Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Unnamed Fic [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1 Posted: 19:56:18 17/04/2008 | Topic Creator
For those of you on FF.net, you'll know I've completed one fic and abandoned a second one. As to why I abandoned it, you could say I lacked motivation to write it. But I've decided to start over! You can't keep a writer down! After brainstorming, I've come up for an idea about a fic starring both the Legend of Spyro-verse and some OC characters. It'll have humans in it. As to why, I can't explain.

I'll post the beginnings of the first chapter soon. Feel free to comment, and please comment because I really want to bring my spirits in fic-writing back up after the disastrous attempt to write my second fic. ;~;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
zacoda1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1121
#2 Posted: 20:15:09 17/04/2008
I like your fics HIR.....Lol i cant keep enough ideas to write one myself.
---
The ones with the greatest courage...Tested by All might and will...Will traverse A Farly advanced Obstacle....The test of life...
#3 Posted: 20:43:04 17/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Alright... I'm starting. Apologies for double posting! ;>.>

Chapter 1- Ends and Beginnings

"There are many legends that have been handed down through the generations. Some, stories for the purpose of pure amusement. Others, tales of great battles and the heroes among them. Some, are tall tales of terrible things and creatures. These are warnings; forever keeping the young at bay and the old on their toes. This legend... it is merely a story. It has been passed down since the beginnings of our time. It is a truly fascinating tale. But it is just that, a tale. For centuries, there have been debates about the idea that this tall tale might be a frightful reality. But it has been proven to be an impossibility.

Many millenniums ago, before creatures like ourselves roamed the many habitats that make up this world... there lived a specie. They were a dominant peoples, and had evolved to a point high above any and all other creatures on the face of the world. In there billions of years on this planet, they had created a utopia. A world without wars, without chaos... pure peace and tranquility. They had adapted to the changes of the world, creating and upgrading new technologies. Such technologies are unheard of by anyone present today. They were truly a fascinating race. And we know them simply as...

...the humans.

When the humans had entered a golden age of science and research, disaster struck. Their utopia came crashing down. How did it crash, you ask? The answer is unclear. Some say, it was a force from space that crashed into the planet, decimating it until new life was able to regenerate. More liberal creatures say the great ancestors were distraught with the humans for ignoring them and wiped them out with a storm of magic. Whatever the answer, it does not matter. The humans are no more, and we... we dragons, along with other creatures from cheetahs, to apes, to phoenixes, and to the most bizzare creatures like the Death Hounds... yes, it is us who roam these lands today. But, some say the humans are still out there. Where? No one knows. But they say if we truly believe... if we follow in the ways of the ancestors... the humans will return.

"Gee wiz, Mr. Ignitus! That was a really great story!" A young, bright orange dragon jumped up with glee. The large fire guardian had finished reading to a younger group of dragons within the Temple's library. Yes, the Dragon Realms had come a long way since the Dark Master's reign of fear and terror had ended. What's even better, was that a large population of dragons were found to have taken refuge in a far off land. And with peace restored, they had come back. The young dragons all got up and left in a mob of exited chattering. Ignitus sighed, as he placed the book back in the shelf.

"Humans... what a funny idea." He chuckled slightly as he left the the library.
---
"Come on, buddy! It's a beautiful day! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping! There's lots to see... lots to do! We can't just lay around like this!" The small gold ball fluttered around a purple dragon who was fast asleep on the balcony of the Dragon Temple. "Geez, I could've hung out with any dragon here. There are so many of you guys! But NOOO! I decided to stay with the mauve one! Boy, what a mistake that turned out to be!" Sparx whined as he floated in front of the purple dragon's closed eyelids. "Spyro? Hello, anybody home? Come on, it's me! Your best bud, Sparx! Wakey wakey, Spyro! Time to greet the world with that adventurous attitude of yours! HELLO WORLD!"

Spyro yawned, then turned over to face the other way. "Nothing!" Sparx responded, throwing his arms down in defeat. "It's like this with you too often, now!" Sparx sighed. But he was right. Spyro had been sleeping off a large portion of the last few weeks, waking up occasionally if he was hungry or thirsty. Sparx sighed. "Man, it's time like these I wish we were still out adventuring. Walking into the unknown, ready to face down any challenge that overgrown, psycho dragon threw at us!" Sparx punched the air with his fist, as if he was a boxer. Suddenly he turned around. "Oh, and speaking of psycho dragons... HEY, CYNDER!" Sparx yelled. Cynder was a black dragon, whom Spyro had managed to save from the Dark Master's powers.

It had been nearly a year now. A year since Spyro left the swamp he'd grown up in with Sparx to find out more about what he truly was. He had no idea what he'd ended up getting himself into. But in the end, he'd rid the world of one of the most ancient and malevolent evils.

Cynder ran over to Sparx. She panted heavily, and began spoking to him. "Sparx... I need you, and Spyro."

Sparx motioned to the unmoving, purple lump that was Spyro and replied, "Your gonna have to leave us a message, Cynder. We're a bit... tied up at the moment!" Cynder glared in response. She stepped back, and opened her mouth, shooting out a tiny jet of black flames. Spyro suddenly bolted upright and yelled.

"OWWWW!" He turned and saw Cynder and Sparx laughing. "What was that for? What did I do to you?" Cynder laughed and shook her head.

"Nothing, we just needed to wake you up. Spyro, we have a problem. One of the older dragons is stirring up some trouble. He keeps boasting about how strong he is and challenging other dragons to fights." Spyro gasped.

"That's awful! We have to put a stop to it!" Cynder nodded in response. And they turned to leave.

"Oh boy, this is gonna be good! HEY! Wait up, guys!" Sparx yelled, flying over to his friends. Meanwhile, over on a hillside overlooking the temple, a black, shadowy figure stood. He gazed at the land below him. A puff of smoke could be seen rising from him, then he turned and slowly trotted down the backside of the hill.

To be continued
---
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#4 Posted: 06:14:18 26/04/2008
I like reading them too could you post the second part?
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
Invader Zarra Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#5 Posted: 13:41:19 26/04/2008
You called Spyro a purple lump.lol.You make some really good stories Hir.smilie
---
xD I'm leaving DarkSpyro... Sorry guys I've been too inactive on this website... If you know where to find me, find me there.
#6 Posted: 22:36:20 27/04/2008 | Topic Creator
I think I'm gonna try running this through FF.net... see how torn up it ends up getting there. I'll keep posting here, but note that the FF.net is like the equivalent of a Special Edition DVD. In other words, there's some extra story that is generally in the FF.net version of anything I write that isn't put on here.

Also, I blame overplaying of Devil May Cry 4 when I was thinking up a name for the OC I'm introducing for the result I got. Let's say it "Lacks Originality," end quote. >.>

“Ha! You call that fighting! Some skills you got! Get out of here, shorty!” A medium-sized, red dragon yelled. A smaller, yellow dragon ran away from him sobbing loudly. “Heh! This is too easy!” A flare rose up in the dragon’s eyes. He was itching for a fight, and he began looking around. All the terrified dragonlings stepped back, their eyes were filled with pure horror. “…Ha! This is pathetic! Isn’t there anyone who thinks they can take me on?” There was no reply from the crowd. “I didn’t think so! You’re all nothing but a bunch of wimps, you here? Cowards! You’re never going to make it around here if you can’t stand up and fight!”

“…I accept your challenge!” Came a voice from the very back of the crowd. The young dragons parted, revealing one purple dragon, a black dragon, a gold dragonfly. The purple dragon glared at the red one.

“So… the great, legendary Dragon of Prophecy has finally showed his face! Oh, boy! I can’t wait till everyone hears about this!” Spyro uttered a low growl at his foe’s taunts. “Now just hold still, old Dagon will make it quick and painless!”

“Dagon? What type of a name is that?” Sparx called back in reply. Dagon glared at Sparx, who quickly hit behind Cynder. Dagon lowered his head and prepared to charge. Spyro was caught of guard by his speed and slammed hard in the side. Spyro skidded toward a tree, but managed to stop himself before anything bad could happen. Dagon, meanwhile, was preparing to charge again. This time Spyro was ready, and at the last second, he unleashed a powerful yellow orb of energy from his maw. The Chronicler had taught him this technique… the Electric Orb. The orb struck clean and true, violently electrocuting Dagon and knocking him upward. Spyro quickly leaped into the air after Dagon and smacked him around with his tail, before slamming him into the ground with his sharp horns. Dagon squealed as he collided with the ground in a painful crash that caused all the surrounding dragonlings to wince slightly at the noise. Dagon slowly got back up, panting heavily. “Y-y-you just got lucky.” He coughed up a small amount of red, shining blood. The other dragons stepped back, shocked expressions fixed on their faces.

Spyro looked at Dagon with concern. “Dagon! Are you okay!” Spyro ran over to him. “I’m really sorry, Dagon! But you got me really angry when you attacked me like that!” Spyro inspected Dagon. There were a few bruises, but he was okay. “Dagon, let’s stop this! We can’t keep hurting each other like this. Suddenly, Spyro turned and saw a sadistic grin on his face.

“Really, now? I’m quite enjoying this!” And he unleashed a jet of flames, which collided with Spyro. Spyro screamed in pain as he slowly stumbled backward. Dagon stood laughing, as he prepared to unleash another round of flames on his helpless victim. But his attack was met by a sheet of ice and stopped completely. Spyro stood glaring at Dagon, his underbelly slightly charred from the fire blast. “Wh-what?! That attack would’ve knocked any other dragon out!” Spyro slowly walked toward Dagon.

“Yeah, well, I’m not any other dragon, Dagon!” Spyro opened his mouth and unleashed a much larger blast of fire at Dagon. Dagon screamed as the fire consumed him. Spyro continued to unload the red flames until Dagon’s screams died down. Spyro stopped his attack and saw Dagon collapsed on the ground, unconscious. His red scales were all charred black, and burnt off in some places. Spyro’s eyes widened. But the crowd erupted into cheers and surrounded Spyro.

“That was awesome!”

“You’re a super fighter, Spyro!”

“Way to bring him down, Spyro!”

Spyro pushed his way out of the crowd and ran over to the fallen delinquent. Cynder and Sparx soon followed him. Spyro stared at Dagon and then put a paw up to his neck. “I… I can feel a pulse.” He sighed. Cynder eyed him with concern.

“What happened Spyro? You totally lost it there!” Cynder exclaimed, a worried look on her face.
---
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#7 Posted: 22:49:25 27/04/2008
woah..cliffhanger...post more!!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#8 Posted: 01:31:35 28/04/2008
lots of words to much I hate reading stuff that is long *only if I have to read something*(I hope i'm no offence to u hir)
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#9 Posted: 01:34:43 28/04/2008
Yeah. I don't see how HIR has the patience to type all that.
#10 Posted: 01:36:49 28/04/2008
I know it must take at lest 30 minutes to write or type most of that
---
Aywas
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#11 Posted: 01:39:07 28/04/2008
smilie
#12 Posted: 01:40:53 28/04/2008
smiliesmilie
---
Aywas
#13 Posted: 00:45:51 29/04/2008 | Topic Creator
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/42...he_Human_Menace

This is where you can find the story. <.<;
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me