Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Raven Meets Her Match [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#101 Posted: 00:26:00 13/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, he's such a goofball. smilie he's trying so hard, yet he's making a fool of himself. smilie

Chapter 32: A Failure?

the date started out with dinner. Beast Boy had planned on a fancy resturaunt, but he forgot to clue in how expensive they are. he couldn't afford anything too nice. after a few failed attempts at finding a nice resturaunt, the two Titans ended up going to the pizza place. they ordered thier food and talked while they ate.

"i'm sorry we couldn't go to any nice places." he said, sure he was screwing up the evening. his eyes lowered to the table, his head low, and his ears droopy.

"its ok. we don't have to go to a fancy resturaunt. i'm fine with pizza." she said. although she said that, he didn't really feel much better. he had a perfect night planned, and so far, he wasn't having much luck. not paying any attention to what he was doing, Beast Boy chowed down on a bite of pizza, not realizing that the slice he had picked up had meat on it, and that he had just taken a bite. they had ordered a pizza that was half pepperoni and half vegetarian. "Beast Boy, that's--" Raven tried to warn him, but it was too late. when Beast Boy realized what he had eaten, he looked simply disgusted, and then vomited on the ground beside his seat. once he was done retching, he took a big gulp of water. "are you ok?" she asked. he looked at her, seemingly greener than usual.

"yeah, fine, but i think i lost my appitite." he said, still sounding a bit sickened at the thought of eating meat.

"well, that's fine, we can go to the movies now, if you want." she offered.

"but arn't you still eating?" he asked, not wanting to interupt her.

"no, that's ok. i'm not that hungry." she said. so then they left the pizza place, and went to the movie theatre. Beast Boy had planned on watching a horror movie with Raven, something he knew she would like, but the only thing playing at the time was a comedy. so he bought tickets, and they went to take thier seats. to Raven's dismay, the comedy was one that contained immature humor that only Beast Boy would find funny. as Beast Boy could hardly contain his laughter, Raven thought of continous witty remarks to every corny moment, which was almost the entire lenght of the movie. she didn't say any of them, though, and just allowed everyone else to enjoy the movie, even though she wasn't. Beast Boy was almost too busy laughing to even notice she was there. by the end credits, he looked over to see what her reaction was. stone cold. she couldn't have been more still and quiet if she were a statue. he could tell she was not amused at all, if not miserable. as they made thier way out of the movie theatre, he apoligized for the bad movie.

"i'm sorry the movie was so bad. i would have got tickets for a horror movie, but none were playing." he said.

"its ok, Beast Boy. it may not exactly have been my taste, but at least you enjoyed it." she said. they headed back to the Tower, and stood outside on the rocky beach. his head was low, and his ears drooped. he was sure he had ruined the evening. Raven would probally never want to see him again, let alone go out with him.

"i'm sorry everything was so bad. i'm sorry the date was such a failure. i understand if you never want to speak to me again." he said, as he started to drag his feet inside. he stopped when a hand gently touched his shoulder.

"Beast Boy, look at me." she said, softly, yet sternly. he turned to face her. "it wasn't as bad as you think. you didn't fail. one night of being around your goofy self is not going to make me never want to see you again. i'm used to your antics by now. i had a better time tonight than you would expect. don't beat yourself up over this. you tried your best, and that's all someone can ask for. i appreciate the gifts, and despite your belief, i did have a good time." she said, showing a small smile at the end. Beast Boy grinned wide, a spark in his eyes as he blushed. the night wasn't a complete failure. Raven did like it, she just didn't show it very much. "you know, if Starfire still plans on setting me up on a date with someone, i hope they put as much effort into it as you did. goodnight, Beast Boy. i'll see you in the morning." she added. she then walked past him and headed inside. Beast Boy walked in after her with a big, goofy grin on his face.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#102 Posted: 04:19:45 13/10/2011
Awww......... :3
#103 Posted: 22:21:15 13/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, nice little moment there. :3

Chapter 33: A Seemingly Normal Morning

it was a peaceful, quiet night. Beast Boy slept well. in fact, he slept great. he had dreams throughout the night. each dream had something to do with Raven. at first, he had dreamed that he made a complete fool of himself, and failed at everything he did to impress her. this did not surprise him. it basically happened. yet no matter what he did, Raven never seemed to mind. his dream continued, playing out her speech, that she truly enjoyed the night out, even if it didn't go as planned. every word she spoke was like music to his pointed ears. not only did he rather enjoy hearing her voice, but what she said brought him great joy. it wasn't a complete disaster like he thought. it actually went quite well. the last dream he had didn't really happen, but he was so happy just dreaming it, that he wished it had. like a previous dream he had, the two of them kissed. the first time was a surprise, but he still enjoyed it. this time, it almost seemed right, and it felt even better. it almost seemed real, until the alarm clock sounded, ending his perfect state of contentment. as he suddenly awoke, startled beyond belief, he nearly fell out of the top bunk of his bed. he lazily turned off the alarm, and looked at the clock. 10:00am. he almost felt like rolling over and returning to dreamworld, but he remembered that he agreed to help Cyborg with something. groaning, he got up out of bed and headed into the kitchen. the others were already up, not surprisingly. Cyborg was cooking breakfeast, bacon, eggs, and waffles. Robin and Starfire were sitting next to each other at the table, eagerly awaiting thier breakfeast, and chatting as they did so. Beast Boy had spotted Raven sitting by herself on the couch. she was already sucked into one of her books, a cup of herbal tea sitting on the coffee table in front of her. the changeling headed for the kitchen.

"morning, BB." the tin man greeted.

"greetings friend!" the alien girl beamed.

"hey, Beast Boy." thier masked leader said.

"hey." he said, lazily, still seemingly half asleep. he got out some cereal, a bowl, spoon, and the milk that only he drank. he sat down across from Starfire, and began to eat his breakfeast, not even bothering to make conversation, or complain about the meat being cooked.

"anything wrong?" Cyborg asked, concerned that his green friend was being so quiet.

"nah, just tired." he replied simply with a small smile. before long, breakfeast was over, and the Titans were simply talking, all but Raven, who hadn't moved since.

"its your turn to do the laundry this week, Star." Robin said. she nodded, understanding her job.

"very well. i shall commence of the washing of the clothing." she said. with the guys permission, she could go gather dirty laundry for the wash. she then floated over to Raven. "friend Raven, do you have any of the unclean cloth that is in need of the wash?" she asked. Raven didn't look up from her book.

"i have a wastebasket of clothes by the dresser. take those and wash them, please." she replied, simply.

"and i have permission to enter your domain?" she asked, making sure she was not intruding.

"yes. just take the dirty laundry, and don't mess with anything else." the goth girl replied. Starfire nodded, and floated off to start with the chores. she went to Robin's room first, gathering up his laundry, then Beast Boy's. since the changeling's clothes alone took up at least one whole basket, she dropped the guys' clothes off at the laundry room, before going for her's and Raven's. she went to Raven's room first, and went inside without hesistation. as long as she had permission to be there, she was not worried at all. plus, she was usually allowed in. she looked around a moment, soon spotting the wastebasket. she smiled and went over to retrieve the clothing. she hadn't noticed anything unusual, such as flowers, chocolates, or giant stuffed cows. Raven had since then moved them to a diffrent location, out of sight, yet not out of her room. when Starfire picked up the wastebasket, a cloak fell out on top of the dresser. she picked it up, and placed it back inside the basket, not knowing she had accidently picked up something else. she noticed when she saw part of a handle sticking out around the cloak. curious, and intending to put it back on the dresser, she grabbed it, and pulled it out. she examined it a moment, noticing that it was some sort of odd, creepy mirror. she saw it as nothing more than Raven's taste in items, and turned to place it down. that was when she noticed four glowing red eyes in the mirror. suddenly, a black hand comes out, and grabs her. she screams at the top of her lungs, yelling in Tamaranean for the dark hand to let her go. however, instead, she is pulled through a dark vortex. she lands with a thud on a rocky surface. she grunts as she gets to her feet, and looks around. dark skies, red stars, floating rocks, and the occaional sound of a crow.

"what unpleasant world is this?" she asked, quietly, as a shiver ran up her spine. this was a dark, ominous, and foreboding place. she assumed it was another dimension of some kind, remembering once when Raven explained to her how she could travel through worlds with her powers. she figured this was a part of that. it certainly seemed like a place Raven would go to. except, she still had no idea where she was, or what was in store for her.
---
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#104 Posted: 05:00:36 14/10/2011
Well, that's an unexpected turn of events. smilie nice.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#105 Posted: 06:14:34 14/10/2011
Hahaha! smilie That happened to BB and Cy! smilie
PeaceDragon09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3037
#106 Posted: 01:42:46 15/10/2011
smilie Ha! Nice chapter C09! smilie
#107 Posted: 03:48:39 15/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks, guys. X3 i just had to add Raven's mind and all her emoticlones. X3 i've read other stories where BB ends up back in there, or Rae goes herself. i thought of doing that, but its been done before. so, i decided, why not Starfire? but i had to think of a way to get her in there. BB is nosey enough to go snooping around and get himself in trouble. Star wouldn't do that. thus the chore of washing clothes comes into play. seemed reasonable enough. plus, it'd be fun to have Star meet Rae's other personallities. X3

Chapter 34: The Beating of the Heart

Robin and Cyborg had just left the room to go train, leaving Beast Boy and Raven alone in the common room of the Tower. after finishing her tea, Raven had moved from the couch by the coffee table, to the sofa in front of the TV. once she was settled in at the far right of the sofa, she went back to reading her book. Beast Boy sat in the middle, flipping through channels. he occasionally glanced over at Raven, a little nervous to be around her. she hadn't spoken to him or made eye contact since they had gotten back from thier date. she hardly even acknowledged his existance. this was unsettling to him. she usually didn't ignore him for no reason at all. although the TV was on, the lack of conversation between them was bothering him. he couldn't help but wonder what she was thinking.

"Raven...?" he muttered, breaking the ice between them.

"hmm?" she replied simply, still wrapped up in her book.

"um........" he trailed off, wondering what to say. it didn't feel right to just ask what she was thinking. "what are you reading?" he asked, making small talk.

"a book." she answered plainly. she apprently was in no mood to talk at the moment.

"what kind?"

"horror."

"oh. anything i know of?"

"i doubt it, unless you've read Edger Allen Poe."

"who's he?" Beast Boy asked, innocently. that got her attention. she looked up from her book.

"figures you wouldn't know. you only read comic books." she remarked, before looking back at her book.

"ok, so i don't read much, but it doesn't mean i'm not intrested in..... whatever story you're reading.." he said. she glanced at him, raising an eyebrow, slightly curious that he was intrested.

"this is not just one story, but several of his most famous works in one." she said, before going back to reading.

"oh. cool. so, which one are you reading now?"

"you wouldn't know it." she said. Beast Boy scooted closer to her, and raised his eyebrows, giving her a charming smile.

"try me." he said. she looked at him.

"alright. qoute challenge. tell me which story this qoute is from. 'It is the beating of his hideous heart.'" she said. Beast Boy suddenly had a blank expression. he was just all talk a moment ago. he knew nothing of Poe's work. after a moment of silence, his ears drooped slightly.

"ok, i have no idea." he admitted. she sighed, knowing that were true from the start.

"it is from The Tell-Tale Heart. its the one i'm reading now." she said, before going back to her book. Beast Boy sighed and looked back at the TV. a few moments passed, and Raven finished the story. she then closed her book and looked at the changeling. "you know, i have been wondering something." she said. he looked back at her, perking up slightly that she had spoken.

"what?" he asked, happy to be talking to her again. she looked him in the eyes.

"why did you ask me out the other night?" she asked in her usual monotone. Beast Boy quickly adverted his eyes, looking around nervously as he stammered. he wasn't really expecting this, and was wishing she didn't ask. what should he tell her? that Bumblebee talked him into it? or that he had secretly been wanting to date her? he started to mumble something, but his answer could hardly be considered audible or even English. Raven kept waiting for a decent answer, of which he continued to struggle to give. she sensed nerves from him, lots of nerves. plus, a little fear, and that unamed familiar feeling from before. a hint of that warm, fuzzy feeling. she still couldn't quite place what it was. "well?" she asked, getting a little impatient with his lack of an understandable answer. then just as he opened his mouth to speak, the main doors slid open, and Cyborg walked into the room.

"yo, BB, i gotta go over to Titans East. wanna come?" he said. Beast Boy seemed to perk up immediately. saved by the tin man, was his thought.

"yeah! road trip!" he chuckled, hopping up, and rushing over to his friend.

"but--" Raven started to say.

"bye, Raven!" Cy waved as he headed out.

"uh, yeah, bye!" Beast Boy waved sheepishly before following his friend. soon the two were in the T-Car, and heading out to Steel City. Raven just sat quietly for a moment, before going back to her book.
---
#108 Posted: 19:10:07 15/10/2011
Heh, heh, Tell-Tale-Heart. Nice....

Saved by the android! smilie Haha.
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#109 Posted: 19:21:02 15/10/2011
I don't like Poe's works... They're freaky... smilie

Niiice. smilie
#110 Posted: 19:22:35 15/10/2011
Yep......
---
#111 Posted: 19:53:36 15/10/2011
I really don't like The Tell-Tale Heart.. maybe cause we have to read it every year in school. >.<
#112 Posted: 22:29:25 15/10/2011
Oi....so glad I only had to read it twice...
---
#113 Posted: 03:27:07 16/10/2011 | Topic Creator
hmm. call me the wierdo that likes him then. X3 i actually enjoyed reading Poe's work in school. i always looked frward to it every year. i wish we could have read more just the same poems. but it does seem like smething Raven would read. anyway, on to the next chapter.

Chapter 35: Be Happy

Starfire walked down a long, rocky path, looking all around her. she still had no clue as to where she was, and wasn't exactly sure if she even wanted to find out. at the moment, she had much rather wash Beast Boy's clothes by hand, then figure out where this path led in such a dark place. she soon came across a tree, and heard voices.

"turn back. turn back. turn back." echoed a child-like voice.

"hello? is someone there?" she asked.

"turn back. turn back. turn back." the voice repeated. she looked around, seeing nothing but a bunch of crows with red eyes.

"oh, it is meerly a flock of the birds of black." she said, a bit relieved. the birds repeated the words before showing fangs and four glowing eyes. "EEK!" Star screamed, shooting starbolts at the birds as they flew at her in a frenzy. she tried to fly away, but they flew after her. she threw starbolts, but they dodged the attacks. "go away now please!" she yelled, but they persisted in attacking her. she shot starbolts like crazy, throwing punches, and kicking like mad. then suddenly, they flew away. she stood there, blinking in confusion. "that was most strange." she muttered.

"hey, Star. what's up?" an odd, yet somewhat familiar voice said from behind.

"EEK!" Starfire screamed, whirling around, and throwing a starbolt. the figure appeared unharmed as they dodged.

"a little jumpy, are we?" the figure giggled. Starfire blinked, now even more confused. the figure appeared to be Raven, with her hood up, except something was strange. her cloak was pink, and she was smiling.

"friend Raven? where--what were--why did--how did i--why are you wearing the color pink?" the alien said, throughly confused. Raven simply laughed.

"woah, deja vu here. i wonder where i've heard THAT before." she laughed, remembering a time when she saw an equally confused changeling and mechanical man.

"huh? i have not said that phrase before." Starfire said, still confused beyond belief. Raven got another chuckle out of her system before answering.

"sorry, Star. i bet you're as lost as Beast Boy and Cyborg were when they came here. yes, they've been here before. yes, they got here through the mirror, there's really no other way. and yes, you were just attacked by a bunch of mean birds. but its great to have you visit, Star!" she smiled, giving her alien friend a big hug. Starfire smiled and hugged back.

"i am happy to see you as well, friend, but i am still utterly lost." she said as she broke off the hug. Raven smiled still.

"don't worry, i'll help ya. you get out through the Forbbidon Door, its the only way. but you don't want to go there. not now."

"actually, i do wish to depart." she said.

"ok! but don't say i didn't warn ya! gosh, deja vu again! its like watching a movie i've seen before!" she laughed before running ahead down the path. a puzzled Starfire followed her. within moments, the world around them changed. suddenly, everything was pink, with a yellow sky, and floating strawberries. Starfire smiled. this place looked much nicer than the last.

"what glorious place is this?!" the alien beamed, floating off of the ground.

"welcome to Happy's domain!" Raven said cheerfully, throwing her arms up in the air with a big grin. Starfire landed, looking at her friend.

"the domain of Happy? is this a place of joy?" she smiled.

"you bet, Star! and as much as i'd love for you to stay and chat, you have to continue on. you won't ever get out of here if you stay in my domain." Happy Raven said.

"must i leave so soon?" Starfire asked with a small frown.

"sorry, but you need to get to the Forbbidon Door eventually. we don't really get visitors here, and unless Rae drops by for some deep meditation, no one else is supposed to be here. so, just follow this path, and you'll be outta here in no time!" she smiled.

"you will not journey with me?"

"i shouldn't. we're really supposed to stay in our own domains. besides, its Brainy's job to do the big explanations and all that. i'm just the greeter!" Happy giggled at the end.

"i do not understand." the alien said.

"no time to explain, Star. that's not one of my strenghts, anyway. find ol' four-eyes. she'll help ya. now, get going." she said. then in a flash, Happy was gone. Starfire was puzzled still. although it was nice to see Raven in pink, and to see her smile, she was not entirely helpful. she was not to be a guide or explain anything. that was someone else's job. but who? and how many people were here? there was only one way to find out.
---
#114 Posted: 04:37:39 16/10/2011
Hahaha! smilie Nice! smilie
#115 Posted: 05:03:16 17/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. X3

Chapter 36: Conflicting Emotions

Starfire walked on, and within moments, the world around her was dark and ominous again. she shivered sightly.

"it appears i am back in that unpleasant place as before." she said. then she jumped as a figure suddenly appeared in front of her. upon closer inspection, it was Raven again, with her hood down. this time, her cloak was grey, and she appeared unusually shy. Starfire grinned. "friend! i am happy to see you have decided to journey with me!" she beamed. her sudden loud voice startled the poor girl, causing her to shrink down with watery eyes. Starfire immediately frowned. "friend, what is the matter?" she asked, concerned. once her voice was quiet, Raven returned to her previous shy appearance.

"i'm sorry..... i'm probally bothering you.... i'll just go...." she said in a quiet, shaky voice. she then turned to leave, when Starfire gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"no, please do not depart. you are not being the bother at all. i would be delighted to have you in my presence." she said, sweetly, with a smile. the shy girl turned to face her, and nodded sightly.

"o--ok....." she muttered. then suddenly, a maze appeared all around them. Raven looked all around nervously, hiding behind Starfire. the alien fired starbolts at the solid walls, trying to blast them. "its a maze. you have to go through. i can show you the way, but you won't like me anymore when we reach the end. the others didn't like me either." Raven said, shyly. Starfire gave her a reassuring smile.

"i would be most grateful if you showed me the way, and you will still be my dearest friend when we have reached the end." she said. then Timid Raven led the way, apoligizing for every time the real Raven refused to spend time with Starfire.

"--and remember the time when you asked me to go to the mall, and i said no? i'm sorry for that too. and also--"

"you are certainly forgiven, friend. there is no need to continue the beating up of Raven." she insisted. soon, Timid stopped, and the wall opened up.

"that's the end." she said. then in a flash, she was gone. Starfire stepped out of the maze, walking past a pile of rubble, not knowing what the rubble had previously been. she looked around her, seeing green hills and trees.

"ah, is that a new challenger? coming to fight the best, huh? well, you came to the right place!" a voice called from behind her. Starfire whirled around, starbolts ready. standing before her was Raven, dressed in a green cloak, with her hood up. Starfire relaxed, and blinked at the new Raven.

"friend Raven? you are now dressed in the green?" she asked.

"well, duh! its only my favorite color! but enough talk, Star! put up yer dukes, and lets get down to it!" Brave said, getting into a fighting stance, bouncing about as she held up her fists.

"but i do not wish to fight a friend." she said, simply. Brave relaxed, standing normally, with her arms crossed.

"oh, fine. i can guess i can always pick a fight with one of the others. i'm just so bored!" she said with a sigh.

"no one cares, green machine. you don't always have to be hitting something to be content." remarked another familiar voice. Brave turned to see an orange cloaked Raven, cleaning her earlobe.

"well, why don't i start by hitting you? mybe i can knock some manners into ya!" she teased.

"oh, yeah? well, hit me with your best shot, barf brain!"

"hey! keep it down, will ya! i'm trying to sleep over here!" yawned a brown clad Raven leaning up against a tree.

"no one's talking to you, Sloth!" the orange one snapped.

"hey! leave her alone! she's not causing any trouble, Apathy! so why don't you keep your big mouth shut!" Brave yelled. Apathy, the rude, orange emotion, turned to face her.

"make me, wuss!" she snapped back.

"why i oughta--" Brave began, raising a fist, when a hand gently lowered it.

"please, no more mean talking." Starfire pleaded.

"i could not agree more, Starfire." said another voice behind her. they all turned to see a yellow cloaked Raven with glasses. "i am sorry that you have to deal with them. Brave and Sloth arn't usually that bad, but little miss rude with attitude here needs to learn some manners." she continued, pushing up her glasses. Starfire walked up to the yellow clad emotion.

"tell me, i am not in another world but in friend Raven's mind, correct?" the alien said. the emotion nodded.

"correct. i am Knowledge. i am sorry that i could not have met with you earlier, i was busy with my books. i hope that the others have not been too much of a problem."

"no, so far they have not been too difficult." Starfire replied.

"good. now, as long as you are here, there is something i would like to discuss with you." Knowledge said.
---
#116 Posted: 05:23:14 17/10/2011
WOOP!!! smilie
#117 Posted: 05:29:07 17/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, all the emoticlones will be introduced. X3 i actually looked them up to make sure i got the names and behavior right.

Chapter 37: Details

"thanks for coming so fast, Sparky." Bumblebee said as Cyborg and Beast Boy stepped out of the car.

"anytime, Bee. now, what's the problem?" the tin man asked. Beast Boy was already being greeted by Mas y Menos.

"holla, senior Beast Boy!" the twins said.

"what's up, guys?" the changeling replied.

"Speedy will show you. hey, Speedy! get your but over here!" she shouted. the masked boy walked over.

"you called, miss queen bee?" he said in a teasing tone.

"just show Sparky here what the problem is." she said, simply.

"right this way." he said, and he walked off down the hallway. Cyborg followed him. then Bumblebee turned to Aqualad and Mas y Menos, who were talking with Beast Boy.

"ok, Aqualad, get us some lunch. Mas y Menos, keep an eye on the Titan mainframe for crime." she told them. they simply nodded, and hurried off to do as they were told. then she walked over to the changeling. "so, how'd it go?" she whispered. he looked confused.

"huh? what are you talking about?" he asked.

"you're date with Raven, duh. so did you ask her out yet or what?" she said.

"oh, that." he chuckled lightly. "yeah, i asked her out."

"well?" she asked, expecting more to the story.

"well what?" he asked, confused.

"what'd she say? did you go out?"

"uh, yeah, we did." he said, plainly.

"and?" she asked, a bit impatiently.

"we had a good time." he replied. Bee sighed.

"you're not gonna tell me much, are you?" she sighed.

"why would i?"

"hello! i told you to go out with her in the first place! i expected details!"

"look, unless your name is Cyborg or Robin i don't plan on giving out details. you want to know what happened, ask Raven." he said. Bumblebee folded her arms with a smirk.

"fine. i'll just have a nice long chat with the girls. and just so you know, i'll find out if you screwed up or not. girls give each other details on thier dates, includding every little flaw. me, Star, and Jinx will hear all about it from Raven. and don't even think for a second that i'm bluffing. she may have told you one thing, but she'll tell us the truth, the cold, hard truth. just thought you'd like to know what the next topic of conversation is going to be for us girls." Bee said. then she turned around, and walked off down the hallway. Beast Boy slumped down on a couch with a sigh. he suddenly had a bad feeling about all this. what if Raven had lied to him, and actually hated the date? what if she really had been miserable? what if he really did screw it up? the thoughts filled his head, and he could only hope he was wrong.
---
#118 Posted: 17:19:41 18/10/2011
Awwww, poor BB! X3 Bee's bein' mean!
#119 Posted: 19:24:14 18/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, she's being a little mean right now.

Chapter 38: Other Dates

Raven was sitting in the common room, reading a book, when her communicator started to ring. curious, she got it out and answered the call. Jinx's face appeared.

"hey, i'm at the club with Kid Flash, and guess what? i ran into this totally cute goth guy. now, if i wasnn't already taken, i'd totally ask him out, but since i'm no longer availible, i thought you might like to meet him. just come on down to the club, and i'll introduce you guys. how's that sound?" she smiled.

"i'm in the middle of a book, Jinx. besides, i'm not intrested. i don't date someone simply based on appearance." she replied, plainly.

"pfft. whatever. just get your nose out of a book, and have fun for once. you got to get out and live a little. besides, you know, Star, Bee, and i are your little matchmakers. as your friends, its our job to set you up with someone. doesn't matter who. and you know we won't leave you alone, so come on. get off your lazy but, and come join the fun. we'll be waiting." the bad luck sorceress said. then the screen went blank before Raven could protest.

"with friends like that, who needs enemies?" she groaned. she had rather sit quietly and read than go to a pointless party. she sighed as she closed her book. mine as well make an appearance. either way, she'd never hear the end of it. so, much to her displeasure, she put up her hood, and flew out of the tower towards the club. hopefully, she could make this a quick trip, and then get back to her book.

Meanwhile.....

"alright, we're all done here. everything's fixed." Cyborg announced with a grin, wiping his hands.

"thanks for all your help, Sparky. this place wouldn't be running without you." Bumblebee smiled.

"well, you know me, i'm the go-to guy for tech. seems like things continue to break around here though. what's up, the guys rough-house in here or something?"

"something like that." she replied with a smirk. she'd never admit that she purposely broke a few things, just to get Cyborg over there.

"so, i guess i better get going." he said, seemingly hesistant to leave just yet.

"yeah, you should probally head back to Jump City." she agreed, sounding a bit disappointed.

"yeah. listen, Bee, there's something i've been meaning to ask you....." the tin man muttered, trailing off.

Beast Boy sighed as he sat on the couch. he was waiting for Cyborg to be done so he could leave. then someone sat down beside him. he glanced over to see it was Aqualad.

"so......." the fish boy muttered, trying to act casual. the changeling hardly payed much attention to him. "i heard from Bumblebee that you and Raven went out. how'd that go? i mean, are you guys like together now, or what?" he asked. Beast Boy looked over at him.

"yeah, we went out. she's not my girlfriend, though." he said, simply.

"oh. i see. that's, uh, that's too bad. i mean, she's pretty." he said, calmly. Beast Boy shot him a glare.

"you intrested in her?" he asked, defensively.

"what? no. i was just saying that she looks nice. i don't like her or anything. i mean, i don't really know her that well."

"good. 'cause she doesn't like you that way. at all. she wouldn't date you. so just forget about it. don't even try asking her out. got it?" the changeling said, almost in a threatening way.

"ok, ok, got it. geez, you don't have to get so defensive. i mean, you sure are sensitive about someone who's not your girlfriend."

"dude, she is not my girlfriend! she's a girl, and she's a friend, but she is not my girlfriend!"

"ok, easy. but if she's not your girlfriend, then why would you care if i went out with her or not? i mean, if she's single, then she's pretty much up for grabs. i mean, she could date anyone she wanted to."

"yeah, but she wouldn't date you, or anyone else. she's not intrested in anyone like that."

"but if i did ask her out, and she said yes--"

"she wouldn't." Beast Boy said through gritted teeth.

"but if she did--"

"i said she wouldn't!" he blurted out.

"alright, fine. i was just saying, that don't be too upset or surprised if i were to ask her out, and she'd say yes. i mean, you did say that she was still single. she can do what she wants, date who she wants. you shouldn't be bothered by that." Aqualad said. Beast Boy knew he was right, but he couldn't help but hate the idea.
---
#120 Posted: 23:40:47 18/10/2011
smilie Go Aqualad!
#121 Posted: 01:27:13 19/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yes, he plays a part in this. you'll see more of him a little later. X3

Chapter 39: Feelings

"what is it you wanted to discuss?" Starfire asked, directing her attention to the yellow clad emotion. every other emoticlone gathered around, as if this were some sort of meeting. even the red clad emotion, Rage, was there, a well behaved member of the group for once.

"what we have talked about all along, relationships." Knowledge said, simply, pushing up her glasses. on either side of her were Happy and a purple cloaked emotion. next to Happy was Brave. Timid was quietly hiding beind the group. Sloth was leaning up against a tree, about half-sleep. Apathy was off to the side, occasionally muttering to Rage. they each seemed to chuckle as they exchanged insults and rude comments.

"oh, the girl talk?" Star asked, smiling.

"percisely." Knowledge nodded with a small smile. "perhaps with you helping us, we can get a point across to Raven. as usual, she is withdrawn, and in denial of her feelings."

"yeah, maybe you can help us break the news to her." Happy giggled.

"what news?" the alien asked them.

"remember our previous conversations? the matchmaking and whatnot? you had a very reasonable and logical idea, along with Bumblebee and Jinx." Knowledge said.

"hey, four-eyes, talk in a way we'll ALL understand you." Brave piped up.

"what she means is, you were right. we just need for Raven to realize it." the purple clad emotion said, with a light blush.

"realize what?" the Tamaranean asked.

"that even though Beast Boy is not exactly very smart, mature, quiet, or calm, he can prove to be very sweet." she replied, blushing more.

"lets not forget that he's super cute!" Happy giggled. the other emoticlone blushed a deeper red.

"and protective." Brave added, recalling the times when the changeling had helped Raven in a fight.

"h--he's always when we.... need him....." Timid spoke up.

"and he did try pretty hard on that date." Sloth added. the purple cloaked Raven blushed more.

"the little grass stain does seem to be jealous when other dates are mentioned." Apathy added.

"enough talk about that little parasite." Rage said in her demonic voice. "you're making me utterly sick to my stomach over here. we shouldn't like HIM, we should be pounding him into the wall. he's stupid and annoying. why do we even put up with him?" she hissed. there was a moment of silence. everyone glanced at the purple clad emotion.

"because he's more than just a friend, he's....... well, he's Beast Boy..... he does have a heart of gold underneath that green skin..." the girl replied. Starfire thought a moment.

"am i to hear this correctly?" she asked. they all looked at her. "is all this being said because Raven has affection for friend Beast Boy?" she continued, hopeful.

"i am not at liberty to say that. it is not my place to say such things. that is best to be answered by the real Raven." Knowledge said. "but that is why i called this meeting, and more importantly, it is why she is here." she pointed to the purple cloaked emotion. "Starfire, i would like to introduce, Affection. she is Raven's feminine side. without her, she could not have feelings for anyone. she could not even love family or friends. also, without her, she could not be attracted to anyone. although, because Affection exists here such feelings have been felt, if not openly expressed, but a little bit has been expressed for certain individuals." she explained.

"basically saying that other guys have been considered cute." Happy giggled.

"yeah, like Aqualad." Brave said, bluntly.

"and Malchior, before he was a jerk." Apathy added.

"yes. however, Beast Boy is diffrent. there is a bond with him that is unlike the relationship she has with anyone else, and--" Knowledge said. then before she could continue, Timid lightly tapped her shoulder. "yes?" she asked, glancing back at the shy girl.

"um...... she's been here for a while...... shouldn't she..... go....?" she asked, quietly.

"Timid's got a point. Star's been here too long. she's gotta go before someone finds out she's here." Brave said. the others nodded. Starfire nodded as well.

"alright, then i will depart, if you show me the way." the alien girl said.

"very well then, Starfire, come with me. we need to get you home. the rest of you, dismissed!" Knowledge said. the others nodded, and then disappeared. Starfire then followed Knowledge to the Forbiddon Door.

"will i ever be able to return?" the alien asked.

"that isn't up to us. really, you shouldn't be here without permission. however, if you must return, simply pick up te mirror again. you will instantly be transported back here. although it would be nice to have you return, you really shouldn't. whatever you need to discuss, do so with Raven. now, you have to go. you may get in trouble if you're found here." she said. Starfire nodded.

"very well. goodbye." then the Tamaranean gave Knowledge a quick hug before leaving. just as Starfire came through the portal, landing with a thud beside the basket of laundry she had dropped upon entering, there was a knock at the door.

"Raven? have you seen--" it was Robin's voice, sounding a bit worried. before he could finish, the door slid open, revealing a smiling Starfire, holding a clothes basket. "Starfire!" he finished, smiling. he was happy to see her, but was also a bit confused. "what are you doing here?"

"retrieving the clothes of filth to be cleaned by the machine of washing. perhaps i took a little longer than expected, but i must have been off doing the dreaming of day." she smiled innocently. Robin just smiled, not really caring what her reason was. Starfire gave him a small hug before leaving the room. "i will be free to do the hanging out once the chore of laundry is complete." she said with a smile, and then walked off to the laundry room.
---
#122 Posted: 17:10:49 19/10/2011
Awww, Affection is so CUTE! X3 Love er! smilie

Anyway... Ohhh. smilie
#123 Posted: 00:10:07 20/10/2011
Heh, nice. Caught up finally.
---
#124 Posted: 02:43:15 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
glad you like her. X3 i couldn't have the emoticlones and not include Affection. besides, i wanted to use them all, since they wern't all seen on the show.

Chapter 40: Seeing Her At The Club

back at Titans East, Cyborg had finally asked Bumblebee out, and she said yes. while Aqualad was left in charge, Cy and Bee drove off to go out for dinner and a movie. Beast Boy had flown back home to Jump City, now looking for something to do. he soon arrived at Titans Tower, hoping to find someone to hang out with. when he got there, Starfire was feeding Silkie, and Robin was doing some solo training. since the changeling's request to join the boy wonder was denied, he went to the talk to his alien friend.

"hey, Star, wanna hang out?" he asked. Starfire smiled, still feeding her pet larvae.

"perhaps when i am done tending to my little bumgorf." she said, giggling at Silkie's messy eating.

"oh. well, have you seen Raven anywhere?" he asked, hopeful to spend time with his dark friend.

"the last i knew of, i had heard from friend Jinx that Raven was at the club. perhaps you would find her there." she said. Beast Boy was confused. Raven went to a club? alone? or was she alone? curious, and determined to find out, he flew to the old, abandonned warehouse where the club was. as he walked in, he heard pounding music, and saw flashing lights, with people dancing all around. he quickly reconized two of them.

"hey, Kid Flash, Jinx!" he called, waving.

"Beast Boy!" Flash called back, waving. he then rushed over, Jinx walking behind him. "what's up, dude?" he asked, giving his green friend a high five.

"nothing but the ceiling, dude!" he grinned. Flash chuckled, and soon Jinx was standing beside him. "hey, have you guys seen Raven anywhere?"

"yeah, she's towards the back of the club, by the crates, talking to someone." Jinx replied. the changeling's face fell.

"she is? who? why? does she like him?" he asked, sounding jealous.

"its just some cute goth guy that i introduced her to. i had to, like, beg her to come, but its totally worth it. i mean, she seems to be enjoying herself for the most part." Jinx said. then a diffrent song began to play. "ooh, i love this song! come on, Flash!" she smiled, dragging him off to the dance floor. Beast Boy ignored them, pushing through the crowd, towards the back of the warehouse. then he spotted her, the goth girl in question, Raven. she was propped up against some crates, arms folded, legs crossed. her hood was up, of course, and she was talking to someone. standing across from her, leaning up against another set of crates, with his hands in his pockets, was the supposedly cute goth guy. he had shaggy, black hair that nearly came down over his dark eyes. his skin was pale, alomst as light as Raven's. he wore a black t-shirt with a picture of a skull and crossbones on it, black pants, and black shoes. his pants had chains on them, and many pockets. he had black, fingerless gloves on, as well as a black jacket, that wasn't zipped up. they seemed to be just casually talking, but Beast Boy knew otherwise. he knew this for one reason, Raven had a small smile on her face. that was all the proof he needed. this guy was trouble. jealous and determined, he quickly marched over to them.

"hey, guys!" he said, grinning, and waving slightly. he acted like his usual peppy self, but he planned on ruining this little chat. the two goths half-way glanced at him, just barely acknowledging his existance.

"you know this guy?" the goth guy asked Raven, gestering to the green boy beside them.

"unfortunately..." she muttered under her breath. "what do you want, Beast Boy?" she asked with an annoyed sigh.

"i was just saying hi." he said, innocently. "i came here to dance and maybe get a few phone numbers, but i never expected to find you here, Rae." he lied.

"don't call me that." she said, a slight warning tone to her voice. "now, if you came here to collect phone numbers, then why don't you start on the opposite side of the club?" she asked. it was obvious she wanted him gone.

"yeah, get lost, loser." the guy chimed in.

"don't help." Raven snapped at him. he sweatdropped, and backed off. she did enjoy talking to him, but nice conversation or not, she wouldn't tolerate such a remark about her friend.

"listen, i can stand here if i want to. you're not the boss of me. you don't own the place." Beast Boy countered.

"Beast Boy, go find someone else to talk to. there are plenty of girls here you can bother." Raven told him, annoyance in her voice, but nothing else. she was calm as usual, simply wanting him to go way.

"yeah, so just buzz off, you stupid little grass stain." the guy said. Raven shot him a glare.

"strike two." she said, cooly. he sweatdropped, and was quiet again.

"hey, i just wanted to chat. don't need to be rude." Beast Boy said. the guy shot him a glare.

"look, kid, i was here first, alright. i was having a perfectly nice chat here, until you showed your ugly barf green face. so, i'd back off if i were you, and go talk to somebody that was actually in my league, which for you, would probally be a smurf or something. i mean, i don't know how you expect to pick up girls with ugly green skin, stupid ears, and fangs. girls like real men, not some dumb kid who looks like a freak. so, get lost, loser!" he said. Raven glared daggers at the boy.

"strike three, you're out." she said, icily, anger obvious in her tone. then with a wave of her hand, the boy was encased in dark energy, and lifted up into the air. "odd appearance or not, nobody insults the changeling in my presence without facing the consequences. i warned you to keep quiet, and you didn't listen, so now you will be taught a lesson." she said, her eyes glowing white. then, using her powers, she opened the back door of the club. she then thrust out her arm, sending him flying back outside, slamming him into the wall of another building. then she lifted up the top of a dumpster, dropping him inside, and closing the lid. then she closed the back door before turning to Beast Boy. he just grinned at her, seeing her expression go neutral once more.

"that was cool. i never really liked him anyway." he said.

"well, like i stated earlier, i don't tolerate jerks." she said in her usual monotone.

"what about green changelings?" he asked with a toothy grin, raising his eyebrows.

"they are just barely tolerable." she said with a small smirk.

"so, if one were to, i don't know, do something that may risk bodily harm, would you do anything?"

"depends on what they did." she replied. his grin widened, and his eyes sparkled. then he suddenly hugged her tightly. Raven tensed up at first, but then relaxed a bit, almost leaning into the hug. she blushed slightly, glad her hood was up to cover the rush of color to her cheeks. a part of her almost wanted to hug back and sort of embrace the moment. another part of her wanted to push him away and desperately deny any sort of feelings for the green boy. with these conflicting sides, she did nothing but stand there, letting him hug her happily. she didn't say anything or make any movements to push him away or return the hug.
---
#125 Posted: 03:39:21 20/10/2011
Awwwww. X3
#126 Posted: 03:51:47 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, nice moment at the end there. X3 obviously green changelings are preferred over gothic jerks.

Chapter 41: The Invitation

the next morning started out normal for the Titans. it was 11:00, which meant most, if not all, of the Titans would be in the kitchen eating breakfeast by now. as usual, Robin and Starfire sat right next to each other, smiling as they talked. Cyborg was in charge of cooking breakfeast, happy to take orders or requests for food, except tofu. Raven was sitting at the couch, her nose in a book, a cup of herbal tea on the coffe table. everything was going nomally, even the fact that Beast Boy hadn't walked into the common room yet, assumed to be still asleep. within moments, the changeling walked into the room, looking a bit tired as he dragged his feet and yawned. before he could greet his fellow Titans and prepare his morning tofu, there was a knock at the door. everyone looked up at the sudden sound, even the withdrawn Raven.

"i'll get it..." Beast Boy yawned, making his way towards the door. the others paused in thier previous task, stood, and faced the door, waiting to see who thier visitor was. when Beast Boy answered the door, the figure walked in as if thier presence was expected.

"hey, Beast Boy, mind if i come in?" said Bumblebee, already walking past him. still tired, the changeling just yawned and closed the door behind her. then lazily walked over to his mechanical friend. "what's up, Titans?" she greeted them.

"hey, Bee, what are you doing here?" Cyborg asked.

"just visiting." she said, casually.

"so this is just a social call, then?" the tin man asked.

"for the most part." she replied. they each gave her a confused look. "you know, there's a dance this coming Saturday at the Steel City high school. its the Sadie Hawkins dance. the Titans East were asked to chaperone the event, and we can bring dates. i was wondering if you'd like to be my date, Sparky. the rest of you can come, too, if you like." she offered.

"uh, i'd love to go, Bee. it sounds like fun." Cyborg replied with a slight blush.

"tell me, what is this dance of the Sadie Hawkins?" Starfire asked.

"its basically just a dance where the girls ask the guys out. its a lot of fun." Bumblebee answered. Starfire's eyes lite up, and she grinned wide. then she immediately turned to Robin, now floating off the ground.

"Robin, would you wish to be my date for the dance of the Sadie Hawkins?" she asked.

"sure, Star, i'd love to." he smiled. overjoyed, the alien girl pulled him into a tight hug. she didn't let go until the choking sound of the boy wonder wishing to breathe could be heard. she suddenly let go, being very apolegetic.

"Raven? you wanna come too? you can ask any guy you want." Bumblebee asked with a smirk, head cocked slightly in Beast Boy's direction.

"pass." she said simply, not at all intrested. she then sat down, now returning to her book.

"what about me? who will i go with?" Beast Boy asked.

"what about friend Jinx?" Starfire asked.

"she's going with Kid Flash." Bumblebee replied. Beast Boy slumped down on the couch beside Raven.

"great. everyone's got a date but me. why can't i go have fun? why do i have to be dateless?" he muttered.

"you're not the only one not going, BB." Cyborg said, hinting to the goth girl sitting beside him. Beast Boy's eyes lite up in realization. maybe he could get Raven to go with him. they went out once before, why not a second time. with a sparkle in his eyes, he turned to face her.

"Raven, would you--" he started to ask, a hopeful tone to his voice.

"no." she said in her monotone, not looking up from her book.

"but--" he began.

"no." she repeated, firmly.

"sorry, BB, looks like you'll be stuck here all alone with Raven Saturday." Cyborg teased with a smirk. than the others headed to the kitchen for breakfeast, Bumblebee joining them. the changeling slumped lower, ears droopy. he then suddenly sprang to life, determined to go to the dance with Raven, but before he could even start, Raven got up and headed out of the room, book and tea in hand.
---
#127 Posted: 03:56:26 20/10/2011
BB: Raven wo-
Raven: No.
BB: B-
BB: But I haven't even-
C-come o-
No.

smilie
#128 Posted: 04:05:48 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, he doesn't get a word in at all. smilie and then is when it gets intresting, 'cause BB won't be the only one trying to get a yes from her.....

Chapter 42: Competition

the Titans had gotten the invitation to the dance Monday morning, and now each one was looking forward to the dance, all except for Raven and Beast Boy. Raven had no intention of going, and had spent the rest of the day in her room, not wanting to deal with any pleas to go to a dance. Beast Boy wanted to go, wanted to be asked by someone, but was having no luck so far. Starfire, Bumblebee, and Jinx were all out shopping together, picking out oufits for the dance. with Jinx busy and no current crime to speak of, Kid Flash stopped by the tower, and was now playing video games with Robin and Cyborg. Beast Boy had been out for most of the day, since Bumblebee told them about the dance. while the other guys played games, he had just now walked into the tower, head hung low, ears drooping. he had failed to find a date for the dance. the guys paused in thier game, asking what was wrong with thier green friend. the changeling hardly responded or even acknowledged them. he was about to leave the common room, when there was a knock at the door. he paused, and turned around. since the others seemed busy, he decided to answer the door. when he did, his eyes widened.

"Aqualad..." he muttered, suddenly jealous that the guy could get almost any girl he wanted because of his looks.

"hey, Beast Boy. is Raven home?" he asked. the changeling's emerald eyes narrowed into a glare.

"why do you want to know?" he asked in a jealous tone.

"well, i don't have a date for the dance yet. i mean, several girls have asked, but, uh, i told them i'd call if i decided to go out with them. what i really want, though, is to see if Raven would go to the dance with me." the water boy said with a confidant smile. Beast boy was filled with a jealous rage. he had spent most of the day failing to get a date, and the one girl he would love to go to the dance with is about to be asked by a guy who can get anyone? who did this guy think he was, coming into his home and asking the girl he liked to the dance. he had half a mind to slug him right then and there.

"she's in her room." the changeling said, simply.

"thanks." Aqualad smiled, then he walked off, heading towards the goth's room. Beast Boy thought of stopping him, but then he figured, why try? he knew Raven pretty well. she had stated clearly that she didn't want to go to the dance. he knew she wouldn't change her mind so easily, if at all. he figured he had nothing to worry about. there was no way Raven would go to that dance, and he especially hoped that she wouldn't go with Aqualad.

Aqualad soon made his way to the goth girl's room, stopping outside the door with her name on it. with a smile, he knocked, and waited for an answer.

"what do you want, Beast--" came her monotone voice as she headed for the door. she sounded a bit annoyed, and obviously guessed who was on the other side. the door opened a crack, revealing Raven, her face partially hidden by her hood. she stopped cold when she saw Aqualad. "--oh. Aqualad. hi. what brings you here?" she asked, thoroughly shocked and confused, yet blushing slightly.

"i was just visiting." he replied with a charming smile. it took some amount of willpower to not make heart eyes at the boy and begin daydreaming. thankfully, Raven was good at surpressing her emotions.

"so, is there a particular reason you're standing at my door?" she asked, her door opening up all the way now.

"well, i'm currently dateless for the Sadie Hawkins dance, and i was wondering if you could help me out with that." he said, still giving her a charming smile. Raven was a bit surprised. he could have about any girl he wanted, and he shows up here, wanting her to ask him out? it just about made her feel faint, but luckily, nothing showed or happened.

"don't you already have every girl in the city lined up outside your door?" she asked in her usual monotone. he let out a slight chuckle, then gave her a half smile.

"not exactly. i didn't see you in line. so, when i didn't see you outside my door, i thought i would come to your door. i'm glad to see no one else is in line." he replied. Raven blushed a deeper shade of red, glad her hood was up to cover it.

"is that so?" she asked, still trying to remain stoic. "well, not many people line up outside my door. they have a tendency to be creeped out by my room at least, if not me as well." she said, simply.

"well, isn't that a shame. you're far too pretty to be considered creepy." he said.

"pretty?" she muttered, hardly audible. she then blushed a deeper red. this was all too much. a cute guy, who could have about any girl he wanted, shows up at her door, wanting to go to a dance with her, complimenting her, and she had the insane idea of turning him down. if this conversation kept up, she would eventually at least consider going with him. she was already partially considering it.

"hey, Raven, Aqualad. uh, either of you have a date for the dance yet?" Beast Boy asked as he walked up to them.

"working on it." Aqualad replied. Beast Boy felt very jealous at that. he then looked at the goth girl.

"so, Rae, you still want to stay home?" he asked. Raven suddenly snapped out of her daydreaming state, and gave them her usual blank look.

"as a matter of fact, yes. sorry, but i don't go to dances." she said, quickly. then without another word, she closed her door, and went back to meditation. Aqualad turned to Beast Boy.

"thanks a lot. i was close to getting somewhere. now, she won't go out with me." the water boy said before walking away. Beast Boy grinned.

"that was the point." he muttered under his breath before walking off to his room.
---
#129 Posted: 05:23:14 20/10/2011
Beast Boy, meany, let Raven have her fantasies! smilie
#130 Posted: 05:46:50 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
he can't, he's jealous. smilie

Chapter 43: Failed Attempts

it was now Wednesday afternoon, and not much had changed. Starfire, Bumblebee, and Jinx had been hanging out a lot since Monday morning, all very excited about the upcoming dance. they couldn't wait for it, and just about talked about it non-stop. they were still on a shopping spree, a seemingly never-ending one. Robin, Cyborg, and Kid Flash wern't at all intrested in shopping, so they played video games. although, they did talk about the dance and thier dates while playing the game. Raven spent more time in her room, wanting to avoid the others, since all topics seemed to center around the dance. she had no intention of going, and that was final. or was it? it seemed that every five minutes, Beast Boy or Aqualad were at her door, trying to get her to go. Beast Boy was always fist, having a distinct advantage of living there with the goth girl. then after his failed attempt, Aqualad would try. when he failed, or was interrupted by the changeling, it would be Beast Boy's turn, and so on. to the others' surprise, neither guy had been killed in the process. constantly switching out and bothering Raven was a suicide mission in the eyes of thier friends. in fact, the others were betting on when the half-demon would crack, and who her first victim would be. the only thing the other guys could agree on, was that Beast Boy was sure to be the first victim of her wrath.

"go away!" Raven yelled from the confines of her room. there was yet again a knock at her door. she already knew it was one of the guys, wanting to be her date for the dance. at first, she felt a little flattered, but still refused to go. as time went on, she became more firm and less flattered. then she went to firm to annoyed, and then she skated past annoyed to ticked off. she culdn't read, meditate, or have a moment to herself, and it was really starting to drive her crazy.

"Raven, its me. look, i don't mean to bother you, but i just wanted to ask if you would go to the dance with me." it was Aqualad this time. it was now his turn to bother her. she didn't go to the door, nor did she want to. she wanted him to go away, especially if taking one look at him may cause her to go from mad to daydreaming.

"i told you, i'm not going!" she replied. if the guys were foolish enough to keep trying and try her patience, then she was bound to give them a piece of her mind soon, and then some.

"but--"

"GO!" she cut him off, rage in her voice. Aqualad then quietly walked away, not wanting to see first-hand what her temper was like. he walked into the common room, where the other guys were playing games, and Beast Boy was eagerly awaiting his turn.

"failed again, huh?" the changeling smirked.

"listen, Beast Boy, i think we should give up. she's getting pretty mad, and neither one of us is getting anywhere. i'm quitting this little game while i'm still alive and in one piece. see you guys at the dance." he said, before leaving the tower. Beast Boy smirked. he was partially enjoying this. he still didn't have a date, and Raven was ticked, but now he had no more competition. Aqualad had given up on account of not wanting to risk his life. Beast Boy, however, had no intention of quitting. he would wait until Raven had cooled off, and then he would try again in a diffrent way. he wouldn't give up until he had a date for the dance, and he wanted to go with Raven more than anyone else. plus, he didn't think it would be right for her to be alone in the tower while everyone else had fun. he wanted her to be a part of the group. now all he needed was a way to soften Raven up a bit, get her in a good mood perhaps, and then be a gentleman about asking.
---
#131 Posted: 17:22:16 20/10/2011
Pff. smilie Nice...
#132 Posted: 22:54:11 20/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. X3

Chapter 44: Part of the Plan

it was still Wednesday, and the girls were hanging out at the local pizza place. they had just ordered thier food, and were chatting while they ate.

"you are a genious, Bee! i can't believe you planned that." Jinx chuckled, getting a kick out of her friend's little scheme.

"yes, the plan is most wonderous! i can not wait for the big day!" Starfire beamed.

"girl, i told you the plan was fool proof! i know what i'm doing, 'cause like you said, Jinx, i am a genious!" Bumblebee laughed.

"you are indeed the queen of the matchmaking!" Starfire giggled.

"props to Bee on the plan!" Jinx cheered, the three of them clinking thier glasses together before taking a sip. "so, Bumblebee, tell us again what your brillant plan is."

"well, i organized the dance at the high school, and got the best people for the job of planning it. i had the Titans East chaperone it for our cover-up of getting the others involved. of course, i used this excuse to ask Sparky out, get you girls to dance with your guys, and do a little matchmaking with Raven and Beast Boy." Bee grinned.

"tell us again how it works." Starfire practically begged.

"well, i knew Raven wouldn't be intrested in going, so i would have to think of another way to get her to go. since Beast Boy would want to go, but wouldn't have a date, he'd have to go with her, but she refused. so, i used Aqualad as bait. i made him ask her out, and even gave him lines, just to make Beast Boy jealous. they would go back and forth until they drove her crazy, and then Aqualad would quit, wanting to continue living. then that leaves it wide open for Beast Boy to make a move. we'll help him out in any way we can, of course, and we'll make sure he goes all out with asking her to the dance." she explained further.

"but you also had a back-up plan, too, right?" Jinx asked with a grin.

"of course. in case Raven still refused to go, i made sure Beast Boy wouldn't go with anyone else, leaving him alone in the tower with her. either way, they're going to be stuck together whether they like it or not." she gave a confidant grin.

"a glorious plan, friend Bumblebee! they will surely enjoy the time spent together and be grateful!" Starfire smiled.

"yeah, this is great. the plan is sure to work, and this matchmaking is fun. they'll be together in no time if we keep this up." Jinx grinned. the girls each gave a small laugh as they clinked glasses again, grinning victoriously at thier successfull plan.
---
#133 Posted: 00:49:21 21/10/2011
smilie wow.....I wonder if Raven will fall for the trap.
---
#134 Posted: 22:38:24 21/10/2011 | Topic Creator
you'll just have to wait and see. X3

Chapter 45: I'd Do Anything

Beast Boy spent the rest of Wednesday and most of Thursday planning ways to ask Raven to the dance. he wanted to impress her, put her in a good mood, make her an offer she couldn't refuse. he just wasn't entirely sure how to do that. he just knew that he would have to go all out if he wanted her to accept his invitation to the dance. he knew it might not work, but he had to try anyway. he wanted to try. he wasn't going to just let her sit at home by herself in her room, reading or meditating. she could do that any night, but Saturday, she ws going to go out. she was going to have fun. he would make sure of it. he just needed a plan. once he had an idea, he got prepared to ask her out, getting everything ready. since he knew the others would go out on a date Friday night and that he would be left alone in the tower with her, it would be a perfect time to put his plan into motion. before he knew it, Friday night came. as soon as the others left, he got the tower ready. everything was going to be perfect. there was no way she would refuse with his brillant plan. once he was ready, he urgently knocked on her door.

"what do you want, Beast Boy?" asked Raven in her usual monotone. she knew the others went out, so she was left alone with him, which meant he was the only one who would be at her door. except when she opened her door, no one was there. instead, there was a paper trail of painted red arrows that led to the common room. "ok, its not my birthday, so i can rule out a party." she muttered to herself. actually curious to find out what kind of game he was playing, she followed the arrows. when the doors to the common room slid open, she first stepped into darkness. she couldn't see or hear anything. then before she could question what was going on, the lights came on, but they were slightly dimmer than usual. she looked around, seeing the room decorated with blue flower petals, and dim lamps. suddenly, there was music playing, and Beast Boy walked towards her from the shadows of the room. he wore a purple shirt, with a black button-up shirt over it, black pants, and black shoes. she opened her mouth to speak, to ask what was going on, but he held up a hand, stopping her. then he began to sing.

Another day is going by
I'm thinking about you all the time
But you're out there
And i'm here waiting
And i wrote this letter in my head
'cause so many things were left unsaid
But now you're gone
And i can't think straight
This could be the one last chance to make you understand

I'd do anything
Just to hold you in my arms
Or try to make you laugh
'cause somehow i can't put you in the past
I'd do anything
Just to fall asleep with you
Will you remember me?
'cause i know i won't forget you

Together we broke all the rules
Dreaming of dropping out of school
Leave this place and never come back
So, now, maybe after all these years
If you miss me, have no fear
I'll be here, I'll be waiting
This could be the one last chance to make you understand
And i just can't let you leave me once again

I close my eyes and all i see is you
I close my eyes, i try to sleep
I can't forget you
I'd do anything for you

Beast Boy danced around the room as he sang, playing air guitar and making a fool of himself. Raven just watched, completely lost as to why he was doing this, and why he wanted her to see him poorly perform the song I'd Do Anything by Simple Plan. as the song was ending, he slid across the floor on his knees, stopping in front of her. he held his arms out, a big, goofy grin on his face. he took a deep breath, his breathing now the only sound in the room.

"well? what do you think?" he asked as he stood up, looking at her with a sparkle in his eyes. there was a pause, the goth girl giving him a blank look.

"i think you've lost your mind." she stated, plainly.

"eh, not a big loss. i didn't have much to begin with, right?" he chuckled, thinking she would have said something like that herself.

"why did you do that?" she asked him.

"well, nothing else was working, so i thought i'd try this." he grinned. she raised an eyebrow.

"meaning...?"

"it was just a crazy attempt at asking you to the dance." he said.

"and you chose that particular song, because...?"

"because its basically true, Rae. i'd do anything to get you to go to the dance with me, or to make you laugh, or whatever. i'd do anything for you. just name it." he said with a sincere smile. Raven was caught off-gaurd by this. she expected him to keep asking to the point where he annoyed her enough for her to snap at him. she didn't expect him to try something like this, or actually put some thought into it, and mean everything he was singing and saying. he really wanted to go to the dance with her, and it didn't seem like he was willing to take no for an answer. she sighed.

"you never give up, do you?" she asked with a smirk, already knowing that he didn't know when to quit.

"was that a yes?" he asked, hopefully.

"no." she replied, still smiling slightly.

"then was that a no?" he asked.

"no." she answered with the slightest chuckle.

"huh?" he asked, confused.

"you said you'd do anything, right?" she asked. he smiled and nodded.

"yeah, just name it, Rae." he said.

"first of all, don't call me that. second, i'm not going to the dance. i don't dance." she said. his ears drooped, and his head lowered. "but...." she continued. he sprang back to life, a sparkle of hope in his eyes. "with the others gone, we'll be by ourselves. now, if you had something planned, like maybe dinner and a movie, i suppose i could join you." she said with a small smile. Beast Boy couldn't believe it. he felt overjoyed. she may not have agreed to the dance, but she just about suggested a date, which was just as good. he was so excited, he leaped into her arms, and squeezed her tight, a big, goofy grin on his face.

"alright! i know just what we'll do! i'll cook all the tofu you want! and we'll stay up late watching some of the funniest movies! you'll be laughing your head off!" he beamed, very much excited at the idea, squeezing her tighter.

"uh, i would prefer real food, actually. i don't usually stay up late, and i prefer horror movies to comedy." she said in her usual monotone. "and, Beast Boy? you can let go now." she added, noting the fact that he was still hugging her. he chuckled, letting go.

"hehe, right, opps, sorry." he chuckled nervously. "anyway, we're gonna have a lot of fun! tofu, comedy movies, maybe some music later, oh! maybe we could, like, have our own party or dance right here in the tower! we could dance right here!" he grinned at the idea. Raven sighed and shook her head, wondering what she had just gotten herself into.
---
#135 Posted: 23:31:31 21/10/2011
Hahaha.....
---
#136 Posted: 07:46:06 22/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 46: A Moment

it was now Saturday. Robin, Cyborg, and Starfire were each getting ready for the dance. once they were ready, they were going to meet up with the others. Jinx and Kid Flash would arrive together. the Titans East would already be there by the time the others arrived. Cyborg was the first one ready. using his holographic rings, he made an image of a tuxedo, and also made himself look normal in the process. it may not have been real, but at least he looked the part, which was good enough. Robin wore a tuxedo, keeping his mask on. it was the same nice suit he wore on his date with Kitten. he was thankful now that his date was Starfire, and not the snobby, annoying, blonde girl. Starfire wore a dress similiar to the one she had worn to the junior prom. the only diffrence was that this dress was purple, and it didn't sparkle. once they were ready, they said goodbye to thier teammates, and drove off to Steel City.
Raven was now sitting in the common room, reading a book at the far end of the sofa. Beast Boy was in the middle of the sofa, watching TV.

"you know, its not too late to change your mind. we could still go to the dance." the changeling offered.

"not going to happen." she said, plainly.

"alright then, ready for our date?" he asked with a toothy grin and a wiggle of his eyebrows. she looked at him.

"it is not a date." she stated. "it is simply two friends spending time together while the others are out." she told him.

"ok. so, are you ready for our not-a-date?" he asked.

"what exactly did you have in mind?" Raven asked, closing her book.

"i was thinking we could go out again. dinner and a movie. i'll try not to mess up this time. you don't even have to go. i'm not forcing you or anything. we could eat and watch movies right here. maybe we could have our own dance, if you're up for it." he suggested.

"i rather not. i don't dance." she said in her usual monotone.

"but why not? dancing is fun. i mean, the others are all going to have a good time. why not us?"

"because we are currently dateless. and i do not see how making a fool of yourself is fun."

"well, we don't have to be dateless. and dancing can be fun. you don't have to make a fool out of yourself to dance."

"look, i already told you that i'm not going. and with the way you 'dance,' you always make a fool out of yourself." she said. then Raven got up, and started to walk out of the room. Beast Boy followed her.

"but why not?" he asked. she stopped, her back to him now. "why don't you want to go? i know its not something you normally do, but it could be fun. there'll be music, food, other people dancing, our friends are already there. why should we miss out on the fun?"

"i don't do fun. i don't dance. i don't like crowds, and i'm picky about the kind of music i listen to." she replied. she started to walk out of the room, but Beast Boy placed a hand on her shoulder.

"come on, what's the harm in having one night of fun? huh? what's the worst that could happen?"

"i could blow up something." she stated.

"ok, so? i've seen you blown up things before, and it wasn't anything particularly bad. besides, if something blew up, i would at least know you were having a good time." he smiled.

"or i could lose my temper, lose control of my powers, and blow something up that way. or worse, Rage could get loose. you've seen my demon side before, and i rather you not see that side of me again."

"ok, so there's that." he admitted, smile fading. "but you won't be alone. i'll be there with you. i could help you to stay calm. i'll even help you to have a good time. don't you at least want to try? it could be fun. and i bet you'd look really great in a dress. you could even wear your cloak over it." he smiled. he pulled back his hand as she turned to face him.

"why are you so intrested in getting me to this dance anyway?"

"because i really want to go, and i rather go with you. i'd like to see you have a good time. i think it would be fun. we don't even have to go to that dance. we could have our own dance right here in the tower. no one would know but us. you could even kill me afterwards. i don't care, as long as i get to see a smile, or hear a laugh before i go." he said with a sincere smile.

then Raven sensed it again, that warm, fuzzy feeling. that strong, wonderful feeling from the green boy that put butterflies in her stomach, yet it almost made her want to do something she wouldn't ordinarily do, like dance or sing. this feeling was so familiar, yet strange. she still could not put a name to this warm sensation that made her feel so good. she could almost see this feeling in his emerald eyes, they just seemed to sparkle and dance with this soft, loving look, and he just had this warm glow about him. she started to feel something rise up in her as well, a similiar warm feeling, which wasn't coming from the changeling. this warm feeling was strong and seemed so unexpected, yet it felt so good. she was starting to become lost in his emerald green eyes, and a part of her was wanting to be closer to him than she was. just drift closer until.......

BEEP BEEP BEEP

an obnoxious alarm rang through the tower, breaking the two Titans out of thier trance. they snapped back to reality, thier warm feelings ceasing to be felt for the moment. they rushed over to the Titan mainframe to see what was going on. an image of Xenos robbing a bank vault came onto the screen.

"aw, man! stupid bad guy! how come they always break out of jail and cause trouble at the worse time?!" Beast Boy blurted out, growling in frustration. he had been so close to getting somewhere with Raven, and of course, something just had to interrupt that. then he wondered how many times that had happened since he had known the goth girl.

"yeah, i know." Raven muttered in agreement. although the green boy didn't hear her say that. he was too busy being mad about the moment being ruined.

dang it, dang it, dang it! crap! i hate that guy! i hate Xenos! i was so close! we were having a moment, it was nice, and she was, like, softening or loosening up or something, and then--ugh! stupid alarm! stupid bad guy! why does this always happen?! every time i get close to her, something has to happen, something interrupts us! why does that keep happening?! can i not have a peaceful moment with her?! is that too much to ask?! but its not like i like her or anything........ do i.....? i mean, that's crazy...... me liking Raven...... its insane...... i mean, we're friends, and she's great and all...... totally beautiful...... smart...... even funny when she's sarcastic....... graceful...... her laughter is like music...... ok, so maybe i like her...... i mean, she is great...... amazing, really...... any guy would be lucky to have her...... i just wish i could be that guy........ but that would never happen.......... he thought.

stupid villian. stupid tower alarm system. if i could kill that alarm...... well, maybe not, but i can certainly take my anger out on Xenos... i was so close, too....... but close to what......? i wasn't going to....... no....... no way....... impossible....... there's no way i like him...... not Beast Boy..... i mean, we're close as friends, i guess, but we're not....... there's no....... it wouldn't work...... nothing would happen....... not between us....... and there was no possibility that we were about to kiss...... no chance at all..... we're just friends....... Raven thought.

"i mean, we have a job to do. lets go." she said in her usual monotone. she then pulled her hood up, and flew out of the tower, Beast Boy following closely behind as a falcon.
---
#137 Posted: 13:48:20 22/10/2011
How did I KNOW that would happen!!! smilie
#138 Posted: 23:26:03 22/10/2011 | Topic Creator
well, its pretty obvious. smilie besides, those two are always interrupted whenever they have a moment.

Chapter 47: Divide and Conquer

Raven and Beast Boy soon arrived at the bank, just as Xenos was coming out, carrying bags of money.

"stop right there!" Raven said to him as levitated down to his level, still a few inches off of the ground. Beast Boy landed beside her, now crouching in his human form. Xenos stopped, and chuckled lightly.

"hm, what's this? only two Titans? well, this is disappointing. where are the others?" he asked, pretending to care.

"they went to a dance." the changeling replied. Raven shot him a glare. "what? he asked." he told her. Xenos chuckled.

"so, then its just you two? aw, how sweet. i guess we have a couple of lovebirds among us." he teased. both of them blushed.

"dude, we're not dating!" Beast Boy said.

"besides, someone needs to be around to stop the likes of you." Raven said, her eyes narrowing, and now glowing white.

"if that's what you want to believe." Xenos chuckled. "but really, its a shame. based on our last encounter, you both seemed rather close. it just seems right that you would be dating. but i digress. you wished to stop me, yes? i assume that is why you came. unless you were flying off on a date, and were so excited about it that you just had to stop and tell anyone you met." he teased. Beast Boy opened his mouth to speak, but didn't get the chance. Raven had made the first move, starting the fight by throwing a car at Xenos. not quite expecting the attack, he was hit, but soon blasted the car. he stood firm, and then shot laser eyes at Raven. before she could do anything, Beast Boy tackled her to the ground, saving her from getting hit. Xenos chuckled lightly.

"like i said, you two seem rather close. you claim you're not together, yet you save each other in battle." he said. the two Titans got up, and faced him.

"that's what teammates do." Raven stated.

"its what friends do." Beast Boy added, smiling at her.

"well, this is really quite touching, but i have more important things to attend to." Xenos said. then he created twenty clones, surrounding them. Xenos then teleported back inside the bank, filling his arms with money again, and then teleported back outside.

"not this time!" Raven growled. she then began chanting her mantra, but before she could finish, Xenos teleported away. when she finished chanting, she directed her attack to the surrounding clones, blasting each of them with an obsidian wave of energy. with the clones knocked down for the moment, Raven turned to Beast Boy. "we need to get Xenos." she said. he nodded.

"you get him, i'll handle things one through twenty." he grinned.

"do you think you can handle them all on your own?" she asked. her voice sounded more worried than she wanted it to sound. he gave her a confidant grin and a thumbs up.

"i can take them." he said, bravely. "besides, if you take Xenos out, they'll go poof. and we can't exactly call the others. or at least, we shouldn't. they deserve to have fun." he said. the clones were facing them now, ready to attack. "just go. i'll be fine." he said with a smile. then he transformed into a t-rex, and wacked some clones with his tail. Raven walked away a few feet, and glanced back, seeing a green t-rex take on the clones. she sighed.

"you better be fine." she said, quietly, a worried tone to her voice. then she closed her eyes, sensing for Xenos. when she got a lock on his location, her eyes glowed white, and her cloak flared up like wings. she became a large, black raven with glowing white eyes. then she took off into the sky after Xenos.
---
#139 Posted: 01:10:42 23/10/2011
smilie doh.......interruption! Anyway, yaaay fighting....
---
#140 Posted: 18:09:20 23/10/2011
Hehehe. smilie
#141 Posted: 04:42:46 24/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 48: A Matter of Life and Death

Xenos appeared in a back alley. he was no longer carrying the bags of money. he peeked around the corner, checking to see if he was being followed. then a black shape appeared behind him. thinking the coast was clear, he turned back around, gasping at the sight of a dark figure standing before him.

"what's the matter? scared of a girl?" came a monotone voice. he let out a breathy laugh.

"you're no girl." he said. she smirked.

"you're right. i'm so much more than that. care to find out what exactly?" she asked, eyes glowing white.

"you don't scare me." he scoffed. Raven gave a light chuckle, a dark chuckle.

"then lets fix that, shall we?" she asked him. before he could give a response, her figure stretched and became larger. black tendrills poked through, and appeared from underneath her cloak. "now, you can either surrender, or you can find out just how dark i really am." she treatened. Xenos froze with terror, hoping she wasn't serious.

"you're kidding. you wouldn't." he said, nervously.

"do you really want to risk it? surely you heard what happened to Dr. Light. want to know what he saw, what he experianced? i could show you, or you could surrender. choose. now." she said, voice treatening. she wasn't playing around. Xenos gulped. he heard rumors, and he didn't want to find out for sure what happened.

"alright, i surrender!" he blurted out, fearfully. Raven resumed her usual form and gave a slight smirk. she then chanted her mantra, creating a band of dark energy around Xenos, trapping him.

"i knew you would see it my way. now, get rid of those clones of yours." she said.

"why? worried about your little boyfriend?" he teased. her eyes glowed white, and she lowered her hood, using the same hallucination she once used on Gizmo to get him to help Cyborg; a shadow of a dragon's head with tentacles could be seen. at his fearful expression, she lifted her hood back up.

"clones. get rid of them. now." she said, voice treatening. he gulped and gave a fast nod. then his eyes glowed for a moment.

the police picked up Xenos and drove him off to jail. once Raven knew he was being taken away, she flew off to find Beast Boy. she flew back to where she had left him earlier, and saw him laying on the ground, not moving. she gasped. a rush of fear and worry washed over her.

"Beast Boy!" she cried out, worry obvious in her usual monotone voice. she landed beside him, and knealt down, looking at him worriedly. thinking he was hurt, she reached out her hands to touch his back, her hands glowing a blueish-whiteish color. she attempted to heal him, but nothing happened. it didn't work. confused, and even more worried, she began shaking him.

"Beast Boy! Beast Boy! wake up! please, wake up!" she shook him harder with every word that left her lips. however, it didn't work. he didn't move. she sighed deeply, tears beginning to well up in her eyes. she turned away from him, pulling her legs in close to her, and laying her arms down on top of them. she then closed her eyes and laid her head down, trying to fight the tears that were welling up in her eyes.

"you said you would be fine. you're not fine. why arn't you fine? why can't i heal you? why won't you wake up?" she muttered, sadness seeping through in her voice. she was too busy being upset to realize that her emotions, her powers, were causing street lights to blow out, windows to break, and the occasional car to blow up. there was a mild moan, and then Beast Boy rolled over onto his back, drooling slightly.

"...Mommy....... fluff my pillow......" he muttered dazily, apparently dreaming, or at least half-asleep. after hearing that, Raven suddenly turned to face him. a rush of relief washed over her, happy that he was ok. he moaned slightly, then slowly opened his eyes. he looked up to see Raven.

"....Rae.....?" he asked. he then sat up. still relieved to see him ok, Raven abruptly hugged him. Beast Boy's eyes widened in shock. why all of a sudden was she hugging him? he then pushed her back a bit, breaking off the hug. "...uh, Raven...... are you...... feeling ok....?" he asked.

"um, yeah, fine. just fine. i, uh, am just glad that Xenos is beaten, the clones are gone, and, uh, you're ok." she said, trying to maintain her stoic attitude. Beast Boy blinked, not entirely sure if he believed that.

"oh. well, yeah, that's great, Rae. i just, uh, well..." he chuckled lightly. "guess i sorta decided to take a nap." he said, scratching the back of his head. then out of nowhere, Raven punched him in the shoulder. "ow! hey! what was that for?" he asked, completely lost. he usually at least had some sort of idea for why she was mad at him.

"idiot!" she snapped. "i thought you said you would be fine! i come back and find laying in the middle of the street! why didn't you call me if you needed help?! you could have been hurt!" she yelled. he blinked, startled. she seemed angry, or at least, she wanted him to think that on some level. however, her eyes looked more worried than angry.

"Raven, i'm ok. i didn't get hurt. i was charging at the clones as a rhino, when they disappeared. i just sorta lost my balance and fell. i didn't get up right away, and i guess i fell asleep or something. i told you i could take them, and i did. i'm fine. i'm not hurt at all. really." he said, reassuringly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"i just thought something might have happened to you." she said, her voice a whisper now. "i don't know what i would have done if......" she trailed off, shaking her head slightly as she adverted her eyes. Beast Boy placed a hand on her chin, and turned her gaze back to him.

"were you really worried about me, Rae?" he asked.

"what? me?" she asked, blinking, her monotone voice starting to maintain its dry tone. "no. i don't really get worried. i mean, there was nothing to worry about." she stated, simply. the changeling lowered his hand with a smirk.

"aw, i know you care, Rae." he said with a playful grin. he then leaned in a little closer. "i wasn't completely out of it earlier. i heard you when you first came." he flashed a toothy grin, wiggling his eyebrows. her cheeks now had a hint of magenta to them.

"i was not worried." she said.

"whatever, Raven." he smirked. she punched him on the shoulder again. "ow! hey! once hurts bad enough, you know."

"whimp." she smirked.

"am not!" he shot back with a playful grin.

"whatever." she rolled her eyes.

"hey, you're supposed to say 'are to!'"

"we are not playing that stupid game. its immature."

"is not." he grinned. she sighed and rolled her eyes.

"lets just get back home." she said. Beast Boy nodded. he then stood up, and offered his hand. she smiled and took it. "thanks. by the way, you tell anyone about this, and you're dead." she said, expression blank. there was no indication as to whether she was serious about it or not. Beast Boy assumed she was kidding.

"what, no vacation in another dimension? i was looking forward to that." he joked. Raven just sighed and rolled her eyes. "hey, Raven?"

"hmm?"

"you were totally worried." he teased.

"was not." she replied with a smirk, letting the slightest chuckle escape her lips. hearing that caused Beast Boy to grin wide, his eyes sparkling.

"oh, how the mighty have fallen!" he joked. "i thought you said that was stupid and immature." he teased, wiggling his eyebrows.

"don't make me send you to another dimension." she treatened, smirking still. he still grinned, knowing she was only teasing. although he would never tell her, he enjoyed thier fights, thier playful banter. he did enjoy her sarcasm, knowing that was her own personal sense of humor. as long as she seemed to enjoy making fun of him, he would put up with it, just for moments like this, where she would smile and maybe even laugh.
---
#142 Posted: 05:09:45 24/10/2011
Hahaha, nice.

Xenos is no match....
---
#143 Posted: 06:29:11 24/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. X3 yeah, Xenos is no match against Raven. i always love seeing her scare a villian like that and have them surrender so easily. its cool and kinda funny too. X3

Chapter 49: Caught

Raven and Beast Boy had just arrived home, and sat down on the couch. the changeling immediately switched on the TV, and the goth began reading a book.

"so, are we doing the not-a-date thing, or what?" the green boy asked.

"you mean the dinner and a movie we planned?" she asked, her eyes still on her book.

"yeah, that. i called it a date, and you said it wasn't, so its a not-a-date."

"right." she said with a sarcastic tone. "you still want to go out, don't you?"

"well, i wanna, if you wanna. do you wanna go out?"

"where are we going?"

"um....... dinner and a movie.....?" he muttered.

"you don't have a clue, do you?"

"i was hoping you had an idea." he chuckled lightly. Raven sighed. she then looked up from her book.

"well, after all that excitement earlier, how about we just stay home?" she suggested.

"and do nothing?" he asked, ears drooping. that idea sounded boring.

"we could order pizza and watch one of our own movies, or see what's on TV. we don't have to go out. besides, we just got back."

"but if we stay here, what's to stop you from just reading a book or going to your room?" he asked. he had wanted to spend time with her, not just sit in the same room with her.

"i do have free will over what i do and where i go. i could simply choose to stay in here." she stated plainly. his face lite up, his eyes sparkling.

"really? you mean you'd hang out with me?"

"well, i already agreed to spend the evening with you." she replied. at this, Beast Boy sprang off the couch in her direction, glomping her. this caused her to drop her book on the ground. the sudden movement caused her to lean back against the couch, the changeling on top of her, squeezing her tightly, with a big, goofy grin on his face. he was practically sitting in her lap, giving her a big, ol' bear hug, minus the fact he wasn't in bear form. she was about to tell him to get off, when she heard the doors slide open, and the sound of footsteps could be heard. her eyes widened. she only hoped that what she was thinking wasn't really happening.

"ahem!" a very familiar voice cleared his throat from behind the couch. Raven looked up, and sure enough, there stood thier mechanical friend. "geez, get a room you two! oh, wait, i forgot. y'all had the whole tower to yourselves while we were at the dance. so, i guess you guys had your fun, huh?" Cyborg chuckled. Robin and Starfire walked over, just in time to see Raven throw Beast Boy off, dropping him onto the floor, beside her fallen book.

"its nothing like that, Cyborg." Raven said as she stood up. Beast Boy got up and stood beside her.

"right, y'all were just being friendly." he replied.

"did anything happen while we were gone?" Robin asked.

"probally nothing they're allowed to tell us." the tin man teased.

"dude, its not like that! it was just a hug!" the changeling insisted.

"then is that why you were sitting in her lap? you looked rather comfortable." Starfire said, innocently. Beast Boy blushed, starting to look like a Christmas decoration.

"you know, BB, the girl is supposed to sit in your lap, not the other way around. but, hey, i guess that would work for you two. i mean, Raven is technically stronger than you, and it might be easier for you to sit in her lap anyway, since you're so short." Cyborg grinned, trying to hold back a chuckle. Beast Boy blushed more, and Raven started turning red also. she then pulled up her hood.

"perhaps if Beast Boy were to transform, then he could be even more comfortable." Starfire smiled, imagining Raven cuddling up with a green cat or a dog.

"come on, guys, i want to know if we missed out on anything while we were gone." Robin said.

"well, if we had come in a moment later, we might have seen where that 'hug' was leading to." Cyborg teased with a snicker. thier faces got redder.

"dude, that's not what was happening! i was just hugging her! the only thing we've done is fight Xenos! we haven't had time to plan a date or anything because of him!" the changeling insisted.

"so, i guess the bad guy interrupted y'all, huh?" Cyborg asked, raising an eyebrow. "Raven and Beast Boy sitting in a tree. K--I--S--S--I--N--G. first comes love, then comes marriage, and then comes--" he sang-song in a teasing manner. Raven blinked, and then shot Cyborg a glare. her eyes glowed, and she encased him in dark energy. she flipped him upside down, pinned him to the wall, and covered his mouth so he couldn't talk. Robin just sweatdropped, holding back a laugh at Cyborg's teasing.

and then comes Raven's temper. he should know better than to mess with her. the boy wonder thought.

Starfire was simply giddy at the song. she floated in the air, grinning, and clapping her hands, until Raven stopped the half-robot.

"so, are you guys ok? did you take care of Xenos?" the leader asked.

"yeah, we kicked his but!" Beast Boy said, flexing his muscles. Raven crossed her arms, and looked at him. he chuckled lightly, and scratched the back of his head. "ok, Raven did, and i just distracted the clones." he admitted.

"well, i'm glad to hear that everything worked out, but you should have called us." he said.

"we didn't need your help, Robin. we handled it just fine without you. besides, you guys deserved a night off."

"if we really needed you, we would have called." Raven added.

"so, while fighting this Xenos, you did not get the time alone?" Starfire asked.

"heh, we had a little adventure instead. right, Rae?" Beast Boy chuckled lightly, winking at her as he flashed a toothy grin.

"don't call me that." she said. Starfire thought a moment, and then had an idea.

"please excuse me. i am to go to my room to change. i shall return momentarily." she smiled. then she floated out of the room. she was worried Bumblebee's plan had failed, and she was going to call an emergency meeting to set the plan back in motion.

"yeah, i should change, too. i still think you two should have called us. however, you did handle it just fine without us, so i'll let it slide. next time, though, call us when there's a villian on the loose." Robin said. they nodded. then the boy wonder left the room.

"i think i'm gonna go get on my laptop. see ya later, Rae." Beast Boy smiled and waved to her, before rushing out of the room. Raven then sighed and faced the mechanical man still pinned to the wall.

"tease me and the changeling again, and you'll end up as spare parts." she treatened. then in an instant, he was free, and falling to the ground with a thud. she then floated out of the room without another word. he groaned and rubbed his head.

"geez, i was only kidding!" he called after her, but there came no response. then suddenly, he was encased in dark energy again. he was then levitated and dropped with another thud. "ok, i get it. i'll leave ya alone..." he muttered.
---
#144 Posted: 17:19:53 24/10/2011
Pff. smilie Heh... Cy... smilie
#145 Posted: 22:58:01 24/10/2011
smilie more angry Raven.....smilie
Angry Birds.
Angry Raven.

See what I did there? Yeah. jk jk
---
#146 Posted: 23:39:06 24/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, Cy teases, and Rae gets angry. smilie

Chapter 50: Making New Plans

Starfire met up with Bumblebee and Jinx at the pizza place. they had just arrived, and sat down to chat.

"friends, emergency! alarm! friends Raven and Beast Boy did not get the nice evening, because of the villian Xenos! the plan has failed!" the Tamaranean told them.

"woah, woah, woah. slow down, Star. what happened?" Bee asked. Starfire told them everything she had heard earlier.

"sounds like your plan got messed up." Jinx stated.

"uh huh, no. my plan still worked." Bumblebee smiled. the other two looked confused. "they still got time together, it just worked differently than what i had in mind. besides, we can fix this."

"how?" Star asked.

"with another date." Bee grinned.

"with Beast Boy?" she smiled.

"nope. with someone else."

"but how will this be of assistance?"

"i get it." Jinx spoke up. "the jealously factor. we make Beast Boy jealous with another guy."

"exactly."

"so, who's it going to be? Aqualad?" the bad luck sorceress asked.

"i was actually thinking of someone else." Bee said.

"who?" Starfire asked.

"someone who's totally cute, but isn't someone she already knows. Jinx, think you could find someone?"

"sure. i already know where to find a cute guy." she smiled.

"good. you go do that. Star and i will handle the other part of the plan."

"the other part?" Starfire asked. Bumblebee grinned and nodded.
---
#147 Posted: 23:44:48 24/10/2011
Ooh....more plots.....oi....xD
---
#148 Posted: 01:31:51 25/10/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, more plans, muahahahaha! smilie jk. they're not evil plots. smilie

Chapter 51: A Backfired Plan

Raven sighed as she flew to the pizza parlor. she had been meditating when Bumblebee called. she said to meet her at the pizza place. Raven knew she couldn't say no to her, so she left the tower for what she assumed to be girl talk.

"this better be good." she muttered to herself as she landed, her hood up. she looked around, not seeing Bumblebee. she shrugged, and sat down at a table, her legs and arms crossed. she waited for a few minutes, but none of the girls showed up. then she heard the sound of footsteps as a figure approached her table. she looked up to see a guy with black hair, slicked back neatly. he had shades on, with a white t-shirt, black leather jacket, black pants, and black boots.

"so, what's a girl like you doing sitting alone?" he asked in a smooth voice.

"i'm waiting for someone." she replied simply.

"anyone in particular?"

"yes, my friend, actually. she said to meet her here."

"well, there's nobody here but you and me."

"i can see that." she said, dryly. she wasn't at all intrested in talking to this guy. perhaps some girls might think he was cute, but she didn't.

"my name's Blaine. mind if i sit down?"

"Raven." she stated in her usual monotone. "and there are plenty of other places to sit."

"i rather sit here, but i won't, if you don't want me to."

"well, the seat is empty. i don't see why you can't sit down." she stated plainly. he gave a slight nod and then sat down.

"he is sitting. time for phase two." Starfire whispered into her communicator. she was hovering above the pizza place, out of Raven's point of view. Bumblebee's face appeared on the screen, and she nodded.

"roger that, Star. keep an eye on things. and, Jinx, you in position?"

"yep. i've been listening to the conversation. things are going pretty slow right now." the bad luck sorcerress whispered. she was riding behind the corner of the pizza place, just close enough to hear them talking.

"don't worry, the plan should still work. i'll get Beast Boy to walk by, you just make sure they keep talking." Bee said. Jinx nodded. then she cut off her communicator, and put a hand up to her ear, where she had a communication device put in.

"Blaine, you gotta charm the girl. you'll never get her to like you with small talk. compliment her." she whispered. Blaine heard her through his own ear piece.

"did anyone ever tell you that you have beautiful eyes?" he asked Raven. she raised an eyebrow, slightly suspicious now. she hadn't sensed any sort of attraction from this guy, and what he said seemed sudden, like out of the blue. and what was that thing in his ear?

"did anyone ever tell you that flattery will get you nowhere?" she retorted, cooly.

"who said i was trying to get anywhere? maybe i was just giving a pretty girl a compliment." he replied with a half-smile. Raven rolled her eyes. normally, she would have thought he wanted something, but she didn't sense anything from him. she didn't sense anything at all. her gaze focused more on his ear piece. something was odd about this guy.

"why is it exactly that you came over here to talk to me?" she asked, eyeing him carefully.

"what? is there a crime for talking to a beautiful girl?" he asked with a charming smile. she eyed him closer, her gaze narrowing. something wasn't right about this guy. suspicious, she started using Telepathy to read his thoughts. nothing. he wasn't thinking anything. that only made her more suspicious.

"ok, who are you, and what do you want?" she asked, bluntly.

"i told you, my name is Blaine, and the only thing i want is to talk. don't you trust me?"

"not in the slightest." she said, cooly. "look, i don't know what your game is, but i'm not falling for it. we're done talking." she said. she had been lied to before. she had been tricked and used, then tossed aside once she was no longer needed. she wasn't going to let anything like that happen again. she wouldn't allow herself to fall for another guy like Malchior. then she got up to leave, turning around to head back to the tower. he got up quickly, and grabbed her arm.

"hey, hold on. i'm not playing any games, alright? i'm sorry if i said or did something to upset you. but i'm not a bad guy, really." he said, softly, trying to convince her. she tried to pull away, but he held on tighter.

"i don't care. now, let me go." she said.

"not until you listen. i'm not a bad guy, you have to believe me." he insisted, gripping her arm tighter.

"i said, let go!" she growled. she started to raise her other hand, intending to fight the guy if need be, but then someone ran up to them.

"leave her alone!" a familiar voice growled. the guy let go, turning to see a figure rush towards them. then suddenly, he was tackled and pinned to the ground by a green tiger. the feline roared, and raised a claw to attack.

"Beast Boy, don't!" Raven told him. he paused, and looked at her. "he's just a jerk. let him go." she said. he then got off, letting the guy get up. then Beast Boy shifted to the form of a t-rex, and roared angerly at Blaine. the guy screamed, and then ran away. Beast Boy then shifted back to human and turned to see Raven holding her arm.

"are you ok?" he asked, concerned.

"yeah, i'm fine." she muttered, rubbing her arm a little. he took a step closer, worry in his eyes.

"but you're arm..... he grabbed you...." he said, quietly. she glanced down.

"its ok, really. he just held on a little too tight, bruised me a little. that's all. you didn't have to do that. i mean, i can take care of myself."

"i know, i just....... i got so mad when i saw, i just....... i wanted to pound the guy......."

"what were you doing here? i mean, how did you know where i was?"

"well, i saw you leave the tower, and, well....... i, uh...... i sorta......"

"followed me?" she asked, finishing his sentence. he looked down at the ground.

"yeah..... something like that....." he muttered. then he looked back at her. "...are you mad at me.....?" he asked, nervously. Raven shook her head.

"no, Beast Boy, i'm not mad. i'm actually glad you're here. i, uh..." she muttered.

"friend Raven! Beast Boy!" a voice cried out. then a figure landed on the ground beside them, and pulled Raven into a tight hug. "i am so glad you are unharmed!"

"Starfire...... let go....." Raven grunted, voice strained due to the strenght of the hug. the alien let go. Raven gasped for air. "ok, now i'm sore....." she muttered under her breath.

"hey, Star, what are you doing here?" Beast Boy asked. Starfire looked a bit nervous all of a sudden.

"oh, i um...... i was flying by..... on my way to the..... mall of shopping...... i viewed the scene and was going to assist when you did so before me......" she lied. Raven and Beast Boy shared a glance. Raven could tell she was lying, and even Beast Boy doubted that was true.
---
#149 Posted: 03:13:07 25/10/2011
smilie hahahaha......nice chapter.
I wonder who Blaine really is......
---
#150 Posted: 00:20:43 26/10/2011 | Topic Creator
you'll find out more about Blaine later... X3

Chapter 52: Switch The Plan

"what was he doing? that wasn't part of the plan. he shouldn't have grabbed her like that. he was supposed to be nice, be a gentleman, get her to like him. he was not supposed to be a jerk." Bumblebee said, pacing back and forth in the Titans East Tower. she was in the main room, with Jinx sitting on the couch.

"calm down." the bad luck sorcerress said. "so what if it didn't go according to plan, your other ideas didn't work out the way we wanted them to. besides, from where i was sitting, it seemed to work."

"how, Jinx, did that work exactly?" she asked, turning to face her.

"Raven went out, and he followed her, which is why you couldn't find him at the tower. then he saw her with Blaine, and saved her when Blaine decided to be a jerk. it may not have been a jealously type of plan, but it worked from a protective stand point. it proved to Raven that he'll be there for her when she needs him. remember, i was there, hearing every word. she was glad he showed up. he wanted to protect her, and she wasn't mad at him for following her. the plan did work to some extent." Jinx explained. Bee stopped and thought a moment.

"you know, you may very well have a point there. he was there to protect her. he saved her from the jerk, even if she could have taken care of herself. this might just work to our advantage. but we still need a new plan."

"how about we just reverse the jealousy plan?"

"what do you mean, Jinx?"

"i mean, make Raven jealous of Beast Boy with another girl. didn't that work once before with some blonde?"

"you mean Terra?"

"yeah, her."

"i don't know. she's officially out of the picture. besides, we couldn't mess with Beast Boy like that."

"ok, well, why don't we find a diffrent girl? another blonde, maybe? i mean, it should still work, right?"

"yeah, i guess it could work. we'll have to step up our game, though. it'll be harder to make Raven jealous. Beast Boy has to actually like the girl. he needs to spend time with her, and spend less time with Raven."

"leave that to me, Bumblebee. i already know what girl to ask to help us out. you call Starfire. we'll need her help with this. plus, we need to get her away from Raven for now. we can't risk Rae using her powers to find out anything, and Star has a chance of giving away information anyway."

"ok. i'll get Starfire, you handle getting a date for Beast Boy. no jerks this time, Jinx. we don't need a repeat of last time."

"don't worry, this plan will work. trust me." the bad luck sorcerress grinned.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me