Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Vampire Destiny 2: The Return of Shard
Page 1 of 1
Vampire Destiny 2: The Return of Shard [CLOSED]
DarkCynder10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3346
#1 Posted: 23:57:43 03/05/2011 | Topic Creator
A sequel from my last Sonic fan fiction, Vampire Destiny! This was requested by one of my readers on another forum, so here you go!

Chapter 1: The New Beginning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a long journey of struggling and sorrows, Blade, a red vampire-hedgehog, and Amber, another vampire-hedgehog, where both starting their journey home. "Something wrong, Blade?" asked Amber. Blade's mind popped, and looked at Amber. "Uh, yeah," he said. "I'm just really tired from that long journey to Memorial Hill to face Shard. I have to say, it was rough... But I made it through." Amber looked down sadly and said, "Ana... Ana was the one who saved you from death's grasp. If it weren't for her, you would be dead now, and I wouldn't be here with you." Blade's eyes started to water and he said, "You're right. Ana was there to save me from dying." "Well," said Amber. "You technically DID die, but Ana was there to trade lives with you." While Blade and Amber continued to walk, Blade suddenly fell on his knees and put his hand over his scar, which looked more painful after Shard had cut the stitches out. "Rgh!" he grunted as he fell. "Blade!" said Amber as she got down and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry," said Blade. "It's just that I'm really tender now from that battle." "It hurts, doesn't it?" asked Amber with concern. "Well, of course it does!" said Blade, raising his voice a bit. "After going through all the crap and pain just to try and stop my own brother from destroying this planet and having my own scar cut open and having to suffer in pain and misery, of COURSE it's going to hurt!" Amber backed up and said quietly, "I'm sorry..." Blade sighed and said in a soft voice, "No, I'm sorry. I let my anger out at you. You didn't deserve that. I'm just devastated from all the stuff I've been through. C'mon, let's go." Amber stared at Blade as he slowly got up and continued to walk down the trail. He grabbed onto Amber's hand, and together, they continued their journey home.

Blade and Amber finally arrived back to the caves which the vampire-hedgehogs lived in. As soon as they got there, they stopped dead on their tracks, and stood frozen staring at the large cave entrance. Everything was empty and quiet. The field of flowers was destroyed and withered. Blade slowly walked up to the cave, and looked inside. "Hello?" he echoed into the cave. Nobody answered. Amber followed him as he went further into the cave. All the small, wooden houses built in the large cave where broken down and destroyed. Blade stood there frozen and said, "What happened here?" Amber saw the small bench she had always sat on, and it was broken in half. "It looks like this cave was abandoned," said Amber. "I don't see anybody here." Blade was still standing frozen, and got speechless. "Blade?" said Amber as she stared at Blade. "Are you OK...?" Blade said nothing, but stared at the remaining body of a dead citizen of the cave. Amber almost screamed, but put her hands over her mouth. "Shard was here," said Blade soberly. "He came and destroyed the village in this large cave!" He began shaking in anger, took off his glove, and punched the all as hard as he could, and his fist began to bleed. He breathed in a fast rate, and was still shaking in anger. "Blade, wait!" said Amber as she grabbed his hand. "Don't hurt yourself! Have some self-control! Shard is gone now!" "Yes," said Blade. "But he still ruined my life... I think he's the one who should have suffered a horrible death, not me! That's all the deserves!!" Blade started to run into things and tip over boards, pots, and other items laying on the ground.

"Blade!" said Amber. "Don't be so hard on yourself!" Blade continued to rage and throw things against the cave walls. Amber ran from behind him and hugged him tightly. "Please stop!" she cried. "He's gone! It's not worth it!" Blade's eyes grew with anger and he threw Amber to the ground shouting, "Will you just leave me alone?! You annoying little brat!!" Amber was shocked, and then she ran out of the cave crying. Blade huffed and said, "Hmph." Then when he realized what he did. He felt sorry and ran out of the caves. "Amber!" he called. "I'm so sorry! Where are you?" He looked everywhere but couldn't find Amber. He sighed and looked at the ground. "Crap," he said. "Now I lost her." He looked over at a dead tree and saw Amber sitting down crying with her face in her knees. He walked up to her and said, "Hey... Look, I'm sorry. I was just devastated that our home was destroyed and all. You're not a brat. You know I love you." He gently gave Amber a hug, and Amber said quietly, "I'll forgive you." Blade sighed, and held on to Amber. Then he said, "Let's go back inside the cave and see if we can find anything that can be fixed or still be usable, OK? We can still live our lives. Shard is gone, and peace will come back to this world." Amber nodded, and followed Blade into the cave. She knew that even when Blade had seemed upset, he was still the same Blade, and she knew he would always lover her and protect her. None of them knew what would happen with their lives from their, but they moved on to seek their next destiny.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:02:06 04/05/2011 by DarkCynder10
cynder2000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2277
#2 Posted: 23:31:34 04/05/2011
Oh,yayz!Good chapter!smilie
---
(Avatar made by CinderLover!smilie)
"In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."
I'm still here, but I'm mainly invisible...
#3 Posted: 22:25:39 05/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thank you! ^.^

Chapter 2: A Familiar Face
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade and Amber started to work on the damage in the caves. They worked day and night, throwing away useless things, and rebuilding useful, fixable things. While Blade was gathering sturdy boards for making themselves a home, Amber tried fixing her bench. One day, when Amber finally finished her bench, she heard a loud thump. She quickly got up, and ran to where the sound came from. When she got to the area where the sound came from, she saw Blade laying on the ground next to the incomplete house, making sounds as if he where trying to hold in tears. "Blade!" said Amber. "Are you OK??" Blade opened his eyes slightly and said with a smile, "I'm fiiiiine..." "Uh, Blade...?" asked Amber. A sweat drop rolled down her head as Blade got up. Blade said with his eyes rolling around, "Amber?? Since when did you have a twin? And you look fuzzier than usual... AUGH, HEADACHES, MAKE IT STOP, MAKE IT STOP!!" Blade starting to run around in circles crying, while Amber chased him around. "Blade, stop running around!" she said. Blade kept on running around until he tripped over Amber's foot. The two hedgehogs fell down screaming, and when they fell, Blade and Amber had fallen on each other face-to-face. Blade had come back to his mind, and when he saw their position, he jumped up and screamed. "NO!! You did not see that!" Amber stared at Blade and said, "Of course I saw it. I was part of the scene." A sweat drop rolled down Blade's head, and he said "Well I was unconscious! Why'd you kiss me when I was clearly out of my mind and had no common sense?!" Amber said, "No, YOU tripped over my foot, and we ended up like that! I swear!" Blade grumbled, and Amber said, "Unless you WANT to kiss..." Blade suddenly had a wave of stress go through his body and he said, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Amber said, "What? We're already in a relationship, right? And we never really have kissed before, so... Come here..." Amber walked toward Blade, and Blade said while running out of the cave, "GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

Amber chased Blade out of the cave, and tackled him to the ground. While Blade was nearly in tears trying to escape, Amber was trying to hold his head still so she could kiss him. Then they heard a voice saying, "Well, this was unexpected." They froze, and slowly looked over. They saw a light blue cat with long, brown hair standing there and staring at them. "Uh," said Blade. "We where playing football?" "Yeah right," said the cat. "I don't see any pigskin." "Pigskin? Ew!" said Amber. "Pigskin is another word for football," remarked the cat. "Oh," said Amber. "Who are you, anyway?" asked Blade, still trying to squirm out of Amber's grasp. "My name is Monica," said the cat with a bow. "Monica the Cat. I'm here because I'm doing a school project about a report on vampires." Blade and Amber awkwardly looked at each other. They weren't sure if they should tell Monica that they where vampires or not. Blade felt a little guilty, but wanted to bite her neck and drink blood. He held himself in place using all the self-control he had. "Something wrong?" Monica asked Blade. "You look like you need to use the bathroom or something." "Uh, no!" said Blade. "I'm just... Just..." Monica waited for him to finish his sentence. "Wait..." said Monica. "I think I know you." "Who, me?" asked Blade. "Yes," said Monica. "You where the one who saved me and my friends, Dazzle and Floral." "Who and who?" asked Blade. "I'm sorry, but I have no clue who or what you're talking about." "Well," said Monica beginning her story.

"We where out of snacks in our little clubhouse of ours," said Monica, "And we wanted to get more. It was dark outside, but I wanted to see if I could see any vampires lurking around and have full proof that they do exist. But when we got into town, these goons came put of nowhere and tried to kidnap us. We where so terrified. We thought we where done for. But then you came and ordered them to let us go, and they did. I stopped running after going down a few blocks to see if you where OK with those three lunatics. But when I turned around, I saw two of them holding you in place while the other one was violently punching your stomach. I found it so horrible to watch, I continued to run. I was worried about you... That WAS you, wasn't it?" Blade was looking down at the ground and he said, "Yes... That was me. That was me who saved you and your friends. But how did you recognize me? That was late at night, and the clouds where even blocking up the moonlight!" Monica sighed and said, "Because I remembered that you had a large scar and a very pale face." Blade and Amber looked at each other, and both sighed together. "Yeah, well look at it now," said Blade, getting up. Monica looked away once she saw how bad Blade's scar had looked at this point. "You might want to do something about that," said Monica. "Is it infected or something?" "No," said Blade soberly. "It was my own brother who did this to me. You see, Monica, I had a brother who was much older than me, and he was angry with this world, so he tried to destroy it using his dark powers. I barley made it, but he's long gone now. You should be glad I was there to help you and your friends from those guys, and that I was able to save this entire world." "He's been through so much," said Amber. "That sometimes gets him down." "Oh, I'm sorry," said Monica. "I didn't know you had to do that, too!" "Don't apologize," said Blade. "It's over now. Shard is gone."

"'Shard?'" said Monica. "I've heard that name before... Where have I...?" Monica's eyes suddenly widen, and she stopped breathing. "Monica? Monica?!" said Blade, shaking her. Monica said nothing, ans just stared at nothing in particular. She stayed perfectly still, and fell on her knees. "Monica...?" said Amber quietly as she got close to Blade. One tear ran down Monica's cheek as she sat there motionless. "Monica!" said Blade. "Get a hold of yourself! Do something!" Monica still said nothing, and started to tremble. She started to breath again. "Are you OK, Monica?" asked Amber. Monica's mouth opened a bit. She got slight flashbacks, and when they popped, she twitched. "This is bad," said Blade. He waved his hand in front of Monica's face, and Amber ran to get cold water. When she splashed it on Monica, Monica quickly stood up and screamed for about two seconds. "What was that all about?" asked Blade, as the breeze came in. "Oh," said Monica. "I... Uh... I gotta go!" Monica turned around and ran down the trail to the town. "How strange," said Blade. Amber nodded in agreement. "Do you suppose she has any effect on Shard?" asked Amber. "Maybe," said Blade. "I've never seen anybody respond to his name like that before." As they watched Monica run down the trail, they shrugged, and continued with their work.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
sparxlover8 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#4 Posted: 01:32:02 06/05/2011
OK, I would read it like right now but my eye's hurt and i can't see the letter's well enough. But ah I'll stop being a baby and shut up!
---
HAHAHAAAAMAWAAHAHHA!! I SHALL LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER!!!!
I SHALL BE......PINKIE PIE!!!
#5 Posted: 01:42:07 06/05/2011
It's a really good chapter but you should make Blade and Amberkiss 'cause I mean Tails and Ninex have already kissed in my story and their ten. But you do whatever you want to with it cause it's alread plenty good!
---
#6 Posted: 17:39:58 06/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. And does EVERY story have to have kissing scenes?

Chapter 3: Weekend
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After meeting up with Blade and Amber, Monica ran down the trail to her little town, and into her house. She was quiet the rest of the day, and went to bed early. The next morning, the phone rang. "Hello?" asked Monica as she picked up the phone. "Hey, Monica," said the voice. "It's me, Dazzle." "Oh," said Monica. "Hi, Dazzle." "So, how about we spend the weekend in our cozy clubhouse?" asked Dazzle. "We haven't been their since school started again, and that was months ago." "OK, sure," said Monica. "Let me go ask dad if that's OK. Did you tell Floral yet?" "Nope," said Dazzle. "I thought I'd let you tell her since you own the clubhouse." "OK," said Monica. "I'll see you then, Dazzle. See ya!" "Bye," said Dazzle as she hung up the phone.

After calling Floral, Monica, Dazzle, and Floral all went to their clubhouse. "It's good to see you again, girls!" said Floral. "I haven't seen you since the school year started." "Yeah!" said Dazzle. "This weekend should be pretty good." Monica unlocked the door and let her friends in first. Floral immediately went to the kitchen and started baking cookies. "It's good to bake things for the club again!" she exclaimed as she happily made the cookie dough. "You've always been a good cook," said Dazzle. "I think you should bake a pie some day or something." "That would be great!" said Floral. "Monica, what do you think?" "Huh?" said Monica. "We where just discussing about food," said Dazzle. "We think Floral should bake a pie this weekend. What do you think?" "Oh," said Monica. "I guess." "Why are you so quiet today?" asked Dazzle. "It's the weekend! Cheer up!" Monica looked out the window and saw that it was snowing. She said nothing and just stared out the window. "Or just say nothing," said Dazzle. "Whatever." Monica stared at the ground and sighed. "Something wrong, Monica?" asked Floral as she came in the room stirring cookie dough in a large, green bowl. Monica was still silent. "She just doesn't wanna talk today," said Dazzle. "Monica, seriously, what happened? Did somebody in your family die, or what?" Monica's eyes widen as if Dazzle's guess was right. "Well?" said Dazzle. "Giver her some time, Dazzle," said Floral. "Maybe somebody DID die." Monica sighed again and said, "I think I met a vampire last night."

Dazzle rolled her eyes and said, "Oh right," said Dazzle. "You and your imaginary friends." "It's true!" said Monica. "Remember when those city creeps tried to kidnap us? And that hedgehog who came by and saved us? I met him today, and he had a very pale face and large fangs. Plus, it was nighttime, and from I've heard, vampires experience a very painful burn when they're out in the sunlight, and they usually die. There was another hedgehog with him who was the same color as him and also had a pale face and fangs. And they where by a cave, and by the research we all did, it said that some of them live in caves for protection from the sunlight. And the male hedgehog looked like he was craving for blood or something, but he was gentle and didn't do anything to me." Dazzle smacked her palm against her forehead and said "Do you really expect us to believe THAT??" Monica got a little angry. "Honestly," said Dazzle. "All you care about is your giant mosquito buddies." "I do not!" said Monica. "And they're not mosquitoes! I'll have you know that I care greatly for vampires. They have just the right to live as we do." "I believe you," said Floral. Monica and Dazzle stared at Floral, who was now using cookie cutters on the cookie dough. "OK," said Dazzle. "That does it. I'm outta here." Dazzle walked out the door without looking at Monica.

"Why is she like this?" asked Monica. "All she cares about is herself. I just happen to believe that vampires DO exist! And I want to meet those hedgehogs again someday and asked them several questions about themselves." Floral put her cookies in the oven and said, "I believe they exist, too." "Thank you," said Monica. "For what?" asked Floral. "For caring," said Monica. "Unlike Dazzle, you respect my opinion." "Well yeah!" said Floral. "If somebody doesn't believe you, they shouldn't be rude about it. I still believe you, but if I didn't believe you, I wouldn't leave like Dazzle did. She needs to learn to respect others' opinion." "You're right," said Monica. "We should try and help her understand that. If she wants to move on in life, she needs to learn to respect everybody, even if they have a different way of thinking than she does." "Why where you so sad earlier anyway?" asked Floral. Monica looked down and said, "I... I'll tell you later." "OK," said Floral. Just then, the oven dinged, and Floral went into the kitchen. "Cookies are ready!" she said. Monica quietly took one and whispered, "Thanks." Floral stared at Monica, and they both had a quiet weekend together, since Dazzle had left. Floral was curious why Monica was so sad, but she went on with the weekend with her.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#7 Posted: 14:18:28 08/05/2011
Oh,I luved it!No,not every story needs to have kissing.But sometimes,I think that there always is.I read Maximum Ride,and some things that make it good is the kissing,I must admit.smilie But,you can do what you want.It's your story,your choice.
---
#8 Posted: 06:14:19 13/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. :3

Chapter 4: Blade's Small Game
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While things where going well around the area with Blade and Amber building a place to live, and Monica and Floral doing their thing, the shadows of the land began to creep around Memorial Hill, which was where Blade had previously had his last battle with Shard. They surrounded the mountain, and clouds blocked the sunlight. As the wind began to blow harder, the top of the mountain began to shake. Eventually, a fist broke through the ground, and a dark figure climbed up. It was Shard, who was Blade's brother who turned over to evil. He opened his eyes, and they where overflowing with anger. "No," he said. "Blade got away... Again?! And he thought he had defeated me?!" Shard tried to stand up straight, but fell over in pain. "He won't get away with this," he said somberly. "I will find him again, and now that his little ghost friend, Ana, won't be here to save him, his time on this planet will surly be over.

Shard looked up and saw his falcon soaring in the sky. He whistled loudly, and the falcon came down and landed by him. It did some sort of movement for communication. "Yes," said Shard, stroking the feathers of the falcon. "I'm still alive. But it will take some time for me to recover after the sun had burned me severally. But I'll survive." The falcon did another movement, and Shard said, "I'm aware of Blade's presence. But this time he won't get so lucky. I'll make sure every bone in his body shatters and much suffering will be with him on death's door!" Snow began to fall from the sky, and Shard said, "I suppose you're wondering why it always snows in various places like this. You see, this special snow is used to warn victims that I'll be in that area where the snow falls. They are completely unaware of my existence, though. And I had this snow fall several times in the nearest town from this mountain, and I want you to search around that area and see if you spot Blade. If you do, attack him, and report to me where he is. But if you happen to just see his little girlfriend, Amber, running around by herself, attack her as well. She's an important link in finding Blade, because if she screams from feeling threatened, Blade will for sure come running by to help her, and then you attack Blade." The falcon spread out it's wings, and flew away. Shard watched it as it flew away, and he grinned. "Until we meet again, little brother of mine," said Shard eerily. He limped to his cave on the side of Memorial Hill, and rested until the falcon gave it's report.

Meanwhile, Blade and Amber had just got done repairing a house for them to stay. "Ahh!" sighed Amber as she plopped on a large, fluffy bed. "It's so nice, Blade!" "I'm glad you like it," said Blade. "It was a lot of work, but we made it through." Right after Blade said that, Amber's stomach made a growling sound. "Hm," said Amber. "I'm hungry." "Me too," said Blade. "Hey, why don't we go find some blood from a victim?" Amber blinked and said, "You know, I sometimes feel bad for being a vampire, because I think having a pair of fangs sinking into your neck for blood would hurt." "We'll make it quick," said Blade. "But come on, you need some food." Amber nodded, and followed Blade.

When they reached over to the small town, they saw a reddish fox walking down the sidewalk. "OK," whispered Blade, with a grin. "Here's how the spunky vampires play." "Blade?" asked Amber. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" "Shh!" hushed Blade as he sneaked behind a dumpster by a building. The fox stopped walking and looked around. "Huh," he said, shrugging. He continued to walk. Then Blade followed him in the darkness of the night, and hid behind various objects. The fox began to sweat, and he said to himself, "I feel like somebody is following me... But who? All I want to do is get home after a long day from work!" Blade ran behind a large mailbox, and the fox began to run. Then he got cornered into an alley. "Oh no!" he said with a large sweat drop rolling down his head. When he looked behind him, he saw Blade slowly walking toward him. "Wh-who are you??" he asked. Blade's fangs glistered in the moonlight, and he said, "I'm a night patrol, and I'm afraid you have committed a crime." The fox began to panic, and he said, "Wh-wh-what did I do??" Blade picked up a handkerchief, and said "I believe you stole this from the general store. I saw you snatch it from one of the shelves." The fox panicked again and said, "N-n-n-no! I purchased that! I swear!" "Uh huh," said Blade. "Then why don't you have a shopping bag?" The fox fell on his knees, grabbed unto Blade's ankle, and cried, "I'm sorry!! I'm sorry I didn't pay for it!! Please spare me! I have a wife and kids!" The fox began to cry ridiculously, and Blade asked, "You really stole this?" "Huh?" asked the fox. "What do you mean? You're the night patrol!" "Actually, I'm just a poser," said Blade. The fox quickly stood up and said "Don't do that!! Man, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Blade grinned and said, "Oh did I know? Well in that case, let's see if you really DO think I'm so innocent then." "Huh?" asked the fox. "Hey man... Are you OK? You look like you're craving one of my organs or something... Hey, quit grinning like that! Blink! What are you doing...? Stop walking so close to me! MOMMY!!" Blade said dramatically, "If you wished to be spared, than you must say the following saying three times: "Six sick sheep slept in six slick sheets!" The fox waved his arms around and he said very quickly, "Six sick sheep slept in six slick sheets! Six sick sheep slept in six slick sheets! Sick six sle-sheep slapped, er, slept in si-"
"Wrong!" said Blade. "You messed up on the last time!" The fox fell in a begging position and said, "Oh please spare me, sir! I just wanna go home!!" "Get up!" demanded Blade. The fox jumped up almost immediately after Blade said that, and then Blade said, "SURPRISE!!" and dug his fangs into the fox's neck, while sucking in his blood. "What the...? VAMPIRES!!" cried the fox. Then Amber, with her eyes glowing, came into the alley, and had her share of blood. When they where done, the fox ran away with his arms flailing around and crying out random words like, "VAMPIRE HEDGEHOGS!! MAXIMUM DANGER!! MOMMY!! MY NECK HURTS!! I HAVE A BOO-BOO!!" After the fox was out of sight, Blade and Amber looked at each other, and started to laugh. "Wow!" laughed Amber.

"That was actually pretty funny! You sure scared him!" "Yeah!" said Blade. "You know, you sure make my life a lot happier. You're always there for me, and you always encourage me to move on even in the darkest times. And not only that, but we have fun together!" Amber laughed and said, "Yeah. And if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have any friends at all." Blade hugged Amber and said, "Well, was that filling enough?" "Yep," said Amber. "Well," said Blade. "We better get home now. We don't want the whole town looking at us screaming "mommy" like the other guy did." Amber laughed, and said, "Yes. Plus, I want to take a nap in that fluffy bed. It's so comfy!" Amber grabbed Blade's hand, and together, the two of them ran back to their cave, and they knew that as long as they had each other, things where going to be just fine.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#9 Posted: 20:19:05 13/05/2011
sweet! I love it! smilie
---
#10 Posted: 21:38:18 13/05/2011
Yay!Good storyy!smilie
---
#11 Posted: 09:05:24 14/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. ^.^

Chapter 5: Blade's Breakdown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Blade and Amber sucked the blood out of the fox, they ran down the trail, and bumped into somebody. It was Monica. "Monica?" said Blade. "What are you doing out here so late?" "What about you?" asked Monica. Blade twiddled his thumbs and said, "Well, uh... We where taking a nice stroll in the lovely moonlight." "It's so romantic, isn't it, Blade?" asked Amber. "Uhh, sure," said Blade. "Uh huh," said Monica. "Yeah. So why is your skin so pale, especially your face? Do you avoid the sun?" "Uh, maybe, kind of?" said Blade. "It just hurts my eyes is all!" "Sure," said Monica. "And why do you have such sharp teeth?" "We need a dentist!" said Amber. "Ye-yeah!" said Blade. "Sure you do," said Monica, crossing her arms. "And why where you biting that fox's neck?" Blade and Amber felt a sweat drop roll down their heads, and Blade said, "OK! OK! You caught us! Oh, we're so busted... Yes, we are in fact vampires!" Monica's eyes widened up and she said, "Really? You are?? YES!! Now Dazzle owes me twenty bucks!" "Huh?" asked Amber. "Oh," said Monica. "I bet my friend, Dazzle, for twenty bucks that I'll have full proof that vampires exist. But... I can't believe this is actually true! I'm standing right here in front of two vampires!" "What's so special about that?" asked Blade. "It's not like we're some kind of and queen or anything." "No," said Monica. "But you see, vampires seem very special to me, and I care for them dearly." "That's pretty odd," said Blade. "Most people see us as blood-sucking pests. But at least we're not hated by everybody." Just then, Blade's eyes widen and he froze. "So," said Amber. "You say you're doing a project on vampires, Monica?" "Yes," said Monica. "You won't mind if I ask you a few questions about your life, will you?" "Not at all!" said Amber. "What do you think, Blade? ...Blade? Are you OK? Blade...?" Blade remained still and speechless. "'Hate'," he thought. "Why does that word haunt me? There's something about that word..."

Just then, Blade had sudden flashbacks of when his father was in his abusive states. Blade twitched every time he had one of those thoughts, and they just got worse and worse. "That's all my life has ever been!" he thought. "Nothing but hate!" Then he got a flashback of when Shard attacked him. Then he started to hyperventilate, and wrapped his arms around himself. The thought of the knife Shard had, stabbing it into Blade, made him frightened. "Blade?" asked Amber. "Why are you breathing so fast?" Then Blade suddenly screamed, and had a nervous breakdown. "Blade!" cried Amber as she tried to calm hi down. "Get a hold of yourself! What's wrong?!" "I'll see if I have stress reliever!" said Monica, reaching in her purse. "SAVE ME!!" shouted Blade amongst his tears. "Huh?" asked Amber. "SAVE ME FROM THE GRASP OF DEATH!! SAVE ME FROM THE KNIFE!! I DON'T WANT THIS!!" Blade wailed, and continued to hyperventilate. "Oh no!" said Amber. "I think he's starting to remember the battle he had with Shard!" "'Shard'?" asked Monica, putting her hand over her heart. "Yes," said Amber. "Blade's evil brother who-" Amber's words where blurred out to Blade, as he had more and more thoughts from the battle. He finally calmed down, and fainted. "Blade?" said Amber. "Is he sleeping?" asked Monica. "I think he fainted," said Amber. "As much as I would love to help," said Monica. "I must go home... I'll see you later, Amber. I hope things go OK for you and Blade, OK?" "OK, Monica," said Amber. "I'll see what I can do to help him." Monica ran off, and Amber stayed with Blade. She laid down next to him, and slept with him.

Later, Blade opened his eyes, and felt wheezy. "Huh?" he mumbled. "What happened?" He looked at his side, and saw Amber sleeping right by him. Blade smiled, and kissed Amber's cheek. Then Amber opened one eye. "Hey," said Blade softly. Amber smiled, and waved feebly. "Do you know what happened?" asked Blade. Amber rubbed her eyes, and yawned. "You look tired," said Blade. "You can tell me later." "Oh, no," said Amber. "I'll tell you now. Well, see, we where talking to Monica. You know, that blue cat with the brown hair? Well, I'm not sure where this came from, but you had this breakdown out of nowhere, and you where screaming out stuff like 'Save me from death, save me from death!' Did you see something you thought was scary, or what?" Blade had a very serious look on his face, and he said, "I think I know exactly why." "Why?" asked Amber. Blade said, "I think that... That... RGH!! I can't say it! I'll tell you later, OK?" "OK," said Amber. "But the sun is starting to rise. We better hurry back to the cave just in case the sun protection Ana gave us stopped working." "You're right," said Blade. "We need to hurry and get out of here. It's not safe for us. Come on!" Blade got up, grabbed Amber's hand, and ran down the trail toward the large cave. When they finally reached the cave, they both went inside the small house they fixed, and fell asleep while the sun was up for the day.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#12 Posted: 05:23:04 15/05/2011
Sweet chapter!
---
#13 Posted: 08:01:38 15/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks.

Chapter 6: The Dream
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Blade had fallen asleep, he had an unusual dream. In the dream, he was in a lonely world of darkness. He looked around for any signs of life. "Hello?" he called. "Is anybody there?" "Come into the light, Blade," said a voice that made Blade jump. "Who are you?" called Blade. "Show your face!" "Step into the light first," said the voice. Confused and worried, Blade stepped into a beam of light. "Do you not recognize my voice?" asked the voice. "It seems familiar," said Blade. "But... Where have I heard this voice?" Just then, a hedgehog, who looked very much like Blade, came into the light. "It is I, Blade," said the hedgehog. "...Father?" asked Blade. "Yes, Blade," said Blade's father. "Do not fear. This is only a dream. But I'm here to tell you some troubling news." "What news?" asked Blade. "Shard is gone, Ana traded lives with me, Monica knows Amber and I are vampires, the house is repaired for refuge... What more is there to know?" Blade's father sighed and said, "It's about Shard. He's... Returned." Just then, Blade's eyes widen, and he said, "What?! I thought I killed him! The sun burnt him up! How did he survive?!" "You see," said Blade's father. "The spell that Shard made with your blood worked after all. The sun didn't do enough damage to kill him, and now he has full protection from the sun's rays. And now he wants to... To... I can't say it! You don't want to know what he's going to do to you." Blade sighed and said, "What else CAN he do? He's ruined my life already. I don't think it's possible for my life to get any worse than this." "Blade," said Blade's father. "You must understand. He has a very terrible plan to destroy you, and he plans to do something to your friend, Amber, as well." Then Blade's eyes grew angry and he said, "No... No! I don't care what Shard does to me! He can do his worst to me, but I will NOT let him harm Amber! If he lays one finger on her, I swear I'll-" "Blade!" interrupted Blade's father. "You can't just attack him and expect something to happen. Remember what happened last time you tried attacking him. He ended up stabbing you multiple times, and you died for a few minutes, until your ghost friend, Ana, saved you." Blade rubbed his hand against his arm and said, "Yeah... You're right. I need to find another way to defeat him. Wait! You're my father! You know how I can defeat Shard, right? Please! I need to know!" "I'm afraid I don't have enough time to tell you now," said Blade's father. "All I can tell you is that Shard sent his falcon minion to find you and Amber. Once it find you, it will report to Shard where you are, and Shard will... Rgh, I still can't say it! Just take Amber and go!" The light beam was starting to expand, and Blade called out, "Wait!! Go where? What is Shard going to do to me? How do I defeat him?! FATHER!!" Then Blade got blinded by the light, and woke up from his dream.

"Whoa!" said Blade as he sat up. Amber rubbed her eyes, and she said, "What's wrong, Blade?" "I just had this freaky dream," said Blade. "I was in this lonely dark world, and my father was in a beam of light. He was telling me that Shard returned, and that he's planning to do something terrible to you and I. He said that we need to leave this place and hide until I find a way to stop him for good." "Strange," said Amber. "Do you really think it's true, or just a normal dream?" "I dunno," said Blade. "But... I think we better go just in case. We'll leave when the sun falls so we won't get burnt, OK?" "Alright," said Amber. She looked around, and her eyes started to water. "Hey," said Blade softly. "What's wrong?" "Well," said Amber. "I just feel bad for leaving this house we worked so hard on... We had fun building this together, didn't we?" Blade thought for a moment and said, "Yes... We have." "Well," said Amber. "I don't want to leave this place... But I know that I will always be in my own protective home no matter where I am." "How can you be so sure about that?" asked Blade. Amber looked at Blade and said, "Your heart is my protection." Blade had a warm feeling in his heart, and said nothing. Amber was also speechless. Finally, Blade slowly got close to Amber's face. He hugged her, closed his eyes, and kissed her. Amber's eyes got full of tears, and she kissed him back. The two of them sat there kissing for a while, and when they stopped, Amber whispered, "I love you." "I love you too, Amber," said Blade. They looked at each other, and hugged again. "Don't ever leave me, OK?" asked Blade. "I promise," said Amber. "I promise I will never leave you." When the two of them stopped hugging, they held each other's hands, and went down the trail to seek their hiding place from Shard.

As they walked down the trail, Blade suddenly fell over, and grunted in pain. "Blade!" said Amber. "What's wrong?" "Rgh!!" grunted Blade with a single tear going down his cheek. He held his breath for a bit, and breathed slowly. "I'm sorry," said Blade. "It's just that every now and then, my scare gets a big pain. It only lasts a short while, though... I'm already starting to feel better." "I feel so sorry for you," said Amber. "Surly, I'd probably be wailing right now if I where you. But you're taking it so well." Blade smiled a bit, and said, "You know, no offense, but part of the reason I try not to cry so much is because you're a bit of a crybaby. If I stepped on a rake right now and the handle smacked me in the face, you'd probably be in tears right now worrying about me." Amber smiled and said, "You're right... I do worry too much. I really need to try and be stronger." Just then, snow began to fall. "Oh no," said Blade. "This is the same snow that's been giving us the warning of Shard! We need to hurry!" Blade picked up Amber into his arms, and started to run. The snow was cold and harsh, thus causing Blade's face to sting as he ran into it. He stopped running after running out of breath, and fell on his knees. "Blade," said Amber. "You shouldn't force yourself." Blade and Amber both looked up, and saw a small house a few feet away from them. The door began to open, and a sky blue fox came out. "Oh!" she said. "What are you two strangers doing out here in this cold blizzard?" "My apologies," said Blade. "We where... Lost. Yeah. And we tried to find a place to stay." "Hm," said the fox. "I don't know if we're allowed to let strangers in out clubhouse, but... Maybe you can come in." Then a purple rabbit came out and said, "Hush up! You know we're not allowed to even speak to strangers." "I'm sorry," said the fox. "Who's there?" called a voice from inside the house. "It's a couple of red hedgehogs!" called the fox. "Red hedgehogs...?" asked the voice. Just then, Monica came to the door. "Monica!" said Amber. "Amber?" asked Monica. "Blade? What are you two doing out here?" "Wait," said the rabbit. "You know these two?" "Of course, Dazzle!" said Monica. "Blade, Amber, these are my friend I've been talking about. Floral the Fox, and Dazzle the Rabbit." "Pleased to meet you," said Floral with a bow. "Blah blah, hello, blah blah," said Dazzle, walking back inside. "Pay no attention to her," said Monica. "She's a bit hotheaded at times. But she's really nice once you get to know her! Well come on in!" Blade and Amber got out of the snow, and into the small house. They stayed in there for at least the night, and expected to be safe from Shard's grasp.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#14 Posted: 05:49:14 20/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7: Monica's Past
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade and Amber stayed in the little wooden house with Monica, Floral, and Dazzle for a few hours while the blizzard rushed through. Monica was staying quiet most of the day. "Something wrong, Monnie?" asked Floral. "She's been like this all weekend," said Dazzle. "Who knows what her problem is? Maybe she's depressed from school." Amber sat next to Monica and whispered, "What's wrong?" Monica looked out the window, and it had stopped snowing. "I uh... Have to go," said Monica as she ran out the door. "Hey!" called Dazzle. "Where are you going? Monica!" "Come on, Amber!" said Blade. "We need to follow her! It's dangerous to be out and about when Shard is most likely lurking around!" "Who?" asked Floral. Blade looked at Floral and said, "Don't worry, flower girl! I'll take care of everything!" "My name is Floral," said Floral. "And I'm a fox, not a flower." "Whatever," said Blade as he grabbed Amber's hand and ran out the door. "He seems to be in quite a hurry," said Floral. "So does Monica," said Dazzle. "Are those two part of some awkward dilemma, or what?" "Who knows?" asked Floral. "Monica as been so quiet, and there's something I find strange about those two hedgehogs... But I'm not sure what." Floral and Dazzle shrugged, and waited for Monica to return.

While Blade and Amber ran through the small town, it started to pour rain. "What the...?" said Blade with a pause. "How can it be raining right after a blizzard?" "Do you suppose it's another warning from Shard?" asked Amber. "Maybe," said Blade. "C'mon, we need to find Monica!" As the two vampire-hedgehogs ran through the dark, rainy streets, Blade saw Monica sitting in the middle of a cemetery. "You better wait here," said Blade. Amber nodded, and watched as Blade went behind the black fence of the cemetery. "Hey," he said to Monica as he walked up to her. "What are you doing here so late at night in this pouring rain? You could get sick." Monica said nothing, but instead put her hands over her eyes and began crying. "Hey!" said Blade. What's wrong? Why are you..." Just then, Blade saw the grave Monica was sitting next to, and as lightning flashed, he read "Rest In Peace Julie the Cat" and a decoration that said "Mom" on it. Then Blade's eyes widen, and he asked, "Was Julie your mother, Monica?" Monica nodded, and said, "She was taking me to the general store in town, when suddenly this dark, red, caped hedgehog came out and started to threaten her. Then he grabbed her neck and started sucking on it. I tried to pull him away, but he beat me to the ground, and shot my mother. I asked him, 'Who are you?' and he told me, 'I'm Shard. Shard the Hedgehog." That's when he knocked me out, and my father found me on the sidewalk, and mother laying dead beside me." Monica started to cry even more and said, "He killed her. Shard killed her. And since you said you're after Shard, I've become more worried about you. But why would he just go up to some mother and take her away from her child forever?! WHY DOES LOVE HAVE TO BE THIS PAINFUL?!" Blade hugged Monica tightly, and said quietly, "I'm so sorry this is happening to you." Monica pressed her head against Blade's body and said, "Ever since then, I've been coming here every night, to mother's grave, and sing my lullaby she always sang to me." Monica looked at the grave and sang, "Go to sleep little dear child... There will be peace when you wake... I will always love you forever even when you're asleep at night..." As Monica sang her lullaby, Blade shed one tear down his face, and watched as Monica sang. "You better go," said Blade. "Shard is probably nearby. If not him, one of his minions might be nearby and ready to attack one of us at any time." Monica looked up at Blade and said, "You're right. I need to go back to Floral and Dazzle and stay safe. Could you walk with me?" "Of course," said Blade. He and Monica walked out of the cemetery, and Amber followed them home.

Blade had a meeting with Amber in a different room. "How did it go?" asked Amber. Blade sighed and said, "Apparently, Monica's family was attacked by Shard. He killed her mother, and left Monica knocked out on the ground. Ever since then, Monica has been going to her mother's grave and singing her a special song." "Oh, the poor dear," said Amber while putting her hands over her heart. "Is there any way we can help her?" "Besides finally killing Shard completely, I'm not sure," said Blade. "Do you suppose Shard might have tried to attack Monica because she has a bit of relationship to your life by knowing you're the vampire he wants to kill?" Blade had a solemn look on his face, and said soberly, "I think you may be right. He might have been wanted to ask Monica a few questions about me, like, where I am and how does she know I exist." "Do you think he might be coming to this house for the attack?" asked Amber. Blade sighed and said, "I never did think of that. You know, you may be right. Shard probably hired a spy or something to spy on us and see what we do, who we talk to, where we go, and all that. But if he DOES come here, not only will he have another chance to kill me, but also you, Monica, and her friends. And I don't want him to cause any trouble to anyone else, but Dazzle doesn't believe in any vampires, so she'll probably just stay here and end up getting what she doesn't deserve, and that's death from Shard... Darn it! Why is this so difficult?!" Just then, the power went out, and Dazzle shouted from the other room, "Hey! You two pale-faces! What on Mobius are you doing in there?!" "It wasn't us!" called Amber. "Don't complain at us, we're not the electric company!" Blade rolled his eyes and said, "We'll just wait 'til the girls are asleep and then plan our next rout, OK? We'll think of a way to find Shard without having him harm any of these girls." "OK," said Amber. As they waited and waited, Monica, Floral, and Dazzle where finally asleep, and Blade and Amber slowly and quietly walked out the door to continue their quest to stop Shard for good.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:03:32 15/06/2011 by DarkCynder10
#15 Posted: 21:53:33 20/05/2011
"They were were kissing for a while" That line just makes me laugh! And "Blah blah hello blah blah" I love this story!
---
#16 Posted: 07:28:18 21/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks. xD

Chapter 8: Farewell Monica
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Blade and Amber left the small cottage, the sun was just starting to rise. "Crap!" shouted Blade. "I didn't think we'd be out this late! We need to find shelter from the sun fast! But where?!" Panicking, and looking in every direction, Blade started to run in circles and whine. "WHERE DO WE GO?? THERE'S NO SHELTER!! WE'RE GONNA BURN UP!! DARN IT!! AUGH!!" Amber just stood there watching as Blade ran in circles, and she smacked her palm against her forehead. She walked up to Blade, held her hand out, and Blade ran into her hand. He stopped running, and Amber pointed to a small, abandoned shack. she calmly walked up to it and went inside. "Oh," said Blade as he followed Amber. When they got inside, it was crowded with old junk somebody left in. "Man," said Blade. "Who left THIS building full of junk? I don't wanna have to trip over every little thing in here!" "It's better than burning up from the sun," remarked Amber. "Yeah, you're right," said Blade. "I shouldn't complain." The two of them settled in while the day went on. When the sun was setting, Blade stepped outside. "The sun doesn't do too much effect when it's almost all the way set," he though. He woke up Amber, and the two of them continued their journey.

The sky was a dark orange, and the shadows where tall and mysterious. "I wonder why we're not burning now?" wondered Amber. "Maybe we still DO have protection from Ana," said Blade. "But I don't wanna take the risk and see, so I'll come in for shelter every time the sun is up." The two hedgehogs ended up at a train station. "A train station?" said Blade confusingly. "IN the middle of nowhere?" "Look!" said Amber, pointing over Blade's face. Blade grabbed Amber's arm, lowered it, and looked the direction she was pointing at. There was another town nearby, and they saw Monica and her father walking toward the station. Monica's father walking into the station, and Monica stood there a bit, staring at the sunset. Blade ran up to her as fast as he could and asked, "Monica! What are you doing?" Monica jumped, and looked at Blade. "Oh, hi, Blade." Monica looked down, looking sad. "What's wrong?" asked Blade. "Well," said Monica. "The reason I've been so quiet and sad is not only because I miss my mother so much, but... It's also because I have to move. I need to leave all my wonderful friends." "Well, you can meet other friends when you move to the new town, right?" asked Blade. "But the only real friend I have is one looks into my feelings," said Monica. "Huh?" asked Blade. Monica looked up at Blade and said, "You're the only friend who actually cares about me." Blade sighed and said, "I understand... But I'm sure there will be other kids who will care about you. Like, nobody used to care me until I met Amber. I thought she'd be the only friend who cared about me, until I met a very loyal friend." "Who was that?" asked Monica. Blade's eyes started to water, and he said, "Ana... Ana the Echidna. She traded her life with mine after I was killed by Shard. She led me and Amber through the hardest times. She was so weak, and yet so strong to go through so much. She herself faced Shard once, and got killed by him. She came back as a ghost, but she was just the most gentle girl I ever met." A tear rolled down Blade's cheek as he thought about Ana, and Monica said, "You must really miss her." "I do," said Blade. "But she wants me to be happy with Amber, so I need to keep going." Monica smiled and said, "I bet my father wants me to be happy as well. I'll try to be strong."

Just then, a gentle wind began to blow. Leaves where falling out of the trees, and clouds moved across the orange evening sky. Monica heard the horn of a train in the distance. After a couple of minutes, a train pulled by the station. "Come on, Monica!" called out Monica's father. "I have to go, Blade," said Monica. She hugged him and said, "Thank you for everything! I'll miss you." "I'll miss you too, Monica," said Blade. Then Monica grabbed her suitcase, and walked into the train. The train slowly began to move away from the station, and Blade went back to get Amber. As the train went by, Blade looked into one of the windows, and saw Monica waving from a window. He smiled and waved back. Amber looked at the window, and waved as well. The train went off into the sunset with tall wild hay blowing with the wind beside the train rails. "Well, I'm actually pretty happy right now," said Blade. "Why?" asked Amber. "I'm kind of going to miss Monica." "So will I," said Blade. "But now she's gone and safe from Shard. He can't harm her anymore. I'm happy that he'll be out of her life." "But what about you?" asked Amber. "How will you escape from Shard?" "I won't," said Blade. "I will defeat him, and make sure he doesn't harm you or me. He'll be out of this world for good. Don't worry, that's a promise." Amber smiled, hugged Blade and said, "I'm glad you're so brave. Even after being killed by him once, you're determined to defeat him and save this planet." "Yes," said Blade. "Last time my fears where clouding my vision, and I just ran. But I won't be such a chicken this time. I'll give him all I've got!" Just then, Blade got into a karate pose, and punched and kicked the air while making corny sound effects. While doing this, he tripped over a stick and fell to the ground. "Ouch," he said. Amber rolled her eyes and said, "Oh Blade, what am I going to do with you?" "Well OK, I'm going going to do THAT," said Blade. "But I'll think of something. Don't you worry. I'll be fine." Amber smiled and said, "Good. So, where are we going next?" Blade opened his mouth to say something, but instead, he stared over the mountain nearby. "Something wrong, Blade?" asked Amber. "Shh!" hushed Blade as he stared more. They both felt the ground shaking. "What is that?" whispered Amber. They saw dust rising from the mountains. Blade slowly began to back up. Then a huge army came to the top of the mountains riding strange creatures. They where horses mixed with dragons. They stopped at the top, and had a stare-down with Blade and Amber. Blade's heart began to pound, and he wondered what the event was all about. "There he is," said a hedgehog standing up front. "It's the one who Shard wants us to capture! Let's go!" The army came running down the mountain, and after Blade and Amber. "RUN!!" cried Blade as he grabbed Amber's hand and ran as fast as he could. The army was starting to gain on him, and Blade didn't know what they wanted with him. As the mysterious army chased Blade and Amber, Blade thought to himself, "I don't know who this army is or what they want with me, but I will not let them harm Amber! I will not!!" Then the journey continued with a long chase...
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:00:46 15/06/2011 by DarkCynder10
#17 Posted: 19:52:17 21/05/2011
Why does Blade say the D word so much now???????
---
#18 Posted: 19:53:08 21/05/2011 | Topic Creator
He only said it twice. You think that's bad, you'll never survive Fallout.

Chapter 9: Captured
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once the large army on the strange horse-dragons came charging after Blade and Amber, the chase was on. Blade pulled Amber up and held her in his arms as he ran with all his might. The army of various animals was starting to gain on him. "Blade!" cried Amber. "What do they want with us?!" "How should I know?!" asked Blade, still running. Then one of the horse-dragons came swooping over Blade, and tried smacking him with it's sharp hoof. Blade ducked, and continued to run. Then it jumped in front of him, and Blade jumped over it. "I can't just be running around forever! I have to find a place to hide!" "You can run but you can't hide!" shouted an armored echidna behind him, and tried to hit Blade with a sword. "Be careful, Blade!" said Amber. "I'm doing the best I can!" said Blade. "But they have us outnumbered by FAR!" The chase went on and on, and Blade was nearly out of breath. He didn't let that get in his way, and he continued to run as fast as possible. Then he completely ran out of breath, and collapsed. Amber started to panic and said, "Blade! Keep going! They're right on our tail!" Blade just lay there wheezing, and sweating. Then the army came along and surrounded him and Amber. "Forgive me, Amber," said Blade quietly.

"We've found him!" said a fox, who was on one of the dragon-horses. "Face it, this guy is just too weak. We may as well bring him out of his misery," said a hedgehog. All of the other animals started to laugh, and mocked Blade. Blade got up, and held Amber tightly in his arms. "Oh, isn't that cute!" said another hedgehog, mockingly. "They're in love!" Blade tried to ignore the insults from all the animals, and he said "I will not give up! I've gotten this far! I won't give up my promise to Amber saying that I'll stop Shard from destroying this planet!" "And how will you do that?" asked on of the animals. "We've got you surrounded, and there's many of us highly trained warriors. You wouldn't survive a fight against us for even a second!" Blade got angry, and walked up to a hedgehog with his hands balled up into fists. He tried to jump on his dragon-horse and punch his face, but the hedgehog just twisted Blade's arm, and threw him back into the circle of surrounding warriors. "Let's just get this over with," said a tall echidna while walking up to Blade. He grabbed him, and held his sword up. "No!! Don't hurt him!!" screamed Amber as she tried pushing away the echidna. Then the echidna jabbed Amber with the handle of the sword, and Blade got furious. "NOBODY HARMS AMBER!! YOU HEAR ME?! NOBODY!!" Then Blade jumped over the echidna, and used his large spikes to pin him to the ground. Then he started to pound his face violently, and the rest of the army charged toward Blade and tried to injure him. "Stop this madness!" shouted a voice amongst the chaos. Then the same hedgehog who gave the word to capture Blade came into the crowd and said, "Shard said he wanted him alive. We just have to capture him and get it over with!" "'Shard'?" asked Blade. "You're all working for Shard?!" "Of course, dummy!" said the hedgehog, who was suited in bronze armor. Blade sighed and said, "OK... Do whatever you want to me. But please, spare Amber! Don't do anything to her!" "Blade!" said Amber. "Just go, Amber!" said Blade. "Don't worry about me! I'll be OK! Just get out of here!" Amber's pupils where shaking as tears filled her eyes. Then she walked up to Blade, hugged him and said quietly, "What if I never see you again? What if this is the end?" Blade hugged Amber back and said, "I'll be back, don't worry. I'll make sure Shard doesn't kill me. You'll see me when I come back, OK?" "OK," said Amber. "But... Be careful." "I'll try," said Blade. Just then, the armored hedgehog grabbed Blade by his arm, and tied him up with heavy chains. "OK, take the female home," he said. "No!" said Blade. "She can find her own way home! ...Can't you, Amber?" Amber nodded, and looked away at the sight of Blade being captured by the frighting warriors.

Then Amber left the large cluster of warriors, and looked over her shoulder as she watched them take away Blade. She started to cry and whispered "I love you, Blade." As she watched the army taking away her loved one, she got devastated, and her face grew from grief to anger. "No," she said. "I won't let them take away Blade! Who knows what Shard wants to do to him? Whatever it is, I won't let him do it! Unless it's sparing Blade's life... But whatever! That's unlikely! I need to follow them and make sure Blade is OK!" Then, Amber ran toward the army, and hid behind various objects such as trees, bushes, large rocks, and tall grass. "Don't worry, Blade," said Amber in her thoughts. "I'm coming for you!"
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:54 21/05/2011 by DarkCynder10
#19 Posted: 20:33:09 21/05/2011
Woohoo!That was a long but awesome read!smilie
---
kitty kat299 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1078
#20 Posted: 21:00:24 21/05/2011
nice sequel! Blade/Amber is so CUTE! >w<
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#21 Posted: 03:01:25 22/05/2011
Sweet!
---
#22 Posted: 20:48:11 22/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks, peeps! smilie

Chapter 10: Blade Makes His Escape
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After being captured by a large army of warriors working for Shard, Blade was being taken away. He was pushed around, rushed, insulted, and mocked by the warriors, and he got less and less patient with them. "So, WHERE exactly are you guys taking me?" asked Blade. "To Memorial Hill," said the leader of the army, which was the hedgehog in bronze armor. "Who are you anyway?" asked Blade. "My name is Seth the Hedgehog," said the hedgehog. "Oh good," said Blade. "I thought I was gonna be captured by somebody with a scarier name like Tim or George." One of the warriors snickered, and Seth said "Quiet, you! Now...We're taking you back to Memorial Hill because Shard wants to get rid of you. You've caused him trouble with his plans, I've heard." "OK, there's two flaws in there," said Blade. "One: If he wants to kill me so badly, why didn't he just let you guys kill me?" "Because he wants you kill you himself," said Seth. "And two," said Blade. "Do you guys realize what his plan is? He wants to destroy this planet- With you on it!" "That's very unlikely," said Seth. "He says he just wants revenge on you after you did something horrible to him several years ago." "OK," said Blade. "That's just holding a grudge big time. And he's an evil liar! Don't listen to him! Listen, if you let me go, I'll make sure Shard doesn't destroy this wor-" Blade was interrupted when Seth turned around and smacked Blade with his metal glove. "Alright, that's enough!" he said. Blade rubbed his face where Seth smacked him and he glared at Seth. Somebody pushed Blade to keep him moving.

They finally got to Memorial Hill, and Blade had memories from his previous battle with Shard. When the climbed up the large mountain, Shard was standing at the top of the mountain. He folded his hands and grinned. "Well," said Shard. "If it isn't my dimwitted little brother. I've been waiting for you, Blade." Blade's heart pounded again, and he said, "You won't get away with this, Shard!" Shard noticed Blade's scar, and he said "Do you not remember how I nearly defeated you last time? Heh... And yet you still won't give up. Alright, hand him over." Seth grabbed Blade by his neck and brought him over to Shard. Then Shard threw Blade on the ground, and started pulling on the chains to squeeze him. Blade could hardly breath, but noticed one loose spot. He started to pick at it a little, and the chains became looser. He started to struggle his way out, and finally freed himself. "No!" shouted Shard. "Don't let him get away!" Then the warriors chased Blade again, and tried smacking him with various weapons. Blade was starting to outrun them, and as he ran, he turned his head around, and stuck his tongue out at Shard and his army, and continued to run.

The dragon-horses started to gain on Blade again. "Well," said Blade. "Looks like the tired pets are starting to get into the game a bit more!" When Blade looked over his shoulder again, he saw the wolf-like creature, which had torn his shoulder up months ago. He gulped, and kept running. One of the dragon-horses flew over him, and tried picking him up. "Hey, flatfoot!" said Blade as he picked up a rock and cracked open the creature's hoof. It made an eerie screech and fell to the ground. "Get up, you dumb thing!" shouted the fox who was riding it. He looked over and saw the army heading straight for him. "Oh, crap," said the fox. Then he and the dragon-horse got trampled over and killed by the galloping horse-dragons. "Ohh," said Blade. "That's not quite what I was planning to do, but it worked!" Then Blade started to jump on each warrior's head, and he put his thumbs on his head with his fingers wiggling around and his tongue sticking out. "He's taunting us!" said an offended rabbit. "Get 'em!" "Aww, what's the matter?" asked Blade in a sarcastic, sorry tone. "Is mean 'ol Mr. Vampire-Hedgehog being mean? Well I'm running late, so see ya later, slowpokes!" Blade jumped out of the mob, and toward the edge of the mountain. Right before he ran down the mountain, a warrior came by and hit Blade's side with a large sword. "AUGH!!" shouted Blade as he fell down the mountain. Everybody stopped at the edge and watched as Blade fell down the mountain. "Is he going to survive that fall?" asked a dark purple echidna. "I kinda doubt it," said the bat, who was the one who hit Blade.

Blade finally fell down to the bottom of the mountain, and lay there in pain. He looked up at the top of Memorial Hill, and knew this was his chance to escape. Slowly getting up and trying to ignore the pain, Blade finally stood up straight and ran. "He's getting away!" said Shard. "I order you to get him now!" "No way am I going down there so fast!" said a dark green echidna. "I might break a bone or something!" "Oh, for crying out loud!" said Shard as he shoved the fox down the mountain. "WHAAA!" screamed the echidna as he went tumbling down the mountain. Once he hit the bottom, he died. "Hey!" shouted a cat. "You killed Steve!" "If you don't shut that large mouth of yours," threatened Shard. "Then you're next!" "Not Cloud!" said a fox. "He's the one who made me that delicious tuna sandwich!" "AUGH!!" shouted Shard. "I'm surrounded by idiots! OK, you know what? Just leave. Don't even bother to chase Blade." "We're fired?" asked a hedgehog. "Yeah, go on, get out of here, you make me sick!" said Shard. "Oh, OK," said a bat as him and all the other warriors got on their dragon-horses and flew down Memorial Hill. A large stress mark appeared on Shard's head and he shouted, "Oh, FORGET IT!!" Then he used his powers and turned his army into soil. Then Shard was the only one left, and he said to himself, "I'll just have to get Blade myself." Then his falcon came swooping down. "It looks like it's just you and me again," Shard said to the falcon. "Go and attack Blade! I'll be down shortly." The falcon spread out it's wings and flew down Blade's tracks. "You may have gotten away this time," thought Shard. "But you won't be so lucky next time!"
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#23 Posted: 20:56:19 22/05/2011
'I'm surrounded by idiots!'<--smilie I loved that line!It's what Firestar said in 'Firestar doesn't like Waffles'!smilie So funny and awesome!Great story!
---
#24 Posted: 22:30:21 25/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks! X3

Chapter 11: Together Again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Blade escaped from Shard, he stumbled away from Memorial Hill. The whole time, he was leaning to his right, which was where he was hit by a large sword. Eventually, he rested on a huge bolder. "Why am I even here?" he thought. "My entire life has been a disaster! Shard is getting worse and is probably going to succeed, because I'm just too weak for him, Amber is gone, all I've been going through for the past several months is constant pain, my father has always been abusive, and once I give him a second chance, the entire town is destroyed... Why was I ever born? What's the point of bringing me here if I'm just going through so much crap?!" Blade's scar started to hurt again, and his side was in pain. "That's it," he said to himself. "I'm done! I don't want this anymore! I'm getting sick and tired of all this constant pain!!" Blade got up after laying down in pain, and saw an old knife somebody lost. He picked it up, and stared at it soberly. He took a deep breath, and held it by his throat.

"BLADE, NO!!" screamed a voice, causing Blade to jump and drop the knife. Then Amber came running in, and grabbed unto Blade tightly. "DON'T KILL YOURSELF!! DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE HOW MUCH YOU SCARED ME?! Why... Why where you about to slit your throat open?! ...ANSWER ME!!" Amber wailed like there was no tomorrow, and Blade felt more guilty than ever. "I'm sorry!" he said. "I was... I was getting tired of my life! Everything is falling apart, and every five seconds of my life, I'm in pain! Please forgive me... I wasn't thinking..." Amber was still wailing and hugging Blade as tightly as possible. "Rgh... You freaking idiot!!" said Blade to himself as he started beating up himself. "Blade!" shouted Amber amongst her tears. "Please stop hurting yourself! It hurts me enough just to see you hurt!" Blade took a deep breath and said, "I'm... Sorry. I was getting too devastated. You didn't deserve to see that." "And you don't deserve to do that to yourself!" said Amber, while tears where still rolling down her face. Blade sighed and said, "You're right... I need to stop being so harsh on myself." After a few minutes, Amber finally stopped crying, and she stood up. She took Blade by his hand, and lifted him up. "I love you," said Amber. "And I don't ever want to see you do something like that again, OK?" "I understand," said Blade. "I promise I won't beat myself up, or attempt suicide again." "Good," said Amber.

As Blade stared at Amber, he saw a white mist around her. He stared and stared, and saw a very light figure of Ana standing there. Her voice was so soft, he could hardly hear it. She smiled, and walked up to Blade. She put her hand on his shoulder and said "The world's safety lies in your hands. Everybody is counting on you!" Then when the breeze came in, the misty figure disappeared. "What's the matter, Blade?" asked Amber. "Your eyes are tearing up!" "You didn't see her?" asked Blade. "Ana was right here in front of us! Then again... Maybe only I could see her. She encouraged me, and disappeared." "Oh," said Amber. "I miss Ana." "So do I," said Blade. "Maybe you couldn't see her because defeating Shard is my responsibility." "Yeah," said Amber. "I hope you can do it... Hey!" "What?" asked Blade. "You're hurt! ...You didn't do that, did you?" "Huh?" asked Blade, looking at his side, which was bleeding severely. "HOLY COW!!" he shouted. "That wasn't this bad before! And no, I didn't do it. One of Shard's warriors did this." "I still have cloth from way back when I went to the general store before the wolf thing attacked you," said Amber. "Here, let me wrap that up for you." Amber wrapped the cloth around Blade. "YEECCCHHH!!" said Blade in a high-pitched voice. "It stings!" he said. "Sorry," said Amber. "But you have to keep it as clean as possible." "You're right," said Blade. "Thank you for caring so much." Amber smiled and said, "As long as it's helpful, I'll do anything for you," Blade smiled back, and the two of them walked down the trail through the woods to continue their preparation for their journey.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:31:48 25/05/2011 by DarkCynder10
#25 Posted: 00:07:35 27/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 12: The Big Rush
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade and Amber finally found their way back home, and Blade plopped on the bed in their small house. He sighed, and stared at the ceiling. "What's wrong, Blade?" asked Amber. "I'm just worried about Shard," said Blade. "What if he really DOES succeed? What if he really DOES defeat me and destroy this world? I'm mostly concerned about your safety. I don't wan you to be harmed by him!" Amber looked down at the ground, and looked back at Blade with a smile. "Wait!" she said. "You saw Ana earlier today, right? Maybe she can help you again!" "But she left," said Blade, doubtfully. "And I was probably just seeing things in the first place anyway. When somebody dies, they die. Nothing else can happen. They're just gone." "Not always," said Amber, referring to the day Ana traded lives with Blade. "But that was totally different," said Blade. "She had unique powers to bring things back to life with all the energy she has. I don't know anybody else who can do that sort of thing." Amber's smile slowly turned into a frown, and she said "I guess you're right... But don't fret about it! You'll do fine!" "That's easy for you to say," said Blade. "You're not even a part of this!" "Yes I am!" argued Amber. "I'm your girlfriend! I bet you anything that if Shard saw me walking around by myself, he'd probably ask me a bunch of questions about you and kill me afterward since I'm always with you. I may be an important link to this situation." "Please stay out of this!" said Blade. "It's very dangerous! You know how cruel Shard can be while killing a victim. And I defiantly do NOT want you encountering him EVER!" "Fine," said Amber. "But I still want to help you somehow." "You do help," said Blade. "You encourage me to move on, you comfort me, you care for me, you helped me repair a nice house for refuge, you saved me from killing myself... You've done plenty of helpful things! Why, every friend I've met has helped me! Ana helped by giving us directions to Memorial Hill and trading lives with me while Monica gave us shelter when we where stuck in a blizzard and also encouraged me to move on." "You're right," said Amber. "The smallest tasks can go a long way." "Exactly," said Blade.

Meanwhile at Memorial Hill, Shard was planning his next move. He started toying around with his powers, such as breaking rocks, snapping trees with a single flick, and cracking walls with his head. Eventually, he tried performing an attack to set things on fire. Instead, it backfired, and instead of Shard being set on fire, a large, blinding light came out of his body. "RRGGGGHHH!!" he grunted as he was blinded and burned by the amount of life. The falcon, who was watching, covered it's face with it's wings, and peeked. "ACK!! WHY WON'T IT WORK?! RGH!!" shouted Shard, while struggling in the light. When the light disappeared, Shard's face felt strange. He ran to a small puddle of water to see his reflection to see what was causing the feeling. When he saw himself in the puddle, he had thick, white, powdered makeup all over his face, large red cheeks, red, shiny nose, and his fur on top of his head was poofed up like clown hair. The falcon looked at him, and started to squawk loudly, and it fell on it's back while shaking around it's talons. Tears rolled down it's face as it laughed. Shard was no amused. "Alright! Alright!" he said while wiping off all the makeup, and brushing back his fur. "I don't even want to know how that happened, but I REALLY hope it never happens again. Let's try that again..." The falcon took many deep breaths after laughing so hard, and stood up. He tried the attack again, and this time, using both hands. A fireball shot out at 50 miles per hour, and hit a tree. Then the ground started to split. "That's it!" said Shard. "I found out how to master the 'Death Fury!' This special fury can destroy ten whole miles within an hour! Mobius... SAY GOODBYE!!" Shard started raging, and destroyed everything in site. He laughed evilly as everything burned, and the ground cracked more and more. "Blade," said Shard. "Meet your future!" The falcon Flew on Shard's shoulder, and squawked an evil bird laugh. "What are you laughing about?" asked Shard. "You're not the one who finally mastered the Death Fury! You see, many many years ago, this special fury was-" All of Shard's prideful babbling blurred out to the falcon, and it flew away. It knew Shard could be talking for hours and boasting about his new power. "Hey!" shouted Shard. "Come back here, you reckless bird!" The falcon stuck it's tongue out at Shard, and kept flying. "RGH! Stupid bird!" said Shard. "Whatever. Soon enough he'll be fried chicken, and he won't be getting any sympathy from me!"

Meanwhile, Blade and Amber walked out into the dim moonlight. "Hey!" whispered Blade. "Listen!" Amber listened closely, and heard a small rumbling sound. "I hear it, too!" whispered Amber. "What is that?" Just then, the ground right below them started to split open. "An earthquake!" screamed Blade, while grabbing Amber. "We need to get out of here!" As Blade ran with Amber in his arms, he noticed everything burning and falling apart. "What...? What's happening?!" asked Blade. "Oh no!" said Amber. "I think Shard is in the process of destroying the world!" "Crap!" said Blade. "I have to go stop him!" "But Blade!" said Amber. "It's dangerous!" "So is loitering in the middle of world domination, but you're doing that right now!" "Me??" asked Amber. "You're the one who's holding me and stalling!" "Oh come on!" said Blade, as he ran through the burning chaos and destruction. He didn't know if he'd make it or not, but Blade was willing to do anything to protect his home planet, and his dear friend. He ran through the burning planet and thought what would happen next.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#26 Posted: 09:02:33 29/05/2011
Woohoo!Awesome story!It's really,really good!smilie
---
#27 Posted: 03:59:30 31/05/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks! :3

Chapter 13: Last Minute Rescue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Blade ran through the burning destruction, Amber grabbed on tightly and tried holding in her tears of fear. "Why would Shard even want to do this?!" asked Amber. "Does he realize he'll also die?" "You know, I don't think he does," said Blade. "He's letting his own mind control him. He doesn't realize what he's doing! I need to speak to him before Mobius is torn into pieces with everybody, including him, on it!" Just then, Blade heard a voice crying for help. He looked around, and saw a burning village. "Look, Amber!" said Blade. "They need our help!" Blade ran to the village, and saw nothing but burnt, destroyed buildings. He looked around the gloomy area, and heard a voice crying. He followed the voice, and saw a fox crying by a burning building. Blade walked up to the fox, and she screamed, and backed away. "Please spare me, Shard!" she cried. "If you must kill me, do it quickly! If it's my blood you want, please kill me first and THEN drink it!" "Huh?" asked Blade. The fox was still crying, and Blade had pity for her. "I'm not Shard," he said. "Sure, I'm a vampire and all, but," the fox screamed again, and ran behind a burnt tree. "Hey!" said Blade. "I'm not here to hurt you! I heard you crying, and I thought I needed to help you." The fox peeked from behind the tree and said quietly, "You're not going to suck my blood, are you?" "Of course not," said Blade, although he was remarkably hungry. "Are you sure?" asked the fox. "You look rather thin... You look like you haven't had anything to eat or drink for weeks." "That's true," said Blade. "But I promise I won't hurt you. Now, can I help you with anything?" The fox sniffled and said, "Well... You see that burning building over there? Well... My daughter is in there. I think she died." "No she didn't!" Blade insisted. "She's fine! Hang on, I'll go get her out for you." "But wait, Mr. Vampire!" said fox. "My name is Blade the Hedgehog," said Blade. "Blade," repeated the fox. "But the building is on fire! What if you burn up with it?" "I won't burn up, don't worry!" said Blade. "Just leave it to me!"

The fox finally let Blade enter the burning house to try and save her daughter. When Blade entered the house, flames where flying everywhere, nearly burning Blade. He ducked, and ran right through the flames, ignoring the harsh heat. He saw an old stairway going up, and he heard the faint sound of a mournful cry. He ran up the stairs, and one of the steps broke and his foot fell through. "Whoa!" said Blade as he nearly fell. "I gotta be more careful!" He carefully walked up the stairs, as the flames spread through the house. Smoke was clogging up the air, causing Blade to cough continuously. "Crap!" he thought to himself. "I forgot! There's no oxygen in smoke. I gotta hurry up!" Blade was getting weaker as the smoke built up. By the time he got to the second floor of the house, he barley had the energy to walk to the door where the crying was coming from. He turned the doorknob, and fell on his knees as he slowly opened the door while coughing continuously. When he looked in the door, he saw a small fox crying in a corner with her face in her knees. His vision got darker and darker, and he came to the point where he couldn't breath any longer.

Meanwhile, outside the house, Amber was trying to comfort the mother fox. "What if he doesn't make it?" asked the fox. "He might either burn up with the flames, or suffocate from the smoke!" Amber didn't even want to think of such things happening to Blade, and she stared at the house. As she watched it slowly collapsing to the ground, the flames getting more and more furious, and the smoke getting thicker, she noticed that Blade or the fox hadn't come out for a while. "No!" she thought, while her eyes shook with tears. "He's not gone! I know he's still alive!" After no sign of Blade or the fox, Amber lost hope, and broke into tears. The fox cried with her. "I can't believe he's gone!" wailed Amber. "My poor, sweet daughter!" wept the fox. While the two of them sat there weeping mournfully, the window of the house broke open, and Blade came jumping out with the fox in his arms. "Blade!" cried Amber as she ran up to him and squeezed him tightly. Blade looked down sadly, and said, "Miss... I hate to tell you this, but your daughter... Didn't make it." The fox's eyes widen up, and she bawled. "She didn't make it to death's door!" said Blade. "Huh?" asked the fox. "She's still alive," said Blade. "She just fainted. Just try and take good care of her until she recovers." The fox started loose a few tears of happiness and relief, and she lay her daughter down. "My little Nelly is safe again," said the fox. "Not especially," said Blade. "You two need to find shelter, quick! And nothing flammable. The world is breaking apart, and I'm going to stop it." Out of nowhere, Amber made noises as if she where holding in tears. "What's wrong, Amber?" asked Blade. "I'm OK, and so is the child. You can calm down now." When Amber lifted up her head, she laughed. "Huh?" asked Blade. "What's so funny?" "You look like somebody used you to clean their chimney!" laughed Amber. "What?" asked Blade. He looked down, and saw all the ashes and smoke all over him. "Har har," said Blade, sarcastically. "Amber, this is serious! Shard is about to destroy everything, but you sit here and laugh at somebody covered in irritating particles." "Well," said Amber. "If this really IS going to be the end of the world, why be so solemn about it? We may as well have all the fun we can before everything ends." "You're right," said Blade. "WE NEED TO FREAKING RUSH OURSELVES!! I THINK MOBIUS IS STARTING TO BREAK INTO PIECES!! COME ON!!" Blade grabbed Amber's hand, and ran as fast as he could. "I think Blade missed my point," thought Amber, rolling her eyes. As Blade ran through the mass of destruction, he headed toward Memorial Hill to try and stop the destruction.
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#28 Posted: 19:34:49 01/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 14: Last Words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blade kept on running to Memorial Hill while Amber grabbed tightly to him. He jumped over large cracks of the world, went through burning forests, and went around fallen buildings. When he could finally see Memorial Hill up ahead, he looked at Amber, sighed, and lay her down on a boulder. "Now, Amber," said Blade. "Listen carefully. This might possibly be the last time we'll ever see each other again. I'm going back to Memorial Hill, but I want you to stay here, and try to avoid any flames. It's dangerous for you to encounter Shard." "But it's dangerous for you, too," said Amber. "Remember what he did to you last time? If it weren't for Ana, you'd be dead right now and I wouldn't be speaking to you." "I'm aware of that," said Blade. "But I need to try. If he really does succeed in destroying Mobius, then all will be lost. There will be nothing left." Amber looked down and said, "But... What if I never see you again? Surly the world will all be gone, but what if... What if he..." "Amber," said Blade while putting his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself for now. Try to find shelter from this destruction." "But my only shelter will be going too far for me," said Amber. "Well, there's plenty of things to hide in here, right?" asked Blade. "Like, there's an old stone building over there you can take refuge in." "No," said Amber. "It's too weak. It gave up too quickly." "Now Amber," said Blade. "You didn't even try it yet. Go on, give it a shot." "But it's too lazy," said Amber. "My one true shelter is moving away from me." "What?" asked Blade. "What kind of shelter moves around?" Amber looked back up at Blade and said, "You are my shelter." Blade was speechless for a little bit, and he said, "Amber... Do you really care that much? Why am I so different from everybody else?" "Because you care," said Amber. "You're the only one who has ever protected me. Unlike that old building over there which doesn't move in life, no matter how hard it's walls are, it just gives up. But you, on the other hand, always move on in life, even when you have a very hard life. You don't give up like the stone building. And since you're going to Memorial Hill, you won't be with me, and my shelter will be gone." "I see," said Blade. "Blade?" asked Amber. "Yes?" asked Blade. "Well... Can I take advantage of my shelter... Just this once? The best refuge doesn't need to be made of stones, bricks, or boards. The best one is made of many traits and love." Blade's eyes started watering, and he said, "Yes... You may take advantage of your shelter." Amber got up, and hugged Blade tightly. She sniffled, and finally let out her tears. She sobbed in Blade's shoulder, and hugged him as tightly as she could. "Please don't go!" she wailed. "I'm so sorry," said Blade with a few tears running down his face. "I have to. I want to protect you. I promise I'll be fine." The two of them stood there hugging, and when they finally let go, Blade walked down the path to Memorial Hill. "I love you," whispered Amber, as she watched Blade go down the trail. She looked at the old building, and finally went inside.

Meanwhile, Blade was at the foot of Memorial Hill. "Amber," he thought. "I promise you... I'll be back." When Blade finally got up the mountain, a struck of lighting went right passed him. "Whoa!" he said as he dodged it. He looked over, and saw Shard standing there with a grin on his face. "So, it appears you HAVE improved," said Shard. He folded his hands and said, "Tell me... Why have you not given up? You can clearly see that the entire world is breaking apart, and I am succeeding. "I refuse to agree!" shouted Blade. "You're nothing but a great big liar! Everything you've said so far has been untrue, so why should I believe you now?! You do nothing but lie to everybody and put them in torment! You're just nothing but a horrible, greedy-" "That's enough!" interrupted Shard, while throwing a fireball at Blade. Blade fell to the ground and rolled to dodge the fireball. He glared at Shard, and Shard said, "Well, you've become swifter. But are you going to run away like a coward again like you did last time? And don't expect to be so lucky this time. Your little ghost friend won't be here to save you now." "Her name was Ana!" snapped Blade. "And she was more than just a friend! Although she was incredibly weak, she was a huge help for me. If it weren't for her, I'd never know how to get here." "Well whatever!" said Shard. "Do I look like I care? No. Now enough chat, and let's get this over with..."

Blade got ready for whatever it was Shard would attempt to do. Shard raised his fists, and poisonous vines came out of the ground and after Blade. Thinking fast, Blade ran up a wall of the mountain and stomped on the vines. Some of them got a hold of him, ad put stinging poison in him. "Is that ALL you've got?!" asked Shard, mockingly. Blade used his large spikes to cut the vines, and freed himself. He ran up to Shard, scooted underneath him, and kicked his back, causing him to fall to the ground. Then Blade snatched a large knife out of Shard's hands, and attempted to stab him. Shard grabbed unto the handle, and pushed it up while Blade pushed down. "Give up already!" said Blade. "I've finally got you, Shard! Now it's time to repent for everything you've done!" "You still think you can defeat me?!" asked Shard. "Why, you're full of nothing but foolishness!" "Me?!" asked Blade. "I'm not the one who's trying to destroy an entire planet just to get revenge on my father! YOU'RE the foolish one around here!" "Enough talk," said Shard. "YOU'RE TIME ON THIS PLANET IS OVER!!" Shard twisted Blade's wrist, grabbed the knife, and cut open Blade's arm. "RGH!" grunted Blade as he got up and backed away. He covered his arm with his hand and glared at Shard. "Don't think that's going to be enough to kill me," said Blade. "I've survived much worse than that." He put his hand down, and looked at his arm. Then he looked back at Shard, and Shard came running up to Blade, and punched his stomach. "Why you...!" said Blade as he stood up straight and elbowed Shard's jaw. "You really think this will go on?!" asked Shard as he ran back up to Blade with his knife. Blade tried running out of the way, but then Shard stabbed in into his shoulder, and held him against one of the walls of Memorial Hill. Shard stood there in front of Blade, and started building up more energy. "Now... I give you the Death Fury!" said Shard as he charged up. "You've caused way too many problems," said Blade, somberly. "You threaten my family... You destroyed many lives... You cursed this mountain... You attempt to destroy this world... I will not let you succeed!" "Well tough!" said Shard. "Blade, you've had so much to live for. You could have helped me destroy this pitiful planet, but no, you insist on doing an impossible task, which is defeating me. Now, I'm all powered up... Blade, meet your future!" Blade shut his eyes tightly and went deep into thought. Did he fail? Will Shard succeed? Will he be defeated by Shard's grasp? Is the planted really on it's way to ending? These thoughts went through Blade's mind as he wondered what would happen next...
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#29 Posted: 02:07:20 03/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 15: Roaring Cries
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After being stabbed to a wall by Shard, Blade was thinking his last thoughts. "I guess this is it," he thought. "This is how I'm gonna die. This is how the world is going to end. I failed everything. I failed to keep my promise to Amber, I failed to defeat Shard, I failed to save this world, and I've failed to fulfill my destiny." Shard's fury was still building up as he laughed and taunted Blade. "You see what I mean?" asked Shard. "There's no way you can possibly defeat me OR save this world. The world is breaking apart, and I've succeeded." "You seriously have that little love for others?!" asked Blade, furiously. "All you care about is yourself, and putting everyone else in pain and misery and destroying this innocent world!" Blade's eyes started to water, and he continued talking. "You're doing all of this out of greed and revenge, when you really could just be a dear part of the family... But you insist on putting everyone and everything into torment and make others feel miserable and lonely! Why can't you just use your powers to protect others?! From what I've heard from father, you used to protect him and mother from danger, using your powers! ..WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE THAT NOW?! Instead you betray them and put them in so much sorrow?! Darn you! You deserve nothing but-" "Enough!" Shard interrupted by hitting Blade violently in the face. "I don't want to hear anymore of your preachy words while I'm coming so close to finishing my task in life." Blade let loose a few tears and said, "But... Why would you do this? Why would you do horrible things like this to your family who raised you so well and love you? Shard! Brother! All I'm trying to do is stop you from doing the biggest mistake in your life!" "Do I look like I care about you weakling?" asked Shard. "Enough talk. The Death Fury is ready. Blade... Say goodbye to this world!!"

Right before Shard unleashed his fury on Blade, Blade's heart raced like the wings of a bird, and he was sweating. He shut his eyes tightly, and when he opened them again, he saw a familiar figure running across the mountain, and toward Blade and Shard. "Who is that?" thought Blade. When the figure got closer, his eyes widen up in fear and devastation, and his heart beat even faster and harder. "AMBER, NO!!" screamed Blade. "GO HOME!! DON'T GET INVOLVED!!" Right as Blade said this, Amber jumped right in front of Shard as he let out his fury. "AMBER!!!"

Right after the fury was unleashed, a light so bright, it whitened the land, came out and leaves fro the trees started to flow about. When the light wore off, the world was back in one piece, and Shard was lying on the ground with blood covering his body. He died, and Blade looked down and saw Amber lying on the ground and hugging Blade's feet. "A...Amber!" said Blade, nearly whispering. Amber slowly opened her eyes, and smiled lightly. "Blade," she said very quietly and weakly. "I've... I've done what I desire... I saved you from trouble." "Amber!" said Blade with more tears covering his eyes than before. He fell on his knees and held Amber tightly. "N-no! I told you to stay in the building! Why did you come here?!" Amber didn't respond. "...Amber?" called Blade, quietly. "Amber? No...! Amber!" He grabbed Amber's hand, and Amber's eyes opened again, very weakly. "Blade," she whispered. "The Death Fury reflected off of me and... It destroyed Shard..." Amber's sight got darker and darker, and she said very quietly, "But it damaged me as well... Please, I need to rest..." "B-but you didn't have to do that!" said Blade. "I could have gotten him myself, if I tried hard enough!" Amber smiled slightly, and said, "You are my shelter... And I need to take care of my shelter. Blade... I... I..." Amber closed her eyes, and said nothing else. "Yes? Amber...? Amber, what is it??" asked Blade. "...I love you," whispered Amber. A light wind blew, and Amber said nothing else. "Amber?" called Blade. "...Amber? Amber?! No... No! AMBER!!!" Blade hugged Amber tightly, and tears came down so much, Blade's face began to sting. "NO!!" he shouted in devastation. "This isn't what I want! I was supposed to protect you!! That was my responsibility! Amber!! AMBERRR!!!" Blade wailed and hugged Amber's body very tightly. He sat there wailing in devastation until the sun began to rise.

"You where everything to me," thought Blade. "You taught me that even the weakest of friends can make you stronger than before. You where always there for me. I should have been more careful, then you wouldn't have to do this for me. You would be living now and we would have had more time together. But you did this for me because you love me... And I will always love you, even when you're gone." When Blade's thoughts flashed off, he was still weeping and holding Amber's body. When he was finally done, he got up, and carried Amber's body off of Memorial Hill. He looked at Shard's body, and took one of his strongest knives. He walked up to the wall where he was pinned on, and carved in a summary of what Amber did for him. This was Amber's memorial on Memorial Hill, and he carried her body away. He walked all the way back to the cave, and buried her in the field of flowers. He cried again while sitting at the grave, remembering all the times he had spent with Amber. It was hard for him to live in the house he and Amber built, because he kept getting memories about him and Amber. He took out Amber's bench, and put it by her grave. But Blade learned a few months later that Amber did everything to make him happy and well. Blade smiled for once in a long time at the grave, and said, "Don't worry, Amber. I won't let you down!" Blade moved on with his life, telling everybody about the thing Amber did for him, and he kept Amber in his memories of his heart and mind until the time it was his turn to leave the life of the planet. "You where everything to me," thought Blade. "And I will always love you... Amber the Hedgehog."

~The End
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:46 15/06/2011 by DarkCynder10
#30 Posted: 08:51:13 03/06/2011
smilie IT WAS SO SAAAD!But awesome!Very,very awesome!Very good story,DC10!smilie
---
#31 Posted: 01:31:49 05/06/2011
It was REALLY REALLY SAD! ZBUT CUTE!!!!!!!
---
kitty kat299 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1078
#32 Posted: 02:51:58 05/06/2011
*sniff sniff* *tear tear* AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO SAD!
---
PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!
#33 Posted: 19:54:47 06/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks, peeps! :3 Glad you liked the fan fic! ^.^
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
#34 Posted: 00:24:28 12/06/2011
You're welcome!I'm still crying whenever I see this!smilie
---
pokeflygon11 Green Sparx Gems: 174
#35 Posted: 17:26:08 15/06/2011
this whole fan fiction is amazing chibi-chan you sure did a good job on this
---
somethings you just do

#36 Posted: 18:38:29 20/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Rocket. :3
---
( ૭ ಠ___ಠ)૭
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me