Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
about hunter and bianca [CLOSED]
GagasSpyro Blue Sparx Gems: 681
#1 Posted: 00:09:20 28/02/2011 | Topic Creator
okay so there is a lot of cartoons with itner-speices relationships in Spyro hunter/bianca now my ? about this is why? because cartoons have never had any openly gay/lesbian/bi characters (there was actually a trans-gender in spyro 2 though) so parents, why are you fine with inter-speieces things (which is saying if billy wanted to marry a turtle it'd be fine) but not homo-sexuality
Hhmmmmmm
P.s. i just luanched a youtube channel and i will be filming my self playing Spyro: the dragon up to Dawn of the Dragon (pleas excuse bad quallity)
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#2 Posted: 00:11:51 28/02/2011
Who was in the trans-gender in Spyro 2 again?
#3 Posted: 00:13:41 28/02/2011 | Topic Creator
link to channle is http://www.youtube.com/user/ga...er?feature=mhum
#4 Posted: 00:15:42 28/02/2011 | Topic Creator
the transgender was juliet from zepher listen to what romeo says and notice he says HIM and not her that was NOT there by accident
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 00:42:16 28/02/2011
It's worth mentioning that Spyro and all other cartoons are not real. There is a long history of cross-dressing in cartoons for the sake of comedy (Bugs Bunny comes most notably to mind).

Characters of different species having relationships in cartoons literally has no precedent in the real world because it doesn't happen. Everyone knows its wrong to marry your dog. In the case of Hunter and Bianca, they're cartoons and we see cartoons as being human regardless of what they are drawn to look like. This is considered to be a good way to teach kids about not being racist when it's being used as a lesson, but mostly it isn't intended to be anything special by the creators (in the case of Hunter and Bianca, they have a relationship solely because Ted Price liked to create love interests for characters).

Incidentally, the "him" Romeo is referring to is the Professor, not Juliet.
Here's the scene and dialogue for proof.

Speaking as someone who knows a lot of real transgendered people and their partners, I can tell you that anybody who loves a transgendered person will not refer to them with the wrong pronoun. If Juliet were trans (which I doubt because in the 90's this was not a well-known phenomena), Romeo would always refer to her in female pronouns because, to both of them, Juliet is a girl.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:49:30 28/02/2011 by Razz
#6 Posted: 00:56:02 28/02/2011 | Topic Creator
true true my misstake
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me