Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Coming Fall 2008 - Spyro: Legacy of Ages
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Coming Fall 2008 - Spyro: Legacy of Ages [CLOSED]
jamieque Fodder
#1 Posted: 06:56:42 02/09/2006
Hi, I am posting this info here as a way of gathering fans who are interested in auditioning for roles in the first animated Spyro film project ever done. It is a movie for the fans and will focus on a whole new storyline that picks up six months to a year after A Hero's Tale. If anyone is interested then go to Spyroforum.com or just e-mail at alphainc7@hotmail.com.

Also, be on the lookout for the website and artwork from the in-production film. Since this film is for the fans you all will be happy to know that the fan favorite characters of Elora and Bianca return. Also, expect to see Ember and Flame appear as well. There is more info forthcoming on the project but for now I just wanted to tell you guys what was going on.

Stay tuned...
Shockend Fan Fodder
#2 Posted: 22:20:07 05/09/2006
OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!(i hope its not idiotic like all the other game to movie, movies)And WOW they put a due date too!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember 2 years ago they say they wer going to make a Halo 2 movie and i'm still waiting for somthing to happen.
fantasy lover Fodder
#3 Posted: 21:49:46 06/09/2006
OH WOW! a Spyro film?!?! I never thought I'd see the daysmilie
jamieque Fodder
#4 Posted: 14:31:18 08/09/2006
CASTING INFO

The film will feature these characters as main characters:

Spyro
Hunter
Flame
Ember
Blink
The Professor
Nestor
Mrs. Shoutfire aka Sandra

Also the return of Bianca and Elora

Guest stars included:

Yet to be decided but there will be guest stars count on it.

I know many of you are wondering who is going to be the big villian of this film. Well, trust me it is a real surprise because it isn't going to be just one villian. The villian/s are totally brand new and link up with my fanfiction series. The film main focus is about finding ones place in the world and facing the darkness with hope. Roles for the film are still open so send in those recordings to alphainc7@hotmail.com. I will have a website up soon to desplay more info and details. Well, moving on... this leads me to:

FILM DESCRIPTION

Spyro: Legacy of Ages

The film takes place 6 months after A Hero's Tale. Nestor has started teaching Spyro how to tap into his dormant magic abilities. Spyro is having trouble grasping the details (no surprise there). However, Spyro has started to have troubling dreams and visions of events that have happened and those that have yet to occur. Spyro begins to question everything about himself, his world and his place in the grand scheme of all things.

While this is happening other evernts are taking place that will trigger the start of what will be Spyro's wierdest adventure to date. As the story progresses, Spyro encounters a mysterious dragoness calling herself the Oracle. She reveals a secret that Nestor and the other Dragon Elders have been keeping hidden for ages... a mystical tome known as the Tome of Ages has been in Nestor's care for ages. The Tome is mystical artifact that holds the history of the Dragon Clans. Spyro. during a magic lesson with Nestor, confronts the elder telling him he knows about the Tome of Ages. Nestor reveals the Tome and tells Spyro it must never be opened. Spyro being Spyro asks why of course and that is when things get complicated.

The Tome gets stolen and Spyro with his friends by his side end up have to launch a search that will take them places they have never been before. In the end, Spyro will confront the ONE who stoled Tome and when he does he will not like who it turns out to be...

The film sets into motion events that lead to Spyro: Dragon of Destiny which takes place two and half years later after the events the film will potray. The film is slightly darker in scope and features a more mature take on Spyro and his friends. The film basically takes the original storyline of the game that Insomiac Games made and pushes it forward. In other words, where the game ends... the film begins...

That is all I have to say for now. If you guys have any questions then send them to me via my company e-mail address at alphainc7@hotmail.com or go on aim and check jamiequ11 to see if I am online. If I am then send me an invite or I will send one and then feel free to ask me all of your questions. I will respond in turn. Take care everyone.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#5 Posted: 11:06:03 10/09/2006
I do think that you need to be a little bit clearer in that this is a fan-made film and not one officially commissioned by Vivendi Games. But good luck with it nonetheless.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
jamieque Fodder
#6 Posted: 18:05:51 10/09/2006
The plotline of the film will become very clear to everyone in the months ahead. This film maybe a fan made but it is gift to the fans who have stuck with this series for so long despite VG's poor handling of the story. I am glad the film isn't commissioned by Vivendi Games because they would interfere with the plans I have to take Spyro beyond the original games and into new territory.

It is way past time that Spyro be given a proper adventure and no I don't consider the upcoming game to be a proper story because it is an extreme reboot of the series. A reboot that by the way wasn't really necessary. They had a ton of good ideas left that they could have used and yet they tossed them all away. I don't like calling anyone stupid but in this case I'll make an exception because what they did was extremely stupid. If they wanted to do a origin story for Spyro so badly then I think it would have been better to do one with the current version of the character and not this revamped version. If you are anyone here has any questions to ask me then fire up your aim accounts and look for jamiequ11 and send me an invite to talk. I will gladly answer all your questions including where I am going with this film.
spyrorocks Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#7 Posted: 21:55:58 10/09/2006
Yes, this movie is in no way affiliated/commissioned with VU at all. Or any other official spyro producer.
artiste_violet Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10775
#8 Posted: 11:41:16 20/09/2006
A SPYRO MOVIE!!?? OMG I SOOOO WANT TO SEE THAT!!!
#9 Posted: 20:36:39 20/09/2006
will the movie be on DVD or somethin? please answer as soon as possible cause i want 2 know real bad!
#10 Posted: 21:27:59 20/09/2006
can someone please answer me?
jamieque Fodder
#11 Posted: 11:39:53 23/09/2006
I am sorry artiste_violet for not responding sooner but as you probably already know I have been extremely busy working the film and the pc game sequel to the film. At the moment a DVD release is still up in the air but I wouldn't rule it out. Anything could happen between now and 2008.
#12 Posted: 14:21:37 23/09/2006
ok. thanks jamieque smilie I really apretiate what ur doing smilie
#13 Posted: 21:53:51 23/09/2006
Most likely the movie will not be in stores, but you might be able to order a dvd on the upcomming website to support further development.
#14 Posted: 14:11:19 24/09/2006
Cool! smilie
RenanSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1619
#15 Posted: 23:26:22 24/09/2006
Amazing!!
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
jamieque Fodder
#16 Posted: 19:23:36 29/09/2006
Yeah, it is amazing isn't it?! Anyway, RenanSpyro and everyone else, here is sample of two of the main songs from the upcomng film....

Song 1

"Legacy"

The Rough Lyrics to Spyro's Character Theme &
the main theme song of
the 2008 Spyro: Legacy of Ages film

Written By Nathaniel Watson II

-------------

"Legacy (Repeats twice in a echo)
Where am I going?
Who am I?
I want to know?
What does the future hold? (repeats once)

I struggle and fight to do whats right?
To know where you going you must first
discover where you come from... ('come from' echoes)

Nobody knows what is in my heart.
I feel alone... so alone... so alone... alone...
I want to know...

Who am I?
Where do I come from?
Who am I?

Somebody tell me now...
Who am I?
Leacy... (echoes)
What will it be..."

(Songs Repeats and ends in an instrumental version)

Song 2

"Legacy of Ages" Version One
of the Main Theme

"The Journey has just begun...
Nobody knows...
Where are you going...

To know the future...
You must first discover your past...
Where do you come from?
What is your destiny?

Legacy of Ages...
Spyro...
Legacy of Ages..
Spyro...

(Brief Instrumental)

Season come and Season go...
But the more things change the more they stay the same...

The future starts right here and now....
Right here and now...

Legacy of Ages...
Unlock the secrets of the Past
Legacy of Ages
And discover your future...
Legacy of Ages (echoes twice)

Your jouney has...
Just begun...

Legacy of Ages (repeats once)
Spyro.... (echoes)
Legacy of Ages...
#17 Posted: 20:34:44 29/09/2006
cool lyrics!
samvan Green Sparx Gems: 111
#18 Posted: 02:18:47 30/09/2006
Hey who has played Spyro Hero's Tail???smiliesmiliesmilie......
---
samvan
#19 Posted: 20:22:34 30/09/2006
i did and its fun
fantasy lover Fodder
#20 Posted: 23:16:14 07/10/2006
same heresmilie
#21 Posted: 23:42:16 07/10/2006
Please stay on topic here people, this is about the fan movie that jamique is making. If you wish to discuss A Hero's Tail please start a new topic in the appropriate section.
---
spyroandsparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2220
#22 Posted: 13:44:48 22/10/2006
Quote: jamieque
CASTING INFO

The film will feature these characters as main characters:

Spyro
Hunter
Flame
Ember
Blink
The Professor
Nestor
Mrs. Shoutfire aka Sandra

Also the return of Bianca and Elora

Guest stars included:

Yet to be decided but there will be guest stars count on it.

I know many of you are wondering who is going to be the big villian of this film. Well, trust me it is a real surprise because it isn't going to be just one villian. The villian/s are totally brand new and link up with my fanfiction series. The film main focus is about finding ones place in the world and facing the darkness with hope. Roles for the film are still open so send in those recordings to alphainc7@hotmail.com. I will have a website up soon to desplay more info and details. Well, moving on... this leads me to:

FILM DESCRIPTION

Spyro: Legacy of Ages

The film takes place 6 months after A Hero's Tale. Nestor has started teaching Spyro how to tap into his dormant magic abilities. Spyro is having trouble grasping the details (no surprise there). However, Spyro has started to have troubling dreams and visions of events that have happened and those that have yet to occur. Spyro begins to question everything about himself, his world and his place in the grand scheme of all things.

While this is happening other evernts are taking place that will trigger the start of what will be Spyro's wierdest adventure to date. As the story progresses, Spyro encounters a mysterious dragoness calling herself the Oracle. She reveals a secret that Nestor and the other Dragon Elders have been keeping hidden for ages... a mystical tome known as the Tome of Ages has been in Nestor's care for ages. The Tome is mystical artifact that holds the history of the Dragon Clans. Spyro. during a magic lesson with Nestor, confronts the elder telling him he knows about the Tome of Ages. Nestor reveals the Tome and tells Spyro it must never be opened. Spyro being Spyro asks why of course and that is when things get complicated.

The Tome gets stolen and Spyro with his friends by his side end up have to launch a search that will take them places they have never been before. In the end, Spyro will confront the ONE who stoled Tome and when he does he will not like who it turns out to be...

The film sets into motion events that lead to Spyro: Dragon of Destiny which takes place two and half years later after the events the film will potray. The film is slightly darker in scope and features a more mature take on Spyro and his friends. The film basically takes the original storyline of the game that Insomiac Games made and pushes it forward. In other words, where the game ends... the film begins...

That is all I have to say for now. If you guys have any questions then send them to me via my company e-mail address at alphainc7@hotmail.com or go on aim and check jamiequ11 to see if I am online. If I am then send me an invite or I will send one and then feel free to ask me all of your questions. I will respond in turn. Take care everyone.

Put Sparx in it too!!!
---
COOCIE2 IS MY BEST FRIEND LOLOLOLOLOLOL
jamieque Fodder
#23 Posted: 08:32:36 25/10/2006
Sparx will play role in the film. The biggest change of course is the fact that I have to work on how he will play that role. Since this is a movie the Sparx as Spyro's life meter idea will have to be done slightly different.
jamieque Fodder
#24 Posted: 05:03:05 17/11/2006
The first drawings from the film are now up at Spyrofourm.com. Go check them out.
#25 Posted: 12:12:43 17/11/2006
Although I'm not really interested in this project, can I just say one thing? She's a Faun you dork!
---
jamieque Fodder
#26 Posted: 06:35:08 18/11/2006
Uh, dark52, the designs aren't finalized yet. I am fully aware of what Elora species is. I am just working out some redesigns for the film. None of the characters are going to look exactly 100% the same as they did before. This film takes place at a point further ahead in the timeline. The charcters are all older then they were before so expect them to look different..
jamieque Fodder
#27 Posted: 06:38:28 18/11/2006
However, if you aren't interested in the film then prehaps the future HEROES game trilogy in development will interest you.
#28 Posted: 22:21:26 19/11/2006
Not really no.

A faun is not a mix between a fox and a goat, it's a human and a goat, and even more specifically:

Quote:
Any of a group of rural deities represented as having the body of a man and the horns, ears, tail, and sometimes legs of a goat.

So I'm not sure where you're going with those designs. smilie
---
the red fox Green Sparx Gems: 493
#29 Posted: 02:42:55 20/11/2006
Whoever said that they looked like a fox and a goat? I can never see how someone thought that up.
---
***"I Care!"-nobody say****
jamieque Fodder
#30 Posted: 03:22:05 20/11/2006
The Elora issue will be sorted out in time. As far as I am concern the game didn't potray her as a human and a goat mix. Either way I going by the original design. She isn't human and a goat mix faun. Her appearance in the original games didn't look very goat-like to me so I will do the best I can with her design. If she looks different then she will look different.

If you aren't interested in my series, the film or the planned game trilogy then just ignore my hard work. I will do my best with what I have and that is all I can do. I am sorry you don't find my story ideas uninteresting. Oh well, I got get back to work on the film and season two of the series.
#31 Posted: 05:39:19 20/11/2006
Design it how you feel like.
#32 Posted: 16:54:16 20/11/2006
Quote: jamieque
As far as I am concern the game didn't potray her as a human and a goat mix.

What other kind of faun is there? Spyro seemed happy enough to ask whether she was some kind of goat.

Oh, and it's nothing personal by the way, I just don't care for fan-fiction, so feel free to ignore everything I've said, I was just wondering why you'd changed her species.
---
jamieque Fodder
#33 Posted: 22:40:12 21/11/2006
But I didn't change her species despite what you thnk. I remember Spyro asking her that question. The fact is that the game world of Spyro isn't our world and thus the definition of a faun doesn't have to be a human/goat mix. Besides her tail is too long and fox-like in coloring to be a goat/human mix.

As for not liking the fanfiction I have written that is okay. Not everyone does but hey its their lost because they are missing a very exciting story that is only going to get more exciting in the year ahead. Sorry you don't like fanfiction but considering the state of the OFFICIAL game storyline the tons of fanfictions out there are a hell of alot better in my opinion. At least they are different and actually DO something with Spyro and the gang. The game is so static and unchanging that it has become rather boring. Whether you agree or not is trivial. To me, after nearly ten years, this fact is unexceptable. The franchise has to change and no I don't mean the slash reboot LEGEND OF SPYRO type change. The new game is nice but to throw out EVERYTHING THAT INSOMIAC GAMES CREATED! *SIGH* What a total waste. The reboot was not needed. The Dark Master and Cynder storyline could have been used in the original storyline witout much problems.

The biggest issue I have with the new game is the fact the new Spyro is too damn young to be able to do the acrobatic/magic/level of powers thing. Krome Games did a good job but they went too far with their redefining Spyro. He is too powerful considering his age. Now the original Spyro having this level of power and acrobatic skill is more believable because he is much older. This Spyro.... uhhh no! His age is huge factor. Now I do like the more serious personality of the new Spyro compared to the older Spyro who was not nearly as mature. My point is that by Krome doing what they have done they have passed up a unique opportunity to add depth and definition to the older Spyro. If the second Legend of Spyro game is like the first then the series will have just traded one static hell for the oh so cookie cutterish 'Destine Hero' premise hell that has been done to death in every... single... other... game/novel/movie/series.

I hate those types of games. Spyro was a TRUE HERO in the original storyline. Now he is just another stereotypical hero like so many others. Oh well to each his or her own. By the way, spyrorocks, are you doing some upgrades to the spyroforum because I can't get in at all.
#34 Posted: 01:20:23 22/11/2006
Well, she looks like a classic faun in Spyro 2 to me, but whatever.
---
Michael Yellow Sparx Gems: 1326
#35 Posted: 20:03:01 23/11/2006
Well Jamieque, I myself am not fond of fan fiction. While I did comment somewhere in the ANB forum about how I found your DOD series impressive, I must admit that I find all fan fiction to be tedious. I find that fan fiction stories convult the story too much, such as adding dark and adult atmospheres to games or films for children, such as the Spyro series, and that many stories in fandom being littered with cliches such as main charaters such as the protagonist and the antagonist to being related and such. Also Jamie, you yourself complain that you find the Spyro of the new continuty to be stereotypical because of him being the "chosen one" and stating how VU Games ruined the original Spyro continuty, despite the fact that in reality Insomniac is just as blameable as VU. Insomniac's trilogy had no real storyline linking the three games, no charaters had their backgrounds explored nor was there any real character development(except for Hunter and Bianca) that took place in the trilogy. As for Elora, she is half human, half goat and she is in no way part fox. She wouldn't be a faun then if she was part fox.
Last edited at 16:33:43 26/11/2006 by Michael
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#36 Posted: 15:02:27 24/11/2006
This'll be interesting. Let me know when it's out....
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Lover of Spyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1831
#37 Posted: 09:30:16 26/11/2006
well,my total biggest dream is coming true in 2008!!!(i've got to get a part in the movie!i must be the biggest fan in the wold of spyro!!!)(the bad thing is, i'm only 10!!!)
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Last edited at 18:07:33 26/11/2006 by Lover of Spyro
#38 Posted: 18:00:11 26/11/2006
wow!i'd LOOOOOOOOOVE to audition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i'm Spyro's number 1 biggest fan)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#39 Posted: 18:04:18 26/11/2006
*crying* if i don't get a part, i'll be the 1st person to buy it and watch it!!!!!!!!!(by the way, i hate Ember and Elora cos they try to FLIRT and KISS Spyro!)(and i want to kiss Spyro!!)(do they have to be in themovie!!!???!!!)
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#40 Posted: 23:12:55 26/11/2006
Hey, Lover of Spyro! I'm the True Spyro #1 Fan!
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
#41 Posted: 23:20:28 26/11/2006
Hey, jamieque, What you think about translate the movie to other languages? I can translate to Brazilian Portuguese, but I need all the texts of the movie to do it...
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
#42 Posted: 16:19:20 27/11/2006
hey!you think YOUR the #1 fan?!!!?well,how old is spyro on A Hero's Tail, and how old is he on Spyro The Dragon game???!!!(i should know cos he first came out on game when i was 2 and i'm 10 now!)(thats a clue!)
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#43 Posted: 17:17:22 27/11/2006
HEY!WILL THERE BE AUDITIONS!!!???!!!(if there is, can 10 year olds audition???!!!???)
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#44 Posted: 21:50:28 27/11/2006
yes there are auditions.
jamieque Fodder
#45 Posted: 13:15:33 15/12/2006
Auditions are currently being accepted for the film as Spyrorocks has said so get to submitting people.
#46 Posted: 20:02:49 15/12/2006
*wishing that it is'nt wot shes about to say*is it based in the US or in America!!!????!!!
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
#47 Posted: 22:17:12 17/12/2006
USA. But the auditions can be emailed to jaimeque or posted on spyroforum in the movie's fourm. Just upload your voice clip to some free file osting service then post your downloadlink there.
PrincessPeachie Green Sparx Gems: 232
#48 Posted: 11:00:49 19/12/2006
Quote:
The new game is nice but to throw out EVERYTHING THAT INSOMIAC GAMES CREATED! *SIGH* What a total waste. The reboot was not needed. The Dark Master and Cynder storyline could have been used in the original storyline witout much problems.

The biggest issue I have with the new game is the fact the new Spyro is too damn young to be able to do the acrobatic/magic/level of powers thing. Krome Games did a good job but they went too far with their redefining Spyro. He is too powerful considering his age. Now the original Spyro having this level of power and acrobatic skill is more believable because he is much older. This Spyro.... uhhh no! His age is huge factor. Now I do like the more serious personality of the new Spyro compared to the older Spyro who was not nearly as mature. My point is that by Krome doing what they have done they have passed up a unique opportunity to add depth and definition to the older Spyro. If the second Legend of Spyro game is like the first then the series will have just traded one static hell for the oh so cookie cutterish 'Destine Hero' premise hell that has been done to death in every... single... other... game/novel/movie/series.

I hate those types of games. Spyro was a TRUE HERO in the original storyline. Now he is just another stereotypical hero like so many others.

I totally agree with everything you said... *sobs*

This movie sounds really awesome, I'd like to see it. smilie
---
<3 Spyro <3
the doctor Fodder
#49 Posted: 16:16:12 19/12/2006
aaaaaahhhhhh(before i start i knew lover of spyro would be on here!) this has been my dream since i was 8 or 9!!!!(well actually i have bigger dreams now but this one is on my top ten!) Im so going to the auditionings if theyre doing any.... although my voice is very good for acting... wonder who i could play? i dont wanna do elora but if she does get to kiss spyro, sign me up!
#50 Posted: 16:14:01 20/12/2006
*gasping* you are a 2 timer emma! cheating on David Tennant!and if i have to i'll fight you 4 spyro
---
i'm baaack!smiliesmilie
Page 1 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me