Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Remember The Girl Who Never Even Existed - a ghost story
Page 1 of 1
Remember The Girl Who Never Even Existed - a ghost story [CLOSED]
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#1 Posted: 02:27:27 01/11/2011 | Topic Creator
This is just story that I've been writing for the past few weeks in my spare time, along with a much creepier story. Even though it is Halloween, I like this story much more.
I hope you enjoy reading this.
--

I have such faint dreams while awake, dreams of the falling snow and nearing frozen midnight. They, so faint and distant yet so clear, are as much a part of my heart as any beat that passes. In these dreams i see in the snow, crying a song that so wants to be heard, a young girl. I can't see her form but i know her all too well. It is that awareness of her being that I just can't see that makes me treasure these dreams and wait.

Oh how the mirror can so perfectly reflect light off of it's surface and shine back the image of ones appearance. Yet it never truly reflects ones heart despite the efforts to see ones inner self. Even as I gazed at this reflective surface I knew nothing of my heart other than the emotions of confusion that lingered within me at the time. I gazed at the form given to me that wasn't mine, that wasn't me. The form that had white hair to my waist and silver eyes, the form pale enough to look dead even though i never really know life. I pressed my hand to the glass, trying to reach to the reflected heart that I couldn't see. Surely it must have been there once, once long ago. Still the young form couldn't grasp what had been lost.
I recited the name i was called silently, the name that floated past my hears through the reflection of the perfect surface. The name that sounded as if it were lost and not mine. Could it be that maybe I was someone else, once? That's what i would ask myself every time the name floated passed me, directed at my form but not my heart. This form that couldn't grasp that name simply nodded every time to do as this form was told. The girl that never even existed still waited in my heart in every faint dream I had. I now looked not at the perfect reflection in the mirror in front of this form, but inside of me, unable to see anything but darkness. And so with this form that never lived I turned from the mirror, leaning my back to it and waited for the rest of the black room to fill in. From the blackness formed a floor this form stood on, made of light wood lit by a light these eyes couldn't see. Voices slowly came to these ears and tables faded in slowly, covered in white cloth. Ever still the world stood in a blur, one by one people appeared. Faces I knew by sight with eyes that never saw. The Faces had no names I knew, just faces this form was told to smile at as they past. The Voices distant grew nigh and undeniable, blurred as they went to this from but past my heart. Walls shone in the light and the whole room became known to this form.The glittering decorations that dazzled many had failed to catch the attention of these eyes. With white bangs aloud to fall past them they hid from the faces. The figure beside me that formed placed a heavy hand on my shoulder, the voice failing to reach these ear and heart. This form just smiled as always, and the figure smiled without a face that I wanted to know. It spoke praise, just for such a useless treat that went with this form.
Voices slowly cleared into words. Word so useless that i wished them blurred again. Words that praised this form and pleased the figure next to me.This answering for of the girl that never lived would remain silent the entire eve with a smile false and yet so believable that it proved the blindness of the faces that spoke at this form. And yet after the still image dragged on, this form was lead from this room and out into the courtyard of the home of the figure that led me. Words sunk in at last, reaching to this form fully, enough to be heard by this heart without reaching it. "... Lia, listen well to me. When we return home you are to go to bed, understand?" Without hesitation this form nodded, feigning a smile and a sweet voice, "Of course father!" Such a false happiness could only be feigned by one who did it much, even so these eyes could see the blindness of the figure without eyes. Without time passing this form was where others wished it, in the locked chamber where i was to sleep and dream.
Still I dreamed, this heart faintly calling out from it's unseen hiding place, the dream so dim playing again and again for me. Cold snow freezing my world as i looked at the girl i always found myself thinking of as this form knew it wasn't mine.It was this night that it occurred to me that this girl in my dream may have been who i was, or rather whom this form belonged to.
So light was this dream and so faint that in the instant it was gone i was awake clearly from the void I had been in all the eve before.
I was in my gown holding to the blanket over me my eyes opening to worthless sunlight beaming through the window, the curtain pulled back and the glass opened so that a summer's breeze would enter my room. I sat up slowly, gazing at the window with my gleaming silver eyes, brushing my bangs out of this face. Before I could blink the maid entered my room, "Lia, hurry up, dear. I have set breakfast outside today, the weather is lovely." Said the older woman, her greyed hair pulled back into a bun hid behind a frilled cap, she held her uniform up slightly so it didn't drag on the floors. She had eyes that bright green almost like a cat's. Yes, this maid was Kristina, my nanny when i was of a young age. I stretched, putting on a smile so perfect in appearance that none could tell how i felt, "I bet it's yummy, Kristina! I'll get dress really quickly!" I said in such a sickeningly sweet voice, pushing the blanket off of me and putting my feet on the light wooden floors and setting this form to a stand. And in my great act I hurried to the dresser and pulled out a frilled dress, new and untouched. "Kristina, how does this look?" I asked, pleased with my little act. These eyes saw her nod of approval and I undressed, putting the dress that was with and pure over my under garments a second later.
And we were off, this form following her down the hall and outside where on a table was laid scones and tea, as well as several fruits on a table clothed and cleaned. A wicker chair I sat in, pulling up to the table with a light smile as I listened to Kristina talk. Or at least I pretended to. The words missed me by quiet awhile as I ate the light and delicious breakfast, taking my tea after two scones and an apple. And without saying good-bye or thank you this from got up from the chair and wandered to the beautifully flower gardens. Humming birds and bees buzzed creating a light music to guide me through the bright world of green I wandered through. I knew the garden fairly well, or at least this form that wasn't mine did. That morning, bright clear and fresh smelling I found the oddest thing. As I wandered through the garden I found a passage of hedges I had never been down before. My form was pulled towards it, eyes unable to move from this new oddity in my garden. It looked the same as any other passage in the garden, but this was too nigh the roses to be one I had explored before. So down the green living tunnel I traveled, closing my eyes and inhaling the sweet smells that danced here so freely. I turned twist after turn, rounding corner after bend in the endless passage I found. moments slipped into minutes into nigh an hour in the passage until this form wondered it's where abouts and the time of day. Still drawn I was through the maze until the hedge finally opened up to a clearing in the garden. A circular clearing with many other entrances to the gardens hedge was with a single large flowering tree in the center. This form felt the force that had pulled it here so strongly, it growing sleepy in the heat despite the time of day. "Surely the staff won't miss me for an mid morn nap." I told myself and this form in a small voice, walking up to the tree and running my hand carefully over it's lovely living surface.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
#2 Posted: 02:28:02 01/11/2011 | Topic Creator
I sat at it's roots in a moment, leaning against in an looking at the single over passing cloud as my eyes lazily closed and flower petals scent intoxicated me. The green world in front of me faded in my drowsiness and as i neared a faint dream I awoke with a start half a moment later to hear a loud crack. This form was unable to move, shocked and shaken. Then there was another crack and I felt myself fall back wards into the tree. Into a long dark hole i fell, watching everything in a slowed, still state as if i couldn't in take anything. I saw the sky and the limbs of the tree reel back as i fell into the barely lit hallow tree trunk that went on forever, looking at the depth for a moment before the rest of me following into the hole. And I fell, looking up as I watched the light slowly growing about an arms length to far for me to reach. Everything was suddenly intaken by these eyes and I yelped, screaming in fright as I fell rapidly for minutes. My long hair blowing up wards and my silver eyes fixed on where i had fell from. And yet as if everything made perfect sense, I yelped loudly, extendedly, plummeting through the dark hole lit by nothing. And yet my eyes saw it. Surely color was coming back to this world i was falling in. Blue light shone from below me, staining the wooden walls flying past me. Of course, light had to have a source, so I screamed out bracing for impact when i slowed, I falling though to see a stone roof of a cave of sorts open up from the dark hole i had been in. And as I fell I could see the vast walls of the cave that must have been a mile or two from each other.And my slowing speed stopped, this form being held by some force, yelping slightly when it did stop.And yet, the force gave way and I fell but a few feet to land uncomfortably on my rump with a last loud yelp. It only took me minutes to intake the entire situation. I was sitting now on a cool damp stone floor, lit entirely bright blue, the walls stretched on from miles in any direction but one, which had watch following down a canal of sorts. Above me, when i looked, far too high for far man to reach, or even a giant, was the hold i fell through, wood and stone merging at the opening. I stood up, unsure of what to do, calling out, "Hello? Can anyone hear me?" and strangely my call was answered, although not by a voice. down the canal only feet from me appeared in the blue lit mist a figure on a boat nearing me. In moments of my confusion and bewilderment I was able to see this figure was a young man rowing the boat towards me slowly.
--

I'll type more soon.
2446 characters over the limit...
---
#3 Posted: 20:08:02 06/11/2011 | Topic Creator
bump? ... please tell me this topic didn't die so soon... smilie
---
karen f Yellow Sparx Gems: 1578
#4 Posted: 20:33:09 06/11/2011
cool! I like it so far, its an interesting story! smilie
---
~That akward moment when it seems like your post has made other people want to stop posting...~
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#5 Posted: 03:30:54 11/11/2011
Its good so far!!
Seriously!!
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#6 Posted: 20:41:03 13/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Thank you. I'll try to get some more typed up by later today. smilie
---
#7 Posted: 23:10:15 19/11/2011
cant wait
---
#8 Posted: 03:00:25 25/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, do I feel mad.
I want to hurt my cat now.
The note book i had this entire story write down on, i lost it.
But that's not the best part!
My cat peed all over it, so it's all gone. smilie
---
#9 Posted: 04:49:57 25/11/2011
nooooo
---
#10 Posted: 18:38:12 26/11/2011 | Topic Creator
I'm really peeved off too because i worked really hard on this story... *mutters under breath* Stupid cat... stupid notebook... gonna strangle it one day...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me