Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Spyro and Cynder parody(posible continuation)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Spyro and Cynder parody(posible continuation) [CLOSED]
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#1 Posted: 21:48:19 06/09/2011 | Topic Creator
I changed the name cause of the pending TEN parody episodes. Keep up the good work, keep up the school(collage) work too.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:26 20/10/2011 by SpyroD
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#2 Posted: 00:14:27 07/09/2011
Why did you close the original in the first place?

But on-topic, I still stand by thinking they're unfunny.
#3 Posted: 02:06:22 07/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Your just weird anyway. No one really knows weather your just retarded(cause you disagree on everything I do(I tryed to be your friend, but no, you just don't seem to care)) or if you just don't understand comedy.

Sorry to those who saw this, but I had to let it out(freedom of speech, it is here in the U.S. and I take it literally), it itched at me, I couldn't hold it in. But I'm not sorry for semp, he just isn't cool to me.

Topic: I will get the vids on latter and/or you can post them. Ether way the videos will be on.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#4 Posted: 02:16:47 07/09/2011
Quote: SpyroD
Your just weird anyway. No one really knows weather your just retarded(cause you disagree on everything I do(I tryed to be your friend, but no, you just don't seem to care)) or if you just don't understand comedy.

1. Not sharing someone's opinion doesn't mean they're retarded.
2. I understand comedy, but I have far different tastes than you.

Sorry to those who saw this, but I had to let it out(freedom of speech, it is here in the U.S. and I take it literally), it itched at me, I couldn't hold it in. But I'm not sorry for semp, he just isn't cool to me.

Freedom of speech also applies to opinions, bro.

....Aaaand you blocked me, which is useless because I didn't want to PM you or leave you a comment in the first place.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:19:56 07/09/2011 by semp123
SCParody Blue Sparx Gems: 567
#5 Posted: 02:20:58 07/09/2011
Greetings, I am Alexander, the Co-Creator of Spyro-and-Cynder Parody Productions. I respect your opinion to not like our parodies; but I don’t respect you trying to sour the day of our fans that just want to discuss the videos. If you have quarrels with our productions, then you take them up with me directly. Don't turn this thread into an argument please.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:40 07/09/2011 by SCParody
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#6 Posted: 02:24:36 07/09/2011
Quote: SCParody
Greetings, I am Alexander, the Co-Creator of Spyro-and-Cynder Parody Productions. I respect your opinion to not like our parodies; but I don’t respect you trying to sour the day of our fans that just want to discuss the videos. If you have quarrels with our productions, then you take them up with me directly. Don't turn this thread into an argument please.

...prove it
#7 Posted: 02:28:48 07/09/2011
Greetings, I am Alexander, the Co-Creator of Spyro-and-Cynder Parody Productions.

I'm supposed to believe this how...?
#8 Posted: 02:37:06 07/09/2011
Ok, you want me to prove it? I am changing the title on our YouTube page to "We are SCParody on DarkSpyro" (Couldn't fit ".net" in the title) If you can think of any better way to "Test" me to prove I truly am the co-creator, feel free to suggest; then can we get back on topic please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:25 07/09/2011 by SCParody
#9 Posted: 02:43:28 07/09/2011
Also, if you view our Facebook page, there is a post earlier today stating we have joined DarkSpyro.net and our username is SCParody
#10 Posted: 03:26:19 07/09/2011
If you can think of any better way to "Test" me to prove I truly am the co-creator, feel free to suggest; then can we get back on topic please?

I actually believe you.
And I guess we can go back on topic?
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#11 Posted: 05:32:49 07/09/2011
Wow. It was true.
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#12 Posted: 12:12:10 07/09/2011
Also, if you view our Facebook page, there is a post earlier today stating we have joined DarkSpyro.net and our username is SCParody

Check out the closed topic about your parody, it's still in the fanfic thread, not to far down.
#13 Posted: 12:20:39 07/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, it was mine, as is this one. You guys know I got him to come on here, he has already seen the previous topic.

QQ: What was your favorite part/funniest part of the whole parody?
---
#14 Posted: 17:08:05 08/09/2011
I just wanted to say that I have been reading through the first forum created on this topic and I want to thank all of you for your kind words of our little productions x3 Our main goal is to put a smile on your face when you've had a long day! smilie And to know we have succeeded really means so much to me!
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#15 Posted: 20:14:06 08/09/2011
......"Wasn't Malefor the guy I beat in ANB?"

"That was me."

"Oh, yeah.... you were hotter then."
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#16 Posted: 04:15:55 09/09/2011
We've all picked out favourite quotes from the videos. They are hilarious.
#17 Posted: 05:01:29 10/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Answering my question: Favorite quote? The entire thing should be repeated as one big quote. ;)
---
#18 Posted: 07:29:00 11/09/2011 | Topic Creator
I don't think he was taking a side, its the freedom of speech thing. Anyway, I never really liked semp actually. He gets on my nerves. And this topic is in the fandom section, so yeah I figured fans of the parody would be ones to post.

If you have no idea what I mean then I'll put it this way: SCparody just said he doesn't like others to try and make it hard to be a fan(its hard to put into a sentence really). And he wasn't taking sides, sure I'm a fan, but he could disagree at anytime.

Lets not make this a big debate topic: Q:Who would you say you thought was the funniest character?
---
#19 Posted: 15:36:15 11/09/2011
I just wanted to say that I have been reading through the first forum created on this topic and I want to thank all of you for your kind words of our little productions x3 Our main goal is to put a smile on your face when you've had a long day! smilie And to know we have succeeded really means so much to me!

okay okay, i believe you know smilie sorry for not believing before, it's just some people are lame enough to impersinate someone (speaking of which, does anyone know if the ShaloneSK on here is the real deal?)
also, you did more than put a smile on my face, you made me laugh so hard i had an asthma attack smiliesmiliesmilie

also, just out of curiousity, are you guys still doing parodies of the other games? not trying to be pushy, just wondering.
#20 Posted: 16:05:44 13/09/2011
I completely understand. We actually had a guy ion YouTube recently claiming to be a part of our productions smilie’ It's flattering in a way; but we don’t want people mis-communicating anything about us. I’m so glad we made you laugh so much! But smilie I’m so sorry you had an asthma attack! I actually grew up with asthma and I hope you had your albuterol handy. It’s kind of funny, when I had to go through high school gym class, I used to carry around a portable, battery-powered, nebulizer; and whenever I used it, it looked like I was smoking a funky electronic pipe of sorts. xD I recommend Advair if you’re not on it already; it does wonders to prevent attacks, especially if you are into physical activity. Anyway…

In regards to ShaloneSK, I’ll have to ask her about that; is it the same username here on DS?

As far as the new parodies are concerned, we are still making them! smilie We’re just so heavily buried in school this semester. So we can only work on them in little chunks x3 But we are steadily making progress and we hope to have a couple videos done soon. I try not to give specific dates because I never want to let anyone down; but it has been far too long and we are just as eager to see the finished product as all of our friends out there smilie
#21 Posted: 00:27:53 14/09/2011 | Topic Creator
QQ for SCP: are you in collage? You said something about the noisy cafeteria in the pm(from YT)
---
#22 Posted: 22:17:30 14/09/2011
QQ for SCP: are you in collage?

Yep! smilie In fact, every member of SC Productions is in college right now smilie Personally, I am studying digital media! smilie
#23 Posted: 20:47:12 15/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I can tell. I can't even get videos or pictures from the Wii online.

Anywho: Q: Which part of the entire parody would you say was "different"?(I had no specific words to make an actual question)
Mine: Just about any part with Ignitus.
---
#24 Posted: 02:58:20 22/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok, so no one has a part in mind that wasn't really(lets put it this way) wasn't much as a funny thing, more of an ocword situation?

You may ask you own questions too, or just have random quote talk.
---
iSO Emerald Sparx Gems: 3143
#25 Posted: 05:41:06 25/09/2011
I watched your parody episodes SCParody (despite not playing the LOS games at all) a few months ago when I discovered them through a Spyro forum, and quite so - I laughed a lot. Taking on the ride of "It's so bad that it's so funny" indeed! You guys being in college would've explain why you didn't post in new episodes lately. Seeing this topic makes me want to see those videos again (eventually...I gotta do something else first).

Thank you for those who worked on the parodies. I will await for your new videos coming. Right now it's ponies, and real life stuff I have to face, and the occasional Skylanders topic updating in the coming days.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#26 Posted: 00:19:00 27/09/2011
I adore the parodies. I don't think they're the funniest thing in the world, but I still love them.

So Alexander, can I call ya Alex? Because I'm to lazy to type that whole name AND it reminds me of 'Amnesia'. Fricken Alexander trying to trick Daniel....

ANYWAY

How's the production going? And how many hours of work do you put into one video?
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
The Catalyst Green Sparx Gems: 304
#27 Posted: 16:10:40 27/09/2011
I loved the parodies me self.
---
Quote:"Uh, Twilight, you shouldn't hit the books."
#28 Posted: 07:15:38 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
"Ow, ow, OWW! Who put all these pillars here?"
---
#29 Posted: 07:43:21 30/09/2011
"hunter, aren't you going to shoot the arrow?"
"i..i can't! i'm scared stiff!"
#30 Posted: 07:07:06 01/10/2011
Quote: iSO
Thank you for those who worked on the parodies. I will await for your new videos coming. Right now it's ponies, and real life stuff I have to face, and the occasional Skylanders topic updating in the coming days.

You're most certainly welcome! smilie All the videos thus far have been created by just two of us smilie We're working when we can to get more out to you guys, we don't like leaving you hanging smilie
#31 Posted: 07:08:51 01/10/2011
Quote: iSO

You're most certainly welcome! smilie All the videos thus far have been created by just two of us smilie We're working when we can to get more out to you guys, we don't like leaving you hanging smilie

oh! take all the time you need! rushing things sometimes has bad effects on the quality smilie
#32 Posted: 07:27:44 01/10/2011
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
Alexander, can I call ya Alex?...

ANYWAY

How's the production going? And how many hours of work do you put into one video?

Alex is just fine smilie I'm not one to easily get offended smilie

Production is moving along slower than I would like due to 2 reasons: 1. Because of our busy college lives demanding most of our time and 2. Due to an odd technical problem, we actually have to record our voices on a different computer (in a different room) than the one we render it all together on.

It's difficult to say how much time we put into one video, that's a good question. The hardest part of it all is getting started; taking usually about an hour of raw footage and beginning the process of whittling it down into a short parody film. The gathering of footage usually takes a little more than an hour per video, depending on what we need. Then it ranges from as little as 8 hours to as many as 24 (Not all at once) to get the footage into something workable. We can usually record the lines in 2 1-hours sessions; but we usually need to go back and fix a few. After that, it usually takes me about 4 solid hours of work to shore up the lines to the footage and add subtitles. Then about an hour of work to do the credits and then we're ready to roll it out! smilie

The difficulty lies in trying to dedicate that much time to do a video with work and school. And it's always tougher to pick up production "Right where we left off" when we have been away from it for a few weeks. But we are putting our best foot forward to try and get these new videos out asap and we hope you really enjoy them.
#33 Posted: 07:28:36 01/10/2011
Thank you so much! smilie
#34 Posted: 07:32:57 01/10/2011
Quote: lemmingluv
oh! take all the time you need! rushing things sometimes has bad effects on the quality smilie

Aww thank you so much! smilie I appreciate that so much! I really do regret that it has been so long... We have had a number of changes in our lives; but we are working at our best to get them done. But we do want to make sure we make a quality video for everyone out there; no like sloppy work :3
#35 Posted: 07:55:32 01/10/2011 | Topic Creator
well we wouldn't want you to fail(collage) now would we. So yeah, I don't care how long it takes, I just want to laugh my way through another Spyro fan-fix video. So if your too buddy, we understand, just don't overwork yourselves.
---
#36 Posted: 16:48:59 09/10/2011
I don't know how often people check this discussion out; but I thought I might throw this question out there: Does anyone have any behind-the-scenes questions? smilie I think I might post a few random facts now and again just for fun. Anyway, Thank you all for you support and your comments, I'll try to keep everyone well informed on our video progress! smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#37 Posted: 16:52:52 09/10/2011
I don't know how often people check this discussion out; but I thought I might throw this question out there: Does anyone have any behind-the-scenes questions? smilie I think I might post a few random facts now and again just for fun. Anyway, Thank you all for you support and your comments, I'll try to keep everyone well informed on our video progress! smilie

Seeing as you asked:

Was getting voice actors hard?
Or, if you only did it yourself, did you find it hard to come up with a suitable voice for each character?
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#38 Posted: 04:55:09 10/10/2011

how do you guys do the voice for cynder so well? smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#39 Posted: 18:37:12 10/10/2011
Quote: lemmingluv

how do you guys do the voice for cynder so well? smilie

That's an easy voice to do. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#40 Posted: 18:40:09 18/10/2011 | Topic Creator
I have one: was the technicolor part, when they came out of the cave the wrong way, did you make the screen go green or did it do that on its own?
---
#41 Posted: 17:59:32 23/11/2011 | Topic Creator
It has been a loooong time, but i'll quick mesage him on youtube if he isn't on in a few days.
---
#42 Posted: 20:13:11 23/11/2011
TEN? they haven't done ANB yet
#43 Posted: 13:21:35 07/12/2011 | Topic Creator
^Well it was specifically put that TEN was next at the end of the last one. Sorry if it sounds blunt but, you can't put expression in text, I mean besides outing emphasis on it before the sentence. Ok, I PMed Alex, just waiting to see if he has time, they probably don't have to go to v
Collage anymore(just a thought).
---
#44 Posted: 21:48:09 16/12/2011
I have one: was the technicolor part, when they came out of the cave the wrong way, did you make the screen go green or did it do that on its own?

The Technicolor effect was an accident. For the first 4 episodes, we were working with a seemingly faulty version of Pinnacle Studio and it NEVER rendered basic transitions correctly. So that was supposed to be a simple "fade-in" effect; but it gave us a stupid green overlay smilie" Originally, the "Technicolor" line wasn't even referring to that; but it seemed to work with it; so we left it as is! smilie
#45 Posted: 21:52:33 16/12/2011

Yes, I wish to extend my most sincere apologies for my absence smilie This has been the most difficult of college semesters and it has demanded more of my time than I ever thought possible. Even so, it is no excuse for losing contact with so many of our fans. Sadly, but justifiably, many have given up on us; but this semester is history and I am putting forth a lot of effort over the next few days to clean up my computers and clean up my act here online so I can deliver the correspondence and videos that you all rightfully deserve! smilie Thank you for everything and hopefully you'll see some videos soon! smilie
#46 Posted: 22:08:11 16/12/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Seeing as you asked:

Was getting voice actors hard?
Or, if you only did it yourself, did you find it hard to come up with a suitable voice for each character?

Well, we have never really sought out any voice actors. It is just the two of us that voice all of the characters in the parodies. We have had some challenges, given the fact that it is the same two people doing all of the voices, such as:

Sparx and Spyro's voices are nearly identical; this was one of several reasons why we opted to use subtitles; but even we screw it up sometimes. For example: The line "I'm not God" from Episode 5, is said by Sparx; but in my haste to complete the subtitles, I interpreted it to be Spyro. So that is a mistake xD

When making Episode 8, I (The voice of Cynder, Hunter etc.) voiced Malefor's main voice; but when I tried to make the "Nerdy Mark Hamill" version of his voice, it sounded too similar to Cynder so my colleague/sibling (The voice of Spyro, Sparx Meadow etc.) voiced that part instead.

Also, we have a bit of an inconsistency for the voice of Cyril. In Episode 5, he is modeled directly after Mr. T; but we found it difficult to come up with any more lines for him; so we changed him to being British for his brief appearance in Episode 6.

So yeah, it is kind of difficult only having 2 of us; but that is part of the fun of our production, seeing if we can pull it off! smilie
#47 Posted: 16:12:03 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I completely forgot about this topic: I'm very sorry. I don't know how to say this other than: My memory sucks, BIG time.

Ha, I knew it(technicolor) was mistaken. I never actually noticed the relativity to most of the voices. Also I haven't been able to watch them recently, I think I'll go through them once more, since I can't remember it now.

Oh, and: Thanks for the info and update! smilie
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me