Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Discovering Dragons (Book one of the Dracologist Cycle)
Page 1 of 1
Discovering Dragons (Book one of the Dracologist Cycle) [CLOSED]
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#1 Posted: 01:09:58 18/04/2011 | Topic Creator
This is a book cycle that I thought of a couple weeks ago while reading a book about becoming a dracologist (A person who studies dragons). I might change the title. If anyone has a good name for a title, then please tell me. Thanks. smilie

Plot: The young boy, Ronald Martin, has always been interested in dragons his entire life. He drew drawings of dragons, read books about dragons, he even pretended to be a dragon. Once he is twenty, he dedicates his life to being a dracologist but many years pass and he begins to not want to be. Failier to find a real dragon and bad influences nearly cause him to quit his job. He'll show them. Ron decides to make his own dragon to proove to people that dragons do exist, when he is abducted by real dragons and taken to a mysterious land of dragons where he is trialed for making a replica of an evil dragon. What will happen in the exciting first book of the cycle? Read to find out!

I'll be starting it today.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:31 19/04/2011 by Fireball
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3163
#2 Posted: 23:25:09 19/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Okay, here it is.

Prologue

Ronald Martin was a young boy. Very cheery and kind. The 4th grade class was having a field trip to the zoo.

"Come along, class," said the teacher as she led them off to see the elephants.

Ron stayed put. He had never really liked zoos. The only exhibits he liked was the reptile house and the polar bears.

The teacher disappeared around the corner along with the rest of the class.

Ron continued to look at the exhibits. Polar bears were eating fish and snakes were eating mice. He then gasped in shock of what lie ahead.

In the next exhibit sat the most beautiful things Ron had ever seen. They were green, scaly, and big.

Ron looked to the sign in front of him: Komodo Dragons. He had heard of dragons. He always thought they were crude and mean, but dragons in the zoo?

Ron continued to look at the interesting specimens in front of him and began to approach the railing stopping anyone from getting into the habitat. He grabbed a hold of it and tried to pull himself over it.

The komodos looked at him suspiciously. They long, tapered tongues flickered out of their mouths. They began to approach the railing.

"You know, the sign says no entering the habitat for a reason," said a voice.

Ron hopped down from the railing and turned around frightened. The speaker was a male zoo keeper.

"I'm sorry," said Ron, "But why do you have dragons in the zoo? They don't exist, right?"

"Oh, these are the closest to dragons as we have. They aren't real dragons like the big scary ones with wings. Why are you wondering?" asked the zookeeper.

"So, are dragons really real?" asked Ron.

"Of course they are! I done seen one with my own eyes!" exclaimed the zoo keeper.

"Well, are all dragons mean?" asked Ron. He was surprised that dragons 'existed'.

"No. Very few are mean, actually. Most of them are nice. Don't believe all that malarkey about dragons hoarding treasure and destroying towns," said the zookeeper, "They are quite peaceful."

"Re-really? Why haven't I seen any?" asked Ron.

"Because dragons don't like to be in public places. They often hide in hard to reach places. Very few dragons exist now a days because of all them hunters," said the zookeeper.

"Oh."

"Why aren't you with your class?" asked the zookeeper, "Come with me."

Ron found himself carried off to his class.

The zookeeper winked, "Don't forget about them dragons, ya hear? They are very special and are endangered!"

Ron nodded and continued his class trip, not forgetting about the mythical dragons that the zookeeper had told him about.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me