Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Wii Portal wont connext to my PC [CLOSED]
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#1 Posted: 07:04:24 19/10/2011 | Topic Creator
So I have my drivers installed and the Website says that my Portal is connected, but I cannot update any character information etc. It's as if my portal is not working right on the PC.

To be clear, it is the Wii wireless portal and I have it all plugged in and used the troubleshooting guide too.

Any common fixes, or anyone else having this problem on the website with the Wii Portal?
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11327
#2 Posted: 12:33:50 19/10/2011
you should conncet your wii first but not pc
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 12:35:36 19/10/2011
I've been having that problem too, but with the Portal from the 360 version.

I eventually gave up and started using web codes.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4 Posted: 15:15:25 19/10/2011
Just use the webcode.
#5 Posted: 16:28:31 19/10/2011 | Topic Creator
But then you can't upload your web hero level to your figure.
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#6 Posted: 21:16:05 19/10/2011
Quote: CAV
I've been having that problem too, but with the Portal from the 360 version.

I eventually gave up and started using web codes.

Same here.

I even downloaded the Installer and used it. But it got me no-where.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#7 Posted: 21:33:59 19/10/2011
I got it working eventually - After realising I didn't have the USB connected. Derp.

Edit: SCRATCH THAT, it's not working again. Neither is the 3DS portal. I hope they fix this glitch soon.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:25 19/10/2011 by RadSpyro
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#8 Posted: 00:35:11 20/10/2011
Quote: Psykostevo

In the official game, there's a little code that allows you to update your character in the online game so it matches the stats of the actual toy.
#9 Posted: 05:26:34 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Quote: Psykostevo

In the official game, there's a little code that allows you to update your character in the online game so it matches the stats of the actual toy.

I'm referring to the exact opposite. Loading web character to the figurine, not updating web with figurine stats.
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#10 Posted: 06:47:05 22/11/2011
Hmm...I'm pretty much having all those problems. My portal for both Wii and DS don't work for my computer when I place the figurine on the portal. I gave up and used codes. I even installed the Portal Thingy, but it didn't get me anywhere either.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#11 Posted: 01:13:33 01/12/2011
I connected via the 3DS portal as a test but had to manually download/install drivers for the portal.

I will test the Wii portal when I can.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#12 Posted: 07:39:27 01/12/2011
I had a problem with my 3DS portal but what happened with me was that I downloaded the drivers and it worked fine but if I turned off my computer or unplug the USB and re-connect it and entered the site again, it didn't recognize my portal. I have to uninstall my drivers and re-install them again in order to get the site to recognize them again. I don't know if this will work for you but try uninstalling the drivers completely from your computer and installing them again through the website and it might fix it. I think a lot of people are having problems with their portals because the site is still in Beta so unfortunately you might have to use web codes in order to install your characters. Keep in mind that the Healing Elixir from Darklight Crypt isn't registering on the site yet for some reason but the rest of the magic items should work.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#13 Posted: 01:56:00 12/01/2012
I had success with the Wii portal by turning it on first and then plugging in the USB receiver.

Unfortunately it was only barely faster than loading the Lair for me.

I'm hoping to have better luck on a different computer or with the 3DS portal
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#14 Posted: 08:20:21 12/01/2012
I would possibly try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, they've also updated the webgame version so you might have better luck now. You can always contact activision support.

From my experience the 3DS portal with wired usb works a lot better than the ps3 portal considering the battery drainage issue on the ps3. I've also had issues on some computers getting the ps3 portal to work, but haven't had any issues with the 3ds portal on the computers I've tried.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:21:49 12/01/2012 by BerryShaker
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#15 Posted: 12:01:59 27/01/2012
My Wii portal works fine.
I downloaded it then redownloaded it on the one I downloaded.
I was so derp in October
---
Why am I back
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#16 Posted: 16:04:47 27/01/2012
The Wii Portal was difficult to get working and then very slow on my laptop.

The 3DS portal works awesome. There is a little initial load time for each figure and then after the first time you can swap in and out faster than in the console game.

I got into a swapping race with someone else knocking down a totem with a full regiment of 8 element skylanders. That was fun and gave me an idea for a swapping race minigame... a skylander pops up on the screen and a number of players race to swap to a matching element or exact match for points. maybe 5 or 6 rounds and then you get gold or something.
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#17 Posted: 20:23:04 27/01/2012
Hmm. That's odd.

I guess the only advice I'd give is to log out of your account on Universe, then try it again with the usb already in. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

If I'm not mistaken, there was something in one of the booklets or the online help guide that stated if you had really powerful firewall, it might not work correctly. You could probably find a way around that without disabling everything though.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#18 Posted: 06:47:21 28/01/2012
Do you have other accounts on your PC
I downloaded on my main account but it went on my mums account
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
nebj00la Red Sparx Gems: 12
#19 Posted: 00:50:34 01/03/2012
I'm having the same problem with both a 3DS and XBOX portal. Any suggestions? Is there an old version of the portal driver that may have been replaced?
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#20 Posted: 20:58:39 01/03/2012
Quote: Toleroh
I got into a swapping race with someone else knocking down a totem with a full regiment of 8 element skylanders. That was fun and gave me an idea for a swapping race minigame... a skylander pops up on the screen and a number of players race to swap to a matching element or exact match for points. maybe 5 or 6 rounds and then you get gold or something.

I like the idea but it does penalise people who live in areas where fast broadband is not available.

Back on topic: The driver for my portal didn't work the first time but when I reinstalled it it was a lot better. If in doubt reinstalling is a good idea.

Also: In the past I have had problems with a variety of USB devices if you try to plug them into a different port than when you initially installed the driver. Installing the driver whilst the device is not connected can solve this but not every device driver will install properly if it isn't connected at the time of installation... Stupid I know but if you're having trouble trying this each way could potentially solve your problem.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
OldClassicGamer Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#21 Posted: 18:04:34 27/04/2012
3DS portal doesnt work on 360 but it does on PC
camoisbeast Green Sparx Gems: 318
#22 Posted: 00:05:23 21/05/2012
it never works for me... i just use the webcodes
---
Life rules!
Haves: smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, and smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me