Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Ultimate Spyro Game-Merging TLOS and the Original Series
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Ultimate Spyro Game-Merging TLOS and the Original Series [CLOSED]
cpay97 Ripto Gems: 172
#1 Posted: 20:38:22 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok I have no clue weather or not this has been thought of before, but if so, please be kind with your replies, I swear I am not a plagiarist. Now, assuming this hasn't been thought of before, I am about to lay out a theory to merge together the Spyro timelines and solve the discrepancies between the games, that will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!(Again, only if it hasn't been suggested yet...). If Activision, or whoever owns whats left of the slowly dying Spyro franchise by the time this gets through, it may save the Spyro Series(Because I believe it to be the future, but I may just be delusional...), lay the groundwork for future sequals, and end the feuding between TLOS fans and Original Series fans.
So here goes......

The Revised timeline
-A New Beginning
-The Eternal Night
-Dawn Of The Dragon
- Era of Peace and Happiness, Spyro rules the world, etc, etc...
OK Here's where it gets cool...
Now we start changing a few things. Take the events from Spyro: Dark Legacy or whatever its called and move them to between the series. Spyro, Cynder, and everyone relevant is lifted out of their current realm and thrown into the shadow realms. They're only their for a little bit to them, but to everyone else, they've been gone for quite some time. A few thousand years, at that. In the mean time, the old realms are in chaos, no purple dragon to save the day, the Sorceress takes over and banishes dragons to the new dragon realms, etc, etc. Spyro and Co. finally get out of the shadow realms to come to a desolate wasteland now known as the forgotton realms, and have an encounter with the Sorceress. Now here's where it gets cool, again.
As you might have noticed by now, this will require alot of rewriting to the original series.
1. Spyro, Cynder, and the Guardians will exist in the original series.
2.The forgotten Realms will have a bigger role, as the official canon will now be that the Forgotton Realms were the Original Realms from TLOS.
3.Whatever other finer points I may have missed that could make things flow better
4.Once again, more COOL Stuff: The original Series will have the same general storyline, BUT ALSO feature Spyro, Guardians, Cynder, Etc. doing side missions(forgive the term, I know there are no "missions" in Spyro) to assist in the inevitable quest for taking back the forgotton realms and defeating the Sorceress, Which would be the plot of an entire new sequal.
5. Of course, new game features, abilities, elements, whatever cool stuff anyone can think to add...

This could be made into one big game(which is a longshot because one disc only holds so much and they would want to milk the series for as much cash as possible), or more likely, released as a whole new series.
Of course it will also feature Spyro/Cynder romance, Spyro will have heard Cynder at the end of DOTD.
And as mentioned before, a whole new sequal game, where Spyro, Cynder, and rest of dragon civilization in general, start to fight the Sorceress and take back the forgotton realms. There could even be another sequal after that which involves the new dragon realms, and also involves things in the original(Forgotton) realms. But this is all theory and brainstorming.

Well thats it!!! Tell me what you think, give me your ideas, whatever you're thinking of.
Thank you!!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:50:53 16/10/2011 by cpay97
#2 Posted: 21:19:37 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Post some stuff! Im trying to start a new school of thought!!
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#3 Posted: 21:26:53 10/10/2011
It sounded good, but then I, personally, got kinda turned off by the "Spyro x Cynder" that'll be in the game. I hate Spyro x Cynder.
But it'll be a good thing to keep, since there's pretty much thousands of fans of it and few haters of it.

Despite that, it seems like a good idea.
---
but i love it all smooth
#4 Posted: 23:42:58 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanx glad you like it. Maybe im not delusional(Highly likely as I am obsessed with spyro to the point that it is clouding my daily thinking) However it is from hours of playing and then a whole school week of being deprived from it that i came up with this. Im surprised i remembered it all. Yes, Spyro x Cynder is quit a hot-button issue and i understand where you're coming from. I dont like that couple fanfiction wise because its not original enough, however once in a while its ok.
But i maintain the couple for a number of reasons:
They just seem flat out happy together
Its half canon, their obviously meant to be together in the game, and i dont want to screw with it too much.
I feel like im defying something meant to be if i dont keep it that way
And im actually for spyro x cynder canon wise, everyone has an opinion, no way around it thats why i left skylanders out. I dont like skylanders, and i dont want to start another argument with anyone.
Plus whatever company owns spyro at the time will definitely be spyro x cynder, because as you said a majority of people support it. Plus i think were supposed to assume that spyro heard cynder in dotd.
Thanks for commenting glad someone likes the idea.
Tell your friends, im going to start a following and bring back spyro!!
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#5 Posted: 23:44:47 10/10/2011
I think you scare me a bit.
#6 Posted: 23:54:05 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry i dont mean to appear that way. I just use alot of words. I talk alot in real life. Thanx for posting anyway!
#7 Posted: 23:56:37 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
BTW scary in a good way or scary in a bad way? only trouble with the internet is its hard to read peoples moods as you cannot hear their voice.

P.S., i hope you do know i was kidding about being delusional. And as for the hours of playing, everybody on this site has done it, or they wouldnt be on this site.
#8 Posted: 00:05:13 11/10/2011
Somewhat both. And I can relate to hours of playing.
#9 Posted: 00:29:02 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Good to know im among friends.
#10 Posted: 00:45:46 11/10/2011
Well, so long as you like fanfics...
#11 Posted: 01:32:27 11/10/2011
Eeh, I never read Spyro fanfiction. It almost always ends with SxC. It is a bit original, isn't it?

True, if it's canon, you shouldn't really screw with it. Although, even though it's half canon, I stil don't really support it.

True, they do. And nah, that's fine. I thank you for supporting my opinion.

Good point there, I never really thought of that. One more reason I don't really want more LoS...

I dislike the couple because I dislike Cynder (in DotD, I hate her attitude with Spyro! She pretty much just told Spyro to get over it and move on when Ignitus died, and when she wasn't complaining she was wallowing in self pity), and they barely know eachother. :/ It reminds me of real life, actually. It was also pretty predictable.
I think I should mention I dislike the fanbase as well. There are some sane fans (I REALLY appreciate the sane fans), but a lot of the fanbase... Ugh.

And you're welcome. :]
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:22 11/10/2011 by LevanJess
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#12 Posted: 04:55:08 11/10/2011
It would make more sense to state that the Legend Timeline (UA)
Classic>Skylanders?

So Spyro turns out to be a hero, is hailed by one from many realms etc, Grows up, starts a family and marries Elora (Umad bro's). I would of thought that alot of years passed by then till Sky landers Spyro was born and in memory of his great ancestor was named Spyro
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#13 Posted: 05:19:25 11/10/2011
Quote: Jackson117
It would make more sense to state that the Legend Timeline (UA)
Classic>Skylanders?

So Spyro turns out to be a hero, is hailed by one from many realms etc, Grows up, starts a family and marries Elora (Umad bro's). I would of thought that alot of years passed by then till Sky landers Spyro was born and in memory of his great ancestor was named Spyro

I thought the same when ANB came out in 06....>>'
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#14 Posted: 18:53:20 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
great idea for a fanfic guys ill work on that, however canon is already geared a certain way, and the majority of Spyro fans like things a certain way. As I have said before, i dont like spyro cynder fanfics, but i like that couple canon wise. As ive also said, its impossible to be objective. As for fanfics, I dont read them much except once in a while ill go on reading binges and do 50 fanfics in a few hours. I like to write them though. Thing about skylanders is I have recently learned some people in the forums are touchy about skylanders. Its impossible to not have your opinion come out in your posts, and i dont like the idea for skylanders. I didnt comment on it myself because i dont want another argument like the one ive been having with aura24 over it. I just left it open to speculation, for anyone who wants to put it in. Thanks for your ideas!!! Keep them coming, I'll keep editing the details on the timeline as more posts come in, maybe one day this could be the reality. As real as a purple dragon can get. Though as someone else on this site said, reality sucks.
#15 Posted: 19:12:08 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
levenjess i know what you mean about some fans... prysom and i have been having trouble with the same one for a while... can't we report her for something? (Half-joking)
#16 Posted: 20:14:09 11/10/2011
You mean Aura? What's she doing to you? (Just wondering)

I understand that. And you're lucky, I can only read a few fanfictions.
Eh, that's true. I, personally, think you can dislike it (as long as you give a reason), but when you insult the people who LIKE it, that goes too far.
---
but i love it all smooth
#17 Posted: 20:29:36 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, people have a right to their opinion. ok with people who insult the game, but things like the death threats that were sent to activision make all spyro fans look bad, because people are not the game(if that makes any sense). Hope none of them are on this site. And aura has just been annoying in general. Ive criticized skylanders a bit. I admit my first thread was a giant flame, but since then ive had nothing but constructive criticism, and aura doesnt seem to like that. Im beginning to wonder how much stock she has in toys for bob. other than that i might just be overreacting but it seems like shes been following my posts trying to contradict me. But youre right, people can voice their opinion. BTW how do you get more gems or get a different color sparx? And isnt sparx blue when you start out, or is the red sparx meaning hes not there.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#18 Posted: 20:41:49 11/10/2011
Sounds like something I would think of, our minds are almost alike! Its a good/COOL story base, and has an interesting plot. I would send it in as a suggestion.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#19 Posted: 20:47:09 11/10/2011
I understand what you mean. Good point. :P
Well, I'm not sure, but she doesn't really like it when people flame Skylanders because of the design. Also, I don't think she liked how you said "I hope Spyro fans who like this grow and see the light".
Good point. I'm happy you didn't make a dS account just to flame Skylanders.

Red means you're new to the site. You get gems at the end of the week, Saturday night. If you visit, you get 7, if you post, you get 3, and you will get 0-6 as a bonus. The max you can get per week is 16. :3

And your Sparx rank changes with how many gems you have.
Would you like the help files for more information?
---
but i love it all smooth
#20 Posted: 21:12:59 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
I admit im a highly opinionated person when it comes to skylanders... Maybe im old fashioned. Plus i wasnt in a good mood that day anyway. But thats stuff for the guestbook, so ill move this whole conversation there. Thanks for the Help! and no i didnt make the account for that purpose. It was more of a "while im here kind of thing" Thanx for not judging me by reading only one thread! Feel bad for prysom tho sounds like hes been dealing with aura for a lot longer. I cant remember weather it was you or not that said we should just imagine skylanders as not a spyro game. If so i agree. But this thread is becoming way to off tangent so like i said, we should move this conversation to the guestbook. Again thanx for the help! And im good without the help files. I think ive figured it all out, FINALLY!!!
P.S. Is it wierd that my posts are so long??
#21 Posted: 21:15:01 11/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanx spyroD!! Glad to see there are more psychopaths like me out there!! Thanx for posting!! Got anymore ideas?? SEND THEM IN!!! This is the future!!
#22 Posted: 23:44:32 11/10/2011
Eh, I'm very old fashioned as well. I love old video games so much.
Alright!
You're welcome! And good. ^^ I don't judge people, as I despise it when they judge me (by looks or something I say). Besides, everyone has an opinion.

Prysom? He's a bit new, but still a very active user. Which is great.
I'm not sure. Probably was me. xP
Alright! You can send a reply on my GB, although I won't reply imminently.
Okay.

Nah, mine are too. xP
---
but i love it all smooth
#23 Posted: 14:33:37 16/10/2011 | Topic Creator
I have a correction!! Spyro will hear Cynder at the end of DOTD, BUT, he they won't actually bring it up until the very end, when he finally tells her he accepts. For anyone who doesn't like S x C, read the previous posts, I have already explained why I maintain the couple.
spyro glitcher Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#24 Posted: 00:48:07 17/10/2011
I always though of the two plots merging as so.

Old Spyro was one of the first purple dragons (as his father was one too) and his legacy was the first of the heroic purple dragons. TLoS Spyro was a decendant of spyro, as was maliphor. The two fought and eventually Spyro x Cynder came to be and a new generation eventually emerged, Skylanders.

I imagine a new game would follow this process.

Old Spyro and New spyro (maybe even Skylanders Spyro too) and some other purple dragons are gathered by the first purple dragon to join forces to fight some sort of Nemesis. A beast that could, I dunno, be the reason that there are so few purple dragons, or why the purple dragons were formed.
---
Toonami is comin' back! WOOP!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:51:15 17/10/2011 by spyro glitcher
#25 Posted: 19:45:44 17/10/2011 | Topic Creator
I don't know, I mean, it seems that TLOS was meant to take place long before the original series. One of the reasons I believe this is an analysis of the Spyro world I read on MYST. Find it and read it for details. First, because it's called "legend" which implies the past. Next,everything seems more primitive and cryptic in TLOS.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#26 Posted: 23:55:54 19/10/2011
Well...yeah...my fanfics are primarily SxC, but, I do make things as oiginal as possible
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#27 Posted: 00:11:17 20/10/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Well...yeah...my fanfics are primarily SxC, but, I do make things as oiginal as possible

Oh, in originality, you get an A++. Possibly the most original fanfic I've ever read.

Although, my disdain for SxC because of the fanbase (believe it or not, I actually loved SxC at one point), has forced me to create and turn my own character into something solely to deal with my hate for SxC, he is the literal incarnation of anti-SxC, he is my brainchild and the only way I can write a Spyro fanfic involving any type of SxC.

That's the only problem I have with your fanfic, I doesn't give me a character to side with on hating SxC.
#28 Posted: 00:36:45 20/10/2011
The only big downside I see on my fics is my almost obsessive liking of "Parts", sections dividing the books...and crossovers. A bizarre, yet strangely compatible crossover is my continuation of LoS, the "crossover'd" characters are primary characters.

As for Army of Legend...manageable...but just barely. It took 14 years of fine-tuning to get those crossovers to run smoothly together. How I pulled that off is by something I call the "Dark Tower Theory"

That is:

There are millions of universes, all parallel, but running in perfect harmony. Think of each of the universes as pearls on a necklace. Somehow the pearls on maintain a smooth position, never contacting with each other. All of these universes are either a reality or a created universe. Now, imagine a single, solid body supporting these strings of universes, keeping the necklace from bending and causing pearls to contact. In Stephen King's Dark Tower books, the Dark Tower is the main support of the universes, being broken down by "Breakers" but that's entirely different.

In my mind, as time progresses, the supports weaken (the necklace string loses its tightness), and the universes start contacting. The contacting universes result in my crossovers. That, combined with all of the "universe hopping" going around is causing these worlds to contact.

Army of Legend takes place in the "keystone" world. The world that is solidly writ in concrete and unalterable. Our world here is one of the strings, because the keystone world, in my view, is the very base of the Tower, which to me is almost a physical embodiement of time. Occasionally, pearls break off, and when they fall and contact the keystone world (imagine the ground a tower stands on), crossovers occur in the keystone world.

Going even further in depth, I imagine the "created worlds" (I.e, Crash Bandicoot's universe, Spyro's universe, all universes created by people's imaginations) are much weaker than the "real" worlds, which is why multiple fictional characters are together in one universe...the keystone. Its confusing, but explains to me how Reznov and Master Chief exist in the same world.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:42 20/10/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#29 Posted: 00:41:21 20/10/2011
It's not confusing to me.
#30 Posted: 00:41:39 20/10/2011
/End my scientific rant.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:36 20/10/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#31 Posted: 00:43:28 20/10/2011
Speaking of Science.........*sniped*
#32 Posted: 00:48:08 20/10/2011
It makes sense to you?

Dumb it down then for those who don't get it please, that's as simple as I can get.
#33 Posted: 00:54:43 20/10/2011
To simplify SCF7's post.

There are many different universes, each similar to one-another, except that things are different in each one, like the Classic Spyro universe and the Legend Spyro universe. They are separated by small barriers that are too complex for me to explain.

Over time, the barriers fade, and the universes slowly collide with each other, therefore, creating a crossover.
#34 Posted: 00:57:09 20/10/2011
Thank you.
#35 Posted: 01:00:30 20/10/2011
Also, paradoxes do occur...they're uncommon, but not impossible. (Fox in Revolution's prologue explains the series of paradoxes he has to face with.)

For example, say smilie, smilie, and smilie meet...

The results aren't catastrophic to the time-space continuum, as each Spyro is still their own individual.
Physically and mentally, they're carbon copies, but experience wise and appearance, they're different.

It just results in a shiatload of confusion.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:45 20/10/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#36 Posted: 01:04:46 20/10/2011
Schrodinger's Cat, anyone?
#37 Posted: 01:06:53 20/10/2011
What?
#38 Posted: 01:08:11 20/10/2011
As in, the famous paradox, Schrödinger's cat
#39 Posted: 01:13:25 20/10/2011
Oh! Okay.

Another idea.

"Universal Absorbtion" - n. - a hypothetical, natural phenomenon in which two, contacting, parallel universes attempt to correct the time-space rupture by "absorbing" each other.
#40 Posted: 01:16:13 20/10/2011
Here's a paradox that will destroy the minds of AI that try to answer it.

"True or False, this statement is false."
#41 Posted: 01:18:06 20/10/2011
Lolol.

There's a good Stephen King riddle that destroyed a supercomputer built specifically for solving riddles....let me find it
#42 Posted: 01:23:07 20/10/2011
In the meantime, like my new avi?
#43 Posted: 01:33:13 20/10/2011
Nevermind, not paradoxes, jokes
#44 Posted: 01:33:43 20/10/2011
And yes.
#45 Posted: 01:36:25 20/10/2011
Goooood.

Well, anyway, I used to be a book of paradoxes. I actually created several involving Astronomy and alternate universes. But now I'm focusing all my attention on something else.
#46 Posted: 01:37:56 20/10/2011
*coughcyndercough*
#47 Posted: 01:52:15 20/10/2011
That, and a 3D virtual-reality machine that will put you in a medically induced coma, take your consciousness, and allow you to recreate any fantasy of any sort from a 1st-person completely controllable point of view.

You will feel everything.
Even that little thing involving you, Cynder and that shower....
#48 Posted: 01:57:48 20/10/2011
smilieDDDDD

The Terminator: Army of Legend 3D!
"You can't tell its fake!"
#49 Posted: 12:00:16 20/10/2011
It wouldn't be a movie, it would be similar to a video game, except for the fact that it is COMPLETELY controllable, as the machine used can process much faster than a human brain, therefore, possibilities literally are endless.

You can feel everything, pain and pleasure.

It will be as close to reality as anything can be.
#50 Posted: 13:06:19 20/10/2011
Sweet!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me