Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Wolfstar's Journey ~A Warriors Story~
Page 1 of 1
Wolfstar's Journey ~A Warriors Story~ [CLOSED]
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#1 Posted: 06:15:23 27/03/2011 | Topic Creator
I just feel like writing a story about the Warrior Cats.
I know that WolfClan isn't real, but I needed a different clan for this story...

Chapter One

“Look, she’s opening her eyes!” Wolfkit’s mother, Nightspirit, purred warmly as her second kit opened her eyes for the first time. Wolfkit’s ears were filled with gasps as she felt herself blink in confusion.
“How unusual!”
“I’ve never seen anything like it!”
“One eye blue, the other red…”
Her sister, Tanglekit, squeaked with delight. “Wow, I wish I had eyes like that!”
“B-but…I can’t see you guys…” Wolfkit mewed uncertainly, “Everything’s still black!”
She heard cats around her grunt as the medicine cat shoved past the crowd to examine the puzzled black-furred kit.
“Can you see this?” The medicine cat, Mistglow, asked. Wolfkit felt the air around her face shift as the old cat’s tail waved in front of her eyes.
“N-no…” Wolfkit mumbled. Why couldn’t she see like the others? She could tell with sounds and smells what was going on around the camp, even without her sight, but she knew that wouldn’t be enough if she wanted to become a warrior like her father was.
Wolfkit rubbed her left eye with her paw, trying to see if she could get some vision into it, but no such luck. She rubbed her right eye, and a slit of colour appeared, startling her.
“Mother, I’m starting to see! I see colours!” Wolfkit squealed with happiness. She would be able to become a warrior after all!
She wiped her eye again, and her vision became clearer, and she blinked the last bit of fuzziness away. Excitement surged through her as relieved sighs sounded around her.
She began to wipe her left eye again, but she could see no clearly.
“Mother, I can’t see out of my other eye! It’s still all black through that one!” She mewled in dismay. Would she still be able to get her warrior name with sight only in one eye?
Mistglow looked thoroughly at both her eyes, and sat back to confirm what she discovered.
“Yes, it appears that she is blind in one eye.”
Wolfkit’s shoulders slumped with disappointment.
“…but apart from that, her other eye seems to be functioning perfectly fine, and her body is strong and healthy. Nothing should prevent her from becoming a fine clan cat.”
A spark of hope flared inside of Wolfkit. Yes, she would work twice as hard as any other cat! Then maybe their leader would make her a warrior earlier than any other kit or apprentice. Apart from her sister, of course, who she would request to get named a warrior at the same time as her.
Tanglekit bounced with excitement, and skidded to a halt next to her sister.
“That’s so cool! You can see out of your blue eye, but not out of your red eye! You’re the best sister ever!” She purred, nuzzling Wolfkit with her small pink nose. Wolfkit felt her fur go hot after the warm compliment from her sister, but the feeling was soon replaced by excitement as her sister asked for permission to explore the camp.
Her mother considered the question, before granting them access with a flick of her tail.
“But Tanglekit, look after your sister.” She cautioned. The two kits nodded, and their black pelts mingled as they bounded out of the barriers of the nursery and into the camp for the first time.
cynder2000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2277
#2 Posted: 15:49:43 27/03/2011
Ooooh,nice story!It's really good!smilie
---
(Avatar made by CinderLover!smilie)
"In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."
I'm still here, but I'm mainly invisible...
#3 Posted: 03:02:01 28/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks, here's the next part (the whole story's gonna be a bit long...)
Chapter Two

As they explored around the camp, Wolfkit found that walking around in circles was easier for her, because she could only see out of one eye. The kits were speechless. Who knew that their camp would be so big!
Wolfkit blinked in surprise as she turned to the left and bumped into a large she-cat with dark brown fur.
“Hey, watch where you’re goin’!” she growled. The cat leaned closer towards the forlorn looking kit. The she-cat’s eyes narrowed as she commented about Wolfkit’s appearance. She got so close, Wolfkit could feel her hot breath ruffling her fur.
“Hey, you’re that kit with the funny eyes, huh? You were named after WolfClan’s first leader, eh? I don’t know how you’re going to live up to that name…” The grouchy cat stalked away, leaving Wolfkit standing in the middle of the clearing, shaking with relief and embarrassment after being insulted in front of the whole of WolfClan.
Tanglekit padded clumsily up to Wolfkit and nudged her shoulder. “Don’t look so frightened,” she encouraged, “There’s still the rest of the territory to explore!”
Wolfkit’s embarrassment was soon washed away and was replaced with her usual sense for adventure.
The two littermates bounded up towards the edge of the WolfClan camp, before being blocked by two large cats.
“Where might you two kits be going?” the cat with a cream-coloured pelt asked in a gruff voice.
“Surely not outside of camp?” The other cat, which had ginger fur, chimed in.
“Back off, will you? Let me handle this.” A new voice rang out across the clearing, as a silver cat strutted towards them.
“Who’s he? He’s bigger than any cat I’ve ever seen; even mother!” Wolfkit hissed in her sister’s ear.
“Dunno, but whoever he is, he looks important…” Tanglekit whispered back, without looking away from the silver tom.
The cat strolled up to them, and with a flick of his tail, the other cats stalked away towards the freshkill pile, their bellies low to the ground in embarrassment.
What was this big cat going to do to them? He gazed down at them with pale green eyes that glinted with authority. Was he going to give them a punishment? Or maybe tell their mother?
Tanglekit’s small voice broke the cold silence. “Who are you?”
The silver tom blinked, and his voice was hard and proud. “I am Warmfang, and I am WolfClan’s deputy.”
#4 Posted: 22:47:06 29/03/2011
Oh,I don't mind.It's really good!
---
#5 Posted: 04:16:39 02/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Thank you

Chapter 3

“Wow, the deputy!” Wolfkit’s eyes glowed with admiration.
“You must be really important!” Tanglekit mewed. It was obvious that both kits were no longer worried about punishment.
Warmth flowed into the deputy’s eyes; he obviously had a soft spot for kits.
“What do you think you’re doing?” He scolded them gently, “You’re far too young to be leaving camp.”
Wolfkit’s red eye dulled with disappointment. “W-we just wanted to explore…”
She started to argue, but knew it was useless to disobey a cat with such high authority.
“Every kit has that feeling, but you must wait until you’re both apprentices until you can explore the rest of WolfClan’s territory.” Warmfang stated. The kits’ ears shifted as they considered what he had just said.
“When will we be named apprentices?” Tanglekit queried.
“When you are six moons old.” Warmfang replied. Memories seemed to flicker in his eyes, as if he was remembering his own apprentice ceremony.
“But that’ll be in leaf-fall…” Wolfkit grumbled.
Warmfang smiled. “It only seems a long way away, but it’ll come sooner than you think. You should enjoy being a kit while it lasts.”
The two littermates were too young to understand what he meant, and started to ask him more questions.
“Do you know who those two cats back there are?” Tanglekit asked.
“Yeah, and who was that old she-cat who growled at me?” Wolfkit demanded, and her face went hot at the memory of the sour brown-furred elder.
Warmfang blinked again and replied, “The two cats at the border of the camp were Sunclaw and Cloudleaf. They may be new warriors, but they act like they were both named leader of WolfClan.” Amusement filled all three of the cats’ eyes, “and the she-cat is Brambletongue. The name suits her, don’t you think?” Warmfang let off a laugh-like purr while the two kits nodded with smirks.
“But her tongue is sharper than her bite. She can be quite kind, if she hasn’t just been woken from a nap.”
“Wow…and those are just three of the clan cats…” Wolfkit meowed, “Just wait ‘till we meet all of the cats!”
#6 Posted: 23:38:15 02/04/2011
Very nice!It's great!And,you're welcome.smilie
---
#7 Posted: 08:23:54 06/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Here's Chapter 4

Almost six moons had past after the kits’ encounter with the clan deputy.
“He looked so big and strong!” the littermates had told their mother that sundown, “and we met other cats too!”
“Now, that sounds like quite a day,” Nightspirit had purred, “which must mean that you two are tired after your adventure.”
The kits’ had refused to sleep at first, but had soon found themselves yawning and snuggling up against their mother in her warm nest.
Tanglekit and Wolfkit spent the next moons visiting Warmfang next to the freshkill pile, and he always had an interesting story to tell them about the recent patrols he had been on.
“I feel like an elder telling apprentices about the good old days when prey was running fresh and twolegs left us alone.” He grinned. The two kits’ eyes lit up at the mention of that word.
“Ah, yes.” Warmfang noticed, “You’ll be apprentices soon, won’t you?”
“Hopefully tonight!” Wolfkit fluffed out her chest fur with pride.
“You might want to go back to the nursery to get yourselves cleaned up then.” The deputy suggested, flicking his tail towards the smudges of dirt and dust on their pelts from where the kits had been tussling in the sand earlier.
Wolfkit and her sister nodded and bounded over to the nursery entrance.
“Shh, not so loud.” Their mother scolded them, “Snowpool’s kits are asleep.”
One of the Queens, Snowpool, had kitted recently, and had a healthy litter of three new kits, Fuzzykit, blackkit, and Rosekit.
The sisters slowed their pawsteps and snuck inside. Nightspirit began to groom them silently, and excitement crackled through the air as the littermates waited for the signal from their clan leader. They both gasped with glee as they heard the call they’d been waiting moons for: “All cats who are old enough to catch their own prey, gather around under the Highlog.”
Wolfkit and Tanglekit leapt out of their mother’s grasp and bounded outside under the tree stump that their leader was standing on.
Nightspirit soon joined them, pride shining in her eyes as the rest of the clan gathered to see their apprentice ceremony.
WolfClan’s leader, Brightstar, beckoned with his tail for the two kits to step forwards.
“It’s time that the two kits, Wolfkit and Tanglekit received the titles of apprentices.” his head turned to them, his amber eyes glistening. “Wolfkit, Tanglekit, step forth.” He commanded. Wolfkit held her excitement under control as she and her sister padded up to the Highlog. Her paws tingled as she sat in front of all her clanmates. She even saw Bramletongue’s head poking out of the elder’s den to watch the proud moment.
#8 Posted: 23:07:32 07/04/2011
Oh,very nice!smilie I needs moar!
---
#9 Posted: 23:26:27 09/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5

“Wolfkit,” Brightstar’s voice rang out over the clearing, “From this day forth you shall be known as Wolfpaw until you receive your warrior name. May StarClan light your pawsteps as you train to reach the path of a warrior.”
Nightspirit watched proudly as their leader performed the traditional ritual.
Brightstar’s keen eyes scanned the clearing of cats.
“Cloudleaf, you shall be mentor to Wolfkit. Teach her the ways and loyalties of the warrior code that your mentor passed on to you.”
Oh no, Cloudleaf? She groaned inwardly, Why him, of all cats?
Cloudleaf trotted proudly over to Wolfpaw, and they touched noses, accepting his mentorship. Cloudleaf looked just as excited as her.
Wolfpaw glanced at her sister as Brightstar performed the same speech for Tanglekit.
“Tanglekit, from this day forth until you receive your warrior name, you shall be known as Tanglepaw. May StarClan guide your journey to becoming a warrior.”
Tanglepaw’s eyes shone, and she shot a joyful glance at her sister and mother.
“Tanglepaw, your mentor shall be Lilywhisker. May she pass on her skills and loyalty down to you.” They too touched noses, and Lilywhisker laid the tip of her tail on Tanglepaw’s shoulder.
At least she didn’t get Sunclaw… Wolfpaw thought with a smirk as she remembered the smug ginger-furred warrior.
Pride buzzed in the sisters’ paws as they stepped down with their mentors, and the clan cheered and celebrated for the new apprentices. “Wolfpaw! Tanglepaw! Wolfpaw! Tanglepaw!”
#10 Posted: 23:49:27 09/04/2011
Oh,awesome!smilie
---
#11 Posted: 23:01:24 15/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6

“Wolfpaw! Wolfpaw!” Wolfpaw groaned sleepily as she felt something prodding her back.
“Wolfpaw, wake up! It’s time for dawn patrol, and Warmfang chose us!”
Wolfpaw twisted her head around to see Tanglepaw. She looked excited; her paws shifted constantly and her eyes shone. It had been their first night sleeping in the apprentice den, and it had been a lovely break from sleeping next to noisy kits in the nursery.
Sunlight shone through the brambles and vines blocking the entrance to the den, and a chilly morning breeze ruffled her fur.
Tanglepaw poked Wolfpaw again, and continued to nag her. “Come on, hurry up!”
Wolfpaw let off a noisy yawn, “All right, I’m up.”
She heaved herself clumsily to her paws, and padded outside into camp with her sister. Her paws were numb from the cold rock below that made the clearing. She paused briefly to stretch, then continued on after her sister towards the group of cats.
The dawn patrol was in silent conversation, careful not to wake other sleeping cats.
Warmfang turned to them and grinned. “Ah here you are! I thought you would never arrive!”
“That would be because of sleeping beauty over here!” Tanglepaw mewed cheekily and flicked her tail over to Wolfpaw.
“Well, I’m glad you’re awake now. We’re just about to leave.” Warmfang nodded to them. Wolfpaw opened her jaws to reply when a loud meow sounded from behind them.
“Wolfpaw, wait!” she turned her head to see Cloudleaf trotting over to them.
“What is it?” she asked her mentor irritably. This was her first patrol, and she wanted to get a move on.
Cloudleaf sat up and began to wash his paws casually as he spoke. “I think it would be best if I taught you how to hunt first. You know, you’ll always get another chance for patrol, and by then you could catch a mouse or two on your way back. You can’t even crouch properly.”
Wolfpaw’s eyes glazed with anger, and her ear tips felt hot with embarrassment after his comment on her crouch in front of senior warriors. “But I want to go on patrol first! Can I?”
Cloudleaf was about to argue back when Warmfang interrupted him. “I do think that it’s a good idea for you to go with Cloudleaf today, Wolfpaw. Like he said, there’s always tomorrow.”
Wolfpaw’s tail slumped to the ground. Even Warmfang doesn’t want her to come?
“Come on, let’s get going.” Warmfang ordered the other cats as they left for patrol.
Tanglepaw’s tail flicked sympathetically at her sister before padding out into the unknown territories.
Cloudleaf rested his tail on Wolfpaw’s shoulder and lead her away to a quiet corner in the camp to train. The strange thing was, is that he never removed his tail from her back until they stopped. Did he think that she was so helpless with one blind eye that she needed to be led around her own camp?
They stopped and sat down, and Cloudleaf began to speak again.
“Now, it might be a bit awkward to hunt and fight with that bad eye of yours…” he began.
Oh great, I was right! He thinks I’ll be defenseless just because of one lousy eye! Wolfpaw snorted inwardly. She tried to keep her anger under control as Cloudleaf continued to speak, “and I might need to spend some extra training time with you just to get used to fighting and hunting.”
He flicked his ears towards a rustling bush at the edge of camp. “Can you smell what animal that is?” he asked her.
Wolfpaw sniffed the air thoroughly. I’ll show him! I can be just as good as any other apprentice! “It smells like…squirrel…” she observed.
“Well done! Now, this is how you stalk it.” Cloudleaf sat up and began to demonstrate a low, quiet crouch towards the bush. “Now, you know WolfClan’s first ever leader, Wolfstar?” He asked in a hushed tone, eying the rustling bush.
“Yeah, I know him, who doesn’t?” Wolfpaw mumbled, focused on the bush.
“Well, for the first season-cycles, WolfClan used to exist near the mountains, and we picked up most of our hunting techniques from a nearby wolf pack…” he continued on.
Wolfpaw blinked, frustrated. I thought this was a hunting lesson, not a history lesson!
“Now, our clan has picked up the hunting methods of the wolves. Our clan prefers to hunt in groups, and ambush the prey in a tight corner or crevice in stone or earth. Sometimes, we even chase prey up trees…” He carried on his lecture.
Wolfpaw sighed and tried to zone him out. Instead she studied the forest ahead of them. They looked dark and menacing, with crispy red and orange leaves. It was leaf-fall, and the clan had to collect as much food as possible. On the other side of their camp were boulders and rocks that towered like mountains, a replication of WolfClan’s first home.
A cold breeze stirred up Wolfpaw’s sleek black pelt. With leaf bare coming, Brightstar would need the apprentices to work extra hard.
“…and then the other cat comes in from behind and makes the kill! Do you see how this works now?” Cloudleaf finished explanation.
Wolfpaw twitched her ears as she hurriedly realized that she had missed the whole story.
“Um, uh…yeah, yeah, I see it now…” she lied, wincing. I hope that was nothing important…
Cloudleaf continued, “But seeming that you can only see out of one eye, we’ll have to adjust the hunting tactic. It’s your left eye you can’t see out of, yes?”
Wolfpaw nodded, wondering where he was going with this.
“Well then, when in a hunting group, stay on the left side of the ambush, so you can look with your right eye.”
Wolfpaw considered his idea, and then nodded again.
“Now, when fighting, you must adjust yourself so the enemy is never in front of the left side of your face. We’ll try it now.”
#12 Posted: 02:46:53 17/04/2011
Very nice!Keep going with the story!It's very good!smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me