Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Retrospective view on my efforts of gathering Skylanders info
Page 1 of 1
Retrospective view on my efforts of gathering Skylanders info [CLOSED]
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#1 Posted: 03:50:18 23/10/2011 | Topic Creator
So guys...the game "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure" just come out for about a week or two ago. I feel that I should post a retrospective discussion regarding my efforts of gathering Skylanders info all into one topic.

When I first started my attempt on creating my very own "all the info you need topic", I didn't know what I'm going to expect in the long haul. The negative face-value reactions among the two Spyro fourms (Spyro Forums, and darkSpyro) to this recently new video game had inspired me to create the all-info box topic. Boy, that was a ride indeed!

The times that I tried updating the topic/document took hours...that was painfully mindbreaking at best. Think about it, not only I had to write and summarize the info, I also had to add sources, upload images, and write up update posts of the things I added/changed/etc. Please put that in mind that I did this all in my free time. For the purpose of being a retrospective topic, I asked you guys who knew the sticky topic from the start, and during it's very existence to answer these questions:

• Has my efforts of gathering a bunch of info regarding the made you rethink about the upcoming video game more positively, or negatively, or remained neutral as the times go by?
  • Do you think it was worth the effort to maintain that topic despite the negative reaction of this video game?
  • Did you guys shared this to anyone else in this Celestia-forsaken land of Equest-- I mean, the internet? Or any of your friends?

Regardless of the result, I won't be doing another one like this in the Spyro fan community. It was very tiring indeed based on the things I said above. However, I would appreciate any feedback to my efforts; in addition, I would also appreciate any advice, or suggestions from any of you guys that would improve what I would do; and apply the acquired skills to future events.

As for the sticky topic, I honestly don't think I will be updating the thing anymore. The game is out already; the people at Spyro Wikia are already covering the big bad data, and arguably - even I don't cover as much info as them even before the game came out.

For the people who are talking about it in there in general, it'll probably be used for questions and answers that don't need a topic. XD To be honest, I don't know where that will go, but I'm seeing it as it is.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 04:11:09 23/10/2011
I don't know why anyone would expect one person to manage all the information of a "triple-A" title like Skylanders, going from source to source, adding info all the time.

You did a great job for what it's worth. I think people had too high of expectations from someone whom is very busy IRL.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#3 Posted: 04:20:42 23/10/2011
I concur with CAV. Despite what people think you did a bang up job getting all the info and going to school at the same time. So kudos to you iSO. However, despite all that info, I remained pretty neutral until I got the game. Until I get all the elemental skylanders that I want I'll write my review on how I felt about this game when the time comes.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 09:10:52 23/10/2011
'Twas a job well done, iSO. Job well done.

Though, I still remained neutral the whole time. Though your efforts did heighten my interest in the game a little, but I probably won't be getting the game for a while.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#5 Posted: 13:42:15 23/10/2011
I'm with SB on this one: you did a fantastic job with that thread, iSO. smilie It's pretty much the reason I came back here.

Has my efforts of gathering a bunch of info regarding the made you rethink about the upcoming video game more positively, or negatively, or remained neutral as the times go by?

It didn't really make me rethink anything, mostly because I was on board with the idea from the start. It did, however, keep me informed and piqued my interest as time went on.

Do you think it was worth the effort to maintain that topic despite the negative reaction of this video game?

Absolutely! It was a good place to find all the info at once.

Did you guys shared this to anyone else in this Celestia-forsaken land of Equest-- I mean, the internet? Or any of your friends?

Yep. I often reposted interesting bits from your topic in my dA journal to spread the news to the Spyro fans there.
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#6 Posted: 07:35:04 27/10/2011 | Topic Creator
4 (5 if counting one of you guys sending an PM to me) responded to me, not half-bad. I could've gotten a more larger response though in order to get a bigger info batch. :P I couldn't take all the credit really; some of you guys, particularly Aura24 - provided sources/links that are worth using in order to add more additional info in that document. I would like to thank those people who supported me, and those who have kept that sticky topic up and running during my time away from darkSpyro...whether it's about a general discussion, or it's about bringing up a new source.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:35:25 27/10/2011 by iSO
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#7 Posted: 15:45:23 27/10/2011
No problem.....

...wait, I did nothing in the sticky topic! smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#8 Posted: 21:03:15 27/10/2011
Has my efforts of gathering a bunch of info regarding the made you rethink about the upcoming video game more positively, or negatively, or remained neutral as the times go by?

I was pretty neutral in the beginning, but seeing more and more info changed my mind, so I'd say yes, it made me rethink things.

Do you think it was worth the effort to maintain that topic despite the negative reaction of this video game?

Yes yes yes! It was helpful to those who needed the info.

Did you guys shared this to anyone else in this Celestia-forsaken land of Equest-- I mean, the internet? Or any of your friends?

In a way, yeah. I told a friend interesting tidbits here and there.

All in all, you did a great job.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#9 Posted: 20:04:38 29/10/2011
Not a lot of answers I guess... I mean... how many people did read this sticky post and used it? A LOT! Anyway =/
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me