darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro the Dragon > Two weird (maybe unused) music in Dry Canyon and High Caves
Page 1 of 1
Two weird (maybe unused) music in Dry Canyon and High Caves [CLOSED]
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#1 Posted: 16:34:22 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
When I was hanging around in the Dry Canyon for so long (I was taking photographs using my Nintendo 3DS at the time), I heard this weird music that's not available in the original soundtrack and I even recorded it but it's in low quality so I can remember how the music supposed to sound like. Is it only available in the European version of the game? It's kinda like when I stayed in Haunted Towers for so long (obviously figuring out how to reach the only dragon I haven't rescued yet) and I ended up hearing the Peace Keepers Alternative theme. Also, the theme of High Caves is different to the theme in the American version. The theme in the European version sounds like the same music as the Beast Makers Alternative but at a faster or normal pace with an altered melody.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#2 Posted: 18:07:41 30/09/2011
If you can post these songs, that would be a big help. smilie The American soundtrack for Spyro 1 has at least 40 songs to it, many of which are alternate themes you rarely hear in gameplay, so it's not impossible they are in the US versions.
#3 Posted: 22:44:15 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Both of these songs were neither in the soundtrack. A deviantART friend of mine sent all 40 songs from the soundtrack via e-mail. The High Caves theme in the European version is different to the theme in the American version, like I said earlier.

Lol, I didn't realise you're on this website too! :-O smilie
---
#4 Posted: 23:06:23 30/09/2011
I'd love to hear these songs if you can ever find them. smilie I'm good at sorting out music.

Heh, yep. I've been here for years.
#5 Posted: 17:56:01 01/10/2011 | Topic Creator
They weren't in the soundtrack so I don't know how or where to get these songs. Actually, I prefer the High Caves theme in the European version instead of the American version 'cause it has a different melody and it doesn't sound similiar to the US version. It sounded like a weird, slow version of the Tree Tops theme.

How long have you stayed there? By the way, do you know how I can get gems or upgrade my status from a Red Sparx?
---
#6 Posted: 18:52:08 01/10/2011
It's possible that the music is from Spyro 2 (I know something similar happened with the PAL version of Spyro 3 where a lot of people thought they got extra songs in it but it turned out to be some tracks from another Spyro game). Maybe someone else has them up on YouTube? smilie

I think I've been here since 2007 or so. I forget. smilie It's been so long. You get gems by coming to the forum at least once a week. Every Sunday, a set number of gems is delivered to every user who visited during the week.
ccrogers15 Ripto Gems: 248
#7 Posted: 11:21:32 03/10/2011
i ripped them from the PS1 disk. He really is right. hes talking about music "lost" or "hiding" in the original spyro.
Here are links to the videos:
PART1:

PART2:

PART3:

PART4:

The tracks can be downloaded from the link in video description.
Your welcome smilie
NOTE: It appears that artisans and gnastys island dont have alternates. How sad smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:22:29 03/10/2011 by ccrogers15
#8 Posted: 15:40:24 03/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
It's possible that the music is from Spyro 2 (I know something similar happened with the PAL version of Spyro 3 where a lot of people thought they got extra songs in it but it turned out to be some tracks from another Spyro game). Maybe someone else has them up on YouTube? smilie

I think I've been here since 2007 or so. I forget. smilie It's been so long. You get gems by coming to the forum at least once a week. Every Sunday, a set number of gems is delivered to every user who visited during the week.

Um... I don't understand what you're talking about but I seriously know what I thought I heard. smilie The High Caves theme in the European version was used instead of the theme (it sounded like a slow, altered version of Tree Tops) from the American version of the game from the soundtrack. As for the weird, unused music in Dry Canyon, that wasn't in the Spyro the Dragon soundtrack either.
---
#9 Posted: 15:42:08 03/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: ccrogers15
i ripped them from the PS1 disk. He really is right. hes talking about music "lost" or "hiding" in the original spyro.
Here are links to the videos:
PART1:

PART2:

PART3:

PART4:

The tracks can be downloaded from the link in video description.
Your welcome smilie
NOTE: It appears that artisans and gnastys island dont have alternates. How sad smilie

That's still not helping me, I've already got those songs on my MP3 player from one of my deviantART friends.
---
#10 Posted: 17:37:34 03/10/2011
I'll check out these tracks on Wednesday when I've got a computer with speakers again. smilie
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#11 Posted: 20:55:53 03/10/2011
I've heard each of those songs. They aren't hidden.
#12 Posted: 22:06:59 03/10/2011
yea they should help. I just told you what.
Those songs can randomly play at any time in any level of there designed world. Like the peace keepers alternate theme can play in any peace keepers realm and so on. Basicly at random. I even heard the magic crafters alternate theme, even in sunny flight. So there not unused. Thats all from the PS1 disk. I used a PS1 music ripping tool from zepher forums and such. Thats all the weird music.
#13 Posted: 22:21:56 03/10/2011
It's playing songs from other levels. The game is going through a data problem, where idling (or excessive data to load) can cause a few little values to change and execute the programming to play certain music. You can actually force this on Hurricos using the proxy jump. The game has mountains of data to process with multiple uses of the glitch, and it can reset the music.
#14 Posted: 04:26:03 04/10/2011
By the way, Prysoms right. Also if you sit in the worlds and take out the spyro CD, put the spyro 2 or 3 CD in, and guess what? A random spyro 2 or 3 track will play. No joke.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#15 Posted: 19:15:46 04/10/2011
Quote: ccrogers15
By the way, Prysoms right. Also if you sit in the worlds and take out the spyro CD, put the spyro 2 or 3 CD in, and guess what? A random spyro 2 or 3 track will play. No joke.

I've never even though of trying that as I'm so dumb.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#16 Posted: 20:14:47 04/10/2011
It's all about data reading. When a certain amount of data loads in games (or any program), it often either resets or starts fragmenting (No defragging for PS, so they choose the reset). Certain data is loaded back to a reliable point of similar quality, and often, a bug occurs in which the program execution for song choice resets, and starts a new track.

In the Hurricos data overload, continual proxy jumps resulted in me getting Gulp's Overlook's track to play. When the proxy jump occurs, you gain altitude very fast, and enormous mountains of data must be processed. Repeated attempts causes it to give data faster than the Playstation disc and system could possibly load (given its specs), and that causes a little bit of data to scramble as the system attempts to start back from a backup point.
#17 Posted: 20:23:35 04/10/2011
Quote: Prysom
It's all about data reading. When a certain amount of data loads in games (or any program), it often either resets or starts fragmenting (No defragging for PS, so they choose the reset). Certain data is loaded back to a reliable point of similar quality, and often, a bug occurs in which the program execution for song choice resets, and starts a new track.

In the Hurricos data overload, continual proxy jumps resulted in me getting Gulp's Overlook's track to play. When the proxy jump occurs, you gain altitude very fast, and enormous mountains of data must be processed. Repeated attempts causes it to give data faster than the Playstation disc and system could possibly load (given its specs), and that causes a little bit of data to scramble as the system attempts to start back from a backup point.

I used to use the moon jump cheat from a code cd, and that's never happened to me.
---
#18 Posted: 20:34:00 04/10/2011
The moon jump cheat is a normal jump speed. See, your acceleration and speed are normal with moon jump. It just changes your height. However, the proxy jump launches you upwards incredibly fast, far faster than you go when jumping. So fast, that gravity sets back in hundreds of feet up, yet you travel upwards for maybe 2-3 seconds (Average jump time).
#19 Posted: 20:41:20 04/10/2011
The moon jump cheat is a normal jump speed. See, your acceleration and speed are normal with moon jump. It just changes your height. However, the proxy jump launches you upwards incredibly fast, far faster than you go when jumping. So fast, that gravity sets back in hundreds of feet up, yet you travel upwards for maybe 2-3 seconds (Average jump time).

Obviously.
---
#20 Posted: 20:43:57 04/10/2011
I may not know my computers, BUT I KNOW MY PS1 CRAP.
#21 Posted: 20:48:12 04/10/2011
I may not know my computers, BUT I KNOW MY PS1 CRAP.

Oh, certainly.
---
#22 Posted: 02:15:23 05/10/2011
well either way, if people wanna extract music and they dont know how, ask me and i will do it. Ive got over 1000 PS1 games on my shelf. Also i can give you a link to a music extracter. And no, its not illegal. And there is this thing people use to hack the game called CHEAT ENGINE and i use it too on resident evil to activate lost rooms.
#23 Posted: 17:03:07 05/10/2011
Well, if I really wanted to, I'd get ALL the data file from it and read them on PC.
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#24 Posted: 03:23:25 19/01/2012
This has happened to me, too. But while playing Spyro 2. Left on main screen too long. What I think happenes is this: There are some unused tracks in the game, BUT there are no codes in the game for them to play, so they basically just get stored and stuck there. But, the music loops in the games aren't programmed to play for extremly long times, so when that really long loop ends, the game doesn't know what to do, so it summons music from out of the game. Or, as ccrogers15 said, there's an alternative theme for each set or levels within a home world that plays when the loop runs out. There also may be a bug in the coding that makes random music play. Like with one person where they were talking to a seal in Spyro 3 when the music from one of the bosses started to play randomly. Either coding errors, deseganted alt themes, or the game just summoning tracks.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#25 Posted: 11:35:13 03/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: AshETERNAL
This has happened to me, too. But while playing Spyro 2. Left on main screen too long. What I think happenes is this: There are some unused tracks in the game, BUT there are no codes in the game for them to play, so they basically just get stored and stuck there. But, the music loops in the games aren't programmed to play for extremly long times, so when that really long loop ends, the game doesn't know what to do, so it summons music from out of the game. Or, as ccrogers15 said, there's an alternative theme for each set or levels within a home world that plays when the loop runs out. There also may be a bug in the coding that makes random music play. Like with one person where they were talking to a seal in Spyro 3 when the music from one of the bosses started to play randomly. Either coding errors, deseganted alt themes, or the game just summoning tracks.

The PAL version has a different High Caves theme and I don't see it as part of the original soundtrack of the game. I don't know if there's a way of getting this music track in high quality.
---
#26 Posted: 23:01:04 03/02/2012
Aren't the four videos posted earlier in the thread the music you're looking for? I've got all of the pieces as .mp3s or, alternately, it's pretty easy to find a good YouTube to Mp3 converter on-line.
#27 Posted: 18:05:15 04/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Aren't the four videos posted earlier in the thread the music you're looking for? I've got all of the pieces as .mp3s or, alternately, it's pretty easy to find a good YouTube to Mp3 converter on-line.

Nope, they are obviously not helping me and are nothing to do with what I said. smilie
---
Azrael Red Sparx Gems: 37
#28 Posted: 05:05:18 05/02/2012
I'm not exactly sure what songs they are but might I ask if this is one of them? It's not on the soundtrack I own and from what I heard, could be ripped from the disc.

#29 Posted: 00:14:34 14/02/2012
Well, like I've said a few times before, Mariofanstar, if you'll post the tracks so we can hear them, we can help you find them.

Azrael, that sounds like a possible early version of some Spyro 1 music or a medley. I don't recall ever hearing it in-game, but it sounds pretty cool. It could be something by Copeland or a fan remix.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#30 Posted: 03:16:10 14/02/2012
Aren't you female?

Anyhow, I've heard and seen all, being a Spyrofantard since I was 5.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#31 Posted: 05:41:49 14/02/2012
Nope. Not sure what my gender has to do with this topic anyway.

So do you know where Azrael's music is from, then? Or Mariofanstar's?
#32 Posted: 10:51:53 14/02/2012

For some reason I thought you were female.

When I used to play Spyro 1 as a kid I used to take forever to pass a level and I know that sometimes a different soundtrack would come on, I just thought that the game was glitching up a bit.
---
#33 Posted: 15:01:29 17/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

For some reason I thought you were female.

When I used to play Spyro 1 as a kid I used to take forever to pass a level and I know that sometimes a different soundtrack would come on, I just thought that the game was glitching up a bit.

It's weird that the European version have a different theme for High Caves. I prefer that version over the theme in the American version.
---
#34 Posted: 06:34:48 20/02/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

The PAL version has a different High Caves theme and I don't see it as part of the original soundtrack of the game. I don't know if there's a way of getting this music track in high quality.

The tracks could possibly vary from version to version. I have Greatest Hits.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#35 Posted: 12:22:28 20/02/2012 | Topic Creator

As in Platinum version?
---
#36 Posted: 00:03:42 21/02/2012

As in Platinum version?

Yeah, I think it's the equivelent of that.
---
#37 Posted: 14:21:50 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator

As in Platinum version?

Dang... I only have the standard version which isn't platinum. smilie But at least, it's better than no Spyro game. smilie Speaking of the first game, the Credits music just ended up playing in the Lofty Castle level. smilie
---
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#38 Posted: 20:19:30 21/02/2012
i got the wierdest music in Gnasty's Loot!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#39 Posted: 03:15:10 22/02/2012

As in Platinum version?

Dang... I only have the standard version which isn't platinum. smilie But at least, it's better than no Spyro game. smilie Speaking of the first game, the Credits music just ended up playing in the Lofty Castle level. smilie

Now that's plain weird... Is all our music changing roles?!
---
#40 Posted: 17:53:40 22/02/2012 | Topic Creator

I had the standard/original European version of Spyro the Dragon since 1998. However, the music track for High Caves is different.
---
#41 Posted: 22:56:30 22/02/2012

I had the standard/original European version of Spyro the Dragon since 1998. However, the music track for High Caves is different.

Well, if you have the European version, that might be it. I have the american one.
---
#42 Posted: 19:22:35 23/02/2012 | Topic Creator

Well, if you have the European version, that might be it. I have the american one.

A few days ago when I played the game on my PlayStation 2, I ended up hearing a music track of the credits in Lofty Castle. smilie_o:
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me