Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Could it be Love? [CLOSED]
Aura Dragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#1 Posted: 16:38:22 05/07/2011 | Topic Creator
My newest fanfic. A love story about how my two pet ducks, Puddleduck and Frank, met and how they became mates forever.

Prologue

I sat there alone on the ground below me, my human had been forced to get rid of me due to the fact she lived in an apartment.

I will never forget the day I hatched in her small home... or my childhood. I miss her so much. The birds in the large shelters around me always tried to cheer me up. It worked for awhile but soon I felt as if I would be alone for the rest of my life.

That is... until that one day...

I was feeling depressed like I always was as I ate the food from my food dish.

I soon heard footsteps and turned around to see a young human girl looking at me with her curious, brown eyes.

I turned to the shelter next to me and spoke to the nearest bird, a beautiful white dove.

"Who's she?" I asked the dove motioning my head to the human girl.

"Dunno" The dove said "She comes here often though; the birds talk about her a lot. They say she cares deeply for our kind."

The dove flew up to the perch above it and began cooing away with its fellow species.

I heard the young girl tell me that she wouldn't hurt me, that she was friendly.

I trusted this human's word and slowly walked towards her in curiosity.

As I neared her the human began to speak again. She said her name was Holly.

"Holly" I repeated, ignoring the language barrier between human and animal.

The young girl, now known as Holly laughed playfully as she heard the quacking sound that humans hear from ducks.

I started to feel happier in Holly's presence, she was nice, much like my old human.

She told me about her home, a large ranch with a big lake in the center. As Holly talked to me I felt my sorrow go away slowly at first then quicker.

What got rid of my sorrow altogether was the fact that Holly was taking me home with her.

After about an hour of talking with Holly two male humans came, one of them I recognized as the owner of the shelter, the other I figured was Holly's father, I was right.

The owner of the shelter let me out of the small area I was in and over to Holly who began petting me, humming a peaceful tune as she did so.

After getting inside the little thing they called a carrier they brought me to their home.

I could see through the little gate in front of me my surroundings. Beautiful flowers, plants, and trees, the songs of several wild birds came from every side, I would love it here.

Hope you enjoyed the Prologue, more will come latersmilie

Here's a list of characters to remember:

Puddleduck/Pudu- A friendly, female Appleyard Duck longing for adventure
Frank- A goofy, cumsy, and friendly male Mallard Duck
Rainbow- A yellow, calm, male Cockiteil who, being Holly's first bird, helps any newcomers.
Cuddles- A tiny Green-cheeked Conure with attitude. Thinks he's a big-shot and is annoyed by Scooter.
Emerald/Emmy- A wize and helpful female Senagal Parrot.
Scooter- A Sun Conure who, in personality, is your typical overly dramatic teenager.
Rascal- A playful and friendly Dusky Conure.
Natasha- A motherly and friendly, female Canadian Goose. She's protective of her 5 children.
Holly- A 15 year old girl who loves birds. Family owns a ranch and many birds.
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

~Watch the Power of Aura~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:16:35 01/10/2011 by Aura Dragon
icedragonmacey2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1432
#2 Posted: 01:17:16 09/07/2011
I like it, please write more soon! smilie
---
http://spyroobsession.weebly.com/index.html
This is my website! Please join! ^
#3 Posted: 18:52:20 11/07/2011 | Topic Creator
@icedragonmacey2: Thanks. glad you enjoyed itsmilie

New chapter.

Chapter 1

I felt the carrier get put down and the gate in front of me was opened.

I looked around, I was in a house, obviously the one that rested on the beautiful ranch.

Holly spoke to me, telling me that she and her family had something to do outside.

Holly left and I began my self-tour around the house.

I saw two large clear doors and looked outside in awe at the world beyond them... my new home.

"Hi there!" A cheerful voice came from behind me. I turned around to see a little bird standing there, his light grey head and green body identified him as a Dusky Conure.

"Uh... hi?" I replied sheepishly "I'm puddleduck but I prefer to be called Pudu."

"Nice to meet you Pudu" the Dusky replied, "I'm Rascal."

"Hey don't steal the spotlight Rasc." a female voice called.

Another bird landed by Rascal. I quickly identified the bird as a Sun Conure from its tell-tale orange-yellow feathers.

"I told you not to call me that Scooter!" Rascal said to to the Sun Conure.

"Those are such hurtful words Rasc." Scooter countered dramaticaly, "I'm so..."

"Alright you two break it up."

A bird with a grey head and a green body with a yellow chest said as she landed between the two bickering conures.

"I'm Emerald the Senegal but I like to be called Emmy." The bird said before a yellow bird with bright orange cheeks and a 'crown' of long feathers on his head, that constantly rose and fell, landed in front of me next.

"I'm Rainbow, I'm a cockatiel if you don't know mate." He said, his voice Australian.

"Um... why is your name 'Rainbow' if you're yellow?" I asked in confusion, tilting my head.

Rainbow shrugged "Meh, dunno mate, Holly was young when she named me."

"Yo don't take all the attention buddy" someone called.

A tiny green bird with a red chest that had two yellow stripes on the sides, a green-blue head, and forest green body, landed in front of the others; a green-cheeked conure.

"Name's Cuddles, I'm the one well known around these parts and someone ya don't wanna pick a fight with."

"Oh p-lease" Scooter said in annoyance "stop acting like a big-shot Cuddles"

"I'll stop when I wanna stop Scooter!" Cuddles replied.

"I should go now right?" I asked Rainbow, Emmy, and Rascal, the only calm ones of the five I just met.

Rascal nodded "Hope to see you soon Pudu" he said before flying off away from the bickering conures nearby.

I turned back to the door and pushed through the opening.

I walked outside and it was here where I met 'him'.

Hope you enjoyed that chaptersmilie
---
Story status- Skylanders: The Forgotten Elements- Chapter 11 is up ~ End of all Hope- Done

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:53:57 17/10/2011 by Aura Dragon
Spyrogirl15 Blue Sparx Gems: 794
#4 Posted: 16:30:36 21/08/2011
This story is just so adorablesmilie

I can't wait for the next chapter
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is hope. ~Ignitus TLoS: Dawn of The Dragon
Skylanders: the next generation- Chapter 12 is up
Tara Ripto Gems: 0
#5 Posted: 19:53:10 21/08/2011
I thought exactly the same as Spyrogirl15 smilie This is a great story.
#6 Posted: 06:14:26 31/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry for lack of updates on this. School has goten in the way, not to mention the death of one of my pets and the stuff going on in my life.
---

#7 Posted: 19:15:00 01/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry for doubble post but I got a new chaptersmilie

Chapter 2

I sighed as I floated in the water of the pond that was in the center of my home.

Mallard Ducks, like myself, lived in this place too, but unlike me, they were wild.

There were four of them, two of each gender, meaning they had already paired off and leaving me with no mate.

The wild mallards didn't want to mate with me since I couldn't fly that well they saw me as a pet and refused.

"Whatcha so down about?" a female voice asked from behind me.

I turned around to see a childhood friend, at least I guess I could call her.

She was larger then me by far, her black neck made her look taller, her body covered with many brown feathers. A white chinstrap was the tell-tale sign of her species, a Canadian Goose.

"Hello Natasha" I greeted the goose, "I'm down because I'm the only duck here with no mate."

"I'm sure you'll find one, everyone can."

"I guess you're right Natasha." I replied, "You always are."

With that we parted ways, me swimming towards the shore of the pond.

----
The world outside was beautiful, I had never seen such a place as I had always been cooped up in the suberbs.

Curiosity sparked as I saw water, what was this big thing in the center? Was it what my old owner called a pond?

Other ducks floated in it, I guess it was safe to go in.

Steping into the water my body floated naturally, the water felt good on my underbelly.

I wanted to go over to the other ducks when something on the shoreline drew my attention.

Swimmng closer I saw that it was a Mallard Duck, another breed of Duck then my own.

----

I felt the water move and looked up to see...

The most BEAUTIFUL duck I'd ever seen

The sun's rays made her tan feathers and black eyes shine.

Two white strpes crossed over her eyes, they were the same color as the chinstrap leading from her chin and all the way to her chest.

She was no ordinary duck.

"Hello there" I swooned as she stopped before me, "Mght I ask what such a beautiful duck like you is floating around lost?"

The duck giggled at my question and comment before speaking, "My name is Puddleduck, I'm new here and tryng to get used to the place."

"I could show you around, I've been here for quite awhile."

"It'd be nice, thank you um..."

I mentally slapped myself, I had forgotten to tell Puddleduck my name, "Frank, my name's Frank." I said to introduce myself commpletely.

"Frank..." Puddleduck said, "it matches you."

"Thanks. Now, let me show you around" I replied.

----
Frank was a very nice duck, he was funny, friendly, and though I couldn't admit it at the time, very good looking. His head seemed to change color depending on what angle the sun shone on it.

As he turned aroun his head changed from a dark green to a deep indigo, bringing amazment to my eyes.

One question haunted my mind as the fluttery feeling of love came to me.

Could Frank and I really be mates? He was, after all, a Mallard Duck, not an Appleyard duck like me.

Hope you enjoyed that chaptersmilie
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:22 28/10/2011 by Aura Dragon
Spyrogirl15 Blue Sparx Gems: 794
#8 Posted: 18:40:43 02/10/2011
Daww~ so cutesmilie

I really am enjoying this storysmilie
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is hope. ~Ignitus TLoS: Dawn of The Dragon
Skylanders: the next generation- Chapter 12 is up
#9 Posted: 00:13:59 05/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry for lack of updates again. I have writers block smilie

Hopefully that'll go away soon
---

Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#10 Posted: 06:00:25 06/01/2012
I like this story. Keep writing. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me