Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Predator and the Prey [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9866
#1 Posted: 23:12:32 29/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Introduction:
My name is Abra. I am a twenty-five year old female. I am nearly six feet in height. I am what is known to humans, as a Lycanthrope, a human that can transform myself to resemble an animal or monster. however, a more correct term would be "terianthrope," meaning "animal" and "anthropos." however, since wolves tend to be the most common and well-known of my kind, the term Lycanthrope has gained more popularity and usage. although i am human, i was born as an animal out in the jungle, which is where i currently live. i also own a small cabin just outside of town. my appearance is unlike any other, and is unusual, even among my kind. i am a hybrid creature of a tiger and a wolf. my appearance takes traits from both animals. my head is like that of a tiger, with my front paws being like a tiger as well. my back legs are more like a wolf's, and so is my tail. my fur is black, with all the markings of a tiger in white; stripes, white spots behind my ears, a white underbelly, and the tip of my tail is white. because my front paws are like a tiger's, i have retractable claws, and only have them out when i am ready to attack. my back legs, however, do not have retractable claws since they are like a wolf's legs. because of this, i have the combination of a wolf's speed, and a tiger's strenght. my teeth are my most powerful weapon. they can tear a victim apart or crush a windpipe. i also have a strong punch, and of course i can use my sharp claws to cause even more damage. however, i can also use weapons, both in my human and animal form. my human form is sleekly muscular, taller than average, and very agile. my hair is long and brown, and my eyes are blue in both forms. though i am usually in my animal form, hunting for food out in the jungle. i often wear loose, dark clothing. now, because i am a hybrid breed, i was abandonned as an infant by my parents, who were banished from thier families for having me. neither species wanted anything to do with me, because i was both of canine and feline breeds. both of my parents are currently living further south, and haven't spoken to anyone in over twenty years. they each live alone, and do not make contact with other animals, except for hunting. the wolf pack, from which my father was banned, lives in the mountains to the north. most of the pack was either grey or white, except for my father, whose fur is black as coal, and his eyes were a faded yellow. the tigers, and other wild cats, live to the west. my mother was the only white tiger out of the bunch, and was the only feline with blue eyes. both of my parents had three forms; human, animal, and the hybrid form. each one preferred to be in either animal or hybrid form versus the human form. i, however, only have two, lacking the pure animal form. however, i am able to run on all fours in my hybrid form. though, like them, i prefer not to be in my human form, except to go into town for an errand. though i was abandonned, i did not grow up alone. not long after my parents left me, i was found by a family of monkeys; a mother and her son and daughter. they, like a lot of monkeys, are small, limp, agile, and quick. thier fur is brown and white, and they each have brown eyes. they are a loud, friendly, energetic, and caring bunch. i grew up along side the chimps, and quickly called them family. at first, i was unable to hunt, so i would eat what they ate, which was mostly fruit. they loved thier bananas especially, though the taste didn't quite appeal to me. i quickly learned to scavenge for food, often eating the remains of other animals' meals. sometimes it was nessecery to steal for a decent meal. then, at age twelve, i met a female, leopard, lycanthrope named Ama. unlike most of the other animals i had met before, she didn't turn away. she was actually rather curious by my appearance. i then told her my story. she was rather intrested in my past, and after hearing everything, she agreed to teach me how to hunt, fight, and survive. she even taught me how to make weapons out in the jungle, and she also gave me my very first weapon, a sword that i still cherish to this day. from the moment i met her, i spent everyday training with her, and learning all i could from her. even now, i spend most of my time with her. though i don't quite consider her family. to me, she is a teacher, mentor, someone i look up to and respect, but most importantly, she is my dearest friend. i live in a small cave not far from hers, and it is close to the tree in which my monkey family live in. i don't spend much time in my cabin, but i do keep things there, and i often stay there during the winter. though my most important items are kept in my cave. i know my things are safe there, because there are no animals here that would be intrested in stealing stuff from me. also, i have yet to see a human venture into the jungle, and some rarely even go to the edge of town. however, i usually venture into town at least once a week to buy things that i need, which is mostly food, when food in the jungle is hard to come by. speaking of food, my stomach just growled. time to go hunting again.

Chapter 1:
Night had come, and the moon shone brightly tonight. it was a full moon, which meant cursed lycanthropes would transform, and would hunt victims until sunrise. though i wasn't worried. i walked through the jungle, in search of my own food. i wore a light grey shirt, torn blue jeans, and black shoes that were cut at the ends so that my claws showed. i wore a chain around my waist like a belt. i also wore a black, spiked, collar-like bracelet around my right arm. i carried a long bow, and wore a pack full of arrows on my back. i silently crept up to some bushes, and knealt down behind them. standing in a patch of grass in front of me was a small, white rabbit. i licked my mouth at the sight of it. i then grabbed an arrow, and readided my bow. i aimed it at the rabbit, ready to strike. then, just as i was about to relase the arrow...
"HI!" a voice suddenly yelled from behind me. startled, i realsed the arrow, and missed just by a hair. frightened, the rabbit hopped away. i grunted in frustration before turning around to see who had yelled. "hey, Abra." a little monkey waved at me from the ground.
"Hasin, what are you doing? you know not to bother me while i'm hunting." i reminded him.
"sorry, sis, but Mom wants you." he said, pointing back towards the big tree.
"can it wait? i was just in the middle of--" then my stomach growled, interrupting me.
"Mom says it's important."
"she always says that, and it's never really that important."
"just go talk to her. otherwise, she'll keep bugging me about getting you to go see her."
"oh, all right." i said, getting up. Hasin climbed up on my shoulder, and went along for a ride while i jogged back towards the tree. when i got there, Mom was sitting on a small branch, and looking into a large hole where they stored thier food. i stopped at the base of the big tree, and within moments, Hasin jumped down from my shoulder, and climbed up the tree, stopping on a branch next to another monkey. my mother pulled her head out of the hole, and looked at them.
"Hasin, Gail, could you two give us some privacy please?" she asked in her usual sweet, motherly voice.
"sure, Mom." Gail replied with a cute smile. she then turned to her brother. "let's go, Hasin." she said. they then jumped down from the tree, and rushed off into the jungle to play. i then looked at my mom, knowing it must be important for her to ask my siblings to leave.
"what's going on?" i asked, curiously. my mother climbed down to my eye-level, and had a serious expression on her face.
"i have a message from your father." she said in a calm and quiet voice.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#2 Posted: 16:18:23 01/06/2011
That's really good!
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
#3 Posted: 18:32:18 01/06/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you. X3 i'll post more in a moment.

Chapter 2:
"m--my dad......?" i asked, surprised. i had never heard anything from either of my parents. everything i knew about them i learned from the monkey that i called Mom.
"that's right. last night, while you were resting back at your cave, he came here and woke me up. he told me that he regreted the mistake he made all those years ago. he said that if it was ok with you, he would like to be a part of your life. he also said that if and when you were ready, he would be waiting at the lake every night in case you decided to show up." she explained. i sighed deeply as i took in all of this. "honey, are you ok?"
"yeah, fine......" i muttered, taking a deep breath. my whole life, i had wondered what my parents were doing, if they thought about me, if they regreted thier dicision, if they ever wanted me. now i had my answer. my dad came looking for me. but why did it take so long? why now? why not sooner? and how did he know who i had been staying with for all these years? i then asked my mother these questions.
"i don't really know why it took so long, dear. but he did say that he has been watching you all this time. he told me that he has watched you grow up from the time you were born, and he's very proud of you. he just didn't have the courage to face you. now he does. so, what do you think?"
"i don't know.......i mean, it's a lot to take in.......i just don't understand.......if he has been watching me all this time, why is he just now letting us know he's been there watching.......? and has my mother been doing the same.......? does she know he's been stalking me.....?"
"i honestly don't know. but, dear, i wouldn't call it stalking. think of it as checking up on you."
"call it what you like, but i don't want to talk to him. if it takes him this long to realize he regrets his dicision then i don't want to see him." i said. then i started to walk away. my mom jumped down from the tree, and blocked my path.
"i understand, but at least think about it, ok, dear? he looked pretty upset last night."
"all right, Mom. i'll think about it." i said. then i walked around her.
"oh, one last thing, honey, if you're heading into town, could you pick up some bananas for me? i had some stocked up just yesterday, but that brother of yours must have gobbled them up. honestly, i don't know where he puts it all." she said. i glanced back as i walked.
"ok, Mom." i called back to her.
"thank you!" she hollered to me. then she climbed back up into the tree. i was walking towards my cave, and on the way there, i passed my siblings playing in a nearby tree. as i walked by, they jumped down from the tree, and onto my shoulders.
"where ya headed, sis?" Hasin asked, curiously.
"back to the cave. i'm going to change real quick before heading into town." i answered.
"you're going into town? can you get me some strawberries?" Gail asked, blinkling her eyes at me.
"sure. anything else?" i asked.
"uh, yeah, can you get me a watermelon?" Hasin asked, his eyes widening.
"Hasin, you can't eat a whole watermelon!" Gail said.
"yes, i can!"
"no, you can't!"
"yes, i can!"
"no, you can't!" my childish siblings arugued until i spoke up.
"hey, hey, hey! enough fighting. you'll give me a headache if you keep yelling in my ears." i said.
"sorry......" they both apoligized.
"that's ok. now, i'm going to go get myself some dinner since i was interrupted," i looked at Hasin. "Mom also asked me to get some more bananas, since you guys ate them all. and i'll be sure to get the strawberries, and the watermelon. now, am i forgetting anything?"
"nope!" Hasin answered.
"i can't think of anything." Gail said.
"good." i said. i approached the cave, and walked inside. Hasin and Gail jumped down, and played quietly while i changed. i took off my spiked bracelet, took off my shoes, put up my bow and arrows, and then grabbed a big, black, cloak. i put it around me, and it nearly covered my whole body. i then changed into my human form, put on some black gloves, and put on some black boots. i pulled a black hood over my head, and it nearly covered my face. now my body was all covered in black, perfect for hiding in the darkness of night. "i'll be back soon." i told my siblings as i stepped out of the cave.
"bye!" they waved from the exit. i then walked off towards town to pick up some food.
---
#4 Posted: 01:47:18 02/06/2011
Awesome!!!
---
#5 Posted: 18:40:01 02/06/2011 | Topic Creator
thank you. here's more.

Chapter 3:
i soon arrived into town. it was late at night, and most people had gone to bed now. the streets were quiet, and many stores were already closed. everyone in the small town knew not to be out on a night like tonight. the moon was full, which meant creatures like myself would be running around all over the place in search of food. though i was not hunting. i was meerly shopping. it didn't take me long to reach the place i was headed to. it was the only place in town open on a night like this, which was ironic, considering what was sold here. outside on the window were big, bold letters that read "Meat Market." i opened the door, and the bell up top chimed. i then stepped inside, and was itmediately greeted with a warm smile, and a friendly "hello!" from the town's meat man. he was a big man, taller than most, and wider, too. he had short black hair, rosey cheeks, and always wore a smile on his face. he wore a white shirt, white apron, blue jeans, and brown shoes.
"what can i do for you on this fine evening, Abra?" he asked in his deep, booming voice.
"hey, Butch." i smiled, shyly, raising my gaze to meet his. ironicly, because of his job, everyone in town called the meat man "Butch." he kept telling everyone it wasn't his real name, but people kept calling him that, and it just stuck. now, instead of people calling him "the meat man" or "the butcher" they just call him "Butch" and you automatically know who it is and what he does, without having to say a lot.
"now what is this shy smile? i've known ya for years! now, what'll it be tonight? i got beef, chicken, pork, i even got some shrimp just for you. sounds good, eh?" he chuckled.
"i'd like some beef, please. oh, and i'll need some bananas, strawberries, and a watermelon." i said.
"ah, shopping for the family, eh? run out of supplies already? did Hasin eat all the stock?" he chuckled.
"that's what Mom said." i chuckled. Butch was the only person in town who knew what i really was. i've been going into his shop since i was 13, and one day he started asking stuff about me. after i came to trust him, i told him everything, and he has still kept my secret. he also specifically keeps food for me so i don't have to go all over town to get what i need. he'll order all the food i need, and give it to me, and since he knows i don't make money, he has no problem giving it to me for free. he says he gets enough business to let me have food for free. plus, he says i'm his best customer, i come in the most.
"all right. well, i'll be right back with the food." he said. then he walked into the back room. he soon returned with his arms full of food. he had a pound of beef, a sack of bananas and strawberries, and a big, juicy watermelon. he placed the food onto the counter. "anything else ya need there, Abra?" he asked me. then, before i could answer, i heard the bell chime. then i smelled the intoxicating aroma of honey-rich mead. though it was faint to humans, it was strong to my keen sense of smell. we both looked to see who had walked in, and there, standing at the door was a man. he was large, stout, well-muscled, and hairy. his brown hair was thick, and he wore a beard. he was dressed in simple cloth and leather garments. he appeared to be much older than i was. "hello there!" the meat man greeted him.
"hey." the man said in a deep, low voice. though he was big, his voice was rather quiet. "i'd like some fish please." he said.
"i'll be right back." Butch said, then he hurried to the back. the man walked over to the counter, and glanced at me. he looked away when i looked at him. we continued to glance at each other until the meat man returned. "here's your fish." he said, putting it down on the counter.
"thank you." the man said. he picked up the fish, and then set down some money on the counter.
"thank you very much!" Butch smiled. he then put the money in the cash register. then he turned to me, and so did the man.
"don't you need to pay for the food?" the man asked me.
"oh, uh, right. how much?" i asked Butch. he just laughed, and said,
"oh, don't worry about it!"
"i'll pay if you can't." the man offered.
"oh, no, that's alright." i said.
"i don't mind at all."he continued. he then looked at the meat man. "how much?
"for everything, ten dollars." he said.
"ten dollars it is." the man said, getting out the money.
"thank you." Butch said, a bit surpriesed that he paid for my food. than the man turned to me.
"um, thank you." i said, shyly. he then bowed his head, modestly.
"your very welcome, miss." he smiled, softly. then he quietly walked out of the shop.
"wasn't he a nice guy?" Butch asked me.
"uh, yeah, very nice." i muttered. "um, Butch, did you notice anything odd about him?"
"no, Abra, i didn't. why do you ask?" he said, curiously.
"well, i noticed the distinct smell of honey-rich mead. a scent that is extreamly intoxicating to normal humans."
"i didn't smell anything."
"oh, but i did."
"ah, must have been your keen sense of smell." he smiled.
"yeah. maybe that's all it was..." i thought.
"well, it doesn't really matter, 'cause you've got to get home and give that food to your family. i'm sure they're in the tree right now, swinging about, and waiting for thier big sister to come home with food." he chuckled.
"yeah, you're right. i better go. bye, Butch." i waved goodbye, and exited the shop.
---
#6 Posted: 01:36:35 03/06/2011
Epiccness
---
#7 Posted: 14:43:02 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
thanks. here's the next chapter. this is when it really starts to get intresting...

Chapter 4:
i walked down the road back towards the forrest, carrying a big, brown bag full of food. i wasn't in too big of a hurry, but i knew i needed to get back soon. as i neared the edge of town, i sensed that i was not alone. then my eyes widened as i saw a figure standing a few feet in front of me. the figure walked under a street light, and i had a clear view of what it was; a werewolf. it had brown fur, and it's eyes glowed red in the dark. shredded cloth was on it's body, and the cloth was stained with blood. i could tell by the way it looked at me that it was a cursed lycanthrope. it snarled at me, and then licked it's mouth after sniffing the air. either it thought it could make a meal out of me, or it wanted to steal my food. it then rushed towards me at full speed, and before i could move, it was upon me. it tackled me, and pinned me to the ground. the food which i carried fell from my grasp, and landed a few feet away. i struggled to get the beast off of me as it tried to bite me. though i was stronger than the average human, i was not at my full strenght. without being in animal form, the beast was stronger than i was. however, i still managed to throw it off of me. then as it got up, i changed to my animal form. my black gloves and boots were ripped and torn when i changed. the cloak and my other clothes remained intact.
"you just messed with the wrong girl." i snarled at the beast. it growled back at me. "i know you can't control your actions, and i also know that by day you are innocent, so i can't hurt you. but i won't let you hurt me, and not i'm letting you take my food. if you want a meal, you'll just have to look elsewhere." i told it. though the wolf didn't understand. it charged at me once more, and we began to fight. it contined to try to bite me, and i fought back with my claws. it kept it's distance from my claws, but still didn't give up the fight. as we continued to fight, lights came on all around us. people had heard us, and woke up to see what was going on. i heard screams coming from all around us. then i heard sirens in the distance. the sirens grew louder as we fought, and soon there were cop cars on both sides of the road. we stopped fighting, and turned our attention to the cops who stood behind the car doors, aiming guns at us. then i saw a black van pull up behind the cars, and armored men with better guns jumped out. i then spotted one person with a pecuilar looking gun. the wolf growled, and ran towards the people. "wait! stop!" i yelled. then the man with the odd gun fired at the beast. darts flew through the air, and hit the wolf. it whimpered as it fell to the ground. worried for the poor creature's well-being, i began to run towards it. however, i had made a horrible mistake. for the people thought i was after them, and fired at me as well. i was hit with she same darts, and i fell to my knees. my vision was blurred, and i felt drowsy. then the man hit me with another dart, and i fell to the ground. i then blacked out.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me