Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
help -wanted [CLOSED]
wingsofpurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#1 Posted: 00:58:40 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
hey! i have an idea, but i need your help if we can pull it off, i want to make a fan-made fourth LoS game! what do you think? but i need volunteers to reveal the plot! ;-D
---
"Man! will you ever run out of muffins?"
"No. Because I work at ze muffin factory."
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#2 Posted: 01:07:54 02/11/2011
You don't want my ideas.......
#3 Posted: 01:09:57 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
well how come?
---
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#4 Posted: 01:11:37 02/11/2011
See that link in my signature?
That would be my idea.
#5 Posted: 01:44:53 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
um, ok. any one else? mabey someone who knows how to make a playable 3d game?
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#6 Posted: 02:53:57 02/11/2011
Fan-made LoS game doesn't sound bad (I know you probably think I hate LoS, you'd be wrong, I think it's okay).

Although I can't do anything (crappy artist... Don't have any special programs... Can't voice act for anyone because I can't figure out how... etc.), you'd have to ask around for animators and the like.
---
but i love it all smooth
Skijarama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1500
#7 Posted: 03:15:06 02/11/2011
a little tip: people wont volunteer for something they-don't-know-what-it-is. It might be a good idea to reveal game-play thoughts and concepts, as well as story concepts.

Believe me, i know from experience that saying: "help me, and ill tell you." just does not work.

don't take this the wrong way, I'm just trying to be helpful. good luck with your project.

PS: if your serious about this, TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. being lazy with a game never pays off. you have to invest a great many hours, and countless trials and errors and allot of hard work to make a semi-tolerable video game, let alone a great one.

All the same, i wish you... good luck.
Jasher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1177
#8 Posted: 15:53:07 02/11/2011
I know how to make video games, Made three already and one more is getting near completion.

I have thought about making a spyro game for some time now. I even wrote a plot for a sequel for TLOS.

But I am in no position to help you actually develop the video game.

Before you decide to become serious about this game let me tell you how hard it is to make a game people will actually enjoy.

Extremely hard!

But you have an advantage. people tend to play fan made games regardless of how good they are.

I know this because I made a fan made kingdom hearts game and it got played the most out of all my games just because it was kingdom hearts.

That game took me about three years to complete. Mainly because I stopped working on it for months at a time and I was not very experienced either.

Also you will need all these assets to make a game.

Art (2D sprites or 3D models.
animations (For 2D sprites or 3D models)
sound effects
music
programming
Good story telling. (optional)
voice acting (optional)
A team (optional)

If your not going to have your own team then you must have nearly all the skills to create the assets you need.
Of course You can find free sound effects and other assets on this website. http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/resources/
#9 Posted: 21:06:03 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
thx lev, i never said i think you hate it. :-)
---
#10 Posted: 21:08:34 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
k. good point, ski. i didn't think of that. its just i would need people cause other wise ur putting out ur idea for anyone to take.
---
#11 Posted: 21:10:07 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
ok, jasher. i might need your help.
---
#12 Posted: 21:24:13 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
ok, heres the plot.

the beginning cutcene

so we pick up kind of where we left off. spyro and cynder r in the volcano and after cynder says i love you she acts fast and puts a forcefiled around them. thats the only reson they surrvived. (the screen goes white.) and the spyro logo fades on, and then off. spyro and cynder are laying a few feet away from eachother cynder looks up,"spyro! are you ok?" its quiet for a second. "c-cynder?" then its an emo moment andcynder finaly says, "ok, lets go." cynder gets up and spyro tries to getup too, but he falls down and says through clenched teeth, "ow!" "whats the matter?" cynder replies. "my leg hurts." says spyro tring to hide his obvious pacynder looks at the limb he's favoring. "looks bad. listen, you stay here and rest, i will find a way out and help you to it.

scene ends

shall i continue?
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#13 Posted: 23:01:35 02/11/2011
I beat you to it... Many, many, many years ago...
#14 Posted: 23:35:57 02/11/2011 | Topic Creator
oh darn you, but hey, its not like you coppy wrote it. but i don't think mine is the same as yours so i am going to keep going. :-)

levle one: you play as cynder and you run across a hardened lava brige. then you have to fly across the lava river to a small rock 'island', there you'll find a lever that can only be pulled down by eletricity. so you have to look for a hardend lava boat that you have to drag to spyro by using the rope attached to it. when you get to spyro you press whatever button and he boards on. you drag the boat back to the lever and you swich to being spyro and you use eletricity to bring down the lever and a cave exit opens you go down the cave tunnle and discover the power of crystlas. and after a little bit of meandering you find the exit. thats when the next cutscean comes up.

what do you guys think of so far :i swear it willl get better don't worry. its just at the beginnig so far.
---
#15 Posted: 00:53:01 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator
@bionicle2809
oh, you made it with spore, i see, well done. i still think spyro's wings should be orange.
---
#16 Posted: 01:22:08 03/11/2011
OK I gotta show you guys the plot I made some time ago. The main villain was going to be nasty gnorc.

The story begins with a prologue telling how Spyro and Cynder came to were they are now. After the prologue scene, another scene will begin.

When Spyro releases his power in order to put the world back together, Cynder uses her Shadow powers to take her and Spyro back to the earths surface. When they reach the surface, Cynder and Spyro find themselves in a strange land. Currently Spyro is extremely exhausted due to all the energy he released. And Cynder is Likewise tired because of how much power she used to get them back to the surface. Because of this they cannot fly yet. A dry canyon land lies before the two dragons. They must find water and food if they wish to survive. Eventually The two dragons are rescued by a group of moles. The moles are Moyare and his people. They take Spyro and Cynder to their underground city. When Spyro and Cynder are nursed back to health, Moyare tells them were they are and how he and his people got here and that there is some sort of magical field over the land, preventing anyone from leaving or entering. He also tells them about the ruler of this forgotten land, King Gnorc. But Moyare and his people like to call him Gnasty Gnorc.

Apparently Moyare and his people managed to get in the land on the eternal night when Spyro froze himself , Sparx and Cynder into a crystal. It seems that on the eternal night the magical field over the land deactivated but after the night it reactivated.

When the two dragons left the mole city, Moyare warns Spyro and Cynder to be careful and to keep away from Gnasty Gnorc and his troops.

Spyro and Cynder travel through a forest with canyon like geometry. Suddenly they are attacked by Gnasty Gnorcs troops and eventually taken captive. Before they are taken captive they defeat one of Gnasty Gnorcs generals. Also while the dragons are fighting Gnasty’s troops, they discover a new power they share. The magic bunjy.

The two dragons are knocked out by King Gnorcs royal advisor. The advisor uses some sort of spell on them.

When Spyro and Cynder awake, they are in King Gnorcs throne room with chains over them. King Gnorc Asks them how they got in his Kingdom, why they are here and were are they from.

Spyro and Cynder tell him that they wish to leave his Kingdom and return to their own. King Gnorc tells them that they cannot leave the land because of the magic shield. But if they destroy the shield, then they are free to leave the land.

The Advisor gives Spyro and Cynder instructions on how to destroy the shield. There are four grey towers on each corner of the land. These towers power the shield generator in the center of the land. So Spyro and Cynder must first destroy the four towers before destroying the shield generator. Spyro and Cynder agree to do this and set off towards the tower on the south east side of the land.

They must first pass through Gnorc’s badlands witch have a lot of factories and smoke. Then they pass through a forest like canyon level. Finally they reach the first tower. The Tower Gate is shut so they must figure out how to open it. Soon they are attacked by ancient robots that guard each tower and the shield generator. The tower is five levels high. There are many puzzles inside the tower that must be solved to go further up. At the top of it, a robotic boss battle. After defeating the robotic boss the two dragons must destroy a giant dark blue crystal that covers the top of the tower.

The two dragons fly out of the top of the tower and head towards the tower on the north east side of the land. While they are flying they are attacked by some flying robots. There is a small miny boss they must defeat in the air.

They land in a forest with very tall trees. While traveling through this forest, they are attacked by the wildlife and must defeat a animal boss. When they depart the forest, they reach the second tower.

The second towers gate is broken open. In this tower there are a lot of broken things so the two dragons must some time repair devises to move further up. When they reach the top they must defeat another robotic boss. Then they must destroy the next dark blue crystal.

After that they fly towards the tower on the north west side of the land. A sudden storm erupts and the must avoid lighting. Soon they land in a canyon land while its raining. There are no enemies on this level but a lot of puzzles. The heavy rain makes it hard for the dragons to fly. Eventually they reach the third tower. This gate must be opened by 3 fuses. The two dragons must find the three fuses and bring them back to the gate to get it open. The puzzles in this tower are a bit harder than the others. When they reach the top there is no robotic boss because he is broken. But lightning is hitting the crystal so they must figure out a new way of destroying the crystal. They use the broken robots cannon arm to destroy the crystal.

Soon it stops raining and the two dragons fly to the last tower on the South west side of the land. They fly through a high mountain type land and must fight robotic enemies and a robotic miny boss. finally they reach the last tower. The magic crystal has fallen to the bottom of the tower but the dragons can only enter the tower through the top. Many robotic enemies stand in their way and many puzzles. When they reach the bottom they must fight a robotic dragon.

After defeating the dragon they destroy the crystal and fly towards the shield generator. The last boss is the shield generator. After defeating the shield generator they visit Moyare and his people and make sure that they are fine but Gnasty’s troops have taken them hostage. So the two dragons fly over to Gnasty’s Kingdom and confront him. Gnasty’s refuses to release them so the two dragons must fight king Gnorc himself. The two dragons do not kill Gnasty Gnorc but defeat him and rescue Moyare and the moles. After Moyare and the Moles leave Gnasty Gnorcs Kingdom, The Advisor assures Gnasty that they will have their revenge. Not just on Spyro and Cynder but on all Dragons!

It could use a little work but that was the idea I had for a sequel. But I was sorta planning on making a sequel for that sequel.
#17 Posted: 01:32:56 03/11/2011
After reading the above post I'm sure you might be confused about a few things.

1. why did Spyro and Cynder agree to help gnasty gnorc destroy the towers?
So they can get out of the land and return home.

2. If no one can enter and leave this land... how did spyro and cynder get there?
Basically the shield around the land became weak as the world was falling apart. They managed to accidentally get in as a result

3.why does gnasty gnorc want to destroy the shield?
A long time ago, someone made the shield in order to trap Gnasty gnorc. Gnasty gnorc wants to expand his territory. Majorly! WORLD DOMINATION!

Also, you may use ideas from my plot or all of it if you want.

But I'm too busy working on my own game to help you actually make this one. So good luck.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:41 03/11/2011 by Jasher
#18 Posted: 01:46:24 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator
cool beans, thanks!
---
#19 Posted: 16:27:21 03/11/2011
Quote: wingsofpurple
@bionicle2809
oh, you made it with spore, i see, well done. i still think spyro's wings should be orange.

I did make it in Spore... I am currently making a proper game...
#20 Posted: 18:02:39 03/11/2011
Quote: bionicle2809
@bionicle2809

What program are you using to develop the game?
#21 Posted: 22:26:42 03/11/2011
Quote: Jasher
@bionicle2809

RPG Maker VX... Simple but effective
#22 Posted: 22:42:43 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator
thats cool.
---
#23 Posted: 22:45:27 03/11/2011
Did a little research on RPG Maker VX.

It looks great. But are you making the character animations? Or are you using pre made assets?

I always thought about how it might be cool to make a Spyro RPG.

So are you making a Spyro reboot or are you basing it off the legend series?

What's the storyline?

I hope you have a bunch of playable characters from the classic and legend.

Like Hunter, Bianca, Cynder, ect.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:46:02 03/11/2011 by Jasher
#24 Posted: 23:17:11 03/11/2011 | Topic Creator

are you making it 2D or 3D?
---
#25 Posted: 17:00:07 04/11/2011
Did a little research on RPG Maker VX.

It looks great. But are you making the character animations? Or are you using pre made assets?

I always thought about how it might be cool to make a Spyro RPG.

So are you making a Spyro reboot or are you basing it off the legend series?

What's the storyline?

I hope you have a bunch of playable characters from the classic and legend.

Like Hunter, Bianca, Cynder, ect.

I'm making all the sprites myself, I might use the preset attack/item animations however...

I'm continuing it from the TLoS series, a decision that I kind of regret at the moment but I can't be arsed to change it...

The story line is too complicated to explain in a few sentences, conisdering I'm trying to make the game very, very long...

And yes, there are some characters from the classic series...

are you making it 2D or 3D?

2D, RPG Maker VX is a 2D engine
#26 Posted: 19:10:23 04/11/2011
Sounds good. If I could I would help you out but I'm too busy and I've already committed myself to make a 3d Spyro short with blender in the future. I also want to make a playable Spyro mod For The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.

I recommend you try to find someone to help you develop the game. Not because I don't think you can do it alone but my experience from making games shows me that having someone to work with is a big relief. And get some beta testers. I always have my brothers and sisters beta test my games. Their input is very helpful.

Also just because your storyline is complicated doesn't mean you can't give us a basic idea. I'm not saying you have to or anything.

Basic story example.
Spyro and his friends embark on a quest to return to their home planet Avalar but their plans change when planet Kosie and Sato are thrown into a war that will determine the fate of the galaxy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:14:52 04/11/2011 by Jasher
#27 Posted: 22:36:35 04/11/2011
Yeah, I know what it takes when it comes to making a game. I've been working on it for almost a year now...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me