Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Legend of Spyro World Discussion
Page 1 of 1
Legend of Spyro World Discussion [CLOSED]
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#1 Posted: 09:18:06 26/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, I neglected my presence on Dark Spyro far enough. Recently I had to reformat my computer due to a recent problem with a Trojan, and I gotta get my mind of all the drama of a war with my computer over a weeks time, plus two or three days fallowing getting back all my programs and trying to get things up and running again.
In the words of Shikamaru Nara.... What a Mother ****ing Drag....
So I want to start something new that reminds me that I don't have to dwell on all this stress that's making me go balled...

Now in the recent last decade of my life, entering teenage years all the way up to age 20 as I am now, I sometimes recall old days when I had no friends at all(I still have very few) and things sometimes became relatively dull as I left my childhood of video-games, fair tales and general innocent spirit back in those years.
But every so often, I find one of those games that relight the spark and remind me of those carefree days of all those legends that you could believe in if you put your heart into it.

One of these games was The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of The Dragon.

To begin with, and none of you hate me for this... I hated Spyro way back when. I didn't like it. I disliked his look, I disliked his cocky attitude and I disliked the general lack of logic in the old games(Such as science and magic mixing, as with the professor making machines and spyro being a magic based like dragon, as well as the other small details that were just... eh)

Naturally when Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning started up, I hated it too. I ended up defending the old games because of Spyros new look bothered me a lot.

Then, years later, when I decided to get Dawn of The Dragon, that changed. I took back all I said about Spyro(at least LoS series) and again my spark was burning as I took in the looks, the mystical feeling of magic, science and the unknown of the games, as well as the deep emotional impacts of the games power.

I was happy and even in today there is much to the game that makes me replay the series every so often, much like how I have such a fandom of Starfox.
And now here I am making this thread so we, the fans of LoS can talk about the games, the world it sets in, the possibilities, and all the over-analyzing fun that comes with our non-fiction logic of Spyro's verse.

And just for fun and happiness, we can talk about the fan comics inspired by the amazing trilogy such as Zonoya's Revenge(which isnt THAT vengeful since Zonoya is actually rather nice and knows Malefore screwed her over) And the bold and dark comic by Mal The Hybrid known as Bittersweet Ending, which has my respect as "Balls-to-the-wall" respectable for how its theme is going.

Now, lets get this overall chat started, shall we fans of LoS?
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7105
#2 Posted: 11:12:24 26/04/2011
I'm going to say this to you, simply because I know people who will say it to you with a lot less grace and a lot more rage:

LoS didn't exactly have much logic to it, especially with those few plotholes in DotD! smilie

Other than that, I am kind of glad you started this topic. It's been a while since I properly discussed, or even played LoS, and for a bit, I think I was kind of "jumping off the bandwagon". This might help me.

Oh, and your little story about the fandom was a nice read! smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 11:36:31 26/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Ya, I know LoS didn't have much real logic, but its logic made more sense to me as far as letting it be itself in the mystical department. Such as the gems actually have a purpose for the dragons. That was perfect and I adored it.

Just to ask, what plotholes in DotD? I didnt really notice anyway(outside of Spyro and Cynder aging while being suspended in time)

And to begin, what shall we speak of?
---
#4 Posted: 11:47:25 26/04/2011
Well, in the Classics, gems were the dragon's currency. They were to Spyro what Rings are to Sonic, or what Coins are to Mario. But I guess I know what you mean.

Well, there were quite a few. It's been a while since I discussed it. Some people have different opinions on what a plothole actually is, so a plothole to one person might be something perfectly understandable to another person.

One glaring plothole I remember was in Dragon City, why didn't Spyro, Cynder and Sparx fly over that tower that was knocked over? Heck, they could JUMP over it if they climbed to the top of that nearby building. smilie

Well...we are discussing things already, aren't we? smilie
---
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#5 Posted: 13:25:03 26/04/2011
Hey man, Dawn of the Dragon is my favorite Spyro game of all time. I personally didn't pay much attention to the plotholes in the game, but it was fun (especially the Elite Enemies.) Sadly though, the PS2 disc I got has a rather nasty scratch and I can't return it (it's been four months since I bought it), to replace the game. So every time it gets to the Golem in Dragon City (right after you destroy the crystal in its head), the game freezes. But I've checked out the rest of the game on youtube, and I gotta say, I think Burned Lands would have been my favorite level if I would have been able to get there.
#6 Posted: 14:13:37 26/04/2011
I wasn't too bothered by the plotholes myself (it's a game, not a movie or book). Many people act kind of butthurt over them though, and I know someone will come here and rage about the game not being logical because of the plotholes, so I just thought I would point it out to AkantorMH before somebody else did the same thing with less "grace".

For one thing, if it weren't for the plotholes, Dragon City and The Destroyer would not exist as levels...and I LOVE those levels! smilie
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#7 Posted: 15:03:06 26/04/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I wasn't too bothered by the plotholes myself (it's a game, not a movie or book). Many people act kind of butthurt over them though, and I know someone will come here and rage about the game not being logical because of the plotholes, so I just thought I would point it out to AkantorMH before somebody else did the same thing with less "grace".

For one thing, if it weren't for the plotholes, Dragon City and The Destroyer would not exist as levels...and I LOVE those levels! smilie

I think Dragon City and the Destroyer are the most repetitive levels I have played, and the Burned Lands is even worse.
#8 Posted: 15:05:53 26/04/2011
I don't mind repetition if I like the thing that is repeating(such as the song I have on a loop)! smilie
---
#9 Posted: 15:07:22 26/04/2011
I don't mind repetition if I like the thing that is repeating(such as the song I have on a loop)! smilie

I just get bored.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#10 Posted: 15:37:59 26/04/2011
LoS was a pretty good series. I even like DotD, even though it's the oddball of the series with it's ups (decent gameply, nice graphics) and it's downs (several plotholes, Wayne Brady).
#11 Posted: 15:50:45 26/04/2011
Quote: CAV
LoS was a pretty good series. I even like DotD, even though it's the oddball of the series with it's ups (decent gameply, nice graphics) and it's downs (several plotholes, Wayne Brady).

I don't think it's anything special.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#12 Posted: 16:28:08 26/04/2011
Imma say this then leave and probably not come back:
Both Classic and LOS had little/no logic, and IMO that how it should be in BOTH cases. Spyro, in all eras, is a game about a little purple dragon who has wild adventure. Now I ask you, does that sound like the type of game that should have any logic to it? No, not IMO. Does it sould like the type of thing that would be silly, whimsical, and imaginative? I would say yes.
I'm done; k thx bai!
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#13 Posted: 16:29:48 26/04/2011
The only logic they have is game logic....
.....and that one cannon in Warfang....
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6266
#14 Posted: 16:34:30 26/04/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

It isn't. But it's still decent.
#15 Posted: 16:35:14 26/04/2011
Quote: CAV

It isn't. But it's still decent.

I guess.
#16 Posted: 02:05:26 27/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Well, in the Classics, gems were the dragon's currency. They were to Spyro what Rings are to Sonic, or what Coins are to Mario. But I guess I know what you mean.

Well, there were quite a few. It's been a while since I discussed it. Some people have different opinions on what a plothole actually is, so a plothole to one person might be something perfectly understandable to another person.

One glaring plothole I remember was in Dragon City, why didn't Spyro, Cynder and Sparx fly over that tower that was knocked over? Heck, they could JUMP over it if they climbed to the top of that nearby building. smilie

Well...we are discussing things already, aren't we? smilie

Oh god yeah, I remember that one. I just went with it I guess since some games have that issue just for plot consistency.
---
#17 Posted: 11:07:09 27/04/2011
I'm guessing that Spyro and Cynder didn't want to fly over the building because Spyro possibly wanted to save those moles trapped in the fire?
#18 Posted: 11:10:13 27/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Well yeah, there is that. So its excusable even for the games own world then.

Now lets bring up something me and a ex-friend once spoke about. We were curious about the whole egg issue.
The way I see it, it made little sense to me. Why not female dragons guarding there own eggs? Where were they? It just always stuck to me as odd.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:11:51 27/04/2011 by AkantorMH
#19 Posted: 11:18:57 27/04/2011
I don't remember seeing any females at all in LoS, I guess they must have rushed it too much to even think about it? I'm not sure, it's only a game. If you think about it, there are many other random questions to debate about in the Classic Spyro games, or any other game for that matter, like Tomb Raider, how do the wolves survive in the tombs without any food for so long? Lol.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:20:49 27/04/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#20 Posted: 12:11:55 27/04/2011
I'm guessing that Spyro and Cynder didn't want to fly over the building because Spyro possibly wanted to save those moles trapped in the fire?

But the buliding "blocked their way" before they even noticed the moles.
---
#21 Posted: 12:19:53 27/04/2011

But the buliding "blocked their way" before they even noticed the moles.

Oh I see what you mean, lol, I can't remember it that well. All I can think of now is "It's only a game". Which is the poor excuse that they want you to assume I guess.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:22:42 27/04/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#22 Posted: 12:24:14 27/04/2011
For me, it's a random excuse for another good level, which I'm fine with. I mean, that's how Spyro 1 as a whole game works! On one big plothole! smilie
---
#23 Posted: 12:25:39 27/04/2011
For me, it's a random excuse for another good level, which I'm fine with. I mean, that's how Spyro 1 as a whole game works! On one big plothole! smilie

It seems to me that every game I know has plotholes, in the end I just ignore them and enjoy the game the way it is meant to be played. I'm more for the gameplay than anything else. And I think that is how it should be, afterall, video games are just entertainment, and are not to be taken so seriously.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:26:25 27/04/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#24 Posted: 12:27:28 27/04/2011
Same here, except there are games where I have not noticed plotholes.
---
#25 Posted: 12:28:20 27/04/2011

Yeah, I bet some can be a kick in the face, and make the whole game seem not understandable at all right?
#26 Posted: 12:39:56 27/04/2011

Yeah, I bet some can be a kick in the face, and make the whole game seem not understandable at all right?

Definitely...Sonic 06 was like that!smilie
---
#27 Posted: 12:42:13 27/04/2011

Definitely...Sonic 06 was like that!smilie

I don't play Sonic so I wouldn't know.
#28 Posted: 13:05:25 27/04/2011

"Quik-ly we haveta reload!"
~That Damned Artillery Mole...long will he die! X_X
("Quickly! We haveta to...urgh!" *becomes a pile of ash*
*Spyro closes his mouth and looks at the screen* "What? He was getting on my nerves.")

Easy answer! Air current, air was pushing to hard down that he was unable to fly over the building without getting blown down.
#29 Posted: 13:07:01 27/04/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7

"Quik-ly we haveta reload!"
~That Damned Artillery Mole...long will he die! X_X
("Quickly! We haveta to...urgh!" *becomes a pile of ash*
*Spyro closes his mouth and looks at the screen* "What? He was getting on my nerves.")

Easy answer! Air current, air was pushing to hard down that he was unable to fly over the building without getting blown down.

Yes, I suppose that makes sense, he's not very strong is he? Yet he can take on all these enemies and such, lol.
#30 Posted: 13:13:35 27/04/2011
Artillery Mole is awesome...he and Spyro should be going to pubs together!smilie

There was no air current in gameplay, just an invisible wall. You are actually able to fly higher than the tower, there is just an invisible wall blocking you. This proves that they were actually able to physically get over it.
---
#31 Posted: 13:30:23 27/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay okay >,< back to the egg thing, lol.
---
#32 Posted: 13:31:32 27/04/2011
Wait, were talkin' bout Easter now!?smilie
*joking*
---
#33 Posted: 13:57:21 27/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Pfft you lil... lol
anyway, about the egg issue. Where are all the females, to begin with? I have my ideas but what do you all thing?
---
#34 Posted: 16:52:36 27/04/2011
Quote: AkantorMH
Pfft you lil... lol
anyway, about the egg issue. Where are all the females, to begin with? I have my ideas but what do you all thing?

Meh, I don't know. Perhaps the females got taken away to a far distant place where the sun shines over the hills, smilie I don't know.
#35 Posted: 21:43:26 27/04/2011
Nein! Es ist nicht Ostern! Hör auf zu reden Unsinn über diese "Eier", falls Sie über Spyro Diskussion bedeuten: Yearo des Drachen.
#36 Posted: 22:44:46 27/04/2011 | Topic Creator
>.> um, English please
---
#37 Posted: 23:49:37 27/04/2011
No! Its not Easter! So we cannot talk about "eggs" unless we're talking about Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
#38 Posted: 00:12:50 28/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh...
---
#39 Posted: 12:35:13 28/04/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
No! Its not Easter! So we cannot talk about "eggs" unless we're talking about Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

I think we were talking about the eggs in Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning.
#40 Posted: 00:23:58 29/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Yes, Thank you SuperSpyroFan
---
#41 Posted: 02:29:55 29/04/2011
O.O
???

Anywho, for anyone who would like to know what happens post-DotD, check out these:

The Legend of Spyro: Revenant (ESRB Rating: T (for War Violence, Blood, and Mild Language))

*and*

The Legend of Spyro: Apocalypse (ESRB Rating: T (for War Violence, Blood, Mild Language, and some Sensual Content))
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:11 29/04/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me