Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Year of the Dog [CLOSED]
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#1 Posted: 20:11:59 21/02/2011 | Topic Creator
One of the stories I actually want to finish. Kinda like Warriors, but not. I have a story in mind about dogs. And so, IT SHALL BE MADE.
Here we go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The fireworks, as the Humans call it, shot into the sky with a loud bang. My children cower in fear in the alley under my stomach.
My mate and I laughed.
People cheared in happiness as a giant dragon made out of paper danced by. People in masks walk, spinning twirlers and throwing them up in the air. Some were even on fire! It was the Year of the Dog.....and my birthday. My mate nudges me and closes her eyes. Life was great. Being out in the wild was great and such a thrill!
But it wasn't always this great.

Let me tell you about my pup-hood. Let me tell you how I grew up and ended here.
Let me tell you, how one scentence got me so far. The scentence that rings in my head for years and years.
"My name is Tobias."
~~~~~~~~~
There you have it! The prolouge. Im quite proud of it actually. The description of the dogs with come. And some dogs you will see might be refrences to other people you might know. smilie
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Skyqueen Emerald Sparx Gems: 3282
#2 Posted: 06:06:34 22/02/2011
Yay, a dog story! smilie I really liked it how you described the 'spinning twirlers' and 'the giant dragon made out of paper', too!
---
N/A
cynder2000 Gold Sparx Gems: 2277
#3 Posted: 17:40:00 22/02/2011
Oh,cool!I'm reaing this one!smilie
---
(Avatar made by CinderLover!smilie)
"In a dog-eat-dog world, we lose part of our humanity."
I'm still here, but I'm mainly invisible...
FireFlight99 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#4 Posted: 17:43:02 22/02/2011
Nice! X3
---
Picture yourself in a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies~Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, The Beatles.
#5 Posted: 17:44:31 22/02/2011
ff!Woohoo!smilie :3
---
#6 Posted: 00:35:15 23/02/2011 | Topic Creator
YAY! Readers! Don't worry, this one I will wish to finish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It all started when I was a pup. You see, I wasn't always a wild dog. I was actually what you call, Man's best friend. I was born, in a house.
"Oh dear! Come quick!" my owner's wife called.
"What is it?" my owner put down his newpaper and took the pipe he was smoking out of his mouth.
"It's Suzy, she's having her pup!"
"What?!" my owner sprang out from his leather chair and ran into the kitchen.
My mother was laying on the ground, howling in pain. My father was right next to her. I always admired my father. I always wanted to be just like him. One fact: I looked exactly like him. Somedogs say that I could be his twin! His sand-like fur and brown floppy ears. His eyes were a calm brown. It struck your soul if you even came across him.
As my owner kneeled down by his pregnant pet, he shot a glance at my father.
"Buster, go away! I need to concetrate."
My mother said that the male of the house was a vet. It's how he found her. He was taking care of a parrot untill one of his assistants came in and brought her a a stray dog. He got her sprayed and decieded to take care of her. Anyway, back to the story.
"Okay girl, jus breath slowly and calm down," my owner relaxed.
My mother's ginger fur flatened down and she started to breath more slowly and camly. Then, a pup started to slowly come out. The vet's wife came in with a hot towel and some water. As the pup got farther out, the wife handed the hot towel and the owner put it under the pup. As it came out, he wrapped it around the sandy fur. My mother and father smiled, seeing their first pup. The pup suddenly open it's eyes.
"Congratualtions Suzy and Buster, it's a beauiful pup," the wife praised.
My father raised his head high.
"Honey, did you see? He opened his eyes already!" my owner excalimed of shock.
"So? How do you even know it's a male?"
"So, he's not supposed to yet! He's a newborn, and I know because I was the one who took him out,"
"Thats fantastic!" The vet put my mother's pup down and the couple walked away.
My father walked to his mate and looked at his son.
"He has your eyes," he smiled.
"And he has your everything," my mother, Suzy, replied jokefuly and proud.
"What should we name him?" My father asked, as the pup crawled to my mother's white stomach and started to suckle.
"How about....Tobias?"
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#7 Posted: 14:41:19 24/02/2011
FS!Great story!Need!Moarrrr!:3
---
#8 Posted: 21:33:01 02/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1, Year of the Dog.

~~~~~~~
[User Posted Image]

As my life progressed, my appearance started to be more and more like my fathers. The only thing diffrent was my blue eyes. I also has ths weird mark on my chest. My mother says its the Year of the Dog symbol, but I don't know where it came from. My father said it just started out as a brown spot when I was born.
Soon after, my little sister was born. Her name was Socks, because she always loved to play in my owner's socks! She was a ginger, like my mother. Yet she had brown eyes. She also had a white tail, though thats from my grandmother. I also checked to see any marks but I seemed to be the only one. Socks and I loved to play. I would always win the play fights and she would always win at Hide and Seek. We were both fast, so we would always win in tag. Even wth playing other dogs in the apartment! Our friends were Hiti, a spotted pup, and Greg. A really smart dog who has brown fur, but it;s starting to grow gray out of age He loves to watch us play wth his neice. It blows my mnd about how much he knows about my owner's kind.
One day, out of curiosity, I asked Greg about the mark on my chest. He told me he would get to me after reading the owner's books. You see, his owner is an old libraian lady who is retired. She still has some old, left-over books to read again. Most of them are legends and hstory books. Also romance, even though she WAS married.
Who knew what Greg found out what would change my famlily's, friends, and my own life, forever.
"Tobias! Tobias!" an old voice shouted out of the window.
I moanded and blnked open my eyes. I peered out of my soft, red bed and saw ears pricking up. My mouth opened for an incoming yawn and stretched my legs. My feet carried me out of my bed and looekd out the window to see a blury brown and grey dog. "Greg?"
"Tobias! Open this door quickly!" his 'british' accent ordered.
I jumped on windowcouch and turned the handle. Then pushed with my might to open the large window. The old dog jumped in quickly, and my groggy eyes opened wide with admirration. I never saw him jump like that untill that time Hiti almost drown. That ment somehting was troubling him.
"Greg? What's wrong?" I asked nervously.
"Tobias, remember that time when you asked me-"
"About the mark? Yea," I titled my head in confusion, "Why?"
"Come with me, and I will show you."

[User Posted Image]*
When I arrived n Greg's apartment, I followed him to a special room. The room with all the books. As we walked in, I was amazed at how much books were in there. So many books. Though I have been here plenty times before, it never ceases to amaze me. I think Greg feels the same. Everytime e walk in, he smiles greatly. Though something felt terribly wrong. He wasn't smilng. He was frowning.
We came across this table and saw an opened, leathery book on it. It looks so old! Older then Mrs. Hanker, Greg's owner. As he jumped on a big, velvet chair, he waited for me to jump. I tried my best and then jumped on a toad stool, tryong to find my balance before I can fully sit down. Once I settled, he stared starit into me, and I gulped.
"Okay, what's going on?" I squeaked, but in a brave way.
"Read this," he retorted, putting his paw on the dusty page. It took me a while to relize he was ponting to a passage.
I peered inside to see the following paragraph:
Year of the Dog-
Durng the Year of the Dog, a special animal is born. This animal is a dog. The Sprit of the Dog then choses a new host when it's old one has died. Or it makes the new one by itself in a mother's womb. When this dog born, the sprit goes inside it and takes it's form. It does not control it, but it helps is control the dog's powers. This could be inherited or a random choice. The Year of the Dog Spirit is said to be male, so it's hosts are only male. Though on a rare occasion, it choses a female. When the animal is at it's full power, the spirit takes control to calm it down, or use it's power. The 'birthmark' on it's fur lights up, indicating that the spirit is taking over. When the animal is born, and the spirit goes inside of it, and the mark appears anywhere on the body in where the spirit entered. This mark is in the form of the spirit's symbol. So if your dog has a Year of the Dog symbol somewhere around it's body, its most likely to be the protector of a new year.

I looked up from the book and peered at Greg. A shocked, scred, and excited look was on my face. "So....im a protetor of something? And I have...powers?"
My old friend just stared at me with a look of sorrow, and protection in his eyes.
"You must leave now."
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#9 Posted: 23:00:21 04/03/2011
Great story!This is SOOO good!
---
#10 Posted: 00:55:55 18/03/2011 | Topic Creator
Sorry guys, im working on it in my word document. It will take a while.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#11 Posted: 16:31:18 19/03/2011
Okay.Can't wait for more!
---
#12 Posted: 00:32:25 13/06/2011 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2, Escaping
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After that day, I told my parents about the discovery Greg and I found. They didn't beleive me.
"Tobias, don't beleive what that old rat has told you. Books can be fiction," my Father told me.
"Yes dear, that theory was made up. It's not true," Mother added.
"Well how do you know? You probably never heard of it 'till now!" Socks responded, her tail wagging in excitment.
"Socks, don't argue," my mother hushed.
"But she's right! Have you guys ever heard of it?" I asked, feeling intent.
Mother shook her head. She probably still thought it was a story the humans came up with. Father just shifted his eyes. Socks eyes widened as she saw this too.
"Dad.."
"Tobias, what else did you read?" he asked.
"That was it. But Greg told us to leave," I responded with confidence.
"No," he snapped. His brown eyes flared with anger. It was like staring into a polluted ball of fire. I shook with fear, never was I scared of my father. "Our owners would miss us," my mother said.
"But this is for our family! Apparently,im really dangerous!" I protested.
"Tobias, we are not having this disscusion any longer. It's over,"
"But father-"
"Over!" he turned around and scouted around in his bed. Laying down, he quickly fell asleep.
"Oh, im sorry Tobias. He's just worried. But we can't leave, we are to important to the couple," she licked my head and Socks for goodnight and fell asleep next to father.
I never was so scared and angry with father. After a few moments of staring scilence, Socks had an idea. "Why don't we leave, together, with Greg and Hiti?"
"Socks...that's a brilliant idea!" I jumped with joy, keeping in a yelp, "We will leave at dawn. I'll go tell Greg and Hiti,"
I slid through the open window and took carefull steps to the apartment a few doors away.
Greg and Hiti agreed, their eyes filled with pride and adventure. It didn't shock me at all when they agreed to come. What did surprise me, is what I found when I came back.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#13 Posted: 21:07:58 16/06/2011
Oh,yay!I can't WAIT to see what happens!smilie
---
carmahal Green Sparx Gems: 135
#14 Posted: 23:07:52 25/07/2011
rlly good! i want to read more... ahhhhhh MONKEYS!!!!!!... no wait nvm srry
---
Spyro: FIRE TIME!!! *tries to breathe fire* aww man i only coughed up sparks! Sparx: well how do you think i feel!
#15 Posted: 12:39:21 27/07/2011
smilie Yeah,I agree up the the "I want to read more part".smilie
---
#16 Posted: 15:18:12 27/07/2011
ya the monkeys bit was juts cause i had thought it was to short and it popped into mind so i typed it for some reason
---
Spyro: FIRE TIME!!! *tries to breathe fire* aww man i only coughed up sparks! Sparx: well how do you think i feel!
#17 Posted: 15:24:33 27/07/2011
smilie It was funny.And that wasn't too short.Sometimes,I just type in "bored" on my own rp.*shrugs* Nothing is too short,except for when it's below five characters.
---
#18 Posted: 15:51:47 27/07/2011
ya i dont no y but i feel like im a hated person and i started makin up excuses cause FS said ppl would think i was wierd
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me