Page 1 of 1
Spyro in HD [CLOSED]
SpyroandCynder Red Sparx Gems: 46
#1 Posted: 14:28:06 02/04/2008 | Topic Creator
I rented the Spyro game on the Wii and clearly I didn't really like it. (Not the same as the PS2 you know?) And I realized aside from the different gameplay the picture looked a lot better. It seemed as though he was in HD. How come he dosen't look that way on the PS2?
---
The best things in life are "PURPLE" Cut and paste this if you love smilie
smilie It is time to unleash the true dragon within you!smilie
EternalSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 17:44:19 02/04/2008
It was because the Wii version had smoother framerates per second, from the Wii console having more memory.
---
As the Night of Eternal Darkness apporaches, Spyro is haunted by .... Maps of the U.S. and Canada, and traffic capability for just $216.76 from Amazon.com
#3 Posted: 20:20:17 02/04/2008 | Topic Creator
Oh thanx. I love the picture on the Wii but I love the gameplay style of the PS2.
---
Dragonfriend243 Green Sparx Gems: 111
#4 Posted: 20:45:08 02/04/2008
I agree it isn't the same on the Wii.
---
Welcome to DarkSpyro!smilie PURPLE!
smilieIt is time to unleash the true dragon within you! smilie POW! katara45 and SpyroGamer2008 i love cynder
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 01:45:00 03/04/2008
Quote: SpyroandCynder
I rented the Spyro game on the Wii and clearly I didn't really like it. (Not the same as the PS2 you know?) And I realized aside from the different gameplay the picture looked a lot better. It seemed as though he was in HD. How come he dosen't look that way on the PS2?

Graphically superior. The Wii, I mean. It should look nice and polished for the PS3 also when TDH comes out.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 23:32:23 03/04/2008

It's because the PS2's disc can't hold as much data as the Wii disc can. Different formatting; that's why the PS3 has much better graphics than the PS2. Aye?

Quote: HIR

Graphically superior. The Wii, I mean. It should look nice and polished for the PS3 also when TDH comes out.

xD Yeah! That's why I'm getting it on PS3; I forgot how crappy PS1 graphics were compared to the PS3's. smilie
#7 Posted: 00:05:24 04/04/2008 | Topic Creator
^I really wouldn't know how the PS3 graphics look like (except in commercials) so I couldn't compare the PS1 to the PS3 if I wanted too. But the PS1 graphics compared to the PS2 graphics are BIG and if I think that that is BIG than I will probley think graphic commparison of the PS1 and PS3 are HUGE!!!!!smilie
---
#8 Posted: 00:35:56 04/04/2008
^I really wouldn't know how the PS3 graphics look like (except in commercials) so I couldn't compare the PS1 to the PS3 if I wanted too. But the PS1 graphics compared to the PS2 graphics are BIG and if I think that that is BIG than I will probley think graphic commparison of the PS1 and PS3 are HUGE!!!!!smilie

PS2 graphics are a big step from PS1, if the makers in charge of the graphics did a good job.

And, yes, PS3 graphics are amazing. It ALL looks 3D. If you've noticed, the walls in the temple in LoS look like they have cracks between the rocks when the camera is right in front of it, but when the camera is kinda against the wall, it looks flat and 2D; there's none of that in PS3 games.

Also, the 3D-ness of the PS3 graphics look more real. xD
#9 Posted: 03:33:14 04/04/2008 | Topic Creator
MORE REAL!!! I thought TEN had realistic graphics but the PS3 dos sound extroirdinary!!!smilie
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#10 Posted: 08:54:59 04/04/2008
It's funny that you guys are preferring the "gameplay style" of the PS2. Do me a favor and the next time you play the Wii version, USE THE CLASSIC CONTROLLER. That's very similar to a PS2 experience, and it's a lot smoother too. smilie
#11 Posted: 14:15:58 04/04/2008 | Topic Creator
You mean use the PS2 controller? I didn't know the Wii could do that.
---
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#12 Posted: 23:36:00 04/04/2008
Not the PS2 controller; let me explain everything.

Look at the back of the Wii version's game box, particularly at the top right. You should see 2 icons - one with a nunchuk and one with another kind of controller. These represent what can be plugged into the Wiimote for your gaming experience. The controller shown there is the Classic Controller, which is mainly used more for downloaded retro games from the Wii Shop Channel. Anyone with half a brain should look into that control scheme if the motion sensing isn't working out.
#13 Posted: 05:01:29 05/04/2008
MORE REAL!!! I thought TEN had realistic graphics but the PS3 dos sound extroirdinary!!!smilie

smilie I decided I didn't think TEN looked real after I looked at the walls.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me