darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning > OMG! SPOILER! DON'T READ IF U DO NOT WANT 2 RUIN IT!
Page 1 of 1
OMG! SPOILER! DON'T READ IF U DO NOT WANT 2 RUIN IT! [CLOSED]
the red fox Green Sparx Gems: 493
#1 Posted: 23:39:59 11/10/2006 | Topic Creator
It appears that this game is large enough for Prima Games to notice! I got the guide book on the day it came out (10 of October) and Oh My God! This thing is packed! If I were to rate this game myself, I would have made a 9.5 (.5 since it looks a bit too short)
Everything that you wanted to know before you buy the game is just beyond the spoilers with the most stunning news. If you don't want to ruin it, I suggest that you do not read past the 3 lines of a red fox screaming Omg.

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!

O.K. lets see if my scanners working and, it NOOO, never mind that, I'll have to type it then.

Here are 2 people that apparently are Spyro's pals later in the game. They don't have them at that newest site update Spyrothedragon.com.

Kana and the Atlawa Tribe: You met them in the level Tall Plains. Kana first distrusts Spyro's abilities at first but then later trusts Spyro. The Atlawa Tribe is forced to hide from their angry shrine god who Spyro must defeat to rescue the guardian dragon Cyril.

Mole-Yair and the Manweersmalls: You met them in the level Munitions Forge. Mole-Yair explains to Spyro how Cynder is forcing the Manweersmalls (Man-We're-Small, Get it?) to mine gems and metal for her army. Spyro must help them escape the map before the volcano-Boyzitbig-erupts (Boy-Is-It-Big, Get it?)

The Prima guide stated that they played the whole game through before it was released, meaning they had seen all the cinematic too.
(I'm trying to summarize this)...There wasn't a moment to lose. Hurriedly, Ignitus stormed through the temple's corridors, rushing to collect the dragons' most precious keepsake-a small egg... (Not continuing for fear of copyright) So it goes on that Ignitus flees and sends Spyro’s egg down a river in a basket to were it stops at a swamp and there, a family of dragonflies raises Spyro and so on.

I’m running out of space so I can’t post much more.
At the end of the game when you battle Cynder and she flees with a power, Ignitus tells Spyro that long ago, when he was busy saving Spyro’s egg, the Dark Master needed the help of a dragon who was born in the year of the dragon, so he captured Cynders egg and turned her evil to do his bidding. Then you have to fight her again but too late! She frees the Dark Master from a imprisoning void and when you defeat Cynder once again, she tunes as small as Spyro and is being sucked into the portal of the Dark Master so Spyro has to help her and… I’m ruining it for you am I? I let your questions linger on till you beat the game yourself.
---
***"I Care!"-nobody say****
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10783
#2 Posted: 11:46:02 13/10/2006
Cynder turns into a small, black dragon that looks like Spyro... hmmm... thats sorta...weird...
#3 Posted: 19:40:57 13/10/2006 | Topic Creator
Well remember that Cynder was never evil at birth. When the Dark Master took over the temple he used Cynders egg and twisted her in the bad way. I guessing that when you deafeted her the second time see returnes back to normal but of course, she's very tired and weak after fighting Spyro and cant escape the vacum-like portal to the Dark Master that she opened earlier.
---
#4 Posted: 20:25:31 13/10/2006
ooohh... ok now I understandsmilie
#5 Posted: 20:27:44 13/10/2006
...but who's the dark master anyway??
#6 Posted: 21:11:27 13/10/2006 | Topic Creator
The big bad guy of course. When I looked at the back of the prima book, it ended off that Spyro and Cynder was at the balcony of the temple watching the sky for any signs of approach of the Dark Master. My hopes are that there will be a sequel. So you never know who the guy is but that he is the ruler of the Dark Armies and that Cynder was able to open the portel to the Dark Master and that Spyro could do nothing about it but i'm pretty sure that he is not a dragon.
---
#7 Posted: 21:17:32 13/10/2006
ok thanks a bunch red fox smilie
#8 Posted: 21:34:45 13/10/2006 | Topic Creator
No problem.
I'm playing the game right now. Haha.
No collectables!
---
#9 Posted: 22:23:46 13/10/2006
ur soooo lucky! ur probobly the first person to actually play the game in this site smilie
#10 Posted: 01:14:02 14/10/2006 | Topic Creator
I am? I thought someone else would get it by now. The red vixen was waiting as much as I was but had to go crabing on the 9th, can you believe that!

There are no collectables in the game, red gems give you health and the green gems will replenish your breath while purple will add your fury bar (like Jak 2) and finally blue will power up your spirit power so you can use it to upgrade your fire/bomb, electric/arc, ice/bomb, earth/bomb.
---
Michael Yellow Sparx Gems: 1326
#11 Posted: 10:47:30 14/10/2006
Going on what was said in the Sliced Gaming DS interview, there shall be a sequel red fox.
spyroandsparx Fodder
#12 Posted: 16:56:26 14/10/2006
What no collectables!!!!!
#13 Posted: 19:08:53 14/10/2006 | Topic Creator
Yep, none. I played all the way through and I'm allmost finished with the game and not a single collectable in sight.
Woopee, I knew they had to make a sequel or I would have gone crazy.
---
#14 Posted: 19:27:28 14/10/2006
There appears to be colletables in the DS version. Read the 14th post on the Nintendo Power review newspage to see what I am talking about.
#15 Posted: 20:04:00 14/10/2006 | Topic Creator
I see what you mean, but I don't realy fathom that the DS version would be that great of a playable Spyro game.

Spoiler!
If you upgrade two beath abilities to the max (including the secondary breath(bombs)) then you could get the ultimate fury.
---
#16 Posted: 01:22:49 15/10/2006
I HAVE GOT 2 GET THIS GAME!!! and i have to wait til my B-day which is 5 days before cristmas! that's gonna take a while!smiliesmilie
#17 Posted: 01:30:06 15/10/2006
oh, by the way, how many levels are in the game and what are they called?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#18 Posted: 02:01:24 15/10/2006
Quote: Michael
There appears to be colletables in the DS version. Read the 14th post on the Nintendo Power review newspage to see what I am talking about.

There also appears to be a mention of yellow gems in the DS game:

Quote:
You found a Yellow Gem! These aren't used for anything, but they're fun to collect!

Quite what that really means though I don't know.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#19 Posted: 00:52:10 18/10/2006 | Topic Creator
Well there are no collectables on the PS2 which I conclude neither will the Xbox and Gamecube.

Did you all not read the 9th post that Neal on the Nintendo Power review? Anyway I will say the levels for you if you had not.
Levels:
- The Swamp
- Dante's Freezer
- Tall Plains
- Munitions Forge
- Concurrent Skies
- Convexity
Convexity is not really a level, it's more like a last battle against the boss were there is a platform in the middle of the map and objects circling it which you have to make your way through.
---
Last edited at 00:53:09 18/10/2006 by the red fox
SpyroLover Fodder
#20 Posted: 01:27:13 21/10/2006
Dude u made me want this game so ******* bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I LOve It I want more info!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited at 09:20:30 21/10/2006 by dark52
#21 Posted: 14:00:31 21/10/2006
same here!
#22 Posted: 15:52:09 21/10/2006 | Topic Creator
There is a point when you are fighting Cynder and she goes crazy and Spyro goes crazy and they both get a weird purple breath abititly that when Cynder shoots, it's a huge blackish fireball, but when you shoot, it's a huge purplish fieball that you really kill each other with. When Cynder loses all her health and staggers, the words of Ignitus echoe through Spyro's head. "Now is the time to unleash the true dragon in you." And you fury attack Cynder to death which was just basic kryptonite, it exsuasted Spyro so much and it injured Cynder so much that they lose all their abilities. That may explain why Spyro doesint have all those cool moves in the other games.
---
jamieque Fodder
#23 Posted: 09:34:13 25/10/2006
Actually, this Spyro is the ancestor of the original Spyro. The cool moves this Spyro has is due to the time period and the character himself. The reasons for the original Spyro's power loss every game is due to something that has yet to be reveal. It is linked to this game but not in the way you think.
#24 Posted: 16:32:22 25/10/2006
How, if I may ask Jamieque, did you obtain this infomation?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#25 Posted: 16:37:58 25/10/2006
Most of what jamieque seems to state as fact is just what (I assume) is planned for his fan-movie.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Last edited at 16:38:16 25/10/2006 by dark52
TheInsider Fodder
#26 Posted: 23:48:40 25/10/2006
For the record, The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning is not within the original spyro storyline, he is not a younger spyro. It's a reinvention, the same way Batman Begins started afresh with the Batman franchise, or the way Tim Burton remade Planet of the Apes. Consider ANB to have it's own universe and continuity seperate from the original spyro games.
#27 Posted: 15:48:07 10/12/2006
I wonder then if ANB is Batman:Year One for the Spyro series, will there a Batman:The Long Halloween like game which will bring antagonists and protagonists into the new continuty.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#28 Posted: 18:56:55 10/12/2006
Clearly all these facts prove a sequel will come out, with the Dark Master being the main antagonist.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Brazilian Spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3675
#29 Posted: 11:18:39 13/12/2006
I think too cos ripto is past. a child past. now the game (except sparx) is more mature and, they havent reinvented spyro storyline, they didnt have storyline for him yet, and they made
---
K-Tec, my blog about technology and Royal Bounty, my story about assassins.
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#30 Posted: 20:34:12 05/01/2007
Definitely a sequal. I reckon Cynder is gonna be Spyro's new friend (like Hunter was) in the sequals. DArk Master will definitely be back for more butt-kicking too!
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#31 Posted: 08:46:41 06/01/2007
i think the next game will b set after AHT, were they left it off!then i bet the Dark Master will have been hiding cos they left the portal open in ANB!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Volteer Blue Sparx Gems: 566
#32 Posted: 18:34:39 07/01/2007
i miss the old classical spyro where there ae forks in the road and you dont know wich path to take first. i like ANB but it guides you through the level too much, not enough exploration, and there should be collectible like dragon eggs or something
---
Hey guys sorry i havent been posting....been real busy
#33 Posted: 18:39:08 07/01/2007
i like the new spyro and sparx and well...every thing!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#34 Posted: 18:43:02 07/01/2007
i miss the old ones, i like the new too. but the old is best. ididnt want a change. i was very happy with the colorful worlds. in ANB they use very dull colors
---
#35 Posted: 18:43:48 07/01/2007
i like dull colours!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#36 Posted: 18:44:44 07/01/2007
your weird!!!smilie
---
#37 Posted: 18:45:18 07/01/2007
thanx!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
RedWelshDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#38 Posted: 19:23:26 07/01/2007
I want collectables in the next one!
---
College is a refuge from hasty judgement.

Definition of a college lecturer: someone who talks in other peoples sleep.
#39 Posted: 18:16:26 08/01/2007
collecting gems is lame!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
spyro_987 Blue Sparx Gems: 871
#40 Posted: 23:06:43 18/01/2007
Quote: the red fox
It appears that this game is large enough for Prima Games to notice! I got the guide book on the day it came out (10 of October) and Oh My God! This thing is packed! If I were to rate this game myself, I would have made a 9.5 (.5 since it looks a bit too short)
Everything that you wanted to know before you buy the game is just beyond the spoilers with the most stunning news. If you don't want to ruin it, I suggest that you do not read past the 3 lines of a red fox screaming Omg.

O.K. lets see if my scanners working and, it NOOO, never mind that, I'll have to type it then.

Here are 2 people that apparently are Spyro's pals later in the game. They don't have them at that newest site update Spyrothedragon.com.

Kana and the Atlawa Tribe: You met them in the level Tall Plains. Kana first distrusts Spyro's abilities at first but then later trusts Spyro. The Atlawa Tribe is forced to hide from their angry shrine god who Spyro must defeat to rescue the guardian dragon Cyril.

Mole-Yair and the Manweersmalls: You met them in the level Munitions Forge. Mole-Yair explains to Spyro how Cynder is forcing the Manweersmalls (Man-We're-Small, Get it?) to mine gems and metal for her army. Spyro must help them escape the map before the volcano-Boyzitbig-erupts (Boy-Is-It-Big, Get it?)

The Prima guide stated that they played the whole game through before it was released, meaning they had seen all the cinematic too.
(I'm trying to summarize this)...There wasn't a moment to lose. Hurriedly, Ignitus stormed through the temple's corridors, rushing to collect the dragons' most precious keepsake-a small egg... (Not continuing for fear of copyright) So it goes on that Ignitus flees and sends Spyro’s egg down a river in a basket to were it stops at a swamp and there, a family of dragonflies raises Spyro and so on.

I’m running out of space so I can’t post much more.
At the end of the game when you battle Cynder and she flees with a power, Ignitus tells Spyro that long ago, when he was busy saving Spyro’s egg, the Dark Master needed the help of a dragon who was born in the year of the dragon, so he captured Cynders egg and turned her evil to do his bidding. Then you have to fight her again but too late! She frees the Dark Master from a imprisoning void and when you defeat Cynder once again, she tunes as small as Spyro and is being sucked into the portal of the Dark Master so Spyro has to help her and… I’m ruining it for you am I? I let your questions linger on till you beat the game yourself.

What is omg supposed to mean
---
HOOPLA
#41 Posted: 13:02:47 19/01/2007
oh my god it means! and u didnt av 2 tell us the whole story the red fox.........and i could have told them a bit too!-in deetale!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me