Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Price of Darkness [CLOSED]
begorle01 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1493
#1 Posted: 12:44:13 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness ch. 1 pt. 1
Revolution

"She's wonderful, isn't she?" A black dragoness asked her purple dragon mate.
"She is indeed Cynder." The purple dragon replied.
The one they were talking about was the little dark blue dragoness sitting on the floor in front of them. She had hatched just moments ago and was looking all around her surroundings, getting accustomed to where she was. After a couple of minutes she attempted to get up, and with the help from her parents was able to walk to them and examined them more.
The setting is the mighty Dragon city of Warfang, just a month after the attack from the Earth Dragon tribe. The wall has been rebuilt and all of the Guardians are all healthy once more. To Ember's surprise Statica made a quick recovery and was back in the council chamber before she was officially released. Glacia has also laid her egg and waits for it to hatch with her loving mate, Murghus. The Ice Queen, Krystal, has also become pregnant from her mate Adrian. All is well in Warfang, except for one dragoness.
Every day Granite would wake up early and sit on the roof of their house, hoping to see Phoenus flying back to her, even though she knew it was not going to happen. She remembered what he told her at Demetrius' castle, the words haunting her thoughts each day. Granite knew he still loved her, but also knew that he was now using the darkness. Having made her decision, she swore to herself that she will never love another dragon like Phoenus for the rest of her life. She was aware that she may die alone, but she knew that if she was with another dragon she would never really love him.
Another part of her daily routine was to visit Spyro and Cynder to see if he has come back yet, but today she skipped waiting on the roof and instead went straight to their home when she woke up. She knew their egg was going to hatch very soon, and wanted to be there when it did. When she arrived at the door to Spyro and Cynder's house she was greeted by a smiling Cynder.
"Hello Granite, you are just in time to see her." She told her.
"You mean it's hatched?!" Granite asked.
Once Cynder nodded and led her Granite hastily followed her to the living room, where she saw Spyro laying down with the little hatchling in front of him. Granite spotted it and gasped with astonishment.
"She is beautiful!" she exclaimed.
"She is." Spyro replied. "We decided to name her Luna, because the markings over her body represent the crescent moon."
"Luna, such a nice name." Granite said while walking closer.
Cynder nodded and said "although we have done some research about what the markings meant. We have learnt that she is a rare form of dragon as well, only two others have been known to exist."
"So, what does that mean?" Granite asked.
"It means that she will be just like a purple dragon, but with unpredictable powers." Spyro answered. "The only recorded element they can control is water, but they are so rare the scrolls with all of the information have been lost through the many years of not having one."
"We are hoping none of these powers will bring anything similar to what Phoenus had, but all we can do is hope." Cynder added.
Granite nodded in agreement and looked down at little Luna, whom was examining the new dragon thoroughly. After a while Luna smiled at Granite, letting her know that she accepted her as safe. Granite smiled back and watched the dragoness go back to her father and curl up by his chest.
"She's so wonderful, I wish Phoenus could see this." Granite stated.
"As do we Granite." Cynder replied. "As do we."
"Maybe one day he will." Spyro said. "If he loves you as much as he says he does then I am sure he will."
Again Granite nodded and held back her tears from thinking of the one she loves. Cynder noticed and brought her into a comforting hug. Granite hugged back, praying that what Spyro said was true.
---
A fanfic writer from DA who loves Spyro!
#2 Posted: 12:44:44 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness ch. 1 pt. 2

A red dragon returned from a hunting mission with another black dragon right next to him, both of them carrying several dead sheep in their mouths. They walked into the mighty black castle and dropped their kills off in the storage room.
"You did well today Phoenus." The black dragon stated as they walked away.
"Thank you master." Phoenus replied, keeping his usual angry expression.
"I can see the potential rising inside of you, young one. Soon I will be seeing you unleashing your full potential and becoming more powerful than any of us here!"
"No one can ever be as powerful as you are, master." Phoenus stated.
His master chuckled and said "we shall someday see."
"Master Demetrius! Master Demetrius!" Someone behind them shouted.
Demetrius turned his head to see an ape running towards them hastily. "What is it Ciqala?" he asked.
"It's your eggs! They are hatching!" Ciqala replied.
Demetrius immediately turned around and ran to his room with Phoeus and Ciqala behind. When he reached the room he hastily ran in to see his mate with two small black hatchlings in front of her.
"Hello Demetrius, you are just in time. Say hello to your children." She told him.
He walked forward and got a closer look at the two hatchlings, seeing one of them was the female and the other one of the males.
"Zarona, our children, are amazing!" Demetrius said to her. "But, where's the third one?"
Zarona looked to her left and showed him the un-hatched egg. "It has not made any movements yet, and it has been an hour since these two have hatched." She told him.
Demetrius looked over the egg to see if it had been damaged in any way, but after seeing nothing wrong he became confused.
"It… it's probably just a late bloomer." He told her. "It will hatch soon enough."
"I do hope so." Zarona replied, looking at the egg in hope to see it move any second.
Demetrius turned back to the two hatchlings and asked "what should we name these two?"
"I was going to let you decide that." Zarona replied.
The black dragon looked over the two playing hatchlings and thought over names for them. He promised to name one of them Zoidius for Leonidus, but back then he chose the one that has not hatched yet because of its blue markings.
"They've hatched?! How could you not have called me in sooner?" someone asked from the doorway.
They both looked up and saw Drakath standing next to Phoenus and looking at the two children.
"Forgive me grandfather, I had just heard the news myself a few minutes ago."
"There's nothing to forgive, now let me have a good look at them." Drakath replied while walking in and looking closer at the hatchlings. "Ah, they look so much like you both."
Demetrius lightly chuckled and said "we were just about to name them. Do you have any good ones in mind?"
After looking over the two kids once more Drakath said "as a matter of fact I do. The male looks a lot like another ally we once had. His name was Drysic, a very powerful black dragon."
"Then Drysic it shall be." Demetrius stated. "Now, what of the girl?"
"Other than your mother we never had a female ally." Drakath replied. "What about your mother's name? I think it would fit well."
Demetrius shook his head and said "it's a good thought, but I would rather not name her that. Only my mother should deserve that name, no one else."
"I understand." Drakath replied.
"What about Minarik?" Zarona stated. "Minarik was the name of one of our prisoners from a long time ago."
"Right, I remember her." Demetrius said. "She was the one that would not speak, no matter how painfully we tortured her."
"Minarik it is then." Zarona stated.
"Good, what of the third one?" Drakath asked.
"It has not hatched yet." Demetrius told him.
"But it's about to!" Zarona exclaimed while looking to her side.
The rest of the dragons in the room looked and saw the egg finally shaking a bit. It only took a couple of minutes before cracks began to form all around it. A moment later a tiny black head broke through the top of the egg and began looking around curiously. Once he crawled out of his egg he hastily tried standing up to get a closer look at the strange beings around him.
"He looks nothing like you master." Phoenus stated.
"I know, I find it odd as well." Demetrius replied with a look towards his mate.
"You really think I had the time to have been with somebody else?! We had only been free for an hour before we…"
"Yes, I know Zarona." Demetrius interrupted, not wanting her to go through that moment again. "I just wanted to know if there was any way this is actually possible."
"I have never seen it before." Zarona answered. "Could be an accident."
"I guess so."
"Anyways, it doesn't matter." Drakath stated. "You have three wonderful children now, be thankful for this gift."
"Yes grandfather, I most certainly am." Demetrius replied before looking at his three children. "My daughter Minarik and my two sons, Drysic and Zoidius."
All of the older dragons watched the three hatchlings play in front of their mother, not even aware of the future that was in store for them.

Back at Mt. Kennith the Fire Guardian, Flame, landed outside of the resistance group's hideout on the hill with his small platoon of dragons following behind him. They were met by Zachariah, the leader of the resistance at the entryway.
"Welcome back Master Flame." He said with a bow. "We are so grateful for your assistance here. With these dragons we may finally take back the city!"
"I have brought the best of the best, they will get the job done." Flame told him. "Are your men ready?"
"They are. Just say the word and we shall lead you to the city." Zachariah replied.
"Then let us get started. I have a father in there I very much wish to see."
"Very well then." Zachariah said before walking into the hideout and returning a couple minutes later with around a dozen dragons.
Flame led them all to the top of the hill where they could see the city below them. With a nod to Aden Flame gave the okay to charge. Aden obeyed the command and unleashed a loud roar, followed by flying into the sky with the rest of the troops, following Flame and Zachariah to the city with the resistance warriors and the soldiers of Warfang, ready to end this feud once and for all.
---
Purple n Spyro Ripto Gems: 1096
#3 Posted: 15:26:56 10/10/2011
Awesome and greatly written!
#4 Posted: 16:18:20 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you smilie
---
#5 Posted: 18:02:31 10/10/2011
Anytime! Cant wait for next part! smilie
#6 Posted: 18:05:53 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
smilie have you read the stories before this one?
---
#7 Posted: 18:19:27 10/10/2011
I dont know what one that would be...
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#8 Posted: 19:40:06 10/10/2011
Amazing! I love this story already!
#9 Posted: 19:50:36 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
PnS: This is the third book of a trilogy, the first being "Dark Descendant", the second being "Rise of the Imprisoned".

torok: thank you! smilie
---
#10 Posted: 21:52:37 10/10/2011
I'll be sure to read'em!
#11 Posted: 22:23:24 10/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Great! I hope you enjoy them smilie
---
#12 Posted: 05:04:23 28/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness Ch. 2 pt. 1

Meltor

The band of dragons charging the city of Kennith met with heavy resistance on their way. Large fireballs flew over their heads, but none had hit their target. Once at the wall they dove down and tackled the dragons on it, sparing their lives by knocking them out. Flame motioned his paw to Aden to take his team with him. Aden obeyed and led the dragons of Warfang to deal with any resistance inside the city, leaving Flame with Zachariah and his followers.
"Where would Meltor be?" Flame asked.
"He is a coward, never shows his face when a battle begins." Zachariah answered. "My best guess would be the throne room with the king."
"Okay, take your men and meet me there." Flame ordered. "I have someone I must see first."
"As you wish Master Flame." Zachariah replied before running off with his troops.
Once they were gone Flame turned to a recovering fire dragon and put a paw on his neck.
"Where can I find the prison cells?" he asked.
"In, in the main street, five blocks down!" The frightened soldier answered.
"Thank you." Flame replied before letting him go and running off to find the building.
He went down the five blocks and looked around for any signs of the jail cells. He found it down the street from where he was and quickly ran to it. Before he could reach it though a stream of fire shot in front of him. The Fire Guardian turned to see a dark red dragon with a gray underbelly approaching him.
"You must be the Fire Guardian." The dragon stated. "The name's Meltor, what brings you and your soldiers to our city so violently?"
"We are here to take you down Meltor." Flame replied. "I know of the allegiance you secretly have with the Earth Kingdom, as well as your plans to join them in attacking Warfang one day."
"Those are just silly rumors that the resistance has told you." Meltor stated. "Zachariah really wants to take the throne for himself to rule the Fire Kingdom!"
"Your lies will not deceive me Meltor. I have seen the letters from my father and believe every word of it! You can surrender peacefully now or we can do this the hard way."
With a growl Meltor said "you are not in Warfang anymore Fire Guardian! We do not play by your rules here!"
"Nor should this city be run by yours!" Flame exclaimed. "In the name of freedom I hereby remove you from your position and sentence you to life in prison!"
With those last words Flame charged at his enemy only to get several fireballs fired at him. He countered them with his own before reaching Meltor and bringing him down with a tackle. Meltor attempted to kick the Fire Guardian off but came to no avail. Flame was relentless in his attempt at keeping him down and delivering as many strikes as he could. Through his struggling Meltor was finally able to get his hind legs underneath Flame's stomach and kicked him off.
Before Flame could recover completely he saw a burst of fire coming to him. With no time to react he put up his wings and shielded his body. Meltor continued to shoot fire at the dragon, not letting up for even a second. Seeing that there was no end to the stream of fire Flame dove to his right and shot fire at Meltor causing him to cease his fire and jump out of the way. Flame stood up and faced his adversary once more, both of them circling each other again.
"Give up Fire Guardian! The only real fighter of Warfang is the purple dragon! You are nothing!" Meltor shouted.
"Then how is it that I've gotten past your defenses? How is it I am still fighting you?" Flame asked. "Just because you say it does not mean it is true Meltor!"
With a roar Meltor charged again. This time, though, Flame was prepared. While Meltor was running the Fire Guardian inhaled deeply and waited for the right moment. When he saw that Meltor was close enough Flame roared and unleashed a flurry of fireballs with heat waves. Meltor was caught unprepared and was sent flying into a building with the heat waves still shooting at him. Seeing his foe on the ground Flame dispelled the heat waves and waited to see what Meltor would do.
Among a pile of debris Meltor attempted to get up only to fall back down. When Flame walked over and looked at him he raised a paw weakly into the air.
"No… No more… I am done…" The weak dragon pleaded.
"You were done long ago Meltor." Flame stated. "You just didn't know it yet."
---
#13 Posted: 05:04:59 28/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 2 pt. 2

The Fire Guardian watched two Warfang soldiers approach and drag his body away in shackles. With Meltor's evil taken down Flame returned to his original goal, freeing his father. He approached the jail cell and took a deep breath before entering. He quickly noticed the room was pitch black and searched for a lamp, finding one on a nearby desk. Once it was lit he looked around the many cells. Seeing all of them empty, except for one in the very back corner. Flame walked towards the cell and examined the dragon inside and surely enough he looked exactly like he did but was incredibly skinny and looked weak.
"Felix?" he asked gently.
The dragon looked up at him, his blue eyes filled with trembling pain. "Y… Yes, that is my name." He whispered weakly.
After Flame opened the door and unlocked the shackles he said "you are free to go, father."
A look of shock went through the weak dragon's eyes. He remembered the letter he received a month ago saying that someone that called himself his son was going to save him.
"S… Son?" Felix asked weakly. "Is it really you?"
"Yes father, I am Flame, Infernes is my mother." Flame answered.
Felix smiled at the mentioning of her name. "Infernes, oh how I have missed her." He stated. "Is she safe? Is she alright?"
"Yes, she is living in Warfang and still awaits your return."
"We best get going then! I have kept her waiting for over twenty years! We have a lot to catch up on!" Felix stated with sudden energy.
"We'll go once I finish up my business at the castle." Flame told him. "Meltor has been taken care of, but the Fire King is still going to need a good explanation about all of this."
"Of course my son! Your letter did say you were the Fire Guardian, which I must say makes me proud of you beyond belief!" Felix said.
"Thanks dad. We'll talk more on the flight home."
Felix nodded in reply and followed his son outside, where s surprising scene awaited them. They saw the perimeter surrounded by the dragons of Warfang mixed with several of the Kennith soldiers surrounding the building. Flame looked around in an attempt to see what was going on, spotting General Aden among the group. Once he got a nod from the General Flame felt his heart relax a bit.
"So you are the Fire Guardian?" One of the fire dragons asked.
After a better look Flame noticed the dragon that had asked him that question he noticed he was wearing golden armor and fit the description of what the Fire King looked like.
"Yes, I am Flame. Are you the Fire King, Infernotus?" he replied.
"Indeed I am." The dragon replied before walking forward. "And it is most unfortunate we had to meet this way."
"In what way?" Flame asked.
"Because of this misunderstanding. Had I been aware of Meltor's lies I would have visited Warfang more often. I have grown very fond of your city with its design and security. I wish my grandfather had our city like that before Malefor took over. Our two cities would be much closer then."
Flame was at first confused as to how he knew about Meltor, but he saw Zachariah standing close by and realized that he must have already told him.
"Right, I remember learning about that. Because of how close your city was to Warfang Malefor targeted it first to get closer to us."
"Correct, as well as the belt of fire to prevent Warfang from attacking him." Infernotus told him. "But enough about that, now I want to talk about the plans you have for us Master Flame."
"Well, your majesty, I was hoping we could form an allegiance between our cities once again. The Earth Kingdom has declared war on Warfang, and we want to unite the other three elemental cities to…"
"Say no more Fire Guardian!" Infernotus interrupted. "Just show me where to sign!"
"Uh, well, I have not exactly written up a document yet." Flame replied.
"Which is why I had Moltyus write one up during the battle." Zachariah told him. "He should be done soon."
"Excellent! Have it sent to me immediately!" Infernotus ordered. "Until then, I invite all of you to join me for lunch! My cooks are the best around and will prepare the most delicious meal!"
"I could live with a good meal." Felix stated with a light chuckle. "Though I'll pass on the bread, I can use a lot of meat."
"Then it shall be done!" Infornotus exclaimed. "Come, I will show you around my home!"
Once the king walked away the warriors of Warfang looked at Flame to see what his reaction would be. After a moment Flame followed the king with his warrior's right behind him. Infernotus showed them around the city, but all Flame could think about was finally seeing his father for the first time. He could not wait to tell him about the life he has had with his daughter and loving mate. Over everything though, all he wanted was to live in peace with his entire family.
---
#14 Posted: 05:05:13 28/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 2 pt. 3

While Cynder was taking a nap in their room Spyro sat in the yard with his daughter napping in front of him. He watched her with a heart filled with joy, and confusion. Of course he was overjoyed to have a daughter, but with the events that had happened with Phoenus he didn't know what he was going to do. Luna may be a rare dragon, but her powers are completely unpredictable like her brothers were. He could not tell if she was going to have the same spasms as Phoenus had. She was far too young to determine what kind of power she possessed.
"Hello Spyro." A voice stated, awakening him from his thoughts.
He looked to his right and saw his mother standing several feet away. "Hello mother. What brings you over here?" he asked.
"Well I saw you sitting out here in the yard with little Luna and I could tell you had something on your mind." She answered before lying down next to him. "Now, what is troubling you my son?"
"I just cannot figure out what to do. I thought that what I was doing with Phoenus was right, but it ended up being wrong." He told her. "I do not want to ruin Luna's life as well, I don't think I could live with myself if I did."
"I see. Well, I have never actually been a true parent as you never lived with me for more than a month, but what I have learned from watching Infernes is that parents will make mistakes and it is up to the children to forgive and move on. Nobody is perfect, not even the purple dragon."
"I know mother, but Phoenus won't accept my apology." He told her. "I could see the hatred in his eyes. Even if he was possessed by Demetrius I knew that the anger was not fake."
"That may be so, but he will someday see what he is doing wrong and come home. It may take a certain event to show him, or he may need to have some sense knocked into him. Either way, it is going to happen."
"I hope so." Spyro stated with a sigh.
Icis gently reached over and nuzzled his cheek lightly before saying "he is your son. I am positive he is thinking of you just as much as you are of him."
All Spyro could do was slightly nod and look down at the sleeping hatchling in front of him while praying to the ancestors to bring his son back to him.

In Demetrius' castle Phoenus sat on top of a tower and watched the sun set in the distance. The memories of watching them with his family flushed back into his mind, making him sigh happily. In an instant, though, his thoughts went to how his father lied to him and made his suffering worse, causing him to growl with hatred.
"He lied to me! I can never forgive him for that!" he said to himself.
He climbed off of the tower and glided down to where his room was and landed on top of his bed. He laid down and quickly went to sleep, hoping to have Spyroena give him more dreams of Granite. To his surprise he instead was playing with his father in the park as a hatchling.
"I do not want to dream of this!" He shouted in the dream. "Spyroena! Take me back to Granite!"
"No Phoenus." Spyroena stated before appearing in front of his vision. "You say your father lied to you, but why would someone that cares for you as much as he did do that?"
She moved out of his way and allowed him to see his younger self laughing happily as he played with Spyro.
"Take me away from this fantasy! I do not wish to see it!" Phoenus barked.
"This is no fantasy Phoenus, this is inside your memory." She told him. "You may not remember this because you were so young, but I have found it and decided to show you."
"I would prefer it if you didn't." Phoenus growled.
"Phoenus, look at your father. He is happy to be with you, as are you with him."
Sure enough Phoenus could see the happiness in both of their faces, Seeing this brought tears to his eyes and he looked away.
"He told me everything will be fine! He told me that what we were doing would make the pain go away!"
"I know Phoenus, and that is what your father thought as well. He just wanted to see you happy again like you were here." She told him.
"I highly doubt that." Phoenus stated.
"Why would he want to see you hurt? You were everything to him."
"Oh how wrong you are." A dark voice stated from nowhere.
Phoenus and Spyroena looked everywhere for the source and could not find it. While they looked everything around them went black and all that remained was Phoenus and Spyroena.
"Who are you? And what are you doing here?" Spyroena asked.
"I recognize that voice." Phoenus stated.
"Yes Phoenus, it is I, the one who freed you from your curse." The voice said again.
"What do you want?" Spyroena asked.
"First, I want you out of here." He answered.
Instantly Spyroena gasped as she was lifted up and thrown out of the dream. When she was gone another image appeared in front of Phoenus. This time it was a mighty purple dragon with ghostly white eyes.
"It is I, Nukpana, and I have come to show you what is really going on." He stated.
"What do you mean?" Phoenus asked with a slight hint of fear in his voice.
"I am going to show you what your father is up to right now, to prove how he has betrayed you." Nukpana told him.
Phoenus watched as the darkness disappeared and his old home came into view. Nukpana led him inside the house and into the living room, where Phoenus could see his father on the floor with a little dragon in front of him.
"Is that…"
"Yes, she is your sister."
Phoenus looked over the little hatchling in disbelief. He had only been gone for a month and he already had a sister that he never knew about! What surprised him more was how his father was smiling while watching her.
"He has already moved on!" Phoenus roared. "He doesn't care about me anymore! He only cares about that pathetic hatchling!"
"Oh he does care about you still Phoenus." Nukpana stated.
"How so?"
"Just listen to what he is thinking." Nukpana answered before waving a paw.
After he did that Phoenus could hear what his father was thinking.
"She is so beautiful and perfect! I am sure she will turn out much better than Phoenus did." Spyro's voice said. "She will grow up without any knowledge of him, and once she is strong enough she will take him down herself, so that I will not have to."
Phoenus felt his heart sink inside his chest and tears began to form in his eyes.
"No… He, he couldn't have said that… He couldn't!"
"But he did Phoenus." Nukpana stated. "He is going to use that child to defeat you in his place."
Phoenus looked at the ground and let the tears fall, saying "he doesn't care about me."
"Not anymore he doesn't." Nukpana said more gently. "When you failed to get rid of the curse he began to see you as a failure as well. He now only wants to focus on your sister."
Phoenus stopped his crying but still took deep breaths. "No." he stated before looking up at them again. "She is not my sister. He is not my father! I will make them suffer! Starting with her!"
"Excellent! Use your anger against them and any other dragon that stands in your way!" Nukpana exclaimed.
Phoenus nodded and said "when she grows older, I will find her, and kill her in front of his own eyes!"
"All the more enjoyable!"
"I will show my 'father' the real cure, and how weak his element is!"
All in time young one." Nukpana told him. "You still have a lot of training to do with Demetrius. Only with him will you be strong enough to defeat them!"
"Yes master, I will not fail!"
"I know you won't. I can see a great future in front of you Phoenus, one filled with glory."
"Thank you master." Phoenus said with a bow.
"You are welcome young one. Now get back to your dreams and don't forget your goal."
"Yes master." Phoenus stated.
Nukpana's vision left Phoenus' dream, allowing him to get back to dreaming of what he wanted. World domination with his queen by his side.
---
daimondcynder21 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1218
#15 Posted: 07:26:14 28/11/2011
This story is amazing!
Keep it up!
#16 Posted: 17:50:03 02/12/2011
I love this! Keep going!
#17 Posted: 00:16:32 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness ch. 3 pt. 1

Almost There

Spyroena appeared back in the afterlife breathing heavily. She approached a blue dragon and bowed to him.
“Forgive me master Ragne, but I have failed.” She told him.
“There is nothing to forgive Spyroena, you did what you could and Nukpana is far more powerful than you are.” The dragon replied.
“But Phoenus has fallen deeper into the darkness!” Spyroena exclaimed.
“I know, and there is nothing more we can do for him at this point.” He told her. “Even from his imprisonment Nukpana is powerful. We can only hope that he doesn’t get too powerful.”
“Agreed master.”
“Go get some rest and recover your strength Spyroena, you deserve it.” Ragne told her.
“Thank you master.” She stated before walking out of the room.
The former Chronicler turned his attention back to the pool and watched it change from a light blue to the inside of a dark cave with the outline of a dragon lying down in front of a giant crystal.
Ragne used his powers to connect his mind to the dragons and said “I can sense Nukpana growing stronger each day, how is the crystal?”
The dragon lifted its head and replied “the crystal is staying strong, and I can feel his power growing stronger as well.”
“Is there anything that can be done to weaken him?”
“Not without releasing him at first, and with the amount of power he has I doubt I would be able to put him back in.” The dragon told him. “I am growing far too old to do this for much longer.”
“Do not worry, I will talk to Spyro, the new purple dragon, and discuss this with him.”
“Thank you Ragne. I have waited thousands of years for a purple dragon worthy enough to take over.”
“I would have sent another purple dragon a long time ago, but none have been able to live long enough to do it.”
“I understand. Let me know what he says.”
“You will be the first to know. Take care Mysder.”
“You too Ragne.” Mysder replied before the connection was cut.
Ragne sat back down with a sigh and said to himself “I cannot wait to see you again my love.”
---
#18 Posted: 00:17:04 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 3 pt. 2

After getting a good meal and a good night sleep Flame and his father began to fly home with the warriors of Warfang behind them. During their flight Flame told his father all about his life and what had happened in it. Once he finished it was just after noon and they were almost back at Warfang.
“Ready to see mom again?” Flame asked.
“I have been for over thirty years!” Felix replied while quickening his speed.
When they finally arrived at the gate the sun was beginning its descent over the horizon. Flame ordered the soldiers to go home and reunite with their families while he led his father to the council chamber where he assumed his mother would be.
Upon arriving at the door Flame said “wait here dad, I will call you in when we’re ready.”
Felix nodded and watched his son walk inside. Once he was inside Flame saw that Glacia, Statica, and Infernes were sitting in a circle with meals in front of each of them.
“Flame! You’re back!” Infernes exclaimed.
“Yes mother, I’m home.” He replied.
She got up and walked over to him before hugging him gently. “How did it go?” she asked.
“It went well. We took down Meltor and the Fire King has signed the treaty.” He answered.
“Excellent! Surely now we will bring an end to this war!” Infernes exclaimed.
Flame nodded then asked “what are you all doing here?”
“Glacia here wanted to ask some questions about parenting.” Statica answered.
“I have never really learned about parenting before.” Glacia stated. “Before I met Murghus I never thought I would be a mother.”
“I see. Well mother, I have something to show you.” Flame said.
“What is it?” Infernes asked.
Flame just smiled and looked back at the door, saying “come on in!”
Infernes watched the door open slowly and froze when she saw who it was. It had been more than thirty years since she last saw him, but upon seeing him again she instantly remembered the dragon she loved. She had thought he died when he went back to Mt. Kennith all those years ago.
He stood only a couple feet in front of her and looked into her eyes. “Hey Infernes.” Was all he could say.
Without any warning Infernes rushed the last few feet to him and hugged him tightly. After recovering from the shock Felix hugged her back.
“It’s you! It’s really you!” She exclaimed.
“Yes Infernes, I’m here.” He replied before kissing her forehead lightly.
Flame smiled at seeing his parents reunited for the first time in his life. He looked at Statica and Glacia and motioned with his head that they should leave. They obeyed and walked around the hugging couple and gave them some privacy.
---
#19 Posted: 00:17:50 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 3 pt. 3

Over the last month Tundra spent every day of it with his father, wasting no time in catching up for lost time. One day Adrian was eating lunch with Tundra in downtown Warfang when Eirlys ran up to them.
“Tundra, Adrian, you have, to come home, immediately.” She told them while trying to catch her breath.
“What is it Eirlys?” Tundra asked. “What’s wrong?”
“Krystal, is laying, her egg.” She managed to say.
Adrian gasped in shock before saying “Tundra, stay here with Eirlys until she recovers then come home immediately!”
After Tundra nodded Adrian rushed off and ran straight to Statica’s home. Without any care he rushed through the door and up to the guest room where he saw Statica and Glacier standing over the bed that Krystal was laying in.
Glacier looked back and said “hello Adrian.”
“Did I miss it?” Adrian asked.
“Yes, you did.” Statica told him. “But just by seconds.”
“We’ll give you two a moment.” Glacier stated before leading Statica out of the room, leaving Adrian alone with a worn out Krystal.
For a few moments Adrian watched his mate sleep peacefully with the egg lying next to her. He walked closer and saw that it was a dark blue with several green markings across it. A wide smile spread across his muzzle as he gently stroked her cheek with his paw. She shifted a little before opening her eyes a bit and looked up at him.
“Hello Adrian.” She said gently.
“Hello Krystal.” He replied with a nuzzle. “Our egg is beautiful!”
“It is indeed. I am glad you are here to see this one.”
Adrian kept smiling and licked her cheek before lying down on the other side of her. They cuddled together for a few minutes before they heard a knock at the door.
“Come on in.” Krystal said.
The door opened allowing Tundra to poke his head in. “Everything alright mom?” he asked.
“Yes Tundra, everything is perfect.” She replied. “Would you like to see it?”
He nodded in reply and walked towards his parents. He stopped at the edge of the bed and looked down at the egg.
“Looks great!” he stated. “Do you know what it’s going to be?”
“Well, I do, but try to see if you can figure it out.”
“Ok.” He replied before getting a closer look at it. “Well, it is thin like Spyro’s egg was, and it turned out to be a girl, so I am going to guess it’s a girl.”
Krystal nodded and said “you are right. You are going to have a little sister.”
“Great! I’ve always wanted a sister!” Tundra exclaimed.
Krystal chuckled a bit before bringing him into a loving hug. Adrian joined in the family hug, each of them happy to finally be a complete family.
---
#20 Posted: 00:18:05 15/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 3 pt. 4

Once Luna was fast asleep Spyro left the house and searched for the current and former guardians to talk to them about something. The first place he looked was the council chamber but he didn’t see anyone there. He then searched around the city, going to their usual places for lunch. Once again he couldn’t find them. With nowhere else to go he tried looking at the recently completed school and spotted Gravel watching several earth dragons examining the school for any signs of weakness.
He approached and said “hey Gravel.”
The Earth Guardian looked back at him and said “hey Spyro. Granite told me your egg has hatched.”
“It has, and that is what I wanted to talk to you about actually.” Spyro told him.
“Is something wrong with her?” Gravel asked. “Granite said she looked perfect.”
“She’s fine, I just want to discuss what I want to be done with her education once she gets into school.”
“And what would that be?”
“I don’t want her to know anything about her older brother, Phoenus.” Spyro stated. “It is best she doesn’t know what happened to him.”
“I see what you mean Spyro, but I’m not too sure keeping it a secret from her is the best idea.”
“If she hears what happened to Phoenus it may scare her and prevent her from using her powers.”
“Yes, but if you don’t tell her and Phoenus returns, while he’s evil or not, she will not be too pleased about it.”
“I know, but she will get over that eventually. The fear of training her powers may not though.” Spyro told him. “I do not want to risk it.”
“But Spryo…”
“Gravel, please.” Spyro interrupted. “Just please, do this for me. I lost one child, I do not want to lose another.”
“I know how you feel Spyro.” Gravel stated with a sigh. “Alright, I will tell the other guardians of your wish.”
“Thank you Gravel.” Spryo said with a small bow.
Gravel nodded his head back and watched Spyro leave before looking back at the school.
“I still don’t think it’s a good idea.” He said to himself.
Spyro was only a couple blocks away from his home when he felt something going on in his mind. He stopped and tried figuring out what it was. It didn’t take long before he heard the voice of the former chronicler.
“Spyro, there is something we must discuss.” He said.
Finding an empty alley and laid down before using his powers to communicate with the former chronicler.
“What is it Master Ragne?” Spyro asked.
“Nukpana is growing stronger each day. The purple dragon in charge of keeping him contained can no longer defend the crystal from Demetrius if he found it. It is time for a change of the guard.”
“And I assume you are asking me to do it?”
“That is correct Spyro.”
Spyro sighed before saying “you do know I just had another child hatch recently, right?”
“I do, and I understand why you would say no to taking the job, but if Mysder is attacked she cannot defend herself as well anymore and Nukpana will be free. If that were to happen the world would fall to his will within the day.” Ragne told him. “Every inch of the planet will be covered in darkness.”
“Then I will defeat him before he can do that!”
“Mysder only defeated him because she caught him by surprise. He knows of your existence and is now the one controlling your son’s mind.”
Spyro lightly growled before saying “Luna will take care of Phoenus! Nukpana will not take over the world!”
“Your overconfidence will backfire on you someday, young Spyro.” Ragne told him. “You are ignoring the duty of the purple dragon!”
“Funny, last time I heard that Malefor was telling me it was my duty to destroy this world.”
“That was Malefor speaking. He tried to trick you into believing his lies.”
“I know, and I know what my true duty is. My duty is to keep Cynder and Luna safe! Nothing else matters but their safety!”
“What of the safety of the planet?!” Ragne exclaimed. “If you do not act millions will perish by Nukpana’s claws!”
“Phoenus will know what’s right and will not free that monster! You’ll see!”
“I will not argue with you anymore Spyro.” Ragne stated. “You are on your own from here on out. If you wish to listen to reason someday then I may help, maybe.”
With those last words Spyro felt the former Chronicler disappear from his mind. He immediately stood up and continued his walk home, praying that what he did was right.

With Glacia busy at work Murghus was left in charge of watching the egg. Most of the time he sat in their home but every now and then he put the egg in the basket and went for a walk around Warfang to find some food or see if he could find Glacia. Every day since Glacia had laid the egg this is what his daily routine was. Part of him wanted to go out and train or do anything active, but he knew that his duty was now to his family.
Around sunset, when Glacia was supposed to be getting home, Murghus was taking a nap in their living room with the egg next his head. He awoke when he felt some movement on his cheek and gasped when he saw that the egg was moving. He searched the room to see if Glacia had gotten back in his sleep but could not find her. With no idea what to do he looked back at the egg and watched it move more.
After a few minutes a few cracks appeared along the top along with something trying to push its way out. Having no experience with eggs before he had no idea what he was supposed to do.
“Glacia! Where are you?!” He asked frantically, hoping his mate would walk in soon.
His prayers were answered when the door opened and Glacia walked in, Before she could say anything she saw the expression her mate had and looked down to see their egg moving.
“Sweet ancestors! It’s hatching!” She gasped as she walked up to it.
“What do I do Glacia?!” Murghus asked worriedly.
“Nothing Murghus, just let it work its way out.” Glacia calmly told him.
He nodded in reply and looked back down at the egg, seeing more cracks form along the top. It didn’t take long before a small muzzle broke through the top and took a breath for the first time. A few seconds later the hatchling tore its way through the rest of the top part of the egg and the entire head became visible to the overjoyed parents.
“Murghus, she’s beautiful!” Glacia exclaimed.
“She is indeed.” He replied. “Wait, how do you know it’s a girl?” Murghus asked.
“I have always known she was, and she has a female figure.” She answered.
“Oh, okay.”
The hatchling managed to break the rest of her body out of the egg and looked up at the strange beings towering over her and examined them.
“Hello little one.” Glacia said softly while slowly lowering her head to her.
The hatchling smiled and wrapped her paws around her muzzle.
“That was quick.” Murghus stated. “I thought hatchlings were very timid at first?”
“It’s different with each hatchling. The more energetic ones usually are quick to get used to their parents.” Glacia told him.
“Oh, I see.”
The little dragon let go of Glacia’s muzzle and looked up at Murghus, waiting to see what he was going to do. Like his mate before him he lowered his head down and lets her hug his muzzle.
“Hello my beautiful daughter.” He said. “My beautiful Eira.”
---
wingsofpurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1023
#21 Posted: 02:16:59 15/12/2011
its a good story!
---
"Man! will you ever run out of muffins?"
"No. Because I work at ze muffin factory."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:12 15/12/2011 by wingsofpurple
#22 Posted: 01:24:16 16/12/2011
This is cool!
dark spyro1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1778
#23 Posted: 21:28:26 20/12/2011
sorry i havent been on in ages and i didnt finish reading rise of the imprisond but im back now
#24 Posted: 06:38:07 26/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 4 pt. 1

Seven Years Later

“Eira! Get back here!” A young dragon yelled while running after the blue dragoness.
“You gotta catch me first Luna!” Eira yelled back.
The two dragons ran through the streets in the city of Warfang, weaving in and out of the crowds professionally. Eira kept running while looking back every few seconds to see where her pursuer was. After going through a crowd of dragons she ducked under a meat stand and laid down low. After seeing Luna run by unknowingly she sighed in relief.
“May I help you miss?” someone asked her.
She looked up and saw a fire dragon looking down at her curiously.
“Uh, no sir, I’m just hiding from my friend.” She answered.
“Oh, alright then.” The dragon replied. “You may hide here as long as you need to.”
“Thank you!” Eira exclaimed before looking back to the crowd in search of Luna.
After a minute of looking she could not find her anywhere. Thinking that it was safe to go out she crawled out from underneath the stand and stood up, still keeping an eye out for Luna.
“Thanks again for letting me hide here!” Eira exclaimed.
“Anytime young one.” The dragon replied.
The young ice dragon gave him a smile before running off again. She continued through the market at a slow pace, keeping an eye out for her friend. She walked underneath an arch, unaware of the danger from above.
“Aha! You fell right into my trap!” Luna exclaimed.
Eira looked up and saw her friend ready to pounce on her. Before she could turn and run Luna had already jumped down and tackled her.
“Ack! Luna!” Eira gasped while trying to catch her breath from Luna’s tight hold of her.
Luna smiled as she hugged Eira, saying “you can never hide from me!”
“Okay! I get that! Can you let go of me now?!” Eira exclaimed, still trying to get air.
“Oh, sorry.” Luna replied while getting off of her.
“Thanks.” Eira said while catching her breath. “Well, guess it’s my turn to chase you!”
“Yeah!” Luna cheered.
They began running again, this time with Eira chasing Luna. They stopped when they saw a young electric dragon watching them.
“Hey Thunor!” Eira shouted.
“Hey cousin. Are you two having fun?” he asked.
“Yeah! A lot of fun!” Luna exclaimed.
“Good, but I’m afraid you are going to have to end it now.”
Eira groaned and asked “how come?”
“Because asked me to come and get you Eira.”
“What does she want?”
“I don’t know, that’s why she wants you!”
The ice dragoness sighed and turned to Luna, saying “I guess I gotta go.”
“Alright, we can play later I guess.”
“Yeah! Of course!” Eira exclaimed before hugging her best friend.
Luna hugged back and watched Eira run to her cousin before walking away with him. Once they were gone Luna ran off in a different direction to go to her own home. Within a few minutes she walked up the steps and opened the door.
“Mom? Dad? Anyone home?” she shouted.
“In here sweetie.” Cynder answered from her room.
Luna walked in and saw her mother laying on her bed. “Hey mom, are you alright?” she asked.
“Yeah, just feeling tired.” She answered. “Did you have fun laying with Eira?”
“Yeah! We had so much fun!”
Cynder smiled and said “good, I’m glad you are having fun.”
Luna smiled back and joined her mother on the bed. Once she was comfortable Luna closed her eyes and began taking a nap. Cynder on the other hand could not sleep. Her mind was stuck on Phoenus.
“If only you knew, how much we miss you.” She whispered quietly.
---
#25 Posted: 06:38:48 26/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 4 pt. 2

Eira was escorted home by her cousin, Thunor. When they arrived at the house she walked in and found Murghus and Glacia both citing in the living room.
“Hey mom, hey dad.” Eira said while hugging Glacia.
“Hello sweetie.” Glacia replied.
“Did you have fun?” Murghus asked.
Eira nodded and said “yeah, I always do.”
“Good, because it will be the last one for a while.” Murghus told her.
“Why’s that daddy?” she asked.
“Because we are going to be going to the city of Pyry tomorrow to see its completion.” Glacia told her. “Your father has to go to escort the queen back, and I was thinking that we can go as well to take a vacation.”
“Oh, I see.” Eira said while taking it in.
“I’m sorry to tell you on such short notice, but we just found out this morning.” Murghus told her.
“It’s okay, I understand.” Eira said. “As long as I can say goodbye to Luna then I’m alright with it.”
“We will most certainly let you stop by her house again.” Glacia said. “She is your best friend after all.”
“And it won’t take too long. It’s a one day flight there and back, and we might stay for a couple of days.” Murghus added.
“Alright, sounds good to me.” Eira told them.
“I’m glad you like it.” Glacia said with a kiss to her forehead.
Eira smiled and hugged her again. Everyone looked up when a knock was heard at the front door. Murghus got up and opened it to see Tundra and Eirlys standing outside.
“Prince Tundra? What brings you here?” he asked.
“I have heard the news about Pyry, and I wanted to say farewell.” Tundra told him.
“What do you mean? Aren’t you coming with us?”
“I’m afraid we can’t, not with the condition Eirlys is in.”
“Oh yes, I forgot.” Murghus stated. “When do you think it will come?”
“I feel like it may be this week.” Eirlys answered. “I just hope everything goes well.”
“I am positive it will.” Glacia said while she walked up to Murghus’ side. “It will hurt, yes, but in the end it is worth it.”
“Oh I know it will.” Eirlys stated. “As long as I have my loving prince by my side I know things will be fine.” She added with a nuzzle to Tundra’s cheek.
He returned the nuzzle then said “so we will not be able to make the trip there, and I doubt we will be going back anytime soon.”
“I understand your decision your highness. And do not fear, we will be returning to Warfang after a couple of days.” Murghus told him.
“Great! Well, see you later then.” Tundra said before walking away with his mate.
Once they were gone Murghus closed the door and returned to the living room with his family. “Now, shall we go out for dinner tonight?” he asked.
“Yeah, let’s go to Damian’s restaurant, I’ve heard that his mate has recently laid her egg. I want to see if she is there with it.” Glacia answered.
“Very well then.” Murghus said before going back and opening the door. “After you milady.”
“Thank you kind sir.” Glacia replied while walking out with Eira behind her.
Once they were out Murghus followed after closing the door and together the happy family walked through the streets of Warfang together.
---
#26 Posted: 06:39:30 26/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 4 pt. 3

Blazelight sat in the living room of her parents’ house, where she too lived. She and Shadow have gotten married several months ago, but have not been able to buy a home for themselves. Flame has offered to buy one for them, but they wouldn’t allow it. They both agreed to earn everything themselves. Until the time came that they earned enough gems to buy their own house they stayed with Blazelight’s parents.
They both had jobs as well. Shadow was limited to being Flame’s assistant. He wanted to be a soldier more than anything, but without his wings he was unable to do so. Flame made sure he had plenty to do, and once their day was done he would take him to the dojo and train with him to keep them both in shape. Blazelight followed her mother’s career in being a healer dragon. She was only an assistant for now, being there to learn everything from her mother and great grandfather’s experience. But now she had to take a break from work.
She sat there, waiting patiently for her father and mate to return while her mother cooked dinner in the kitchen. She fiddled around with her paws a bit and felt her heart beating fast with excitement. When the front door finally opened she nearly jumped through the roof when she got up. Blazeliight immediately ran up and hugged Shadow tightly as she always did when he returned.
He returned the hug before saying “hello my love, how was your day?”
“It was amazing!” She replied. “How was yours?”
“It was alright, just did a lot of paperwork today.”
“Yeah, sorry about that Shadow.” Flame said to him. “It seems that nothing big is happening in Warfang anymore.”
“What about the scout’s sent to Volos? Have they returned?” Ember asked as she entered the room.
“Gravel returned last night with the scouts.” Flame answered. “He says that nothing suspicious was going on. From what they could gather the Earth Kingdom is not ready to make any attack.”
“That is wonderful to hear!” Ember exclaimed. “Maybe we can finally end this pointless war once and for all!”
“That would indeed be wonderful.” Flame stated. “When that happens we can finally return our focus to Demetrius and what he’s up to.”
After everyone nodded in agreement Blazelight said “I have something I wish to tell you guys.”
“What is it, Blazelight?” Shadow asked.
She took a deep breath and smiled before saying “Shadow, I’m pregnant.”
The black dragon felt his heart jump from hearing his mate’s words. He tried saying something but couldn’t find the strength to say it. Flame, too, was at a loss for words. He knew this day would come someday, but he never really prepared for it.
Blazelight and Ember only smiled at their reactions. Ember had already known because she was the one to confirm Blazelight’s superstition.
“You… you are?” Shadow finally managed to ask.
Blazelight nodded and said “I am, we are going to be parents!”
A single tear of joy slid down Shadow’s cheek as he hugged his mate. Silently Shadow was thanking the ancestors for giving him this wonderful gift. After all the pain he has been through, after all the suffering, he was now finally living a happy life.
---
#27 Posted: 06:39:47 26/12/2011 | Topic Creator
Ch. 4 pt. 4

When it was dark outside Granite found her way to Damian’s restaurant, which was now turned into a bar for the older dragons. She took a seat at her usual spot at the counter and stared at her paws, just as she did every day. It didn’t take long for Damian to notice her and walk to her.
“The usual?” He asked. After only getting a nod from her he said “alright, I’ll be right back.”
Once he was gone Granite laid her head down on the counter and sighed sadly, saying “another day without him.”
A few minutes later Damian returned with her drink. He just put it next to her and left her alone. When he first started running the bar he learned the hard way to not disturb her. At first he had her pay for each drink, but after a couple of weeks he stopped making her pay and made them on the house for her.
She took a little sip of her drink before laying her head back down and starring of into nothing. She had no care for anything around her, not even the group of drunken dragons approaching her.
“Hey there cutie.” The leader of the group said.
Granite did not acknowledge them at all and just kept starring at the wall.
“Hey, I’m talking to you!” The dragon shouted before slapping her rear.
This angered Granite and she swiftly grabbed her glass and smashed it against his head, making the dragon fall over unconscious. Before the other two dragons could react she used her tail to swipe their paws out from underneath them.
One of them got up and said “you are going to pay for that you bi-“
“No she is not!” Damian exclaimed. “You two better get out of here right now or I will make you leave!”
Wasting no time the two conscious dragons lifted their knocked out friend and left through the nearest exit, breaking a table before leaving.
Granite started picking up the broken pieces of glass and said “sorry about that Damian, I shouldn’t have…”
“No Granite, don’t be sorry.” He interrupted while helping her. “Moss had it coming to him anyways. He shouldn’t have touched you like that.”
Granite sighed and said “yeah, I guess. Thanks Damian.”
“Anything for my friend.” He replied while taking the pieces of glass and throwing them away.
While he went to get her another drink Granite sat back down and looked at the floor. When he returned with her drink he asked “what should I do Damian?”
“About what? Phoenus?” he asked. After she nodded he said “well, if you truly love him as much as you say you do, then I suggest you wait for him to return.”
“But what if he never comes back?!” Granite asked as she looked up at him. “What if I never see him again?”
“then it is his fault for missing out on being with a wonderful dragoness.” He answered. “Granite, do you remember that dragoness I went out with for a while when we were younger?”
“You mean the one that cheated on you?”
Damian sighed and said “yes, that one. Do you remember how miserable I was with her?”
“Yeah, you were never the same happy dragon we all knew.”
“That’s because I was with someone I did not truly love. Yes, I did have fun with her every now and then, but it didn’t feel right to be with her. I could tell She was not the one for me.”
“And your point is?” Granite asked.
“My point is that you will never be truly happy if you are with someone you do not love. You may like another dragon, but you will never feel the same love that you have for Phoenus. It will be a sad relationship for you, Granite. When Heartia and I started dating I could feel that she was the one I wanted to be with forever. You have that feeling for Phoenus, and he feels the same about you. So what I suggest you do, is wait for him. I know he will come back for you someday.”
She allowed his words to sink into her mind for a minute before saying “you’re right, I love Phoenus more than anything in the world! Thank you Damian, thank you for everything!”
“It was my pleasure Granite.” He replied.
She gave him a small hug before asking “is it at all possible to stay at your place tonight? I fear that those dragons will make a surprise visit to my house.”
“Of course you can! Our spare bedroom is open again now that Leon has gotten his own place now.”
“Thank you.” Granite said.
“I’ll take you there once my shift is finished in ten minutes.”
Granite nodded and took another sip from her drink while he went to help some of the other customers.

“Ah!” Luna screamed as she woke up from a bad dream.
Within a couple of minutes the door opened to show Spyro looking around. “What’s wrong Luna? Are you alright?!” he frantically asked.
“I’m fine daddy.” She told him. “Just had a bad dream.”
Spyro sighed in relief before saying “alright, that’s good.”
He walked up next to her bed and laid down before she asked “do you ever have bad dreams?”
He nodded and said “I do, everyone does.”
“Eira told me her dad has a lot of them. She keeps waking up from his screaming.”
“Well, Murghus has had a rough life. He has gone through so much, I am thankful he has ended up here with his mate.”
“What was his life like?” she asked him.
“I’ll tell you when you are older.” He told her. “Now, you should get back to sleep.”
“Can I hear a story first?”
Spyro chuckled before asking “didn’t mommy tell you one before you fell asleep?”
“Yes, but it was a boring story that I have heard a lot.” She told him. “I want to hear a new one!”
“A new one huh? Hmm, how about the story about how two dragons saved the world?”
“Yeah! That sounds good!”
“Alright, I’ll tell you this story, then it is back to sleep. Understand?”
After she nodded and got comfortable Spyro said “alright, this story takes place long ago, long before you were born. There was this evil dragon that wanted to take over the world. He was the strongest dragon alive, no one could defeat him! The guardians back then lost all hope of defeating him, until two brave dragons stood up to him. They were only several years older than you are now, taking on a dragon three times their size and strength. Against all odds the two dragons emerged victorious after a long battle.”
“They did?! What happened to them?” Luna asked.
“They went on to live their lives together. They ended up having a daughter and still live with her to this day.”
Luna gasped before saying “that was you and mommy?! You saved the world?!”
Spyro nodded and said “yes, your mother and I saved the world together.”
“That’s amazing! I never knew that!” she exclaimed. “How did you do it?”
“Your mother and I had a secret power that our enemy did not understand.”
“And what power is that?”
“Love. Our love for each other and for all of our friends was stronger than anything. It still is to this day.”
Luna smiled before letting out a gentle yawn. “That was a nice story… so romantic…” She said before laying her head down and closing her eyes.
Once he knew she was fast asleep Spyro gently kissed her forehead before walking out of her room and back into his. He laid down next to his sleeping mate and wrapped his paws around her.
“I love you Cynder, so much.” He whispered before falling back asleep.

Meanwhile a loud roar filled the halls of Demetrius’ castle. Every ape jumped in shock and fear, they knew their master was not happy and that would not go over well for them.
“Go, find him!” The mighty black dragon roared.
Standing behind him Phoenus bowed and said “it will be done, master.”
---
#28 Posted: 17:02:35 27/12/2011
YAYZ MOR STORYZ
#29 Posted: 16:10:06 31/12/2011
Amazing!
#30 Posted: 17:09:20 31/12/2011
when is ther going to be mor story
#31 Posted: 20:24:57 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
^ These chapters are going to be much longer, so it will take more timre for me to finish them.

Thanks for the comments guys! Much appreciated!
---
#32 Posted: 20:36:03 31/12/2011 | Topic Creator
http://www.youtube.com/user/begorle01?feature=mhee

come here to check out my videos as well!
---
#33 Posted: 05:33:34 29/01/2012 | Topic Creator
To those that still read this, I am working on the next chapter right now. It should be done before the weekend is over.
---
#34 Posted: 10:03:19 05/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 5 pt. 1

What Happened?

The sun had not even risen before Eira was woken up from her comfortable sleep. Murghus had gotten her up and after a nice breakfast announced it was time to leave.
“Why so early daddy?” Eira asked with a yawn.
“Because it allows us to fly for longer, and we will have more energy.” Murghus told her.
“Okay… may I ride on your back for a while?”
Murghus chuckled and said “of course sweetie.”
“Thank you.”
Once she had climbed onto his back he looked to his mate and said “alright, let’s get going.”
Glacia nodded in rely and led the way outside. Eira looked around and saw it was pitch black with the exception of the street lights burning every now and then. She held onto her father as he spreads his wings and began flying with Glacia close by. She looked down upon the city in awe. The lights that were still on lit up the city beautifully, she had never seen the city at this time before. Eira wished she could see it like this all the time if it had only been a bit later in the morning.
As Murghus kept flying Eirlys slowly fell back to sleep. Her body had not gotten enough sleep and needed more. Murghus looked back and saw his daughter fast asleep and smiled.
“Our daughter is beautiful.” He stated.
“She sure is my love.” Glacia replied.
“She must take after her mother.”
Glacia blushed and giggled before saying “oh stop, she has most of her looks from you.”
“Yes, but her eyes are just like yours. They are what I love the most about the both of you.”
“Thank you very much.” Glacia said with a smile, “my handsome mate.”
Murghus smiled back at her and continued flying north.
---
#35 Posted: 10:04:05 05/02/2012 | Topic Creator
ch. 5 pt. 2

“He just had to be a black dragon!” Phoenus exclaimed as he flew around in the darkness.
Just as his master had wished he searched the entire perimeter of the castle. His target was none other than Demetrius’ son, Zoidius.
“If he hadn’t been so weak we wouldn’t be in this position!”
Even with his heightened senses he was having a difficult time sensing anything in the dark forest below him. He had only been following Demetrius’ orders, and that was to make Zoidius stronger. Unlike his brother and sister Zoidius did not enjoy fighting at all and preferred to stay in his room away from everyone else. After countless attempts at trying to make him train Demetrius gave up with being nice and allowed Phoenus to train him instead. When they were alone Demetrius told him to break Zoidius and reform him into what they wanted.
Not only did Phoenus force Zoidius out onto the arena, but whenever he did something wrong Phoenus would beat the child until he felt like stopping. He did this to punish him, but to also try to see if making him angry or hurting him would trigger some kind of power he had hidden inside. Drysic and Minarik both had their own special powers, Drysic had Arb just like his father and Minarik was able to control minds, mostly on apes but managed to control Phoenus’ mind now and then.
Phoenus turned to his left when he finally sensed Zoidius’ energy. Without wasting any time he swiftly flew to the location of the energy and found what he was looking for, a weak and crying Zoidius. Upon seeing him Zoidius screamed in fear and started running. Phoenus kept on flying after him, waiting for the right moment to attack. When he was close enough he dove to the ground and landed on top of Zoidius, pinning him to the ground.
“Where do you think you’re going?” Phoenus asked with a growl.
“Anywhere but here!” Zoidius yelled as he tried to get away.
Phoenus kept his paw on him and said “your father is going to be very displeased when I bring you back.”
“No! I am never going back!” the young dragon yelled while biting Phoenus’ paw.
Phoenus pulled his paw back naturally and shook away the pain giving Zoidius the chance to start running again. The red dragon roared and within seconds dozens of apes swung through the trees towards where Zoidius had ran off.
“Bring him back to me, alive!” He ordered.
Zoidius ran as fast as his young legs would allow him to, but with all of the beatings he had taken from Phoenus and his father gave him he felt weak. He gasped when he heard the apes chasing after him and attempted to run faster. It did not take long for the nearest ape to catch up and tackle him to the ground.
“I got you!” the ape laughed. “You are not going anywhere!”
With nothing else to do Zoidius used his tail-blade to scratch the ape, allowing him to break free once more. He tried to run again, but saw his path blocked by more apes. Looking around he saw more apes arrive and formed a circle around him.
“You have nowhere to go Zoidius,” Phoenus stated as he walked up to them, “surrender now, and you will be beaten less.”
Zoidius only looked around in fear with no idea on what he should do. Without warning another ape jumped on his back, causing him to try to kick him off. The ape was too strong for the young dragon to kick off and had dug his sharp nails into Zoidius’ scales. Zoidius finally knocked him off and without any idea of what he was doing cut the apes throat with his tail-blade. He gasped as he saw blood pouring out of the ape’s throat, the life already gone from the body.
“Good Zoidius. Very good.” Phoenus stated. “You have killed your first ape, how do you feel?”
“I… I…” He stuttered between tears.
“Overwhelming, isn’t it? Let’s see if you could do it again.”
Zoidius gasped again when a much bigger ape with a sword walked forward. He recognized it as the second in command, Ciqala. When Ciqala reached down to grab him Zoidius slashed his hand with his claws. The ape growled and swung his sword at the small dragon. Zoidius attempted to dodge the attack but yelled out in pain as the tip of the sword scratched his face. He quickly fell over from all of the pain and felt blood pouring off of his face.
“That is the first of many to come!” Ciqala exclaimed.
The young dragon remained on the ground in pain, but not the pain from the cut. Instead he felt like something was burning inside his head. Within seconds it moved throughout his body, and suddenly he felt his fear change to pure rage. Phoenus watched with interest as he felt the energy rising inside of him. All of the apes except for Ciqala backed away after seeing a black aura rising from his body.
“Enough of this!” Ciqala exclaimed before reaching down to grab him.
To the ape’s surprise though, Zoidius smacked his hand away and glared up at him. Ciqala backed away upon seeing Zoidius’ appearance. His eyes had changed from a light blue to crimson red, just like his father’s. And the cut that he had just given him was now glowing with a yellow light.
“This is new.” Phoenus said to himself. He then looked at another ape and said “get him under control!”
---
#36 Posted: 10:04:41 05/02/2012 | Topic Creator
ch. 5 pt. 3

The ape obeyed his order and charged at Zoidius from in front of him only to be incinerated when he fired a stream of black fire.
“Impossible! It took me years to use black fire!” Phoenus exclaimed.
Zoidius glared at Ciqala with the lust for blood showing in his eyes. In an instant the small dragon lunged at the big ape with a loud roar. Ciqala tried to smack him away but Zoidius only bit down on his arm, causing him to yell out in pain. The ape tried to shake him off but the more he shook his arm the harder Zoidius bit down on it. He finally let go and dropped to the ground with blood covering his teeth.
“”Bah! You deal with him!” Ciqala yelled to Phoenus.
“Very well, I will take over since you are nowhere near capable enough to catch a pathetic child!” Phoenus replied while walking forward.
The black dragon turned his attention to Phoenus and glared at him, waiting to see what his adversary was going to do. Phoenus made the first move and swiped his paw at him only to have Zoidius to jump out of the way and shoot some black fire at him. He quickly shot his own black fire to protect himself and dispelled it when he had the chance. Phoenus then fired more black fire at Zoidius and saw him jump back, just as he wanted him to. Before Zoidius landed back on the ground Phoenus used his earth powers to shoot up some of the earth below him into his stomach.
Being caught by surprise all Zoidius could do was fall to his side in pain. He tried to get up but felt the power he had leaving him.
“What’s wrong Zoidius? Can’t take the heat?” Phoenus asked with an evil chuckle. “You should have given up when you had the chance!”
With no other options available Zoidius did the one thing he was good at, survive. He used whatever power he had left and focused it to get him away from there. Before anybody could do anything the young dragon disappeared with a bright red flash. Phoenus and Ciqala stood in shock at what they saw.
“What… what was that?” Phoenus asked.
“I really do not know.” Ciqala replied while holding his wound. “Master Demetrius will not be pleased to hear about this.”
“But he will be happy to hear that his son is not as weak as we thought he was.” Phoenus stated. “Go get that taken care of, I will talk to Demetrius myself.”
“As you wish.” Ciqala said with a bow before running off with the rest of the apes.
Phoenus did as he said he would and returned to Demetrius and told him about what had happened.
“You let him escape?!” Demetrius roared.
“I did my best to try to stop him, but he had this strange power I never knew he had.” Phoenus told him. “When I thought I had defeated him he suddenly disappeared.”
Demetrius growled before asking “what was this power he had?”
“I do not know, it was like nothing I have ever seen before! He had red eyes like us, and the wound Ciqala gave him was glowing yellow!”
“That is very interesting; I must try to find out what it is.” Demetrius said to himself.
“What do you wish for me to do master?”
“Leave him be for now.” Demetrius answered. “He is still alive and somewhere out there. We will find him someday. In the meantime, we must keep training the other two. They must be prepared for our grand plan.”
“As you wish, master.” Phoenus said with a bow.
“With Zoidius gone we now need two dragons to fulfill our goal. I want you to tell Dante to go out and search for any dragons with the power of darkness he can find.”
Phoenus nodded and walked out, leaving Demetrius alone. He walked over to the window and stared at the black clouds hovering above their castle.
“Soon, very soon.”

It was nearly midday in the city of Warfang and Luna just sat on the roof of her house. With Eira gone she had no idea on what to do. Thunor was out training with his mother and his cousin Blazelight couldn’t play like she used to anymore.
“It’s so boring!” she exclaimed.
After a few minutes she finally decided to glide down and go back inside. She found her father reading a note in the living room.
“What are you reading daddy?” she asked.
“Well, right now I am reading a letter from your uncle Sparx.” He answered. “And I’ve also got one from my friend Hunter, I’ll read that one later. What are you up to?”
“Nothing.” She said with a sigh. “I’m so bored! There is nothing to do!”
“Why don’t you go and try to make some new friends at the park?”
“Because none of them are like Eira.”
“But she is not here, and it is not impossible to have more than one friend.”
“I know…”
Spyro gently stroked her cheek and asked “how about we go train? How does that sound?”
“I guess that sounds nice.” She answered. “It’s better than doing nothing.”
“Alright, hop on and we’ll get going.”
As soon as she was on his back he stood up and exited the house before flying to the forest outside of the city. He landed in the same clearing he had trained Phoenus in many years ago. Some of the trees were still burnt from when he had finally learned how to breath fire for the first time. Remembering that made Spyro chuckle a bit, but kept it quiet in front of Luna. When Luna jumped off Spyro went to his usual spot and sat down.
“Remember what we talked about last time.” He said to her.
“Keep my focus on the water, got it.” Luna replied as she readied herself.
She closed her eyes and focused on the pond several feet away from her. Spyro watched a ball of water form and floated to her side. When it seemed she had control of it Spyro used his powers to summon dummies in front of her. Without even opening her eyes she made the ball change into a long whip-like shape. In a quick instance the whip struck the first dummy, causing it to disappear. She kept the motion going and struck the other two dummies next to her. Once they were gone she noticed another dummy hiding in a tree on the other side of the clearing.
In an instant she shot the whip at the dummy and hit her target dead on. She stood in a fighting stance with her ball of water next to her, waiting for the next dummy.
“That was great Luna!” Spyro exclaimed. “Now, try to see if you can use another element.”
“How do I do that?” she asked.
“It will come to you, just search your body. Feel the power course through your body!”
“Okay…” Luna replied.
Doing as she was told Luna closed her eyes and searched for any new powers. She searched all throughout her body, trying to find something new. She opened her eyes moments later and looked up at Spyro.
“Sorry, but I can’t find anything.” She sadly told him.
“It’s alright sweetie, you are still young and have a lot of growing up to do.” He replied. “Now, let’s keep training.”
Luna nodded and brought another ball of water to her and continued hitting targets. Spyro watched with half of his mind focused on her while the other half was worrying she wasn’t going to be nearly strong enough to take on Phoenus.
“She’s still young.” He said to himself quietly. “She’ll be ready.”
---
#37 Posted: 10:04:59 05/02/2012 | Topic Creator
ch. 5 pt. 4

“It’s such a nice day out!” Eirlys exclaimed while walking alongside her mate.
“It is.” Tundra replied.
The young couple had decided on taking a walk outside of the gate to experience the great weather the best way possible. Tundra was a little hesitant on letting her walk around so much, but he trusted his mate’s decision and went on the walk with her.
“Someday we will have walks just like these with our child.” Eirlys said to him.
“I cannot wait until then.” He stated with a nuzzle to her cheek.
She smiled and kept walking at a slow pace. They reached the edge of the forest, the part they both agreed on turning back.
“Alright, let’s get back to Warfang.” Tundra told her.
“Aw come on Tundra! I can go for a little bit longer!” Eirlys pleaded.
“You are nowhere near capable enough to go any farther!”
“Just a little bit more! Please!”
“No Eirlys, I will not allow you to walk anymore!”
He was surprised when he heard her giggle and say “alright, you win.”
“Shall I carry you back?” he asked.
“No thanks, I can make it back.” She answered while nuzzling him. “But thank you though, for everything.”
“Anything for you my love.”
They both smiled at each other before pressing their muzzles together in a passionate kiss. The kiss lasted only a few seconds before Tundra suddenly felt her gasp. He looked at her and gasped as well when he saw an arrow going through her neck.
---
#38 Posted: 21:18:39 05/02/2012
I want more. This is good.
#39 Posted: 01:13:46 06/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you smilie it will take some time before the next one is done though, as you may have noticed the chapters are getting longer.
---
#40 Posted: 18:57:51 06/02/2012
AWSOMENESS
#41 Posted: 02:33:50 07/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you smilie
---
#42 Posted: 19:10:12 19/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I have been unable to write anymore because my computer is broken, but this story is nowhere near done. So any and all fans that read this, please be patient, i will try to get my laptop fixed during spring break.
---
#43 Posted: 20:55:38 23/03/2012
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
#44 Posted: 19:50:17 06/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Price of Darkness Ch. 6 pt. 1

Goodbye

"No!" Tundra roared after recovering from the shock.
After catching his wounded mate and avoiding one more arrow from piercing his neck as well, Tundra located and killed the ape archer with an icicle through his head. Upon seeing the ape fall out of the tree he returned his attention back to Eirlys, whom was clutching her bleeding neck. Without knowing of anything else to do, he picked her up and started flying her back to the city.
"Hold on Eirlys! Hold on my love!" He kept telling her. "I will get you to Ember! Just hang on!"
"The… the egg… save… the egg…" she gasped.
"I will save you both! Just save your breath!"
She held onto him with one of her paws, using the other one to keep pressure on the wound. Her breathing was becoming weaker, and Tundra knew it was not going to be long before…
No, he would not allow that to happen. He was going to get her help and save her life, he just had to.
With the additional weight, flying to Ember's hospital was no easy task, but Tundra still made it and rushed inside, shouting "Ember! Ember! Eirlys needs your help!"
Within seconds Ember rushed out of one of the back rooms, gasping at the sight of Eirlys. Without any words spoken she pulled a gurney over to him, allowing him to put her down.
"The arrow has gone through her entire neck." Ember stated while examining. "It has cut through everything, healing her will not be easy."
"Can you do it?" Tundra asked, the fear of losing her getting stronger.
"It can, but… never mind, let's get her into a room and get to work." She replied while pushing the gurney into one of the open rooms.
"Can I do anything?" Tundra asked as he followed.
After stopping in a room Ember said "yes, keep pressure on both sides of her neck and prevent her from losing anymore blood."
Tundra did as he was told and held his mates' neck just tight enough to stop some of the blood from pouring out. Even with his pressure, blood was still flowing out of her neck, covering his paws.
After more examination, Ember said "this is not good. Tundra, she is going into labor! She is trying to lay the egg!"
"Now?! Why now?!"
"Save… the egg…" Eirlys gasped.
"Eirlys, save your strength! We can save both of you!" Tundra exclaimed, tears pouring out of his eyes.
"I… I love you… Tundra…"
"Tundra she's not stopping!" Ember exclaimed.
"Eirlys, my love, don't do this! We can save you! Just let her heal you!"
Ember called in her grandfather, Messick, to assist with catching the egg if she were to lay it while she moved back to her neck. She cleaned off the excess blood before ripping off part of the arrow. Ember was about to pull the arrow out when Eirlys let out a loud gasp.
"I… love… yo…" Eirlys managed to say before her body went limp.
Tundra and Ember stood frozen with shock for a moment, both not believing what had just happened.
"Eirlys… Eirlys, my love…" Tundra sobbed, still holding her neck. "Eirlys… don't go! Eirlys!"
Ember watched as Tundra made multiple attempts to revive her, but she knew, but wished it wasn't true, that Eirlys was gone and nothing could be done.
"Tundra… she's gone…" Ember told him.
"No, she can't be gone! I promised I would protect her! I would do anything to keep her safe! She can't be gone!" Tundra exclaimed, still trying to bring her back.
All Ember could do was watch him in his desperate but futile attempts. He tried breathing air back into her and tried starting her heart again, but each attempt gave the same result. He eventually gave up and cried by her side.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:40:10 07/05/2012 by begorle01
#45 Posted: 00:40:53 07/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 6 pt. 2

"Eirlys… I'm so sorry…" He said in-between sobs.
Ember walked to his side and gently placed a paw on his shoulder, trying her best to comfort him.
"No Tundra, I am sorry. I should have been able to save her. I failed you." She said as she cried as well.
Tundra gave no reply and only cried. Ember looked back at Messick and saw him holding something in his paws. After a closer look she saw that it was an egg. She was shocked that Eirlys had actually laid the egg. She took the egg and brought it back over to Tundra.
"Tundra, you still have your egg." she said softly.
The ice dragon looked up at her, gasping at the sight of the egg. He stood up straight and looked closer at the egg. "Is… is it alright?" he asked.
"Yes, the egg is healthy. I can see nothing wrong with it, and it is the right weight for a healthy egg."
After a small sigh of relief he extended his paw to take the egg. He held it close, still crying powerfully. "What… What is it going to be?"
"It's a girl." Messick told him.
"A girl… My daughter…" He looked at his lifeless mate for a moment before looking back at the egg, saying "I can't keep her."
"What do you mean?" Ember asked.
"I cannot take care of her, not by myself."
"Tundra, I know you planned to take care of your child together, but the truth is that she is no longer here and you still have a daughter to take care of."
"But without Eirlys, I am nothing. I have had no experience with raising a child, we were supposed to raise her together!"
"Would she want you to give up so quickly?" Messick asked. "Would she want you to throw away what your love for each other has created?"
After a moment of thought Tundra said "no, she wouldn't. you are both right, I will take care of my daughter. Our daughter, Eirlys."
Tundra held the egg close to him while looking at its mother. Ember and Messick walked out of the room, allowing Tundra a moment to himself. Once the door was closed Ember sighed before saying "her parents will not take this lightly."
"They will move on soon enough." Messick told her. "It will take a while, but things will return to normal someday. They did for me at least."
"I sure hope they do. Statica will try to hunt down every ape if she has to."
"I would too if my daughter had been killed by them."
"But she simply can't. She is a Guardian, and as one she must keep her composure, for better or for worse."
Messick nodded in agreement before asking "shall I send for them?"
Ember thought for a moment before saying "I recommend you go and tell them before bringing them here, the surprise will be less."
"Very well then." Messick stated before walking out of the building, leaving Ember alone.
She went into another room and closed the door before breaking into tears. "I could have saved her!" she kept telling herself.
---
#46 Posted: 00:41:34 07/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 6 pt. 3

Murghus and Glacia decided to take a break from flying just after midday. Eira had slept most of the flight, but was now wide awake on her father's back. They landed in a small clearing in a forest, a perfect place for two dragons to rest and for the other to run around chasing the butterflies that were flying.
"Don't wander off too far Eira." Glacia told her.
"I wont, mother." Eira replied before trying to grab another butterfly.
The two parents watched their daughter play around a bit with smiles on their muzzles. It wasn't long before Glacia lightly yawned and laid her heads down to rest. Murghus stayed awake to keep an eye on Eira, but could feel his drowsiness affecting him as well.
"A few minutes couldn't hurt." he said, his eyes feeling heavy.
Murghus finally laid his head down next to his mate's and fell into a light sleep. Meanwhile Eira was still full of energy and chasing around a large yellow butterfly. The frightened butterfly flew farther into the forest, causing Eira to follow. The little dragon chased the butterfly just beyond the point of where she could see her sleeping parents. After a while the butterfly flew up beyond her reach and out of sight.
Eira pouted but shrugged it off and decided to go back to her parents. Before she made a single step, though, she saw something on a tree next to her. The curious dragon looked closer and saw it was a red liquid that streaked across the tree.
"Blood?" Eira thought out loud.
Curious as to what had left this blood, Eira decided to look around for anymore. She found more on the grass close to her, still wet. She found more drops and followed the trail it made, still being aware of her surroundings though. It did not take her long before she reached the source of the blood. She found a small black dragon limping several feet ahead of her, still unaware of her presence. Eira could see the blood dropping from his head and could hear its whimpers of pain.
"Hey, are you okay?" she asked him lightly.
The dragon made a small yelp and jumped in surprise, turning to look at her.
"Who… who are you?" he asked as he backed away.
"It's okay, I wont hurt you, I want to help you." She calmly told him. "My name is Eira."
The black dragon examined her for a moment in an attempt to figure out if he could trust her or not. He noticed her scales were blue, not black, and she did not seem familiar or looked like someone that would harm him. The thing that caught him the most were her eyes. He looked into them and felt safe, a feeling he had long thought to be gone.
"Z… Zoidius… my name is Zoidius." He finally told her.
"Hello Zoidius, it is nice to meet…" Eira began, but was cut off by Zoidius collapsing to the ground.
Fearing the worst Eira quickly ran back to her parents and shook her father's leg until he woke up. "What is it sweetie?" he asked after a yawn.
"I found a dragon in the forest! He's badly injured!" Eira exclaimed.
Murghus wasted no time in getting up and saying "take me to him."
Eira led him back to where Zoidius was laying, thankful to see him still there. Murghus checked his pulse and said "he's still alive, but very weak. I do not have the skills nor supplies to help him here."
"What are we going to do daddy?" Eira asked.
"We shall take him to Pyry with us. Warfang is too far away now to go back." he told her.
Murghus laid down to allow Eira to get Zoidius onto his back. Once he was safely on, Murghus got back up and led Eira back to where Glacia was waiting.
"What happened?" she asked.
He told her everything that had happened and added "Eira will keep him warm while we pass through the Pyry blizzard. After that we will get him to the healer."
"Alright, we best get going. He does not look that healthy."
After Eira climbed onto her fathers' back and held onto him tightly, the two dragons took off and continued their flight to Pyry at a quicker pace. During the flight Murghus couldn't get something out of his head.
'Who is this dragon, and why does he smell familiar?'
---
#47 Posted: 00:42:19 07/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 6 pt. 4

"Faster, Drysic, faster!" Demetrius roared at his son.
Ever since Zoidius' disappearance, Demetrius put Drysic through harder than usual training sessions. He wanted Drysic to be ready to fight sooner, he was tired of waiting. Drysic was finally old enough to be taught to fight and he was going to make sure he was the best he could possibly be.
"Yes, father." Drysic replied before readying himself again.
Demetrius summoned another shadow being about twice the size of Drysic, but that did not alter his stance at all. Instead, Drysic waited for the shadow to attack before rolling out of the way and striking the shadow across the neck with his tail.
"Better. Now, take a few moments to rest." Demetrius told him.
Drysic nodded in reply and walked out of the dojo to get a drink. On the way he walked by his sister, Minarik, and said "you're missing out on some great training."
"You know I don't do fathers' training. I, unlike you, use my head in a fight." she replied.
"Your head will be no good against a full grown dragon!"
With a sly grin Minarik focused her power to get inside Drysic's head, quickly getting past his mental defense and gaining control. "You say you can beat an adult, and yet I can so easily make you do whatever I want you to do. Like…"
Drysic struggled to resist, but Minarik forced his body to bring up his own tail-blade and put it against his own neck.
"Minarik! How many times must I tell you not to use your powers against your brother?" someone asked from behind.
Minarik released Drysic from her control and turned to see her mother standing in the doorway. "He was asking for it!" she told her.
After a moment Zarona grinned and said "that's my girl."
Minarik grinned as well and watched their mother walk away before turning back to the recovering Drysic. "Still think the mind isn't valuable?" she asked him.
Drysic only growled in reply and walked away. Minarik laughed and continued walking in the opposite direction. She continued to walk until she spotted Dante walking towards her with another dragon she did not recognize at all.
"Minarik, have you seen your father around?" Dante asked her.
"He is probably still in the dojo." she answered.
"Thank you." Dante replied while walking past her.
As he walked Minarik watched the dragon that was following him. He was a full grown black dragon with yellow scales under him with what looked like a white axe on his tail. As the dragon walked by he looked down at Minarik, giving her a little wink before moving on. Minarik was left in confusion of both who that dragon was and why he blinked at her, but she couldn't care less about either and moved on.
Dante led the dragon into the dojo, telling him to wait there as he walked farther in to find Demetrius meditating in the middle with dark flames circling him. He walked up close to his master, but Dante knew better than to disturb him in his personal time. Instead, he just sat and waited patiently. He didn't have to wait long before the flames were extinguished and Demetrius was moving again.
"What is it you want Dante?" Demetrius asked.
With a bow, Dante said "Master, I have been searching all across the land as you have requested."
"And? Have you found anyone?"
"Yes, master. I found one dragon living not too far from here."
"You have?" Demetrius asked with some excitement in his voice. "Show me."
Dante looked behind him, as did Demetrius, and watched the black dragon approach them.
"So, you are the legendary Demetrius?" the dragon asked as he approached.
"I am, and who might you be?"
"It is an honor, sir. My name is Nimrod."
"Nimrod? And why have you not found me earlier?"
"Forgive me, but I had some of my own issues to deal with."
"Very well, at least you are here now. I do not know if Dante has told you or not, but I am in need of your services to release my father, Malefor, from his imprisonment."
"And what are your intentions?" Nimrod asked.
"If you fear of us trying to destroy the world again, fear no more, for we plan to take over now, starting with Warfang."
"Good, because I am not anywhere near done with my personal goals." Nimrod stated.
"And those are?" Dante asked.
"Nothing much, just to produce an actually powerful offspring."
"I guess you have had some failures?" Demetrius asked.
Nimrod nodded and said "many, actually. Most died before they hatched, some died when I tried to train them, but one has survived."
"Where is he?"
"I do not know, his mother helped him escape one night while I was, busy, with someone." He answered. "By the time I had learned of his escape he was already long gone."
"I guess a whole days flight does give him an advantage." Dante stated.
Demetrius was confused when he heard Nimrod suddenly start laughing. "What is so funny?" he asked.
"My son couldn't fly!" Nimrod answered after calming down. "I ripped his wings off several years before he ran away!"
Now Demetrius' confusion turned into shock. He had no care for the well being of any dragon, all except for his mate and kids. He had done some harsh things to Zoidius that he never regretted, but he could never have even imagined pulling off his own sons' wings.
"Why did you rip his wings off?" Dante asked.
"He tried running away once, but I caught him and that's how I punished him. After that he seemed to have become stronger, so I didn't bother killing him."
"Where do you think he is now?" Demetrius asked.
Nimrod shrugged and said "probably Warfang. I've heard his mother tell him stories about that city."
"And what powers did he have exactly?"
"On good days I was able to get him to use shadow abilities, sometimes even darkness."
This caught Demetrius' attention. If his son was still alive, then they just might have the last dragon they needed. "And his mother?"
"She's alive, but currently carrying another egg."
"Alright, I have something special planned." Demetrius stated. "Dante, go get Phoenus and introduce him to our friend here."
---
#48 Posted: 00:42:50 07/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Ch. 6 pt. 5 final

"Ready mother?" Spyro asked.
"I am." Icis replied.
"Alright, let's go say hi to dad." Spyro said as he led her out of her house.
She followed him to where he usually took her to each month, the vision pool in the council chamber. They had made it a tradition for him to open a connection with Ignitus once a month, so to avoid interfering with his work as little as possible. He also flew her to the White Isle. every now and then, taking over the duty of chronicler for a day to allow them to spend some time together.
They arrived at the council chamber and sat around the pool as they always did. Spyro used his powers to summon the image of Ignitus, busy at work as he always was.
"Hey Iggy." Icis said with a smile.
"Hello Icis my love." Ignitus replied. "How are things with my beautiful dragoness?"
"Same as they've always been, boring without you." she told him.
"I keep telling you that you should find another dragon to keep you company."
"And I keep telling you that's never going to happen. I've made my vows to you and I intend to keep them until the day I day."
"That is why I love you so much." He said. "Spyro, I actually have something I wish to tell you."
"What is it dad?" he asked.
"I decided to do some more research on Malefor's past to find anything we could use against him or Demetrius."
"Did you find anything?" Icis asked.
"Yes, and no." Ignitus replied. "I did find something, but it is not something that can be used against him. In fact, it could be used against us."
"What is it?" Spyro asked.
Ignitus took a moment before saying "I have found, that Demetrius is not the only child Malefor has had. There is one more."
"What?! Is he still around?"
"No, Spyro, she is not still around. She died many years ago. The reason we don't know about her is because Malefor didn't even know about her. Before he turned evil, Malefor was in a relationship with another dragoness that wasn't Demetrius' mother, Karyma. She was a fire dragoness, and also the daughter of the Fire Guardian of the time.
"They separated just before he was banished, but to her surprise she had become pregnant. Since Malefor was banished she knew he could never raise the child, so she attempted to convince her next mate that it was theirs."
"What happened to the child?" Icis asked.
"She grew up with a normal life with her mother and stepfather with no knowledge of the Dark Master being her father. She ended up having a family, and continued the lineage until…"
"Until what, dad?"
Ignitus sighed and said "she is my ancestor, Spyro. You are related to Malefor."
---
#49 Posted: 19:08:55 10/05/2012
AS SOON AS I SAW THE LAST LINE I WAS LIKE FTW
Denragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2763
#50 Posted: 14:39:23 11/05/2012
Nice chapter
---
"Everyday we make our own story to tell later for the next generation of us." -Denragon
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me