like area.
I kept continuing past this part of the level (still using Spyro's flying like glitch), and then something weird appeared. After I had somehow passed this area, some weird blue, yellow, red, and green-like lights appeared directly below me, along with a single floating platform floating above it. Curious, I decided to find out what would happen when I'd land on top of the platform on this area. I had originally expected nothing to happen. But then again, I never expect anything to happen when performing a brand new glitch. Somehow as I got closer, the game appeared to somehow freeze in some spots. Which worried me because if it did freeze, then I'd have to re-set the system and wait about 5 to 10 minutes for it to finally load the game again. But, somehow, despite this temporarily freezing-like thing happening, I was able to continue Spyro to glide and have him reach the platform. Then, when I landed on it, the weirdness began.
I had somehow landed on top of one of the platforms directly above one of the elements' battle-like arenas. Then, the game zoomed up to look at the platform (even though it didn't lift up/move at all). After this cut-scene, another oddity occurred. The game appeared to be trying to show me breaking one of the elemental-like rocks. Although, during this time, there was nothing actually there to look at. It appeared that the cut-scene was entirely invisible. Then, after the cut-scene, Spyro then somehow appeared right at the doorway where you first enter the area with the elemental portal-like challenges. By now, the entire game had appeared to have fixed the temporarily invisible scenery, and went back to normal. But there was one more final oddity that took place after I had landed here. For some reason, when I landed here, all of the elemental portal challenges were open, ready to be completed except for the Electric-Like portal. For some reason, the game thought I had completed this challenge already. By now, after all of these oddities had occurred, I had finally realized something. I had actually somehow skipped most of the Celestial Caves level!!!! I swear this is 100% true!!!! I actually had skipped all the way to the end of this level somehow!!!! Try out this weird glitch on your games and see if it works!!!!

Note 1: I performed this glitch on the console version of this game. If you guys are wondering what console version of this game I performed this glitch on, it was on the PS2 Version of the game. I don't know if this glitch would work on the Wii Version or any other console version of this game, but if you guys want to, you can test out and see if this glitch works on the other systems of this game.

Note 2: This weird oddity/glitch that occurred in this game was found by me. The flying-like oddity/bug/glitch, however, was not found by me. I don't know who originally found this oddity/bug/glitch, but I know that it wasn't found by me.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5243-6111
P.M. me if you want me to add you.
Last edited at 23:59:51 24/04/2008 by SpyroGamer2008
X-heketchis Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#2 Posted: 15:12:16 21/04/2008
didn't know that was possible
---
Never Leaving, Always Watching.
#3 Posted: 15:29:31 21/04/2008 | Topic Creator
I didn't know that either, "X-heketchis". Although it was a pretty nice glitch find. And it was pretty cool to discover a way to skip most of the humormous level-like areas in this game. And since I found this unique glitch online, I could try and test it out and see what would happen if I do it in other various levels of Spyro. A glitch idea that I could probably get to with this weird oddity/bug/glitch (I'm hypothosizing this, I don't know if this will work at all until I test out this glitch I'm thinking of) is probably being able to get back behind the rock-like wall that appears when the enemies first appear. (I got this idea from the clip in the video where "LydiaDragon" left the swamp-like area and showed the infinate-falling glitch she discovered.)
---
#4 Posted: 15:33:11 21/04/2008
you like to talk smilie
---
#5 Posted: 15:36:01 21/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yup. I sure do like to talk, "X-heketchis". Maybe the reason why I like to talk a lot is because I like to describe a lot of stuff that I say in a lot of detail.........But, anyways, if it's bothering you, I can try and stop doing this.
---
#6 Posted: 15:40:21 21/04/2008
no its not bothering me....its just funny
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#7 Posted: 18:40:12 21/04/2008
i like talkey peepz....but not as much as quiet peepz
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12070
#8 Posted: 20:17:06 21/04/2008
that is awesome, and messed up..,.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#9 Posted: 20:42:05 21/04/2008
smilie
---
#10 Posted: 16:36:18 22/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yeah, it was awesome. Unfortunately though, "Spyroboy", once I landed in the Chroniclor's Portal-Challenge areas, there was no way that Spyro could escape this area. So, instead of going back through this level and doing the glitch again (like I'd normally do for any new glitch I find), I have to continue the game, start all over, and get to the "Celestial Caves" level in order to do the glitch again.
---
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#11 Posted: 04:00:51 24/04/2008
Hmm...

Oh, and in the future, start seperating your blocks of text into paragraphs that are easy on the eyes.
#12 Posted: 23:58:37 24/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay. Will do that, "Shrazer320". *Goes and edits Post #1*
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#13 Posted: 16:13:48 25/04/2008
i did that glitch and thanks to it i now have to gp through the entire game again to get the last quill! smilie
#14 Posted: 16:17:26 25/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Well, I usually do glitches that I find online after I collected everything. And besides, I wasn't forcing you to do the glitch, "Tango". I just put that up as a suggestion for people to do.

Side Note: So when you did the glitch, did anything out of the ordinary (besides what I already said above) happen to you when you did it???? (I'm just curios to know whether things went differently for you when you were doing this glitch.)
---
#15 Posted: 18:21:46 25/04/2008
is this a glitch.....having endless magic for about a minute
---
#16 Posted: 19:57:21 25/04/2008
i think u can clash it as a glitch
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 20:02:21 25/04/2008
hmmm......how bout getting stuck in walls.........or the.....ground
---
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#18 Posted: 20:08:54 25/04/2008
Quote: SpyroGamer2008
Well, I usually do glitches that I find online after I collected everything. And besides, I wasn't forcing you to do the glitch, "Tango". I just put that up as a suggestion for people to do.

Side Note: So when you did the glitch, did anything out of the ordinary (besides what I already said above) happen to you when you did it???? (I'm just curios to know whether things went differently for you when you were doing this glitch.)

yah...the boss was still there.....
#19 Posted: 19:37:36 29/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Quote: X-heketchis
hmmm......how bout getting stuck in walls.........or the.....ground

Yeah, those can be considered glitches, "X-heketchis". Any place that you can go (such as outside of the level) that the gamers didn't plan on occurring are considered to be "glitch areas".
---
#20 Posted: 19:48:41 29/04/2008
would stopping dead in jumpping but the screen is still moving where u wanna go but spyro is just paused in midair moving forwards without walking, a glitch??
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#21 Posted: 20:39:57 29/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Yup.
---
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5859
#22 Posted: 14:57:15 03/05/2008
Wow. What a wierd glitch.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
Cynder28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2731
#23 Posted: 11:08:03 05/05/2008
I did it!Only I passed one electricity elemental....
---
A wise man once said, "That's a pretty dumb thing to ask a magical girl."
#24 Posted: 16:38:34 28/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Okay guys, sorry for posting really late (and kind of "bumping" this "Old" topic), but I found five new glitches in this game (two of which I performed from glitches in other videos on Youtube) using the method I said previously above, and I didn't want to make another topic about this (since I've usually been posting a brand new topic everytime I find a new glitch, which may be annoying to some). Okay, here's the glitches I found:

Glitch 1: In the video (in post #1), you see "LydiaDragon" glitch past, at one point in the Swamp, past a mushroom and into an empty level area. Well, on the one successful try that I was able to do for this glitch (since this glitch is really hard to perform because of the next glitch I am going to talk about), I was able to glitch outside of the level-like area, and then able to position Spyro so that he landed outside of the tunnel-area in which you went through when first looking for Cynder before it was blocked by rocks. Well, when I was able to get behind this area, I was able to land on the outside of the tunnel just behind the area with the rocks blocking the door. It turns out that at this same point, the game thought it was my first time going through the door and the little message on how to break the steal-like door appeared. But instead of the door being there (or the rocks which were supposed to be baracading the player in), the entire screen on this place was showing me a picture of what the background of the area around the door was after you broke it down. I was able to "fly" a little bit back here, and once I got to a spot ahead of the door (but still outside of the level at the same time), the rocks baracading the door came back. Unfortunately, before I could potentially explore the area behind which you entered through the cutscene, I fell and was infinately stuck in a "falling forever" glitch. I re-started the game and tried to perform the same glitch again, but was unable to do so (in which the second glitch I performed comes in).

Glitch 2: Okay, so in that same video, you see "LydiaDragon" land on top of that platform-like area directly above the wood-like door area. Well, apparently, this is really hard to pull off (which I discovered after trying to perform it a second time). Apparently, when "flying" toward this platform-like area, if you go too far to the right, you'll end up viewing the cut-scene where you encounter Cynder leaving and go through the entire "Fire Dream" scene all over again. It got really annoying after a while trying to go through the previous glitch since the rest of the time I performed the glitch I ended up with this same thing happening over and over again. But anyways, after the "cut-scene", the game didn't show the cut-scene after which Spyro wakes up from the screen. The screen went black like it was going to show a cut-scene, but ended up staying like this. At the same time, I could hear the background music for the Temple in the background, along with some of Spyro's movements that he does when he waits for you to move your control. I was able to undo this glitch after I evidently charged forward, somehow triggering the cut-scene where you fight the first monkey-like army in the entire game.

Glitch 3: After a while of going through the first two glitches above, I got really frustrated and bored doing the same thing over and over again. So, instead, I continued on through the game until I came to the spot where you fight two waves of monkey-like dudes (one of which goes through a "Dragon-Like Head" in a short cut-scene), spider-like creatures, and the dog-like creatures. Well, after a while, I decided to do something random (again). I was attempting to get into the Dragon-Like mouth in which the dudes came out of using the "flying" glitch. Turns out that it is possible to get up there. So, on a hunch, I quickkly re-set the game, hoping that the game hadn't saved up to that point. Turns out that it didn't, and I ended up a pretty good distance away from this point. But after a while of backtracking through the entire game, I was able to get back to this point. Now, I decided to kill the big monkey-like boss first (since he's the most annoying, and is the easiest to kill you). But it turned out that after killing him, the cut-scene would start with the Monkey-Like dudes coming out the Dragon-Mouth. So, after another re-set (and more backtracking in the game), I was able to kill all of the small enemies that were there, and get the last big monkey dude down to a small health. I then attempted to get up to the dragon head. Turns out that you can't when the "teeth" are sealed. So, after a few attacks here and there on the "Dragon Head" (with Spyro's Melee attack), I was able to break through the Dragon Mouth and get inside of it. Now, to perform the possible glitch I was thinking of, I knew that the monkey guy down there had to die while at the same time I was still up here. So, after several moments of thought, I was able to come up with a plan on how to kill them. My magic meter was running low, and I knew I had only a few shots, but I had to take this chance I was thinking of now or never. After two shots completely missed, I fired my last "Ice-Attack" (the one you use to get across poisonous water, which create little platforms for you to walk on) and apparently was able to hit him. After he died, the cut-scene where the Monkey-Like dudes was triggered, all the while Spyro was in the same Dragon-Like Mouth. The monkey dudes completely ignored Spyro and jumped down to fight him down below. (But Spyro wasn't there!) But anyways, after the cut-scene, the screen darkened, and I ended up right in front of them ready to fight them.

Glitch 4: Okay, so after going through the entire temple area, I ended up at the place where you fight the onslought of Monkey-Like dudes. (The same place where you see Ignitius battling the same creatures during the cutscene.) After the cut-scene finished, I decided to activate the "flying" glitch again, and found something interesting. Turns out that even though you can't directly fly behind the place where you saw Ignitius walk up into the temple, if you fly some distance directly straight away from the level and then during the flying glitch turn around, you should be able to just be able to just get Spyro to go behind this area. While I was doing this, I made an attempt to land behind this area. Turns out that the entire area behind here is see-through, and cannot be landed on.
---
#25 Posted: 16:38:52 28/05/2008 | Topic Creator
Glitch 5: This one I found after going through the level Ancient Grove looking for possible glitch-like areas. After going through the first part of the level unsuccessfully finding very many glitches, I ended up at the location where Spyro wakes up and battles the first Pirate-Like guys. After exploring this area somewhat and getting to the other side of the poisonous river (with the Worm-Like dudes in it), I decided to try something random (yet again). Even though I had retrieved the quill from this location, I decided to try a "flying" glitch from this high of a spot. Turns out that when I accidently flied directly into the wall of the mountain, I apparently went up by some unknown force. Because of this, I tested out this "flying" glitch on the mountain to see if I could get to the top of it. After a few long minutes of failure from not getting the right height and accidently falling to my death (along with a few of the Worms poisonous water-like attack) I was able to somehow get over the entire invisible wall of the level and was able to get outside of the level. Testing out the glitch, I decided to die while in this "glitch-like" area, and ended up dying on some invisible-like floor at the center of the mountain. (Inside this area was a weird circular floor-like pattern that kind of looked like something that happens when you drop a pebble into a thing of water.) Then, deciding to see if I could glitch past any part of the level, I immediately "flew" forward through the level. After a small amount of progress without any help of seeing anything to tell me where I was, I immediately "flew" down toward the level. I ended up in the direct area with the monkey-like pirate dudes you need to fight (the same area where you see the first of the Pirate Ships). I apparently had glitched past battling the dudes, since the scene showed Sparx showing me how to blow up the gate. I decided to go back the way I came to get the gem clusters I had missed, and when I made it directly to the steps, I ended up triggering the cut-scene with the monkey-like pirate dudes coming to attack me. Because of this glitch, it leads me to believe that it's most likely possible to skip some portion of the game in the level Ancient Grove.

Side Note 1: Parts of Glitches 1 and 2 were not found by me, and these parts of the glitches were found (as far as I know) by "LydiaDragon" and "1dragonlady1". If I made a mistake to the credit of the people who found these glitches, please tell me and I will correctly change it. The rest of Glitches 1, 2, and all of Glitches 3-5 were all found by me, and I should get the credit for finding them. If you, however, have found these glitches before I have, please tell me so that I can change the credit of this glitch find to you.

Side Note 2: I had to Double-Post a second message because of the fact that my original message was a little too long and couldn't be posted all at once because of the "character" limit on this site.
---
Last edited at 16:40:03 28/05/2008 by SpyroGamer2008
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#26 Posted: 02:25:06 27/07/2008
ohh man looks like i'm not the ONLY one that knows about that glitch in the celestial caves.
Axel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1975
#27 Posted: 04:29:44 27/07/2008
it's not a glitch, it's a coincidence of what happens when you press the right buttons smilie
---
Wanna go for a ride?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me