Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Mini-Dragon [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#1 Posted: 05:14:10 28/06/2011 | Topic Creator
This is a brand new idea that I'm pretty sure no one has ever written. It is about a Mini-Dragon, those little creatures in Shadow Legacy that I thought needed more love. But actually, that wasn't how I thought of it. That is just how I thought of the name. This story is Copyright to Fireball. Thank you.

Summary:

When Jayson Smith has the worst day ever possible, this all changes when he meets a strange, tiny, dragon-like creature who calls himself The Mini-Dragon. Apparently, he's the last of his kind and the last trace of the dragon race. That spells trouble for Jayson as he struggles to keep him hidden from a vicious villain from the past who finds out he didn't finish his job. Not to mention the human race. Only destiny can decide what will happen to Jayson and his new friend.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:56:37 01/07/2011 by Fireball
CinderLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3924
#2 Posted: 23:52:27 28/06/2011
The first sentence statement above makes people suspicious. I wouldn't suggest saying that again. Something more simple like "Copyright Fireball" would be better.

Also, please just post the story. We'll see what it's about then. Posting a summary of it isn't really going to attract much attention.
#3 Posted: 01:14:47 29/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, thanks. I'll post the story as soon as I can. I'm still drafting.
---
#4 Posted: 07:00:43 01/07/2011 | Topic Creator
Here's the first chapter.

Chapter 1

"Ladies and gentleman, the real Jayson Gurber Smith!" Lance Cieslak exclaimed into the microphone on the auditorium stage. The crowd roared with laughter at what they had seen on the auditorium's widescreen. Only a few stared at Jay in sympathy, who was now being focused on by a bright spotlight.

Jay's face blushed red with embarrassment as he ran through the crowd, tears streaming down his face. How could that jerk Lance do that to him? My life is ruined now! Jay busted through the doors, the crowd throwing drinks and garbage at him.

No adults were even in the room. United States High School was, and always will be, a horrible school where bullies, preps, and nerds lurked around the place. It was pathetic how Principal Voelz hadn't done anything about it. Heck, half the time he was asleep in his office or listening to sope operas or watching old Opra episodes. No one could blame him that the school was so boring that he had nothing else to do.

Jay charged down the hallway, 'accidentally' dropping his notebook and pencil on the ground. He was just about to storm out of the school when he was stopped.

"Hey, hold up, Jay. I saw what happened in there, and I want to tell you I don't believe a word of that. Lance is just a jerk looking for something to stick his pointy nose into," explained a blond-haired boy, holding up Jay's notebook and pencil. "I think you dropped this."

"Thanks, Justin," said Jay, trying to hold back tears as he stood by his best friend next to the school's front entrance. He took his things from him and put them in his navy blue, Aéropostale bookbag wrapped around his shoulder.

"No problem," said Justin O'Donald. "Hey, to make it up to you, how about we go out to the Cherry On Top for some icecream? I'll buy."

Jay had bit of a half-smile as he wiped away his tears. He was still upset. "Sure, but can we go at five? I have some homework to do first."

"Sure thing, buddy," said Justin as he patted Jay on the back. "Now, I think you should get out of here before people start coming out of that auditorium."

"Okay, I will. Thanks, Justin," Jay said as he started to open the door.

A tall, black-haired teen with dark blue eyes walked out of the auditorium door and into the hallway. "Hey, dork!"

"Leave him alone, Lance!" growled Justin. "Go pick on someone who deserves it. Or are you just mad that no one likes you because of me?"

"Whatever, nerd," spat Lance as he tried to brush Justin aside.

Justin stopped him and pushed him back. "You're not going near him. You've already ruined his life enough. Leave, Jay."

Jay hesitated, but nodded and walked out of the school and out towards the parking lot. He didn't have to be told twice to get as far away from the biggest bully in school. Not only is Lance a bully, but he is popular, which is even worse.

The problem that struck his mind was the fact that it was only 1:35, there was still an hour left of school, which meant his mother wouldn't be here to pick him up until then. He would have to walk home.

Ah, well. That wasn't too bad. It gave him plenty of time to think of an excuse for being home early. Maybe he should just tell her that school got out early. Nah, too simple. Perhaps there was a fire and everyone had to leave school?

Jay chuckled a little, fighting back to the emotionalness of early. If he were to tell her that, she'd probably call the school to see if everything was alright. Then what would he say? I'll come up with something. Thought Jay as he began his journey down the local road.

The road wasn't very busy. It only got busy after school ended and after rush hour. That was three hours away. So he didn't have to worry about being seen by someone.

He would be walking for a while, though. After all, his house was about ten miles away. Good thing it was the middle of Spring, and it wasn't steaming.

On the walk, Jayson still couldn't believe what Lance had done to him back there. It was so horrible. He needed to keep this a secret from his mother, or things would start to get bad.

Just as Jayson thought his day couldn't get any worse, lightning flashed out of nowhere, and it started pouring down on him. What's more, he didn't have an umbrella. This is the worst day of my entire life... Jay sighed and continued walking down the road.

He would get a cold for sure. That was, if the weather didn't take him first.
---
#5 Posted: 22:46:18 15/07/2011 | Topic Creator
And the second...

Chapter 2 Part 1

It was quiet in the Smith Household for a calm day like this. Very quiet. The only sound that could be heard throughout the house was the ever-annoying dripping water from the leak in the ceiling and the soft pitter-patter of Mrs. Smith's feather duster.

Mrs. Mary-Anne Smith was hard at work cleaning the house. She dusted and she painted, she cooked and she cleaned, but something was wrong among the household. Very, very wrong. Even though it was a normal cleaning day for Mrs. Smith, something was missing, but she didn't know what. Had she forgotten something? Perhaps. But what could it be?

Then she heard it. A loud car door slammed outside the house. Mrs. Smith set her feather duster down and marched over to the door. Through her surprise, she saw a raggedy, old woman approaching the front door, carved cane in hand. A cab was sitting out on the cul-de-sac getting ready to take off.

Mrs. Smith opened the front door, immediately realizing that her wicked aunt was supposed to be visiting today. Mrs. Smith rushed over to hug her aunt. "Hey, Aunt P.! I forgot you were coming today! You can come on in, and I'll go get your room ready."

Aunt Pythone, also known as Aunt P. for being such a hard name to pronounce, had red hair just like her, only she looked like a wicked, old hag. Her eyes were, strangely, violet. Her hair was silky and disgusting to look at, and she had wrinkles the size of the Grand Canyon. No one liked Aunt P. because she was extremely rude and didn't care what others thought. She was so rude, she would often throw insults at friends and family, telling them how foolish they were or how weak their arm muscles were.

"Typical for you, Mary-Anne. You always were my most forgetful niece," said Aunt P. in a hoarse voice as she entered the kitchen. "I don't suppose you have any crossword puzzles?"

Maybe I wanted to forget... "Yes, they are right in that cabinet next to you piled in an orderly fashion just for you."

Mary-Anne immediately grabbed the cabinet knob and threw the door open. She looked inside and smiled, showing her rotting teeth, at the white newspapers all piled up to the top of the cabinet. She grabbed one out and grabbed a pen lying next to them. "Very good, Mary-Anne. At least you didn't forget my crossword puzzles this time."

"Thank you, Aunt P. You are my favorite aunt. I'll go fix up your room," Mrs. Smith said sarcastically and walked over to the bedroom next to the dining room.

"Hold on. I need you to take my luggage to my room," said Aunt P. as she sat down at the kitchen table and placed her large, crocodile-skin suitcase on the table. "Take it to my room without delay and don't even dare to look inside."

Mrs. Smith nodded and approached the table. She lifted the heavy cargo up with all of her might and, without delay, walked off toward the room Aunt P. would be occupying. She wondered what could be inside the luggage to make it so heavy. Last time Mrs. Smith had checked, Aunt P. didn't have very much clothing...

Aunt P. returned back to her crossword puzzle, clicked her pen, and began writing down all of the complicated answers. "Hmm, let’s see, a fourteen letter word for search. I got it!"

Then the front door slowly opened and in walked an average-sized blonde teen with blue eyes. The boy crept across the hallway trying to be as quiet as possible as if he didn't want to blow his cover.

"I know you're there, boy," said Aunt P. without even lifting her gaze from the puzzle.

His cover blown, Jay silently growled and rushed over to hug his great aunt. "Aunt P.! I didn't know you were coming today!"

"Get off of me, boy," spat Aunt P., "You're getting your vile hands all over me!"

Jay let go feeling offended, and wiped his hands on his jeans. Leave it to Aunt P. to use such a wide vocabulary...

"It figures you forgot as well. You're a direct descendant Mary-Anne, after all," said Aunt P., who still hadn't turned her gaze from her crossword puzzle.

This really ticked Jay off. He, like his mother, disliked his great aunt, and calling him a direct descendant was not true. In fact, he was a partly from his father's family, too. He absolutely hated it when Aunt P. said something that wasn't at all true. It really made him angry.

"Okay, Aunt P., I got your room tidied up, and-" Mrs. Smith stopped as she saw her son standing in the kitchen, home from school. Thirty minutes early.

"Mom, hey!" said Jay as he wrapped his arms around her. He then backed-off. "I was just-"

"Why are you home early?" asked Mrs. Smith as if she could read his thoughts.

Jay thought about what he was going to say. "Uh, the principal let me leave early for being one of the only who scored a 2200 0r more on the SAT's last week."

Mrs. Smith raised her eyebrows more a moment as if she didn't buy any of this at all. She knew her son was smart, but not that smart. "I'm so proud of you!"

Jay almost gasped as his mother collapsed in his arms, hugging him until he could barely breathe. "Mom, I c-can't breathe!"

Mrs. Smith immediately let go. "For that, I going to cook breakfast for dinner tonight because I know it’s your favorite!"

"Aw, mom thanks!" said Jay as he turned to climb up the steps and escape to his room.

"Well done, boy. You're not as stupid as I thought you were," muttered Aunt P. as she turned to my mother. "Where is this room of mine?"

"Oh, it's right over here!" exclaimed Mrs. Smith as she led her aunt over to the room she would be staying in.
---
#6 Posted: 22:46:56 15/07/2011 | Topic Creator
Continued...

Chapter 2 Part 2

Jay closed his bedroom door and threw himself onto his blue-covered bed and looked around himself. That was some good lie. Not only did it get him out of his troubles, but it also got him breakfast for dinner.

Now back to the subject of Aunt P. He hated his great aunt for always insulting him, and she had hated him. They both disliked each other since the day that they met at a family reunion back in 2002. Why did she have to come today of all days?

Jay turned his head to the computer. He was still upset about all that had happened earlier, but the computer would probably calm him down and make him forget about it.

Jay sat down at the computer and ran his hand over the mouse. He clicked on the internet and immediately set to work typing in the browser. Jayson pressed enter and watched as facebook loaded onto the screen.

Jayson looked up to the top left corner to check for any alerts. Fifty missed alerts. Curious, Jay opened up the tab and immediately regretted it. Out popped fifty comments on his wall. All of them were about today's dilemma. A few caught his eye: "You suck, loser!" and "Hey, dork! How would you like your diary pages, black or white? 'Cause that's what you'll be seeing' when I'm done with you!"

Jay let a tear escape his eye, but quickly wiped it away before anyone came in and saw it. The posters were Brad Klug and Chuck Tator, Lance Cieslak's two buddies. Jay was surprised that Lance himself hadn't posted yet. Hmm...

Then Jay stopped as he read a message by Justin O’Donnell and Miranda Rose. "Don't worry about them, Jay, the vice principle took care of them. They're just stuck up an jealous that you are a way better person than they are! I'll forward to meeting you at the Cherry-On-Top. See you then!" Justin had posted.

Then Jay turned his eyes to the last message at the very bottom. It was by Miranda Rose, the love of his life. It was truly amazing to see her post on his wall, but he and everyone else knew very well that she was Lance's girlfriend, not his.

Jay focused his eyes on Miranda's message. "Hey, I'm sorry about what Lance did to you. It was truly terrible, and I'd like to tell you that I've dealt with him. Don't worry; he won't be messing with you on facebook any time soon. That's why he hasn't posted on your wall. I'll forward to seeing you tomorrow at school. Bye."

Jay thought for a moment. Miranda Rose, the girlfriend of stuck up Lance Cieslak, dealt with him? Maybe she broke up with him... Oh, how he wished that was true. Miranda might be getting a soft spot for him. Perhaps Jay's love interest would finally be interested in him!

Jay smiled and let the thought pass by as he typed into the search bar: Lance Cieslak. He viewed his profile, only to find that he hadn't been on at all. Wow, Miranda must have really smacked some since into him.

Jayson sighed and logged-off of facebook and closed the internet. He ran the mouse down to the Microsoft Word 2011 and clicked on it. With Lance having his hands on his journal, Jay would have to rely on Microsoft for his writings.

Jay indeed had a talent, and that talent was writing stories. However, the stories he had written were just plain stupid and pointless to him, although others were telling him he was a good writer. He had such a talent that he signed up for the United States Writing Club and secretly attended every Tuesday. He had already gone to the club yesterday, so there was about a week left until he went again, but Jay wasn't so sure if he should attend anymore. Everyone knew he went there now and, not only that, the bullies were calling him a nerd.

Jay knew that a nerd was really someone who was smart, but the bullies used it as an insult, and he didn't like it.

Jay had always admired the joy of writing stories, but he never really got the inspiration for a good story. All of his inspiration came from stupid and boring things like food and math. And boy did he hate writing those...

But Jay hoped for the day that he would finally get the inspiration to write a magnificent story. A story that was so good, his readers couldn't take their eyes off of it. He wanted his books to be as popular as Harry Potter and Twilight. He wanted to be famous. That would show Lance. He knew that would never happen, though.

Jay turned his focus to the screen and started typing a boring story about pi. After all, there was nothing else to do...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me