Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Raven Meets Her Match [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#1 Posted: 22:41:17 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
at first, i was just writing this for fun, but its become pretty long and i've really enjoyed writing it. and i'd like for someone to read it and give thier opinion on it, so here it is.
now, this is a Teen Titans fanfic. in case you have no idea what i'm talking about, its a cartoon show about teen super heroes. there's also the Teen Titans Go comics, and the older comics. there's the leader, Robin, you all should know him from Batman. there's Cyborg, obviously a half-robot. there's Beast Boy, the green changeling. there's also the alien, Starfire, from Tamaran. then of course there's my favorite and the main character, Raven. she's a goth, an interdimensional half-demon from Azarath. then there are many others besides them. i tried my best to keep them in character and have the story progress the way i wanted it to, and believe me, that's harder than it sounds. so if someone seems out of character to you, feel free to tell me. because i personally don't like it when someone is OOC. now a little bit is fine, but a lot is hard for me to deal with. so just be honest in your opinion. if you don't like it, then either go read something else, or at least tell me why you didn't like it. don't just say you hate it and give no valid reason. i can take criticism, its the lack of a good reason that i don't like.
so, anyway, there is the summary for what its basically going to be about:

Summary:
What happens when you mix a single goth, her crazy friends, and a world full of available guys? You get a matchmaking plan! After a little girl talk, Starfire decides to find Raven a date, and even gets Bumblebee and Jinx in on the plan. What result will this seemingly innocent idea bring forth? Will Raven be miserable with this idea, or will she actually find that speacial someone?

so that's the basic idea here. if you know the characters, then you should be imagining how crazy and funny this could turn out to be.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
#2 Posted: 23:01:11 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1: Intruder

the Tower was pretty quiet at the moment. it was around noon, and all the Titans were already up, some not even home. Robin and Starfire had gone out for pizza. Cyborg was working on his car. Beast Boy was searching all over the tower for something, or more accurately, someone. the reason being was that one Titan was missing, the last one to be expected to be absent from the Tower. the resident goth of Titans Tower, Raven, wasn't home, or at least, it seemed that way. this confounded the changeling to no end. his daily schedule consisted of bothering her and trying to make her laugh at his corny jokes. this, however, was impossible what with her being gone. with the others being busy, the shapeshifter was determined to find the last one that would wish to be honored by his bored presence. he soon reached the door to her room, having looked everywhere else except the roof for some reason, he figured her to be in there. she was usually already up by now, drinking her herbal tea, but when he found out she wasn't, or even sitting on the couch with a book, there was only one place she could be. he stood there in silence for a moment, looking at the five letters on her door that made up her name. he knew very well he wouldn't make it past the opening, not to her room. for every Titan knew that all others were forbiddon to enter the goth's room, especially without permission, unless they were brave or stupid enough to step into the lion's den to only get thier head bitten off, or worse. he then knocked on her door, hoping not to be disturbing some deep meditation.

"hello? Raven?" he asked. no answer. no sound even. there was no ''go away, Beast Boy,'' or the sound of footsteps approaching the door. distant she was, but she usually at least answered someone when they spoke to her.

"Raven? you there?" he called a little louder this time. he waited a moment, again, hearing nothing. someone else might have simply walked off, thinking nothing of it. but not Beast Boy. no, he never let anything go. he didn't know when to quit. after all, as Raven herself had pointed out numerous times, he wasn't exactly high on intellegence. he then reached for the keypad by the door, sliding it open just a crack.

"hello? Raven? anybody home?" he said again, peeking inside. her room was dark and creepy as always, and seemed void of its owner, from what he could tell. he opened the door a little wider.

"Raven? are you in here?" he asked again, calling louder. he poked his head inside, expecting to get it bitten off or at least yelled at. nothing. he then fully slid the door open, and peered inside. darkness. silence. nothing stirred or made a sound. the goth was not here. this only made him more confused and curious. if she wasn't in any other room, or in her's, then where was she? he looked around before hesistantly stepping inside. he looked around as he walked in, trying to figure out where his quiet and dark friend had gone. he then came to her dresser, seeing a strange mirror laying on top. he had been in her room only once before, and immediately reconized the mirror. in most cases, he wouldn't have, but this was no ordinary mirror. this was Raven's meditation mirror, the very one that was a portal to her own mind. he had been pulled inside once before with Cyborg, and had no intention of returning. not only was her mind dark, creepy, and not entirely safe, he had already crossed a major line, and was not about to cross another. there was only one thing worse than entering her room uninvited, and that was entering her mind. he had done both before, and miraculously lived to tell the tale. however, he may not be so lucky a second time. then a thought came to him. what if she was in her mirror? what if Raven had gone through the portal into her mind? with that thought in his mind, he grew quickly nervous of being found standing there when she got back. that was when he decided to leave before he was found out. so he turned to face the door, ready to depart. that was when he froze. he stood stiff and still as a statue, a terrified look on his face, as he realized he was no longer alone in the room. there, standing in the doorway, was the goth girl herself, Raven. she wore her typical uniform, a black leotard with her indigo blue cloak. her hood was up, only partially hiding the penetrating glare on her face. she folded her arms, her eyes narrowing on the changeling.

"Beast Boy," she spoke calmly in her usual monotone voice. her voice was usually kind of low and quiet, with this eerie rasp to it. now, her voice had also a dangerus tone to it, only adding to her creepiness, and to his fear. "what are you doing in my room?" she asked, her eyes narrowing further, her tone growing an increased hint of anger. "no one is allowed in my room." she added finally, her eyes now glowing an eerie white, and her tone almost snarling now. Beast Boy chuckled nervously. he was now officially doomed. not only was she mad, possibly furious, it was always hard to tell just how mad she was since she was usually so calm, but her eyes were glowing. that was a sign, a sign of doom.

"heh, hey, Raven. i was just looking for you. guess you found me, huh?" he said, nervously. Raven slowly and silently walked towards him, stopping only inches from him. she looked him right in the eyes, her's still glowing white. if this foolish boy had no better reason or story for his mistake, then there was nothing more to discuss.

"Azarath....." she spoke quietly, and slowly. he gulped. he knew what was coming. "..Metrion...... Zinthos....." she chanted her usual mantra. then Beast Boy was encased in dark energy. Raven lowered her arms, and raised a hand, opening her window. then without another a word, she waved her hand, and the green boy went flying out the window. the dark energy releashed its grip as he went flying. Raven's eyes stopped glowing. she stood there quietly for a moment, sighing, obviously irritated, yet slightly relieved he was gone. Beast Boy quickly shifted to the form of a falcon, diving down to the main entrance of the Tower. although being thrown from a window via dark enrgy powers from an angry goth was not good at all, he was relieved. of all the things she could have done to him, this was by far a long ways off from the worst. at least he was alive and in one piece. he had no physical injuries. that was a blessing. as he neared the ground, he shifted to his human form, landing outside. he sighed, hesistating to enter the very tower he had been thrown from.
---
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#3 Posted: 23:06:20 28/09/2011
Nice. Good work. I don't watch too much of that show but I have seen some episodes.
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#4 Posted: 23:17:53 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. i have all five season sand the movie on DVD. i just got this idea for a story and decided to write it. by the way, i should probally mention that this story has quite a bit of girl talk, but its all pretty nessecery for the plot.

Chapter 2: Not In The Mood

Beast Boy finally walked back inside the tower, a bit surprised to find Raven quietly sitting on the couch, her violet eyes fixed on one of her many books. her hood was down now, showing her short, violet hair, and she presumed her blank, stoic expression he knew so well. the others still seemed to be absent, leaving him alone with her for now. he headed into the room, and was about to sit on the couch, planning to watch TV. however, before he could sit down, Raven spoke,

"don't. even. think. about. it." she spoke slowly, a warning tone. her expression was still blank, her gaze still glued to the book. yet it was clear the earlier intrusion had not been forgotten in a matter of minutes. uncertain of what exactly she meant, Beast Boy gave her a confused look.

"what?" he asked, innocently. she looked, or rather glared, at him from the corner of her eye.

"don't give me that look." she said, her head turning ever so slightly, her eyes narrowing on him. "don't you dare act innocent. i'm still furious with you for entering my room." she said. then she looked back at her book.

"but i'm not doing anything now. i'm not bothering you." he insisted. she looked back at him out of the corner of her eye.

"not yet." she remarked. "give it about ten seconds, and you will be."

"oh, come on, Rae, i don't bother you that much." he said. she turned her head fully with a scowl, slamming her book shut. big mistake. he had forgotten he called her by her nickname, which she hated.

"walk away, Beast Boy. just walk away." she warned, a vein nearly popping on her forehead. she was obviously near the end of her rope, her eyes narrowing with a death glare, of which she was practically famous for. she seemed about ready to throw him back outside at any given moment. all she needed was another reason. just one more button pushed, and out he would go again. however, she was trying to maintain control. as infuriating as the green boy could be, she did not particularly like using her powers to inflict bodily harm on him. she had much rather not lose control, and spend hours meditating because of it.

"but--" he started to say.

"go." she interrupted. if he didn't leave in the next two minutes, she was sure she would eventually crack, and the result would not be a pretty sight.

"but i heard a new joke, and i was gonna tell it to ya." he said. her eyes narrowed.

"one joke, just one of your lame jokes, and back outside you go." she warned. the green boy chuckled nervously. Raven was less than amused.

"i'm gonna leave you alone now." he said, nervously. then he was gone in a flash before danger struck him again. Raven sighed, irritatibly. she then reopened her book, and coninued reading. only moments after Beast Boy left did Cyborg walk into the room. his growling stomach could be heard loud and clear.

"man, am i hungry." he said before he started rummaging through the refridgerator. soon after, Starfire and Robin walked in through the main door, side by side, smiling. Robin joined Cyborg in the kitchen, the two of them now chatting. Starfire happily flew over to Raven, floating beside her.

"friend Raven, you return from your meditation on the roof. would you care to journey with me to the mall of shopping?" she asked, cheerfully.

"no." Raven answered, plainly. not once had she glanced up from her book.

"but we could try on many assortments of clothing, do the painting of the nails, and perform braiding manuevers upon each other's hair, and--"

"no." she cut her off. Starfire pouted slightly, floating lower until she sat down beside her.

"then how about we go to your favorite depressing cafe?" she asked. that did it. Raven looked up. her expression was still as blank as ever, but her attention had been grabbed at least.

"alright." Raven answered with a quiet sigh. she then closed her book and placed it down on the table in front of the couch.

"glorious! perhaps we could do the girl talk." Starfire beamed, immediately pulling her friend into a tight hug.

"Starfire, let go." she said, calmly, but slightly with a warning tone. she was in no mood for strong, back-breaking, alien hugs right now. Star let go, smiling at her friend.

"quickly, Raven, let us go." she said. then before Raven could say another word, Star grabbed her hand, and flew out of the tower with her.
---
#5 Posted: 23:25:26 28/09/2011
Ah, I see....
smilie
At first glance of title, I thought it would be a fight or something.
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#6 Posted: 23:31:42 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
well, the title goes with the matchmaking involved. by the way, that is first mentioned in the third chapter. and actually, i got the title name from a Pokemon episode. smilie in the Orange Islands, there's one called Misty Meets Her Match. at first, i thought it was about a fight. but really, its about her and one of the gym leaders, a guy named Rudy. he asks her to stay on the island with him, and she kinda has to choose between him and Ash.

Chapter 3: Girl Talk

Raven and Starfire were now sitting across the table from each other in a small, dark, and quiet cafe. it was one in particular that Raven liked. it was almost never crowded, always dark and quiet, and served herbal tea. also, the tables were designed like a chess board, with chess pieces neatly sorted beside it. Raven quietly sipped her tea while Starfire went on to explain every detail about her date with Robin. as unenthusiastic as ever, Raven listened with a blank expression, her face partially hidden from her hood. Starfire and Robin had gone out to an early movie, and then had pizza. of course, Star rambled on and on about it, even telling details of the movie. then Starfire stopped to breathe before taking a sip of tea.

"sounds fun." Raven remarked, dryly. it almost sounded like sarcasm, but her voice was so plain that it was almost hard to tell. there was almost a hint of jealousy, a hint of longing or perhaps a sadness that indicated that some part of her deep down wished to have that kind of relationship with someone. however, it was near impossible to tell if this were true.

"yes, indeed, it was!" Star beamed. "you should try the date sometime. perhaps you and Beast Boy would enjoy yourselves." she smiled. at that moment, Raven spewed out a sip of tea in shock. she set her tea cup down, and looked at Starfire with widened eyes.

"excuse me?" she asked. her voice had a slight surprised tone to it, only as much as she would allow to show.

"you and Beast Boy. you are close, yes?" she asked, not seeing the problem.

"we're friends, but we're not....." Raven trailed off, a bit reluctant to even mention any possibilities of a relationship. "...there's nothing going on between us." she said, plainly. she then closed her eyes, taking another sip of tea, apparently acting as though the conversation was over.

"but the date is fun. the relationship is nice to have. you do not wish to have one?" she asked, puzzled. Starfire did not understand at all why anyone would not want to have someone speacial.

"no." she answered, bluntly. "least of all with him." she added quietly.

"but why not? and why least of all Beast Boy?" Starfire obviously wasn't letting this go.

"look, i'm simply not intrested in a relationship. i'm not intrested at all." she answered, wanting to end this. she then took another sip of tea.

"but what about Malchior? you were with him, yes?" Star asked, innocently. Raven opened her eyes, now glaring at the alien girl.

"Malchior was a dragon who lied to me so that he would be freed from the curse." she said, anger obvious in her tone. "end of story." she added, eyes narrowing.

"but you were close to him for him to be able to break your heart, correct? and afterwards, Beast Boy was the one to ease your pain." she said. Raven gave her a death glare, a toned down one from the ones she normally gave Beast Boy, but a glare all the same.

"he was not close to me. he meant nothing to me. now he is cursed again, and will remain so. and Beast Boy just happened to show up at the right time and somehow say the right thing. that's all." Raven said, her voice threatening. she normally didn't give warnings to Star, but she wanted to end the current conversation completely.

"i understand you do not wish to speak of the one who hurt you, but what of Beast Boy? your bond seemed to have grown stronger after the incident. then it grew stronger again after he became the beast." Star explained. Raven sighed, relaxing so that she showed off her usual blank expression.

"Starfire, why are you bringing this up?" she asked, bluntly. it was obvious the conversation had no signs of ending, so she might as well get to the bottom of it.

"well, truthfully, i have heard that the double date is even more fun than the single date. i had wished that we could double date, but you currently have no one while i have Robin. the relationship brings happiness. do you still wish to not be in one?" Star said with a small smile. Raven sighed. she should have known it had something to do with a double date or matchmaking.

"there's just no one that i'm intrested in. if i do manage to find someone," she sighed before continuing. "i'll think about taking you up on that offer." she said. she didn't sound too happy about it, but Starfire had a way of getting through to her. it just seemed harder to say no to the alien girl. Raven then took another sip of tea, soon finishing it. Starfire also took a sip of her's. then she smiled at her goth friend.

"i am glad you will consider the double date if you find a speacial someone. perhaps it will be soon."

"i doubt it." Raven said, plainly. although she was pessimistic about finding a decent date that she would actually approve of, she wasn't real intrested in the matter in the first place. Starfire's smile faded ever so slightly. the fact that her dear friend was not even remotely intrested in dating concerned her. she knew that with thier superhero lives, it would be harder to find a date, but they wern't always busy. surely there was someone out there suitable for her friend. that's when Starfire had an idea. she gave herself the job of finding a date that Raven would approve of. although it may be difficult, she was determined to help her friend. she didn't want her being alone.
---
#7 Posted: 23:35:28 28/09/2011
yay....straight into the plot. I hate it when things play around with unimportant fluff and dialouge or action not related to the story.

Probably why I hate Spongebob, Gumball, Tom and Jerry, and all those other famous cartoon shows....no purpose...
---
#8 Posted: 23:39:46 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, i try not to mess around too much. it gets a bit boring then, and its just pointless. there may be some moments where not a whole lot is happening, but i think its all pretty relevent to the main plot. now, there is a villian in this story, and he's actually one i created myself. but he's not just thrown in for no reason. the story still follows a plot.

Chapter 4: Matchmaker

after finishing up thier tea, and thier conversation, the girls returned back home to the tower. Robin and Cyborg were playing a racing game. Beast Boy wasn't in the main room. once they arrived, Raven walked to her room. Starfire floated up behind her two friends who sat on the couch, frantically mashing buttons to out-do the other.

"friends, i bring you a proposal, a plan, if you will." Starfire began.

"a plan for what?" Robin asked.

"yeah, there's no bad guy but to kick now." Cyborg added.

"this does not concern the but-whoop. i speak of a plan that involves Raven."

"what about her?" Cy asked.

"is she ok?"

"she is well. i simply wish for her to partake in the date. perhaps i could find someone suitable for her." she said. the guys paused in thier game, and turned to look at thier alien friend.

"girl, are you playing matchmaker?" Cyborg asked.

"play matchmaker? this game sounds fun. how do you play?" Starfire smiled.

"Star, its not exactly a game. playing matchmaker means that you're trying to find a date for someone." Robin explained.

"oh." Star said. "in which case, yes, i am playing the matchmaker."

"but why? i mean, i guess its a nice thought, but i don't really see Raven going out on a date." Cyborg said.

"yeah, did she even ask for your help? does she even want to go out on a date?" Robin added.

"well, she claims she is not intrested in anyone. however, i wish for her to experiance this date. she did say that she meerly has not found someone for whom to have affection for."

"Starfire, if Raven isn't intrested, then don't force anything. if she wants to date, she'll decide for herself." Robin said.

"yeah, just let the girl be independant until she actually wants to be in a relationship." Cyborg added. then he turned back to face the game. "come on, boy blunder. lets finish this game so i can kick your but in a diffrent one." he grinned. Robin turned back around.

"you wish. i'll be the one winning this game, Cy." he said. then the guys resumed the game. Starfire sighed, and then floated out of the main room, now wandering down the hallway. Starfire continued to float down the hallway, until an idea hit her. what was wrong with going out and finding a date for Raven on her own? surely with her flying abilities, she could quickly search the city for a decent date. with a grin and a new plan, she zoomed out of the tower, determined and eager to begin her search.
---
#9 Posted: 23:42:18 28/09/2011
I think the characters are pretty in character. From what I've seen anyway.
---
#10 Posted: 23:47:56 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks, but its basically just starting. i was more concerned with the later chapters, as far as staying in character. but i think they're fairly well in character. i mean, they're not so OOC that you would notice that much. now this next chapter was actually inspired by a part in the movie Ten Things I Hate About You. if you've seen it, you might see similarities.

Chapter 5: No One Will Date Her

Starfire quickly flew about the city, trying to find a date suitble for Raven. she approached a group of guys that were hanging out at the park. she floated up beside them, immediately getting thier attention.

"greetings, friends. would any of you wish to partake in a date with my dearest friend Raven?" she asked. the guys instantly reconized the name, getting a mental image of the goth girl in question. one simply laughed, holding himself together as he cracked up. once he had calmed down a bit, he walked away. one screamed, racing off into the distance, hollering at the top of his lungs.

"maybe if we were the last two people alive. maybe." one scoffed before he walked away. all but one followed his example. Starfire looked in confusion, and then smiled at the remaining guy.

"would you wish to--"

"no. you must be crazy, girl. no one will go out with her." he remarked. Star looked confused and troubled.

"but why not?"

"you're joking, right? look, she may be a Titan and all, but i seriously doubt anyone would date her. we've heard stories. we've heard rumors. we also have memories. we all know what she is." he said. Starfire didn't know what he meant by that. the guy sighed. "she's half-demon. she's got a temper like a live grenade, she's creepy, and things tend to explode around her sometimes. no one is brave enough or stupid enough to put up with a strange goth like that." he explained. then he walked off without another word. Starfire stopped floating, no longer feeling an abundance of happiness to continue flight at the moment. she just could not understand why anyone would react that way to a date with Raven. true, Raven wasn't exactly the most fun to be around, or the easiest to get along with, but she wasn't that bad. she was just diffrent. you just needed to have the right patience to get to know her. Starfire sighed, hanging her head slightly with a small frown. she was starting to suspect that perhaps no one really would date her. however, she then put on a determined expression.

"no. i will not give up. surely there is someone who would be willing to partake in the date. there must be someone who would consider it. for Raven, i will find someone." she said. she then flew off to continue her search.
---
#11 Posted: 23:52:13 28/09/2011
Ah, well, I'm sure you'll do fine.
---
#12 Posted: 23:57:26 28/09/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. its mainly Raven i'm concerned about. the others arn't that hard to keep in character in certain situations, but Raven is diffrent. not only is she usually stoic anyway, but she can't feel too much because of her powers. and if she does, they run rampant and things blow up. so i always have to kinda think about what i'm doing with her before i have her react. i have to consider her feelings more, and how they would affect her powers. then i have to remember what all her powers are, since she has so many.

Chapter 6: The Search Continues

Starfire searched on, going to every club she could think of, asking about dates for Raven. she got similiar results with every question. the answer was always no, but the reactions all varied. no one seemed willing to date the goth girl. this troubled Starfire. she then thought of something. perhaps she was asking the wrong people. she went to normal clubs, asking average guys. would she get a better reaction if she asked guys that were just as dark and creepy? there was only one way to find out. Star flew to one of the depressing cafes that Raven liked to go to. there, she asked gothic guys if they would date Raven. however, to her dismay, she still got mostly no's. granted they were mainly quiet shruggs, or shakes of thier heads, or a simple decline of the offer, but a they were rejections all the same. these guys just didn't seem intrested at all. other guys at least asked Starfire out before departing. however, the goth guys seemed to care as much about dating as Raven did. then just as Starfire was about to try a diffrent place, her communicator beeped. someone was calling her. she picked it up, and answered the call.

"hello? this is Starfire. how may i be of assitance?" she asked, happily. Robin's face appeared on the communicator, only increasing her joy. "Robin! how wonderful to see you!" she said, floating off the ground with glee.

"Star, where are you?" he asked.

"i am at the depressing cafe." she answered.

"didn't you already go there with Raven earlier?"

"yes, i did. it was most enjoyable. Raven and i had a rather nice girl talk."

"yeah, you mentioned something about matchmaking. you're not doing that, are you?"

"oh, uh, no, certainly not after you said not to." she smiled innocently, obviously lying.

"Starfire." he said, folding his arms. she sighed.

"alright, i admit i was doing the matchmaking. but i just wish that Raven would experiance what you and i have." she said. Robin sighed with a small smile, lowering his arms at his sides.

"Star, i thought we already went through this. if she wants to go out on a date, she'll do so when she feels ready. you can't force her. you should know what happens when Beast Boy tries to get her to do something."

"i know. and i do not wish to force anything upon her. she did not fully refuse the thought. she simply stated that she is not intrested in anyone right now. perhaps if i found someone for her to be intrested in, she would go out on the date."

"and how exactly did you plan on doing that?"

"well, i have searched the city, but not many are willing to consider the offer."

"look, Starfire, if you insist on finding her a date, then why don't you try talking about it with Raven? you should at least tell her about your plan."

"very well, that is a good idea. i will return home, and i shall see you shortly. goodbye, Robin." she smiled before cutting off her communicator.
---
#13 Posted: 00:00:20 29/09/2011
smilie innocent Starfire...so naive...
---
#14 Posted: 00:08:09 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
i know, i love her. smilie besides Bumblebee and Jinx, once they show up, Starfire really keeps this story going. since its about matchmaking, i needed the other girls in it. Star is just the one to start everything.

Chapter 7: The Goth Finds Out

Starfire returned home to the tower. when she arrived, she quickly gave a cheerful greeting to her friends, Robin and Cyborg, who were playing a game. she then asked where Raven and Beast Boy were. they said that they were each in thier room, which was normal for Raven, but not for Beast Boy. with a smile, Star flew off to Raven's room, and soon stopped at the door. she stood there for a moment, before knocking.

"Raven?" she asked. soon the door opened fully, revealing Raven, with her hood down. usually, she only opened the door a crack, but this was diffrent. she knew Starfire was at the door, and unlike many others, Star was allowed in her room.

"Starfire? everything okay?" she asked in her usual monotone.

"i wish to have the girl talk. may i come in?"

"girl talk? we just did that earlier. what more could there be to talk about in such a short amount of time?"

"there is something i would like to discuss with you." she smiled. Raven sighed, and stepped aside, signaling for Starfire to enter. with a light giggle, Star floated into the room, and Raven closed the door behind her.

"feel free to sit down." Raven said. Starfire smiled, and sat down at the foot of her bed. Raven walked over and sat down beside her. "so, about this..... girl talk..?" she asked.

"yes, i have an idea. perhaps you would like it."

"let's hear it first." she said, dryly, doubtful she would like a plan of Starfire's.

"well, remember when you said you had not yet found someone in which to go on the date with?"

"uh, yes, it was this morning." she stated, plainly, wondering how she could have forgotten something in such a short amount of time.

"well, i have searched the city for a date and--" she started to explain when Raven held up her hand.

"wait a minute. you were looking for a date? for me?" she asked. Starfire nodded with a smile. Raven sighed. "why?"

"i simply wish to find you someone in which to partake on the date with."

"Starfire, i thought we discussed this. i'm not intrested."

"but you said that you had not found someone, and that when you did, you would consider the double date." Star said. Raven sighed, shaking her head gently.

"listen, i know what i said, but i meant sometime in the future, after i had found someone on my own. i didn't mean for you to find someone for me." she explained. Starfire frowned slightly.

"so i have done wrong? you are not pleased? i simply wanted to assist you. perhaps i should not."

"no, Starfire, that isn't exactly what i meant. i'm not mad or anything, if that's what you're thinking. you're not in trouble for trying to help me." she said. Starfire smiled.

"then i can assist you?" she smiled brightly. Raven sweatdropped.

"well, uh, its not that i have a problem with that--"

"glorious!" Star said cheerfully, hugging her. "perhaps we can search together to find a suitable date for you." she said, squeezing Raven with one of her back-breaking hugs.

"Starfire..... can't..... breathe......" she muttered, straining to speak. Starfire gasped and let go.

"Raven, i bring you apoligy. i did not mean to--"

"i know..." she muttered, taking deep breaths. she then looked at her alien friend once she had regained her composure. "its fine. i just wish you wouldn't use your alien strenght with your hugs."

"so, does this mean we now can journey through the city to find a date?"

"uh, well...." Raven muttered. not hearing an immediate answer, Starfire joyfully grabbed her gothic friend by the hand, and flew out of the room and down the hallway. before Raven could manage to protest or break away, Star had already flown out of the tower. Robin and Cyborg looked on in confusion, only seeing a glimpse of the girls as they flew by. they then shrugged before returning to thier game.
---
#15 Posted: 00:13:02 29/09/2011
smilie tricky Starfire. It's hilarious when people jump to conclusions.
---
#16 Posted: 00:18:05 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah. smilie well, like i said, i need the other girls for this to work. Starfire, Bumblebee, and Jinx are almost like co-writers here. they're the ones behind everything, basically. oh, the next chapter is the guys talking.

Chapter 8: Obsessions

Robin and Cyborg were still playing thier game when Beast Boy walked into the room.
"yo, BB, wanna play after i kick Robin's but?" the mechanical man grinned.

"i guess." he shrugged as he sat down on the couch next to the tin man.

"everything ok, Beast Boy?" Robin asked.

"yeah, sure. just a little bored, i guess."

"anything you wanna talk about?" Cy asked. Beast Boy sighed.

"i just wonder if Raven's still mad at me for going into her room." he said.

"knowing Rae, she probally is. you know she doesn't let anybody in her room. and after what happened last time with her mirror, i'm surprised you were actually stupid enough to go back in there." Cyborg said.

"yeah, why did you go in her room?" Robin added. the changeling sighed again.

"i was just looking for her so i could tell her my new joke."

"now i know she's still mad. you went looking for her in her room to tell her one of your lame jokes? yeah, no way she's over that yet." Cy said. Beast Boy frowned, narrowing his gaze on the tin man.

"i didn't do anything wrong, though. you know i'm always trying to make her smile or laugh. how can i do that when i can't even find her?"

"you can't follow her around everywhere she goes and bother her. she likes to be left alone." Robin said.

"yeah, and why do you care so much about making her laugh anyway? its not like she'll crack a smile at one of your jokes. and even if she did, something might blow up." Cyborg added.

"oh, come on, guys, you know i'm hilarious." he insisted. they sighed, and gave no reply. "anyway, i'd just like to see her smile and enjoy life for a change. i mean, why does she have to be so dark and creepy all the time?"

"uh, 'cause she's a gothic half-demon?" Cy guessed.

"Cyborg has a point there. that's just the way she is. why try to change her?"

"i'm not trying to get her to change, i like her the way she is, i just want her to laugh at one my jokes just once!" Beast Boy said, raising his voice, and flailing his arms around.

"dude, BB, chill, man. its not a big deal. stop obsessing over Raven and give up on the jokes. she doesn't think they're funny." Cyborg said.

"yeah, just try not to think about making her smile so much." Robin agreed.

"easy for you to say, Mr i'm-in-love-with-Starfire! what do you want me to do, ignore her?!" Beast Boy nearly hollered. Robin frowned, trying to look mad, but he blushed. he remained focused on the game. Cyborg smirked, still playing also.

"actually, that's not a bad idea. if you tried leaving Raven alone, she might not get mad at you so much. then again, you seem to have a natural talent for irritating her." he said. Beast Boy frowned, nearly glaring at Cyborg now. then the half-robot glanced at Robin. "and you better not deny anything about Starfire, 'cause we all know you like her." he said, grinning. Robin blushed more.

"you're totally turning red right now." Beast Boy chuckled.

"well, at least i don't have to worry about Starfire getting mad at me, unlike you and a certain goth."

"dude, Rae would never really hurt me." Beast Boy said, leaning back with a smirk, putting his hands behind his head. he was also blushing slightly as he thought of Raven.

"now, who's blushing?" Robin smirked. the changeling looked at him.

"dude, i am so not blushing!" he yelled.

"both of y'all better shut up, 'cause you're both turning red." Cyborg pointed out. they both glared at him.

"i'm not blushing!" they both yelled.

"oh, come on. just face it. both of y'all got girls on the brain. Robin, you went out with Star earlier today on a date. and BB, you've been acting diffrent since you made Rae mad this morning. its obvious you guys like them, so shut up and admit it already." Cy told them. then he grinned as he beat a distracted Robin. "boo-yah!" he shouted his signature catchphrase. Robin and Beast Boy just sunk down into the couch, obviously a bit grumpy about the mechanical man's remark.
---
#17 Posted: 00:21:09 29/09/2011
smilie blushing......such a bad thing......apparently. smilie
---
#18 Posted: 00:27:30 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
hehe, yeah. smilie i just wanted to kinda throw that in there, so its not constantly centered around the girls.

Chapter 9: Types

"no. no. no. Starfire, this is pointless." Raven said in her usual monotone. the goth girl was losing her patience. she was standing in the middle of a club next to her alien friend. Starfire continously pointed out guys for Raven to date, but with a blank glance and a deadpan answer, the goth turned down every suggestion. she put her hood up and folded her arms. Star looked at her friend, a bit confused.

"is no one here your..... type?" she asked, innocently. she was not entirely sure what 'type' meant, but she had seen enough chick flicks to have an idea.

"that's one way of putting it." she replied, still as cold as ever.

"then perhaps we could go to a depressing place where we would find someone of your type."

"i doubt it, Starfire, not everyone has a type." she said. Star simply looked more confused.

"but i once saw a movie that stated everyone has a type." she said. Raven turned fully, looking at her confused alien friend, lowering her arms.

"Starfire, do you even know what that means?"

"well..... um...... does it not mean that 'type' is someone in which you.... like?" she asked, obviously unsure. Raven sighed with a slight eyeroll, not really wanting to explain it to her. Starfire frowned, thinking she had missed the meaning completely.

"its a little more complicated than that. its not exactly someone that you like, its the kind of peron that you like. the 'type' is what describes the kind of person you would like to date. its someone that you would typically be more inclined to date, versus just anyone. for example, a goth would most likely want to date a fellow goth, which would be considered thier 'type', another 'creepy' person that they can relate to. however, that isn't always the case." she said as a matter of fact, as if a teacher was dully explaining a lecture to a student. Starfire nodded, looking curious, and paritially seeming to understand. she then smiled wide as she seemed to have an idea.

"then your 'type' would be a goth, yes?" she asked, as if that was all she cared about. Raven sighed.

"like i said before, not everyone has a type. not everyone would want to date someone exactly like them. there is the term opposites attract." she said, deadpan. Starfire looked curious again. she was quiet a moment, thinking.

"tell me, what is the 'attracting of opposites' in which you speak?" she asked, innocently. Raven sighed yet again. she wasn't exactly in the mood to play teacher, but explaining things to her alien friend couldn't be any worse than Starfire picking out a date for her.

"opposites attract simply means that two people who are compeletly diffrent, who seem to have nothing in common, can get along and grow fond of each other. as diffrent as the people may be, they make a good match and complete each other, balancing each other out." Raven explained. Starfire thought for a moment, and smiled a wide grin.

"like you and Beast Boy?" she asked, innocently, confriming her thoughts that the two would make a good couple. without thinking fully on her question, Raven replied,

"yes." she nodded. Starfire giggled and clapped her hands excitedly, now floating. Raven then realized why her alien friend was so giddy. "wait, no!" she snapped, eyes wide. "we're just friends. there's no......" she paused, fighting back a slight blush. "...there's no attraction between us...." she finished, looking away slightly, and trying to keep up her usual emotionless composure.

"so if the term 'attracting of opposites' does not work with you and Beast Boy, then does that mean that your 'type' would be another goth?" she asked, innocently, her smile lessening to a smaller size. Raven sighed again and looked back at her friend, her face as blank as always. she started to answer when a figure approached them. both girls turned to face the teen boy that had walked up to them. he had black hair and green eyes. he wore a dark green shirt, black pants, and black shoes. he eyed both girls, giving them the look-down, before turning to Raven.

ooc: ok, there's another part of this chapter, but it wouldn't all fit. part two will be up in a moment.
---
#19 Posted: 00:28:15 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
"tell me, babe, did it hurt?" he asked the goth with a half-smile.

"excuse me?" she asked, deadpan.

"falling from the heavens, 'cause i know an angel when i see one." he grinned, giving her another look-down. Raven smirked.

"obviously you don't." she remarked. he looked confused. "i'm no angel." she continued. then her eyes glowed an eerie white. "i'm far from it, actually." then all but the guy's head was encased in dark energy, and with a simple raise of her hand, he levitated off the ground. she looked at him, her gaze narrowing. "does that line actually work?" she asked. he smirked at her.

"you tell me." he replied.

"i don't know what i should be more angry about, the fact that someone would use a pick-up line on me, or the fact that i was called an angel when i'm really half-demon." she said, her monotone voice had a slight warning tone to it. the guy chuckled nervously.

"great. leave it to me to hit on the darkest and creepiest girl in the place. figures i'd end up talking to a demon girl." he muttered. "heartless, unemotional demons." he muttered in a lower tone. he thought no one would hear him, but both Titan girls did. Raven dropped him on the ground with a thud. her eyes stopped glowing, and even though it didn't seem to phase her at all, his remark cut her like a knife. one minute he's calling her an angel, and once he realizes who she is, she's suddenly dark and creepy, nothing but a demon. she knew she was a gothic half-demon, but that was just it. she was only half-demon. demon lineage or not, she was still a teenaged girl. she was not heartless or void of emotion, and she couldn't help but feel hurt by that. Raven turned away slightly, her cloak wrapping around her body, covering her completely. she sunk down deeper into her cloak, hiding underneath the indigo blue cloth. Starfire noticed this, and turned to the guy, eyes glowing green. she then picked him by his shirt collar.

"you will not say such things about my friend. if you wish to behave like a clorbag, then you will not be allowed anywhere near my friend." the Tamaranean said. then using her alien strenght, she threw him back against the wall of the club. her eyes stopped glowing, and she turned to Raven, the goth girl's back turned to her. "Raven? did the mean talking harm you?" she asked, concerned. Raven glanced over her shoulder.

"no." she said, plainly. "after all, i'm just a heartless demon. its not like such words would hurt me." she said, cooly. then she closed her eyes with a rather sadened sigh. Star sensed that her friend was at least partially hurt by that. the alien stood there quietly with a frown, and then Raven started to walk away. the goth stopped when her friend suddenly stood in front of her.

"no." she said, determined, if not almost defiant, in a way. "you are not creepy. you are not unemotional or without a heart. you may be a goth, you may be diffrent, but you are not as dark as you may seem. you are only half-demon. you may be withdrawn, but you have good reason. we have switched before. i know your powers are based by emotion. you have good reason for being the way you are. you are my friend, and i refuse you to think or anyone else to think such bad things when they are not true." she said. a moment of silence went by, the words taking a moment to register. then Raven smiled. for most, it was hardly a smile, or even noticeable, but for Raven, it may as well have been a full-blown grin.

"thank you, Starfire." she said, smile still present. Starfire grinned.

"i welcome you, friend Raven. you are more of a sister to me than Blackfire ever was." she giggled, as she hugged her friend, squeezing her tightly. Raven did partially smile at that. they had been close ever since they had switched bodies with the Puppet King incident. after they had defeated him and got switched back, thier bond was stronger. they were like best friends, like sisters even. yes, they were diffrent, but they did have some similiarities. then Raven could almost feel the life being squeezed out of her as Star used her alien strenght to hug her friend tightly.

"...Starfire....... air......." she muttered.

"you wish to breathe?" she asked, loosening her grip slightly.

"no, i rather suffocate by your back-breaking hug..." Raven answered, sarcastically. Starfire giggled softly and let go, letting her gothic friend gasp for air. after she captured her breath, she looked at her alien friend. "you know, i'm not big on hugs in the first place, but i think i would like them better if i didn't have the life squeezed out of me every time." she said. Starfire just smiled, happy her friend was feeling better.
---
#20 Posted: 00:35:43 29/09/2011
Nice. Good detail. Heh, saw a few typos but a LOT less than most people. Great Job!
---
#21 Posted: 00:43:14 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. yeah, i have typos sometimes. they're usually not real bad though, and i fix them if i catch them.

Chapter 10: The Dark Angel

Starfire and Raven soon returned home to the tower, both actually smiling as they walked into the main room, where the guys were all playing a game. granted, Raven's smile was small and hardly noticeable, but it was a smile all the same. her hood was down now, making her happy expression, at least as much as she would ever express, show a little more clearly. the guys paused in thier game, looking over at the girls. Starfire was telling some Tamaranean joke, while Raven pretended to be as amused as she would let on. Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg just stared in shock, mostly at Raven's good mood.

"uh, hey, Starfire, Raven. you guys had a good time?" Robin asked. the girls looked at him, and both actually nodded.

"indeed, Robin, our time out was most enjoyable! although there was a moment when it was less nice, it was still wonderful to be out with friend Raven. i think our bond has strenghtened with our time out." Starfire beamed.

"so..... you both.... had fun....?" Cyborg asked, in disbelief.

"uh, yeah, sure." Raven said. all three guys went wide-eyed, staring silently in shock. Raven had fun? and admitted it?

"ok, did someone replace Raven with a robototic clone or something?" Beast Boy asked. he then hopped off the couch, suddenly holding a metal detector, and walking up to Raven. Raven narrowed her gaze with an irritated frown. when he approached her, she slapped him, causing him to topple over. "nope. that's our Raven alright." he said, holding a gloved hand over the red mark on his cheek. Cyborg walked over, setting the green changeling back on his feet. Robin walked over beside them.

"so, what did you guys do exactly?" Robin asked. then before Raven could stop her, Starfire went on the explain previous events.

"well, Raven and i journeyed to a club with flashing lights and pounding music. i pointed out to diffrent guys, suggesting dates for Raven. she rejected each one, and further explained about types and the attraction of opposites. then some clorbag dared to use the...." Star trailed off, thinking of the term Raven had used. "...line of picking up to irritate friend Raven. he had said that it must have hurt when she fell because she was some creature called an angel. she informed him she was not this creature, and proceeded to lift him off of the ground. he then called her dark and creepy, and--" Raven then covered her mouth with a slight frown, when the guy was mentioned.

"they don't need every detail, Starfire." she told her friend. she then pulled her hand back, but despite her interruption, Starfire continued. Raven sighed.

"--once Raven let go of the clorbag, i sent him flying into a wall. i had warned him not to say such mean things about my friend." she said. Raven cracked a small smile.

"thata girl, Star. jerks like that oughta be thaught a lesson." Cyborg said.

"well, i'm glad you two took care of each other." Robin said with a small smile.

"so, the guy called you dark and creepy? and thought of you as nothing more than a demon?" Beast Boy asked Raven. she frowned ever so slightly.

"they're just words. they mean nothing." she said, deadpan, trying not to seem phased by it.

"well, i think the guy was right." he said with a grin, not thinking about what he just said. Star and the guys gave him a slight mean look, Raven frowned a little more. the changeling realized what he said. "no, not that. the angel remark. he's right." Starfire, Robin, and Cyborg looked confused now. Raven stopped frowning, and raised an eyebrow.

"but i'm not an angel, Beast Boy, i'm half-demon." she corrected him.

"you may be half-demon, but you still look like an angel, a dark angel, but still an angel." he flashed his signture toothy grin. Raven felt a rush of warmth to her cheeks, a slight blush showing. the edges of her lips curved slightly into a smile. Starfire smiled warmly. Robin and Cyborg shared a glance, holding back a few snickers. after a moment of silence, Raven pulled her hood up, and walked off to her room. Robin and Cyborg went back to thier game, with Starfire in the kitchen, cooking one of her many alien dishes. Beast Boy, however, followed the dark beauty down the hallway. "hey, Raven! Raven!" he called her. she stopped, and turned to face him, lowering her hood.

ooc: again, the chapter is too long, so part two will be up in a moment.
---
#22 Posted: 00:44:02 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
"what?" she asked. her voice was monotone as always, but was not quite as cold, and did not have an edge. Beast Boy came to a stop in front of her, looking around a little nervously as he scratched the back of his head. Raven watched him, waiting for a response.

"well, um, i just, uh...... i just wanted to apoligize...." he muttered a bit. Raven raised an eyebrow, confused.

"for what?" she asked.

"for that guy, for calling you dark and creepy, and thinking you're only a demon....which isn't true, 'cause you're only half-demon, and, um......" he muttered, partially looking at her, but not meeting her gaze. "...i mean, i know you're a goth, but, you know, you're not..... i mean...... you are creepy, but not like...... um..... you're just......" he trailed off, still nervous.

"Beast Boy, what are you trying to say?" she asked him, trying to get him to just spit it out already.

"well, um....... you know, its like i said earlier....... you're dark, but like still, you know..... like an angel, like a dark angel, or something....... like dark, but pretty...... creepy, but cool....... sorta like a horror movie that freaks you out, but its still awesome, and you love it anyway, even though you're scared of it....... so, yeah...... i mean, he may have been right about you being dark and creepy, but not like in a bad way, but a good way......." he chuckled lightly, looking up at her violet eyes for the first time in the conversation. a moment of silence went by as he watched her, nervous at what her reaction may be. Raven cracked a small smile, a slight blush showing.

only Beast Boy could make a comparison with a horror movie, and somehow make it sound like a compliment. he may be annoying and not very smart, but he can be quite.... sweet.... she thought as they stood in silence.

Beast Boy smiled, his bottom left tooth glistening slightly against his green skin. Raven thought more about what he had said.

'a horror movie that scares you, yet is awesome, and you love it anyway.....' is that what i am to him? do i scare him, yet he likes me? in a way, i guess it makes sense. i do tend to get angry with him when he annoys me, and he wouldn't have said all those things if he didn't mean it, would he? but 'awesome' i can kind of understand, for him, i guess, but love? did he just say that he......? no, he probally didn't mean it like that. he's so nervous that he probally just blurted out whatever came to mind, and he's not exactly one for thinking..... but did everything he said apply to me....? she thought, standing there, as if in a trance.

"hey, uh, Raven?" Beast Boy asked, bringing her out of her trance.

"yes, Beast Boy?" she asked.

"um........." he started to say, looking away, and scratching is head again. "...nevermind....." he muttered, frowning slightly.

"oh." she said, plainly, almost seeming dissappointed that he changed his mind on whatever he was going to say. she then turned to head to her room. she took two steps, before turning back around. "Beast Boy?" she asked. he looked at her, still a bit nervous.

"yeah?"

"uh...." she trailed off, looking away slightly. "thank you...... i guess....." she said, quietly, muttering the last part. he looked confused.

"for what?" he asked. she looked at him.

"for what you said. its nice that someone doesn't exactly see me as just a creepy goth." she said with a small smile. he grinned, blushing a bit.

"heh, no problem. hey, like i said before, that's no reason to stay locked up in your room. you're not alone, you know." he smiled. she blushed slightly, remembering when he had said that before, after the incident with Malchior.

"yeah. i know." she said, softly. then she slowly turned and started walking towards her room. Beast Boy stood there quietly a moment, frowning slightly as she walked away.

dude, i wished she would have hugged me again. i mean, yeah it was a total shock, but it was nice. kinda warm, for someone who's normally so cold....

he thought with a warm smile and a blush. he then shook his head, wide-eyed.

dude, where did THAT come from? i so don't like her that way. she's just a friend..... a friend who's beautiful, even when she's ticked at me.....

he abruptly shook his head again.

un huh, no! i don't like her that way! and even if i did, she totally doesn't like me that way at all. i mean, she'd probally kill me if i did like her, which i don't! and she'd repress her emotions like she always does. it so wouldn't work.

he convinced himself. he then thought back to what he said, remembering the angel remarks, and the horror movie comparison.

did i really just say that? to Raven? what did that even mean? cool but scary movie that you love anyway? did i really just compare her to a horror movie? did i really say she looks like an angel, a dark one? and did she actually SMILE at it? no, i must be imagining things. she wouldn't smile at something I said. i probally wasn't even thinking when i spoke, like running on auto pilot or something. yeah. that's it. auto pilot. i was just thinking out loud or something. yeah. meant nothing at all. she'll forget about it in the morning anyway. he thought. he then walked off towards his room.
---
#23 Posted: 00:49:56 29/09/2011
Heh nice. I like how you've kinda switched it to Raven's perspective now. And then BB's
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:50:11 29/09/2011 by Dragon-outcast
#24 Posted: 00:56:43 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. i kinda do that back and forth with them throughout the story. kinda like updating what each one is experiancing currently, since its about both of them, with the other girls pulling the strings.

Chapter 11: A Strange Morning

it was a little after nine the next morning. most of the Titans would be getting up just now, with the exception of one. Cyborg had just dragged his mechanical feet out of his room, and trudged down the long, dark hallway. the tower was still dark and quiet at this hour. the tin man soon made his way to the main room, the doors sliding shut beside him. he paused a moment, hunched over slightly, with his human eye half closed.

"man, am i tired. and starved. some bacon, eggs, and waffles should wake me up." he said as he made his way to the kitchen.

"good morning, Cyborg." came a monotone voice.

"AHHHHHH!" startled and somewhat fearful of the creepy voice in the dark, he stumbled backwards, mouth agape, eyes bulging. when he righted himself, he noticed a shadowy figure at the kitchen table.

"calm down. its just me." the voice said again. he calmed down a bit, and turned on a light. there, sitting at the kitchen table with a tea cup in her hands, was Raven. Cyborg let out a sigh of relief, glad it was only her. he was now fully awake, and aware of the goth girl's presence.

"dang, girl, what are you doing sittin' here alone in the dark? you nearly caused me to have a meltdown." he said. she looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

"i'm always up this early." she said, cooly, before taking a sip of tea. Cy shook his head and then made his way over to the refridgerator.

"you could at least have the light on, or warn somebody." he stated as he started to cook breakfeast.

"i like the dark." she simply stated, taking another sip of tea. "plus, i did not expect such an outburst from a simple greeting." she added. then the doors slid open, the room becomming slightly louder as two chatting Titans entered. walking side by side, and smiling, were the boy wonder and the alien girl.

"mornin' Star, Robin." Cyborg grinned, before returning to his breakfeast. "waffles?" he offered as he cooked. Starfire happily floated over by her metal friend.

"good morning, friend Cyborg! waffles for the breaking of the fast sounds wonderful." she beamed. Cyborg nodded with a smile.

"waffles for breakfeast coming up!" he cheered. Starfire sat across the table from Raven, and Robin soon sat down beside her.

"morning, Cy, Raven." he said.

"morning." Raven replied, her eyes closed as she took a sip of tea.

"friend Raven, do you wish to consume the breaking of the fast with us?" Star smiled. Raven looked at her.

"i'm not that hungry." she stated.

"yo, where's BB at? it just ain't breakfeast without the little grass stain complaining about my food." Cyborg said with a grin. at the mention of the changeling, Raven froze. her mind wandered to thier conversation the day before, the remarks of her being a dark angel, and being compared to a horror movie. soon there was a small blush on her cheeks. her face was quickly hidden with the thanks of her powers lifting her hood up over her head, covering part of her face. before anyone could notice her hidden blush or answer Cyborg's question, the Titan in question entered the room. for someone who was not a morning person in the least and usually slept until at least lunch time, Beast Boy was oddly wide awake. what was more odd, however, was his expression. he wore his usual cheerful, toothy girn, which would be normal if it wasn't so early.

"good morning, friend Beast Boy!" Starfire beamed.

"you're in a good mood." Robin added with a smile. Beast Boy turned to them, grinning still.

"just had a good night's sleep, and an awesome dream." he said, accidently letting the last part slip out. he was suddenly wide-eyed, and clammping his gloved hands over his mouth. Cyborg looked at him with a grin. Robin looked intrested, while Star was curious. Raven looked at him out of the corner of her eye. although she would never show or admit it, she was at least partially curious.

"what kind of dream, BB?" Cyborg asked. Beast Boy shot a glance at Raven, blushing slightly before looking away. he lowered on hand, scratching the back of his head with the other.

"oh, um.... nothing speacial...... just typical, you know, um..... stuff....." he muttered, nervously, still blushing. he thought of his dream, what had taken place in it, and who he was with. he blushed a deeper red, his heart pounding. his emotions shot through the present empath like a bullet, causing her to clutch the part of her cloak over her heart, almost like she truly had been shot. she tensed up, feeling the same nerves, and the hint of something else. something warm, faint, yet strong. she could feel butterflies in her stomach, her heart pounding. she couldn't quite place this feeling that the changeling had felt, but it was strong enough to shoot through her so fast, it caught her by surprise. being an empath, she was used to such incidents, but not quite like this. this emotion, this familiar emotion, was strong. it was almost too strong to contain, which was proven when the tea cup in her hand exploded, causing nearly everyone in the room to jump at the sudden sound. the others looked at her.

"Raven, you okay?" Robin asked, concern in his voice.

"i'm... fine...." she muttered, almost struggling to find her voice, and maintain a dull tone. "i just need to be alone..." she said. then with that, she shot up from her chair. she quietly and gracefully walked to the door, her cloak swaying behind her as her pace quickened. the others watched her leave in silence, includding Beast Boy, who seemed to longingly stare, even after she had left the room. upon entering the hallway, Raven's pace quickened even more, and her emotions calmed slightly with every step she got further from the changeling. the other Titans then turned to thier green teammate.

"so, BB, about that dream that so doesn't seem like nothing...." Cyborg began. Beast Boy looked at him, still a bit nervous.

"its nothing speacial, just....... normal guy stuff....." he muttered with a slight shrugg. Cyborg and Robin glanced at each other, and then looked at a confused Starfire.

"i should go?" she asked, innocently.

"i think that might be best for now." Robin said. Starfire smiled understandably, and gave a slight nod. then she flew out of the room. once she was gone, Robin and Cyborg looked at Beast Boy. "so, Beast Boy, about this... dream.." he said.
---
#25 Posted: 00:58:41 29/09/2011
g2g. FOOOOOOOD! smilie
---
#26 Posted: 01:01:55 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
ok, bye. X3
---
#27 Posted: 01:33:42 29/09/2011
Okay, a little confused on this part. Be more specific but, after reading a few times, I think I got it. So Raven is an empath, right? Just make sure you tell readers it's Raven. A little confusing.
---
#28 Posted: 19:58:50 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, Raven's an empath. its one of her powers. alright, i'll make a note of that. i'll try to make that more clear.

Chapter 12: Beast Boy's Dream

Beast Boy nervously sat on the couch, opposite his friends, Cyborg and Robin. the coffee table was between the two couches, three empty plates sitting there. the changeling shifted uncomfortably as they stared at him.

"so....." Cyborg broke the silence.

"so... what....?" Beast Boy asked.

"the dream. what was it?" Robin asked. Beast Boy sighed with a nervous chuckle.

"well......" he trailed off. ".....it was about........ a girl........." he muttered, lowering is voice at the end. Cyborg snickered.

"someone's got a crush." he teased.

"i do not!" Beast Boy snapped.

"was the girl anyone we know?" Robin asked. Beast Boy looked away, blushing. he scratched the back of his head.

"well, uh........ you see........... she's uh........" he muttered.

"well? do we know her or not?" the boy wonder asked. the changeling blushed a deeper shade of red.

"oh, we know her alright, don't we, BB?" Cy said, smug.

"no!" the shapeshifter snapped. "i mean, what's makes you say that?" he said, trying to sound normal, but still coming off as nervous.

"dude, you ain't actin' all nervous for nothin'" Cyborg replied.

"well, you'd be nervous too if you were suddenly dreaming about a girl you know and kissing her!" he yelled, not thinking first. there was a moment of silence.

"so, this was the awesome dream you had?" Cyborg smirked, using the changeling's words. Beast Boy was suddenly nervous again, blushing wildly.

"um, well, you know it was kinda, uh, expected, but......" he said, nervously. he then sighed, his head sinking slightly. his mouth curved into a wide smile, soft and warm, his tooth showing. his eyes half closed with a glazed over, blissful look. "...although a surprise, it was..... nice..... her soft, thin, pale lips....... smooth, slender, pale fingers gently touching my cheek....... her silky violet hair........ the smell of herbs and musty old books........" he trailed off, sighing happily. "......a true dark beauty......." he said, quietly. Cyborg and Robin sat there, still and quiet. thier eyes were big and wide, thier mouths hanging open. Beast Boy didn't seem to notice, apparently in a trance as he thought of his dream. Cyborg and Robin seemed unable to speak, but thier brains tried to function. pale skin, violet hair, herbs and old books, a dark beauty? only one girl they knew matched that description.

"Raven..." they both managed to mutter quietly.
---
#29 Posted: 23:45:49 29/09/2011
I just realized something.
Isn't Beast Boy like....a kid? A kid kid? And Raven is like a....teenager......
I thought Beast Boy was always like, the hyperactive innocent, happy kid of the group that is naive and does crazy stuff.

Isn't he.......a little too young? smilie
---
#30 Posted: 00:14:15 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
well, they never really specified age, but i think one of the writers mentioned thier ages in an interview. i think he said that Beast Boy is about 15, Raven is 16, Robin is 16, Cyborg is 18, and...... i actually forget Star's age, because they used her age in Tamaranean years, but i'm guessing she's about 17 in human years, maybe?

but i don't think they're too young. i mean, if you've seen the show, each one seems to have been in a relationship at one point or another.
---
#31 Posted: 00:15:32 30/09/2011
Oh.......
---
#32 Posted: 00:23:20 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
yeah, but i think that's about right. besides, like i said, they've all had thier share of romantic intrests.

Chapter 13: Raven's Confession

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos...." Raven was levitating atop her bed with her hood down, sitting in lotus position, her eyes closed as she quietly chanted her mantra. after the strange events of the morning, she needed a meditation session. she didn't know what exactly had happened earlier, but as usual, all her problems and frustrations just seemed to center around one thing, or rather, one person. Beast Boy. just at the mention of his name, her thoughts turn to him. then when he enters the room, her powers cause her to feel what he does. the problem was the emotions themselves. nerves made sense. nerves she could contain, block, and ignore. but what was that other emotion? the faint, yet strong one? it came so sudden, like a shot through the heart. yet there was no pain. it was hard to place, yet it felt nice. it felt warm. although, Raven would never admit that it was a good feeling. but whatever it was, it caused her to break her tea cup, even if it wasn't her own emotion. she still wondered what that was. but the more she thought, the less she could concentrate on meditating.

no, enough of this. focus. breathe. meditate. don't think about it. don't worry about it. they're his feelings, his problems. whatever that feeling was, it was his buisness. its not my place to worry about it. ok, breathe. focus. meditate. she thought.

"Azarath Metrion Zinthos....." she said quietly, banishing her thoughts. she started to repeat her mantra, when there was a knock at the door. she cracked open one eye, hoping it wasn't who she thought it was. there was another knock, a little more urgent now. Raven grumbled slightly, opening both eyes fully. she then levitated over to the floor, landing softly. there was another knock. "alright, alright, enough already." she muttered. she walked over to the door, preparing to snap at a certain green boy. when she opened the door a crack, she was surprised to see her alien friend. "Starfire?" she asked. though her voice was monotone, there was almost a slight hint of dissappointment to her tone.

"greetings, friend Raven, i wished to do the checking up." she said, concern in her voice. her usual warm, friendly smile was hardly visible. she was obviously worried about this morning.

"i'm fine, Starfire." she assured her.

"are you certain? the events of the morning were quite strange." she said. Raven sighed, about to fake a small smile, but decided to take a diffrent approach.

"actually, i'm glad you're here. come in." she said, opening the door fully, and stepping aside. Starfire gave her a small smile and walked in. Raven closed the door behind her. then the two girls sat at the foot of Raven's bed. Raven sighed, staring down at the floor. Starfire looked at her.

"friend, what troubles you?" she asked. Raven's eyes met her gaze. she sighed.

"you mean aside from what happened this morning?" she asked. she then sighed as she faced forward. "i had.... a dream last night...." she said, quietly.

"was it the nightmare?" Star asked.

"for once, i almost wish it was. a nightmare would make more sense." she answered. Starfire was confused. who would prefer a nightmare over a dream? then again, this was Raven, the goth girl. she was used to being dark, and she liked things to make sense.

"what was the dream about?" the Tamaranean asked. Raven sighed, closing her eyes tightly, as if it would be near impossible to say it.

"...a boy....." she said, quietly, almost sounding as if regretting her decision to talk. Starfire immediately brightened at this.

"tell me, who was it?" she asked, glee obvious in her tone. Raven looked at her out of the corner of her eye. the goth girl sighed again. she then looked at her alien friend.

"a particular green boy with fangs and pointed ears....." she admitted, her voice almost a whisper. Starfire openly gasped, eyes wide with shock. then when she relaxed, her green eyes shined, and her lips curled into the biggest grin.

"Beast Boy!" she beamed excitedly.
---
#33 Posted: 00:33:17 30/09/2011
smilie. Though now I am wondering........how long will this 'story' be? Just joking, keep going!

Anyway, since I can't post anymore videos on Gf's topic, I'll post one here. It's just like the Star Wars one, almost exactly actually, but it's the original people. The Moosebutter people that wrote the John Williams Tribute and it has more hilarious turns in my point of view.
---
#34 Posted: 00:39:20 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
actually, i've got like 70 chapters already and its still not done. smilie
oh, cool. X3

Chapter 14: It Was Nothing

"BB! yo, BB! snap out of it, man!" came Cyborg's voice. he and Robin had snapped out of thier shocked state, and were now trying to get Beast Boy out of his goofy, blissful trance. slowly, he returned to normal, and looked at his friends.

"wh--what?" he muttered.

"you were in a trance of some kind." Robin said.

"yeah, must've been thinkin' about your girlfriend." Cyborg smirked, teasing.

"dude, she is so not my girlfriend!" Beast Boy snapped.

"sure sounded like she was in your dream." Cy teased, raising an eyebrow.

"that doesn't mean anything! i don't like her!" he insisted.

"come on, Beast Boy. you dreamed about her, and then went into a trance-like state." Robin said with a smile.

"yeah, and lets not forget yesterday." Cyborg smirked. "you called her an angel, even though you know she isn't one."

"i was just being nice. it doesn't mean anything."

"dude, since when are you that nice to her? you two are normally fighting."

"so? i can't say something nice every once in a while?"

"that was more than just nice. and what happened in the hallway? we saw you leave after her." Robin said.

"nothing happened!"

"which means something did." Cyborg grinned. Beast Boy blushed.

"i told you, nothing happened. we just talked, that's it."

"uh huh. sure." Cy folded his arms, apparently not believing him. Beast Boy stood up.

"whatever. i told you its nothing, and its nothing!" he said. then he walked out of the room.

Meanwhile...

"calm down, Starfire, its not what you think." Raven said, dully. Starfire toned down her excitement, but still wore a big grin.

"does the dream not mean you have affection for friend Beast Boy?" she asked, innocently.

"no!" the goth snapped. Raven then looked away. "i mean, it was just a dream. it means nothing."

"what took place in this dream?" Star asked, hopeful.

"oh, nothing." she muttered. "just a kiss..." she whispered that part, her voice hardly audible, but Starfire heard it. she gasped, grinning more, and now floating off of the bed.

"you shared the kiss?!" she squealed. Raven turned sharply, placing a hand on the alien's mouth.

"quiet!" she snapped in a hushed voice. she then lowered her hand, and looked away. Star stopped floating, grin fading. she was confused. was this not a good thing? "its nothing. the dream didn't mean anything. i probally just had it because of yesterday, what happened, the things he said. it was still on my mind when i went to bed, and that was why i had the dream." she said, trying to think logically about it. Starfire was quiet a moment.

"so you do not have affection for friend Beast Boy?" she asked, a mixture of confusion and disappointment.

"no. i have no feelings for him. he's just a friend." she said. she then looked at the Tamaranean. "you can't tell anyone about this. understand?" she added, voice threatening almost.

"i do not like to keep secrets from friends, but i will if i must. although, i do not see how this is a bad thing."

"just don't tell anyone." Raven said, ignoring any comments on the dream being good or bad. Starfire nodded. then the girls stood up, and headed towards the door. it slid open, and Starfire stepped out into the hallway.

"for now i must tend to Silkie, but perhaps later we could journey to the mall of shopping?" Star asked, hopeful, with a grin.

"uh, sure." Raven replied. Starfire giggled, floating happily. then she flew off towards her room. the empath sighed. "i could use some herbal tea." she muttered to herself. then she stepped out into the hallway, the door sliding shut behind her. she wandered off twards the kitchen, not knowing someone was walking in her direction. her gaze drifted to the floor, her thoughts wandering until she thought of her dream last night. someone else was doing the same, and soon, they bumped into each other. with a grunt, they both stumbled to the floor. they groaned, rubbing thier heads, and then looking up to see who they ran into.

"Raven?" came a familiar voice.

"Beast Boy?" she asked. they stared at each other in silence a moment, niether one moving.
---
#35 Posted: 00:42:52 30/09/2011
smilie well, g2g. read later.
---
#36 Posted: 00:44:23 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
oh, ok. bye.
---
#37 Posted: 01:09:52 30/09/2011
Heh, nice chapter. smilie Bumping, such a nice way to greet. smilie

Isn't Silkie that worm er...catapillar thingy that Starfire decided to keep as a pet after it wrecked the city or something because she gave it some like....mustard or something. Oh! Idea. Do you have a scene of Starfire drinking mustard? smilie
---
Goldenfire Gold Sparx Gems: 2416
#38 Posted: 02:44:32 30/09/2011
Oh that was awesome!! smilie Girl, you got the characters down pat!!! >smilie< Although, Raven and Star kinda both float EVERYWHERE. smilie
#39 Posted: 02:50:03 30/09/2011
Yaaay! I'm not the only one besides the creator posting on this topic anymore. Happy Day! Oh it's CL's birthday as well.
---
#40 Posted: 03:24:23 30/09/2011
Yes, well, good for her. smilie
Yeah, it took me a long time to read this... and since I had a rather accurate idea of what was gonna happen ANYWAY, I skimmed the slow parts. smilie
#41 Posted: 03:30:42 30/09/2011
smilie haha...
---
#42 Posted: 03:49:32 30/09/2011
I know Raven and BB well. smilie
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#43 Posted: 05:27:09 01/10/2011
Nice story Cynder09! Teen Titans is one of my favourite shows.
#44 Posted: 05:28:54 01/10/2011
Yayz! Now theres a three ppl!
---
#45 Posted: 15:38:06 01/10/2011
Hahaha, okay, let's leave the place clean so she can post her story.. smilie
#46 Posted: 18:47:20 01/10/2011
Okay.
*singing*
NOBODY CARES IF YOU UPSET A DROID!
THAT'S BECAUSE DROIDS DON'T TEAR YOUR ARMS OUT OF SOCKETS!!!!
I SUGGEST A NEW STRATEGY! LET TEH WOOKIE WIN
THAT'S BECAUSE NOBODY CARES, IF YOU UPSET A DROID.
---
#47 Posted: 21:32:25 01/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks, guys! smilie i appreciate the comments. i've been writing this for a little while now, and i wanted people to read it. i tried to keep them in character as much as i could.

Chapter 15: Thoughts

Beast Boy closed his eyes, turning away slightly, tensing up as he braced himself for impact. he was still sitting on the ground across from Raven, expecting her to be mad. when no physical punishment came, he opened his eyes, and looked at her. he had to look up, because she was standing now. he then stood up also, his gaze meeting her's. the empath could feel his confusion, as well as some nerves.

"where are you off to in such a hurry?" came her monotone voice. the changeling looked away slightly, scratching the back of his head slightly.

"oh, i just, uh..... going to my room....." he muttered. Raven raised an eyebrow. it wasn't like him to spend a lot of time in his room, and he had no reason to be nervous about telling her that. "where were you going?" he asked her.

"just to get some tea." she answered, plainly. Beast Boy lowered his hand and looked at her.

"uh, sorry for bumping into you." he said.

"don't worry about it. i wasn't paying attention." she told him. he gave her a wierd look.

"since when are you distracted?" he asked. the goth adverted her eyes.

"i just had something on my mind."

"heh, me too." he said, giving a nervous chuckle. "anyway, see ya later." he added, waving slightly as he walked past her.

"yeah. sure." she said, quietly, once he was out of earshot. she then made her way towards the kitchen.

i wonder what she was thinking about. probally wondering what old book she was going to read or something. no, maybe not. Raven's more complex than that. but still, what would she be thinking about? guess it doesn't really matter. not like she would ever tell me anything.

Beast Boy thought as he headed for his room. he soon spotted Starfire, not far from Raven's room, simply walking down the hall.

what's Star doing? and near Raven's room? she's not in there now. she just left. wait, Rae was there, and Star left the main room before i talked to the guys, so maybe the girls were talking? then surely Star would know something, right? maybe she'd tell me. he thought.

"hey, Star!" he called out with a wave. she looked at him and smiled, quickly floating up to him.

"greetings, friend Beast Boy!" she beamed.

"um, Starfire, do you think maybe you could help me with something?" he asked.

"certainly! i will assist you with whatever you need." she smiled, eager to help.

"ok, uh, come to my room then." he said. she nodded and followed him to his room. they walked inside when they got there.

meanwhile, Raven was walking into the main room. she hardly gave Robin and Cyborg a second glance as they sat on the couch, playing a game. she headed to the kitchen to make her usual herbal tea, when she heard snickers behind her. she glanced back, seeing Robin and Cyborg were still focused on thier game. she shrugged slightly, starting to boil the water, and getting out a tea bag. she heard snickering again, and turned sharply, only seeing the back of the guy's heads. her eyes narrowed into a glare. she had no patience for games. she figured if she asked them what was going on, they would only act innocent. no point in shortening her own patience and wasting her time. so, she focused her gaze on Cyborg, and began using her powers to read his mind.

man, i still can't believe it. i mean, i always thought that he liked her, but i never thought he'd dream about kissing her! i know opposites attract and all that, but dang, i still didn't see this coming! sounded pretty vivid, too. and he got that blissful look and everything. well, guess i shoulda known this would happen sooner or later. kinda makes sense when you think about it. they'd make a good couple, if he ever got up the courage to admit feelings for her. the tin man thought.

Raven stopped using her powers, not wanting to intrude too much. besides, she figured he was reffering to Robin and Starfire. they wern't entirely opposites, but they did like each other. she figured Cy was snickering because Robin mentioned a dream he had about the alien, and the half-robot was just teasing him about it. that had to be it. so, without a second thought to it, she went back to preparing her tea.
---
#48 Posted: 05:14:16 02/10/2011
Niiice. smilie
#49 Posted: 22:05:17 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. X3

Chapter 16: Alien Advice

"ok, so, you've been talking to Raven lately, right?" Beast Boy asked. he was sitting on the bottom bunk of his bed. Starfire pulled up his desk chair, and sat across from him.

"indeed i have. i enjoy having the girl talk with friend Raven." the alien smiled.

"well, i ran into her in the hallway, and she said something was on her mind. any idea what it might be?" he asked. Star opened her mouth to answer, and then slowly closed it with a slight frown.

"i am sorry, friend Beast Boy, but i have been asked not to speak of our girl talks." she said.

"that's ok, Star. i should've known she'd ask you to keep quiet." he said, head and ears drooping slightly.

"perhaps i could assist you another way?" she offered, hoping to revive his usual grin.

"probally no--" he started to say, until he thought of something, eyes widening. he then looked at her, almost excited. "Star, didn't you say you were looking for a date for Raven? like, that's why you went out to the club?" he asked. the Tamaranean beamed.

"yes, indeed. i wish for her to experiance the date. then perhaps we could do the double date." she smiled. Beast Boy grinned.

"you think that would be on her mind?"

"perhaps this is true. maybe she wishes to find her type." she said.

"her type? did she say what her type was?"

"she was not clear on that." Starfire said with the slightest frown. "i wish she would have explained further on her type so that i may find her a date of that type."

"her type is probally another goth." Beast Boy grumbled, almost sounding jealous of a non-existant gothic date. Starfire thought back to her conversation with Raven. she never mentioned anything about her type. she explained what a 'type' was, and what 'opposites attract' was, but whenever Star asked about her type, she seemed to avoid the question somehow. or did she? she said that not everyone has a type, and that not everyone likes someone who is like them. but her reaction became a tad diffrent when the topic of Beast Boy and opposites attract came up. maybe that was it. maybe opposites attract would work with them. Beast Boy did say something nice to her after they got back, and Raven had that dream. the alien smiled, now even more determined to continue with her oringinal plan, except now with an intended date.

"perhaps her type is not another goth." Starfire spoke up. Beast Boy gave her a confused look.
"what do you mean, Star?"

"she did explain what the attraction of opposites is. perhaps that would be her type." she said, not entriely sure herself.

"i don't think so, Star. i doubt Raven would date anyone who wasn't as calm, quiet, and as dark as she is." he said, folding his arms, and frowning a bit. he didn't seem to want to believe what he was saying.

"perhaps you could speak to her about her type." Starfire suggested. then before Beast Boy could respond, Star flew out of the room wth a light giggle.
---
PeaceDragon09 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3037
#50 Posted: 01:40:39 03/10/2011
Awesome job C09! Although it took my a day and a half to read this, I finally caught up! smilie
Page 1 of 11 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me