Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > The Guys who made Rayman Origins had the right Idea
Page 1 of 1
The Guys who made Rayman Origins had the right Idea [CLOSED]
Superspyrodude Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#1 Posted: 13:53:56 08/06/2011 | Topic Creator
No, I put this topic here for a reason. smilie

If anyone has played the original Rayman game, then they probably understand that Rayman Origins seems a lot like it:

But if you look closely, you can see they took the original, adopted the same/similar gameplay, and turned a game I really don't like into a game I really wouldn't mind having.

I think the guys who made this game had it right.

They took the old game and made a new one. Even the storyline is different, but it still feels like the same game, not a spinoff. It seems like a much better game too.

Now imagine if the Spyro devs had the same idea.

Stop making annoying spinoffs and make a game closer to the original. Just improve graphics and gameplay.

I think they'd do much better if they followed that idea, don't you?

This actually shows me that some developers actually care what the fanbase wants. And like I said, the result looks cool to me. Maybe they should do the next Spyro game? smilie
---
I'm a music composer!
I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him, I am nothing. ~Sergei Rachmaninoff
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2 Posted: 14:28:51 08/06/2011
They should.
Another great example would be Sonic Generations.
They took the Classic Sonic gameplay, and the Sonic Unleashed daytime gameplay, and spruced both up, and made a new game altogether. It looks new and familiar at the same time.

I think they should do something similar with Classic and LoS Spyro.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#3 Posted: 17:24:20 08/06/2011
Michel Ancel is directing Origins, who happens to be the creator of Rayman, which would explain the similarities between the two.

Rayman: Origins looks awesome by the way.

Skylanders is kinda going back to the roots of the original game but it just doesn't feel like a Spyro game to me. Although I must say, Skylanders doesn't look at all bad.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:29:08 08/06/2011 by InsomDog
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me