Page 1 of 1
Spyro adult [CLOSED]
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#1 Posted: 19:50:27 05/04/2008 | Topic Creator
at the begining of this game where you meet ingintus when he tells you about the phroheses of the purple dragon you see a pic of a large dragon on top of a piller.....but it looks exactly like spyro would when he grows up!.....did the gaurdians know what spyro would look like?
or is it just coinsiadance?
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#2 Posted: 23:27:53 05/04/2008
I bet it's just a different dragon; but, do you have a picture?
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10775
#3 Posted: 00:33:28 06/04/2008
It's not Spyro, just some random purple dragon.

And Shrazer, u can find the image in the ANB gallery on the site.
#4 Posted: 01:01:50 06/04/2008
Oh! That one; yeah, doesn't look much like Spyro. It's just some dragon.
#5 Posted: 09:38:07 06/04/2008 | Topic Creator
the horns,wings and tail look the same.
#6 Posted: 23:48:07 06/04/2008
Yeah, they do, but those don't vary too much with the dragons we've seen in the LoS series already. At a distance without the little details, we could possibly mistake Ignitus for Terrador!
#7 Posted: 15:47:24 07/04/2008 | Topic Creator
it isn't in the distance

and no you can tell by the wings that it isn't a gaurdian
#8 Posted: 22:27:37 07/04/2008
Well, the picture was based YEARS ago, so we don't know. It could be a relative of Spyro, though. :/
#9 Posted: 19:13:35 08/04/2008 | Topic Creator
hmmm....well we don't know when it was based really
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#10 Posted: 20:24:27 08/04/2008
It was probably just a drawing on a prophecy scroll of another purple dragon (male by the look of it) from the past.
alexis1213 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1595
#11 Posted: 20:39:13 08/04/2008
it was probably the dm bcuz he was also a purple dragon excpet he's dead and about to come back from the dead in the final tlos series
---
Waka Tao master! Okami FAQ
Aywas
Dragonfriend243 Green Sparx Gems: 111
#12 Posted: 22:11:00 08/04/2008
Quote: artiste_violet
It's not Spyro, just some random purple dragon.

And Shrazer, u can find the image in the ANB gallery on the site.

I think it is just a random purple dragon like artiste_violet said. It could be DM though.
---
Welcome to DarkSpyro!smilie PURPLE!
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
#13 Posted: 22:47:46 08/04/2008
Nope, not the DM. Too simple in his spike and wing patterns. We've seen the DM and he is way more complex-looking than that fellow was. I'd say ArtisteV has it right: just a random purple dragon from history.
TrueSpyroFAN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#14 Posted: 16:01:40 09/04/2008
Its the legendary purple dragon!!! like Spyro!
#15 Posted: 19:55:53 09/04/2008
razz we don't no if he is dm or not who nows it could of been spyro dad or some purple dragon from the furture or something like that
---
Aywas
#16 Posted: 12:12:10 10/04/2008
We know it's not the DM because we've seen what the DM looks like in TEN and he doesn't look like that. We also know that this isn't Spyro's dad because the purple dragon is only born once in every ten generations.
TrueSpyroFAN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1285
#17 Posted: 15:30:56 10/04/2008
It could be his mum! It does kinda luk female...It could be....the first picture of the purple dragon!! It could have been kept there at the temple for ages!
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#18 Posted: 17:45:50 10/04/2008
but the first purple dragon is the DM...
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 22:07:38 10/04/2008
It's not the first purple dragon because the first one was the DM and we already know he doesn't look like that. *headdesk* I also don't think he's female. The body is too bulky and his horn and spike pattern fits what we've seen in the males. Females don't appear to have spikes that go beyond their necks.
#20 Posted: 22:18:59 10/04/2008
u don't know that not unless ur righting a book and I don't even see this so call dragon u see were is this so call dm, female male dragon so were is he/she any ways
---
Aywas
#21 Posted: 01:09:20 11/04/2008
For the record, I do write books. But one doesn't have to be an author to be able to pay attention to details (but it helps to be an artist). Folks, I draw these dragons on a regular basis and have been for over a year. The only people who've looked at them more closely and with more eye for detail than I have are probably the people who designed them in the first place. If you think I don't know in great detail what I am talking about, you are sadly mistaken. Here's proof.

This is the picture we're talking about: the purple dragon seen in Ignitus' telling of dragon legends from ANB.

First, let's look at some male dragons.
Ignitus
Terrador
Volteer
Cyril

There are some pretty defining characteristics to a male dragon in LoS. Male dragons have elaborate horn patterns, they are bulky and well-muscled (especially in the chest), their spikes run down the neck and tail, and they have shoulder and hip armor/spikes. We can even see some of these qualities beginning to develop in the young Spyro (thick belly armor, stocky build, spikes going down the neck and tail).

Now, we only have one female dragon as a reference, but the LoS web site's dragon generator backs up what we've seen of Cynder and confirms that she is likely what your average female dragon in this series would look like.
Dark Cynder concept art
Dark Cynder from TEN
Little Cynder

What makes a female dragon different? Looking at Cynder, we can see that females are more streamlined, built for speed in the air. Her tail and neck are much longer and more flexible than the male dragons'. She has more flexible claws (where the males appear to have more paw-like feet) and can even pick things up in them (as seen multiple times in ANsmilie. Unlike the males, she has no shoulder armor. Her neck spikes only go about halfway down her neck. Little Cynder demonstrates many of these qualities (simpler, more streamlined horns; delicate feet; a long tail and better developed wings).

Now we know the differences between male and female dragons. So let's look at our dragon of legend again. He has spikes running down his neck AND tail. His wings are thick and blunt and his body is stout and muscular. His horns are more complex, not streamlined for faster flight, and his neck is thick and short. If he were female, there would be no tail spikes, the wings would be thinner and more aerodynamic, the horns would be less showy and more streamlined, and the neck would be thin and more curved.

So, with all that evidence, is he a girl? No. He is, in fact, a boy dragon.

(And I have only just now noticed something that is likely to make most of this topic moot. That image appears to be one of a statue sitting on the top of the dragon Temple. smilie It's still a boy dragon, though!)

One last bit of conversation to clear up: is this the Dark Master? Again, no. How do I prove it? Why, with these screen shots from TEN (taken from the Chronicler's tale about the first purple dragon).
DM close up
DM's wings
DM in profile
DM flying
DM being evil
DM brooding

Just looking at his profile, we can already see that he is far too complicated in his design to be the dragon in Ignitus' story. The DM has between five and seven horns; our purple dragon only has two. The DM's wings are very complicated and full of sharp pointy bits. The purple dragon has simple, Spyro-like wings. The DM's tail tip is jagged and full of details. The purple dragon has only a simple spade on his tail tip.

For your convenience, another shot of the mysterious purple dragon (which really suggests that he's just a statue, but a different statue from the ones we see inside the temple itself, which are actually statues of the DM...but that's a different discussion entirely).

Have I made my point? I think so. Thank you, good night, you're welcome. *bows*
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#22 Posted: 02:29:23 11/04/2008
cool pictures smilie
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#23 Posted: 02:34:15 11/04/2008
*headdesk* smilie

Got most of the images from here and a thread on SpyroForum.
#24 Posted: 03:46:40 11/04/2008
Quote: Razz
For the record, I do write books. But one doesn't have to be an author to be able to pay attention to details (but it helps to be an artist). Folks, I draw these dragons on a regular basis and have been for over a year. The only people who've looked at them more closely and with more eye for detail than I have are probably the people who designed them in the first place. If you think I don't know in great detail what I am talking about, you are sadly mistaken. Here's proof.

This is the picture we're talking about: the purple dragon seen in Ignitus' telling of dragon legends from ANB.

Ignitus
Terrador
Volteer
Cyril

There are some pretty defining characteristics to a male dragon in LoS. Male dragons have elaborate horn patterns, they are bulky and well-muscled (especially in the chest), their spikes run down the neck and tail, and they have shoulder and hip armor/spikes. We can even see some of these qualities beginning to develop in the young Spyro (thick belly armor, stocky build, spikes going down the neck and tail).

Now, we only have one female dragon as a reference, but the LoS web site's dragon generator backs up what we've seen of Cynder and confirms that she is likely what your average female dragon in this series would look like.
Dark Cynder concept art
Dark Cynder from TEN
Little Cynder

What makes a female dragon different? Looking at Cynder, we can see that females are more streamlined, built for speed in the air. Her tail and neck are much longer and more flexible than the male dragons'. She has more flexible claws (where the males appear to have more paw-like feet) and can even pick things up in them (as seen multiple times in ANsmilie. Unlike the males, she has no shoulder armor. Her neck spikes only go about halfway down her neck. Little Cynder demonstrates many of these qualities (simpler, more streamlined horns; delicate feet; a long tail and better developed wings).

Now we know the differences between male and female dragons. So let's look at our dragon of legend again. He has spikes running down his neck AND tail. His wings are thick and blunt and his body is stout and muscular. His horns are more complex, not streamlined for faster flight, and his neck is thick and short. If he were female, there would be no tail spikes, the wings would be thinner and more aerodynamic, the horns would be less showy and more streamlined, and the neck would be thin and more curved.

(And I have only just now noticed something that is likely to make most of this topic moot. That image appears to be one of a statue sitting on the top of the dragon Temple. smilie It's still a boy dragon, though!)

One last bit of conversation to clear up: is this the Dark Master? Again, no. How do I prove it? Why, with these screen shots from TEN (taken from the Chronicler's tale about the first purple dragon).
DM close up
DM's wings
DM in profile
DM flying
DM being evil
DM brooding

Just looking at his profile, we can already see that he is far too complicated in his design to be the dragon in Ignitus' story. The DM has between five and seven horns; our purple dragon only has two. The DM's wings are very complicated and full of sharp pointy bits. The purple dragon has simple, Spyro-like wings. The DM's tail tip is jagged and full of details. The purple dragon has only a simple spade on his tail tip.

For your convenience, another shot of the mysterious purple dragon (which really suggests that he's just a statue, but a different statue from the ones we see inside the temple itself, which are actually statues of the DM...but that's a different discussion entirely).

Excellent essy. Pointed out many things that no one else is smart enough to relize.

The only thing I'm not sure about is what you said about female dragons, but that's only because we've seen just one.

Also, you gave me some Dark Master pictures, and excellent ones at that. *save save save*
#25 Posted: 03:11:40 12/04/2008
The things I've said about female dragons are, so far, backed up by the web site's dragon generator. The only thing I've seen different on the site's female dragons when compared to little Cynder is that some of them have small horns above/between the eyes instead of markings on their heads. Everything else seems to be the same.
#26 Posted: 04:38:01 12/04/2008
Good point. :/
sparkz Green Sparx Gems: 342
#27 Posted: 15:41:59 12/04/2008
hm... i didn`t get a single word of that...
---
Hunter, Sparx And Spyro Adventures Will End Soon
#28 Posted: 19:18:07 13/04/2008
Dictionary.com is your friend. smilie Alternately, multitasking while reading long fan-rants doesn't help. Also, use the picture links. They help demonstrate my points.
Anonymous Fodder
#29 Posted: 21:00:12 14/04/2008
Quote: Razz

Ignitus
Terrador
Volteer
Cyril

Dark Cynder concept art
Dark Cynder from TEN
Little Cynder

DM close up
DM's wings
DM in profile
DM flying
DM being evil
DM brooding

Teriffic point Razz. It is a random purple dragon. Although if I had to choose which dragon looked most like him I would say Spyro.
#30 Posted: 23:30:43 14/04/2008
Oh, definitely. I think they used Spyro as their base when the artists did that painting for the game.
tye-dye dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1459
#31 Posted: 16:35:10 08/08/2008
Oh, and Razz, your essay was really good. Or maybe I should say 'rant' or 'lecture'. Oh whats the difference? It was very helpful, and I was wondering about who it was myself. I did Know it (obviously) wasn't Spyro, though.
Cynderfyre Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#32 Posted: 19:35:49 08/08/2008
Maybe all boy Purple dragons are like that
---
Sitan ali dinamitan
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me